Jamie Lee Curtis signs This Is Me: A Story of Who We Are & Where We Came From on Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. at the Parkway Central Library.
One of film’s most compelling presences since her screen debut almost 40 years ago, Jamie Lee Curtis’ diverse résumé includes roles in Halloween, Trading Places, A Fish Called Wanda, Freaky Friday, and True Lies, for which she won a best actress Golden Globe. A staunch advocate for children’s hospitals, human rights campaigns, and marriage equality, among other causes, Curtis is also the author of a bunch of bestselling children’s books, including It’s Hard to Be Five, I’m Gonna Like Me, and Today I Feel Silly. Her latest offering for kids is a picture book that raises more-important-than-ever issues of identity, immigration, and inclusive culture.
No posed photos. No memorabilia, DVDs, photos, etc. will be signed.
Free Library of Philadelphia – Parkway Central Library
1901 Vine Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Actress Jamie Lee Curtis (Freaky Friday, Scream Queens) appears at Anderson’s Bookshop on Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 4:00 PM to sign her new children’s book THIS IS ME!
Please purchase your tickets through Brown Paper Tickets at the link and bring your printed ticket to the event. Tickets are only available through this link and are not available in our stores or over the phone. There are ticket packages for one person and ticket packages for two people (Both packages include ONE copy of the book)
One ticket admits one adult or one adult with up to two children. They will NOT be available for pick up before that time. Books purchased at other vendors are not permitted in the signing line.
Actual seating is first come, first served, but your assigned seat number corresponds to your place in the signing line.
PLEASE NOTE that this event follows the author’s and publisher’s wishes and may mean limits on photos and the number of signed or personalized books. Anderson’s Bookshop is not responsible for changes made by the author to the guidelines prior to or during the event. Your understanding is appreciated.
123 W Jefferson Ave, Naperville, IL 60540
Actress Jamie Lee Curtis (Freaky Friday, Scream Queens) appears at the Rotunda in the Mall of America on Friday, September 23, 2016 at 6:00 PM to sign her new children’s book THIS IS ME!
OFFICIAL EVENT GUIDELINES
1. You must have a Mall of America® issued wristband in order to enter the event area. A limited number of wristbands will be available in the Rotunda beginning at 4 p.m. on Friday, September 23. Wristbands will be distributed on a first come, first served basis. The time at which you line up is at your discretion.
2. In order to get a Mall of America wristband, you must purchase a copy of the book “THIS IS ME: A STORY OF WHO WE ARE & WHERE WE CAME FROM”. Books will be available for sale beginning at 4 p.m. on Friday, September 23. At point of sale, each guest will receive only a receipt. A pre-signed book will be given to the guest as they exit the stage after meeting Jamie Lee Curtis.
3. Wristbands are non-transferrable. Each person in your party must be present to receive a wristband. You may not pick up wristbands for another member of your party. People wearing wristbands that have been tampered or altered with will not be allowed through the autograph line. No exceptions.
4. Adults accompanying minors do not need a wristband to enter the line.
5. All books will be pre-signed by Jamie Lee Curtis. No additional personalization will be allowed.
6. Photos will be allowed.
7. Due to time limitations, memorabilia will not be able to be signed.
8. When you enter the line, please remain single file. You must stay in line to keep your place. You may leave the line to use the restroom or get food for a short period of time. One person in your party must stay in line at all times.
9. If you choose to leave for an extended period of time, you must go to the end of the line when you return.
10. No chairs, blankets, pillows, strollers, etc. will be allowed in the line. All bags are subject to search.
11. A special needs area will be available for wristbanded guests. If needed, each special needs guest can bring one additional person to this area. Please visit the Mall of America entry table located in the Rotunda upon your arrival, and you will be escorted into this area. Space will be limited and will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
Guidelines are subject to change at any given time at the discretion of Mall of America management for the safety and well being of our guests and tenants. Those who do not comply with event guidelines may not be able to take part in the meet + greet. Please visit www.mallofamerica.com periodically before the event for updates and changes that may be made to these guidelines
Mall of America
118 E. Broadway Suite 238, Bloomington, MN 55425
Jamie Lee Curtis (Freaky Friday, Scream Queens) appears at Changing Hands Books on Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 11:00 AM! The New York Times bestselling author and award-winning actress visits with her new children’s book about identity and immigration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are a limited number of tickets and books available. Order your book online now before they sell out.
Seating is determined by letter group (indicated on tickets) and opens at 10:30am.
→ $16.95 + tax: One (1) copy of This is Me and admission for one (1) adult and up to two (2) children
Signing line forms after the event by letter group printed on tickets.
Event guidelines may be subject to change.
CAN’T MAKE IT? Click “add to cart” below and we’ll have your book signed and reserved for you. We ship worldwide!
ABOUT THE BOOK
What would you take? Imagine you were leaving for a new country, and could bring along only what would fit in a small suitcase. Which things would you choose to say to the world, “Hi there, this is me!”
New York Times bestselling author and award-winning actress Jamie Lee Curtis, working with her longtime illustrator Laura Cornell, brings her whimsical verse to the subject of immigration and identity. In this picture book, various children—inspired by their remarkable teacher—talk about what they’d bring with them if they could only take one suitcase to their new home: photographs, a favorite book, grandfather’s beret. Which things do they love most? What best expresses who they are? At the end, the question is posed to the reader: “What would you take? Which things would say to the world, this is me!” The book ends with a pop-up suitcase, which the child can then fill with his or her favorite things. It opens with a teacher reading to her class… “My great-grandmother came from a far, distant place. She came on a boat with just this small case.” And ends with an exercise where the child reading would decide what of his or her own items would be packed into the provided suitcase if faced with needing to make that decision. The last spread is a pop up suitcase that can be filled!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
JAMIE LEE CURTIS is the author of bestselling children’s books, including Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born, It’s Hard to Be Five, I’m Gonna Like Me, and Today I Feel Silly: And Other Moods That Make My Day. She is also an actress known for her roles in Freaky Friday, True Lies, Trading Places, A Fish Called Wanda, and the television series Scream Queens. She and her husband, the actor Christopher Guest, live in Los Angeles with their two children.
Changing Hands Bookstore
6428 S McClintock Drive, Tempe, AZ 85283
Actress Jamie Lee Curtis (Freaky Friday, Scream Queens) appears at Barnes & Noble on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 5:00 PM to sign her new children’s book THIS IS ME!
Barnes & Noble
4801 Bethesda Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814
Actress Jamie Lee Curtis (Freaky Friday, Scream Queens) appears at Barnes & Noble on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 4:00 PM to sign her new children’s book THIS IS ME!
Barnes & Noble
150 East 86th Street, New York, NY 10028
Actress Jamie Lee Curtis (Freaky Friday, Scream Queens) appears at Bookends on Monday, September 19, 2016 at 6:00 PM to sign her new children’s book THIS IS ME!
*Each person attending MUST purchase a copy of the book*
*Books MUST be purchased from Bookends Bookstore*
211 E. Ridgewood Avenue, Ridgewood, NJ 07450
Emma Roberts, Jamie Lee Curtis, Lea Michele, Abigail Breslin, Skyler Samuels, Keke Palmer, Billie Lourd, and Niecy Nash appear at PaleyFest on Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 7:00 PM to talk about SCREAM QUEENS!
6801 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, California 90028
Jamie Lee Curtis signs at Barnes & Noble on Thursday September 6, 2012 at 6:30 PM.
Barnes & Noble
Friendly Center, 3102 Northline Avenue, Greensboro, NC 27408