Cartoonist Jarrett Krosoczka will be visiting An Unlikely Story to celebrate the release of his collaborative books, Comics Squad: Lunch on Saturday, January 30, 2016 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM! Jarrett will do a brief reading, talk about the Comics Squad series, conduct a brief drawing demonstration, answer audience questions and sign copies of his books. Free tickets are available at the link.
ABOUT THE BOOK:
Calling all kidz! Do you like comics? Do you like laughing till milk comes out of your nose?! Look no further—do we have the book for you! All your favorite comic characters are right here in one book, including the Peanuts gang, Babymouse, and Lunch Lady. This all-star tribute to classic Sunday comics includes eight sidesplitting, action-packed stories about every kid’s favorite subject—LUNCH!
Lunchtime can be fun, wild, yummy, or complete chaos! And in this second collection of comics, it is definitely hilarious.
Jarrett J. Krosoczka has been passionate about storytelling through words and pictures since he was a kid. He began his professional career by illustrating educational readers for a national publisher while still an undergraduate at Rhode Island School of Design. Then, just six months after graduation, Jarrett received his first contract for a trade book that he authored. Knopf Books for Young Readers published Good Night, Monkey Boy on June 12, 2001 and Jarrett hasn’t stopped or slowed down since.
Jarrett is a two-time winner of the Children’s Choice Book Award for the Third to Fourth Grade Book of the Year and is the author and/or illustrator of more than twenty-five books for young readers. His work includes several picture books, the Lunch Lady graphic novels and Platypus Police Squad middle-grade novel series. Jarrett has given two TED Talks, both of which have been curated to the main page of TED.com and have collectively acrued more than a million views online. He is also the host of The Book Report with JJK on SiriusXM’s Kids Place Live, a weekly segment celebrating books, authors and reading. His work has been featured on the front page of The Boston Globe and on NPR’s All Things Considered. Jarrett’s books have also been recommended by national publications such as Newsweek, The New York Times and USA Today. His Punk Farm picture book and Lunch Lady series are both currently in development as feature films. Jarrett lives in Western Massachusetts with his wife, two daughters and their pug—Ralph Macchio. For more information, please visit his website at: www.studiojjk.com
An Unlikely Story
111 South St, Plainville, MA 02762
Jarrett J. Krosoczka (Lunch Lady series) appears at Barnes & Noble to sign the latest Platypus Police Squad book The Ostrich Conspiracy on Wednesday December 10, 2014 at 5:00 PM!
Barnes & Noble – The Shoppes at Farmington Valley
110 Albany Tpk #305, Canton, CT 06019
Odyssey Bookshop hosts signings on Saturday November 29th with guests including Jarrett & Gina Krosoczka, Chrysler Szarlan, Mo Willems, Heidi Stemple, Suzanne Strempek Shea, Holly Black, Kelly Link, Gavin Grant, and Bill Newman!
9 College Street, South Hadley, MA 01075
Jarrett J. Krosoczka, Raina Telgemeier, Kazu Kibuishi, Sara Varon, and Frank Cammuso appear at McNally Jackson Books on Thursday October 9, 2014 at 7:00 pm to battle it out in an extremely low-stakes game of Pictionary. Illustrations created by the artists over the course of the game will be given to audience members at random, super happy fun times will be given to audience members en masse.
McNally Jackson Books
52 Prince Street (between Lafayette & Mulberry), New York City, NY 10012
Jarrett J. Krosoczka, creator of the Platypus Police Squad and the Lunch Lady series, appears at the Cambridge Public Library on Wednesday June 4, 2014 from 4:00 till 5:00 pm! For ages 5 and up. Co-Sponsored by Porter Square Books.
Cambridge Public Library
449 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02138
Cartoonists Raina Telgemeier and Dave Roman will be part of the Meltdown Family Music and Book Festival on Saturday March 29th! Along with Jarrett J. Krosoczka (Lunch Lady) and other awesome authors and musicians. Admission is FREE! Details at the link!
Here is the full schedule of the book events:
10:40 a.m. – Tanya Lee Stone
11:40 a.m. – Bob Shea
12:40 p.m. – Jarrett Krosoczka Drawing Party
1:40 p.m. – Dave Roman
2:40 p.m. – Raina Telgemeier
Smith Vocational and Agricultural High School
80 Locust Street, Northampton, MA 01060
Tony DiTerlizzi, Rebecca Guay, Raul Colón and more appear at the R. Michelson Gallery on Nov. 7th from 4-7pm.
R. MICHELSON GALLERIES presents our 21st Annual Children’s Illustration Show
Celebrate with us! Twenty-one years of exhibiting the finest in original Children’s Book Art. Our artists have garnered an astounding 11 Caldecott Medals and 29 Caldecott Honor Awards.
21 Reasons to come to our 21st Annual Illustration Exhibit
1. If you join us for our opening reception on November 7, 4-6pm you will meet more than 50 of the illustrators and writers behind your favorite children’s books.
2. We will be exhibiting original artwork from The Odious Ogre, the latest book by Jules Feiffer and Norton Juster. This is their first collaboration since their classic Phantom Tollbooth was published 50 years ago.
3. Mo Willems will be signing books and exhibiting the illustrations from the NY Times #1 best selling City Dog, Country Frog, his very first collaboration with Jon J. Muth. We will also be showing the original drawings from Mo’s Knuffle Bunny Free: An Unexpected Diversion, the final volume of this iconic trilogy.
4. Wendell Minor will be receiving the third annual Norton Juster Award for service to the world of Children’s Literature, presented by Mr. Juster and Reader to Reader, a public charity dedicated to bringing books, free of charge, to needy schools and public libraries across the United States.
5. There will be a rare opportunity to view and purchase original artwork by Eric Carle, Dr. Seuss, Maurice Sendak, and Tomie dePaola.
6. Multiple Coretta Scott King Award winner EB Lewis has teamed up with Sharon Robinson, the daughter of Jackie Robinson, to create the Christmas/Chanukah children’s book “Jackie’s Gift.” Original artwork from the book will be on display.
7. Gary Lippincott and G. Brian Karas will both be presenting work from their latest collaborations with local (and worldwide) luminary Jane Yolen. All three will be signing books at our opening reception.
8. Scott Fischer will be showing work from his book Jump, now available on millions of boxes of Cheerios. To see the video for Jump, click here.
9. Jarrett J. Krosoczka author/illustrator of the soon-to-be a major motion picture graphic Lunch Lady series will be exhibiting the work he created for Target House at St. Jude Children’s Hospital.
10. Jane Dyer and her daughter Brooke Dyer will be exhibiting art from their newest collaboration.
11. If you come to the opening reception you’ll meet Kate Feiffer, Kathryn Brown, Nonny Hogrogian, and David Kherdian.
12. If you come to the opening reception you’ll meet Tony DiTerlizzi and Rebecca Guay.
13. Ruth Sanderson will be showing work from Hush, Little Horsie and David Hyde Costello will be showing work from I Can Help.
14. We’ll be exhibiting the watercolors from Karla Gudeon’s Passover Book and her Hannukah Book.
15. Neil Waldman is coming with new paintings and new illustrations of American heroes from his book, The Land of Big Dreamers.
16. Barry Moser will be here with engravings from Mark Twain’s Books of Animals. He will be back on November 12th for an advance copy book signing (publication date is December but we have copies!) of his book, One Hundred Portraits. The event is in conjunction with Northampton’s Arts Night Out.
17. Raul Colón will be here! With new work from Play Ball! and Child of the Civil Rights.
18. Eric Velasquez will be here with work from My Friend Maya Loves to Dance and The Rain Stomper.
19. The Eric Carle Museum will be on hand with books from your favorite authors and illustrators to sign.
20. There will be a raffle to support Reader to Reader and you might leave with original artwork by Wendell Minor.
21. We will have surprise guests and more…
R. Michelson Galleries
132 Main Street, Northampton, MA 01060