Kevin Huizenga and Dan Zettwoch celebrate the release of their new book, Amazing Facts and Beyond!, from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm on Friday, August 9th at Star Clipper Comics!
Star Clipper Comics
6392 Delmar Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63130
Phone: (314) 725-9110
Join Fantagraphics this weekend for the 2012 Small Press Expo in Bethesda, Maryland! On September 15th & 16th, we’ll be filling the Marriott Betheseda Conference Center with some dazzling debuts, panels, and signings! Come meet your favorite artists and get your books signed:
Saturday, September 15th
11:30-1:00 PM Lilli Carré // Noah Van Sciver
1:00 – 2:00 PM Daniel Clowes // Phillip Nel
2:00 – 3:00 PM Mark Newgarden
2:00 – 3:30 PM Steven Weissman // Chris Wright
3:30 – 4:30 PM Kevin Huizenga // Rich Tommaso
4:30 – 6:30 PM Gilbert Hernandez // Jaime Hernandez
Sunday, September 16th
12:00-1:00 PM Lilli Carré // Steven Weissman
1:00 – 2:00 PM Gilbert Hernandez // Jaime Hernandez
2:00 – 3:00 PM Phillip Nel // Rich Tommaso
3:00 – 4:00 PM Chris Wright
3:30 – 4:30 PM Noah Van Sciver
4:00 – 5:00 PM Kevin Huizenga
5:00 – 6:00 PM Gilbert Hernandez // Jaime Hernandez
Fantagraphics will be located at tables W40-W44, as seen in the map excerpt below! For a larger version of the complete floor map, please click here.
The Beguiling Books & Art is pleased to announce that it will once again be returning to The San Diego Comic-Con to sell a truly outstanding collection of illustrations and original comic book artwork on behalf of its represented artists. The Beguiling’s Peter Birkemoe will be on hand and exhibiting in a small corner of booth #1629, owned by venerable Canadian publisher Drawn & Quarterly, from Preview Night, Wednesday July 11th, through Sunday, July 15th.
The Beguiling represents original art by some of art comics’ greatest names at their online art store, including D&Q cartoonists Kevin Huizenga (Gloriana), Anders Nilsen (Big Questions), and Seth (Palookaville), and comics superstars Jeff Lemire (Essex County), Fabio Moon & Gabriel Ba (Casanova), and Bryan Lee O’Malley (Scott Pilgrim). The Beguiling will have over 400 pieces of original art on hand by 26 different artists at San Diego this year. Previews of most pages available online now at http://www.
Highlights of this year’s mix of comics art and illustration include:
- The Beguiling proudly announces that it will begin selling original art work from creators Pascal Girard, Matt Kindt, and Shintaro Kago! Girard is the author of the recently released graphic novel The Reunion from Drawn & Quarterly, and pages from that work and other illustrations will be on hand. Matt Kindt is the author of the graphic novels Super Spy, The Tooth, and 3:Story. His current series is MIND MGMT, an ongoing comic from Dark Horse, and art will be on hand from these and other series’! Kago is a renowned Ero-guro manga artist in Japan, and his work includes truly unique formalist experiments (and some very disturbing imagery), and has been praised by sources as diverse as Scott McCloud and Vice Magazine.
- A selection of pages from recent Drawn & Quarterly graphic novel releases, including pages from Kevin Huizenga’s Gloriana HC and The Wild Kingdom HC, Brian Ralph’s Cave-In, and Anders Nilsen’s Eisner Award nominated graphic novel Big Questions.
- Dozens of new, never-before offered pages by artist Farel Dalrymple. Including new pages from Dalrymple’s work on the series’ Prophet, Fantastic Four, Omega The Unknown, Vice Magazine, and more! So new these aren’t even on our website yet!
- Dozens of new pages by Norwegian artist Jason, from across his many popular graphic novels.
- All of the “new-since-last-Comic-Con” artwork by artists Gabriel Ba, Jeffrey Brown, Sammy Harkham, Jeff Lemire, Kagan McLeod, Fabio Moon, Marco Rudy, Maurice Vellekoop, and Zach Worton. All of these fine cartoonists have provided The Beguiling with new artwork since exhibiting at Comic-Con 2011, from across their many projects. Highlights include Jeff Lemire’s Sweeth Tooth, and the complete artwork (!) for Maurice Vellekoop’s The World of Gloria Badcock.
- A selection of quality originals by Rafael Albuquerque, Becky Cloonan, Jordan Crane, David Heatley, Miriam Katin, Jason Lutes, Bryan Lee O’Malley, Paul Pope, Michel Rabagliati, Seth, Jay Stephens, and Chip Zdarsky. With over 5,000 pieces of original art represented by The Beguiling, a selection of the best and most interesting pieces by these creators will be available for sale in San Diego.
Hate paying for shipping? If you will be at the San Diego Comic-Con and are interested in purchasing a specific piece of art from our website, we will happily bring it to the show for you. If you’d like us to bring a specific piece from our website to take a look at, please contact us at mail at beguiling dot com. Unfortunately we are not “holding” art for people unless they have purchased it outright, but we will try to accommodate all requests.
Celebrating its 25th Anniversary, The Beguiling is a book store and original art dealer in Toronto, Canada. We represent original art sales from over three dozen comics creators and illustrators from around the world. Almost all of the original art that The Beguiling represents is consigned by the artists, ensuring we are able to offer the widest possible selection of material and that the artists get the largest possible chunk of the proceeds. To see our collection of original art, visit us online at http://www.
Kevin Huizenga and Dan Zettwoch sign at Star Clipper Comics on Friday, June 22 at 7 p.m.!
St. Louis-based creators Kevin Huizenga and Dan Zettwoch will both introduce new collections of their work published by Drawn & Quarterly Friday, June 22 at 7 p.m.!
In GLORIANA, Kevin Huizenga exposes the mechanics that underpin everyday life. Huizenga has an understated, quiet approach to story writing that allows his characters (and his readers) the self-awareness to recognize the humor and tragedy of the quotidian.
In Dan Zettwoch’s BIRDSEYE BRISTOE, a mysterious stranger comes to town… only the town is not really a town and the stranger is a gigantic cell-phone tower! The town of Birdseye Bristoe (a portmanteau created from an interstate sign that points to two real towns) has only one real permanent resident, an old-timer known only as Uncle. Birdseye Bristoe begins with the destruction of the cell tower and works backward to unravel the story of its fall.
Meet the artists at an opening reception from 7 to 10 p.m., and get your picture taken with the characters of GLORIANA and BIRDSEYE BRISTOE!
Exclusive prints by the artists will be offered with any purchase of a Kevin Huizenga or Dan Zettwoch book by Drawn & Quarterly.
Star Clipper Comics
6392 Delmar Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63130