Spooky Empire’s May-Hem rolls out this Memorial Day Weekend (May 25-27) at the Wyndham Orlando Resort.
Guests include Linda Hamilton, Ace Frehley, Joey Lauren Adams, Vivica A. Fox, Verne Troyer and a Addams Family Reunion with John Astin, Lisa Loring and Felix Silva.
Tickets can be purchased here!
Sneak peak at the program cover with art by Ed Bach!
for more information on Guests and events check out Spooky Empire’s website!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Spooky Empire’s May-Hem convention is less than 4 weeks away….are you ready for, well…the Mayhem?!!
Orlando, FL – May 4, 2012 – The show is looking to be an epic event, their last one at the Wyndham, and Spooky Empire wants everyone to join them in bidding farewell to their favorite venue as only they know how.
There is an amazing line up of celebrity guests in store at May-Hem this year, most of which have never appeared at a Spooky Empire event! It’s a never-ending list of heavy hitters, sure to please fans of all kinds. Guests will be available for meet and greets and autograph signings all weekend!
Some of the guests appearing are Linda Hamilton, best known for her role as “Sarah Connor” in The Terminator, as well as the TV series “Beauty and The Beast” and more recently “Chuck”. Vivica A. Fox of “Kill Bill Vol. 1”, “Independence Day” and “Batman & Robin” and Verne Troyer of the “Austin Powers” films and “The Love Guru”. Cathy Moriarty of the classic “Raging Bull” as well as “Casper” and “Analyze That”. Plus a very last minute addition, James Marsters most well known as Spike from “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”.
For all of you KISS fans out there, here’s your chance to meet the one and only Ace Frehley, original guitarist of the legendary band!
There will be an “Addams Family” reunion featuring John Astin “Gomez Addams”, Lisa Loring “Wednesday Addams” and Felix Silla and “Cousin Itt”.
Roddy Piper will be making a return appearance to Spooky Empire, not only for autographs, but to perform his live “one man show” This performance will require a separate ticket in addition to your admission. Tickets for Roddy’s show are $10 and are available in advance online.
From the hit new TV series “The Walking Dead”, films Mallrats and Henry:Portrait of a Serial Killer, Michael Rooker will be appearing. Also from “The Walking Dead” is Madison Lintz who played “Sophia” in the hit show. Stars of the TV series Charmed, Holly Marie Combs, Brian Krause, and Michael Bailey Smith. Holly Marie Combs currently stars on the hit new show “Pretty Little Liars”, Brian Krause is also known for his role in Sleepwalkers., and Michael Bailey Smith has appeared in Buffy and The Hills Have Eyes 1 & 2. Also making a rare convention appearance is Joey Lauren Adams best known for her roles in films Chasing Amy, Big Daddy, Dazed & Confused and many more.
To round off the guest list is Kristanna Loken of Terminator 3, Monica Keena of Freddy vs Jason, and Oliver Robins from Poltergeist, plus legendary rock goddess Lita Ford, Marc Price from the film Trick or Treat, and Mackenzie Lintz of the hit new movie based on the bestseller The Hunger Games.
May-Hem is not just about the guests, there are some memorable events lined up as well. For the first time at May-Hem, Spooky Empire will be hosting their Zombie Walk in memory of the late Bill Hinzman!
The Mucklebones Monster Museum will be set up throughout the weekend inside the hotel. This is an exclusive Spooky Empire event! Spooky Empire’s Tattoo Festival will also be in place featuring over 25 of the country’s best artists. Check out the website to make your appointments now.
Of course there is the huge vendor room loaded with merchandise, collectibles and artists, tons of panels and Q&As, and no one can forget the notorious pool parties with live bands!
If you haven’t already booked your room for May-Hem, do it soon! Rooms are just $85 per night, and are going fast! Reach Wyndham reservations at 1-800-421-8001, and mention “Spooky Empire” to get the special rate. Tickets are still available, one day passes are $30- $35, and $50 gets you in all three days! VIP packages are available but going fast! Both are available on the website.
Spooky Empire announced their first guests for their May-Hem show on May 25-27.
They are biggies too. Announced so far are Linda Hamilton from Terminator and Beauty and the Beast fame, Kristanna Loken from Terminator 3 and Monica Keena from Freddy vs Jason! More to come!
Check out Spooky Empire’s site here!
Exclusives Abound at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con! And for the first time EVER, Michael Golden’s artwork will be featured as part of the VIP Package for the premiere upcoming pop-culture event!
Wizard World Chicago Comic Con is the place to be to collect exclusive prints, books, die cast cars, toys and other items, as more than 30 different pieces will be available only at the event, August 19-22 at the Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Ill.
But this eye-catching Power Girl piece by the co-creator of X-Men’s Rogue, is available ONLY as part of the VIP exclusives. And it’s certainly no mystery why Mr. G. was picked as part of this special promotion for the show.
During his career, Golden has been an editor at DC Comics as well as senior art director at Marvel Comics, and has worked on numerous movie production projects, including some currently in development. His art has been the focus of gallery shows in places as diverse as New York, Gijon and Barcelona, Antwerp and Brussels, and his class on storytelling has been conducted in Spain, Brussels, Canada, and the United States.
In addition to his groundbreaking art on titles such as “The ‘Nam,” “Micronauts,” “G.I. Joe Yearbook,” “The Avengers,” “Batman,” and “Dr. Strange,” Golden’s recent work can be seen on the covers of “Heroes for Hire,” “Exiles,” “Nightwing,” “Uncanny X-Men,” “Hulk Team-Up,” “Wonder Woman,” and “Spiderman 1602,” among much more! Books on his work include the recent publications “Excess: The Art of Michael Golden,” “Modern Masters: Michael Golden,” “Heroes and Villains,” and “MORE Heroes and Villains,” most of which will be available from Michael in artist’s alley while supplies last.
Chicago Comic Con will easily be one of the top conventions of the year. And joining Golden at the event will be Eva Ink Artist Group contemporaries Mark Texeira and Steve Scott.
Currently Texeira is finishing up a Punisher limited series for Marvel Comics, and you no doubt know him from his stunning work on Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Black Panther, Conan, and much more. Mark will have copies of his books “Babes and Brawn,” and “Tex: The Art of Mark Texeira,” at the show.
Artist Steve Scott recently completed stints X-Men Forever, a Green Lantern special project and is currently working on a Batman story at DC Comics as well. At Wizard Chicago, Steve will be offering copies of his new sketchbook, “Steve Scott Sketches,” while supplies last, as well as some exclusive prints!
This year’s WWC also includes an impressive line-up from Hollywood including William Shatner, Linda Hamilton, James Marsters, Adam West, the Final Five Cylons from Battlestar Galactica, Linda Blair, Nicholas Brendon, Clare Kramer, Claudia Christian, Richard Roundtree, Julia Jones and many many more!
The line-up from the world of illustration and comics is also pretty amazing, and includes, along with Golden, Texeira, and Scott: Joe Madureira, Arthur Suydam, Brian Pulido, J. Scott Campbell, Jim Calafiore, William Christensen, Bill Sienkiewicz, Greg Horn, Stuart Sayger, Jill Thompson, Billy Tucci, Ethan Van Sciver, Leo Leibelman, James O’Barr, Mike McKone, Geof Darrow, Gary Friedrich, David Mack, Renee Witterstaetter, Mike Grell, and tons more! It can certainly be said that Chicago Comic Con boasts one of the largest Artist Alley in the country!
In fact, this amazing event features over 500 special guests and celebrities from the world of comic books, film & television, wrestling, pop culture and more will be in attendance, and you will not want to miss out! And don’t forget to sign up for the VIP package featuring that fantastic Michael Golden Power Girl print as well!
Chicago Comic Con runs from August 19-22, 2010 at the Rosemont Convention Center. For more information, go to: http://www.wizardworld.com
For more information on commissions, and appearances of artists Michael Golden, Mark Texeira, Steve Scott and Eva Ink Artist Group, contact Renee at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The guest list for Atlanta’s Dragon*Con is always long (and this year’s is no exception) with someone interesting for fans of any genre. While everyone will have their favorites, I just thought that in addition to the recent addition of comics legend Stan Lee, I would highlight a few of the names that stand out to me for 2010:
- Sean Astin (Lord of the Rings)
- Morena Baccarin (Firefly/Serenity, V)
- Avery Brooks (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
- LeVar Burton (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- Erica Cerra (Eureka)
- Daniel Cudmore (Twilight, X-Men)
- Jonathan Frakes (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- Larry Hagman (Dallas, I Dream of Jeannie)
- Linda Hamilton (Terminator, Beauty & The Beast)
- Stan Lee – comic book legend
- Kellan Lutz (Twilight)
- James Marsters (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Smallville)
- Mike McKone (Teen Titans, Avengers Academy)
- Mike Mignola (Hellboy)
- Jason Momoa (Conan)
- Edward James Olmos (Battlestar Galactica)
- Adrian Pasdar (Heroes)
- George Perez – comics legend
- Sendhil Ramamurthy (Heroes)
- Elisabeth Rohm (Angel, Law & Order, Heroes)
- Michael Shanks (Stargate SG-1)
- Marina Sirtis (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- Shawnee Smith (SAW)
- Kevin Sorbo (Hercules, Andromeda)
- Chaske Spencer (Twilight)
- Brent Spiner (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- Jewel Staite (Firefly/Serenity, Stargate: Atlantis)
- Sam Trammel (True Blood)
- Laura Vandervoort (Smallville, V)
Who else do you think is a highlight?
OVER 500 EXHIBITORS AND MORE THAN 250 CELEBRITIES AND RECORD CROWDS EXPECTED FOR BIG APPLE COMIC CON THIS COMING WEEKEND, OCTOBER 16 – OCTOBER 18 AT PIER 94 (55th Street & 12th Avenue) IN NEW YORK CITY
Cast Members of the Twilight Saga: New Moon, Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica; Pop Icons William Shatner, Adam West, Billy Dee Williams, and Linda Hamilton; Sports Stars Yogi Berra, Ric Flair, Joe Frazier, Pete Rose and Dwight Gooden all participating in the New York City area’s largest consumer pop culture event of 2009
(THE BIG APPLE, October 12, 2009) Over 500 exhibitors from toys and video games to action figures, sports and entertainment will converge on Pier 94 this coming weekend for Big Apple Comic Con, the tri-state area’s largest pop culture festival.
“Whether you are a fan of comic books, movies, television, toys, video games, sports, music or more, there is something here for everyone. This is an affordable weekend of fun for the whole family,” said Big Apple Comic Con Producer Gareb Shamus.
Brands ranging from Hasbro and LEGO to Nintendo, Warner Bros. and THQ are on hand displaying new products and conducting competitions and contests. Additionally, over 250 celebrities from hit movies and TV shows like Batman, Star Wars, The Sopranos, X-Men, The Dukes of Hazzard and The Terminator are on hand along with stars from current hit shows like Battlestar Galactica, American Idol, Survivor, Dollhouse, Warehouse 13, The Real Housewives of New Jersey and Smallville to speak with fans, conduct seminars and sign autographs. Hundreds of comic book illustrators and vendors are also appearing live, and there will be a Halloween costume contest for participants of all ages.
It is anticipated that tens of thousands of people will attend the three day event, which opens Friday at noon and will run until Sunday at five. There are also a number of after hours VIP events featuring movie screenings, meet and greets, as well as musical performances by Grammy Award Winning artists Naughty By Nature (Friday night) and Taylor Dayne (Saturday night).
WHAT: BIG APPLE COMIC CON
WHEN: October 16-18, 2009, FRI-SAT-SUN
WHERE: PIER 94 MANHATTAN (711 12 th Avenue @ 55th Street)
Tickets are on sale now at www.wizardworld.ticketleap.com/bigapple and by phone at 1-877-402-3751. One day Friday and Sunday tickets are being sold in advance for $25 and 3-day passes are available for $45. Get $5 off with code NYC (online only). Saturday tickets are $30. Kids 10 years old and younger are FREE with a paid adult ticket on Sunday only. For a full guest and vendor list and more information on the event go to www.wizardworld.com.
Friday, October 16: 12 noon – 8 pm
Saturday, October 17: 10 am – 7 pm
Sunday, October 18: 10 am – 5 pm
About Wizard Entertainment
Gareb Shamus founded Wizard Entertainment in 1991. Today, Wizard Entertainment publishes consumer magazines Wizard, ToyFare, FunFare, and numerous books about pop-culture’s top talent, comic books and toys. Gareb produces Big Apple Comic Con at Pier 94 October 16-18, 2009, Anaheim Comic Con at the Anaheim Convention Center, April 16-18, 2010, Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con at the Philadelphia Convention Center June 11-13, 2010, Chicago Comic Con at the Donald E. Stephens (Rosemont) Convention Center, August 12-15, 2010 and Toronto Comic Con, dates TBD.
Disclosure: Big Apple Comic Con is a current advertiser with Convention Scene.
Fan-demonium to Reach an All-Time High at 15th Annual Fan Expo Canada 2009
Leonard Nimoy, Linda Hamilton, Lou Ferrigno, and Bruce Campbell among the star-studded line-up at this year’s event
July 9, 2009, Toronto, ON – Expect to see a surge of Vulcans, Storm Troopers, Zombies, Dragonballers and other strange and wonderful characters across the city as Toronto hosts the largest combined gaming, horror, comic, science fiction and anime event in the country. The 15th annual Fan Expo Canada takes place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building on August 28-30, 2009.
Owned and operated by Hobby Star Marketing, Fan Expo Canada offers fans of every genre the chance to meet their favourite celebrities and pop culture heroes at autograph and photo sessions; participate in informational workshops with industry experts offering advice, tips and portfolio reviews; and shop for exclusive Fan Expo offers, collectables and memorabilia from more than 600 vendors.
“By offering unique experiences and opportunities to interact with icons, industry leaders, and other enthusiastic fans, Fan Expo delivers a signature event in Canada that satisfies fans’ cravings like no other,” says Aman Gupta, President of Hobby Star Marketing. “For the past 15 years Fan Expo Canada has been the only event to bring this level of fandom to Toronto and Fan Expo Canada 2009 will bring even more to visitors than ever before with incredible limited edition offers, the widest range of industry merchandise available, and appearances by genre demi-gods.”
Hobby Star Marketing Inc. was founded in 1992 and has quickly become one of Canada’s premiere sports and entertainment marketing companies. Since its inception, Hobby Star Marketing has secured a niche in the industry by specializing in professional sport and entertainment celebrity placement at a variety of venues and events.
SPECIAL CELEBRITY GUESTS:
SFX Science Fiction Expo, in association with SPACE – the official National Cable Broadcast Sponsor, guest list:
- LEONARD NIMOY – The legendary Mr. Spock of Star Trek
- LINDA HAMILTON – Sarah Connor celebrating the 25th Anniversary of The Terminator
- BILLY DEE WILLIAMS – Lando Calrissian of the Star Wars feature films
- BEAU BRIDGES – Major General Hank Landry of Stargate SG-1
- THOMAS DEKKER – John Connor of Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles
- MARY MCDONNELL – President Laura Roslin of Battlestar Galactica
- JAMES KYSON LEE – Ando of Heroes
- AVERY BROOKS – Captain Benjamin Sisko of Star Trek Deep Space Nine
- WALTER KOENIG – Pavel Chekov of Star Trek
- ROBERT DUNCAN MCNEILL – Tom Paris of Star Trek Voyager
- LOU FERRIGNO – The Incredible Hulk
- DAVE THOMAS – Doug of Bob and Doug McKenzie brothers
- LARRY THOMAS – Seinfeld’s “Soup Nazi”
- TONY CURTIS – Legendary actor and Hollywood Icon
The Comic Book Expo guest list:
- JOE QUESADA – Editor In Chief Marvel Comics
- DAN DIDIO – Senior VP DC Comics
- CHRIS BACHALO – Legendary Artist
- MIKE DEODATO JR.- Artist Dark Avengers
- ETHAN VAN SCIVER – Artist of Flash Rebirth
- J MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI – Award winning writer
- STEVE MCNIVEN – Artist of Wolverine
- IVAN REIS – Artist of Green Lantern & The Blackest Night – Rare appearance!
- TERRY DODSON – Artist of Uncanny X-Men
- DAVID FINCH – Artist of Ultimatum
- OLIVIER COIPEL – Artist of Thor
- MATT FRACTION – Writer of Uncanny X-Men and Invincible Ironman
- MARKO DJURDJEVIC – Acclaimed Marvel Cover Artist & Thor
- LEN WEIN – Legendary Creator of Wolverine & Swamp Thing
- DARWYN COOKE – Artist of DC The New Frontier
- DALE EAGLESHAM – Artist of upcoming Fantastic Four
- BILL SIENKIEWICZ – Legendary Artist
- STUART IMMONNEN – Artist of New Avengers
- GEORGES JEANTY – Artist of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- RICHARD ISANOVE – Artist of Stephen King’s Dark Tower
- MIKE CHOI – Artist of X-Force
- DOUG SNEYD – Legendary Playboy Cartoonist
The Festival of Fear Horror Expo, sponsored by Rue Morgue Magazine, guest list:
- BRUCE CAMPBELL – Legendary Film Actor
- ROGER CORMAN – Legendary Director
- UDO KEIR – Acclaimed Actor
- BARBARA STEELE – Emmy Award-Winning Actress
- TOM SAVINI – FX Master and Actor
- ROBERT HALL – Award winning make up artist
- JAMES DUVAL – Acclaimed Horror Film Actor
- MAX BROOKS – Author Of The Zombie Survival Guide
- ART HINDLE – Acclaimed actor
- KELLEY ARMSTRONG – Best Selling Horror Author
- JACK KETCHUM – Best Selling Horror Author
- LLOYD KAUFMAN – Producer – Toxic Avenger
The CNAnime Expo celebrity guest list:
- SCOTT MCNEIL – voice star of Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragonball Z
- CRISPIN FREEMAN – voice star of Naruto, Eureka Seven, Ghost In the Shell
- BRAD SWAILE – voice star of Death Note, Mobile Suit Gundam
- AARON DISMUKE – voice star of Fullmetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood
- COLLEEN CLINKENBEARD – voice star of Fullmetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood
- MONICA RIAL – voice star of Kiddy Grade, Noir, Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE
- BRINA PALENCIA – voice star of Claymore, Romeo A Juliet
- DEREK STEPHEN PRINCE – voice star of Bleach, Digimon
The GX – Gaming Expo, sponsored by Zellers & G4 Tech TV, celebrity guest list:
- STEVE DOWNES – Voice of Master Chief in the HALO video game series
- VICTOR LUCAS – Creator / Producer / Host of Electric Playground
- ED GREENWOOD – Creator / Author of Forgotten Realms
- JESS HARTLEY – Editor / Developer of White Wolf Publishing
- PIETER VAN HIEL – Role playing game Author of Sanguine Productions
- JONATHAN LAVALLEE – President of Firestorm Ink gaming publisher
- C.A. SULEIMAN – Director of Development CM Publishing
- MALCOLM SHEPPARD – Role playing game Author of White Wolf
Gaming fans will have the opportunity to take part in dozens of official tournaments, play new games, win prizes, meet with industry experts, attend seminars and view upcoming products.
- Canada’s largest Masquerade Costume Contest on Saturday, Aug. 29
- Industry Professional workshops for the public
- Millions of dollars of collectibles and memorabilia for sale
- Celebrity Q&A’s plus autograph and photo opportunities
- More than 600 commercial exhibitors and retailers offering a full range of pop culture and entertainment themed merchandise including comic books, toys, collectibles, games, videos, and more!
- Tons of costumed characters from your favourite TV shows & movies
- Introducing a reusable shopping tote, made from 100% recycled materials and designed specifically for fans to take their goodies home
- Exclusive show merchandise including:
- MEGAN FOX photo cover variant for issue one TRANSFORMERS: TALES OF THE FALLEN comic book – Limited to only 1000 copies
- STAR TREK: NERO comic, issue number one, “Spock Variant” edition – Limited to 1000 copies
- ULTIMATE AVENGERS comic #1, “Sketch cover variant” edition (Limited to 1500 copies)
- GREEN LANTERN: BLACKEST NIGHT Art Lithograph (Limited to 1500 copies) free and only available when you purchase a Fan Expo Premium Package
Stay tuned to www.fanexpocanada.com for more additions to this exciting line-up…
WHEN: AUGUST 28 – 30, 2009
Friday, August 28th 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 29th 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 30th 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
WHERE: Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building
222 Bremner Blvd. Toronto, Ontario
TICKETS: Basic Adult Day Pass $25.00
Kids under 12 years old are FREE when accompanied by an adult
See website for further details
SPECIAL EVENT TICKETS: Some celebrity presentations are specially ticketed events – for dates, times and prices, please call Ticketmaster (416) 872-7777 or visit www.fanexpocanada.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT www.fanexpocanada.com