Questions will be answered! Prizes will be given! Lives will be changed! (Perhaps even for the better!)
Comments Off on NYC – Inside MAD Signing
John Ficarra, editor in chief of MAD magazine, is joined by Al Jaffe, Desmond Devlin, Tim Carvell and Sam Viviano for what promises to be a very hilarious event on Tuesday November 12, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Barnes & Noble – 86th & Lexington Ave
150 East 86th Street, New York, NY 10028
The 2013 San Diego Comic-Con convention announced the star cast and crew of the revolutionary new documentary “I Know That Voice” will host a panel for more than 175,000-plus comic book fans from around the world on July 18, 2013. John DiMaggio (“I Know That Voice” Executive Producer and voices of Bender from Futurama, Jake the Dog from Adventure Time, IFC’s Out There and many more) brings together the documentary’s cast, producer and director to expose an exclusive sneak peak at the most anticipated film about voice over ever made at The World’s Biggest Comic Book Convention™.
The 2013 San Diego Comic-Con panel will feature insider clips and a Q&A session with John DiMaggio, Billy West (Futurama, The Ren & Stimpy Show), Tom Kenny (Spongebob Squarepants, Brickleberry) Rob Paulsen (TMNT, Pinky and the Brain), Dee Bradley Baker (Legend of Korra, Clone Wars, Ben 10, American Dad), Fred Tatasciore (Hulk, Ben 10, Mad), Andrea Romano (25-time Emmy nominated, 8-time Emmy winner for Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, and more), Tommy Reid (Producer) and Lawrence Shapiro (Director).
From comic book junkies and animation maniacs to video game gurus and anyone who has ever been touched by cartoons, rumor of this film’s release has left fans filled with anticipation. Growing at a steady pace, more than 2,100 fans have joined the VIP Insider List and pre-ordered the DVD. With YouTube videos garnering 800,000-plus views and hundreds of Cartoon Voice Imitation Contest submissions pouring onto the documentary’s Facebook page, this film is gearing up to reveal to the world the mysterious lives and humor of some of the greatest voice actors of all time.
To add to fans’ growing excitement, every 100th person to join the VIP List on the documentary’s website will be announced and will win a limited collector-edition poster autographed by John DiMaggio. Not only will VIP List members get the latest news on the film, but they will also have first dibs to pre-order the DVD and get their hands on a copy before it hits the market.
“We’ve been absolutely bombarded with fans’ anticipation on social media since word slipped out,” said John DiMaggio. “San Diego Comic-Con is the perfect place to raise the bar and be accessible to the fans so they can ask us anything and everything they are dying to know about the project, the voice acting industry and more.”
The extensive all-star cast of more than 100 talented actors behind cartoon voices also features Matt Groening (The Simpsons), Seth Green (Robot Chicken, Family Guy), Tara Strong (The Powerpuff Girls, My Little Pony) and Jim Cummings (Winnie the Pooh).
Got a great cartoon voice impression? The “I Know That Voice” Cartoon Voice Imitation Contest is accepting submissions to its Facebook page until July 31, 2013, at 11:59 p.m. PST. The Top 3 submissions will be selected and personally announced by DiMaggio and the “I Know That Voice” team on August 5 and will win a copy of the DVD, signed by DiMaggio and a poster signed by some of the “I Know That Voice” star cast. Participants from across the globe are encouraged to post a 1-minute-or-less video to the Wall and must “Like” the page to be reviewed. Contestants can impersonate any cartoon(s) ever made.
Producer Tommy Reid said “I Know That Voice” will break new ground and give cartoon lovers of all ages and places a light-hearted, in-depth look into an industry that other films have only scratched the surface. “This documentary not only features the voices behind some of the world’s most beloved cartoons, but it also draws back the curtains into the lives of the unsung heroes whose voices have captivated millions of people’s hearts.”
The outspoken, unpredictable characters on the “I Know That Voice” panel will spill the news at San Diego Comic-Con on July 18, 2013, from 4:45-5:45 p.m., in Room 6BCF.
Follow the documentary on Instragram @iknowthatvoicemovie and #iknowthatvoice.
About the “I Know That Voice” Team
John Di Maggio, Tommy Reid and Lawrence Shapiro’s combined chemistry and strengths came together to form the groundbreaking “I Know That Voice” documentary. Stated by Tommy as “a true labor of love,” the film took two years to make, collected extensive interviews and compiled never-before-seen footage making “I Know That Voice” truly one-of-a-kind of its subject matter. Emmy-nominated and Annie award winner John Di Maggio is known for his iconic role as “Bender” in Futurama and “Jake the Dog” in Adventure Time, as well as his roles in The Penguins of Madagascar, Gears of War, Kim Possible and more. Tommy Reid is a renowned producer of films including Kill The Irishman, Americans, Superthief: Inside America’s Biggest Bank Score, Danny Greene: The Rise & Fall of the Irishman and Strike. “I Know That Voice” Director Lawrence Shapiro directed films including Jam in the Dam, Los Lobos, Kiko Live, The Marshall Tucker Band: Carolina Dreams Tour and Blue Cheer: Rocks Europe.
Come see the writers of Adult Swim’s “Robot Chicken” tell all in this night of storytelling on Tuesday April 16, 2013 at 7:00 pm. Are they as f*cked up as you think they are? Come to find out!
Rachel Bloom (Robot Chicken, Just for Laughs)
Matthew Beans (Robot Chicken, Mad)
Mehar Sethi (Robot Chicken, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia)
Erik Weiner (Robot Chicken, Boardwalk Empire)
Douglas Goldstein (Co-Head Writer of Robot Chicken)
Jason Reich (Robot Chicken, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart)
$8 online / $10 at the door
7522 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90046
Comments Off on CA – 501st Legion Induction
Kevin Shinick, creator and main voice talent for MAD, the hit Warner Bros. comedy series airing on Cartoon Network, will be inducted into the legendary 501st Legion on Wednesday, February 27, at Meltdown Comics at 7:00 PM. Shinick earned an Emmy® Award and three Annie Awards for his work as a writer/producer and voice talent on ROBOT CHICKEN, including a third this month for 2012′s ROBOT CHICKEN: DC COMICS SPECIAL. Shinick has written comics for both Marvel and DC, and is also an actor with recent appearances on GRIMM and David E. Kelley’s MONDAY MORNINGS. Shinick will be inducted into the legendary 501st Legion for his work on the ROBOT CHICKEN: STAR WARS specials and for his numerous MAD: STAR WARS parodies, including STAR WARS EARNED STRIPES, the reality series spoof that’s part of MAD’s upcoming season three finale airing Monday, March 4th at 8 pm on Cartoon Network. The Legion seeks to promote interest in STAR WARS through the building and wearing of quality costumes, and to facilitate the use of these costumes for STAR WARS-related events as well as contributions to the local community through costumed charity and volunteer work. Meltdown Comics is located at 7522 Sunset Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90046,(323) 851-7223.
Shinick proudly proclaims, “My happy place was definitely sitting in my room with a pile of comic books or in a darkened movie theatre watching films like STAR WARS,” and his early ambition led him to become a talented actor, writer/producer and showrunner who also creates his own projects and writes comic books. He starred in a slew of Broadway shows (thanks to his mentor, the late Tony Randall). He wrote the first SPIDER-MAN stage production that was a hit at Radio City Music Hall and subsequent sold-out 40-city tour. In 2012, he was Emmy ®-nominated in the same category he’d previously won but this time, for his own show, MAD. Shinick competed against himself at this month’s Annie Awards for both MAD and the RCDC, winning for the latter. Last fall, Shinick penned a two-issue arc of Avenging Spider-Man for Marvel comics. His humorous spin on the super hero featured Deadpool and the Hypno Hustler was a hit with both critics and fans. Shinick also spent two season as the host of PBS’ Emmy-winning series, WHERE IN TIME IS CARMEN SAN DIEGO?, a time traveling sci-fi quiz show that landed Shinick in teen magazines, onto trading cards and into his own action figure.
Now, the legendary 501st Legion inducts Shinick into their ranks. According to the 501st, “In appreciation of your contributions to the STAR WARS legacy, Kevin Shinick is welcomed as a honorary friend of 501st Legion fan organization. The Legion is an all-volunteer organization formed for the express purpose of bringing together costume enthusiasts under a collective identity within which to operate.
About the 501st Legion
The 501st Legion began in 1997 as a simple fan website called Detention Block 2551. Today, the term “501st” yields nearly one million results in a Google search. Among the 501st’s most notable events are annual appearances at Dragon*Con, San Diego Comic-Con, and Disney’s Star Wars Weekends. All 501st members operate on a volunteer basis, donating countless hours of their time to charity fundraisers throughout the world. The 501st Legion’s extensive list of Honorary Members includes the likes of Mark Hamill, James Earl Jones, Samuel L. Jackson, Seth Green and George Lucas himself. In 2002, the 501st Legion appeared on stage during a No Doubt concert as the band played their own striking rendition of the “Imperial March.” Among the biggest collectors of 501st t-shirts are Star Wars actors Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett) and Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca). Every 501st member is assigned a unique Legion ID number for life. Some members even have their number tattooed to show their passion for the Legion. Although Stormtroopers make up the majority of 501st members, other acceptable costumes types include villains such as Tusken Raiders, Bounty Hunters and Sith Lords. The 501st Legion’s worldwide ranks are organized into distinct units called Garrisons, Squads, and Outposts. An independent documentary film called “Heart of an Empire” premiered in 2007 chronicling the life and times of the Fighting 501st Legion. The 501st’s ongoing charity work includes such notable beneficiaries as the Ronald McDonald House, the Special Olympics, Toys for Tots, and the Make-A-Wish Foundation. The 501st Legion takes great pride in making dozens of hospital visits each year to brighten the lives of sick children. In 2005, LucasArts paid tribute to the 501st Legion by making them the central characters of the video game Star Wars: Battlefront II. In October 2005, starwars.com added the 501st Legion to its growing databank of officially-recognized characters with behind-the-scenes details recognizing the original fan organization. In 2006, Toy manufacturer Hasbro immortalized the 501st in plastic by producing an exclusive 501st Legion Stormtrooper action figure whose packaging was designed around the group’s popular trading card series. As early as 1998, the 501st Legion’s ranks included several female members dispelling the notion that a Star Wars costuming club would have a predominately male base. Today’s Legion boasts a 24% female membership. In July 2007, Lucasfilm and Hasbro produced an action figure of R2-KT, a pink Imperial droid honoring the memory of Katie Johnson, daughter of Legion Founder Albin Johnson. Subsequently, $100,000 was donated to the Make-A-Wish Foundation to make dreams come true for sick children. Emphasizing the fact that the 501st is a global organization, the Legion had an active member on each of the Earth’s seven continents in 2007—including a trooper stationed in Antarctica.
7522 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90046
Comments Off on Nikita, Green Lantern: The Animated Series, and Mad Set to Appear at NYCC 2011
Nikita, Green Lantern: The Animated Series And Mad Set To Appear At New York Comic Con 2011
Nikita Panel Featuring Maggie Q and World Premiere Screening of Green Lantern: The Animated Series Scheduled For Saturday, October 15
Burbank, CA | September 29, 2011
Start spreadin’ the news! Stars and producers of Nikita, Green Lantern: The Animated Series and MAD will all be a part of New York Comic Con 2011, as Warner Bros. Television and Warner Bros. Animation bring iconic stars and genre properties back to The Big Apple on Saturday, October 15 and Sunday, October 16.
- Nikita (Fridays 8/7c The CW) stars Maggie Q, Shane West and Lyndsy Fonseca, and producer Albert Kim will headline the show’s panel, screen a special highlight reel, discuss upcoming episodes from the show’s second season and answer questions from fans.
- After unveiling exclusive new footage at NYCC 2010, Warner Bros. Animation and executive producer Bruce Timm will present the world-premiere screening of the complete first episode of Green Lantern: The Animated Series (coming soon to Cartoon Network) during the show’s panel session.
- The team behind Warner Bros. Animation’s hit MAD animated television series (Mondays 8:45/7:45c Cartoon Network) and DC Comics’ MAD Magazine will explore the world of MAD and wisecrack their way through a Q&A with fans.
- For continuing information about the Studio’s plans at New York Comic Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom and use the #WBNYCC hashtag.
Here is the complete WBTV and WBA New York Comic Con schedule:
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15
- 10:30–11:30 a.m. Green Lantern: The Animated Series World Premiere Screening and Conversation with Bruce Timm — World-renowned producer, artist, animator and Comic Con favorite Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series) will be on hand to unveil Green Lantern: The Animated Series, his latest television project from Warner Bros. Animation, coming soon to Cartoon Network. New York Comic Con attendees will be treated to the world premiere screening of this all-new CG action-adventure animated series, and will take part in a moderated Q&A with an animation icon. Room 1A10
- 1:30–2:00 p.m. Green Lantern: The Animated Series Signing at the DC Comics booth #1254
- 2:45–3:45 p.m. Nikita Special Video Presentation and Q&A — Nikita returns to NYCC with series stars Maggie Q (Mission: Impossible 3), Shane West (ER) and Lyndsy Fonseca (Kick-Ass) joining producer Albert Kim to reveal classified video and information. The second season finds Nikita and Michael on the run with a black box containing the government’s darkest secrets. Leading the hunt for them is Alex … and she knows all of Nikita’s tricks. From Wonderland Sound and Vision in association with Warner Bros. Television, Nikita airs Fridays at 8/7c on The CW. Become a fan of the show on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/nikita and follow The CW on Twitter @CW_network. IGN Theater
- 5:30–6:00 p.m. Nikita Signing at the DC Comics booth #1254
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 16
- 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. MAD Signing at the DC Comics booth #1254
- 12:15–1:15 p.m. MAD Special Video Presentation and Q&A — MAD is more than just the best-selling humor magazine in the nation — it’s also the inspiration for the hit animated series from Warner Bros. Animation, now in its second season on Cartoon Network. Find out what’s happening with the Usual Gang of Idiots in this panel featuring MAD Magazine editor John Ficarra, art director Sam Viviano and MAD series producer Kevin Shinick. MAD airs Mondays at 8:45/7:45c on Cartoon Network. Room 1A24
SOCIAL MEDIA CONTACTS
The CW @CW_network — twitter.com/CW_network
Craig Silverstein @sesfonstein — twitter.com/sesfonstein
Albert Kim @MagicBranch — twitter.com/MagicBranch
Maggie Q @MaggieQ — twitter.com/MaggieQ
Shane West @shanewest_1 — twitter.com/shanewest_1
Lyndsy Fonseca @LyndsyMFonseca — twitter.com/LyndsyMFonseca
Melinda Clarke @therealmsclarke — twitter.com/therealmsclarke
Comments Off on WB TV Announces SDCC 2011 Schedule
29 DAYS, 23 HOURS, 15 MINUTES AND COUNTING…WARNER BROS. TELEVISION GROUP ANNOUNCES SCHEDULE FOR COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO
Stars and Producers of “The Big Bang Theory,” “Chuck,” “Fringe,” “Nikita,” “Supernatural,” “The Vampire Diaries,” “Alcatraz,” “Person of Interest,” “The Secret Circle,” “Childrens Hospital,” “Green Lantern: The Animated Series,” “The Looney Tunes Show,” “MAD,” “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated,” “ThunderCats” and “Young Justice” To Appear
Warner Bros. Entertainment’s Nearly 3,000-Square-Foot Booth to Host Signings, Special Events, Digitally Driven Fan Giveaways and More
BURBANK, Calif. (June 21, 2011, 10:45 AM PT: 29 days, 23 hours, 15 minutes until #WBSDCC) — The clock is ticking, and Comic-Con is right around the corner! By bringing 16 series to Comic-Con International: San Diego, Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) further strengthens its presence at the world’s leading pop culture convention — and will deliver a one-of-a-kind experience for fans in the process. The anticipation is building as a star-studded lineup of performers and producers from Warner Bros. Television and Warner Bros. Animation series prepare for a robust schedule of panel sessions, screenings, media appearances and autograph signings.
- For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter@TheWBdotcom, hashtag #WBSDCC, and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon
- For a complete social media contact list, including official Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for WBTVG series, talent and producers, download the social media contacts page here:www.thewb.com/comiccon/2011WBSDCCSocialMedia
PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change.
- “The Big Bang Theory”: Stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch join creators/executive producers Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady, and executive producer Steven Molaro
- “Chuck”: Stars Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Joshua Gomez, Ryan McPartlin, Mark Christopher Lawrence, Vik Sahay, Scott Krinsky with Sarah Lancaster and Adam Baldwin join co-creator/executive producer Chris Fedak for a panel to discuss the fan-favorite spy series’ final season
- “Fringe”: Stars Anna Torv, Lance Reddick, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole and John Noble join executive producers Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman
- “Nikita”: Stars Maggie Q, Shane West and Lyndsy Fonseca join executive producer Craig Silverstein
- “Supernatural”: Series stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles will topline the panel, held this year for the first time ever in Hall H. Additional cast members and executive producers to be announced.
- “The Vampire Diaries”: Stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Candice Accola and Joseph Morgan join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec
- “Childrens Hospital”: Star/executive producer Rob Corddry and executive producers Jonathan Stern join stars Malin Akerman, Lake Bell, Erinn Hayes, Rob Huebel and Megan Mullally
- “Alcatraz”: Stars Sarah Jones and Jorge Garcia join executive producer Elizabeth Sarnoff
- “Person of Interest”: Stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson and Taraji P. Henson join executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman
- “The Secret Circle”: Stars Britt Robertson, Thomas Dekker, Phoebe Tonkin and Natasha Henstridge join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson, Andrew Miller and Richard Hatem
WARNER BROS. ANIMATION
- “Green Lantern: The Animated Series”: Executive producer Bruce Timm will join producer Giancarlo Volpe and producer/story editor Jim Krieg for a panel moderated by executive producer/Warner Bros. Animation’s Sam Register
- “The Looney Tunes Show”: Supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone, story editor Hugh Davidson and writer Rachel Ramras
- “MAD”: “MAD” television show producers Kevin Shinick and Mark Marek, along with MADmagazine editor John Ficarra, art director Sam Viviano and “Spy vs. Spy” artist Peter Kuper
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: Supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone and producer Mitch Watson
- “ThunderCats”: Producers Michael Jelenic and Ethan Spaulding, and art director Dan Norton
- “Young Justice”: Producers Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman, and lead character designer Phil Bourassa
Download additional panel details, including the complete schedule with times and locations, here:www.thewb.com/comiccon/2011WBSDCCPanels
And it wouldn’t be Comic-Con without a visit to the Warner Bros. booth. The Studio will once again have a can’t-miss, nearly 3,000-square-foot destination on the convention floor, at space #4545. Anchored by the iconic Warner Bros. Water Tower, the booth is a must-visit location for autograph signings, multiple interactive kiosks for fans to play video games from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, and much, much more. Stay tuned to @TheWBdotcom on Twitter orwww.thewb.com/comiccon in the coming weeks for more details about activities at the booth.
SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK PILOT SCREENINGS
WEDNESDAY, JULY 20 • 6–9 PM • BALLROOM 20
WBTVG continues its Comic-Con tradition of hosting a special sneak peek premiere event on preview night. This year, the Studio is offering fans the opportunity to see some of the most anticipated new premieres of the year.
- “Alcatraz”: Executive producers J.J. Abrams and Elizabeth Sarnoff deliver a chilling new midseason drama for FOX revolving around America’s most infamous prison, the one-time home to the nation’s worst murderers, rapists, kidnappers, thieves and arsonists.
- “The Secret Circle”: The ordinary becomes extraordinary in this romantic drama about a coven of young witches, from “The Vampire Diaries” executive producer Kevin Williamson, based upon the book series by L.J. Smith (“The Vampire Diaries”).
- “Person of Interest”: From J.J. Abrams and “The Dark Knight” co-writer Jonathan Nolan comes an action-packed hour for CBS about an ex-CIA operative and a mysterious billionaire who team up to stop violent crimes before they happen in New York City.
- “Supernatural: The Anime Series”: The popular series “Supernatural” makes history this summer as the first-ever live-action show to be re-imagined in Japanese anime style. Renowned animation studio Madhouse — working with the full approval of series creator Eric Kripke — produced the anime series, which mirrors the story arc of “Supernatural’s” first two seasons, providing supplemental stories ranging from prequels and spin-offs to untold tales that fit within the “Supernatural” mythology.
THE TV SERIES SCHEDULE
FRIDAY, JULY 22
- “MAD”: 10:00–11:00 a.m., Room 25ABC
- “The Big Bang Theory”: 12:30–1:30 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Childrens Hospital”: 1:30–2:20 p.m., Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- “Green Lantern: The Animated Series”: 2:00–3:00 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “ThunderCats”: 3:30–4:30 p.m., Room 6A
SATURDAY, JULY 23
- “Chuck”: 10:00–10:45 a.m., Ballroom 20
- “The Vampire Diaries”: 3:30–4:15 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Fringe”: 4:15–5:00 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Alcatraz”: 5:00–6:00 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “The Secret Circle”: 5:10–6:00 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “Nikita”: 6:00–6:45 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “Person of Interest”: 6:45–7:30 p.m., Room 6BCF
SUNDAY, JULY 24
- “Young Justice”: 10:00–11:00 a.m., Room 7AB
- “Supernatural”: 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m., Hall H
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: 1:00–2:00 p.m., Room 6A
- “The Looney Tunes Show”: 2:15–3:15 p.m., Room 6A
Come meet Sergio Aragones, a cartoonist and writer best known for his profuse contributions to MAD Magazine. Now you can enjoy his greatest work from his debut with MAD in 1963 to the present in his new book, MAD’s Greatest Artists: Sergio Aragones: Five Decades of His Finest Works, and have him personally autograph it.
Friday November 17, 2010 at 7:00 PM
Barnes & Noble
Ventura Gateway, 4820 Telephone Road, Ventura, CA 93003
Comments Off on Warner Bros TV Group Taking 14 Series to SDCC 2010
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION GROUP MAKES COMIC-CON 2010 ITS BIGGEST EVER, HEADING FOR SAN DIEGO WITH A STUDIO-RECORD 14 SERIES
Stars and Producers of “The Big Bang Theory,” “Chuck,” “Fringe,” “Human Target,” “Nikita,” “Smallville,” “Supernatural,” “V,” “The Vampire Diaries,” “Childrens Hospital,” “Unnatural History,” “Batman: The Brave and the Bold,” “MAD” and “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated” to Appear
Warner Bros. Entertainment’s Nearly 3,000-Square-Foot Booth to Host Signings, Video Game Demos, Numerous Giveaways and More During the Convention
BURBANK, Calif. (June 29, 2010) – Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) is returning to Comic-Con International: San Diego in unprecedented fashion in 2010. A star-studded lineup of performers, producers and other members of the creative teams of a record 14 series from Warner Bros. Television, Warner Horizon Television and Warner Bros. Animation will be on-hand for panel sessions, screenings, media appearances and autograph signings. This will mark the largest contingent of talent from WBTVG ever assembled for the world’s leading pop culture convention. (In 2009, WBTVG featured 12 television series at Comic-Con.)
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom, hashtag #WBSDCC. For the second year in a row, WBTVG will also produce a Con-related online destination at www.thewb.com/comiccon, launching in mid-July. For a complete social media contact list, including official Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for WBTVG series, talent and producers, download the social media contacts page here:
Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend include:
“The Big Bang Theory”: Stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar join creators/executive producers Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady for a session moderated by Wil Wheaton
“Chuck”: Stars Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Joshua Gomez, Ryan McPartlin, Mark Christopher Lawrence, Vik Sahay, Scott Krinsky, with Sarah Lancaster and Adam Baldwin join creators/executive producers Josh Schwartz and Chris Fedak
“Fringe”: Stars Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble, Lance Reddick, Blair Brown and Jasika Nicole join executive producers Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman
“Human Target”: Stars Mark Valley, Chi McBride and Jackie Earle Haley join executive producer Matthew Miller
“Nikita”: Stars Maggie Q (“Mission: Impossible III”), Shane West (“ER”) and Lyndsy Fonseca (“Kick-Ass”) join executive producer Craig Silverstein (“Bones”)
“Smallville”: Series stars to be announced join executive producers Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson
“Supernatural”: Series stars to be announced join executive producers Sera Gamble and Ben Edlund, and creator/executive producer Eric Kripke
“V”: Stars Elizabeth Mitchell, Morris Chestnut, Joel Gretsch, Logan Huffman, Laura Vandervoort, Charles Mesure, with Morena Baccarin and Scott Wolf join executive producers Scott Rosenbaum and Steve Pearlman
“The Vampire Diaries”: Stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Michael Trevino and Matt Davis join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec
“Childrens Hospital”: Creator/executive producer/star Rob Corddry (“Hot Tub Time Machine,” “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart”) and executive producer Jon Stern (“The Ten,” “Scotland, PA”) join series stars Lake Bell (“How to Make It in America”), Erinn Hayes (“Parenthood,” “Worst Week”) and Rob Huebel (“Human Giant”). A website for the series will go live July 6 here: www.adultswim.com/shows/childrenshospital
“Unnatural History”: Stars Kevin G. Schmidt (“Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel”), Jordan Gavaris (“Degrassi: The Next Generation”), Italia Ricci (“Greek”) and Martin Donovan (“Weeds”) join creator/executive producer Mike Werb
“Batman: The Brave and the Bold”: Voice of Batman Diedrich Bader joins executive producer Sam Register, producers James Tucker and Michael Jelenic, and voice director Andrea Romano
“MAD”: New “MAD” animated television series producer/story editor Kevin Shinick (“Robot Chicken”) and Warner Bros. Animation executive Peter Girardi join MAD Magazine editor John Ficarra, art director Sam Viviano, legendary artist Sergio Aragones and contemporary artist Tom Richmond
“Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: Supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone join producer Mitch Watson and art director Dan Krall
For additional panel details, including the complete schedule with times and locations, please download the addendum word document here:
Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing is once again launching www.thewb.com/comiccon, designed to provide fans with a one-stop-shopping source for Warner Bros. Entertainment (WBE) information as they plan their Comic-Con experience, as well as to serve as a must-visit destination for fans to attend the Con in virtual fashion, if they are unable to travel to San Diego this year.
New content related to Comic-Con 2010 – including exclusive video and an advance schedule of panels, signings and screenings from all divisions of WBE – will be launching in mid-July.
Photos and exclusive behind-the-scenes video from Comic-Con 2010 will be posted to the site throughout the duration of the convention.
Highlights from Comic-Con 2009 can be viewed at the site now, including more than 30 behind-the-scenes video reports from the convention floor, the Studio’s booth, panel sessions, signings and more.
Warner Bros. Entertainment (WBE) will once again have a can’t-miss, nearly 3,000-square-foot booth on the convention floor, this time in a brand-new location: space #4545. As usual, the booth will host autograph signings by the stars and creative teams of all WBTVG shows, with multiple interactive kiosks for fans to play video games from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, and much, much more. Additional details about the booth will be released in the coming weeks.
THE TV SERIES SCHEDULE
WEDNESDAY, JULY 21
Special Sneak Peek Pilot Screenings: WBTVG continues its Comic-Con tradition of hosting a three-hour special sneak peek premiere event on preview night, this year offering fans two opportunities to screen one of the fall season’s most highly anticipated new series: “Nikita,” starring international action star Maggie Q. In addition to “Nikita,” WBTVG will unveil special video presentations related to its other series.
THURSDAY, JULY 22
New series “Childrens Hospital”: Screening multiple new episodes in session
FRIDAY, JULY 23
“Batman: The Brave and the Bold”: Screening complete never-before-seen new episode in session and unveiling the trailer of the upcoming new animated series “Young Justice”
“The Big Bang Theory”|
SATURDAY, JULY 24
New animated series “MAD”
New series “Nikita”: Screening complete pilot in session
“The Vampire Diaries”
SUNDAY, JULY 25
New animated series “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: Screening full-length, never-before-seen new episode in session
New series “Unnatural History”: Screening full-length, never-before-seen new episode in session