Pop culture expo set to debut Easter Weekend in Hershey
The Expo is set to debut on Friday and Saturday, March 29 and 30, at the Granada Avenue Gymnasium, 30 E. Granada Avenue in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
The show will present the world of music, comics, movies, television, toys and more, with a showroom packed with over 100 exhibitor spaces.
Numerous vendors will be buying, selling and trading a variety of antique, vintage and popular culture collectibles, such as DVDs, posters, books, magazines, comics, trading cards, art, crafts, jewelry, apparel, toys, games, lunchboxes, advertising items, CDs, vinyl albums and singles, antique cash registers, jukeboxes, gumball machines, pinballs, and antique arcade games.
The event is being organized by USA Theatres, which operates a portable drive-in and outdoor movie theatre in Central Pennsylvania.
“All of the events that we organize exhibit the retro factor,” said Ronald M. Vastola, Outreach Coordinator for USA Theatres.
Special guests including Bronson Pinchot (best known as Balki Bartokomous on the ABC sitcom Perfect Strangers), Butch Patrick (best known as Eddie Munster on the 1960s hit television series The Munsters), and model Cassandra Lynn, will all be on hand signing autographs and meeting fans, in addition to several other special guests.
“Many actors and most movie stars — show audiences versions of themselves onscreen, which is cool if you can pull it off. Since I’ve been a character actor all my life, being merely myself seems like something of a giant leap, both to myself and the audience… And I love it,” Pinchot said.
Pinchot currently stars on The Bronson Pinchot Project, a home renovation show on the DIY Network. Each episode features Pinchot and his crew of local contractors renovating another room at one of his properties in Harford, Pennsylvania.
“There is also a fair amount of teaching I do on the show, but not in a forced way, more in a ‘spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down’ style… And since I’m doing it through my homeboy-carpenters, who are all rural Pennsylvania guys, it doesn’t seem preachy.”
Pinchot said he is looking forward to coming to Hershey and meeting fans.
“As always, I’ll happily do the Balki accent for anyone over 80, as long as I can whisper it to them,” he added.
Butch Patrick will also be on hand to meet and greet fans.
“The Munsters have a really good staying power, the family values hold up really well,” said Patrick. “Now you have kids watching it with their grandparents or parents, everybody enjoying it together, which is difficult because there is not a whole lot of shows that that happens to.”
Patrick said his experience on The Munsters was amazing. “It turned out to be an interesting show, it was very well received, it was fun, good music, good guest stars, cool cars, all of the above,” he added.
According to Patrick, he is currently working on a renovation show (much like The Bronson Pinchot Project), but with a twist. He said his grandmother’s house in Missouri is the showcase of his new project, where he is creating a haunted bed-and-breakfast.
“It is an old classic historical house, built in 1875, with the resident ghost,” Patrick said. “We are doing a restoration show/history show/bio show, ‘Hollywood boy comes back home,’ to a bed-and-breakfast.”
Other guests, who will be appearing at the expo, include Paris Themmen (best known as Mike Tee Vee in the classic film Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory), Matt Hardy (professional wrestler), Geri Reischl (best known as Jan Brady from Sid & Marty Krofft’s Brady Bunch Variety Hour), David Orange (best known as the Sleepy Klingon from the motion picture Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country), and Triston Johnson (Zombie Barn Walker from AMC’s hit series The Walking Dead).
A live performance by award-wining Elvis Presley Impersonator Brad Crum will also be on hand.
Crum will be taking audiences through many of Presley’s legendary hits with the genuine sound, look and feel of the man himself.
Crum will be performing three sets on Saturday between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
“I will be doing three costume changes and be featuring 60 songs that cover the entire range of Elvis’ career,” Crum said.
Crum’s impersonating is so compelling that he modeled for the Aloha Elvis figure released in 2008 by McFarlane Toys. The 6-inch figure features Crum’s body with Elvis’ face, he said.
According to USA Theatres, seating will be limited to one set per person and subject to availability on a first-come, first-served basis, space permitting.
Attendees will also have the opportunity for a chance to win a brand new classic-style full-size jukebox (List Price: $1,495.95), provided by RetroWonders.com, an authorized reseller of Crosley Radio products.
A real-Life 1966 Batmobile and Star Wars characters will also be featured, in addition to a pinball showcase and a mobile video game theater.
Early buyers are welcome Friday evening at 5 p.m. and also Saturday morning at 8 a.m. for $25 per person each day, while general admission on Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., is $7 for adults and $5 for seniors, college students and active military with photo I.D. Children 11 and under will be admitted for free, accompanied by a paying adult. Parking is free.
A variety of food and beverages will be available for purchase at the event.
For the most current show information, visit their website, www.usatheatres.com/conventions
TOYS ON THE HUDSON ARRIVES BLACK FRIDAY 11/23
Finally after a year and half in the making Jersey City New Jersey’s largest combined Toy and Comic show has arrived. Hosted at the beautiful Westin Newport Hotel, 479 Washington Blvd Jersey City NJ 07310 phone 201-626-2900, the entire second floor of 18,000 square feet, over 150 tables will be packed with Celebrities, Guests, Comic Artists, Appraisers, Film Makers, Authors , Toy Manufacturers and Sculptors, and dealers with thousands of current and vintage Toys, Comics, Movie Memorabilia, Sports and Non-Sports, DVD, Bond & Spy Stuff, Horror-SciFi and Monster Collectibles, Robots, T-Shirts, Prints, Posters, Lobby Cards, High Quality Photos, Hot Wheels, Star Trek, Star Wars, Action Figures, Vintage Disney, Transformers, Advertising, Gaming, Gumball, Marvel, X-Men, Sponge Bob, Mego, PEZ, GI Joe, Barbie, Baseball Cards, Records, Slot Cars, Die-Cast, Resin Masks, Swords, Movie Props, Vintage Paper, Wrestling, Japanese Toys, Anime, Collectibles and so much more ….
Events include hourly door prizes, free give-a-ways, guest panels, photo ops with the 1966 Batmobile, The 501st Legion and Mandalorian Mercs Star Wars Characters, Benjy Greenberg as The Joker, Riddler and The Penguin, Real Life Superhero Wedjat and Marissa Jade as she releases her newest comic, and Pizza Tossing 101 classes with the famous seven year old Pizza Boss-Michael Testa.
Saturday Evening get together with the celebrities & guests at Michael Anthony’s restaurant, on the waterfront, across the street with bar food buffet & soda included for $25.00 each.
Here are some of the Celebrities and guests who have promised to be there:
- David Harris & Apache Ramos from the Warriors.
- Geri Reischl from the Brady Bunch.
- Ian Petrella from “A Christmas Story”.
- Paris Themmen from Willy Wonka.
- Bruce Tango from the Ghost Hunters.
- Billy Garcia from Survivor and Forsaken.
- Steve Savino from TheToy Hunter.
- Andrew “The Reinforcer” Anderson.
- Michael “The Pizza Boss”.
- DeadDavesRadio—Lee Platt & Dave Miller.
- The “Asterplace” —Japanese Anime Rock Band
Toy Guests, Comic & Fantasy Artists, Film Makers and Authors:
- Captain Action Toys
- Erik Sheets & Steven Defendini Toy Sculptors.
- Comic and Fantasy Artists, Ken Bald, Craig Blake, Marcus Boas, Jim Kyle, Rusty Gilligan, Mindy Indy, Geekboypress, Super Sox Shop, PBS Media, Javier Cruz Winnik, Joe Orsak, Will Torres, William Olmo, Mina Sanwald, Ed Coutts, Sam Grinberg, Mas Mediastudios, Emilio Velez Jr and Stamayo Studio.
- Film Makers and Authors, CJ Henderson, Douglas Brode, Rik Meyers, Ted A. Bohus, Dave Baumuller, Horror Biz, and R. Allen Leider.
- Superheroes For Hospice will be selling thousands of Comics where the profits go directly to hospice care and Real Life Superhero Wedjat will be collecting non-perishable food items for the needy.
A portion of your door admission will go directly to Autism Speaks and there will be several opportunities for you to donate towards winning some high end show items where the proceeds will be divided amongst the ASPCA, The American Red Cross, and The NJ Relief Fund for Super Storm Sandy.
Show opens Friday Evening 11/23 at 5 PM with a special “Shop While The Dealer’S Set Up” night @ $15.00 This is an optional night for guests and celebrities so many may not be there. Show opens Saturday 11/24 and Sunday 11/25 with an early admission 9 to 10AM of $15.00 and regular admission 10 AM to 5 PM of $10.00 A full three day pass is available for $20.00 and $35.00 party included.
Check the web site at www.toysonthehudson.com. For more detailed information or call 973-726-9897 or email email@example.com.
LEE MAJORS, MARY MCDONNELL, ADAM WEST, “BRADY BUNCH BOYS” AMONG HEADLINERS AT WIZARD WORLD BIG APPLE COMIC CON, OCTOBER 1-2-3 AT MANHATTAN’S PENN PLAZA PAVILION
First Convention Appearance For Majors in 30 years, First for “Bradys” together on East Coast and First for West-Burt Ward in N.Y. in Two Decades; Claudia Christian, Julia Jones And 200+ Celebrity Guests, Leading Comics Artists, Creative Directors To Attend
NEW YORK, Wizard World Big Apple Comic Con, part of North America’s largest pop-culture tour, is set for Friday through Sunday, October 1-3, at the Penn Plaza Pavilion in Manhattan. The event, the largest and longest-running Comic Con in New York, will bring together thousands of fans of all ages and plenty of celebrities and industry professionals to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, comics, toys, video gaming, television, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more.
Celebrity guests include:
Lee Majors (Six Million Dollar Man, The Fall Guy)
Mary McDonnell (Battlestar Galactica)
Adam West, Burt Ward (Batman)
Walter Koenig (Star Trek)
Claudia Christian (Babylon 5)
Julia Jones (Twilight: Eclipse)
Jake Lloyd, Ahmed Best, Bonnie Piesse (Star Wars)
Doug Jones (Hellboy)
Erin Gray (Buck Rogers)
Herb Jefferson, Jr (Battlestar Galactica – original series)
Richard Anderson (Six Million Dollar Man)
Barry Williams, Christopher Knight and Mike Lookinland (Brady Bunch)
Dan Folger (Balls of Fury, Fanboys)
Larry Thomas (Seinfeld)
Diora Baird (30 Days of Night)
Scott Porter (Caprica)
Captain Zorikh (Sci-fi Science, Jedi Junkies)
Paris Themmen (Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory)
Ashley C. Williams, Ashlynn Yennie, and Akihiro Kitamura (Human Centipede)
Kevin Nash, Ted DiBiase, Shane Douglas, Joel Gertner, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, Virgil, Sean “X-Pac” Waltman, Mikey Whipwreck, “Simply the Best” G.A. West, Torrie Wilson, Tammy “Sunny” Sytch (pro wrestlers)
Alison Whitmore (Editor – IFC.com)
Knicks City Dancers
They will be among the stars on hand to meet fans, sign autographs and take professional photographs (Photo Ops) with fans.
This is Lee Majors’ first convention appearance in 30 years and the first time the ‘Brady Boys’ have been together on the East Coast,
It is also the first time in nearly 20 years that West and his “Batman” co-star Burt Ward will have appeared together in New York.
Other popular Big Apple Comic Con celebrity guests include Claudia Christian (“Look,” “Babylon 5″), Julia Jones (THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, JONAH HEX), Jake Lloyd (STAR WARS: EPISODE I, “The Pretender”), Doug Jones (FANTASTIC FOUR, HELLBOY), Walter Koenig (“Star Trek,” “Babylon 5″) and other well-known personalities.
Fans can also meet their favorite comic artists, writers, and editors, including Carmine Infantino (Co-Creator of The Flash; Deadman; Batgirl; Human Target; Black Canary and the top Batman artist of the 60s!), Mike Grell (Green Arrow), Herb Trimpe (Hulk; Iron Man), Jerry Robinson (Batman, creator of Robin and Joker), Mark Millar (“Kick-Ass, Wanted), Dick Ayers (Sgt. Fury, The Incredible Hulk), Rich Buckler (Fantastic Four, All-Star Squadron), Irwin Hasen (Green Lantern, Dondi), Paul Levitz (Legion of Super Heroes, former DC president), Bob Wiacek (X-Men, The Brave and the Bold), Joe Madureira (Darksiders, Uncanny X-Men, Battle Chasers), Ethan Van Sciver (Green Lantern, Superman/Batman), Greg Horn (Blackest Night, Elektra, Ms. Marvel), Alex Maleev (Batman, Daredevil), Michael Golden (Wolverine: First Class, New Exiles), Mark Texeira (Moon Knight, Ghost Rider), Trevor Von Eeden (Black Lightning, Batman), J.G. Jones (Final Crisis, Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia), Leinil Yu (Wolverine; X-Men; Ultimate Comics: Avengers 2; Uncanny X-Men), Billy Tucci (Shi, Sgt. Rock), Mark Texeira (Moon Knight, Ghost Rider), Arthur Suydam (Marvel Zombies, Batman), Steve Manion (Fearless Dawn), Louis Small, Jr (Vampirella), Rob Liefeld (Deadpool, Youngblood), Jim Shooter (former editor-in-chief, Marvel, Valiant), Bill Jemas (former Marvel Comics publisher), J. David Spurlock (Author, artist, and editor), and many other national and local creators.
Children and adult attendees are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite villain, superhero or pop culture personality for the chance to win special prizes in costume contests. Event-goers may also try their hand interactive product exhibits and shop for collectible comics, movie and television memorabilia, toys and games at more than 200 dealer booths.
Special events at Big Apple Comic Con include the “Magic: The Gathering” card game tournament, professional photo opportunities (Photo Ops) with celebrities and others to be announced.
The Penn Plaza Pavilion is located at 401 Seventh Avenue at 33rd St., in the historic Hotel Pennsylvania. Big Apple Comic Con is the fifth stop on Wizard’s eight-city 2010 North American tour. Hours are Friday, Oct. 1, 5-9 p.m.; Saturday, Oct. 2, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.; and Sunday, Oct. 3, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. (all times Eastern). Tickets are available in advance or by calling 1-866-882-5860 and online at www.wizardworld.com/bigapple.html at up to a 15% savings over tickets purchased at the door. Advance adult single-day tickets are $25; three-day weekend tickets are $45, and tickets are free for children age 10 and under when accompanied by a paid adult (limit two children per adult). VIP packages with special entry and exclusive items are also available.
For the most recent event information please visit http://www.bigapplecon.com become a Big Apple Comic Con Fan on Facebook.
FLORIDA SUPERCON 2010
FSC is 18 days away! Over 30 New Comic Book, Cosplay, Music, Wrestling and Media Guests announced for June 18-20, 2010 show
Plus: FSC’s very first variant comic books announced!
Miami, FL – Florida Supercon continues to grow! Florida’s most exciting and fun genre convention continues to add more guests and events for the 5th annual Florida Supercon, set to occur June 18-20, 2010 in Miami, FL. Over thirty new guests have been added from the worlds of Comic Books, Cosplay, Music, Horror, Video Games and Wrestling with more still to be announced as we get closer to the show!
Florida Supercon (FSC) is South Florida’s Comic Book, Anime, Animation, Video Game and Sci-Fi / Fantasy Festival, a three day festival that includes celebrity guests, comic book publishers, artists, writers, vendors, Q&A’s, parties, costume contests, anime programming, cosplay, panels, photo shoots, live music, video games and more. The event kicks off at 12:00PM, Friday, June 18 and the fun continues almost around the clock until 6:00PM, Sunday, June 20. FSC returns to Miami for its 5th year as it takes over almost 150,0000 square feet at the Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel and Convention Center to become the largest genre convention in the history of South Florida! Over 200 guests will be in attendance at the event.
New comic book industry guests include:
· Jose Delbo: Argentinian born artist Jose Delbo has a career that has spanned 50 years, starting in the Silver Age of the early 1960′s until today. Fans will best know Delbo as the main artist on Wonder Woman from 1976 to 1981 and The Transformers (Marvel Comics) from issue 36-67 (1987-1990).
· Clay Mann: Comic Book artist of X-Men Legacy, Dark Reign: Elektra, Daredevil, Ultimate X-Men, Thor: Man of War, Heroes For Hire, Marvel Knights 4, Four, The Immortal Iron Fist, Marvel Adventures: Fantastic Four, X-Men Unlimited and more!
· Tommy Castillo: Comic Book artist of Batman: Gotham Knights, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Detective Comics, Dungeons & Dragons, Evil Ernie in Santa Fe, Fear the Dead: A Zombie Survivor’s Journal, Green Arrow, Grimm Fairy Tales, Hari Kari, Se7en, Toe Tags Featuring George A. Romero, G.I. Joe, Vampirella and more!
· Chris Brunner: Comic Book artist of Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Dark Horse Presents, Hellblazer, Resident Evil, Star Wars Tales, Ghost Handbook, The Ride, The Ride: Foreign Parts, The Ride: Savannah, X-Omnibus, Robin, Hellhounds, Wolverine / Punisher, Gotham Central, Savage Dragon and more!
· Steve Borock: Industry Guest. Steve is the Consignment Director for Heritage Auctions. He is the former (and first) President, Primary Grader and Restoration Detection Expert at CGC (Comics Guaranty Corporation) from 1999 – 2008. Steve was a key figure in introducing third-party certification to the comic book hobby and helping to change the hobby forever.
· Koi Turnbull: Comic Book artist of Fathom, Wolverine, Aspen Seasons, Batgirl, Batman and the Outsiders, Batman: Gotham Knights, Black Panther, Detective Comics, Fathom: Cannon Hawke, The Flash, Green Lantern, Heroes, New Warriors, Nova, Outsiders: Five of a Kind, Superman Confidential, What If…?, Worlds of Aspen & more!
· Louis Small jr.: Artist of Vampirella, Vampirella Strikes!, Vampirella / Lady Death, Vampirella / Shi, Adventure Comics 80-Page Giant, Batman, The Chaos Effect, The Darkness, Codename: Knockout, JLA Secret Files, Ka-Zar, Kabuki Gallery, Witchblade, Solar: Man of the Atom, Lady Death, Chaos! Quarterly & more!
· Stephan Nilson: Comic Book writer of Monsterpocalypse, Justice League Unlimited, Atomik Mike, Batman Strikes! and Danny Husk. Stephan’s Television and TV related digital material includes Smallville (seasons 6&7) Justice and Doom and Visions, Ghost Whisperer and Red Dwarf.
· Daxiong: Hailing from China, Daxiong founded QiCartoon Studios in 1999, where he produced over 100 publications. He is currently one of the most successful artists in Chinese and European comics. Now living in the U.S., his American credits include: Star Wars Adventures, Top 10 Season Two & Justice League of America 80 Page Giant.
· Don Hillsman II: Comic Book Artist. Pencil credits include: Street Fighter, By Any Means Necessary: The Life & Times of Malcolm X, Daemonstorm, Devil Dinosaur Spring Fling, JLA Secret Files & Origins, Marvel Comics Presents, Southern Knights, Ultraverse Unlimited & Xavier Institute Alumni Yearbook. Inking credits: X-Men, Iron Man, Gambit, Damage, Scion, Sigil & more!
New Media Guests include:
· Andy Sipes has been seen/heard/felt in some of your favorite things: Code Monkeys (art director and character designer, voice of Mr. Larrity, Dean and more), Archer, Last Call with Carson Daly, Adult Swim’s Saul of the Mole Men and Minoriteam, Comedy Central’s Crank Yankers, MTV’s The Andy Milonakis Show and DJ and The Fro plus many more.
· Dawn Wells: Best known as Mary Ann in the Gilligan’s Island TV series, multiple reunion specials and the Gilligan’s Planet animated series
· Cindy Morgan is best known for her role as Lora / Yori in Tron and as Lacey Underall in Caddyshack. She recently was the voice of Ma3a in the Tron 2.0 video game and has been a part of the viral marketing for the new Tron Legacy film in the role of Lora Bradley once again.
· Larry Thomas is best known for his role on Sienfeld as the tyrannical Soup Nazi. Larry’s other credits include: Austin Powers, A Fist Full of Quarters, Spaced Out, Postal and The Warehouse Job and much more!
· Alex Vincent is best known for his role as Andy Barclay in the Child Play series of films, including: Childs Play and Child’s Play 2.
· Joseph Culp is an accomplished actor who can most recently be seen on the AMC hit series Mad Men as Archie Whitman (Don Draper’s father). To the comic book world, he is probably best known as Dr. Doom in the original 1994 Fantastic Four movie. His many TV roles include appearances on House, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, The Greatest American Hero (with his dad Robert Culp) and ER.
· Sally Kellerman is best known for her role as Major Margaret “Hot Lips” Houlihan in the film MASH (1970), for which she was nominated for an Oscar for Best Actress in a Supporting Role. Sally has dozens of credits including starring roles in the classic Star Trek 2nd pilot episode Where No Man Has Gone Before, as Rodney Dangerfield’s teacher / love interest in Back To School, The Boston Strangler, Brewster McCloud, The Last of the Red Hot Lovers, Lost Horizon, Centennial, Foxes, Moving Violations, Meatballs III: Summer Job, That’s Life!, Boris and Natasha, PrÃªt-Ã -Porter, American Virgin and many more!
· Scott Tepperman is the newest investigator on Ghost Hunters International. He has been traveling abroad investigating with the Ghost Hunters and his first episodes will air starting this summer’s season premiere.
· Geretta Geretta: She played Rosemary in Lamberto Bava’s 1985 film Demons (DÃ¨moni), where she was transformed into a demonic creature who tries to a slaughter Berlin theater audience. Her career as an actress has included roles in Susan Siedelman’s Smithereens, Lucio Fulci’s Murder Rock & Bruno Mattei’s Rats: Night Of Terror.
· Daphnee Duplaix. Actress and Model, Daphnee starred as Valerie Davis on the TV series Passions and currently stars on One Life to Live as Rachel Gannon. She was a 2010 NAACP Image Award Nominee for “Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series”. Her other notable roles include appearances on Angel, The District, Dharma & Greg, Felicity, CSI, CSI: NY, The Fighting Temptations, Demon Island, The Invisible Man, Just Shoot Me! and more! She was the July 1997 Playboy Playmate of the Month.
· Lou Pizarro is Director, Producer and Star of Tru TV’s Operation Repo.
· Paris Themmen is best known for his role as Mike Teevee in the 1971 film Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, when he was 11 years old. He was also a voice actor for Macross Plus (1994) and appeared on Star Trek: Voyager (Season 6, Episode 13: “Virtuoso”) in 2000 and The Ed Sullivan Show in the early 70′s.
New Cosplay and Entertainment Guests include:
· Steampunk Cosplay Guests. Founded in 2004 Outland Armour specializes in metal, leather, wood working, film making, special effects, acting, sculpture, custom prop creation, custom sewing & all aspects of costume design. They are constantly expanding to better realize your imagination. The crew has worked to create and constantly improve their original steampunk characters; The sky pirates of H.M.S. Amaranth. The crew will be hosting a variety of panels all weekend long.
· The Console Alliance was started by gamers for gamers out of love for video games. The Console Alliance is known for making video game parodies, independent movies, documentaries, shorts and more. Despite the film’s, The Console Alliance’s main goal is to correct today’s wrongful accusation of what a “Gamer” is and to correct the majorities conclusion that video games “Cause Violence” and “Desensitize children and younger players minds.”
New Wrestling Guests include:
· The Original Gangsta, New Jack is coming. New Jack is best known for his run in ECW in the 90′s into 2000′s, where he was a 3 time tag team champion (twice with Mustafa as The Gangstas and once with Kronus as The Gangstanators). He started out in USWA (Tag Team Champion), North Georgia Wrestling (Heavyweight Champion and Tag Team Champion) and Smokey Mountain (Tag Team Champion) before ECW. Since ECW, New Jack has wrestled for XPW, TNA Wrestling, CZW and Wrestling Society X.
· Lizzy Valentine. As a wrestler, Lizzy has been featured in TNA Wrestling, Xtreme Pro Wrestling, Wrestlicious, XPW, Kapow! & Jersey All Pro Wrestling
In addition to the guests listed above, eight new bands have been added to the live music line up, including: Modify The Moment, Bell Tower Falls, Viva Le Vox, Enrique’s Revenge, The Strikeouts, Protagonist, Sir Veza and Rumor Has It.
Plus: FSC is thrilled to announce the first ever variant comics produced only for Florida Supercon. There will be 2 awesome limited edition Lady Death variant comics printed just for Florida Supercon!
· The first variant is a special Lady Death: Dragon Wars #1 FSC Sketch Cover Variant Edition limited to 200 copies. Everyone loves sketch covers! Get your Lady Death sketch variant and have your favorite artist at the show do a sketch to make your variant a one of a kind collectible! Lady Death: Dragon Wars #1 is written by Brian Pulido and features art by Ivan Reis. This variant will only be available at the Florida Supercon booth at the show.
· The second Lady Death variant at FSC is Lady Death: The Rapture #1 “The End Edition”. Limited to just 77 copies! Each copy will be signed and numbered by Brian Pulido (Writer / Creator). Variant cover by Louis Small jr. This limited edition will be available at Brian Pulido’s booth at FSC.
More information for each of these guests may be found at the FSC website www.supercon.tv. These new guests join a line up of over 150 guests already announced for the show, and that number continues to grow every week. Some of the guests already lined up for FSC 2010 include:
Comic Book artists and writers such as Ariel Olivetti, Bill Sienkiewicz, Khoi Pham, Rafa Sandoval, Allen Bellman, Greg Horn, Brad Walker, Paul Gulacy, Fred Van Lente, Filip Sablik, Georges Jeanty, Dustin Weaver, Steve Kurth, Shawn Crystal, Joe Jusko, Clayton Henry, Brian Pulido, Bo Hampton, Alex Saviuk, Pat Broderick, Rob Hunter, Greg “Dark One” Williams, Vinnie Tartamella, Dick Kulpa, Jay Leisten, Luis Diaz and more!
Anime and Animation voice actors like Troy Baker (Naruto, Code Geass), Richard Horvitz (Invader Zim), Larry Kenney (Thundercats), Brittney Karbowski (Xenosaga, Pani Poni Dash), Dana Snyder (Aqua Teen), Charles Fleischer (Roger Rabbit), Brad Kesten (Charlie Brown), Angela Lee-Sloan (Lucy in Peanuts), Stacy H. Tolkin (Sally in Peanuts) and more!
Legendary Filmmakers Lloyd Kaufman and Hershell Gordon Lewis.
Movie and TV Celebrities such as Richard “Shaft” Roundtree, Fred “The Hammer” Willaimson (From Dusk Til’ Dawn), Tia Carrere (Wayne’s World, Relic Hunter), Robb Demarest (Ghost Hunters International), Brandy Green (Ghost Hunters International), Luciana Carro (Battlestar Galactica), John Wesley Shipp (The Flash), Charles Fleischer (Back to the Future II), Julie McCullough (Growing Pains, The Blob), Rebecca Staab (Fantastic Four), Anthony Forrest (Star Wars), Michelle Lintel (The Black Scorpion) and more!
Wrestling Guests such as The Iron Sheik (WWF), Greg “The Hammer” Valentine (WWF), Daffney (WCW, TNA), Stacy “The Kat” Carter (WWE, WWF), Sinn “Kizarny” Bodhi (WWE), Terri Runnels (WWE), Traci Brooks (TNA) and SoCal Val (TNA).
Musical Guests like Less Than Jake, Addax, Feeding Fingers, The Joyness, S.S. Hanami, Robbed By A Flute, Sci-Fried, The Pursuit and more!
Cosplay and Entertainment Guests such as Yaya Han, Miracole Burns, The 3000 Brigade (Smash Bros. Show), Supercon Championship Wrestling, Wasabi Anime and more!
Stand Up Comedy Guests like Lisa Corrao, The Revenge of the Nerds Comedy Show, Julie McCullough and more!
Additional guests can be found at on the Florida Supercon website at www.supercon.tv
This years FSC will have dedicated programming tracks for each of the genre’s being celebrated. Some of the amazing events include:
· Q&A’s with most of our attending guests
· Comic art portfolio reviews for aspiring artists
· Fan panels for all aspects of the show (Comics, Anime, Animation, Sci-Fi etc.)
· Industry panels for breaking into Comics, Anime, Animation etc…
· The FSC Costume Competition (with over $3,000 in cash and prizes)
· The FSC Cosplay Skit Contest
· Rumble Roses Cosplay Wrestling
· The Otaku Insomnia Rave
· Cosplay Deviant’s Hentai Cafe
· Cosplay RockBand
· Supercon Championship Wrestling’s “Supercon Mania!”
· The Smash Brothers 3000 Super Show
· Filmmaking workshops with Hershell Gordon Lewis
· The FSC Film Festival
· Live Musical Performances
· Live stand up comedy
· Over 100 video game stations
· Video game tournaments
· A 50,000 square feet exhibition room with over 400 booths and tables featuring vendors, celebrity guests, artists, filmmakers and exhibits.
Complete information on these and dozens of more events taking place all weekend can be found at www.supercon.tv
The convention hours of operation are:
FRIDAY, JUNE 18: 12:00PM – 2:00AM
SATURDAY, JUNE 19: 11:00AM – 2:00AM
SUNDAY, JUNE 20: 11:00AM – 6:00PM
FSC is located at The Double Tree Miami Airport Hotel and Convention Center,
711 NW 72nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126. Discounted room rates for convention are available. See our website www.supercon.tv for details.