Rob Stull signs on Saturday, October 2nd from 4-7 pm!!! More details as the event approaches…
Million Year Picnic
99 Mt Auburn Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
KEITH KNIGHT, Cartoonist of THE KNIGHT LIFE and THE K CHRONICLES posted on his blog:
With suggestions from some of my Boston area homies, I have set up a series of signings coinciding with the release of the first Knight Life collection: the Knight Life, Chivalry Ain’t Dead, for my trip back east in early June. Here they be:
Thursday, June 3rd 7pm: FRANK E. CONVERSE LIBRARY-Malden, MA (36 Salem St.)
I will begin my Boston area book tour with a signing directly across the street from myold high school! I am psyched to be signing for my first collection of dailies at the place where I spent hours perusing Doonesbury and Peanuts collections as a kid. Not only that, but I was presented my first (and only) arts scholarship at the historic landmark, which was designed by architect H. H. Richardson. There’ll be a slideshow, Q & A, book signing, and then beers at the Dockside! Read more details here.
Saturday, June 5th 6pm: GULU-GULU CAFE- Salem, MA (247 Essex St.)
Next, I’ll be signing in the lovely town of Salem, Mass, home of my alma mater, Salem State College. It’ll be alumni weekend, AND the Salem Arts Festival that weekend, so there’ll be plenty of mischief going on. The Gulu-Gulu cafe looks like a place I would’ve spent most of my time in, had it been around back in the day. Joining me in this slideshow/book signing will be fellow SSC alum and award-winning cartoonist Mark Parisi!! Beers at Dodge Street following event.
Wednesday, June 9, 6-8pm MILLION YEAR PICNIC, Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA
I can’t make a trip to Boston without a signing at the finest comics emporium in the area, Million Year Picnic. At one signing, Cornel West was walking by outside the shop and my aunt stopped him and took his pic alongside my cousin. She never invited him in and I’m still bitter about it. At the last signing, a guy asked me how much my Knight Life originals were. I said “One twenty five.” He proceeded to take one dollar and a quarter out of his pocket to pay me.
What I’m saying is anything can happen at MYP, and it usually does. Beers at Shay’s after the event.
Saturday, June 12, 4pm NE Chapter of NCS Cartoonist Dinner, Johnny D’s Somerville, MA
I’m the guest of honor at this annual shin-dig put on by the New England Chapter of the National Cartoonists Society. It’s pretty elaborate with a great dinner, drinks and a presentation by yers truly. The event is open to cartoonists and aspiring cartoonists only. You don’t have to be a member of the NCS (you just pay a little more).
You gotta RSVP by May 28th, so send an email to email@example.com asking for info.
Jay Ryan (creator of ANIMALS AND OBJECTS IN AND OUT OF WATER) and Paul Hornschemeier (creator of ALL AND SUNDRY and featured in Marvel’s STRANGE TALES) sign at the Million Year Picnic on SATURDAY, November 14, 2009 from 4-6 pm.
The Million Year Picnic, 99 Mt Auburn Street (downstairs), Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA 02138
October 1st (6-7pm)
Forbidden Planet, 840 Broadway, NYC, NY
(212) 473 1576
October 3rd (2-4pm)
Million Year Picnic, 99 Mount Auburn, Cambridge MA
(617) 492 6763
October 5th (4-6pm)
That’s Entertainment, 244 Park Ave, Worcester, MA
(508) 755 4207
October 6th (7-8pm)
Rabbit Hole, 805 Main Street, Fitchburg, MA 01420
(978) 345 0040
October 7th (4-7pm)
Casablanca Comics, 151 Middle Street #2, Portland, ME
(207) 780 1676
October 10th (7pm)
Quimby’s, 1854 W North Ave, Chicago, IL
October 11th (2pm)
Vault of Midnight. 219 S Main St, Ann Arbor, MIâ€Ž
With a little effort and a LOT of luck, we also got Kim Deitch (who is planning on dragging his brother Seth along) on Friday, 25 September 2009 from 5-7pm! Kim was a crucial figure in the comix underground during the 1960s. Kim & Seth worked together on DEITCH’S PICTORAMA. Kim’s most recent book was ALIAS THE CAT. His newest book, THE SEARCH FOR SMILIN’ ED, is due out in the spring of 2010.
Million Year Picnic, 99 MT Auburn Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
Chris Claremont will NOT be signing this Saturday. We’re delaying until November to coincide with the (delayed) first trade paperback collection of X-Men Forever.
Chris Claremont MIGHT be signing on Saturday, September 26, 2009, from 4-6pm UNLESS he pushes the signing back a couple of weeks to coincide with Marvel’s delayed release of the collected trade paperback of the first issues of X-MEN FOREVER.
There will be an update on CLAREMONT’s status in the next day or two.
Million Year Picnic, 99 Mt Auburn Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
Keith Knight signs at Million Year Picnic on Wednesday, September 16 2009 from 4-7pm! Keith’s most recent book was released a couple of weeks ago: his latest K CHRONICLES collection – I LEFT MY ARSE IN SAN FRANCISCO. He is a VERY funny man. A trip to the pub follows.
Million Year Picnic, 99 MT Auburn Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
Josh Neufeld has announced an extensive book tour for his graphic novel A.D.: After the Deluge.
- Wednesday, August 19: I commemorate A.D.’s hardcover release with a presentation and signing in Austin, Texas, @ BookPeople. 603 N. Lamar, Austin, 7pm.
- Thursday, August 20: A.D. presentation & signing @ Domy Books in Houston, Texas. 1709 Westheimer, Houston, 7:00 pm. This event will be taped by Book TV!
- Friday, August 21: A.D. hits New Orleans. Release party with me and some of the book’s subjects, live and in person! Plus an art show, music, and refreshments. The Canary Collective, 329 Julia Street, New Orleans, 6pm.
- Saturday, August 22: Signing @ Maple Street Book Shop, 7523 Maple Street, New Orleans. 1pm.
- Saturday, August 22: Signing @ Octavia Books, 513 Octavia Street, New Orleans. 3:30 pm.
- Sunday, August 23: Signing @ Beth’s Books, 2700 Chartres Street, New Orleans, 1pm.
- Tuesday, August 25: A.D.’s New York release party @ Idlewild Books, co-sponsored by SMITH magazine and Teachers & Writers Collaborative. Live music by Mary McBride, refreshments, and an art auction to benefit New Orleans relief organizations. 12 West 19th St., New York City, 7pm.
- Friday, August 28: A.D. presentation and signing @ The Book Cellar, in Chicago. 4736-38 North Lincoln Ave., Chicago, 7pm.
- Saturday, August 29: Katrina’s fourth anniversary. I will be doing an author coffee @ Writers Workspace Chicago. 5443 N. Broadway St., Chicago, 11am.
- Saturday, August 29: Signing @ Chicago Comics, 3244 N Clark Street, Chicago, 3 pm.
- Tuesday, September 8: Presentation & signing @ Brookline Booksmith, 279 Harvard Street, Brookline, Massachusetts, 7pm.
- Wednesday, September 9: Signing @ Million Year Picnic, 99 Mt. Auburn Street, Cambridge, Mass., 1 pm.
- Wednesday, September 16: Pantheon editor Lisa Weinert, SMITH comics editor Jeff Newelt, and I discuss the evolution of A.D. from web to print. McNally Jackson Books, 52 Prince Street, New York City, 7pm.
- September 24: Presentation & signing @ Bergen Street Comics, 470 Bergen Street, Brooklyn, 7pm.
- September 26–27: A.D. hits D.C. for the annual Small Press Expo (SPX). Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, 5701 Marinelli Road, North Bethesda, Maryland.
- October 8–11: I will be a guest of Portland’s Wordstock Literary Festival, “the largest celebration of literature and literacy in the Pacific Northwest.” Oregon Convention Center, Portland, Oregon.
- November 14–15: A.D. heads south again for The Miami Book Fair International.