William Shatner, Stan Lee, Adam Baldwin, Mary McDonnell, James Marsters, Michael Biehn, WWE® Diva Kelly Kelly™ Among Headliners At 2012 Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con, January 28-29 At Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
Superstar Artists George Perez, Greg Horn, Jesus Merino, Tyler Kirkham, Arthur Suydam And Many Others Scheduled To Appear
North America’s largest pop-culture tour opens the 2012 season as Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con, a huge success in its inaugural event last year, returns to the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, January 28-29, with standout guests William Shatner, Stan Lee, Adam Baldwin, Mary McDonnell, James Marsters, Michael Biehn and WWE® Diva Kelly Kelly™ headlining the list of celebrity attendees. The event, produced by Wizard World, Inc. (WIZD.PK) will bring together thousands of fans of all ages and dozens of celebrities and industry professionals to celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, graphic novels, comics, toys, video gaming, television, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more.
Baldwin (FULL METAL JACKET, “Serenity”), Marsters (“Buffy: The Vampire Slayer,” “Caprica”), and Biehn (THE TERMINATOR, THE ABYSS) will attend both days, while Shatner (“Star Trek,” “Boston Legal”), Lee (“Spider-Man,” “X-Men” co-creator), Academy Award Nominee and Emmy Award Nominee McDonnell (“Battlestar Galactica,” DANCES WITH WOLVES), Kelly and Ryder are currently scheduled to appear on Saturday.
“Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con was a huge first event for us in 2011, and we have even more in store for this year,” said John Macaluso, Wizard World Board of Directors. “TV and movie stars like William Shatner, Adam Baldwin, Mary McConnell and James Marsters, a comics icon like Stan Lee, two WWE stars and many superstar creators make it a pop culture extravaganza, and a great way to kick off the 2012 Tour.”
The lineup of superstar artists at Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con is also impressive, including George Pérez (“Superman,” “JSA”), Jesus Merino (“Avengers Forever,” “Superman/Batman”), Félix Ruiz (“Halo: Fall Of Reach – Boot Camp,” “Marvel Zombies 5), Tyler Kirkham (“Green Lantern: New Guardians,” “Amazing Spider-Man”), Barry Kitson (“Uncanny X-Force,” “Spider-Man”), Greg Horn (“Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark,” “X-Force”), Bernie Wrightson (“Batman,” “House of Mystery”), Norm Breyfogle (“Batman Beyond, “Life with Archie”) and Arthur Suydam (“Marvel Zombies,” “Army of Darkness”) and dozens of others.
Other popular celebrity guests scheduled to be on hand in New Orleans include Paul McGillion (“Stargate: Atlantis,” “Star Trek”), Norman Reedus (“The Walking Dead,” BOONDOCK SAINTS I & II), Sean Patrick Flanery (BOONDOCK SAINTS I & II, SAW 3D), Diora Baird (TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE: THE BEGINNING, WEDDING CRASHERS), Jennifer Blanc (“Dark Angel,” “Party of Five”), Doug Jones (FANTASTIC FOUR, HELLBOY), Peter Mayhew (STAR WARS), Lou Ferrigno (“The Incredible Hulk”) and Chandler Riggs (“The Walking Dead”).
Join tens of thousands of fellow fans as they converge on the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center at New Orleans Comic Con to celebrate the best in pop culture. New Orleans Comic Con brings it all – Movies, Comics, Toys, Video Gaming, Games, TV, Graphic Novels, Horror, Wrestling, MMA, Original Art, Collectibles, Anime, Manga & More! This is Louisiana’s best new Comic Con! New Orleans Comic Con is brought to you by the group who produces the most widely attended Comic Con tour!
Via Wizard World
Comments Off on Wizard World Beams Up William Shatner for the New Orleans Comic Con 2012
Big Easy Beam: William Shatner To Attend 2012 Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con
Iconic Star of “Star Trek,” “T.J. Hooker,” “Boston Legal” To Appear Saturday, January 28 At Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
NEW YORK and NEW ORLEANS, December 5, 2011 – William Shatner, who has starred in popular television series and movies for more than five decades, will attend 2012 Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con, it was announced today. Shatner, whose most well-known credits include lead roles in “Star Trek,” “T.J. Hooker” and “Boston Legal,” will appear on Saturday, January 28, at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.
Instantly recognizable to several generations of cult TV fans as the square-jawed Capt. James T. Kirk, commander of the starship USS Enterprise, Shatner went on to star in several feature films in the “Star Trek” franchise’s revival in the 1980’s. He also won two Emmy Awards and a Golden Globe Award for his portrayal of attorney Denny Crane in the television dramas “The Practice” and its spin-off “Boston Legal,” and currently hosts the edgy, off-beat Biography channel original talk show “Shatner’s Raw Nerve.”
“William Shatner is a television and movie icon to the highest degree,” said John Macaluso, Wizard World Board of Directors. “He has entertained millions of fans over the last half-century, and Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con attendees are ecstatic to have the chance to meet him in person.”
Shatner joins a list of standout guests that includes Adam Baldwin, Mary McDonnell, James Marsters, Michael Biehn, WWE® Diva Kelly Kelly™ and WWE® Superstar Zack Ryder™. The event, produced by Wizard World, Inc. (WIZD.PK) will bring together thousands of fans of all ages and dozens of celebrities and industry professionals to celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, graphic novels, comics, toys, video gaming, television, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more.
The roster of top artists at Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con is also impressive, including Carlos Pacheco (“X-Men,” “Green Lantern”), George Pérez (“Superman,” “JSA”), Jesus Merino (“Superman,” “Superman/Batman”), Félix Ruiz (“Halo: Fall Of Reach – Boot Camp,” “Marvel Zombies 5), Tyler Kirkham (“Green Lantern: New Guardians,” “Amazing Spider-Man”), Barry Kitson(“Uncanny X-Force,” “Spider-Man”), Greg Horn (“Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark,” “X-Force”), Bernie Wrightson (“Batman,” “House of Mystery”), Norm Breyfogle (“Batman Beyond, “Life with Archie”), Arthur Suydam (“Marvel Zombies,” “Army of Darkness”) and dozens of others.
Children and adult attendees are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite villain, superhero or pop culture personality for the chance to win special prizes in costume contests. Event-goers may also try their hand interactive product exhibits and shop for collectible comics, movie and television memorabilia, toys and games at scores of dealer booths.
New Orleans Comic Con is the first stop on Wizard World’s 2012 North American tour. Hours are Saturday, January 28, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.; and Sunday, January 29, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Tickets are available in advance online at http://www.
About Wizard World:
Wizard World produces Comic Cons and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate graphic novels, comic books, movies, TV shows, gaming, technology, toys and social networking. The events often feature celebrities from movies and TV, artists and writers, and events such as premieres, gaming tournaments, panels, and costume contests. Wizard World also produces Wizard World Digital, an online publication covering new and upcoming products and talents in the pop culture world, and is distributed on a weekly basis to online and iPad users worldwide.
The full event schedule can be found at www.wizardworld.com.
***** SAVE THE 2012 DATES *****
January 28-29 – New Orleans Comic Con
April 14-15 – Toronto Comic Con
June 1-3 – Philadelphia Comic Con
August 9-12 – Chicago Comic Con
September 29-30 – Mid-Ohio Comic Con
TBD, 2012 – Big Apple Comic Con
TBD, 2012 – Austin Comic Con
LEE MAJORS, MARY MCDONNELL, ADAM WEST, “BRADY BUNCH BOYS” AMONG HEADLINERS AT WIZARD WORLD BIG APPLE COMIC CON, OCTOBER 1-2-3 AT MANHATTAN’S PENN PLAZA PAVILION
First Convention Appearance For Majors in 30 years, First for “Bradys” together on East Coast and First for West-Burt Ward in N.Y. in Two Decades; Claudia Christian, Julia Jones And 200+ Celebrity Guests, Leading Comics Artists, Creative Directors To Attend
NEW YORK, Wizard World Big Apple Comic Con, part of North America’s largest pop-culture tour, is set for Friday through Sunday, October 1-3, at the Penn Plaza Pavilion in Manhattan. The event, the largest and longest-running Comic Con in New York, will bring together thousands of fans of all ages and plenty of celebrities and industry professionals to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, comics, toys, video gaming, television, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more.
Celebrity guests include:
Lee Majors (Six Million Dollar Man, The Fall Guy)
Mary McDonnell (Battlestar Galactica)
Adam West, Burt Ward (Batman)
Walter Koenig (Star Trek)
Claudia Christian (Babylon 5)
Julia Jones (Twilight: Eclipse)
Jake Lloyd, Ahmed Best, Bonnie Piesse (Star Wars)
Doug Jones (Hellboy)
Erin Gray (Buck Rogers)
Herb Jefferson, Jr (Battlestar Galactica – original series)
Richard Anderson (Six Million Dollar Man)
Barry Williams, Christopher Knight and Mike Lookinland (Brady Bunch)
Dan Folger (Balls of Fury, Fanboys)
Larry Thomas (Seinfeld)
Diora Baird (30 Days of Night)
Scott Porter (Caprica)
Captain Zorikh (Sci-fi Science, Jedi Junkies)
Paris Themmen (Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory)
Ashley C. Williams, Ashlynn Yennie, and Akihiro Kitamura (Human Centipede)
Kevin Nash, Ted DiBiase, Shane Douglas, Joel Gertner, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, Virgil, Sean “X-Pac” Waltman, Mikey Whipwreck, “Simply the Best” G.A. West, Torrie Wilson, Tammy “Sunny” Sytch (pro wrestlers)
Alison Whitmore (Editor – IFC.com)
Knicks City Dancers
They will be among the stars on hand to meet fans, sign autographs and take professional photographs (Photo Ops) with fans.
This is Lee Majors’ first convention appearance in 30 years and the first time the ‘Brady Boys’ have been together on the East Coast,
It is also the first time in nearly 20 years that West and his “Batman” co-star Burt Ward will have appeared together in New York.
Other popular Big Apple Comic Con celebrity guests include Claudia Christian (“Look,” “Babylon 5”), Julia Jones (THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, JONAH HEX), Jake Lloyd (STAR WARS: EPISODE I, “The Pretender”), Doug Jones (FANTASTIC FOUR, HELLBOY), Walter Koenig (“Star Trek,” “Babylon 5”) and other well-known personalities.
Fans can also meet their favorite comic artists, writers, and editors, including Carmine Infantino (Co-Creator of The Flash; Deadman; Batgirl; Human Target; Black Canary and the top Batman artist of the 60s!), Mike Grell (Green Arrow), Herb Trimpe (Hulk; Iron Man), Jerry Robinson (Batman, creator of Robin and Joker), Mark Millar (“Kick-Ass, Wanted), Dick Ayers (Sgt. Fury, The Incredible Hulk), Rich Buckler (Fantastic Four, All-Star Squadron), Irwin Hasen (Green Lantern, Dondi), Paul Levitz (Legion of Super Heroes, former DC president), Bob Wiacek (X-Men, The Brave and the Bold), Joe Madureira (Darksiders, Uncanny X-Men, Battle Chasers), Ethan Van Sciver (Green Lantern, Superman/Batman), Greg Horn (Blackest Night, Elektra, Ms. Marvel), Alex Maleev (Batman, Daredevil), Michael Golden (Wolverine: First Class, New Exiles), Mark Texeira (Moon Knight, Ghost Rider), Trevor Von Eeden (Black Lightning, Batman), J.G. Jones (Final Crisis, Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia), Leinil Yu (Wolverine; X-Men; Ultimate Comics: Avengers 2; Uncanny X-Men), Billy Tucci (Shi, Sgt. Rock), Mark Texeira (Moon Knight, Ghost Rider), Arthur Suydam (Marvel Zombies, Batman), Steve Manion (Fearless Dawn), Louis Small, Jr (Vampirella), Rob Liefeld (Deadpool, Youngblood), Jim Shooter (former editor-in-chief, Marvel, Valiant), Bill Jemas (former Marvel Comics publisher), J. David Spurlock (Author, artist, and editor), and many other national and local creators.
Children and adult attendees are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite villain, superhero or pop culture personality for the chance to win special prizes in costume contests. Event-goers may also try their hand interactive product exhibits and shop for collectible comics, movie and television memorabilia, toys and games at more than 200 dealer booths.
Special events at Big Apple Comic Con include the “Magic: The Gathering” card game tournament, professional photo opportunities (Photo Ops) with celebrities and others to be announced.
The Penn Plaza Pavilion is located at 401 Seventh Avenue at 33rd St., in the historic Hotel Pennsylvania. Big Apple Comic Con is the fifth stop on Wizard’s eight-city 2010 North American tour. Hours are Friday, Oct. 1, 5-9 p.m.; Saturday, Oct. 2, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.; and Sunday, Oct. 3, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. (all times Eastern). Tickets are available in advance or by calling 1-866-882-5860 and online at www.wizardworld.com/bigapple.html at up to a 15% savings over tickets purchased at the door. Advance adult single-day tickets are $25; three-day weekend tickets are $45, and tickets are free for children age 10 and under when accompanied by a paid adult (limit two children per adult). VIP packages with special entry and exclusive items are also available.
For the most recent event information please visit http://www.bigapplecon.com become a Big Apple Comic Con Fan on Facebook.
Fan-demonium to Reach an All-Time High at 15th Annual Fan Expo Canada 2009
Leonard Nimoy, Linda Hamilton, Lou Ferrigno, and Bruce Campbell among the star-studded line-up at this year’s event
July 9, 2009, Toronto, ON – Expect to see a surge of Vulcans, Storm Troopers, Zombies, Dragonballers and other strange and wonderful characters across the city as Toronto hosts the largest combined gaming, horror, comic, science fiction and anime event in the country. The 15th annual Fan Expo Canada takes place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building on August 28-30, 2009.
Owned and operated by Hobby Star Marketing, Fan Expo Canada offers fans of every genre the chance to meet their favourite celebrities and pop culture heroes at autograph and photo sessions; participate in informational workshops with industry experts offering advice, tips and portfolio reviews; and shop for exclusive Fan Expo offers, collectables and memorabilia from more than 600 vendors.
“By offering unique experiences and opportunities to interact with icons, industry leaders, and other enthusiastic fans, Fan Expo delivers a signature event in Canada that satisfies fans’ cravings like no other,” says Aman Gupta, President of Hobby Star Marketing. “For the past 15 years Fan Expo Canada has been the only event to bring this level of fandom to Toronto and Fan Expo Canada 2009 will bring even more to visitors than ever before with incredible limited edition offers, the widest range of industry merchandise available, and appearances by genre demi-gods.”
Hobby Star Marketing Inc. was founded in 1992 and has quickly become one of Canada’s premiere sports and entertainment marketing companies. Since its inception, Hobby Star Marketing has secured a niche in the industry by specializing in professional sport and entertainment celebrity placement at a variety of venues and events.
SPECIAL CELEBRITY GUESTS:
SFX Science Fiction Expo, in association with SPACE – the official National Cable Broadcast Sponsor, guest list:
- LEONARD NIMOY – The legendary Mr. Spock of Star Trek
- LINDA HAMILTON – Sarah Connor celebrating the 25th Anniversary of The Terminator
- BILLY DEE WILLIAMS – Lando Calrissian of the Star Wars feature films
- BEAU BRIDGES – Major General Hank Landry of Stargate SG-1
- THOMAS DEKKER – John Connor of Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles
- MARY MCDONNELL – President Laura Roslin of Battlestar Galactica
- JAMES KYSON LEE – Ando of Heroes
- AVERY BROOKS – Captain Benjamin Sisko of Star Trek Deep Space Nine
- WALTER KOENIG – Pavel Chekov of Star Trek
- ROBERT DUNCAN MCNEILL – Tom Paris of Star Trek Voyager
- LOU FERRIGNO – The Incredible Hulk
- DAVE THOMAS – Doug of Bob and Doug McKenzie brothers
- LARRY THOMAS – Seinfeld’s “Soup Nazi”
- TONY CURTIS – Legendary actor and Hollywood Icon
The Comic Book Expo guest list:
- JOE QUESADA – Editor In Chief Marvel Comics
- DAN DIDIO – Senior VP DC Comics
- CHRIS BACHALO – Legendary Artist
- MIKE DEODATO JR.- Artist Dark Avengers
- ETHAN VAN SCIVER – Artist of Flash Rebirth
- J MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI – Award winning writer
- STEVE MCNIVEN – Artist of Wolverine
- IVAN REIS – Artist of Green Lantern & The Blackest Night – Rare appearance!
- TERRY DODSON – Artist of Uncanny X-Men
- DAVID FINCH – Artist of Ultimatum
- OLIVIER COIPEL – Artist of Thor
- MATT FRACTION – Writer of Uncanny X-Men and Invincible Ironman
- MARKO DJURDJEVIC – Acclaimed Marvel Cover Artist & Thor
- LEN WEIN – Legendary Creator of Wolverine & Swamp Thing
- DARWYN COOKE – Artist of DC The New Frontier
- DALE EAGLESHAM – Artist of upcoming Fantastic Four
- BILL SIENKIEWICZ – Legendary Artist
- STUART IMMONNEN – Artist of New Avengers
- GEORGES JEANTY – Artist of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- RICHARD ISANOVE – Artist of Stephen King’s Dark Tower
- MIKE CHOI – Artist of X-Force
- DOUG SNEYD – Legendary Playboy Cartoonist
The Festival of Fear Horror Expo, sponsored by Rue Morgue Magazine, guest list:
- BRUCE CAMPBELL – Legendary Film Actor
- ROGER CORMAN – Legendary Director
- UDO KEIR – Acclaimed Actor
- BARBARA STEELE – Emmy Award-Winning Actress
- TOM SAVINI – FX Master and Actor
- ROBERT HALL – Award winning make up artist
- JAMES DUVAL – Acclaimed Horror Film Actor
- MAX BROOKS – Author Of The Zombie Survival Guide
- ART HINDLE – Acclaimed actor
- KELLEY ARMSTRONG – Best Selling Horror Author
- JACK KETCHUM – Best Selling Horror Author
- LLOYD KAUFMAN – Producer – Toxic Avenger
The CNAnime Expo celebrity guest list:
- SCOTT MCNEIL – voice star of Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragonball Z
- CRISPIN FREEMAN – voice star of Naruto, Eureka Seven, Ghost In the Shell
- BRAD SWAILE – voice star of Death Note, Mobile Suit Gundam
- AARON DISMUKE – voice star of Fullmetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood
- COLLEEN CLINKENBEARD – voice star of Fullmetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood
- MONICA RIAL – voice star of Kiddy Grade, Noir, Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE
- BRINA PALENCIA – voice star of Claymore, Romeo A Juliet
- DEREK STEPHEN PRINCE – voice star of Bleach, Digimon
The GX – Gaming Expo, sponsored by Zellers & G4 Tech TV, celebrity guest list:
- STEVE DOWNES – Voice of Master Chief in the HALO video game series
- VICTOR LUCAS – Creator / Producer / Host of Electric Playground
- ED GREENWOOD – Creator / Author of Forgotten Realms
- JESS HARTLEY – Editor / Developer of White Wolf Publishing
- PIETER VAN HIEL – Role playing game Author of Sanguine Productions
- JONATHAN LAVALLEE – President of Firestorm Ink gaming publisher
- C.A. SULEIMAN – Director of Development CM Publishing
- MALCOLM SHEPPARD – Role playing game Author of White Wolf
Gaming fans will have the opportunity to take part in dozens of official tournaments, play new games, win prizes, meet with industry experts, attend seminars and view upcoming products.
- Canada’s largest Masquerade Costume Contest on Saturday, Aug. 29
- Industry Professional workshops for the public
- Millions of dollars of collectibles and memorabilia for sale
- Celebrity Q&A’s plus autograph and photo opportunities
- More than 600 commercial exhibitors and retailers offering a full range of pop culture and entertainment themed merchandise including comic books, toys, collectibles, games, videos, and more!
- Tons of costumed characters from your favourite TV shows & movies
- Introducing a reusable shopping tote, made from 100% recycled materials and designed specifically for fans to take their goodies home
- Exclusive show merchandise including:
- MEGAN FOX photo cover variant for issue one TRANSFORMERS: TALES OF THE FALLEN comic book – Limited to only 1000 copies
- STAR TREK: NERO comic, issue number one, “Spock Variant” edition – Limited to 1000 copies
- ULTIMATE AVENGERS comic #1, “Sketch cover variant” edition (Limited to 1500 copies)
- GREEN LANTERN: BLACKEST NIGHT Art Lithograph (Limited to 1500 copies) free and only available when you purchase a Fan Expo Premium Package
Stay tuned to www.fanexpocanada.com for more additions to this exciting line-up…
WHEN: AUGUST 28 – 30, 2009
Friday, August 28th 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 29th 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 30th 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
WHERE: Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building
222 Bremner Blvd. Toronto, Ontario
TICKETS: Basic Adult Day Pass $25.00
Kids under 12 years old are FREE when accompanied by an adult
See website for further details
SPECIAL EVENT TICKETS: Some celebrity presentations are specially ticketed events – for dates, times and prices, please call Ticketmaster (416) 872-7777 or visit www.fanexpocanada.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT www.fanexpocanada.com