Steel City Con returns to the Monroeville Convention Center on December 4-6, 2015 with guests including Sean Astin, Tommy Flanagan, Jason Mewes, Ric Flair, John Ratzenberger, George Wendt, Adrian Paul, Corbin Bernsen, William Katt, Walter Koenig, Amy Allen, Nalini Krishan, Naomi Grossman, Larry Thomas, Ken Kelly, Ani-Mia, and many more!
The Steel City Con is the exclusive comic con of the Monroeville Convention Center. It is one of the largest comic cons in the United States with over 100,000 square feet of convention space and filled with 750 vendor tables, artist alley, and celebrity guests. At the Steel City Con you can meet TV and film celebrities along with experience celebrity Q&As, panels, celebrity photo ops, and the Artist Charity Quick Sketch. You can also take part in the Steel City Con’s cosplay, trivia contest and costume contests!
The Soup Nazi (aka Larry Thomas) rolls into Boston in the Seinfeld “No Soup For You” food truck on Friday August 3, 2012!! See him in Harvard Square from noon-2pm, and in Dewey Square from 3-4pm. They will be handing out FREE food featured on the show such as mulligatawny soup, muffin tops, Junior Mints, and Snapple! If you’re lucky, he might even yell at you. More details at the link!
MARCH 4-6, 2011
THE MONROEVILLE CONVENTION CENTER
FRI 2pm – 8pm
SAT 10am – 6pm
SUN 10am – 4pm
DAILY ADMISSION IS ONLY $12
3 DAY PASS for ONLY $20
follow us on Twitter / Become a Fan on FaceBook / MySpace
THE WAIT IS OVER!
Tired of that winter weather? It’s time to get out and treat the entire family to an amazing weekend! Doors open on Friday at 2pm! We’ll see you there!
note: 3 Day Pass Holders get in early on Saturday & Sunday!
Don’t miss out!
Go to our web site for all the details:
Doug Wangler is the model for the Star Wars character Quinlan Vos. He has appeared on Darkhorse Comics and his Hasbro Action Figure was just recently released. (Don’t forget to pick-up one of his action figures and bring it to the show for Doug to autograph it). Doug will also be bringing a selection of other photos for you to pick from.
Doug’s appearance is made possible by Sandtroopers.com
An American Film and Television Actress, Mitzi Kapture is primarily know for several key roles. She had a recurring role on BAYWATCH as Alexis Ryker. Additionally, she gained international exposure with her first major television role as Sergeant Rita Lee Lance in the television series SILK STALKINGS. Paired with Rob Estes who played Sergeant Chris Lorenzo, Kapture gained global recognition along with her costar since the show was broadcast in several countries. Mitzi will be joining other Steel City Con Celebrities for a rare signing appearance on Saturday & Sunday
2011 is the 45th Anniversary of the Classic ABC TV Series Batman. Is there a better way to celebrate this big Pop Culture milestone other than to bring Adam West to Pittsburgh? Well Batman fans, all we can say is Batman is coming to town!
Adam West is a true American icon. His role as BATMAN in the classic television series and the 1966 feature film of the same name continues to be seen throughout the world more than 40 years after its debut. While Batman, and his alter ego, Bruce Wayne, remains his signature role, Adam has a multitude of motion picture, theater, and TV credits to his name. He has made nearly 50 movies and has had roles many TV series other than Batman.
Adam West has also lent his voice to animated characters in such well-known series as FAMILY GUY, The Simpson, Rugrats, Batman, Animaniacs, Jonny Bravo, Spydogs, The Super Adventure Team, and many others. His voice-over work in animated film includes the roles of “Ace, Hollywood Chicken Little” in Disney’s Chicken Little, and “Uncle Art” in Disney’s Meet the Robinsons.
Adam West is the author of two books, Back to the Batcave and Climbing the Walls.
More than 50 years after starting his career in Hollywood, Adam West continues to work consistently in TV and film. His most recent work includes a guest starring role on the hit series 30 Rock and a viral video for Funny or Die. His undeniable talent and unique brand of humor have become truly iconic in entertainment and he continues to entertain fans around the world.
Mr. West has agreed to a Signing appearance for the upcoming March Steel City Con. His Signing appearance is for Saturday & Sunday ONLY. (March 5-6, 2011). SATURDAY SIGNING TIMES for Mr. WEST is 10am-6pm & SUNDAY SIGNING TIMES are 0am-2pm. More details on the appearance will be announced as we get closer to the show. Make your plans to attend now and tell friends and family. We believe that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for our attendees!
MR. WEST’S APPEARANCE IS BEING SPONSORED BY:
THE COMIC BOOK INK
116 smithfield street
pittsburgh, pa 15222
PETER TORK: American Muscian and Actor, bets known as a member of the classic TV series THE MONKEES. Tork contributed some of the most memorable and catchy instrumental flourishes, such as the piano introduction to “Daydream Believer” and the banjo part on “You Told Me”, as well as exploring occasional songwriting with the likes of “For Pete’s Sake” (which was used as the closing theme music for the second season of the television series) and “Lady’s Baby”.
MIKE LOOKINLAND: Best known for his role as the youngest brother, BOBBY BRADY on THE BRADY BUNCH from 1969 until 1974. Lookinland reprised his role as Bobby Brady in the 1988 Christmas special A Very Brady Christmas, and again in the 1990 sequel series The Bradys.
YANCY BUTLER: An American television and movie actress known for her roles as Jessie Crossman in the 1994 film Drop Dead, as Natasha Binder in the 1993 John Woo film Hard Target, and as Detective SARA PEZZINI on the TNT supernatural drama WITCHBLADE.
LARRY THOMAS: American Actor best known for portraying ” THE SOUP NAZI” on the NBC Classic sitcom series SEINFELD.
Click here for all the details: http://www.steelcitycon.com
Comments Off on Steel City Con Welcomes Adam West for March 2011 Show
THE STEEL CITY CON CELEBRATES THE 45TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE CLASSIC BATMAN TV SERIES WITH ADAM WEST
Pittsburgh, — Orangestone Promotions, Inc., promoters of the Pittsburgh based convention called the Steel City Con ( http://www.steelcitycon.com) is celebrating 22 years as Pennsylvania’s Largest Toy, Comic Book and Pop Culture Show on March 4-6, 2011 at the Monroeville Convention Center with a special appearance of Adam West. Many may be surprised to know that 2011 is the 45th Anniversary of the Classic ABC TV Series Batman. To celebrate this milestone, the Steel City Con is proud to announce a limited signing appearance from the Classic TV Batman himself, Adam West.
Adam West is a true American icon. His role as Batman in the classic television series and the 1966 feature film of the same name continues to be seen throughout the world more than 40 years after its debut. While Batman, and his alter ego, Bruce Wayne, remains his signature role, Adam has a multitude of motion picture, theater, and TV credits to his name. He has made nearly 50 movies and has had roles in many TV series other than Batman. West has also lent his voice to animated characters in such well-known series as Family Guy, The Simpsons, Rugrats, Batman, Animaniacs, Jonny Bravo and many others.
More than 50 years after starting his career in Hollywood, Adam West continues to work consistently in TV and Film. His most recent work includes a guest starring role on the hit series 30 Rock and a viral video for Funny or Die. His undeniable talent and unique brand of humor have become truly iconic in entertainment and he continues to entertain fans around the world. More details on Mr. West’s appearance can be found on the steelcitycon.com web site.
Other guests appearing at the Steel City Con include Peter Tork, recording artist and actor from The Monkees fame. Mike Lookinland, who was “Bobby Brady” in the classic TV series The Brady Bunch. Yancy Butler, who portrayed “Sara Pezzini” in the Witchblade TV series. Seinfeld fans will be happy to meet Larry Thomas who played “the Soup Nazi.” Attendees can also expect to see 500 tables of new and vintage toys, comic books as well as a large number of Comic Book Artists, Writers and Illustrators.
Many Pop Culture fans are tired of paying high admission fees just to walk into a big show. The Steel City Con offers attendees one of the biggest shows in the United States at a low price. With vendor space offered at a low cost dealers are able to sell their items to attendees for much less than conventions that charge a huge amount of money for dealer space. Anyone interested in finding out more about the Steel City Con can go to http://www.steelcitycon.com
Orangestone Promotions, Inc.
P.O. Box 101324
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
Steel City Con
LEE MAJORS, MARY MCDONNELL, ADAM WEST, “BRADY BUNCH BOYS” AMONG HEADLINERS AT WIZARD WORLD BIG APPLE COMIC CON, OCTOBER 1-2-3 AT MANHATTAN’S PENN PLAZA PAVILION
First Convention Appearance For Majors in 30 years, First for “Bradys” together on East Coast and First for West-Burt Ward in N.Y. in Two Decades; Claudia Christian, Julia Jones And 200+ Celebrity Guests, Leading Comics Artists, Creative Directors To Attend
NEW YORK, Wizard World Big Apple Comic Con, part of North America’s largest pop-culture tour, is set for Friday through Sunday, October 1-3, at the Penn Plaza Pavilion in Manhattan. The event, the largest and longest-running Comic Con in New York, will bring together thousands of fans of all ages and plenty of celebrities and industry professionals to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, comics, toys, video gaming, television, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more.
Celebrity guests include:
Lee Majors (Six Million Dollar Man, The Fall Guy)
Mary McDonnell (Battlestar Galactica)
Adam West, Burt Ward (Batman)
Walter Koenig (Star Trek)
Claudia Christian (Babylon 5)
Julia Jones (Twilight: Eclipse)
Jake Lloyd, Ahmed Best, Bonnie Piesse (Star Wars)
Doug Jones (Hellboy)
Erin Gray (Buck Rogers)
Herb Jefferson, Jr (Battlestar Galactica – original series)
Richard Anderson (Six Million Dollar Man)
Barry Williams, Christopher Knight and Mike Lookinland (Brady Bunch)
Dan Folger (Balls of Fury, Fanboys)
Larry Thomas (Seinfeld)
Diora Baird (30 Days of Night)
Scott Porter (Caprica)
Captain Zorikh (Sci-fi Science, Jedi Junkies)
Paris Themmen (Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory)
Ashley C. Williams, Ashlynn Yennie, and Akihiro Kitamura (Human Centipede)
Kevin Nash, Ted DiBiase, Shane Douglas, Joel Gertner, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, Virgil, Sean “X-Pac” Waltman, Mikey Whipwreck, “Simply the Best” G.A. West, Torrie Wilson, Tammy “Sunny” Sytch (pro wrestlers)
Alison Whitmore (Editor – IFC.com)
Knicks City Dancers
They will be among the stars on hand to meet fans, sign autographs and take professional photographs (Photo Ops) with fans.
This is Lee Majors’ first convention appearance in 30 years and the first time the ‘Brady Boys’ have been together on the East Coast,
It is also the first time in nearly 20 years that West and his “Batman” co-star Burt Ward will have appeared together in New York.
Other popular Big Apple Comic Con celebrity guests include Claudia Christian (“Look,” “Babylon 5”), Julia Jones (THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, JONAH HEX), Jake Lloyd (STAR WARS: EPISODE I, “The Pretender”), Doug Jones (FANTASTIC FOUR, HELLBOY), Walter Koenig (“Star Trek,” “Babylon 5”) and other well-known personalities.
Fans can also meet their favorite comic artists, writers, and editors, including Carmine Infantino (Co-Creator of The Flash; Deadman; Batgirl; Human Target; Black Canary and the top Batman artist of the 60s!), Mike Grell (Green Arrow), Herb Trimpe (Hulk; Iron Man), Jerry Robinson (Batman, creator of Robin and Joker), Mark Millar (“Kick-Ass, Wanted), Dick Ayers (Sgt. Fury, The Incredible Hulk), Rich Buckler (Fantastic Four, All-Star Squadron), Irwin Hasen (Green Lantern, Dondi), Paul Levitz (Legion of Super Heroes, former DC president), Bob Wiacek (X-Men, The Brave and the Bold), Joe Madureira (Darksiders, Uncanny X-Men, Battle Chasers), Ethan Van Sciver (Green Lantern, Superman/Batman), Greg Horn (Blackest Night, Elektra, Ms. Marvel), Alex Maleev (Batman, Daredevil), Michael Golden (Wolverine: First Class, New Exiles), Mark Texeira (Moon Knight, Ghost Rider), Trevor Von Eeden (Black Lightning, Batman), J.G. Jones (Final Crisis, Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia), Leinil Yu (Wolverine; X-Men; Ultimate Comics: Avengers 2; Uncanny X-Men), Billy Tucci (Shi, Sgt. Rock), Mark Texeira (Moon Knight, Ghost Rider), Arthur Suydam (Marvel Zombies, Batman), Steve Manion (Fearless Dawn), Louis Small, Jr (Vampirella), Rob Liefeld (Deadpool, Youngblood), Jim Shooter (former editor-in-chief, Marvel, Valiant), Bill Jemas (former Marvel Comics publisher), J. David Spurlock (Author, artist, and editor), and many other national and local creators.
Children and adult attendees are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite villain, superhero or pop culture personality for the chance to win special prizes in costume contests. Event-goers may also try their hand interactive product exhibits and shop for collectible comics, movie and television memorabilia, toys and games at more than 200 dealer booths.
Special events at Big Apple Comic Con include the “Magic: The Gathering” card game tournament, professional photo opportunities (Photo Ops) with celebrities and others to be announced.
The Penn Plaza Pavilion is located at 401 Seventh Avenue at 33rd St., in the historic Hotel Pennsylvania. Big Apple Comic Con is the fifth stop on Wizard’s eight-city 2010 North American tour. Hours are Friday, Oct. 1, 5-9 p.m.; Saturday, Oct. 2, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.; and Sunday, Oct. 3, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. (all times Eastern). Tickets are available in advance or by calling 1-866-882-5860 and online at www.wizardworld.com/bigapple.html at up to a 15% savings over tickets purchased at the door. Advance adult single-day tickets are $25; three-day weekend tickets are $45, and tickets are free for children age 10 and under when accompanied by a paid adult (limit two children per adult). VIP packages with special entry and exclusive items are also available.
For the most recent event information please visit http://www.bigapplecon.com become a Big Apple Comic Con Fan on Facebook.
Comments Off on Florida Supercon 2010 Adds Over 30 New Guests
FLORIDA SUPERCON 2010
FSC is 18 days away! Over 30 New Comic Book, Cosplay, Music, Wrestling and Media Guests announced for June 18-20, 2010 show
Plus: FSC’s very first variant comic books announced!
Miami, FL – Florida Supercon continues to grow! Florida’s most exciting and fun genre convention continues to add more guests and events for the 5th annual Florida Supercon, set to occur June 18-20, 2010 in Miami, FL. Over thirty new guests have been added from the worlds of Comic Books, Cosplay, Music, Horror, Video Games and Wrestling with more still to be announced as we get closer to the show!
Florida Supercon (FSC) is South Florida’s Comic Book, Anime, Animation, Video Game and Sci-Fi / Fantasy Festival, a three day festival that includes celebrity guests, comic book publishers, artists, writers, vendors, Q&A’s, parties, costume contests, anime programming, cosplay, panels, photo shoots, live music, video games and more. The event kicks off at 12:00PM, Friday, June 18 and the fun continues almost around the clock until 6:00PM, Sunday, June 20. FSC returns to Miami for its 5th year as it takes over almost 150,0000 square feet at the Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel and Convention Center to become the largest genre convention in the history of South Florida! Over 200 guests will be in attendance at the event.
New comic book industry guests include:
· Jose Delbo: Argentinian born artist Jose Delbo has a career that has spanned 50 years, starting in the Silver Age of the early 1960’s until today. Fans will best know Delbo as the main artist on Wonder Woman from 1976 to 1981 and The Transformers (Marvel Comics) from issue 36-67 (1987-1990).
· Clay Mann: Comic Book artist of X-Men Legacy, Dark Reign: Elektra, Daredevil, Ultimate X-Men, Thor: Man of War, Heroes For Hire, Marvel Knights 4, Four, The Immortal Iron Fist, Marvel Adventures: Fantastic Four, X-Men Unlimited and more!
· Tommy Castillo: Comic Book artist of Batman: Gotham Knights, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Detective Comics, Dungeons & Dragons, Evil Ernie in Santa Fe, Fear the Dead: A Zombie Survivor’s Journal, Green Arrow, Grimm Fairy Tales, Hari Kari, Se7en, Toe Tags Featuring George A. Romero, G.I. Joe, Vampirella and more!
· Chris Brunner: Comic Book artist of Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Dark Horse Presents, Hellblazer, Resident Evil, Star Wars Tales, Ghost Handbook, The Ride, The Ride: Foreign Parts, The Ride: Savannah, X-Omnibus, Robin, Hellhounds, Wolverine / Punisher, Gotham Central, Savage Dragon and more!
· Steve Borock: Industry Guest. Steve is the Consignment Director for Heritage Auctions. He is the former (and first) President, Primary Grader and Restoration Detection Expert at CGC (Comics Guaranty Corporation) from 1999 – 2008. Steve was a key figure in introducing third-party certification to the comic book hobby and helping to change the hobby forever.
· Koi Turnbull: Comic Book artist of Fathom, Wolverine, Aspen Seasons, Batgirl, Batman and the Outsiders, Batman: Gotham Knights, Black Panther, Detective Comics, Fathom: Cannon Hawke, The Flash, Green Lantern, Heroes, New Warriors, Nova, Outsiders: Five of a Kind, Superman Confidential, What If…?, Worlds of Aspen & more!
· Louis Small jr.: Artist of Vampirella, Vampirella Strikes!, Vampirella / Lady Death, Vampirella / Shi, Adventure Comics 80-Page Giant, Batman, The Chaos Effect, The Darkness, Codename: Knockout, JLA Secret Files, Ka-Zar, Kabuki Gallery, Witchblade, Solar: Man of the Atom, Lady Death, Chaos! Quarterly & more!
· Stephan Nilson: Comic Book writer of Monsterpocalypse, Justice League Unlimited, Atomik Mike, Batman Strikes! and Danny Husk. Stephan’s Television and TV related digital material includes Smallville (seasons 6&7) Justice and Doom and Visions, Ghost Whisperer and Red Dwarf.
· Daxiong: Hailing from China, Daxiong founded QiCartoon Studios in 1999, where he produced over 100 publications. He is currently one of the most successful artists in Chinese and European comics. Now living in the U.S., his American credits include: Star Wars Adventures, Top 10 Season Two & Justice League of America 80 Page Giant.
· Don Hillsman II: Comic Book Artist. Pencil credits include: Street Fighter, By Any Means Necessary: The Life & Times of Malcolm X, Daemonstorm, Devil Dinosaur Spring Fling, JLA Secret Files & Origins, Marvel Comics Presents, Southern Knights, Ultraverse Unlimited & Xavier Institute Alumni Yearbook. Inking credits: X-Men, Iron Man, Gambit, Damage, Scion, Sigil & more!
New Media Guests include:
· Andy Sipes has been seen/heard/felt in some of your favorite things: Code Monkeys (art director and character designer, voice of Mr. Larrity, Dean and more), Archer, Last Call with Carson Daly, Adult Swim’s Saul of the Mole Men and Minoriteam, Comedy Central’s Crank Yankers, MTV’s The Andy Milonakis Show and DJ and The Fro plus many more.
· Dawn Wells: Best known as Mary Ann in the Gilligan’s Island TV series, multiple reunion specials and the Gilligan’s Planet animated series
· Cindy Morgan is best known for her role as Lora / Yori in Tron and as Lacey Underall in Caddyshack. She recently was the voice of Ma3a in the Tron 2.0 video game and has been a part of the viral marketing for the new Tron Legacy film in the role of Lora Bradley once again.
· Larry Thomas is best known for his role on Sienfeld as the tyrannical Soup Nazi. Larry’s other credits include: Austin Powers, A Fist Full of Quarters, Spaced Out, Postal and The Warehouse Job and much more!
· Alex Vincent is best known for his role as Andy Barclay in the Child Play series of films, including: Childs Play and Child’s Play 2.
· Joseph Culp is an accomplished actor who can most recently be seen on the AMC hit series Mad Men as Archie Whitman (Don Draper’s father). To the comic book world, he is probably best known as Dr. Doom in the original 1994 Fantastic Four movie. His many TV roles include appearances on House, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, The Greatest American Hero (with his dad Robert Culp) and ER.
· Sally Kellerman is best known for her role as Major Margaret “Hot Lips” Houlihan in the film MASH (1970), for which she was nominated for an Oscar for Best Actress in a Supporting Role. Sally has dozens of credits including starring roles in the classic Star Trek 2nd pilot episode Where No Man Has Gone Before, as Rodney Dangerfield’s teacher / love interest in Back To School, The Boston Strangler, Brewster McCloud, The Last of the Red Hot Lovers, Lost Horizon, Centennial, Foxes, Moving Violations, Meatballs III: Summer Job, That’s Life!, Boris and Natasha, PrÃªt-Ã -Porter, American Virgin and many more!
· Scott Tepperman is the newest investigator on Ghost Hunters International. He has been traveling abroad investigating with the Ghost Hunters and his first episodes will air starting this summer’s season premiere.
· Geretta Geretta: She played Rosemary in Lamberto Bava’s 1985 film Demons (DÃ¨moni), where she was transformed into a demonic creature who tries to a slaughter Berlin theater audience. Her career as an actress has included roles in Susan Siedelman’s Smithereens, Lucio Fulci’s Murder Rock & Bruno Mattei’s Rats: Night Of Terror.
· Daphnee Duplaix. Actress and Model, Daphnee starred as Valerie Davis on the TV series Passions and currently stars on One Life to Live as Rachel Gannon. She was a 2010 NAACP Image Award Nominee for “Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series”. Her other notable roles include appearances on Angel, The District, Dharma & Greg, Felicity, CSI, CSI: NY, The Fighting Temptations, Demon Island, The Invisible Man, Just Shoot Me! and more! She was the July 1997 Playboy Playmate of the Month.
· Lou Pizarro is Director, Producer and Star of Tru TV’s Operation Repo.
· Paris Themmen is best known for his role as Mike Teevee in the 1971 film Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, when he was 11 years old. He was also a voice actor for Macross Plus (1994) and appeared on Star Trek: Voyager (Season 6, Episode 13: “Virtuoso”) in 2000 and The Ed Sullivan Show in the early 70’s.
New Cosplay and Entertainment Guests include:
· Steampunk Cosplay Guests. Founded in 2004 Outland Armour specializes in metal, leather, wood working, film making, special effects, acting, sculpture, custom prop creation, custom sewing & all aspects of costume design. They are constantly expanding to better realize your imagination. The crew has worked to create and constantly improve their original steampunk characters; The sky pirates of H.M.S. Amaranth. The crew will be hosting a variety of panels all weekend long.
· The Console Alliance was started by gamers for gamers out of love for video games. The Console Alliance is known for making video game parodies, independent movies, documentaries, shorts and more. Despite the film’s, The Console Alliance’s main goal is to correct today’s wrongful accusation of what a “Gamer” is and to correct the majorities conclusion that video games “Cause Violence” and “Desensitize children and younger players minds.”
New Wrestling Guests include:
· The Original Gangsta, New Jack is coming. New Jack is best known for his run in ECW in the 90’s into 2000’s, where he was a 3 time tag team champion (twice with Mustafa as The Gangstas and once with Kronus as The Gangstanators). He started out in USWA (Tag Team Champion), North Georgia Wrestling (Heavyweight Champion and Tag Team Champion) and Smokey Mountain (Tag Team Champion) before ECW. Since ECW, New Jack has wrestled for XPW, TNA Wrestling, CZW and Wrestling Society X.
· Lizzy Valentine. As a wrestler, Lizzy has been featured in TNA Wrestling, Xtreme Pro Wrestling, Wrestlicious, XPW, Kapow! & Jersey All Pro Wrestling
In addition to the guests listed above, eight new bands have been added to the live music line up, including: Modify The Moment, Bell Tower Falls, Viva Le Vox, Enrique’s Revenge, The Strikeouts, Protagonist, Sir Veza and Rumor Has It.
Plus: FSC is thrilled to announce the first ever variant comics produced only for Florida Supercon. There will be 2 awesome limited edition Lady Death variant comics printed just for Florida Supercon!
· The first variant is a special Lady Death: Dragon Wars #1 FSC Sketch Cover Variant Edition limited to 200 copies. Everyone loves sketch covers! Get your Lady Death sketch variant and have your favorite artist at the show do a sketch to make your variant a one of a kind collectible! Lady Death: Dragon Wars #1 is written by Brian Pulido and features art by Ivan Reis. This variant will only be available at the Florida Supercon booth at the show.
· The second Lady Death variant at FSC is Lady Death: The Rapture #1 “The End Edition”. Limited to just 77 copies! Each copy will be signed and numbered by Brian Pulido (Writer / Creator). Variant cover by Louis Small jr. This limited edition will be available at Brian Pulido’s booth at FSC.
More information for each of these guests may be found at the FSC website www.supercon.tv. These new guests join a line up of over 150 guests already announced for the show, and that number continues to grow every week. Some of the guests already lined up for FSC 2010 include:
Comic Book artists and writers such as Ariel Olivetti, Bill Sienkiewicz, Khoi Pham, Rafa Sandoval, Allen Bellman, Greg Horn, Brad Walker, Paul Gulacy, Fred Van Lente, Filip Sablik, Georges Jeanty, Dustin Weaver, Steve Kurth, Shawn Crystal, Joe Jusko, Clayton Henry, Brian Pulido, Bo Hampton, Alex Saviuk, Pat Broderick, Rob Hunter, Greg “Dark One” Williams, Vinnie Tartamella, Dick Kulpa, Jay Leisten, Luis Diaz and more!
Anime and Animation voice actors like Troy Baker (Naruto, Code Geass), Richard Horvitz (Invader Zim), Larry Kenney (Thundercats), Brittney Karbowski (Xenosaga, Pani Poni Dash), Dana Snyder (Aqua Teen), Charles Fleischer (Roger Rabbit), Brad Kesten (Charlie Brown), Angela Lee-Sloan (Lucy in Peanuts), Stacy H. Tolkin (Sally in Peanuts) and more!
Legendary Filmmakers Lloyd Kaufman and Hershell Gordon Lewis.
Movie and TV Celebrities such as Richard “Shaft” Roundtree, Fred “The Hammer” Willaimson (From Dusk Til’ Dawn), Tia Carrere (Wayne’s World, Relic Hunter), Robb Demarest (Ghost Hunters International), Brandy Green (Ghost Hunters International), Luciana Carro (Battlestar Galactica), John Wesley Shipp (The Flash), Charles Fleischer (Back to the Future II), Julie McCullough (Growing Pains, The Blob), Rebecca Staab (Fantastic Four), Anthony Forrest (Star Wars), Michelle Lintel (The Black Scorpion) and more!
Wrestling Guests such as The Iron Sheik (WWF), Greg “The Hammer” Valentine (WWF), Daffney (WCW, TNA), Stacy “The Kat” Carter (WWE, WWF), Sinn “Kizarny” Bodhi (WWE), Terri Runnels (WWE), Traci Brooks (TNA) and SoCal Val (TNA).
Musical Guests like Less Than Jake, Addax, Feeding Fingers, The Joyness, S.S. Hanami, Robbed By A Flute, Sci-Fried, The Pursuit and more!
Cosplay and Entertainment Guests such as Yaya Han, Miracole Burns, The 3000 Brigade (Smash Bros. Show), Supercon Championship Wrestling, Wasabi Anime and more!
Stand Up Comedy Guests like Lisa Corrao, The Revenge of the Nerds Comedy Show, Julie McCullough and more!
Additional guests can be found at on the Florida Supercon website at www.supercon.tv
This years FSC will have dedicated programming tracks for each of the genre’s being celebrated. Some of the amazing events include:
· Q&A’s with most of our attending guests
· Comic art portfolio reviews for aspiring artists
· Fan panels for all aspects of the show (Comics, Anime, Animation, Sci-Fi etc.)
· Industry panels for breaking into Comics, Anime, Animation etc…
· The FSC Costume Competition (with over $3,000 in cash and prizes)
· The FSC Cosplay Skit Contest
· Rumble Roses Cosplay Wrestling
· The Otaku Insomnia Rave
· Cosplay Deviant’s Hentai Cafe
· Cosplay RockBand
· Supercon Championship Wrestling’s “Supercon Mania!”
· The Smash Brothers 3000 Super Show
· Filmmaking workshops with Hershell Gordon Lewis
· The FSC Film Festival
· Live Musical Performances
· Live stand up comedy
· Over 100 video game stations
· Video game tournaments
· A 50,000 square feet exhibition room with over 400 booths and tables featuring vendors, celebrity guests, artists, filmmakers and exhibits.
Complete information on these and dozens of more events taking place all weekend can be found at www.supercon.tv
The convention hours of operation are:
FRIDAY, JUNE 18: 12:00PM – 2:00AM
SATURDAY, JUNE 19: 11:00AM – 2:00AM
SUNDAY, JUNE 20: 11:00AM – 6:00PM
FSC is located at The Double Tree Miami Airport Hotel and Convention Center,
711 NW 72nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126. Discounted room rates for convention are available. See our website www.supercon.tv for details.
|Convention||Chicagoland Entertainment Collectors Expo|
|About This Convention:||Open to the Public:
Thursday, 10pm-12am Early Bird Preview night only!
Friday 2:00pm (1:00pm Early Bird) to 7:30pm
Sat 10:00am (9:30 am Early Bird) to 7:00pm
Sun. 10:00am (9:00am Early Bird) to 4:00pm
Charity Celebrity Breakfast Sat. 8:00am-9:00am
Charity Auction to be held on Saturday, Sept 11th, please see the website for details.
Special Advance Admission Price of only $ 10.00 for ALL FOUR DAYS! Please order through the website or by check or money order.A FREE GIFT while supplies last!
Pay at the door admission will be available at $ 10.00 per person per day.
Children under age 10 are free!
Other programming includes but not limited to : An artist class by Randy Martinez, Life-size fully functional robots including some of your favorite characters from classic to contemporary movies and TV shows!
Also, be sure to pick up a Treasure Chest of Art- a benefit project that offers you a treasure chest of 50 pieces of original art in trading card size, for less than $ 8.00 per card- over 300 artists globally participating in this wonderful project! See the website to pre-order one- there are only 100 in the edition and are selling quickly. Famous artists include but not limited to Ken Kelly, Chris Achilleos & Billy Dee Williams! Please note that the project is also officially approved by Lucasfilms for Star Wars images! The Treasure Chests will be available at the Expo on Sept 9th. While supplies last, so order yours today! Charity toy drive! Please bring a sealed new toy or card set for the Treasure Chest Foundation and receive a free gift, while supplies last.
Watch the website for up to the minute details as they are revealed!
Charity events to benefit the Pediatric Oncolgy Treasure Chest Foundation. www.treasurechest.org.
|Convention Guests||Tanya Roberts, Marie Wallace,Erin Moran,Terry Moore, Larry Thomas, Carroll Spinney, Scott L Schwartz, Felix Silla,Jon Provost, Bonnie Piesse, Artist Guests include:Ken Kelly, Chris Achilleos, Katie Cook,Warren Martineck, John Czop, Leah Mangue, Jessica Hickman, Darla Ecklund,Dave Dorman, Alex Alderete, Jeff Clark, Alsn Dyson, Chris Gutierez, Tess Fowler, Tom Kelly, Jim Kyle, Mark McHaley, Randy Martinez, Denise Vasquez, Kevin Leen, Tony Miello, Steven Miller, Trevor Mueller, Don Pedicini Jr, Brett Pinson, Corbett Vanoni, Tom Jozwiak, Russell Lissau, More updates to come!|
|Venue Name||Holiday Inn & Suites|
|Venue Address||150 S Gary Ave
Carol Stream, IL 60188
|Number of Dealer/Exhibitor Tables||100|
|What category best describes your convention?||Other|
|What other categories might be appropriate for your convention?||– Collectibles
– Comic Books
– Science Fiction and Fantasy
Fan-demonium to Reach an All-Time High at 15th Annual Fan Expo Canada 2009
Leonard Nimoy, Linda Hamilton, Lou Ferrigno, and Bruce Campbell among the star-studded line-up at this year’s event
July 9, 2009, Toronto, ON – Expect to see a surge of Vulcans, Storm Troopers, Zombies, Dragonballers and other strange and wonderful characters across the city as Toronto hosts the largest combined gaming, horror, comic, science fiction and anime event in the country. The 15th annual Fan Expo Canada takes place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building on August 28-30, 2009.
Owned and operated by Hobby Star Marketing, Fan Expo Canada offers fans of every genre the chance to meet their favourite celebrities and pop culture heroes at autograph and photo sessions; participate in informational workshops with industry experts offering advice, tips and portfolio reviews; and shop for exclusive Fan Expo offers, collectables and memorabilia from more than 600 vendors.
“By offering unique experiences and opportunities to interact with icons, industry leaders, and other enthusiastic fans, Fan Expo delivers a signature event in Canada that satisfies fans’ cravings like no other,” says Aman Gupta, President of Hobby Star Marketing. “For the past 15 years Fan Expo Canada has been the only event to bring this level of fandom to Toronto and Fan Expo Canada 2009 will bring even more to visitors than ever before with incredible limited edition offers, the widest range of industry merchandise available, and appearances by genre demi-gods.”
Hobby Star Marketing Inc. was founded in 1992 and has quickly become one of Canada’s premiere sports and entertainment marketing companies. Since its inception, Hobby Star Marketing has secured a niche in the industry by specializing in professional sport and entertainment celebrity placement at a variety of venues and events.
SPECIAL CELEBRITY GUESTS:
SFX Science Fiction Expo, in association with SPACE – the official National Cable Broadcast Sponsor, guest list:
- LEONARD NIMOY – The legendary Mr. Spock of Star Trek
- LINDA HAMILTON – Sarah Connor celebrating the 25th Anniversary of The Terminator
- BILLY DEE WILLIAMS – Lando Calrissian of the Star Wars feature films
- BEAU BRIDGES – Major General Hank Landry of Stargate SG-1
- THOMAS DEKKER – John Connor of Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles
- MARY MCDONNELL – President Laura Roslin of Battlestar Galactica
- JAMES KYSON LEE – Ando of Heroes
- AVERY BROOKS – Captain Benjamin Sisko of Star Trek Deep Space Nine
- WALTER KOENIG – Pavel Chekov of Star Trek
- ROBERT DUNCAN MCNEILL – Tom Paris of Star Trek Voyager
- LOU FERRIGNO – The Incredible Hulk
- DAVE THOMAS – Doug of Bob and Doug McKenzie brothers
- LARRY THOMAS – Seinfeld’s “Soup Nazi”
- TONY CURTIS – Legendary actor and Hollywood Icon
The Comic Book Expo guest list:
- JOE QUESADA – Editor In Chief Marvel Comics
- DAN DIDIO – Senior VP DC Comics
- CHRIS BACHALO – Legendary Artist
- MIKE DEODATO JR.- Artist Dark Avengers
- ETHAN VAN SCIVER – Artist of Flash Rebirth
- J MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI – Award winning writer
- STEVE MCNIVEN – Artist of Wolverine
- IVAN REIS – Artist of Green Lantern & The Blackest Night – Rare appearance!
- TERRY DODSON – Artist of Uncanny X-Men
- DAVID FINCH – Artist of Ultimatum
- OLIVIER COIPEL – Artist of Thor
- MATT FRACTION – Writer of Uncanny X-Men and Invincible Ironman
- MARKO DJURDJEVIC – Acclaimed Marvel Cover Artist & Thor
- LEN WEIN – Legendary Creator of Wolverine & Swamp Thing
- DARWYN COOKE – Artist of DC The New Frontier
- DALE EAGLESHAM – Artist of upcoming Fantastic Four
- BILL SIENKIEWICZ – Legendary Artist
- STUART IMMONNEN – Artist of New Avengers
- GEORGES JEANTY – Artist of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- RICHARD ISANOVE – Artist of Stephen King’s Dark Tower
- MIKE CHOI – Artist of X-Force
- DOUG SNEYD – Legendary Playboy Cartoonist
The Festival of Fear Horror Expo, sponsored by Rue Morgue Magazine, guest list:
- BRUCE CAMPBELL – Legendary Film Actor
- ROGER CORMAN – Legendary Director
- UDO KEIR – Acclaimed Actor
- BARBARA STEELE – Emmy Award-Winning Actress
- TOM SAVINI – FX Master and Actor
- ROBERT HALL – Award winning make up artist
- JAMES DUVAL – Acclaimed Horror Film Actor
- MAX BROOKS – Author Of The Zombie Survival Guide
- ART HINDLE – Acclaimed actor
- KELLEY ARMSTRONG – Best Selling Horror Author
- JACK KETCHUM – Best Selling Horror Author
- LLOYD KAUFMAN – Producer – Toxic Avenger
The CNAnime Expo celebrity guest list:
- SCOTT MCNEIL – voice star of Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragonball Z
- CRISPIN FREEMAN – voice star of Naruto, Eureka Seven, Ghost In the Shell
- BRAD SWAILE – voice star of Death Note, Mobile Suit Gundam
- AARON DISMUKE – voice star of Fullmetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood
- COLLEEN CLINKENBEARD – voice star of Fullmetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood
- MONICA RIAL – voice star of Kiddy Grade, Noir, Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE
- BRINA PALENCIA – voice star of Claymore, Romeo A Juliet
- DEREK STEPHEN PRINCE – voice star of Bleach, Digimon
The GX – Gaming Expo, sponsored by Zellers & G4 Tech TV, celebrity guest list:
- STEVE DOWNES – Voice of Master Chief in the HALO video game series
- VICTOR LUCAS – Creator / Producer / Host of Electric Playground
- ED GREENWOOD – Creator / Author of Forgotten Realms
- JESS HARTLEY – Editor / Developer of White Wolf Publishing
- PIETER VAN HIEL – Role playing game Author of Sanguine Productions
- JONATHAN LAVALLEE – President of Firestorm Ink gaming publisher
- C.A. SULEIMAN – Director of Development CM Publishing
- MALCOLM SHEPPARD – Role playing game Author of White Wolf
Gaming fans will have the opportunity to take part in dozens of official tournaments, play new games, win prizes, meet with industry experts, attend seminars and view upcoming products.
- Canada’s largest Masquerade Costume Contest on Saturday, Aug. 29
- Industry Professional workshops for the public
- Millions of dollars of collectibles and memorabilia for sale
- Celebrity Q&A’s plus autograph and photo opportunities
- More than 600 commercial exhibitors and retailers offering a full range of pop culture and entertainment themed merchandise including comic books, toys, collectibles, games, videos, and more!
- Tons of costumed characters from your favourite TV shows & movies
- Introducing a reusable shopping tote, made from 100% recycled materials and designed specifically for fans to take their goodies home
- Exclusive show merchandise including:
- MEGAN FOX photo cover variant for issue one TRANSFORMERS: TALES OF THE FALLEN comic book – Limited to only 1000 copies
- STAR TREK: NERO comic, issue number one, “Spock Variant” edition – Limited to 1000 copies
- ULTIMATE AVENGERS comic #1, “Sketch cover variant” edition (Limited to 1500 copies)
- GREEN LANTERN: BLACKEST NIGHT Art Lithograph (Limited to 1500 copies) free and only available when you purchase a Fan Expo Premium Package
Stay tuned to www.fanexpocanada.com for more additions to this exciting line-up…
WHEN: AUGUST 28 – 30, 2009
Friday, August 28th 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 29th 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 30th 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
WHERE: Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building
222 Bremner Blvd. Toronto, Ontario
TICKETS: Basic Adult Day Pass $25.00
Kids under 12 years old are FREE when accompanied by an adult
See website for further details
SPECIAL EVENT TICKETS: Some celebrity presentations are specially ticketed events – for dates, times and prices, please call Ticketmaster (416) 872-7777 or visit www.fanexpocanada.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT www.fanexpocanada.com
Comments Off on The Ultimate Collectibles Show in Pennsylvania
We have a great convention Oct 3rd and 4th on Oaks Pa at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center
We are planning 100 guests each day split between celebrity, comic,wrestling and Sports. There will be a total of 375 8 foot tables. 275 dealer tables and 100 autograph/guest tables.
Dealer tables are available for $150 for the weekend. Admission is $10 daily. www.mp-events.net
Early guest list-
Wrestling-Rowdy Roddy Piper, Chris “Wildcat” Harris, Rick Steiner, April Hunter, Terri Runnels, Sean Waltman (XPAC), Sharkboy, Sabu and many more.
Comic Guests-Rick Parker (Beavis and Butthead & Tales from the Crypt), Dawn Best (Sonic The Hedgehog/Archie Comics), Brian Kong (Fantasy Artist), Jim Kyle (Avengers Card Artist), Dave Hoover (Capt America) many more in the process of being confirmed.
Celebrity Guests-Ice T (Rapper/Actor), The Gorgeous Coco (actress), Erika Eleniak (Baywatch/Playboy), Ed Gale (Played Chucky in Child’s Play and Howard The Duck/1st East Coast Apperance), Larry Thomas (The Soup Nazi from Seinfeld), more
Sports-Jim Bunning (Baseball Hall of famer), Garry Maddox (1980 Phillies Star/Multiple Gold Glove Winner), Brian Propp (Flyers HOF), Tim Kerr (Flyers HOF), Denny McClain (Cy Young Winner), Tommy McDonald (Eagles/HOF), Andre Collins (Penn State/Reskins Great), Blair Thomas (Penn State Great), mush more.
We are adding people weekly. Dealers please email or call for space. Any questions or to join our mailing list email me at email@example.com or go through the website www.mp-events.net
This will be one of the top shows of the year. Don’t miss it. Comics, Sports, Non Sports, Toys, Wrestling and Collectibles all under one roof. 5,000 free parking spaces and 53,000 Square Feet.
Comic artists, writers, creators interested in joining our event email me. Thanks.