Adam Rex, Le Tang, Todd Wilderman, Jason Scheier, and more appear at Gallery Nucleus on Saturday March 28th!
Based on the novel The True Meaning of Smekday by Adam Rex, comes the fun and exciting animated adventure, HOME by Dreamworks Animation.
Come see rare behind the scenes artwork by artists from the production design, storyboard, and visual development teams.
Bring your questions for the Q&A session and meet the artists one-on-one as they sign copies of the book The Art of Home.
$5 Admission at the Entrance or FREE w/ purchase of the Art of HOME book
Only 200 attendees will be admitted
Only 80 seats available (20 reserved seats and 60 first-come, first-serve general admission seats)
Standing room and floor seating also available
Outside books will be subject to a $10 fee
Front Row Reserved Seats available online $20. (click here)
Comes in 2 options: Seat Only or Seat w/ a Book
Waives admission fee.
Guaranteed seat in the first 2 rows, only 20 seats available.
No need to wait in line or get to the event early just to get a good seat.
Comes with a free bottle of water.
Guaranteed first in line during the artist signing time.
Get 10% off your book purchase.
General Admission and Signing Instructions
1. Please purchase your admission tickets / books at the register before waiting in line out side to get a general admission seat.
2. Upon purchase of an admission ticket / book you will be given a raffle number. This number signifies your position in the line to receive artist signatures after the panel.
3. Once you have purchased your admission ticket / book and have your raffle number, you can wait in line to be seated. First come first serve. (Those who purchased a front row reserved seat will not have to wait in line)
4. Attendees will be allowed to enter roughly 15 – 20 minutes before the panel begins. Simply show your admission / book receipt at the gallery entrance and you will be admitted.
5. After Q and A, when artists are available to sign books your number will be displayed on the wall in numerical order. (Those who purchased a front row reserved seat will be first in line)
2:00 – 3:00 pm Home Panel / Presentation
3:00 – 3:30 pm Q&A
4:00 – 5:00 pm Signing
5:30 – 8:00 pm Adam Rex exhibition Reception / Signing
210 East Main Street, Alhambra, CA 91801
Nucleus is proud and honored to host this special exhibition featuring artwork by over 40 DreamWorks artists all creating original art in celebration of the new film, How To Train Your Dragon 2. With select pieces available for sale and several artists in attendance, guests will have a chance to meet the creative talent behind the film as they sign copies of the new Art of How To Train Your Dragon 2 book.
Purchase a HTTYD book and receive a raffle ticket to attend the event for free and avoid standing in line to get your book signed as we will call out numbers in sequence. Keep your raffle ticket as it will allow you to win prizes at 8pm, 9pm and 10pm. (prizes to be announced)
Trade in your HTTYD movie ticket stub to attend our event for free and to receive an extra 5 raffle tickets for more chances to win!
Purchase a HTTYD book from our site or shop from now till July 7th and be entered to win a free signed Nicolas Marlet HTTYD print! Winner to be announced July 8th at 5pm on our Facebook page and blog. (shipping fees may apply)
Exclusive HTTYD prints to be released at the opening reception.
Enjoy Burnt to a Crisp, a Food Truck that serves Texas Smokehouse BBQ!
6:00pm – 7:00pm (Artists Panel Presentation)
8:00pm – 10:00pm (Artist Signing)
8:00pm (1st raffle drawing)
9:00 (2nd raffle drawing)
10:00 (final raffle drawing)
$5 Admission at the door or FREE w/ purchase of The Art of How To Train Your Dragon 2 book (seats are limited, standing room available).
Outside books will be subject to a $10 fee.
to be announced…
Marcos Mateu Mestre
Heidi Jo Gilbert
Louie Del Carmen
Peter Paul Bautista
Sharon Bridgeman Lukic
more to be announced…
Crowded Teeth (Michelle Romo)
210 East Main Street, Alhambra, CA 91801
Justin Ridge, Le Tang, Anson Jew, and Steve Ahn appear on Saturday May 31st at the Society of Illustrators of Los Angeles. They will discuss their experience in live action and animation projects, and their perspective on the future of storyboarding.
SILA – The Society of Illustrators of Los Angeles
3326 W Victory Blvd, Burbank, CA 91505