Author Neil Gaiman appears for a reading and signing on Monday July 8, 2013 at 6:00 PM!
From one of the world’s most beloved storytellers, New York Times bestselling author Neil Gaiman, comes his first adult novel in eight years, The Ocean at the End of the Lane. Join us for a reading and signing at Jefferson High School in Bloomington.
Wristbands are required for entry to this event and will be available beginning at 9:00 am on June 18 at Barnes & Noble Galleria (3225 W 69th, Edina, MN 55435) only. Wristbands are free with the purchase of The Ocean at the End of the Lane. A limited number will be available.
About this Author
Novelist Neil Gaiman has sent a British businessman tumbling into a fantastic underworld and had a devil and angel comically conspiring to thwart the Apocalypse. He found his biggest success, though, in Death, Dreams and Destruction — and the four other similarly named siblings who controlled the reins of the human race’s emotional impulses in his graphic-novel series The Sandman, a wholesale rejuvenation of graphic fiction that had everyone from Tori Amos to Norman Mailer spinning with, yes, Delirium.
Jefferson High School Auditorium
4001 West 102nd Street, Bloomington, MN 55437
Author Neil Gaiman speaks with Geoff Boucher about his latest novel The Ocean at the End of the Lane at the Alex Theatre on Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 8:00pm!
The Alex Theatre
216 North Brand Boulevard, Glendale, CA 91203
Neil Gaiman presents The Ocean at the End of the Lane at BAM’s Howard Gilman Opera House on Tuesday, June 18, 7:00 PM
Part of Unbound at BAM: A Literary Series with Greenlight Bookstore
From one of the world’s most beloved storytellers––#1 New York Times bestselling author Neil Gaiman (The Sandman, Stardust, Coraline) –– comes his first adult novel in eight years. Wondrous and imaginative, and at times deeply scary, The Ocean at the End of the Lane captures the very essence of childhood fear and uncertainty. In a clash of memory and reality, it is a pitched fever dream of a novel, and could very well be Gaiman’s most accomplished work to date.
LOCATION: Peter Jay Sharp Building
BAM Howard Gilman Opera House
30 Lafayette Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11217
RUN TIME: 1 hour (followed by book signing)
TICKETS: $45 and $55, available through the BAM box office or online through BAM.org.
Each event ticket includes a copy of The Ocean at the End of the Lane; books will be distributed in the Opera House lobby preceding the event.
SIGNING: Neil Gaiman will sign books for all ticket holders following the event. He will sign and personalize any number of copies of The Ocean at the End of the Lane, and no more than two other titles. Gaiman’s books will be offered for sale by Greenlight at BAM in the Opera House lobby before and after the reading.
QUESTIONS: please email email@example.com
Neil Gaiman appears at the GW Lisner Auditorium on Friday June 21 2013 at 7:00 pm!
From one of the world’s most beloved storytellers––#1 New York Times bestselling author Neil Gaiman––comes his first adult novel in eight years. Wondrous and imaginative, and at times deeply scary, The Ocean at the End of the Lane (Wm. Morrow, $25.99) captures the very essence of childhood fear and uncertainty. In a clash of memory and reality, it is a pitched fever dream of a novel, and could very well be Gaiman’s most accomplished work to date.
1 Book and 1 Ticket $40/$32 members
1 Book and 2 Tickets $60/$48 members
Tickets will go on-sale for Politics & Prose Members Monday, April 22. A member discount code will be e-mailed to members the morning of April 22.
If you are not yet a member, it’s a great time to sign upand take advantage of our discount opportunities and early notification on events like this one.
Public sales will begin Thursday, April 25.
- Seating at GW Lisner Auditorium is general admission; first-come, first-served. Doors open at 6 p.m. on June 21.
- Will-call and book pick up will happen at Lisner at 6 p.m. on June 21. Books and tickets will NOT be available for pick up at Politics & Prose.
- Questions about the event can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Event guidelines may be subject to change.
- Neil Gaiman will sign all copies of The Ocean at the End of the Lane purchased from Politics & Prose.
- Due to time constraints, Neil will sign up to TWO additional titles per person, personalized with first names only.
- Neil will not pose for photos.
- Flash photography and video are not permitted before, during, or after the discussion and signing.
- Questions about the event can be directed to email@example.com.
- Signing guidelines may be subject to change.
CAN’T ATTEND THE EVENT?
- If you’d like a signed book for this or any author event, click “add to cart” below. Let us know in the “order comments” field to whom you’d like your book(s) personalized.
- Signed books require pre-payment.
- We ship anywhere in the United States and to most international locations (shipping charges apply).
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
NEIL GAIMAN has been honored with many awards internationally, including the Newbery and Carnegie Medals. His books and stories have also been honored with four Hugos, two Nebulas, a World Fantasy Award, four Bram Stoker Awards, six Locus Awards, two British SF Awards, a British Fantasy Award, nine Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards, three Geffens, an International Horror Guild Award and two Mythopoeic Awards. He is credited with being one of the creators of modern comics for his work on the Sandman series and listed in the Dictionary of Literary Biography as one of the top ten living post-modern writers. In 2001, he was one of the first writers to establish a blog (journal.neilgaiman.com), which now has over a million regular readers. Gaiman also has over 1.8 million Twitter followers (@neilhimself) and won the Twitter category in the inaugural Author Blog Awards. He wrote the screenplay for the BBC TV series Neverwhere and co-wrote the script to Robert Zemeckis’s Beowulf. His books Stardust and Coraline have been adapted into major theatrical releases. His Newbery Award-winning The Graveyard Book is currently in production.
Neil Gaiman appears at the Temple Judea on Sunday June 23, 2013 at 2:00 pm!
Tickets are available through Books & Books. RSVP on Facebook!
Meet one of the world’s most beloved storytellers Neil Gaiman reading and signing The Ocean at the End of the Lane (William Morrow, $25.99)
Tickets and Signing Guidelines: Vouchers are required for this event and may be purchased at Books & Books in Coral Gables, Miami Beach or Bal Harbour Shops. Purchase a copy of The Ocean at the End of the Lane ($25.99 + tax) and you will receive one voucher. This voucher entitles you to receive (1) one copy of The Ocean at the End of the Lane and also serves as your entry for (1) person to Neil Gaiman’s talk and book signing at Temple Judea. Click to purchase your voucher online. Be sure to PAY ONLINE NOW and then choose the store pick-up option to pick your ticket up at Will Call. We do not ship vouchers.
The Ocean at the End of the Lane will be published on June 1 and you may claim your copy of the book any time after publication at a Books & Books location, or at the event on June 23. Your voucher will be stamped to reflect whether or not you have claimed your book. You must show your voucher and attached receipt to claim entrance to the event, so please remember to bring it with you that day. Books & Books is NOT responsible for lost or stolen vouchers.
There will be a book signing to follow Neil’s talk and Q&A with the audience.
- Neil will sign as many copies of The Ocean at the End of the Lane as a person purchases.
- Neil will sign up to (2) two other Neil Gaiman titles.
· Neil will personalize books (name only), but he cannot accommodate specific salutations and/or dedications – it slows down the line and isn’t fair for all those who are still waiting.
· If you cannot make it to the event in person, but would like to order a book, we will do our best to personalize your pre-order, but cannot guarantee the book will be signed, since it will all depend on the time.
· Photos may be taken in passing, but not posed. No flash photography; no posed photos; and no personal video.
- Neil will only sign books. Please leave memorabilia at home.
From one of the world’s most beloved storytellers––#1 New York Times bestselling author Neil Gaiman––comes his first adult novel in eight years. Wondrous and imaginative, and at times deeply scary, THE OCEAN AT THE END OF THE LANE captures the very essence of childhood fear and uncertainty. In a clash of memory and reality, it is a pitched fever dream of a novel, and could very well be Gaiman’s most accomplished work to date.
5500 Granada Boulevard, Coral Gables, FL 33146