Mattel and NECA preview some SDCC exclusives, we get a look at the Pacific Rim footage from WonderCon, Some geeky girls get fed up and angry, and lots more.
NYCC Fan Panels & Events Schedule 10/12-10/14
It’s almost time for New York Comic Con to unleash its power in the Big Apple, and Mattel is ready! We’ll be right there at Javits Center when the show opens Friday, October 12th until closing on Sunday, October 14th. We’ve got great fan panels and events planned, packed with awesome guests and information…
Mattel Presents: Mattypalooza in New York 2012 – Masters of the Universe Classics
Saturday, 10/13 at 12:15 – 1:15 pm, Rm 1A14
This year’s Mattypalooza will be bigger and better than ever with all the latest on Masters of the Universe® Classics… including the world premiere of the art for the long-awaited Castle Grayskull! You’ll see early design renderings for this 2013 release and get all the details on the upcoming product pre-order. Don’t miss the live Q & A with Mattel toy designers and marketing manager Scott “Toy Guru” Neitlichand Jim Preziosi, Eric “Cornboy” Mayse, Chris Dahlberg and Eric Treadaway, aka The Four Horsemen.
VOLTRON®: Form Blazing Fun!
Sunday, 10/14 at 2:45 – 3:45 pm, Rm 1A21
The Defender of the Universe returns to New York Comic Con! “Head Geek” Jeremy Corray hosts a panel including Bob Koplar from World Event Productions and Traci Todd from VIZ Media. Writer Brian “Smitty” Smith joins artist Jacob Chabot talking about their Voltron Force comics, and writer Brandon Thomas and artists N. Steven Harris and Craig Cermak preview new issues of the Voltron comic lines based on the classic series. Scott “Toy Guru” Neitlich will hold a drawing for a giant Voltron Classics Black Lion, and there will be updates on the live action movie produced by Atlas Entertainment (The Dark Knight Rises), Relativity (Cowboys and Aliens, Immortals) and Kickstart Productions (Wanted).
MATTEL BOOTH EVENTS
MOTU Mini-Comic Signing: Scott “Toy Guru” Neitlich & Tim Seeley
Friday, 10/11 at 11:00 – 12:00 pm
Our own Scott Neitlich, Mattel marketing manager (AKA “Toy Guru” from MattyCollector.com) and Tim Seely will be at the Mattel booth to hand out and personally sign copies of MOTU mini-comics for fans!
WWE® Autograph Signing: Dolph Ziggler™
Saturday, 10/13 at 2:00 – 3:00 pm
WWE® Superstar Dolph Ziggler™ will be at the Mattel booth to greet fans and sign autographs! Stop by for a chance to meet the bleached blond Superstar who battled seven other Superstars to capture the coveted Money in the Bank briefcase and the opportunity to score an illustrious WWE® title.
Temple of DarknessSorceress®
Here’s your chance to purchase the Temple of Darkness Sorceress® figure for $22! This special traveling figure has a new look that reflects her appearance in the vintage mini-comics featuring all white/silver deco and opening wings, and comes with the Zoar staff and a power orb holder. This figure is not included in any sub, and sold out at Power-Con. After NYCC the only opportunity to purchase this figure will be on MattyCollector.com. If you want this figure, make sure you head to the Mattel booth the minute you arrive at the show!
“There is no Dana, only Zuul!” It wouldn’t be New York without one of those pesky paranormals from Ghostbusters™ butting in, so we’ll have our 6” figure of Dana Barrett as Zuul available for $25. This figure features authentic, film-accurate sculpting right down to her golden gown, plus two interchangeable lower bodies so she can stand or, when she tires of waiting for the coming of Gozer, sit on the included bench display.
That’s it for now, but there’s going to be a ton going on at NYCC, and we’re ready to get our toy action on. See you at the Javits Center!
An early look at what products Mattel has to offer at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2011.
Mattel Offers Ultimate Fan Experience at 2011 San Diego Comic-Con
Hot New Entertainment Collectibles, Captivating Product Innovation And Special Events Happening At Mattel Booth # 3029, July 21-24
SAN DIEGO–Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT) offers the San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) fan community unparalleled collectible toys, interactive fan panels and engaging events at booth #3029. With new offerings from classic brands to the hottest entertainment properties, Mattel’s meticulously crafted lineup of exclusives offers something for fans and collectors of all ages.
“Comic-Con is about celebrating pop and entertainment culture, and for us our special role within it is something that we value,” said Doug Wadleigh, Senior Vice President Global Entertainment, Mattel. “We know what is important to our fans and understand the role we play, and that fans look to us to create brands with engaging storylines, and creating the most realistic and authentic collectibles. This year is no exception and the line-up is sure to be a fan hit.”
Mattel introduces unparalleled innovation this year as well as new entertainment collectables exclusively at SDCC. With the best design team in the industry, Mattel offers fans highly detailed and articulated figures that are perfect for any collection.
- Ghostbusters™ Stay Puft Marshmallow Man – Stay Puft is back and bigger than ever, standing at more than 20 tall! The squishy villain is made from soft foam and features articulation at the arms, head and legs. A huge New York City diorama is included in the packaging.
- Voltron® Blazing Sword Voltron – Check out the first ever seven-inch scale Voltron action figure from Mattel! Completely authentic to the original series, he’s highly poseable with 22 points of articulation and can transform into different action poses.
- DC Universe Swamp Thing – This fan-demanded character is available for the first time in the DC Universe and is the first ever Mattel DC Universe character to feature endoskeleton articulation! Vowing to protect the environment and his swamp home, Swamp Thing comes in a paper pulp mold of a Swamp Thing head that houses Swamp Thing himself!
Additional Mattel Comic-Con Sale Items:
Mattel offers the most sought after collectibles on the planet designed by passionate people dedicated to making the most realistic toys available. And this year packaging continues to be part of the experience encompassing some great surprises and storytelling for fans!
Masters of the Universe®:
- Masters of the Universe® Classics Queen Marlena™ Figure – The good queen of Eternia® is finally here to complete the Eternos Royal Family. Marlena includes her royal green dress, scepter and sword, plus an interchangeable space helmet head and blaster weapon to transform her back into her fighting days as Captain Glenn™.
- Masters of the Universe® Polly Pocket™ Collection — Polly™ and her friends are dressed as their Masters of the Universe® alter egos to battle out nasty nemesis’s mean ways! Polly, dressed as She-Ra™, and Kerstie®, dressed as Frosta™, are ready to take on Crissy® as the villain Catra™.
- Hot Wheels® Back to the Future™ Time Machine – Doc Brown himself would approve of this exclusive from the classic Back to the Future film. The special collector car comes encased in radiation resistant-inspired packaging all set for flux capacitor insertion.
- Hot Wheels® Franken Berry™ Vehicle — A classic Franken Berry™ cereal box with a Hot Wheels® Dairy Delivery® vehicle inside will take fans back to being a kid and watching Saturday morning cartoons. Shake the box and hear that awesome cereal sound coming from inside.
- Green Lantern Kilowog – Standing at nearly eight-inches tall, this is Mattel’s biggest, boldest Kilowog to date! Sculpted directly from the digital files provided by the movie makers, this fully articulated figure is in scale with six-inch Movie Masters® figures sold at retail.
- Carol Ferris Barbie® Doll — Landing in special action figure-inspired packaging, it’s Barbie® doll as Carol Ferris, lifelong friend and childhood sweetheart of Green Lantern hero Hal Jordan. Sculpted in the likeness of Carol Ferris from the feature film Green Lantern, she also features a fully articulated body and flight suit.
Other exclusives include:
- Young Justice Superboy in Cloning Chamber – This show-accurate figure recreates the scene from the pilot episode when Robin, Aqualad, and Kid Flash discover the mysterious Project Kr, where The Light has commissioned “The Weapon.” Using Superman’s DNA – without his knowledge or consent – Cadmus has force-grown the Superboy, using telepathic Genomorph-Gnomes to make a virtual slave of Superman’s son. The cloning tank includes Superboy plus three telepathic Genomorph-Gnomes, and with the press of a button, the inside of the cloning tank lights emitting a blue glow.
- Monster High™ Ghoulia Yelps™ Doll – Being that Ghoulia Yelps™ is the smartest ghoul in school, naturally she’s a comic book fan. Ghoulia is on her way to NekroCon dressed as her favorite zombie super hero, Dead Fast™. She comes with a miniature Dead Fast™ action figure and a Dead Fast™ fan fic book that she wrote and illustrated herself.
Mattel Fan Activities & Autograph Signings:
Fanboys and fangirls seeking an up close and personal experience with some of the biggest names in entertainment and comic-culture will enjoy Mattel’s robust schedule of panels, autograph signings and activities. Mattel’s marquee “Mattypalooza” panel on Friday July 22nd will have multiple breaking news reveals and hot collector club details for 2012 including Club Eternia®, Club Ecto-1 and the all-new Club Lion Force for Voltron.
- WWE® – Rey Mysterio®, Bret Hart™, Kane®, Kelly Kelly®, Cody Rhodes®, and Alicia Fox™
- Four Horsemen – Jim Preziosi and Eric Treadaway
- The mad scientists behind Monster High™
- Surprise signings TBD!
Mattel FANatic Activities
Freaky-Fab New Monster High™ Video Game!
- Mattel and THQ team up to bring SDCC fans an exclusive first look at the Monster High™ Ghoul Spirit™ video game, set to be released on October 11. Socialize with the Monster High™ student body as you engage in special assignments and explore the open-world setting of Monster High™. Build relationships, establish BFFs and get good grades to become the ultimate “ghoul” in school. Just like real high school, challenges are everywhere so players must stay scary smart to get ahead and reach the ultimate goal of being crowned Scream Queen at the “Terror Under the Sea” Dance. Be the first to play live demos every day of the show!
Thursday July 21:
11:30 AM – 12:30 PM: WWE® and Mattel: Past, Present and Future! - Room 24ABC
- Mattel discusses its evolved collector communications and how for the very first time is allowing WWE fans to directly influence product offerings. Hear from some of the top WWE Superstars of all time as they discuss the storied past, exciting present, and promising future of the company and how it’s all celebrated in Mattel’s action figure toy line! Join WWE Legend Bret Hart and WWE Superstars Triple H® and Rey Mysterio, Mattel toy designers Bill Miekina and Derek Handy, and Mattel WWE brand manager Enrique Ruvalcaba for an action-packed Q&A!
6:00PM – 7:00 PM: Voltron - Indigo Ballroom at the Bayfront Hilton
- An in depth panel giving both classic fans and fans of the newly launched series exciting previews and up-to-date news on everything Voltron. This interactive discussion will feature Mattel entertainment brands designers Steed Sun and Brandon Sopinsky who will go over new Voltron additions for this year and beyond as well as soon to be announced celebrity guests.
Friday July 22:
1:00 PM – 2:00PM: Mattypalooza - Room 25ABC
- Mattel Presents: Mattypalooza 2011 – Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghostbusters™, Voltron and more! This SDCC staple is a must for every Matty fan and will feature five not-to be missed announcements regarding the 30th anniversary of Masters of the Universe! As a bonus, exclusive details regarding popular Matty Collector clubs will be announced and Matty, the original Mattel collector, may even make a live appearance as well!
3:00PM – 4:00PM: Mattel and DC Comics – A Heroic Partnership - Room 4
- Find out the latest and greatest on Mattel’s popular DC toy lines, where panelists will discuss the latest news, sneak peaks and behind-the-scenes scoop on fan favorite Mattel/DC action figures, including DC Universe Classics, Young Justice, Action League® and more! Plus, be here for an exciting look at all-new 2012 product!
For the most current listing of events please visit www.mattycollector.com.
Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT – News) (www.mattel.com) is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products. The Mattel family is comprised of such best-selling brands as Barbie®, the most popular fashion doll ever introduced, Hot Wheels®, Matchbox®, American Girl®, Radica® and Tyco® R/C, as well as Fisher-Price® brands, including Little People®, Power Wheels® and a wide array of entertainment-inspired toy lines. In 2011, Mattel was named as one of FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” for the fourth year in a row, and also is ranked among Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s “100 Best Corporate Citizens.” With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel employs approximately 30,000 people in 43 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. At Mattel, we are “Creating the Future of Play.”