Comments Off on UK – Jedi Academy Workshop & Signing
Cartoonist Jeffrey Brown appears at Orbital Comics on Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 10:30am! Jeffrey will conduct a very special workshop and signing his recent Star Wars books Jedi Academy, Darth Vader & Son, and Vader’s Little Princess, as well as his earlier work.
8 Great Newport Street, London WC2H 7JA, United Kingdom
020 7240 0591
Comments Off on UK – Vader’s Little Princess Signing
Cartoonist Jeffrey Brown appears in conversation with Marc Ellerby at Gosh! Comics! The talk will be held on Thursday November the 28th from 7:30pm until 9:00pm. There is limited seat capacity (ca. 60-70), so it would be advisable to get there early – it’s first come, first served! He will be signing stock before the event, so if you want something signed shoot Gosh! an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for reserves.
1 Berwick Street, SoHo, London W1F0DR
Comments Off on UK – Vader’s Little Princess Signing
JEFFREY BROWN signs VADER’S LITTLE PRINCESS and DARTH VADER AND SON at the Forbidden Planet London Megastore on Friday 29th November from 6 – 7pm.
In this irresistibly funny follow-up to the breakout bestseller Darth Vader and Son, Vader, Sith Lord and leader of the Galactic Empire, now faces the trials, joys and mood swings of raising his rebellious teenage daughter: Princess Leia. Smart and sweetly funny illustrations by artist Jeffrey Brown give classic Star Wars moments a twist by bringing these two galactic adversaries together under one roof. From teaching Leia how to fly a TIE fighter, to regulating the time she spends talking with friends via R2-D2’s hologram, to making sure Leia doesn’t leave the house wearing only the metal bra and a slinky skirt from Return of the Jedi, Vader’s parenting skills are put hilariously to the test.
After growing up in Michigan, Jeffrey Brown moved to Chicago to pursue an MFA at the School of the Art Institute. His first book, Clumsy, grabbed the attention from both cartoonists and comics fans alike. He has a host of titles to his name, ranging from humour to autobiography, and his work has appeared in a host of anthologies, as well as mainstream books like The Simpson’s Treehouse of Horror and Marvel’s Strange Tales. His original artwork has been exhibited in New York, Paris, and Chicago. He lives in Chicago with his wife and son.
Forbidden Planet London Megastore
179 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, WC2H 8JR
Comments Off on NYC – Vader’s Little Princess Art Show
Cartoonist Jeffrey Brown opens an art exhibition at the Scott Eder Gallery on Friday October 4, 2013 from 6:00 – 9:00 pm! Brown is the creator of Vader’s Little Princess, Jedi Academy, and Darth Vader and Son! The exhibition will run till November 15th.
Scott Eder Gallery
18 Bridge Street, Suite 2-i, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Comments Off on NYC – Star Wars Read Day 2013
The Scholastic Store
557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012
Comments Off on MO – Jedi Academy Signing
Cartoonist Jeffrey Brown returns to Star Clipper on Saturday, August 31 from 11 AM to 2:30 PM (his first time back to the store since 2007) to promote his newest book STAR WARS JEDI ACADEMY. This will be Jeffrey Brown’s first major U.S. signing promoting his highly-anticipated new Star Wars book.
Jeffrey Brown’s JEDI ACADEMY explores what middle school is like in a galaxy far, far away. Roan is the newest recruit to the mysterious Jedi Academy. Under the guidance of Master Yoda, Roan learns to make a baking soda volcano, fence with a lightsaber, slow dance with a girl, and lift boulders with the Force. Yoda’s new protégée soon learns he possesses more strength and potential than he could have ever dreamed of, but will Roan learn to use his talents for the right reasons? Jeffrey Brown’s quirky, coming-of-age story is the perfect introduction for young adult readers into the expansive Star Wars universe.
Jeffrey Brown will also be the guest-of-honor for Star Clipper Day 2013, which serves as the stores 25th birthday party. Come out for a full-day celebration and the capstone to Star Clipper’s Summer-Long Comics University Program. Click on the link for a full list of events on Star Clipper Day.
You’ve come to Star Clipper all summer long to attend Comics University. Now don’t miss your chance to join the Jedi Academy!
Star Clipper Comics
6392 Delmar Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63130
Phone: (314) 725-9110
Yeti Press and Challengers Comics co-host live comic readings from live comic creators! Come for the free event on Thursday, January 31st at 8:00 pm and stick around afterwards for the creator meet and greet! Scheduled participants include Jeffrey Brown, Kat Leyh, David Alvarado, RJ Casey, and more.
1845 N. Western Ave, Chicago, IL 60647
Comments Off on IL – Darth Vader and Son Signing
On this afternoon, the Force will be with you! It’s Star Wars Reads Day, and we’re offering all things Star Wars. Meet costumed characters. Try your luck at Star Wars origami (paper-folding projects from a galaxy far, far away…). And help us greet author Jeffrey Brown, celebrating his book, Darth Vader and Son.
123 West Jefferson, Naperville, IL 60540
The Beguiling Books & Art is pleased to announce that it will once again be returning to The San Diego Comic-Con to sell a truly outstanding collection of illustrations and original comic book artwork on behalf of its represented artists. The Beguiling’s Peter Birkemoe will be on hand and exhibiting in a small corner of booth #1629, owned by venerable Canadian publisher Drawn & Quarterly, from Preview Night, Wednesday July 11th, through Sunday, July 15th.
The Beguiling represents original art by some of art comics’ greatest names at their online art store, including D&Q cartoonists Kevin Huizenga (Gloriana), Anders Nilsen (Big Questions), and Seth (Palookaville), and comics superstars Jeff Lemire (Essex County), Fabio Moon & Gabriel Ba (Casanova), and Bryan Lee O’Malley (Scott Pilgrim). The Beguiling will have over 400 pieces of original art on hand by 26 different artists at San Diego this year. Previews of most pages available online now at http://www.
Highlights of this year’s mix of comics art and illustration include:
– The Beguiling proudly announces that it will begin selling original art work from creators Pascal Girard, Matt Kindt, and Shintaro Kago! Girard is the author of the recently released graphic novel The Reunion from Drawn & Quarterly, and pages from that work and other illustrations will be on hand. Matt Kindt is the author of the graphic novels Super Spy, The Tooth, and 3:Story. His current series is MIND MGMT, an ongoing comic from Dark Horse, and art will be on hand from these and other series’! Kago is a renowned Ero-guro manga artist in Japan, and his work includes truly unique formalist experiments (and some very disturbing imagery), and has been praised by sources as diverse as Scott McCloud and Vice Magazine.
– A selection of pages from recent Drawn & Quarterly graphic novel releases, including pages from Kevin Huizenga’s Gloriana HC and The Wild Kingdom HC, Brian Ralph’s Cave-In, and Anders Nilsen’s Eisner Award nominated graphic novel Big Questions.
– Dozens of new, never-before offered pages by artist Farel Dalrymple. Including new pages from Dalrymple’s work on the series’ Prophet, Fantastic Four, Omega The Unknown, Vice Magazine, and more! So new these aren’t even on our website yet!
– Dozens of new pages by Norwegian artist Jason, from across his many popular graphic novels.
– All of the “new-since-last-Comic-Con” artwork by artists Gabriel Ba, Jeffrey Brown, Sammy Harkham, Jeff Lemire, Kagan McLeod, Fabio Moon, Marco Rudy, Maurice Vellekoop, and Zach Worton. All of these fine cartoonists have provided The Beguiling with new artwork since exhibiting at Comic-Con 2011, from across their many projects. Highlights include Jeff Lemire’s Sweeth Tooth, and the complete artwork (!) for Maurice Vellekoop’s The World of Gloria Badcock.
– A selection of quality originals by Rafael Albuquerque, Becky Cloonan, Jordan Crane, David Heatley, Miriam Katin, Jason Lutes, Bryan Lee O’Malley, Paul Pope, Michel Rabagliati, Seth, Jay Stephens, and Chip Zdarsky. With over 5,000 pieces of original art represented by The Beguiling, a selection of the best and most interesting pieces by these creators will be available for sale in San Diego.
Hate paying for shipping? If you will be at the San Diego Comic-Con and are interested in purchasing a specific piece of art from our website, we will happily bring it to the show for you. If you’d like us to bring a specific piece from our website to take a look at, please contact us at mail at beguiling dot com. Unfortunately we are not “holding” art for people unless they have purchased it outright, but we will try to accommodate all requests.
Celebrating its 25th Anniversary, The Beguiling is a book store and original art dealer in Toronto, Canada. We represent original art sales from over three dozen comics creators and illustrators from around the world. Almost all of the original art that The Beguiling represents is consigned by the artists, ensuring we are able to offer the widest possible selection of material and that the artists get the largest possible chunk of the proceeds. To see our collection of original art, visit us online at http://www.
Jeffrey Brown signs at the Fantagraphics Bookstore on Saturday June 2nd from 6-8pm!
Don’t miss a special appearance by Jeffrey Brown this Saturday, June 2 from 6:00 to 8:00 PM at Fantagraphics Bookstore. Brown will be in town as a guest of the Seattle International Film Festival, which is screening the movie he co-wrote, Save the Date, on Thursday and Friday evenings.
Jeffrey Brown was one of the pioneers of the new wave of graphic memoirs with his revealing relationship comix and idiosyncratic rendering style. On Saturday, he’ll sign copies of his sensational new book, Darth Vader and Son, which re-imagines Dark Lord Vader in a loving relationship with young son Skywalker. At once poignant and preposterous, this hard-to-find book appeals to all readers – and a personalized copy would make the perfect Father’s Day gift coming up on June 17.
Brown will discuss his work in the context of family life and his recent foray into film with Janice Headley prior to a book signing and informal reception. This event also marks the unveiling of the bookstore’s entry to Hazardfactory’s Power Tool Races, held the following Saturday, June 9 at the colorful Georgetown Carnival – which also features special guest Joe Sacco!
Fantagraphics Bookstore & Gallery
1201 S. Vale St. (at Airport Way S.), Seattle, WA 98108