Comments Off on Mattel’s SDCC 2013 Plans Include DC Comics, WWE Wrestlers, and More
2013 San Diego Comic-Con Events, Panels & Products
The Con is (almost) on, and this year we’ve got some pretty impressive events scheduled! To help you plan your moves at SDCC, check out this rundown of where to be and when. And when you’re ready for a break, don’t forget to snag a few treats for yourself from the selection of toys we’ll have available.
Thursday July 18, 10am – 11am Room 25ABC
Mattel Presents: How Toys Are Made
Join the Mattel Entertainment Brands Design Team for a journey through the history and evolution of Mattel action figures. From our earliest offerings through our latest brand launch of Max Steel®, we will take you through the last 35 years of our action figure portfolio, highlighting the significant advances and design innovations of our brands throughout the years. We also will have a Q+A with a panel of premier Mattel action figure designers and historians representing WWE®, MOTU, DCU, Max Steel®,Man of Steel™ and Batman™ that will take on any and all questions about our many action figure brands.
Thursday July 18, 1pm – 2pm Room 25ABC
Mattel and WWE®: Bring on the Action!
Here’s your chance to attend Miz TV with special guest Dolph Ziggler! The Miz will host as Mattel toy designer Bill Miekina and marketing manager Mitchell Camerondiscuss the latest in WWE® action figure news and give sneak peeks at upcoming product. You never know what surprises are in store! See you there!
Friday July 19, 11am – 12pm Room 25ABC
Mattel Presents: Mattypalooza 2013!
It’s that time again! Join us for the toy panel to beat all toy panels – Mattypalooza! Celebrating our 5th year at SDCC, come get the inside scoop on your favorite collectables from Mattel: Masters of the Universe® Classics, DC Comics™ Signature Series, Watchmen™, Ghostbusters™ and more! Plus as a special bonus attendees will have the opportunity to vote on an upcoming MOTUC monthly figure: Huntara vs. Lord Masque – you decide who gets made! Be there for a major announcement as Mattel partners with one of the biggest names in pop culture to bring you exciting new collectables you will have to see to believe! The panel will also include an insightful Q & A with Mattel toy designers, Mattel Marketing Manager Scott “Toy Guru” Neitlichand special guests The Four Horsemen. It’s the place to be for the world premiere of tons of new toys and collectibles! If you go to one Toy Panel at SDCC, make it Mattypalooza!
Friday July 19, 3pm – 4pm Room 25ABC
Mattel and DC Comics – A Celebration for Collectors of All Ages!
For fans of all ages, from kids to seasoned collectors, you won’t want to miss the exciting news, reveals, giveaways, and even the trivia game that this panel has to offer! Ruben Martinez and Bill Benecke (Mattel toy designers), Jessica Sikca andDanielle McLachlan (Mattel marketing team), Julian Montoya (VP, Warner Bros. Consumer Products), Kevin Kiniry (VP, Creative Services DC Entertainment), a member of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE) team, members ofThe Four Horsemen Toy Design Studios, and other special guests will celebrate the BATMAN™ Classic TV Series and MAN OF STEEL™ product lines, announce ALL NEW product lines, reveal upcoming products, and give you a few special sneak peeks from the DC Comics™ and Batman™ toy lines. There will be a Q&A, a trivia game that you won’t want to miss and an exciting toy giveaway for everyone who attends! Join us for this celebration for collectors of all ages. TM & © DC Comics. (s13)
Saturday July 20, 11am – 12pm Room 25ABC
Mattel Presents: Monster High™ 2013: Where SCREAMS come true!
Celebrate the freaky fabulous year of 13 with the Monster High™ Team!
Get a freak peek at exclusive scenes from the newest Monster High™ DVD, 13 Wishes (this fall from Universal Studios Home Entertainment). The freaky talented Monster High™ voice actors, including: Erin Fitzgerald (voice of Abbey Bominable™, Spectra Vongergeist™, Scarah Screams™ & Rochelle Goyle™), Debi Derryberry(voice of Draculaura™) and America Young (voice of Howleen Wolf™& Toralei Stripe™) will discuss the making of the ghouls’ latest adventure. Moderated by Emmy-Award winning Executive Producer of Monster High™, Audu Paden.
But that’s not all… our Monster High® team is just DYING to share more secrets lurking the halls of Monster High®! Garrett Sander, Rebecca Shipman, Natalie Villegas and Javier Meabe (Monster High® Toy Designers), Roy Juarez (Monster High® Packaging Designer) and Eric Hardie (Monster High® Copywriter) will reveal uhhh-mazing new Monster High® ghouls and how they came to un-life!
Sunday, July 21, 12pm – 1pm Room 7AB
Mattel Presents: Max Steel®: Rise of Elementor World Premiere Screening!
Be the FIRST to see Max and Steel team up to take on their biggest threat yet in Rise of Elementor. You will get to watch this exciting 2-part broadcast event for Max Steel® before it airs on Disney XD this fall! Will our heroes be able to defend Copper Canyon and rescue Ferrus™ from the evil Dredd™? Join us to find out, and receive a free toy giveaway!
Mattel Booth Events
All events take place at Mattel Booth #3029 unless noted.
- Thursday 7/18 10am – 12pm Autographs with Dirk Benedict. Meet Starbuck from the original “Battlestar Galactica” and Faceman from “The A-Team!”
- Thursday 7/18 1:30pm – 2:30pm MOTU Mini-Comic Signing Meet the creative team behind the 2013 MOTUC mini-comics and get your toys and comics signed! Free mini comic to the first 100 people in line. First come, first served.
- Thursday 7/18 3pm – 4pm WWE® Autograph Session. Come get your brawl on with WWE® Superstars The Miz and Dolph Ziggler. Stop by at 9:30am to get tickets, first come, first served.
- Thursday 7/18 5pm – 6:30pm Monster High® Talent Signing. Meet the “brains” behind Monster High® creative and entertainment teams and get your toys, comics and collectable cards signed! Stop by at 9:30am to get tickets – first come, first served.
- Friday 7/19 10am – 10:30am BATMAN™ Classic TV Series Product Raffle. BIF! BAM! KAPOW! If you’re a fan of the BATMAN™ Classic TV Series line, you won’t want to miss this opportunity to win free products!
- Friday 7/19 11am – 12pm WWE® Autograph Session. Bring on the action! Rey Mysterio, Mick Foley and Daniel Bryan will be on hand for autographs. Stop by at 9:30am to get tickets, first come, first served.
- Friday 7/19 12:30pm – 1pm Four Horsemen Autograph Signing. Come meet the fantastic sculptors of our flagship MOTU and DC 6” lines. They will be happy to sign any item you bring.
- Friday 7/19 2pm – 3pm Madison Beer Signing. Meet Madison Beer, the creepy cool singer of the new Monster High® song, “We are Monster High!” Meet Madison as she kicks off the green screen video event. First come, first served.
- Friday 7/19 2pm – 6pm Monster High® Green Screen Video Booth Event. Be a part of Monster High® through green screen technology, and enter for a chance to have your freaky fab moves in the next Monster High® music video! Show your school pride by singing and dancing your “guts” out to the new rally song, “We are Monster High!”
- Saturday 7/20 11am – 12pm WWE® Autograph Session. Come battle with the best! Sheamus and Ryback will be on hand for autographs. Stop by at 9:30am to get tickets, first come, first served.
- Saturday 7/20 12:30pm – 1:15pm Toy Hunter Autograph Session. Come meet Jordan Hembrough, the star of “Toy Hunter,” and take a look at some great vintage toys he’s found while traveling the country.
- Saturday 7/20 2pm – 6pm Monster High® Green Screen Video Booth Event.Be a part of Monster High® through green screen technology, and enter for a chance to have your freaky fab moves in the next Monster High™ music video! Show your school pride by singing and dancing your “guts” out to the new rally song, “We are Monster High.”
- Sunday 7/21 10am – 12pm Monster High® Talent Signing. Meet the “brains” behind Monster High creative and entertainment teams… and get your toys, comics and collectable cards signed!
- Sunday 7/21 2pm – 4pm Max Steel® Turbo Battlers™ Tournament. Test your turbo energy by battling and competing to be the clear winner of the Max Steel® Turbo Battlers™ Tournament. Please stop by prior to obtain your battle time!
In between attending all those events, don’t forget to pick up these awesome Mattel products:
- Masters of the Universe® Classics Mini He-Man® & Skeletor® Figures (Available for purchase at the show, then at MattyCollector.com on August 5, 2013.)
- Masters of the Universe® Classics Rokkon™ & Stonedar™ (Available for purchase at the show, then at MattyCollector.com on August 5, 2013.)
- DC Man of Steel™ Movie Masters® Superman™ vs. General Zod Movie Pack (Available for purchase at the show, then at MattyCollector.com on August 5, 2013.)
- DCU Club Infinite Earths “Shazam!” New 52 (Available for purchase at the show, then at MattyCollector.com on August 5, 2013.)
- Back to the Future™ Hover Board
- BATMAN™ Classic TV Series Batman™ Batusi Batman™ (Available for purchase at the show, then at MattyCollector.com on August 5, 2013.)
- Catwoman Barbie® Doll
- Hot Wheels® Atari® Beach Bomb™ Pickup
- Hot Wheels® A-Team™ Custom GMC® Panel Van
- Hot Wheels® Battlestar Galactica Cylon Raider
- Hot Wheels® Battlestar Galactica Colonial Viper Mark II
- Monster High® Webarella™ Doll
Comments Off on Toy Hunter Filming at 2013 Superbowl Sunday Wayne NJ Toy Show
We are also pleased to have Comic Artists Emilio Velez Jr & Peat Vazquez along with our fantastic vendors.
Admission is still $2.00 per adult and kids under 12 are free.
Toys on the Hudson offers Holiday Shopping Alternative
New Jersey’s Family Toy, Comic & Collectibles Show Held Thanksgiving Weekend
Jersey City, NJ (November 23 to 25, 2012) – Toys on the Hudson is pleased to announce the tri-state area’s first family-focused toy & comic fair. Developed as a shopping alternative to Black Friday, Toys on the Hudson offers families and collectors an opportunity to discover unique gifts, meet celebrities and enjoy photo opportunities on more than 18,000 square feet of floor space.
Featured will be over 100+ tables of vintage and current hard-to-find toys, comics and collectibles covering unique gift ideas for lovers of movie and TV memorabilia and props, vintage Disney, anime, small antiques, action figures, tin, sports & non-sports, Barbie, gaming, transformers, star wars, American & Japanese toys, T Shirts, dime store and arcade, military, trains, dolls, magazines & books, die-cast, hot wheels, vending & gumball, posters, original art, classic monster collectibles and so much more.
“We’re excited to offer a fun, alternative family activity during the busy post-Thanksgiving weekend,” said Phil DeMario, co-promoter of Toys on the Hudson. “This is a great event for both families and seasoned collectors who are looking for a different shopping experience and unique gift after they’ve fought the mall crowds.”
Many celebrities will be on hand including Steve Savino from the Toy Hunter TV series with visits by Jordan Hembrough, The “Pizza Boss” TV Pizza Tossing sensation Michael Testa, The Brady Bunch’s Geri Reischl, A Christmas Story’s Ian Patrella, Bruce Tango from Ghost Hunters, David Harris & Apache Ramos from The Warriors, Survivor’s Billy Garcia, Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake, Andrew Anderson “The Reinforcer”, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine and many more movie and TV celebrities. Toys on the Hudson will also offer great photo opportunities for families and fans with the Batmobile, the Joker, the Riddler, the Penguin and Star Wars costumed characters.
There will be many free give-a-ways, hourly door prizes, charity auction items, and celebrity Q & A panels scheduled all throughout the event. Several first day issues have been scheduled by Comic Artists and Toy Manufacturers. Most of the wall displayed Movie Memorabilia will be given away free at the show closing on Sunday. A end of show auction is in the planning stages and will be announced on the web site and at the show.