Brian Michael Bendis, Alex Maleev, Eliza Dushku and more kick off the hottest convention of 2010!
GET ANAHEIM COMIC CON TICKETS NOW at www.wizardworld.ticketleap.com/anaheim
On April 16-18, 2010, the inaugural Anaheim Comic Con is coming to the Anaheim Convention Center. The Anaheim Comic Con will be a major regional pop culture convention bringing fans the latest information on comics, toys, collectibles and connecting attendees with celebrity guests, artists and industry professionals.
The convention is still a few months away and several comic book superstars are already heading to the Anaheim Comic Con! Leading the way are Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev, the blockbuster creative team behind Marvel’s SPIDER-WOMAN! Additionally, Bernie Wrightson (SWAMP THING), Tim Bradstreet (THE PUNISHER), Steve Niles (30 DAYS OF NIGHT), Charlie Huston (MOON KNIGHT), Phil Jimenez (ASTONISHING X-MEN), Simon Bisley (JUDGE DREDD), Glenn Fabry (PREACHER) and Tom Jane (BAD PLANET) are already confirmed for the show, with dozens of other comic creators to be announced!
Several stars of film and television will also be in attendance, including DOLLHOUSE star and longtime fan favorite, Eliza Dushku! Also onboard for the Anaheim Comic Con are Ted Raimi (XENA, SPIDER-MAN), WWE & TNA star Mick Foley along with three of the most beloved cast members from the 60’s BATMAN TV series: Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar! Additionally, there are several additional guests that will be announced soon!
“There is a real desire in Southern California for a comic based pop-culture experience, and I feel privileged to get back in touch with our west coast fans in this way. This will truly be an event for families and people of all ages,” said Gareb Shamus, CEO of Wizard Entertainment.
Full Guest list so far:
John de Lancie
Rob Van Dam
With such an incredible guest line up, the Anaheim Comic Con will easily be one of the top conventions of 2010. Don’t miss your chance to be a part of this historic comic con!
For more Anaheim Comic Con guest and programming updates, become a fan of ANAHEIM COMIC CON on Facebook!
The Anaheim Comic Con runs from April 16-18, 2010 at the Anaheim Convention Center. It is a major regional pop culture convention bringing fans the latest information on comics, toys, collectibles and connecting attendees with celebrity guests, artists and industry professionals.
GET ANAHEIM COMIC CON TICKETS NOW at www.wizardworld.ticketleap.com/anaheim
|Convention||The New England Fan Experience|
|Venue Name||Courtyard Boston Downtown/Tremont|
|Venue Address||275 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02116
|Number of Dealer/Exhibitor Tables||48|
|What category best describes your convention?||Science Fiction and Fantasy|
|What other categories might be appropriate for your convention?||- Anime
Fan-demonium to Reach an All-Time High at 15th Annual Fan Expo Canada 2009
Leonard Nimoy, Linda Hamilton, Lou Ferrigno, and Bruce Campbell among the star-studded line-up at this year’s event
July 9, 2009, Toronto, ON – Expect to see a surge of Vulcans, Storm Troopers, Zombies, Dragonballers and other strange and wonderful characters across the city as Toronto hosts the largest combined gaming, horror, comic, science fiction and anime event in the country. The 15th annual Fan Expo Canada takes place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building on August 28-30, 2009.
Owned and operated by Hobby Star Marketing, Fan Expo Canada offers fans of every genre the chance to meet their favourite celebrities and pop culture heroes at autograph and photo sessions; participate in informational workshops with industry experts offering advice, tips and portfolio reviews; and shop for exclusive Fan Expo offers, collectables and memorabilia from more than 600 vendors.
“By offering unique experiences and opportunities to interact with icons, industry leaders, and other enthusiastic fans, Fan Expo delivers a signature event in Canada that satisfies fans’ cravings like no other,” says Aman Gupta, President of Hobby Star Marketing. “For the past 15 years Fan Expo Canada has been the only event to bring this level of fandom to Toronto and Fan Expo Canada 2009 will bring even more to visitors than ever before with incredible limited edition offers, the widest range of industry merchandise available, and appearances by genre demi-gods.”
Hobby Star Marketing Inc. was founded in 1992 and has quickly become one of Canada’s premiere sports and entertainment marketing companies. Since its inception, Hobby Star Marketing has secured a niche in the industry by specializing in professional sport and entertainment celebrity placement at a variety of venues and events.
SPECIAL CELEBRITY GUESTS:
SFX Science Fiction Expo, in association with SPACE – the official National Cable Broadcast Sponsor, guest list:
- LEONARD NIMOY – The legendary Mr. Spock of Star Trek
- LINDA HAMILTON – Sarah Connor celebrating the 25th Anniversary of The Terminator
- BILLY DEE WILLIAMS – Lando Calrissian of the Star Wars feature films
- BEAU BRIDGES – Major General Hank Landry of Stargate SG-1
- THOMAS DEKKER – John Connor of Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles
- MARY MCDONNELL – President Laura Roslin of Battlestar Galactica
- JAMES KYSON LEE – Ando of Heroes
- AVERY BROOKS – Captain Benjamin Sisko of Star Trek Deep Space Nine
- WALTER KOENIG – Pavel Chekov of Star Trek
- ROBERT DUNCAN MCNEILL – Tom Paris of Star Trek Voyager
- LOU FERRIGNO – The Incredible Hulk
- DAVE THOMAS – Doug of Bob and Doug McKenzie brothers
- LARRY THOMAS – Seinfeld’s “Soup Nazi”
- TONY CURTIS – Legendary actor and Hollywood Icon
The Comic Book Expo guest list:
- JOE QUESADA – Editor In Chief Marvel Comics
- DAN DIDIO – Senior VP DC Comics
- CHRIS BACHALO – Legendary Artist
- MIKE DEODATO JR.- Artist Dark Avengers
- ETHAN VAN SCIVER – Artist of Flash Rebirth
- J MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI – Award winning writer
- STEVE MCNIVEN – Artist of Wolverine
- IVAN REIS – Artist of Green Lantern & The Blackest Night – Rare appearance!
- TERRY DODSON – Artist of Uncanny X-Men
- DAVID FINCH – Artist of Ultimatum
- OLIVIER COIPEL – Artist of Thor
- MATT FRACTION – Writer of Uncanny X-Men and Invincible Ironman
- MARKO DJURDJEVIC – Acclaimed Marvel Cover Artist & Thor
- LEN WEIN – Legendary Creator of Wolverine & Swamp Thing
- DARWYN COOKE – Artist of DC The New Frontier
- DALE EAGLESHAM – Artist of upcoming Fantastic Four
- BILL SIENKIEWICZ – Legendary Artist
- STUART IMMONNEN – Artist of New Avengers
- GEORGES JEANTY – Artist of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- RICHARD ISANOVE – Artist of Stephen King’s Dark Tower
- MIKE CHOI – Artist of X-Force
- DOUG SNEYD – Legendary Playboy Cartoonist
The Festival of Fear Horror Expo, sponsored by Rue Morgue Magazine, guest list:
- BRUCE CAMPBELL – Legendary Film Actor
- ROGER CORMAN – Legendary Director
- UDO KEIR – Acclaimed Actor
- BARBARA STEELE – Emmy Award-Winning Actress
- TOM SAVINI – FX Master and Actor
- ROBERT HALL – Award winning make up artist
- JAMES DUVAL – Acclaimed Horror Film Actor
- MAX BROOKS – Author Of The Zombie Survival Guide
- ART HINDLE – Acclaimed actor
- KELLEY ARMSTRONG – Best Selling Horror Author
- JACK KETCHUM – Best Selling Horror Author
- LLOYD KAUFMAN – Producer – Toxic Avenger
The CNAnime Expo celebrity guest list:
- SCOTT MCNEIL – voice star of Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragonball Z
- CRISPIN FREEMAN – voice star of Naruto, Eureka Seven, Ghost In the Shell
- BRAD SWAILE – voice star of Death Note, Mobile Suit Gundam
- AARON DISMUKE – voice star of Fullmetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood
- COLLEEN CLINKENBEARD – voice star of Fullmetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood
- MONICA RIAL – voice star of Kiddy Grade, Noir, Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE
- BRINA PALENCIA – voice star of Claymore, Romeo A Juliet
- DEREK STEPHEN PRINCE – voice star of Bleach, Digimon
The GX – Gaming Expo, sponsored by Zellers & G4 Tech TV, celebrity guest list:
- STEVE DOWNES – Voice of Master Chief in the HALO video game series
- VICTOR LUCAS – Creator / Producer / Host of Electric Playground
- ED GREENWOOD – Creator / Author of Forgotten Realms
- JESS HARTLEY – Editor / Developer of White Wolf Publishing
- PIETER VAN HIEL – Role playing game Author of Sanguine Productions
- JONATHAN LAVALLEE – President of Firestorm Ink gaming publisher
- C.A. SULEIMAN – Director of Development CM Publishing
- MALCOLM SHEPPARD – Role playing game Author of White Wolf
Gaming fans will have the opportunity to take part in dozens of official tournaments, play new games, win prizes, meet with industry experts, attend seminars and view upcoming products.
- Canada’s largest Masquerade Costume Contest on Saturday, Aug. 29
- Industry Professional workshops for the public
- Millions of dollars of collectibles and memorabilia for sale
- Celebrity Q&A’s plus autograph and photo opportunities
- More than 600 commercial exhibitors and retailers offering a full range of pop culture and entertainment themed merchandise including comic books, toys, collectibles, games, videos, and more!
- Tons of costumed characters from your favourite TV shows & movies
- Introducing a reusable shopping tote, made from 100% recycled materials and designed specifically for fans to take their goodies home
- Exclusive show merchandise including:
- MEGAN FOX photo cover variant for issue one TRANSFORMERS: TALES OF THE FALLEN comic book – Limited to only 1000 copies
- STAR TREK: NERO comic, issue number one, “Spock Variant” edition – Limited to 1000 copies
- ULTIMATE AVENGERS comic #1, “Sketch cover variant” edition (Limited to 1500 copies)
- GREEN LANTERN: BLACKEST NIGHT Art Lithograph (Limited to 1500 copies) free and only available when you purchase a Fan Expo Premium Package
Stay tuned to www.fanexpocanada.com for more additions to this exciting line-up…
WHEN: AUGUST 28 – 30, 2009
Friday, August 28th 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 29th 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 30th 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
WHERE: Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building
222 Bremner Blvd. Toronto, Ontario
TICKETS: Basic Adult Day Pass $25.00
Kids under 12 years old are FREE when accompanied by an adult
See website for further details
SPECIAL EVENT TICKETS: Some celebrity presentations are specially ticketed events – for dates, times and prices, please call Ticketmaster (416) 872-7777 or visit www.fanexpocanada.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT www.fanexpocanada.com
Patrick Stewart (Star Trek’s Jean-Luc Picard and X-men’s Professor X) has just been confirmed for this September’s annual Dragon*Con convention in Atlanta, Georgia.
Stewart is just the latest addition to possibly the best celebrity line-up I’ve ever seen scheduled for Dragon*Con. Some highlights include:
- Michael Biehn
- Bruce Boxleitner
- Ben Browder
- Charisma Carpenter
- Bruce Davison
- James Marsters
- Kate Mulgrew
- Leonard Nimoy
- John Noble
- Edward James Olmos
- Eric Roberts
- John Schneider
- Michael Shanks
For the complete guest line-up, visit their website at: http://dragoncon.org/.
Fan Expo Canada is proud to welcome back LEONARD NIMOY (Star Trek, Fringe)
Appearing SATURDAY & SUNDAY ONLY!
We have just added dozens of comic book creators to our already incredible list of guests including:
CHRIS BACHALO – Artist, THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN & NEW AVENGERS (RARE APPEARANCE)
DAN DIDIO – Senior Vice-President – Executive Editor, DC COMICS
GEORGES JEANTY – Artist, BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER
RICHARD ISANOVE – Artist, STEPHEN KING’S DARK TOWER
MIKE CHOI – Artist, X-FORCE
TRANSMISSION X – Michael Cho, Cameron Stewart, Karl Kerschl, Ramon Perez and more!
DC COMICS will be setting up an exhibitor booth in the Fan Expo Canada corporate area!
Check out all the comic guest updates here: http://www.hobbystar.com/fanexpo/index.php?/comicbook/guests/category/featured_guests/#FEATURED%20GUESTS
Basic and Deluxe ticket prices are now posted on our web site. Advance Tickets go on sale July 1st on our web site or by phone at Ticketmaster 416-870-8000.
LIMITED TIME OFFER FROM THE FAIRMONT ROYAL YORK!
For a short time only, you can book your room for Fan Expo Canada for the amazing low rate of $119 a night! Click here: https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=102277 to book now! We have never seen rates this low, EVER!
FAN EXPO CANADA 200
AUGUST 28-30, 2009
METRO TORONTO CONVENTION CENTRE