Comments Off on MTV Invades NYCC 2011 with Stan Lee, Luke Wilson, Mike Judge, Etc.
MTV INVADES THE BIG APPLE, BRINGING MONSTERS AND THE BEST OF ANIMATION TO NEW YORK COMIC-CON OCTOBER 14 AND 15
Luke Wilson to Moderate Panel for Mike Judge’s “Beavis and Butt-Head,” and Executive Producer of “The Howard Stern Show” Gary Dell’Abate to Moderate “Good Vibes”
Full Pilot Episode of “Good Vibes” Will be Available in its Entirety on MTV.com Following Its World Premiere at NY Comic-Con on Friday, October 14
Legend Stan Lee Joins MTV Comics For a Special Panel and Announcement Involving “The Seekers”
SANTA MONICA, CA (OCTOBER 10, 2011) – MTV will be bringing the all-new Mike Judge’s “Beavis and Butt-Head,” new animated comedy “Good Vibes,” and scripted horror-comedy series “Death Valley” to NY Comic-Con this year, with panels scheduled on Friday, October 14 and Saturday, October 15. Fans will be treated to exclusive first looks at upcoming episodes and clips from the series, along with autograph signings with the casts and cool free merchandise. In addition, comics legend Stan Lee will join MTV Comics executive editor Tom Akel as they announce the winners of the talent search to write and illustrate “The Seekers.”
Join “Beavis and Butt-Head” creator and executive producer Mike Judge, along with moderator Luke Wilson (“Old School,” “The Royal Tennenbaums”), for a discussion about the legendary duo of “Beavis and Butt-Head’s” return to MTV, and to get a sneak peek of exclusive footage of the show. The panel will take place on Saturday, October 15 at 7:30 p.m., in Room 1A10, and Mike Judge’s “Beavis and Butt-Head” premieres on MTV Thursday, October 27 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT.
“Good Vibes” voice talent Adam Brody (“The OC”), Josh Gad (“Book of Mormon”), Debi Mazar (“Entourage”) and Olivia Thirlby (“Bored to Death”), along with creator David Gordon Green (“Pineapple Express,” “Your Highness”) and executive producers Tom Brady and Brad Ableson (“The Simpsons”), and Mike Clements (“Life and Times of Tim,” “Are You There Vodka, It’s Me Chelsea”), will sit down with Baba Booey himself, Gary Dell’Abate, executive producer of “The Howard Stern Show” for the past 28 years, to discuss the new series. Fans will also be treated to the world premiere of the pilot episode during the panel, and it will be available in its entirety onMTV.com following the session. The “Good Vibes” panel will take place on Friday, October 14 at 10:45 a.m., in Room IA22, and the series premieres on MTV Thursday, October 27 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT.
“Death Valley” cast members Tania Raymonde (“Lost”), Charlie Sanders (Funny or Die’s “The Big Dog”), and Texas Battle (“Final Destination 3,” “Dragonball,” “Coach Carter”) will join producers Spider One and Eric Weinberg, in a discussion about this genre-busting horror-comedy show, and will also get an exclusive first look at a future episode of the series. The “Death Valley” panel will take place on Saturday, October 15 at 3:45 p.m., in Room 1A22, and the series airs on Monday nights at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT on MTV.
Join comics legend Stan Lee and MTV Comics Executive Editor Tom Akel as they announce the winners of the talent search to write and illustrate “The Seekers.” Get your first look at the art and story from Stan’s new epic and meet the creative team. You’ll also get a sneak peek at some new projects from MTV Comics and a special appearance by our Mystery Guest. Plus an exclusive gift for the first 100 attendees. MTV Comics and Stan Lee’s “The Seekers” panel will take place on Friday, October 14 at 1:30 p.m., in Room 1A06.
Mike Judge’s “Beavis and Butt-Head”
In 1993, Mike Judge, creator of “Beavis and Butt-Head,” and MTV knocked their heads together and launched a cartoon series starring a couple of lunkheads and unwittingly started an animated pop culture revolution. Now, “Beavis and Butt-Head” are coming back to MTV on Thursday, October 27 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT to unleash upon “Jersey Shore,” viral videos and more! See footage from the new episodes, and join Mike Judge as he discusses the duo’s return to MTV! Fans who attend the panel will receive some sweet “Beavis and Butt-Head” swag.
This half-hour coming-of-age comedy follows transplanted Jersey boy Mondo (voiced by Josh Gad) and his best bud Woodie (voiced by Adam Brody) as they surf the biggest waves, hit the wildest parties and chase the prettiest girls in Play Del Toro – a colorful California beach community. The all-star ensemble cast also features voice appearances by Debi Mazar as ‘Babs’ Mondo’s mom; Alan Tudyk as ‘Lonnie,’ a burnt-out but wise beach bum; Danny McBride as ‘Ms. Teets,’ a massively overweight and inappropriate human sexuality teacher; Olivia Thirlby as ‘Jeena,’ the beautiful girl of Mondo’s dreams; Jake Busey as ‘Turk,’ an obnoxious local surfer and bully; and Tony Hale as ‘Wadska,’ a charmingly nerdy and delusional friend.
The series was created by David Gordon Green (“Pineapple Express,” “Your Highness”) and is animated by Six Point Harness. Executive producers include Green, as well as Tom Brady (“The Simpsons”), Tom Werner (“Roseanne,” “That 70’s Show”), Mike Clements (“Life and Times of Tim,” “Are You There Vodka, It’s Me Chelsea”) and Brad Ableson (“The Simpsons”). Clay Spencer serves as the executive in charge of production for MTV. “Good Vibes” premieres on MTV on Thursday, October 27 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT.
MTV’s horror-comedy “Death Valley” is a scripted series that follows the ‘Undead Task Force’ (UTF), a newly formed division of the LAPD, documentary-style, as they capture the monsters that roam the streets of California’s San Fernando Valley. In a world where vampires, werewolves and zombies live freely, “Death Valley” is a fun, comedic non-stop thrill ride featuring chases, hardcore kills and bizarre encounters. The series airs Monday nights at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT on MTV.
“Death Valley” stars Tania Raymonde (“Lost”), Bryan Callen (“The Hangover”), Caity Lotz (“Mad Men”), Bryce Johnson (‘Sleeping Dogs Lie”), Texas Battle (“Final Destination 3,” “Dragonball,” “Coach Carter”) and Charlie Sanders (Funny or Die’s “The Big Dog”).
“Death Valley” is executive produced by Eric Weinberg (“Californication,” “Scrubs”), Austin Reading (“Spike TV’s Scream Awards,” “FEARnet”), Julie Kellman Reading and Tim Healy. Spider One is co-executive producer. Tony DiBari is executive producer for MTV, and Matthew Parillo is the MTV executive in charge of production
PANEL AND AUTOGRAPH SCHEDULE:
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 14
· “Good Vibes”
o Panel: 10:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m., Room IA22
o Autograph Signing: 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m., Autographing Table 8
· MTV Comics and Stan Lee’s “The Seekers”
o Panel: 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m., Room 1A06
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15
· “Death Valley”
o Panel: 3:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m., Room 1A22
o Autograph Signing: 5:15 p.m. – 6:15 p.m., Room 1E06
· Mike Judge’s “Beavis and Butt-Head”
o Panel: 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., Room 1A10 (MTV Theater)
o Autograph Signing: 8:45 p.m. – 9:45 p.m., Room 1E07
MTV is the world’s premier youth entertainment brand. With a global reach of more than a half-billion households, MTV is the cultural home of the millennial generation, music fans and artists, and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects and creates pop culture with its Emmy®, Grammy® and Peabody® award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, online and mobile. MTV’s sibling networks MTV2 and mtvU each deliver unparalleled customized content for young males, music fans and college students, and its online hub MTV.com is a leading destination for music, news and pop culture. MTV, a unit of Viacom Inc. (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. For more information, go to www.mtvpress.com.
Comments Off on NYC – Here Come the Judge
From Whitney Matheson’s PopCandy blog:
This week I hope NYC-based readers will join me on Sept. 2nd for a cool event at the Apple Store in SoHo: I’ll be chatting with director Mike Judge about his new movie, Extract, and we’ll be watching several scenes from the film.
I’m a longtime fan of Judge’s work, so expect a few questions about Office Space and Beavis and Butt-Head as well. Also, as you may know, King of the Hill ends its 13-season run Sept. 13.
If you have any questions for Mike, let me know, and I’ll try to fit ’em in. (He’ll also be taking questions from the audience, which should be fun.)
The event starts at 7 p.m., and the Apple Store is located at 103 Prince St.
Apple Store, 103 Prince Street, New York City, NY 10012
Comments Off on Countdown to Comic-Con: SDCC Digest #1
Avatar confirmed for San Diego? Dr. Who movie to be announced? Get the latest buzz concerning Comic-Con International: San Diego.
- Photo of banner released by CCI confirms Avatar presence?
- Coventry Telegraph – The Geek Files: Doctor Who movie to be announced at Comic Con?
- /Film: Kick-Ass Footage To Premiere at Comic-Con; New Photo Revealed
- Hollyscoop: Michael Jackson’s White Glove to be on display
- MTV Movies Blog: Mike Judge Brings â€˜Extract’ To Comic-Con
- Examiner.com: Burn Notice (with Bruce Campbell) and Chuck Panels
- FEAR.net: Robert Englund to be at SDCC
- MTV Movies Blog: â€˜Pandorum’ Brings The Fear To San Diego Comic-Con And MTV.com
- Examiner.com: Pysch Panel Confirmed
- The Venture Bros. at SDCC
- Visit Red 5 Comics at SDCC!
- First Look!!The 40th Anniversary Souvenir Book cover Original art by Rick Geary
- Steam Crow is working on an exclusive print.
- Toy Anxiety Blog: Part 33: Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia #1 Sketch – San Diego Comic Con 2009 Exclusive
- IGN: Exclusive Blackest Night Green Lantern Figure Set
- KOTOBUKIYA: COMIC-CON EXCLUSIVE X-Force: Wolverine Fine Art Bust
- KOTOBUKIYA: COMI-CON EXCLUSIVE Yelena Belova Black Widow Bishoujo Statue
- Major Spoilers: Live sculpting courtesy of Kotobukiya
- io9: Middleman panel to include “a cast reading of the unmade final episode.”
- StarWars.com: Fantastic Raffle Prizes Await Attendees At Star Wars Fan Club Breakfast
- Official Pix will be offering a very special limited edition photo of Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker at San Diego Comic-Con.
- Toy Anxiety Blog: Part 34: Lord of the Rings Mount Doom – San Diego Comic-Con 2009 Exclusive
- Action Figure Insider: CAPCOM SDCC Exclusive – Dark Void figurine and Statues
- YouBentMyWookie: Weta SDCC Exclusive: The Unnatural Selector, Minature Edition
- David Choe at SDCC with Giant Robot
- TOYSREVIL: Big Rollin’ Rascal by Scott Tolleson (Throwback Edition) for San Diego Comic Con 2009
- TOYSREVIL: Exoskeletons 0-49 Print by The Tarantulas for SDCC 2009
- TOYSREVIL: Teaser For SDCC-Exclusive Soopa Maria by Erick Scarecrow x ESC Toy
- TOYSREVIL: Of Secret Nibblers and Header-Sneaks by The Tarantulas (for SDCC 2009)
- TOYSREVIL: Carlos The Jackal custom BUD by Jon-Paul Kaiser (for SDCC)
- TOYSREVIL: New Sample Images for Boris The Raccoon by Nathan Hamill (July 17-launch)
- Steam Crow: Survive San Diego Comic-Con
- Bleeding Cool: How To Be A Celebrity At The San Diego Comic Con
- Sci Fi Wire: 11 hot things you MUST see at Comic-Con in San Diego this month