J. Michael Strazcynski, Philip Tan, Rahsan Ekedal, and more sign at Collector’s Paradise on on Saturday May 4, 2013 for Free Comic Book Day!!
Collector’s Paradise FREE COMIC BOOK DAY Signing event is from 12pm to 3pm, while the sale and free comics are from 11am to 7pm, regular store hours. This year, in addition to the FREE Books, we’ll be hosting the following talented creators:
J. Michael Strazcynski – Creator of Babylon 5 TV Show, creator/writer of the hot new series TEN GRAND, as well as Rising Stars, Midnight Nation, writer on Superman Earth One HCs, Amazing Spider-Man, Thor, and Superman.
Philip Tan – Artist on DC’s NEW 52 Savage Hawkman, and the new Masters of the Universe series, as well as Uncanny X-Men, Spawn, Batman & Robin, and many more.
Rahsan Ekedal – artist on the hot new series THINK TANK, as well as Top Cow’s ECHOES and Pilot Season, Solomon Kane, Creepy and DC’s The Unexpected.
Andy Suriano – artist on DC’s Batman Brave & The Bold, Image Comics’ Charlatan’s Ball and Doc Bizarre MD, as well as an amazing animator.
Rick Basaldua – a fantastic inker on many projects from Top Cow (Artifacts, Magdalena, Darkness), as well as Marc Silvestri’s run on HULK.
Troy Peteri – an accomplished letterer, working with J. Michael Straczynski on TEN GRAND, as well as past projects, plus many titles in the Top Cow library of books.
7131 Winnetka Ave, Winnetka, CA 91306
Artist Philip Tan signs at Phat Collectibles on Saturday July 21, 2012 at 1:00 pm. The first fifteen people in line will get a FREE! head sketch and the first fifty people in line will be entered in a raffle for a one of a kind He-Man or Skeletor sketch.
1201 S. Euclid Street, Anaheim, CA 92804
Philip Tan, Sterling Gates, Bernard Chang, Dan Panosian, and many more sign on Saturday May 5, 2012 or Free Comic Book Day!
List of Talents and Events:
– PHILIP TAN (DC Comics: Savage Hawkman, He-Man & Masters of Universe)
– STERLING GATES (DC Comics: Hawk & Dove, Flashpoint Kid Flash)
– DAN PANOSIAN (DC Comics/Image: GI Combat, Conan)
– BERNARD CHANG (DC Comics: Demon Knights)
– VINCE HERNANDEZ (Aspen Comics: Fathom Kiani)
– DANNY MIKI (Marvel/Crimelab Syndicate: Avengers Assemble, Fearless, Incredible Hulk)
– ALLEN MARTINEZ (Marvel/Crimelab Syndicate: Hulk, X-Men Legacy, Iron Man Legacy)
– DEAN WHITE (Marvel: Kick Ass, Uncanny X-Force)
– RICHARD ISANOVE (Marvel: Dark Tower)
– MARCO GALLI (Marvel/Crimelab Syndicate: Venom, Artifacts, Forgotten Realms)
– MICHAEL ALAN NELSON (Boom Studios: Valen Outcast, 28 Days Later)
– CHRIS “DOC” WYATT (Arcana: Creepsville -coming soon)
– SHAWN DePASQUALE (Arcana: Space, MN graphic novel)
– ERIK HENDRIX (Arcana: SideShows Graphic Novel)
– JOHN NARCOMEY (Draw Hard Comics: Dust, Smart Bullets)
– JAMES NINNESS (Semantink: Dust, Mythoi, The Undergrounds)
– JOE PEZZULA (Semantink: Sim-I, The Undergrounds)
– MICHAEL FOUNTAIN (Semantink: Drace Grey, The Undergrounds)
– DANIEL TOUCHET (Semantink: Sim-I, The Undergrounds)
– MARCEL LOSADA (Semantink: The Undergrounds)
– JULIAN AGUILERA (Coat of Arms Comics: Blackbeard, Jurassic Strike Force)
– KI KIM (Crimelab Syndicate)
– AJ HERRERA (Forbidden Panel: ZKS)
– JUSTIN WHITE (Forbidden Panel: ZKS)
– DANIEL WHITFIELD (Forbidden Panel: The Plagued)
– CAMILLE ALARAS (Forbidden Panel: The Plagued)
– JR LOPEZ (Forbidden Panel: El Super Maximo)
– LOU GUEVARA (Forbidden Panel: Blackjack Slappers)
– APOSCAR CRUZ (W3RKSHOP) www.w3rkshop.com
– JIMMY PURCELL (Been Better Comic) www.beenbettercomic.com
– KIRK KUSHIN (Forcewerks: OZopolis)
– DAN MENDOZA (Toxiccandie) www.zombiegirl
– ZEN (HCMP) www.hiconmedia.com
– DANI DIXON (Tumbleweed Press: M.I.S.//ing)
– STEPHANIE LESNIAK (Scraps Pictures: Blazin Brandy)
– ROBERT ZAILO (Local Artist)
– ART LOPEZ (Arte Cabalturo: Mexican American Tribal Pop Art)
– GRIM KING (Local Artist: Fantasy and SciFi Art)
– AUBREY MIRANDA (Local Artist)
– GEO BRAWN (Brawn Graphix Designs: Everdance)
Charitable Event FANBOYS vs ZOMBIES Dunk Booth benefitting CBLDF Come fight back the zombie horde while donating to a worthy cause.. but wait you don’t throw softballs at zombies.. WE HAVE THE POWER OF THOR to conquer them! Blood Drive for Lifestream (All donors get EVERY free comic available) Main Event – Wrestling!!! Join 4 Color Fantasies and NWA Wrestling for the fun and chaos of professional wrestling!! Demos to be held all day Costume characters from:
– Star Wars 501st Legion “Vader’s Fist” – Cobra Nightwatch (GI Joe) – Inland Empire Fan Force Star Wars fan club – DC, Marvel Characters including Batman, Flash, Green Lantern
Community Partners – Rancho Cucamonga Library – Library cards and kids programs – Mobeck Farmers Insurance – M.I.L.K. Child Loss Prevention kits – Edwards Ontario 22 Palace – Raffle movie passes and posters Activities – FACE PAINTING – SUPERHERO BOUNCER – COLORING CONTEST – RAFFLES – FREE HOT DOGS – FREE NACHOS – FREE BALLONS – FREE FUN FOR ALL!!! – AND OF COURSE…. FREE COMICS!!!!!
4 Color Fantasies 7
172 Archibald Ave, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91701
Friday, October 14
DC: Talent Search
Join DCE’s Editorial Art Director, Mark Chiarello, for an informative orientation session that will explain how DCE’s Talent Search works and discuss the different needs of the DC Comics, Vertigo, and MAD Magazine brands. If you want to learn what DCE looks for in artists and how to improve your chances of becoming a working professional, then this is the panel for you! In order to have your work reviewed, attendance at this orientation session is mandatory. (Please note: Not all attendees are guaranteed a one-on-one review.) Room 1B01
DC ALL ACCESS: Batman
Find out everything you need to know about the Dark Knight Detective and his cohorts in the new DC universe—from Batwoman to Batgirl to Robin, the Boy Wonder! Explore the streets of Gotham City with all-star creators such as Lee Bermejo (Batman: Noel), Chris Burnham (Batman Inc.), Tony Daniel (Detective Comics), Greg Capullo (Batman), David Finch (Batman: The Dark Knight), Kyle Higgins (Nightwing), Amy Reeder (Batwoman), Scott Snyder (Batman), and Peter J. Tomasi (Batman and Robin)! Room 1A10
Join the writers and artists behind the acclaimed and award-winning brand for a panel about the weird, the wild and the always unexpected with all-star talent including Jason Aaron (Scalped), Brian Azzarello (Spaceman, 100 Bullets), Rebecca Guay (A Flight of Angels), Phil Jimenez (Fairest), Jeff Lemire (Sweet Tooth), Chris Roberson (iZOMBIE), Douglas Rushkoff (A.D.D.), Marzena Sowa (Marzi), Sylvain Savoia (Marzi) and Scott Snyder (American Vampire)! And introducing some new Vertigo blood! Room 1A22
DC ALL ACCESS: Green Lantern
In Brightest Day, in Blackest Night, the minds behind the Green Lantern franchise take flight—onto the stage to shed some light on the Emerald Warriors! Join the Corps with DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer and Green Lantern writer Geoff Johns, along with Tony Bedard (Green Lantern: New Guardians), Doug Mahnke (Green Lantern), Ivan Reis (Blackest Night), writer Peter Tomasi (Green Lantern Corps) and more! Room 1A10
Saturday, October 15
DC: Talent Search
Join DCE’s Editorial Art Director, Mark Chiarello, for an informative orientation session that will explain how DCE’s Talent Search works and discuss the different needs of the DC Comics, Vertigo and MAD Magazine brands. If you want to learn what DCE looks for in artists and how to improve your chances of becoming a working professional, then this is the panel for you! In order to have your work reviewed, attendance at this orientation session is mandatory. (Please note: Not all attendees are guaranteed a one-on-one review.) Room 1A15
VERTIGO: Scary S**T!
Join Vertigo’s monthly writers as they discuss vampires, zombies, the apocalypse and more, with top creators including Brian Azzarello (Spaceman), Jeff Lemire (Sweet Tooth), Chris Roberson (iZOMBIE) and Scott Snyder (American Vampire)! And introducing some new Vertigo blood! Room 1A22
DC ALL ACCESS: Justice League
Before they were the World’s Greatest Superheroes, they were considered the world’s most feared vigilantes. Join some of the creators of the new DC universe in a panel discussion headlined by the creative team behind the flagship title of DC COMICS – THE NEW 52 — DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns and DC Comics Co-Publisher Jim Lee. Including all-star creators such as Brian Azzarello (Wonder Woman), Brian Buccellato (The Flash), Cliff Chiang (Wonder Woman), Yildiray Cinar (The Fury of Firestorm), Tony Daniel (Detective Comics, The Savage Hawkman), Francis Manapul (The Flash), Joe Prado (Aquaman), Ivan Reis (Aquaman), Philip Tan (The Savage Hawkman), and Eric Wallace (Mr. Terrific). Room 1A10
DC ALL ACCESS: Superman
With the launch of DC COMICS – THE NEW 52, a new era for Superman begins! Find out what’s in the works for the Man of Tomorrow as we look at his upcoming exploits in ACTION COMICS, SUPERMAN and more! Don’t miss this panel featuring Mahmud Asrar (Supergirl), Shane Davis (Superman: Earth One) and others! Room 1A10
DC ALL ACCESS: The Edge/ The Dark
The DC universe is home to all kinds of heroes – including some who barely fit that name! Hear what’s coming up in the pages of titles like JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK, SWAMP THING, O.M.A.C., ALL-STAR WESTERN and more, with top talent including Ivan Brandon (Men of War), Paul Cornell (Stormwatch, Demon Knights), Josh Fialkov (I, Vampire), Keith Giffen (O.M.A.C.), Adam Glass (Suicide Squad), Viktor Kalvachev (Men of War), Andy Lanning (Resurrection Man), Jeff Lemire (Animal Man, Frankenstein Agent of S.H.A.D.E.), Justin Norman (All-Star Western), Jimmy Palmiotti (All-Star Western), and Scott Snyder (Swamp Thing)! Room 1A22
Sunday, October 16
12:15pm – 1:15pm
MAD is more than just the best-selling humor magazine in the nation – it’s also the inspiration for the hit animated series on Cartoon Network, now in its second season! Find out what’s happening with the Usual Gang of Idiots in this panel featuring MAD Magazine editor John Ficarra, art director Sam Viviano and TV producer Kevin Schinick! Room 1A24
DC ALL ACCESS: Meet the Publishers
As Co-Publishers of DC Entertainment, Jim Lee and Dan DiDio are the driving forces behind DC COMICS – THE NEW 52, DC’s digital initiative, and much more, as well as being the artist of JUSTICE LEAGUE and writer of O.M.A.C.! This up-close-and-personal panel gives you a chance to step up and ask questions! Room 1A06
DC ALL ACCESS: Young Justice
They may be young – but they’re still heroes! Find out what’s happening for THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES, TEEN TITANS and more as DC COMICS – THE NEW 52 unfolds in this panel featuring Franco Aureliani (Tiny Titans), Art Baltazar (Tiny Titans), Tony Bedard (Blue Beetle), Sterling Gates (Hawk and Dove), Jonathan Glapion (Static Shock), Paul Levitz (Legion of Super-Heroes), and Francis Portela (Legion of Super-Heroes)! Room 1A22
Philip Tan and Josh Fialkov sign at Collector’s Paradise on Wednesday, September 28th, 2011 from 5:00PM-8:00PM!
319 S. Arroyo Parkway #4, Pasadena, CA 91105
From the start, the show started off with a bang. Just like last year, the crowds of people showed up to see some of their favorite celebrities, and also to interact with comic book creators. Saturday’s crowds definitely rocked the show, and although the Sunday crowds definitely thinned out, it was a terrific con, just like last year. It seems Anaheim is a great spot for a comic convention, with a lot of people commenting this was their first show. Whether it was through word of mouth, or the 50% off ticket purchased through Yelp, the show was definitely a success. If Comic Con ever left SD, Anaheim might definitely be a place to call home. Now on to some pics!
Whilce Portacio, Mark Waid, Philip Tan, Dwayne McDuffie and many more sign on Free Comic Book Day (May 1st):
- MARK WAID – BOOM! Studios Editor. Creator of Irredeemable, Incorruptible. Writer of Kingdom Come, Superman: Birthright, The Flash, Spider-Man and Many others. Courtesy of BOOM! Studios (1pm-4pm)
- WHILCE PORTACIO – Co-Founder of Image Comics. Artist on Punisher, X-Factor, Hulk, Image United, X-Men (11am-3pm)
- PHILIP TAN – Artist on DC’s Outsiders, Green Lantern, Batman & Robin. Cover artist for Spawn, Uncanny X-Men (11am-2pm)
- THOMAS ZAHLER – Creator & Artist of LOVE & CAPES
- DWAYNE MCDUFFIE – Writer for TV & Comics including Static Shock, Justice League Unlimited, Justice League; Crisis on Two Worlds
- ADAM BEECHEN – Writer for TV & Comics including The Batman, Teen Titans Go!. Current project Batman Beyond 6 part mini series
- NORM RAPMUND – Artist for Booster Gold and various DC Comics
- DANNY MIKI – Comic inker extraordinaire!! Projects include Ultimate Comics Avengers, Incredible Hulk
- ALLEN MARTINEZ – New Avengers, Iron Man Legacies
- AMY WOLFRAM – Teen Titans Year One, Cartoon Network’s Ben-10
- TC CARSON – Voice of Kratos from God of War and Mace Windu in Star Wars Clone Wars
- JOHN NARCOMEY – High Tower Comics and Draw Hard Studios
- AJ HERRERA – Forbidden Panel and Zombie Kill Squad
- JUSTIN WHITE – Forbidden Panel and Zombie Kill Squad
- JULIAN AGUILERA – Marvel and Zenoscope Comics
- DANI DIXON – Tumble Creek Press “13” the Comic
- BRANDI AUSET – Author
501st Legion with Stormtroopers, Darth Vader, Droids, Boba Fett, Batman, Superman, Robin, Flash, Raven, KICK ASS, Scorpion and many others. Free EMAIL PICTURES.
Coloring Contest open for ages 3 and up!!!
Charity Raffle for Hero Initiative
Free FOOD for all
AND OF COURSE FREE COMICS!!!
Via The Source:
In addition to Ian Sattler and Group Editor Eddie Berganza, DC guests for the Emerald City ComiCon include: Brian Azzarello, Kurt Busiek, Sterling Gates, Patrick Gleason, Brandon Jerwa, Geoff Johns, Aaron Lopresti, Kevin Maguire, Doug Mahnke, Dustin Nguyen, Mike Norton, James Robinson, Greg Rucka, Philip Tan, Pete Tomasi, Eric Trautmann, Jen Van Meter, Len Wein, JH Williams III and Pete Woods.
GREEN LANTERN: THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT
SUPERMAN GOES TO WAR
Long Beach Comic Con had a one day show to celebrate the success of it’s inaugural show. For a one day show, and a smaller venue, I was very shocked by the amount of creators that came to the show. Mike Mignola, Phillip Tan, Tim Bradstreet, Dustin Nguyen, Stan Sakai, Joe Benitez, Todd Nauck, Ebas, and many more artists and writers came out for this surprising busy show. With strong retailer presence and the star power with many comics creators, this show was a huge success.
Comic Creators Heat up Phoenix Comicon
Jim Steranko, Tony Harris, Philip Tan, Dexter Vines and more attend
Phoenix, AZ – Jim Steranko, Tony Harris, Philip Tan and more creators heat up the guest list at Phoenix Comicon’s upcoming Memorial Day convention.
“Great artists like these illustrate just what makes Phoenix Comicon so special,” said Programming Director Joe Boudrie. “These creators have been on the ground floor of comic culture and it’s so exciting they’ll be here to talk to their fans and other comic enthusiasts.”
Legendary comic book artist Jim Steranko, most notable for his work on Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., leads the all-star lineup.
Steranko began his career working for Harvey Comics, before moving on to Marvel Comics under Editor Stan Lee. He was assigned to the 1960s super-spy comic Nick Fury, which was developed into a series after its debut in Marvel Comic’s Strange Tales.
“Nick Fury was a defining point of the Silver Age of comics,” said Convention Director Matt Solberg. “We’re thrilled to have a comic artist whose influence has reached even to today.”
Tony Harris, American comic book artist most famous for his work on Ex Machina, Starman, and Iron Man, will attend Phoenix Comicon. “Ex Machina won an Eisner for best new series in 2007,” said Boudrie. “That’s like winning an Oscar in the comic world.”
Additional creators include:
Philip Tan, best known artist for his work on Spawn, Uncanny X-Men and Iron Man. Artist of Final Crisis: Revelations as well as the “Agent Orange” Green Lantern story arc. Tan will be penciling the second three-issue arc of Grant Morrison’s Batman and Robin series.
Dexter Vines, well known for being one half of team “EDex” along with artist Ed McGuiness. He is one of the comic industries’ most respected inkers, having worked on a multitude of titles for both Marvel and DC. Some titles include Marvel’s big 2007 summer event Civil War, Superman/Batman, JLA Classified (all done with McGuiness), and Wolverine.
Jamal Igle, Exclusive Talent artist for DC Comics Currently working on Supergirl with Sterling Gates.
Todd Nauck, most notable for his work on Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, Young Justice and his own creation, Wildguard. Nauck was the artist of the much-publicized five-page back-up story that appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #538, which was published in January 2009, and featured a cameo appearance by then-President-elect Barack Obama.
Tony Parker, an award winning artist who is currently working on the critically acclaimed graphic novel “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep” (a direct adaptation of the classic Philip K Dick novel).
Eric Basaldua, better known as EBAS, whose early credits include Magdalena, Witchblade/Wolverine, and Tomb Raider.
More info can be found at Phoenix Comicon’s website, http://www.phoenixcomicon.com.
Phoenix Comicon is the signature pop culture event of the southwest, presenting guests and programming for hobbyists by attracting the top segments of the comics, anime, sci-fi, film, TV, and gaming industries. Entering its ninth year, Phoenix Comicon is expected to draw over 10,000 attendees to its May 27-30, 2010 convention held at the Phoenix Convention Center and Hyatt Regency, downtown Phoenix.