Writer/Director Kevin Smith (Clerks, Mallrats) premieres his latest movie YOGA HOSERS at the Count Basie Theatre on Tuesday, August 2 at 7:30 PM and celebrates his 47th birthday!
Count Basie Theatre
99 Monmouth St, Red Bank, New Jersey 07701
Parlor Live is pleased to welcome Kevin Smith for two shows on Saturday, July 16 at 7:30 PM and at 10:00 PM!
Writer, comedian, podcaster, and film director, KEVIN SMITH has written and directed numerous films, including Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, Red State, Tusk, and his latest Yoga Hosers; Creator of AMC’s Comic Book Men; authored Silent Bob Speaks, Shootin’ the Sh*t with Kevin Smith, My Boring-Ass Life and most recently Tough Sh*t: Life Advice from a Fat,Lazy Slob Who Did Good. He can be heard daily at Smodcast.com, a vast network of podcasts. An Evening with Kevin Smith is a chance to get up close and personal with the man who brought the world these films.
Parlor Live is a 21+ Facility. Two item minimum purchase. Tickets available at the link!
700 Bellevue Way NE, Ste 300, Bellevue, WA 98004
Writer/Director Kevin Smith (Clerks, Mallrats) appears at The Carolina Theatre of Durham on Friday, July 8, 2016 at 8:00 PM for a screening of his latest film YOGA HOSERS!
In this pre-release screening of Kevin Smith’s Yoga Hosers, 15 year old-yoga-nuts Colleen Collette and Colleen McKenzie love their smartphones and hate their after school job at Manitoban convenience store Eh-2-Zed. But when an ancient evil rises from beneath Canada’s crust and threatens their big invitation to a Grade 12 party, the Colleens join forces with the legendary man-hunter from Montreal named Guy Lapointe to fight for their lives with all seven Chakras, one Warrior Pose at a time. Johnny Depp, Depp the younger and Smith the younger are returning in the roles they created for TUSK.
After the movie is your chance to talk to/yell at director Kevin Smith LIVE in person!
Exclusive Kevin Smith meet & greet packages are available, for details please click here…
**Kevin Smith’s ‘Yoga Hosers’ is rated PG-13. Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13. Parents are urged to be cautious. Some material may be inappropriate for pre-teenagers.
The Carolina Theatre of Durham
309 W Morgan Street, Durham, NC 27701
AMC to Descend on SDCC 2016 with the Casts of The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, Preacher, and Geeking Out
The cast and producers of AMC’s hit scripted series “The Walking Dead,” “Fear the Walking Dead” and “Preacher” and upcoming late-night talk show “Geeking Out” will descend on this year’s Comic-Con in San Diego, CA.
In addition to official series panels, AMC will host fan activations throughout the weekend, including a “The Walking Dead”-themed booth (#4237) in the Convention Center, where fans can stop by to take photos of themselves among Negan’s (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) infamous “lineup” from the season six finale, as well as a “Fear the Walking Dead” yacht, at the Fifth Avenue Pier behind the Convention Center, where fans can experience life aboard the Abigail.
“The Walking Dead” panelists include cast members Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, Danai Gurira, Chandler Riggs, Michael Cudlitz, Sonequa Martin-Green, Christian Serratos, Ross Marquand, Josh McDermitt, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan along with Executive Producer and Showrunner Scott M. Gimple, Executive Producer Robert Kirkman, Executive Producer Gale Anne Hurd, Executive Producer, Director and Special Effects Make-up Supervisor Greg Nicotero and Executive Producer David Alpert. The panel will be moderated by “Talking Dead” host Chris Hardwick.
“Fear the Walking Dead” panelists include cast members Kim Dickens, Cliff Curtis, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Frank Dillane, Lorenzo James Henrie, Mercedes Mason, Colman Domingo and Danay Garcia along with Executive Producer and Showrunner David Erickson, Executive Producers Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero and Dave Alpert. The panel will be moderated by “Talking Dead” host Chris Hardwick.
“Preacher” panelists include cast members Dominic Cooper, Ruth Negga, Joseph Gilgun, Ian Colletti and Graham McTavish along with Executive Producers Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg and Co-Executive Producer Garth Ennis. The panel will be moderated by Kevin Smith.
In addition, Kevin Smith’s annual Comic Con panel will include a sneak peek of “Geeking Out” and a compilation of Kevin’s favorite scenes from season five of “Comic Book Men.”
“FEAR THE WALKING DEAD”
- Panel from 12:00-1:00pm PT on Friday, July 22 in Hall H
- Autograph session aboard the “Fear The Walking Dead” yacht from 12:00-1:00pm PT on Saturday, July 23, Fifth Avenue Pier (Behind Convention Center)
- “Fear The Walking Dead” Abigail experience is free to all (ages 13+) and open Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 9:00am – 9:00pm PT.
“THE WALKING DEAD”
- Panel from 1:00-2:00pm PT on Friday, July 22 in Hall H
- Autograph session from 2:30-3:30pm PT on Friday, July 22 at AMC’s booth #4237
- Panel and live stage reading of the penultimate season one episode on Friday, July 22 from 6:30-8:30pm PT in Hall H
- Kevin Smith panel at 7:00pm PT on Saturday, July 23 in Hall H
About “The Walking Dead”
Based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics, “The Walking Dead” reigns as television’s most watched drama for Adults 18-49. “The Walking Dead” tells the story of the months and years that follow after a zombie apocalypse, and follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safe and secure home. The series is executive produced by showrunner Scott M. Gimple, Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, David Alpert, Greg Nicotero and Tom Luse.
About “Fear the Walking Dead”
As “Fear The Walking Dead” embarks on the second half of season two, the Clark, Manawa and Salazar families fracture. The events that took place at the Abigail compound have set all of our heroes adrift. Now they must forge their own paths to survive. “Fear the Walking Dead” is executive produced by showrunner Dave Erickson, Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero and David Alpert and stars Kim Dickens as Madison, Cliff Curtis as Travis, Frank Dillane as Nick, Alycia Debnam-Carey as Alicia, Ruben Blades as Daniel, Mercedes Mason as Ofelia, Lorenzo James Henrie as Chris, Colman Domingo as Strand and Danay Garcia as Luciana.
Based on the popular cult comic book franchise of the same name, “Preacher” is a supernatural, twisted and darkly comedic drama that follows a Texas preacher named Jesse Custer, who is inhabited by a mysterious entity that causes him to develop a highly unusual power: the ability to make people do his bidding with just a word. Once this power attracts the attention of two mysterious angels (Fiore and DeBlanc), Jesse, his badass ex-girlfriend Tulip, and an Irish vampire named Cassidy are thrust into a crazy world populated by a cast of characters from Heaven, Hell and everywhere in between. The Sony Pictures Television and AMC Studios co-production was developed for television by Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg (“This Is the End,” “Superbad,” “Neighbors”) and showrunner Sam Catlin (“Breaking Bad”).
About “Geeking Out”
Hosted by Kevin Smith (“Comic Book Men,” “Clerks”) and Greg Grunberg (“Heroes, “Heroes Reborn” “Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens”), the 30-minute late-night talk show will take a timely look at pop culture through a fanboy lens and feature talk, clips, celebrity interviews and out-of-the-studio segments. The series is produced by Matador Content and The Weinstein Company in association with Bandwagon Media with Jay Peterson, Patrick Reardon, Smith and Grunberg serving as executive producers.
AMC is home to some of the most popular and acclaimed programs on television. AMC was the first basic cable network to ever win the Emmy(r) Award for Outstanding Drama Series with “Mad Men” in 2008, which then went on to win the coveted award four years in a row, before “Breaking Bad” won it in 2013 and 2014. The network’s series “The Walking Dead” is the highest-rated series in cable history and the number one show on television among adults 18-49 for the last four years. AMC’s other current original drama series include “Better Call Saul,” “Hell on Wheels,” “Turn: Washington’s Spies,” “Halt and Catch Fire,” “Humans,” “Fear the Walking Dead,” “Into the Badlands” and the forthcoming “The Night Manager,” “Feed the Beast,” “Preacher,” “The Son” and “The Terror.” AMC also explores authentic worlds and discussion with original shows like “Talking Dead,” “The Making of The Mob,” “Comic Book Men” and the upcoming “Ride with Norman Reedus” and “The American West.” AMC is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc. and its sister networks include IFC, SundanceTV, BBC America and WE tv. AMC is available across all platforms, including on-air, online, on demand and mobile.
June 30, 2016 by Colin Solan
Filed under Animation, California, Comic Books, Comic-Con International, Horror, Movies, Other, Science Fiction and Fantasy, Signing and Appearance Profiles, Television, Video Games
Kevin Smith (Clerks, Yoga Hosers) and Marc Bernardin (Static Shock, Genius) appear at The American Comedy Co. on Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 8:00 PM for a live recording of FATMAN ON BATMAN to talk about all the news in movie make believe, terrific TV and anything that squeaks in Geek!
The American Comedy Co. San Diego
818 6th Ave, #B, San Diego, CA 92101
Join Kevin Smith (Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy) as he records SModcast live at 92Y on Monday, July 11, 2016 at 7:30 pm!
Learn about the history of Comic Book Men and get a sneak peak at Kevin Smith’s new late-night talk show Geeking Out on AMC.
About Geeking Out:
Geeking Out, a new late-night talk show hosted by Kevin Smith (Comic Book Men, Clerks) and Greg Grunberg (Heroes, Heroes Reborn Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens), will take a timely look at pop culture through a fanboy lens and feature talk, clips, celebrity interviews and out-of-the-studio segments. The series will premiere with a special episode covering Comic-Con International: San Diego in late July followed with eight more 30-minute episodes to run weekly starting in late summer.
92nd Street Y
1395 Lexington Avenue, New York, New York 10128
Writer/Director KEVIN SMITH will be returning to The Prince Charles Cinema to present the London Premiere of his forthcoming film, YOGA HOSERS on Tuesday, June 28th!
Not only will Kevin be taking to the stage for an hour long intro / Q&A before the film, he’ll also be returning to it after for another hour of fun-filled chit-chat!
So what are you waiting for? Get your tickets now for what is sure to be another great night with Kevin Smith in the house!
SCHEDULE – 2nd Screening:
23:59 – Kevin Smith intro
00:30 – YOGA HOSERS [London Premiere]
02:00 – Kevin Smith Q&A
The Prince Charles Cinema
7 Leicester Place, WC2H 7 London, United Kingdom
+44 20 7494 3654
Indy Pop Con is proud to welcome Kevin Smith to Indianapolis to share with fans his upcoming film Yoga Hosers AND do a live recording of his podcast Fatman on Batman with co-host Marc Bernardin on Saturday, June 18, 2016 at 10:30 PM! Tickets available at the link…
This once-in-a-lifetime special event will feature an introduction from Kevin Smith, followed immediately by a special full screening of his film Yoga Hosers, starring Harley Quinn Smith, Lily Depp, Natasha Lyonne, and Johnny Depp.
Immediately following the film, join Kevin and Marc for a live recording/broadcast of their podcast Fatman on Batman!
Indiana Convention Center
100 S Capitol Ave, Indianapolis, Indiana 46225
Awesome Con Announces Full Schedule of Events
Over 200 Hours of Diverse Panels, Talks, Screenings & Workshops Fill the Walter E. Washington Convention Center June 3-5
Washington DC (May 25, 2016) – Awesome Con, Washington DC’s Comic Con, is proud to announce its full lineup of programming, including talks from celebrity guests Peter Capaldi, Kevin Smith, John Barrowman, and the cast of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.; scientific lectures with engineers, experts, astronauts, and Bill Nye the Science Guy; family workshops covering arts, crafts, comics, and literacy; and interactive activities including Sci-Fi Speed Dating, costume contests, and tabletop gaming.
“I’m very excited by everything we’re showcasing this year,” shared Awesome Con founder Ben Penrod. “We’ve got over ten rooms running non-stop with panels and special events, covering everything from comics, video games, movies, and books, to anime, toys, and cosplay. No matter what makes you geek out, we’ve got it!”
Awesome Con takes place June 3-5 in the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, with events running each day from morning to night. For Awesome Con’s full schedule, please visit awesome-con.com/schedule and see below for select highlights.
Celebrity & Comic Guests
Learn what makes Awesome Con’s biggest guests tick with talks from the stars behind fan-favorite TV shows, movies, and comic books.
- Peter Capaldi (2:30 PM – June 5 – Hall D) The current Doctor in Doctor Who comes to Awesome Con all the way from the UK to talk about his role in the iconic series.
- John Barrowman (3 PM – June 4 – Hall D) Whether he’s in BBC’s Torchwood, CW’s Arrow, or the British stage, Barrowman is a showstopper. Find out why at Awesome Con.
- Adam West & Burt Ward (1:15 PM – June 4 – Hall D) The stars of 1966’s Batman series speak about their careers and the classic series’ lengthy legacy.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (12:30 PM – June 4 – Room 146) Brett Dalton and Elizabeth Henstridge talk about their hit series, just after the shocking season finale.
- Karl Urban (5 PM – June 4 – Room 146) Urban plays McCoy in the upcoming Star Trek Beyond and was recently cast in Thor: Ragnarok. Learn what’s next for this rising star.
- Tom King (12:30 PM – June 5 – Room 152) Following a career in the CIA, King started penning comics – and is now writing Batman. Hear about his unique career firsthand.
- Paranormal Lockdown (1:30 PM – June 4 – Room 145B) Paranormal all-star Nick Groff and ghost hunter Katrina Weidman discuss their hit Destination America series.
- A Haunting (4 PM – June 4 – Room 145B) Tony Call goes behind the scenes of this Destination America series, shot entirely in DC, Virginia, and Maryland.
Stay up late at Awesome Con with two extra special evening events, and grab premium tickets including autographs with their stars.
- Kevin Smith (7 PM – June 3 – Hall D) The prolific, actor, comedian, comic writer, author, and podcaster comes to DC for an evening of candid stories and laughs.
- Eugene Mirman (8 PM – June 4 – Room 152) Brooklyn comedian and the voice of Gene in Bob’s Burgers, Eugene Mirman brings his unique comedy show to Awesome Con.
Awesome Con’s Science Fair presented by Science Channel features three days of lectures, workshops, and discussions with scientists from Science Channel, NASA, the Smithsonian, and more.
- StarTalk Live! (12 PM – June 5 – Hall D) Bill Nye and Eugene Mirman co-host StarTalk Live!, a talk show blending science and comedy with acclaimed special guests.
- Exoplanets: Stranger than Fiction (5 PM – June 3 – Room 145A) A panel of NASA scientists discuss planets depicted in science fiction and how our knowledge of planets in our solar system – and beyond – present a picture stranger than fiction.
- 3D Bioprinting: Moving Beyond Cyborgs (12:30 PM – June 4 – Room 145A) In this panel, organized by NationOfMakers.org, engineers explain the cutting-edge research that may someday replace mechanical implants with engineered human tissue.
- Mars: Past, Present, and Future (7 PM – June 4 – Room 145A) Scientists talk about searching the Martian surface for clues about the possibility of life and how astronauts might someday explore the Mars on foot.
- Outrageous Acts of Science (1:45 PM – June 4 – Room 145A) Join Science Channel as they celebrate their hit series Outrageous Acts of Science with some of the greatest (and most hilarious) scientific minds.
Check out the Kids Zone on the Awesome Con show floor, filled with events and activities for little ones. Admission for kids under 10 is free.
- Say Yes To Capes (6 PM – June 3 – Kids Zone) Personalize your own cape and mask and wear it around the con.
- Scribble Scramble (3 PM – June 4 – Kids Zone) Kids and artists compete in a series of rapid fire drawing challenges.
- Make Your Own Superhero Symbol (4 PM – June 4 – Kids Zone) Artist Carolyn Belefski helps kids create their own superhero symbols unique to their interests.
- Making Mini-Comics (3 PM – June 5 – Kids Zone) Comic creator Laura Lee Gulledge helps kids write and draw their very own comic books.
Interactive & Nerdy
Beyond talks from celebrities and scientists, Awesome Con offers a wealth of interactive entertainment connecting fans with fellow fans.
- Sci-Fi Speed Dating (Multiple Times – June 3-5 – Room 140) Looking for that special someone to spend New Comic Book Day with? Grab a spot at Sci-Fi Speed Dating.
- The Backlot (All Day – June 3-5 – Exhibit Hall) Hold Captain America’s actual shield, snap a photo with a reproduction Batmobile, and check out larger than life props.
- Tabletop Gaming (All Day – June 3-5 – Salons A-C) From Magic: The Gathering to Cards Against Humanity, play non-stop in the Foam Brain Games Tabletop Room.
- Artemis Bridge (All Day – June 3-5 – Salon F) Ever fancied yourself a Starfleet commander? Live the dream in the live-action starship roleplaying experience.
- Costume Contests (Multiple Times – June 4-5 – Hall D) Awesome Con offers attendees two chances to strut their stuff on stage, with prizes from Cosplay by McCall’s, Capture Me in 3D, Funimation, HERO HAIR: Cosplay Wigs for the Serious Adventurer, and Kotobukiya.
About Awesome Con
Awesome Con is the biggest annual comic and pop culture convention in Washington DC and welcomed over 40,000 attendees in 2015. Awesome Con celebrates all aspects of geekdom and pop culture, with a wide assortment of engaging events, comic books, collectibles, toys, games, original art, cosplay, and more. 2016 marks Awesome Con’s first year in partnership with LeftField Media, an event organizer developed by the founder of New York Comic Con.
Kevin Smith and Ralph Garman take a twisted look at showbiz news and bite the Hollywood hand that feeds them. Sometimes, they feel bad and give Hollywood a tetanus shot and some Neosporin, but, even then, they usually just turn around and bite Hollywood’s other hand. They can’t help it. It’s their nature. It’s like that “scorpion and frog” story. But, deep down, they’re just two nice East Coast boys… who happen to have a heavy dependence on drugs and alcohol, respectively.
246 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02116