Charlotte MiniCon has announced they have just added the entire creative team of Marvel’s new Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat to their guest list! Writer Kate Leth (Power Up!), artist Brittney Williams (The Legend of Korra), and colorist Megan Wilson (Gwenpool Special) will appear on Saturday January 30, 2016 along with lots of other great comic creators, comic and toy dealers and crafters!
Previously announced guests include:
John Hairston Jr
Brian Stelfreeze, Jeremy Dale, Jason Latour, Andy Runton, and many more appear at Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find on Saturday May 3, 2014 for Free Comic Book Day!
Free Comic Book Day 2014 at Heroes is going to be our best yet! Come out on May 3rd to meet great comic artists, get free comics and have a great time with your pals at Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find! Check out our awesome guest list below and please save the date!
Creators will be signing from 1PM to 5PM (or longer at the creators’ discretion)
NATALIE ANDREWSON – Artist: Mamuna, Meanwhile
CHRIS BRUNNER – Artist: Loose Ends, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, The Ride
SHAWN CRYSTAL – Artist: Deadpool, Fantomex, Archer & Armstrong
JEREMY DALE – Writer/Artist: Skyward
SANFORD GREENE – Artist: Rotten Apple, Deadpool, Wonder Girl, Methodman GN
JOHN HAIRSTON JR – Painter
JASON LATOUR – Writer: Wolverine & The X-Men, Winter Soldier, Loose Ends Artist: Southern Bastards, B.P.R.D., Django Unchained
JACKIE LEWIS – Artist: Play Ball
JAY POTTS – Writer/Artist: World of Hurt, Atomech
BUDD ROOT – Writer/Artist: Cavewoman
ANDY RUNTON – Writer/Artist: Owly
HOYT SILVA – Artist: Quatermain: Ghosts of the Nzadi
BRIAN STELFREEZE – Artist: Day Men, Domino, Matador, Batman: Shadow of the Bat
NOTE: Free sketches are at the discretion of the artists, and are not guaranteed.
Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find
1957 E. 7th Street, Charlotte, NC 28204
Comments Off on NC – Free Comic Book Day 2013
Adam Hughes, Brian Stelfreeze, Tony Harris, Jason Latour, Cully Hamner, Francesco Francavilla, and many more sign at Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find on Saturday May 4, 2013 for Free Comic Book Day!
Free Comic Book Day 2013 @ Heroes is going to be our biggest and best yet! Come out on May 4th to meet more great comic creators than we have ever had at this fun annual event! Also, it says it right there in the name but in case you missed it, there will be lots of FREE COMICS to choose from too! Check out our awesome guest list and save the date!
- CHRIS BRUNNER – Artist: Loose Ends, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, The Ride
- IAN FLYNN – Writer: Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man
- FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA – Writer/Artist: Black Beetle Artist: Captain America & Black Widow, Detective Comics
- SANFORD GREENE – Artist: Rotten Apple, Deadpool, Wonder Girl, Method Man GN
- CULLY HAMNER – Artist: Red, The Question, Detective Comics, Black Lightning
- JOHN HAIRSTON JR. – Painter
- DUSTIN HARBIN – Writer/Artist: DIARY COMICS, Nutted!, DHARBIN!
- TONY HARRIS – Artist: JSA: Whistling Skull, Ex Machina, Starman, War Heroes
- ADAM HUGHES – Artist: Before Watchmen: Doctor Manhattan, Fairest, Wonder Woman, Catwoman
- JUSTIN JORDAN – Writer: Legend of Luther Strode, Superboy, Deathstroke, Green Lantern: New Guardians
- JASON LATOUR – Writer: Winter Soldier, Loose Ends,Wolverine: Japan’s Most Wanted Artist: B.P.R.D., Django Unchained
- JACKIE LEWIS – Artist: Play Ball
- TRADD MOORE – Artist: Legend of Luther Strode, Legends of the Dark Knight
- ERAKLIS PETMEZAS – Writer/Artist: Last Cigarette
- JAY POTTS – Writer/Artist: World of Hurt
- RIDDLE – Cosplayer
- BUDD ROOT – Writer/Artist: Cavewoman
- ANDY SMITH – Artist: The First, Weapon X, Green Lantern, WWE Heroes, Flex and Tone
- BRIAN STELFREEZE – Artist: Domino, Matador, Batman: Shadow of the Bat
NOTE that free sketches are at the discretion of the artists, and are not guaranteed. So, mark that date on your calendar folks! Get here early on Saturday, May 4th at Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find will be a great time and you won’t want to miss it!
Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find
1957 E. 7th Street, Charlotte, NC 28204
Comments Off on Oni Press Schedule at Emerald City Comicon 2013
Emerald City Comic-Con 2013 is upon us once again and Oni Press all sorts of attractions and goodies to delight any comics reader. What kind of goodies, you ask? How does an ECCC 2013 exclusive variant cover of Helheim #1 by the talented Chuck BB sound? Maybe, the Scott Pilgrim V2 Collector’s Edition is more your style. That will be there too! Also, don’t miss your chance to purchase the recently released all-ages titles Mermin, Glitter Kiss and Sketch Monsters V2.
We will be located at BOOTH #902!
That’s not all! Stop by panel room 3AB, SATURDAY AT 6pm, for the RevolutiONIze Comics Panel. Join Oni Press Editor in Chief James Lucas Jones as he presents a whirlwind of talented creators, sneak previews, and the announcement of a new floppy series! This interactive panel will have some of the hottest names in comics right before your eyes, discussing their books and answering audience questions. Creators in attendance: Cullen Bunn (The Sixth Gun, Helheim), Brian Hurtt (The Sixth Gun, The Damned), Joëlle Jones (Helheim, You Have Killed Me) and Charles Soule (Strongman, Strange Attractors). All panel attendees will receive high fives and comics!
Below you will find our creators in attendance along with their signing times:
Jamie S. Rich: All weekend
Joëlle Jones: All weekend
Joshua Williamson: All weekend
Vinny Navarrete: All weekend
Joe Harris: Fri. 4:00-5:45pm & Sat. 1:00-2:45pm
Tyler Crook: Fri. 4:00-5:45pm & Sun. 4:00-5:45pm
Monica Gallagher: Fri. 4:00-5:45pm & Sun. 12:00-1:45pm
Chuck BB: Fri. 6:00-7:45pm & Sat. 5:00-6:45pm
Joey Weiser: Fri. 6:00-7:45pm & Sat. 5:00-6:45pm
Lars Brown: Sat. 11:00-12:45pm
Brendan Hay: Sat. 11:00-12:45pm
Chris Schweizer: Sat. 1:00-2:45pm & Sun. 10:00-11:45am
Jackie Lewis: Sat. 1:00-2:45pm
Cullen Bunn: Sat. 3:00-4:45pm & Sun. 2:00-3:45pm
Brian Hurtt: Sat. 3:00-4:45pm & Sun. 4:00-5:45pm
Brian Churilla: Sat. 3:00-4:45pm & Sun. 2:00-3:45pm
Bill Crabtree: Sat. 3:00-4:45pm & Sun. 2:00-3:45pm
Ray Fawkes: Sat. 5:00-6:45pm & Sun. 4:00-5:45pm
Matthew Southworth: Sun. 10:00-11:45am
Justin Greenwood: Sun. 12:00-1:45pm
- CHRIS BRUNNER – Co-creator and artist on Loose Ends, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Covers for Static Shock, Boondock Saints, & NOLA
- SHAWN CRYSTAL – Artist on Deadpool, Deadpool Max, & Deadpool Team-Up
- FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA – Creator of The Black Beetle, Artist on Captain America & Bucky, Detective Comics, Black Panther, & cover artist for pretty much every other comic book
- SANFORD GREENE – Creator of Rotten Apple, Artist on Deadpool, Wonder Girl, Methodman GN
- CULLY HAMNER – Co-creator of Red, Artist on The Question, Detective Comics, Black Lightning, Blue Beetle
- JASON LATOUR – Co-creator of Loose Ends, Artist on BPRD: Pickens County Horror, Noche Roja, Scalped, Daredevil: Black & White
- JACKIE LEWIS – Artist on Play Ball
- KEVIN MELLON – Artist on Heart, Lovestruck, S.H.I.E.L.D.
- JAY POTTS – Creator of World of Hurt
- BUDD ROOT – Creator of Cavewoman
- BRIDGIT SCHEIDE – Creator of Brother Nash
- BRIAN STELFREEZE – Artist on Wednesday Comics, The Ride, Gun Candy, & a ton of Batman: Shadow of the Bat covers
- SKETCH CHARLOTTE – Several artists from this local sketch group will be on hand! Sketch Charlotte meets every Thursday at 6:30pm at Showmars on 7th and Pecan.
Wow! NOTE that free sketches are at the discretion of the artists, and are not guaranteed.
Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find
1957 E. 7th St, Charlotte, NC 28204
Comments Off on Massive Guest Update for HeroesCon 2011
Here it is the week before HeroesCon 2011 and we still have lots of guests to announce! Let’s not waste any more time and get right to it!
Farel Dalrymple: creator of Pop Gun War, Meathaus & Strange Tales II contributor, artist on Omega the Unknown.
Kelly Sue DeConnick: writer of Osborn, Supergirl, CBGB, and Yo Gabba Gabba!
Paul Azaceta: artist of Amazing Spider-man, B.P.R.D.: 1946, and Daredevil.
Derec Donovan: artist of Youngblood, Robin, Connor Hawke.
Will Sliney: Farscape artist.
Georges Jeanty: artist of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Deadpool, Gambit, Weapon X.
Marsha Cooke: co-writer of Teenage Satan.
John Workman: legendary letterer of titles for just about every major publisher, including DC, Marvel, and Dark Horse.
John Francis Moore: writer of X-Factor, Superboy, and X-Men: 2099.
Rebekah Isaacs: artist of DV8: Gods and Monsters, DMZ, Drafted.
Danny Donovan: writer for Alternative Comics and Platinum Studios.
Ryan Bodenheim: artist of Halcyon, Red Mass for Mars.
Clay and Susan Griffith: co-writers of Allan Quatermain and the Lord of Locusts, Political Power.
Charles Paul Wilson III: artist of Stuff of Legend.
Jackie Lewis: Upcoming Play Ball from Oni
Bob Schreck and Greg Tumbarello: Schreck is the editor-in-chief of Legendary Pictures new line of comics aptly titled Legendary Comics. Tumbarello is the assistant editor for this new comic venture. Both will be on hand to talk about their new company as well as offering portfolio reviews.
HeroesCon takes place on June 3 – 5, 2011 at the Charlotte Convention Center (501 S. College St, Charlotte, NC 28202). For the full guest list and more details about the convention, please check out their website at the link!