Lloyd Kaufman, Gabriela Fuhr, and Stefan Dezil appear at Dark Delicacies to sign Return to Nuke ‘em High, Vol 1 (Blu Ray) on March 30th at 2:00 p.m.
3512 W. Magnolia, Burbank, CA 91505
Lloyd Kaufman signs at Forbidden Planet on Thursday May 24th at 7:30pm!
Toxic Tapeheads Rejoice! This killer collector’s edition VHS of the Toxic Avenger is limited to only 300 copies, comes on a nuclear green tape and comes in a classic oversized Big Box with a hard Clamshell case inside. Forbidden Planet is proud to play host again to Lloyd Kaufman and the Troma crew. Watch as the citizens of Tromaville take over our Union Square location. Be one of the first to own this one of a kind piece of Tromabilla and have Lloyd sign it himself! Who knows maybe even Toxie himself will slime a few autographs!
840 Broadway, New York, NY 10003
STAN LEE EXTENDS HIS APPEARANCE AT THE ALBUQUERQUE COMIC EXPO
ALBUQUERQUE, NM – June 20th, 2011 Due to overwhelming demand from the public, and the support of thousands of dedicated fans, the Albuquerque Comic Expo is pleased to announce that Stan Lee will be extending his appearance through Sunday, June 26th. Mr. Lee will continue his signing appearance that was originally scheduled for Saturday, June 25th only through Sunday, allowing the public a better chance of meeting the comic book legend.
Stan Lee is the Founder, Chairman and Chief Creative Officer of POW! Entertainment, LLC. Stan Lee’s famous co-creations include Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, X-Men, The Fantastic Four and Iron Man among many others. Lee, known to millions as the man who’s Super Heroes propelled Marvel Comics to its preeminent position in the comic book industry, first became publisher of Marvel Comics in 1972.
The Albuquerque Comic Expo is the Southwest’s premier comic book, pop culture, and entertainment convention. Mr. Lee will join a host of other comic book professionals and celebrities, such as LeVar Burton and Marina Sirtis (Star Trek), Peter Mayhew and Jeremy Bulloch (Star Wars), Lloyd Kaufman (Toxic Avenger), and Nicholas Brendon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer).
The Albuquerque Comic Expo takes place June 24th, 25th, and 26th at the Albuquerque Convention Center. For more information, visit the Expo’s website at www.abqcomicexpo.com.
Director Gregory Lamberson, stars Debbie Rochon and Mary Hunter-Bogle and special guest Lloyd Kaufman sign at Forbidden Planet on Friday May 13, 2011 at 7:30pm.
840 Broadway, New York, NY 10003
|Albuquerque Comic Expo|
|Convention Website Address|
|This convention will take place:|
|About This Convention|
|The Albuquerque Comic Expo is the southwest’s newest and most exciting comic book, pop culture, and entertainment convention! Taking place June 24th-26th, 2011, ACE features an impressive guest list of over 40 comic book, celebrity, and media guests.
Featuring a special appearance by comic book legend Stan Lee!
|Venue Name and Address|
|Albuquerque Convention Center
401 2nd Street NW
Albuquerque, NM 87102
|Number of Dealer/Exhibitor Tables|
|Please select the Category that best describes the convention|
|Stan Lee, LeVar Burton, Marina Sirtis, Ben Templesmith, Doug Jones, Ernie Hudson, Michael Golden, Lloyd Kaufman, Jeremy Bulloch, Peter Mayhew, Jim Kelly, Richard Hatch, Arthur Suydam, Aaron Campbell, Ale Garza, Gene Ha, Andy Kuhn,James O’Barr, Joe Jusko, Mitch Brietweiser, Whilce Portacio, Tony Harris, Jill Thompson, Tim Seeley|
Rainn Wilson, James Gunn, and more screen SUPER at several theaters this week!
Monday, March 28
SUPER Screening with James Gunn Intro and Q & A at 7:30 pm
Open to the Public: First-come-first-served (get there early!)
The Brattle Theater
40 Brattle Street, Cambridge, MA
Tuesday, March 29
SUPER Apple Store Event with James Gunn, hosted by USA Today’s Whitney Matheson
Discussion and Q&A at 6:00 pm
Open to everyone!
103 Prince St, New York, NY
Corner of Greene
Wednesday, March 30
NEW YORK CITY
SUPER Screening hosted by Jason Reitman, with James Gunn, Kevin Bacon, Liv Tyler, Lloyd Kaufman, and perhaps some others in attendance.
Open to IFC Film Center members and friends and family (sold out).
IFC Film Center
323 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY
Thursday, March 31
UCLA On-Campus Screening of SUPER with a Q & A by James Gunn at 8:00 pm
Open to UCLA Students Only
Ackerman Grand Ballroom
308 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA
Friday, April 1
Q & A after 7:40pm screening of SUPER with James Gunn and Doug Benson
Introduction of the 10:15pm show with James Gunn
Laemmle Sunset 5
8000 Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood, CA
Landmark Embarcadero Theatre, One Embarcadero Center, Promenade Level
Rainn Wilson appearance at SUPER screenings
Q&A after 7:30pm show
Introduction for 10:00pm show
Sarturday, April 2
WONDERCON Panel with Rainn Wilson and James Gunn
Landmark Embarcadero Theatre, One Embarcadero Center, Promenade Level
James Gunn appearance at SUPER screenings
Q&A after 7:30pm show
Introduction for 10:00pm show
Sunday, April 3
Nerdist Podcast at Meltdown Comics with James Gunn and Chris Hardwicke at 8pm
7522 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
You must have a ticket stub from a specific TBD Sunday SUPER screening to gain entry – more information will be released soon on this grand event.
Friday, April 15
James Gunn in attendance for the opening night of SUPER followed by a Q & A.
The Tivoli Theater
6350 Delmar Boulevard, Saint Louis, MO 63130
Comic-Con International – Independent Film Festival Announces 2010 Slate
SAN DIEGO – Comic-Con International, the largest comic book convention in the Western Hemisphere, today announced official selections for its 2010 Independent Film Festival. The festival is held in conjunction with the convention from July 22 to 25.
Filmmaker Lloyd Kaufman (Troma Studios), magazine publisher/filmmaker Kerry O’Quinn (Starlog, Fangoria), and animator Mike Roush (Metalocalypse) are this year’s judges for films in competition. The films selected have no current distribution deals in place.
“The film festival is a valued part of the convention from both the fans’ and Comic-Con’s perspective,” said David Glanzer, Comic-Con’s director of marketing and public relations. “It continues to be our privilege to offer independent filmmakers this platform to showcase their unique artistic voices.”
In all, 42 features and shorts will compete in seven categories: Action/Adventure, Animation, Comics-Oriented, Documentary, Horror/Suspense, Humor and Science Fiction/Fantasy. Schedules permitting, many films will have a member of the production company on hand to discuss their project and answer questions from the audience.
A complete schedule for the festival, held at the San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina, is available at Comic-Con.org. Official selections include:
The Action Hero’s Guide to Saving Lives
Director: Justin Lutsky
The Danger Element
Director: John Soares
Director: Phil Tippett
Death Row Diet
Directors: Mike Salva/Tom Snyder
Director: Rob Silvestri
Director: Andres Salaff
The Mouse That Soared
Director: Kyle Bell
Vive Le Crise!
Director: Alexi Gubenco
Little Old Ladies
Director: John Varvir
The Way to Heaven
Directors: Dalton Grant/Mier Tang
Directors: Marianna Shek and Timothy Bond
The Cow Who Wanted to Be a Hamburger
Director: Bill Plympton
Director: Mike Doto
Director: Heather Donnell
Director: Jared Billings
Director: Lucas Testro
Director: Kyle Higgins
Director: Susan Lee
Director: Marcello Rubino
Comic Book Literacy
Director: Todd Kent
The Vinyl Frontier
Director: Daniel Zana
Director: Jeff Malmberg
New Brow: Contemporary Underground Art
Director: Tanem Davidson
Director: Ryan Spindell
Director: Tim Russ
Things We Leave Behind
Director: Andrew Brand
Death in the Garden
Director: Michael Chrisoulakis
The Price to Pay
Director: Paul Gayard
Director: Mark Millhone
Director: Ryan Silbert
Director: Justin Spurlock
The New Dad’s Survival Guide
Director: Michael Chew
Director: Joe Gallina
Directors: The Cox Brothers
Director: Sean-Michael Smith
Director: Nathaniel Atcheson
Science Fiction/Fantasy Category
Director: Marco van Belle
Directors: The Shumway Brothers
Director: Sandy Collora
Director: Cory McAbee
A Time for the Heart
Director: Christopher Allen
I (Heart) Doomsday
Director: Patrick Downing
About Comic-Con International:
Comic-Con International is a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to creating awareness of, and appreciation for, comics and related popular art forms, primarily through the presentation of conventions and events that celebrate the historic and ongoing contribution of comics to art and culture. In addition to its San Diego convention each summer, Comic-Con International organizes the San Francisco-based WonderCon each spring and the Alternative Press Expo each fall.
Sunday, Feb 28th at 1 to 5 pm: Bleed for Haiti
Scream Queens Devanny Pinn and Tara Cardinal will be hosting: “BLEED FOR HAITI!” Benefit.
Women in Horror’s Los Angeles Blood Drive
We’re Women in Horror, of course we’ll bleed for a cause. And this time you can bleed too. Join celebrities and fans from all genres as they come together to support the Haitian people. Victims of the earthquakes need our continued support in rebuilding their lives, please donate blood, funds, clothing or canned goods. No contribution is too big or too small.
Confirmed Reps from:
The Weinstein Co, Nu Image, New Films International, Fangoria, Troma, Horror News, Paradigm Talent Agency, Fatally Yours, American Horrors, Flick Direct, The Joe Flin Show and many more!
Confirmed Appearances by:
James Gunn (Writer. Dawn of the Dead/ Scooby Doo), Kelly Stables (The Ring), Dai Green (Horror News), Adam Weisman (Halloween), Rolfe Kanefsky (Dir. Nightmare Man), Patrick Durham (Prod. Cabin Fever 2), Christian Boeving (Muscle and Fitness), Lloyd Kaufman (Troma), Samantha Ryan (Hustler’s March 2010), Frank Garrity (Millionaire Matchmaker), Megan Franich (30 Days of Night), Melissa Bacelar (Pink Eye), James Quattrochi (Prod. The Prince and the Pauper) Bianca Barnett (Albino Farm), Elina Madison (Barracuda), Elissa Dowling (Black Dahlia), Kenn Scott (Teenage Mutant Nina Turtles), Morgan Benoit (Forbidden Kingdom) Corey Soria (Dir. Grub Girl/ Danzig), DeeDee Bigalow (The Perfect Serial Killer), Adriel Dandridge (MTV’s Party Monsters Cabo), Hart Fisher (American Horrors), Steven Deknight (Writer. Spartacus/Buffy/ Angel)
Dark Delicacies, 4213 W. Burbank Blvd, Burbank, CA 91505
818-556-6660 / 888-darkdel
Red carpet services are being provided by event sponsors Comic Book Divas and Troma Entertainment. Troma also has DVDs autographed by Lloyd Kaufman to be given to the first few people who donate.
Everyone who gives blood will get a free pint of Baskin Robbins Ice Cream courtesy of the Baskin Robbins Pint for a Pint program.
If you cannot donate blood, please still come out! We are also accepting cash, canned food and clothing donations.
NEW DATES, FIRST GUESTS & MORE ANNOUNCED FOR FLORIDA SUPERCON 2010
South Florida’s Comic Book, Anime, Animation, Video Game and Sci-Fi / Fantasy Festival returns JUNE 18-20, 2010
Miami, FL – Florida Supercon (FSC) returns to Miami for its 5th year as it takes over the entire Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Convention Center. South Florida’s Comic Book, Anime, Animation, Video Game and Sci-Fi / Fantasy Festival is set for Friday, June 18 through Sunday, June 20, 2010. The 5th FSC will be the largest yet, with almost 150,000 square feet of event space, plus more guest celebrities and artists than ever before!
Florida Supercon is a three day festival that includes celebrity guests, comic book publishers, artists, writers, vendors, Q&A’s, parties, costume contests, anime programming, cosplay, panels, photo shoots, live music, video games and more. The event kicks off at 12:00PM, Friday, June 18 and the fun continues almost around the clock until 6:00PM, Sunday, June 20.
Ticket, Vendor, Artist and Exhibitor information is available now online at www.floridasupercon.com
Over 30 guests have already been lined up for FSC 2010, including Comic Book guests: Bill Sienkiewicz, Dennis Calero, Dick Giordano, Joe Jusko, Clayton Henry, Fred Van Lente, Allen Bellman, Georges Jeanty, Pat Broderick, Kristen Sorra, Derec Donovan, Tom Gordon III, Pat Bastienne, Rob Hunter, Alex Saviuk, Terry Cronin, Pat Martin, Ricky Carralero, Ralph Cabrera, Greg Kirkpatrick and Media guests: Lloyd Kaufman (Troma Entertainment), MC Frontalot (Musical Guest), Brittney Karbowski (Anime Voice Actress), Christopher Smith (Anime Voice Actor), Dana Snyder (Voice Actor), plus the cast of Peanuts/Charlie Brown: Brad Kesten (Charlie Brown), Angela Lee-Sloan (Lucy) and Stacy Heather Tolkin (Sally).
More guests will be announced in the coming weeks and months as we get closer to the show.
For a detailed schedule and updates visit: www.floridasupercon.com
The convention hours of operation are:
FRIDAY, JUNE 18: 12:00PM – 2:00AM
SATURDAY, JUNE 19: 11:00AM – 2:00AM
SUNDAY, JUNE 20: 11:00AM – 6:00PM
The Double Tree Miami Airport Hotel & convention center is located at 711 NW 72nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126. The Double Tree has almost 150,000 square feet of total convention space to accommodate the growing attendance of Florida Supercon. The Doubletree Hotel will be extending a special rate of $99 per night for hotel rooms. See our website www.floridasupercon.com for details.
Fan-demonium to Reach an All-Time High at 15th Annual Fan Expo Canada 2009
Leonard Nimoy, Linda Hamilton, Lou Ferrigno, and Bruce Campbell among the star-studded line-up at this year’s event
July 9, 2009, Toronto, ON – Expect to see a surge of Vulcans, Storm Troopers, Zombies, Dragonballers and other strange and wonderful characters across the city as Toronto hosts the largest combined gaming, horror, comic, science fiction and anime event in the country. The 15th annual Fan Expo Canada takes place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building on August 28-30, 2009.
Owned and operated by Hobby Star Marketing, Fan Expo Canada offers fans of every genre the chance to meet their favourite celebrities and pop culture heroes at autograph and photo sessions; participate in informational workshops with industry experts offering advice, tips and portfolio reviews; and shop for exclusive Fan Expo offers, collectables and memorabilia from more than 600 vendors.
“By offering unique experiences and opportunities to interact with icons, industry leaders, and other enthusiastic fans, Fan Expo delivers a signature event in Canada that satisfies fans’ cravings like no other,” says Aman Gupta, President of Hobby Star Marketing. “For the past 15 years Fan Expo Canada has been the only event to bring this level of fandom to Toronto and Fan Expo Canada 2009 will bring even more to visitors than ever before with incredible limited edition offers, the widest range of industry merchandise available, and appearances by genre demi-gods.”
Hobby Star Marketing Inc. was founded in 1992 and has quickly become one of Canada’s premiere sports and entertainment marketing companies. Since its inception, Hobby Star Marketing has secured a niche in the industry by specializing in professional sport and entertainment celebrity placement at a variety of venues and events.
SPECIAL CELEBRITY GUESTS:
SFX Science Fiction Expo, in association with SPACE – the official National Cable Broadcast Sponsor, guest list:
- LEONARD NIMOY – The legendary Mr. Spock of Star Trek
- LINDA HAMILTON – Sarah Connor celebrating the 25th Anniversary of The Terminator
- BILLY DEE WILLIAMS – Lando Calrissian of the Star Wars feature films
- BEAU BRIDGES – Major General Hank Landry of Stargate SG-1
- THOMAS DEKKER – John Connor of Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles
- MARY MCDONNELL – President Laura Roslin of Battlestar Galactica
- JAMES KYSON LEE – Ando of Heroes
- AVERY BROOKS – Captain Benjamin Sisko of Star Trek Deep Space Nine
- WALTER KOENIG – Pavel Chekov of Star Trek
- ROBERT DUNCAN MCNEILL – Tom Paris of Star Trek Voyager
- LOU FERRIGNO – The Incredible Hulk
- DAVE THOMAS – Doug of Bob and Doug McKenzie brothers
- LARRY THOMAS – Seinfeld’s “Soup Nazi”
- TONY CURTIS – Legendary actor and Hollywood Icon
The Comic Book Expo guest list:
- JOE QUESADA – Editor In Chief Marvel Comics
- DAN DIDIO – Senior VP DC Comics
- CHRIS BACHALO – Legendary Artist
- MIKE DEODATO JR.- Artist Dark Avengers
- ETHAN VAN SCIVER – Artist of Flash Rebirth
- J MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI – Award winning writer
- STEVE MCNIVEN – Artist of Wolverine
- IVAN REIS – Artist of Green Lantern & The Blackest Night – Rare appearance!
- TERRY DODSON – Artist of Uncanny X-Men
- DAVID FINCH – Artist of Ultimatum
- OLIVIER COIPEL – Artist of Thor
- MATT FRACTION – Writer of Uncanny X-Men and Invincible Ironman
- MARKO DJURDJEVIC – Acclaimed Marvel Cover Artist & Thor
- LEN WEIN – Legendary Creator of Wolverine & Swamp Thing
- DARWYN COOKE – Artist of DC The New Frontier
- DALE EAGLESHAM – Artist of upcoming Fantastic Four
- BILL SIENKIEWICZ – Legendary Artist
- STUART IMMONNEN – Artist of New Avengers
- GEORGES JEANTY – Artist of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- RICHARD ISANOVE – Artist of Stephen King’s Dark Tower
- MIKE CHOI – Artist of X-Force
- DOUG SNEYD – Legendary Playboy Cartoonist
The Festival of Fear Horror Expo, sponsored by Rue Morgue Magazine, guest list:
- BRUCE CAMPBELL – Legendary Film Actor
- ROGER CORMAN – Legendary Director
- UDO KEIR – Acclaimed Actor
- BARBARA STEELE – Emmy Award-Winning Actress
- TOM SAVINI – FX Master and Actor
- ROBERT HALL – Award winning make up artist
- JAMES DUVAL – Acclaimed Horror Film Actor
- MAX BROOKS – Author Of The Zombie Survival Guide
- ART HINDLE – Acclaimed actor
- KELLEY ARMSTRONG – Best Selling Horror Author
- JACK KETCHUM – Best Selling Horror Author
- LLOYD KAUFMAN – Producer – Toxic Avenger
The CNAnime Expo celebrity guest list:
- SCOTT MCNEIL – voice star of Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragonball Z
- CRISPIN FREEMAN – voice star of Naruto, Eureka Seven, Ghost In the Shell
- BRAD SWAILE – voice star of Death Note, Mobile Suit Gundam
- AARON DISMUKE – voice star of Fullmetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood
- COLLEEN CLINKENBEARD – voice star of Fullmetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood
- MONICA RIAL – voice star of Kiddy Grade, Noir, Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE
- BRINA PALENCIA – voice star of Claymore, Romeo A Juliet
- DEREK STEPHEN PRINCE – voice star of Bleach, Digimon
The GX – Gaming Expo, sponsored by Zellers & G4 Tech TV, celebrity guest list:
- STEVE DOWNES – Voice of Master Chief in the HALO video game series
- VICTOR LUCAS – Creator / Producer / Host of Electric Playground
- ED GREENWOOD – Creator / Author of Forgotten Realms
- JESS HARTLEY – Editor / Developer of White Wolf Publishing
- PIETER VAN HIEL – Role playing game Author of Sanguine Productions
- JONATHAN LAVALLEE – President of Firestorm Ink gaming publisher
- C.A. SULEIMAN – Director of Development CM Publishing
- MALCOLM SHEPPARD – Role playing game Author of White Wolf
Gaming fans will have the opportunity to take part in dozens of official tournaments, play new games, win prizes, meet with industry experts, attend seminars and view upcoming products.
- Canada’s largest Masquerade Costume Contest on Saturday, Aug. 29
- Industry Professional workshops for the public
- Millions of dollars of collectibles and memorabilia for sale
- Celebrity Q&A’s plus autograph and photo opportunities
- More than 600 commercial exhibitors and retailers offering a full range of pop culture and entertainment themed merchandise including comic books, toys, collectibles, games, videos, and more!
- Tons of costumed characters from your favourite TV shows & movies
- Introducing a reusable shopping tote, made from 100% recycled materials and designed specifically for fans to take their goodies home
- Exclusive show merchandise including:
- MEGAN FOX photo cover variant for issue one TRANSFORMERS: TALES OF THE FALLEN comic book – Limited to only 1000 copies
- STAR TREK: NERO comic, issue number one, “Spock Variant” edition – Limited to 1000 copies
- ULTIMATE AVENGERS comic #1, “Sketch cover variant” edition (Limited to 1500 copies)
- GREEN LANTERN: BLACKEST NIGHT Art Lithograph (Limited to 1500 copies) free and only available when you purchase a Fan Expo Premium Package
Stay tuned to www.fanexpocanada.com for more additions to this exciting line-up…
WHEN: AUGUST 28 – 30, 2009
Friday, August 28th 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 29th 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 30th 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
WHERE: Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building
222 Bremner Blvd. Toronto, Ontario
TICKETS: Basic Adult Day Pass $25.00
Kids under 12 years old are FREE when accompanied by an adult
See website for further details
SPECIAL EVENT TICKETS: Some celebrity presentations are specially ticketed events – for dates, times and prices, please call Ticketmaster (416) 872-7777 or visit www.fanexpocanada.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT www.fanexpocanada.com