Comments Off on DC Entertainment Celebrates Superman’s 75th Anniversary and More at SDCC 2013
DC ENTERTAINMENT UNLEASHES IMPRESSIVE SLATE OF STELLAR EVENTS AT COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO 2013
Superman 75th Anniversary Celebration of World’s Greatest Super Hero Continues
Neil Gaiman Awakens THE SANDMAN For All-New Series
Journey To The Dark Side As Villains Take Over DC COMICS – THE NEW 52
DC Entertainment, home to the World’s Greatest Super Heroes and the most talented writers and artists in the business, announced today it will storm Comic-Con International: San Diego 2013 with an impressive line-up of events, announcements and giveaways that promise to amaze fans and continue to cement its position as a leader in the comic book industry.
The largest English-language publisher and the leader in digital comics innovation, DC Entertainment will conquer Comic-Con with a selection of can’t-miss events. Fans can look forward to an unprecedented celebration of the greatest and most iconic hero in history, Superman – including a look at the best-selling new series SUPERMAN UNCHAINED and the return of Neil Gaiman’s acclaimed Vertigo series with THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE, featuring the breathtaking artwork of J.H. Williams III. But the San Diego fireworks don’t end there, as DC Entertainment will be giving fans a sneak peek at the dark future within DC COMICS – THE NEW 52 and unveiling the JUSTICE LEAGUE KIA car featuring custom artwork from DC Entertainment Co-Publisher Jim Lee to benefit the WE CAN BE HEROES giving campaign, and more.
DC Entertainment’s interactive 4,500 square foot booth (#1915) will take flight this year with a staggering collection of Superman costumes highlighting the Super Hero’s various eras and donned by actors including Henry Cavill, Christopher Reeve, Dean Cain and Tom Welling. The costume gallery anchors a booth that also boasts video game demos, creator signings, a special fan green-screen photo area, giveaways and exclusive video footage.
Plus, with a schedule packed with over 15 panels, DC Entertainment is set to deliver to fans a stellar collection of appearances, announcements and events.
- All hail the world’s first Super Hero as Superman celebrates 75 years! DC Entertainment will join its partners across Warner Bros. Entertainment to salute the most revered and influential comic book character of all time with a slew of must-see events in celebration of both the Man of Steel’s history – including a special Superman 75 panel featuring an all-star roster of guests, including Jack Larson (the original Jimmy Olsen from Adventures of Superman), first-time Comic-Con panelist Tim Daly (Superman: The Animated Series) and reigning animated Supergirl Molly Quinn (Castle) to comics luminaries Paul Levitz, Grant Morrison and Dan Jurgens plus talent from the current blockbuster, “Man of Steel,” and a first look at the animated short chronicling the character’s rich history, produced by “Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder – plus more information on the powerhouse comic book series SUPERMAN UNCHAINED from acclaimed artist Jim Lee and writer Scott Snyder.
- Be there as the legendary Neil Gaiman offers fans a first look at his return to the comic book series that launched his career with Vertigo’s THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE. Brought to life by renowned artist J.H. Williams III, the new 6-issue miniseries set for release on October 30, will also be the subject of an all-star panel featuring Gaiman, Williams and artists Dave McKean and Sam Kieth.
- Dive into Vertigo’s upcoming slate of genre-defying titles – including the dark fantasy COFFIN HILL, the epic adventure HINTERKIND, the post-apocalyptic SUICIDERS, THE SANDMAN spin-off THE DEAD BOY DETECTIVES, and the erotic thriller THE DISCIPLINE, along with the return of the fan-favorite series from Scott Snyder and Rafael Albuquerque, AMERICAN VAMPIRE.
- Terror takes over when Villains Month hits in September. Get an inside look at the shocking events facing our heroes as the first DC COMICS – THE NEW 52 universe-wide event is unleashed. The event, spearheaded by the 7-issue FOREVER EVIL series by superstar writer Geoff Johns with art by the incredibly talented David Finch will also feature 52 jaw-dropping villain-centric titles boasting 3-D Motion covers. Fans will also be able to delve into the structure of this summer’s Justice League event Trinity War with a whiteboard animation video narrated by Johns, which will be showcased at the DC Entertainment booth. Plus, fans can get an early look at “Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics,” an all-new documentary to be teased along with a panel headed by Johns, Kevin Shinick (Robot Chicken), Andrea Romano (Batman: The Animated Series) and Scott Porter (Friday Night Lights).
- Don’t miss DC Entertainment’s display of seven Justice League-inspired KIA cars (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg) featuring custom automobile detailing and artwork by legendary artist Jim Lee at the Interactive Zone at Petco Park, Official Comic-Con Partner. Comic-Con will mark the unveiling of the centerpiece to the collection – the JUSTICE LEAGUE KIA – to be auctioned off to benefit the WE CAN BE HEROES giving campaign to help fight the hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa.
- DC Entertainment, firmly established as the industry leader in digital comics, will debut its first-ever panel dedicated to the space – slated to reveal new art, innovations and an all-star cast behind some of DC Comics Digital’s most popular releases including BATMAN ’66, INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US, SMALLVILLE SEASON 11, LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT, ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN, BATMAN: LI’L GOTHAM, and BATMAN BEYOND!
- Fans will be able to pick up a wide offering of exclusive items only available at this year’s Comic-Con – including variant cover editions of some of DC Comics’ most popular series JUSTICE LEAGUE, BATMAN, SUPERMAN UNCHAINED, and BATMAN ’66, along with five new DC Collectibles items like the Aardman: Superman Action Figure, a three-pack of Super Best Friends Forever Action Figures, Batman Arkham City: Hugo Strange, a “Man of Steel” 1:6 scale Icon Statue black costume variant and DC Comics’ Super Heroes of Green Lantern four-pack.
- Superman gets an altogether different take in the fractured alternate universe of Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, the highly anticipated DC Universe Animated Original Movie to premiere Friday at Comic-Con.
- Get an inside look at INSIDE MAD, the hugely anticipated forthcoming collection from “The Usual Gang Of Idiots” at MAD Magazine and get a dose of the magazine’s wit and snark at the annual MAD panel – orchestrated by Editor John Ficarra and a side-splitting cast of characters.
– See more at: http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/07/02/dc-entertainment-unleashes-impressive-slate-of-stellar-events-at-comic-con#sthash.WzD2hyiR.dpuf
Comments Off on MA – Ocean at the End of the Lane Signing
Neil Gaiman signs at the First Parish Church in Harvard Square on Saturday July 13th at 6:00 pm!
Join Porter Square Books (25 White Street, Cambridge, MA 02140-1413) for a reading and signing with Neil Gaiman, author of the new novel The Ocean at the End of the Lane.
This event will take place at the First Parish Church in Harvard Square and is a ticketed event.
Tickets are $5 each and will be available in-store only starting on June 18th, the official release date for The Ocean at the End of the Lane, limit of 4 tickets per person.
A brilliantly imaginative and poignant fairy tale from the modern master of wonder and terror, The Ocean at the End of the Lane is Neil Gaiman’s first new novel for adults since his #1 New York Times bestseller Anansi Boys.
First Parish Church
1446 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02138
Comments Off on MN – Ocean at the End of the Lane Signing
Author Neil Gaiman appears for a reading and signing on Monday July 8, 2013 at 6:00 PM!
From one of the world’s most beloved storytellers, New York Times bestselling author Neil Gaiman, comes his first adult novel in eight years, The Ocean at the End of the Lane. Join us for a reading and signing at Jefferson High School in Bloomington.
Wristbands are required for entry to this event and will be available beginning at 9:00 am on June 18 at Barnes & Noble Galleria (3225 W 69th, Edina, MN 55435) only. Wristbands are free with the purchase of The Ocean at the End of the Lane. A limited number will be available.
About this Author
Novelist Neil Gaiman has sent a British businessman tumbling into a fantastic underworld and had a devil and angel comically conspiring to thwart the Apocalypse. He found his biggest success, though, in Death, Dreams and Destruction — and the four other similarly named siblings who controlled the reins of the human race’s emotional impulses in his graphic-novel series The Sandman, a wholesale rejuvenation of graphic fiction that had everyone from Tori Amos to Norman Mailer spinning with, yes, Delirium.
Jefferson High School Auditorium
4001 West 102nd Street, Bloomington, MN 55437
Comments Off on CA – An Evening with Neil Gaiman
Author Neil Gaiman speaks with Geoff Boucher about his latest novel The Ocean at the End of the Lane at the Alex Theatre on Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 8:00pm!
The Alex Theatre
216 North Brand Boulevard, Glendale, CA 91203
Comments Off on MA – Make Good Art Discussion
Literary legend Neil Gaiman (American Gods, The Sandman, Stardust), in his 2012 commencement address at the University of the Arts in Pennsylvania, encouraged graduates to do one thing, even in the worst of times: Make Good Art. Gaiman– who has written novels, short fiction, comic books, screenplays, children’s books, and graphic novels– and Chip Kidd, who designed the innovative cover and interior for the published book based on the speech, convene at the Oberon to discuss Gaiman’s unconventional career path, prodigous output, and the bravery and creativity that goes into making good art. This special, intimate evening presents a rare encounter with one of contemporary literature’s most creative minds alongside the top graphic designer in publishing. They will discuss their own artistic processes and pass along advice for how to Make Good Art.
OBERON | A.R.T. – American Repertory Theater
2 Arrow Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
Comments Off on CA – Coraline Screening
Author Neil Gaiman and filmmaker and film executive Travis Knight of Laika host a screening of Coraline at 1:00 pm on Sunday May 5, 2013. Get tickets ($11)
6712 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, CA 90028
Neil Gaiman presents The Ocean at the End of the Lane at BAM’s Howard Gilman Opera House on Tuesday, June 18, 7:00 PM
Part of Unbound at BAM: A Literary Series with Greenlight Bookstore
From one of the world’s most beloved storytellers––#1 New York Times bestselling author Neil Gaiman (The Sandman, Stardust, Coraline) –– comes his first adult novel in eight years. Wondrous and imaginative, and at times deeply scary, The Ocean at the End of the Lane captures the very essence of childhood fear and uncertainty. In a clash of memory and reality, it is a pitched fever dream of a novel, and could very well be Gaiman’s most accomplished work to date.
LOCATION: Peter Jay Sharp Building
BAM Howard Gilman Opera House
30 Lafayette Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11217
RUN TIME: 1 hour (followed by book signing)
TICKETS: $45 and $55, available through the BAM box office or online through BAM.org.
Each event ticket includes a copy of The Ocean at the End of the Lane; books will be distributed in the Opera House lobby preceding the event.
SIGNING: Neil Gaiman will sign books for all ticket holders following the event. He will sign and personalize any number of copies of The Ocean at the End of the Lane, and no more than two other titles. Gaiman’s books will be offered for sale by Greenlight at BAM in the Opera House lobby before and after the reading.
QUESTIONS: please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments Off on DC – Ocean at the End of the Lane Signing
Neil Gaiman appears at the GW Lisner Auditorium on Friday June 21 2013 at 7:00 pm!
From one of the world’s most beloved storytellers––#1 New York Times bestselling author Neil Gaiman––comes his first adult novel in eight years. Wondrous and imaginative, and at times deeply scary, The Ocean at the End of the Lane (Wm. Morrow, $25.99) captures the very essence of childhood fear and uncertainty. In a clash of memory and reality, it is a pitched fever dream of a novel, and could very well be Gaiman’s most accomplished work to date.
1 Book and 1 Ticket $40/$32 members
1 Book and 2 Tickets $60/$48 members
Tickets will go on-sale for Politics & Prose Members Monday, April 22. A member discount code will be e-mailed to members the morning of April 22.
If you are not yet a member, it’s a great time to sign upand take advantage of our discount opportunities and early notification on events like this one.
Public sales will begin Thursday, April 25.
- Seating at GW Lisner Auditorium is general admission; first-come, first-served. Doors open at 6 p.m. on June 21.
- Will-call and book pick up will happen at Lisner at 6 p.m. on June 21. Books and tickets will NOT be available for pick up at Politics & Prose.
- Questions about the event can be directed to email@example.com.
- Event guidelines may be subject to change.
- Neil Gaiman will sign all copies of The Ocean at the End of the Lane purchased from Politics & Prose.
- Due to time constraints, Neil will sign up to TWO additional titles per person, personalized with first names only.
- Neil will not pose for photos.
- Flash photography and video are not permitted before, during, or after the discussion and signing.
- Questions about the event can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Signing guidelines may be subject to change.
CAN’T ATTEND THE EVENT?
- If you’d like a signed book for this or any author event, click “add to cart” below. Let us know in the “order comments” field to whom you’d like your book(s) personalized.
- Signed books require pre-payment.
- We ship anywhere in the United States and to most international locations (shipping charges apply).
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
NEIL GAIMAN has been honored with many awards internationally, including the Newbery and Carnegie Medals. His books and stories have also been honored with four Hugos, two Nebulas, a World Fantasy Award, four Bram Stoker Awards, six Locus Awards, two British SF Awards, a British Fantasy Award, nine Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards, three Geffens, an International Horror Guild Award and two Mythopoeic Awards. He is credited with being one of the creators of modern comics for his work on the Sandman series and listed in the Dictionary of Literary Biography as one of the top ten living post-modern writers. In 2001, he was one of the first writers to establish a blog (journal.neilgaiman.com), which now has over a million regular readers. Gaiman also has over 1.8 million Twitter followers (@neilhimself) and won the Twitter category in the inaugural Author Blog Awards. He wrote the screenplay for the BBC TV series Neverwhere and co-wrote the script to Robert Zemeckis’s Beowulf. His books Stardust and Coraline have been adapted into major theatrical releases. His Newbery Award-winning The Graveyard Book is currently in production.
Comments Off on FL – The Ocean at the End of the Lane Signing
Neil Gaiman appears at the Temple Judea on Sunday June 23, 2013 at 2:00 pm!
Tickets are available through Books & Books. RSVP on Facebook!
Meet one of the world’s most beloved storytellers Neil Gaiman reading and signing The Ocean at the End of the Lane (William Morrow, $25.99)
Tickets and Signing Guidelines: Vouchers are required for this event and may be purchased at Books & Books in Coral Gables, Miami Beach or Bal Harbour Shops. Purchase a copy of The Ocean at the End of the Lane ($25.99 + tax) and you will receive one voucher. This voucher entitles you to receive (1) one copy of The Ocean at the End of the Lane and also serves as your entry for (1) person to Neil Gaiman’s talk and book signing at Temple Judea. Click to purchase your voucher online. Be sure to PAY ONLINE NOW and then choose the store pick-up option to pick your ticket up at Will Call. We do not ship vouchers.
The Ocean at the End of the Lane will be published on June 1 and you may claim your copy of the book any time after publication at a Books & Books location, or at the event on June 23. Your voucher will be stamped to reflect whether or not you have claimed your book. You must show your voucher and attached receipt to claim entrance to the event, so please remember to bring it with you that day. Books & Books is NOT responsible for lost or stolen vouchers.
There will be a book signing to follow Neil’s talk and Q&A with the audience.
- Neil will sign as many copies of The Ocean at the End of the Lane as a person purchases.
- Neil will sign up to (2) two other Neil Gaiman titles.
· Neil will personalize books (name only), but he cannot accommodate specific salutations and/or dedications – it slows down the line and isn’t fair for all those who are still waiting.
· If you cannot make it to the event in person, but would like to order a book, we will do our best to personalize your pre-order, but cannot guarantee the book will be signed, since it will all depend on the time.
· Photos may be taken in passing, but not posed. No flash photography; no posed photos; and no personal video.
- Neil will only sign books. Please leave memorabilia at home.
From one of the world’s most beloved storytellers––#1 New York Times bestselling author Neil Gaiman––comes his first adult novel in eight years. Wondrous and imaginative, and at times deeply scary, THE OCEAN AT THE END OF THE LANE captures the very essence of childhood fear and uncertainty. In a clash of memory and reality, it is a pitched fever dream of a novel, and could very well be Gaiman’s most accomplished work to date.
5500 Granada Boulevard, Coral Gables, FL 33146
Comments Off on OR – The Ocean at the End of the Lane Signing
Neil Gaiman appears at the McMenamins Crystal Ballroom on Saturday June 29, 2013 at 3:00 PM.
Please note, this is a general admission, seated event*
EVENT DESCRIPTION: From one of the world’s most beloved storytellers – #1 New York Times bestselling author Neil Gaiman – comes his first adult novel in eight years. Wondrous and imaginative, and at times deeply scary, The Ocean at the End of the Lane captures the very essence of childhood fear and uncertainty. In a clash of memory and reality, it is a pitched fever dream of a novel, and could very well be Gaiman’s most accomplished work to date.
Note: Ticket price includes admission and a copy of The Ocean at the End of the Lane. Books will be distributed at event.
Tickets on sale 4/3/2013 at the link
McMenamins Crystal Ballroom
1332W Burnside Street, Portland, OR 97209