New Jersey Comic Expo (#NJCE) makes its debut this weekend on November 21st and 22nd with several special guests!
Best-selling and fan favorite superstar comic book artist Jim Lee will be making a rare appearance at NJCE on Sunday, November 22nd. Jim’s appearance at NJCE is his final U.S. convention appearance of the year! Attendees will have the chance to line up for a special TWO HOUR hour signing with a two-item limit! The signing will begin at 10AM and will be first come, first served.
Writer Garth Ennis, best known as the co-creator of the Vertigo comic Preacher with Steve Dillon, which is coming soon to AMC, and his fan beloved nine-year run on Marvel’s Punisher. So if you have a stack of the plethora of comics authored by Mr. Ennis, you may want to bring them to the 2015 NJCE, because this will be his ONLY appearance in the great state of New Jersey.
Superstar Comic Book artist John Cassaday will be making a rare appearance this weekend at the New Jersey Comic Expo! Appearing both Saturday & Sunday, John who most recently handled the art on the first six issues of Marvel’s flagship Star Wars book, will be signing books for fans and will also be available for meet & greet session via our VIP packages.
Angel and Person of Interest’s Amy Acker will be joining us on Saturday and Drea de Matteo (The Sopranos, Sons of Anarchy) and from Marvel’s Daredevil on NetFlix Peter Shinkoda and Tommy Walker will be there all weekend. In addition to signing autographs for fans (Additional fees apply) at their tables in our Celeb Signing Area we will also be offering the opportunity to have a professional photo with your favorite celeb taken by Epic Photo-Ops, the convention photo pros.
Other guests include: Mark Bagley, Frank J. Barbiere, Chris Batista, Ryan Bodenheim, Ivan Brandon, June Brigman, Jim Calafiore, Dennis Calero, Joe Caramagna, Paul Castiglia, Chris Claremont, Toby Cypress, Vito Delsante, Todd Dezago, Steve Ellis, The Fraim Bros, Bryan J.L. Glass, Justin Gray, Scott Hanna, Joe Harris, Edwin Huang, Jamal Igle, Jeff King, Joseph Michael Linsner, Shawn Martinbrough, Ben McCool, Mark Morales, Rags Morales, Rudy Nebres, Fabian Nicieza, Cary Nord, Carl Potts, Rodney Ramos, Tom Raney, Ivan Reis, Rod Reis, Dave Roman, Craig Rousseau, Fernando Ruiz, Buddy Scalera, Bob Schreck, Jeffery Shultz, Alex Simmons, Louise Simonson, Walter Simonson, Frank Tieri, Peter J. Tomasi, Ethan Van Sciver, Charles Paul Wilson III, and more! For the full guest list, tickets, and further details please check the website: www.newjerseycomicexpo.com
Join Stephen Colbert, host of CBS’ The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, for an evening of conversation and fun with director J.J. Abrams (Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Trek, Lost) on Saturday, November 21 at 8:00 PM. This event features the pair in a wide-ranging, onstage discussion of their influences, ideas and creative work. See which geek shall inherit the Earth!
Proceeds from this event benefit The Montclair Film Festival, New Jersey’s leading film non-profit.
Co-Presented with NJPAC
New Jersey Performing Arts Center
1 Center St, Lodi, New Jersey 07102
Screenwriter Jonathan Nolan, brother to the director Chris Nolan,appears at the Cocteau for a live discussion with George R. R. Martin. They will get comfy and talk of the many mysteries involved in The Prestige. Come to the 4:00 PM show on Sunday February 23rd and bring your own questions for Jonathan.
Jean Cocteau Cinema
418 Montezuma Ave Santa Fe NM 87501
AMY ACKER TAKES “ROOT” AS A SERIES REGULAR IN SEASON THREE OF PERSON OF INTEREST
EXEC. PRODUCERS NOLAN & PLAGEMAN RELEASE NEW SEASON INTEL AT COMIC-CON!
POI Fans May Find Their Face in Upcoming Episodes via a New Social Photo Opportunity Launching for Season 3
BURBANK, Calif. (July 20, 2013) — With the Machine gone missing and cybervillain Root on the loose at the end of season two, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to get decent intel on Person of Interest, which returns for a third season September 24 on a new day and time: Tuesdays at 10/9c on CBS. Fortunately, fans of the hit surveillance drama from Warner Bros. Television and J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions were given the inside track by executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman today at the show’s packed Comic-Con panel.
Details on the breaking news below:
ACKER TAKES ROOT
- The minds behind the Machine (Nolan & Plageman) announced that fan-favorite recurring guest star Amy Acker has been promoted to series regular for the upcoming third season, starring as Root, the Machiavellian cyber-hacker.
- First introduced in season one as a foil for Finch and last seen in a mental institution, the conflicted cyber-terrorist Root will stop at nothing to find the Machine and set it free.
- Acker previously appeared in J.J. Abrams’ Alias and Joss Whedon’s Angel, and she stars in Whedon’s acclaimed feature film Much Ado About Nothing.
WANT TO BECOME THE NEXT “PERSON OF INTEREST”?
Nolan and Plageman also hinted that fans should keep an eye on the Person of Interest Facebook page in the coming weeks. Here’s why:
- Warner Bros. Television and CBS are launching the Person of Interest Social Photo Opportunity, which will give the show’s fans on Facebook the ability to submit photos for a chance to become a “person of interest” at some point during season three.
- Currently in development and expected to launch prior to the debut of season three, the POI Social Photo Opportunity will allow fans to submit personal photos through Facebook, with the possibility of their image being included in the show during an upcoming episode.
- For more information on the chance to become a “person of interest,” fans should “Like” the Person of Interest Facebook page at www.facebook.com/
PersonOfInterestCBS and stay tuned for details — which will be released in the coming weeks — on when and how to submit images.
- When the POI Social Photo Opportunity Facebook app launches, fans will then be able to submit an image from their own Facebook account, add effects and then upload it to a database. POI producers will then select photos for use during upcoming episodes of the show, with new images appearing throughout the entire third season. Photos could appear at any time … in any place … in any episode.
The first two seasons of Person of Interest are available now for digital download (in standard and high definition) through all online retailers, includingiTunes and Amazon Instant Video. Additionally, the complete second season of Person of Interest will be available on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and DVD on September 3, 2013.
Comments Off on Person of Interest Gets Coveted Key Spot for SDCC 2013 Hotels
IT’S NOT PARANOIA IF THEY REALLY ARE WATCHING YOU…
THE MACHINE UNLOCKS YOUR DOOR AND ACCESSES YOUR ROOM AT COMIC-CON® 2013
Hit Drama Person Of Interest — from Warner Bros. Television, J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions and The Dark Knight’s Jonathan Nolan — to be Featured on Nearly 40,000 Limited-Edition Collectible Hotel Keycards
BURBANK, Calif. (July 2, 2013) — Proving that there is no place that the Machine cannot access — it is now infiltrating your hotel room. You are most definitely being watched.
For Comic-Con 2013, the hit Warner Bros. Television/CBS action-crime drama Person Of Interest will be featured on limited-edition collectible keycards — with two separate designs — at top hotels throughout the San Diego area during the convention. Nearly 40,000 branded room keys will be available to fans at nearly 30 participating hotels, courtesy of Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing.
- One keycard features Reese and Finch — series stars Jim Caviezel (left) and Michael Emerson — keeping a watchful eye.
- And one keycard could be seen as a response to those who may have suggested that Person Of Interest — which posits a world in which a highly sophisticated, all-seeing surveillance program could track the whereabouts of virtually anyone, anywhere, following our every move — was a bit of science fiction. In light of recent revelations in the news, including this Time article, pardon the producers if they say they told you so…
- This marks this sixth consecutive year that Warner Bros. has been the official Comic-Con hotel keycard sponsor — and the first time that a single show has been selected to make its presence known … virtually everywhere!
- Person Of Interest returns for its third hotly anticipated Comic-Con panel session on Saturday, July 20, with executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman joining members of the cast (attendees to be announced)
- Fans of the show can now catch up on the first two seasons on digital download (in standard and high definition) through all online retailers, including iTunes and Amazon Instant Video. Additionally, the complete second season of Person of Interest will be available on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and DVD on September 3, 2013.
- Person of Interest returns for a third season on September 24, airing on a new day and at a new time: Tuesdays at 10/9c on CBS
About Person of Interest
Winner of the 2012 People’s Choice Award for Favorite New TV Drama, Person of Interest stars Jim Caviezel (The Thin Red Line, The Prisoner) as John Reese, a former CIA agent who teams up with reclusive billionaire and computer genius Harold Finch, portrayed by Emmy® winner Michael Emerson (Lost). The crime thriller follows Reese and Finch as they set out to prevent violent crimes with high tech surveillance and their own brand of vigilante justice. Reese’s special training in covert operations appeals to Finch, a software genius who invented a program — aka the Machine — that can identify people soon to be involved in violent crimes. Tapping into ubiquitous surveillance feeds throughout the city, the two work outside of the law, combining Reese’s black ops skills with Finch’s technological prowess and unlimited wealth to unravel the mystery of the person of interest, and stop the crime before it happens.
Reese’s actions draw the attention of the NYPD, including by-the-book homicide Detective Joss Carter (Academy Award® nominee Taraji P. Henson – The Curious Case of Benjamin Button) and the morally compromised Detective Lionel Fusco (Kevin Chapman – Mystic River). With infinite crimes to investigate, Reese and Finch find that the right person, with the right information, at the right time, can change everything.
Person of Interest finished the 2012–13 season as TV’s third most-watched drama (behind only NCIS and NCIS: Los Angeles), averaging 16.196 million viewers per episode, a +12% increase above the show’s previous season (14.520 million). (Source: Nielsen Galaxy Explorer, Most Current, 9/24/12–5/22/13 vs. 9/19/11–5/23/12.)
Created by Jonathan Nolan (The Dark Knight trilogy), the series is executive produced by J.J. Abrams (Revolution, Fringe, Lost), Nolan, Greg Plageman (Cold Case) and Bryan Burk (Revolution, Fringe, Lost). Person of Interest is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc., in association with Bad Robot Productions and Warner Bros. Television.
Comments Off on WB TV Announces SDCC 2011 Schedule
29 DAYS, 23 HOURS, 15 MINUTES AND COUNTING…WARNER BROS. TELEVISION GROUP ANNOUNCES SCHEDULE FOR COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO
Stars and Producers of “The Big Bang Theory,” “Chuck,” “Fringe,” “Nikita,” “Supernatural,” “The Vampire Diaries,” “Alcatraz,” “Person of Interest,” “The Secret Circle,” “Childrens Hospital,” “Green Lantern: The Animated Series,” “The Looney Tunes Show,” “MAD,” “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated,” “ThunderCats” and “Young Justice” To Appear
Warner Bros. Entertainment’s Nearly 3,000-Square-Foot Booth to Host Signings, Special Events, Digitally Driven Fan Giveaways and More
BURBANK, Calif. (June 21, 2011, 10:45 AM PT: 29 days, 23 hours, 15 minutes until #WBSDCC) — The clock is ticking, and Comic-Con is right around the corner! By bringing 16 series to Comic-Con International: San Diego, Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) further strengthens its presence at the world’s leading pop culture convention — and will deliver a one-of-a-kind experience for fans in the process. The anticipation is building as a star-studded lineup of performers and producers from Warner Bros. Television and Warner Bros. Animation series prepare for a robust schedule of panel sessions, screenings, media appearances and autograph signings.
- For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter@TheWBdotcom, hashtag #WBSDCC, and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon
- For a complete social media contact list, including official Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for WBTVG series, talent and producers, download the social media contacts page here:www.thewb.com/comiccon/2011WBSDCCSocialMedia
PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change.
- “The Big Bang Theory”: Stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch join creators/executive producers Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady, and executive producer Steven Molaro
- “Chuck”: Stars Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Joshua Gomez, Ryan McPartlin, Mark Christopher Lawrence, Vik Sahay, Scott Krinsky with Sarah Lancaster and Adam Baldwin join co-creator/executive producer Chris Fedak for a panel to discuss the fan-favorite spy series’ final season
- “Fringe”: Stars Anna Torv, Lance Reddick, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole and John Noble join executive producers Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman
- “Nikita”: Stars Maggie Q, Shane West and Lyndsy Fonseca join executive producer Craig Silverstein
- “Supernatural”: Series stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles will topline the panel, held this year for the first time ever in Hall H. Additional cast members and executive producers to be announced.
- “The Vampire Diaries”: Stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Candice Accola and Joseph Morgan join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec
- “Childrens Hospital”: Star/executive producer Rob Corddry and executive producers Jonathan Stern join stars Malin Akerman, Lake Bell, Erinn Hayes, Rob Huebel and Megan Mullally
- “Alcatraz”: Stars Sarah Jones and Jorge Garcia join executive producer Elizabeth Sarnoff
- “Person of Interest”: Stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson and Taraji P. Henson join executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman
- “The Secret Circle”: Stars Britt Robertson, Thomas Dekker, Phoebe Tonkin and Natasha Henstridge join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson, Andrew Miller and Richard Hatem
WARNER BROS. ANIMATION
- “Green Lantern: The Animated Series”: Executive producer Bruce Timm will join producer Giancarlo Volpe and producer/story editor Jim Krieg for a panel moderated by executive producer/Warner Bros. Animation’s Sam Register
- “The Looney Tunes Show”: Supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone, story editor Hugh Davidson and writer Rachel Ramras
- “MAD”: “MAD” television show producers Kevin Shinick and Mark Marek, along with MADmagazine editor John Ficarra, art director Sam Viviano and “Spy vs. Spy” artist Peter Kuper
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: Supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone and producer Mitch Watson
- “ThunderCats”: Producers Michael Jelenic and Ethan Spaulding, and art director Dan Norton
- “Young Justice”: Producers Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman, and lead character designer Phil Bourassa
Download additional panel details, including the complete schedule with times and locations, here:www.thewb.com/comiccon/2011WBSDCCPanels
And it wouldn’t be Comic-Con without a visit to the Warner Bros. booth. The Studio will once again have a can’t-miss, nearly 3,000-square-foot destination on the convention floor, at space #4545. Anchored by the iconic Warner Bros. Water Tower, the booth is a must-visit location for autograph signings, multiple interactive kiosks for fans to play video games from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, and much, much more. Stay tuned to @TheWBdotcom on Twitter orwww.thewb.com/comiccon in the coming weeks for more details about activities at the booth.
SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK PILOT SCREENINGS
WEDNESDAY, JULY 20 • 6–9 PM • BALLROOM 20
WBTVG continues its Comic-Con tradition of hosting a special sneak peek premiere event on preview night. This year, the Studio is offering fans the opportunity to see some of the most anticipated new premieres of the year.
- “Alcatraz”: Executive producers J.J. Abrams and Elizabeth Sarnoff deliver a chilling new midseason drama for FOX revolving around America’s most infamous prison, the one-time home to the nation’s worst murderers, rapists, kidnappers, thieves and arsonists.
- “The Secret Circle”: The ordinary becomes extraordinary in this romantic drama about a coven of young witches, from “The Vampire Diaries” executive producer Kevin Williamson, based upon the book series by L.J. Smith (“The Vampire Diaries”).
- “Person of Interest”: From J.J. Abrams and “The Dark Knight” co-writer Jonathan Nolan comes an action-packed hour for CBS about an ex-CIA operative and a mysterious billionaire who team up to stop violent crimes before they happen in New York City.
- “Supernatural: The Anime Series”: The popular series “Supernatural” makes history this summer as the first-ever live-action show to be re-imagined in Japanese anime style. Renowned animation studio Madhouse — working with the full approval of series creator Eric Kripke — produced the anime series, which mirrors the story arc of “Supernatural’s” first two seasons, providing supplemental stories ranging from prequels and spin-offs to untold tales that fit within the “Supernatural” mythology.
THE TV SERIES SCHEDULE
FRIDAY, JULY 22
- “MAD”: 10:00–11:00 a.m., Room 25ABC
- “The Big Bang Theory”: 12:30–1:30 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Childrens Hospital”: 1:30–2:20 p.m., Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- “Green Lantern: The Animated Series”: 2:00–3:00 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “ThunderCats”: 3:30–4:30 p.m., Room 6A
SATURDAY, JULY 23
- “Chuck”: 10:00–10:45 a.m., Ballroom 20
- “The Vampire Diaries”: 3:30–4:15 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Fringe”: 4:15–5:00 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Alcatraz”: 5:00–6:00 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “The Secret Circle”: 5:10–6:00 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “Nikita”: 6:00–6:45 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “Person of Interest”: 6:45–7:30 p.m., Room 6BCF
SUNDAY, JULY 24
- “Young Justice”: 10:00–11:00 a.m., Room 7AB
- “Supernatural”: 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m., Hall H
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: 1:00–2:00 p.m., Room 6A
- “The Looney Tunes Show”: 2:15–3:15 p.m., Room 6A