Comments Off on Florida Supercon Adds Over a Dozen More for 2010
FLORIDA SUPERCON 2010
OVER A DOZEN MAJOR NEW GUESTS ADDED FOR JUNE 18-20, 2010 SHOW
Miami, FL – Florida’s most exciting and fun genre convention continues to add more guests and events for the 5th annual Florida Supercon, set to occur June 18-20, 2010 in Miami, FL. Nineteen new guests have been added to the already massive guest list with more still to be announced as we get closer to the show!
Florida Supercon (FSC) is South Florida’s Comic Book, Anime, Animation, Video Game and Sci-Fi / Fantasy Festival, a three day festival that includes celebrity guests, comic book publishers, artists, writers, vendors, Q&A’s, parties, costume contests, anime programming, cosplay, panels, photo shoots, live music, video games and more. The event kicks off at 12:00PM, Friday, June 18 and the fun continues almost around the clock until 6:00PM, Sunday, June 20. FSC returns to Miami for its 5th year as it takes over almost 150,0000 square feet at the Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel and Convention Center to become the largest genre convention in the history of South Florida!
New guest artists include:
· Gene Colan: Legendary Comic Book Artist whose career has spanned 1946 to the present. Gene is well known for his work on Iron Man (including the classic Iron Man #1), Batman, Daredevil, Tomb of Dracula, Captain America, Doctor Strange and much more!
· Greg Horn: Superstar Comic Book Artist Greg Horn is well known for his painted work at both Marvel and DC including: Secret Invasion, Blackest Night, Ms. Marvel, Green Lantern, Anita Blake, Iron Man, She-Hulk and more!
· Jay Leisten: Current inker of Uncanny X-Men and Moon Knight for Marvel Comics. Jay’s other credits include Dark X-Men, Witchblade, Wolverine, New Avengers and much more!
· Echo Chernik: Echo has over fifteen years of experience as a professional commercial artist who has done work for Celestial Seasonings, Arlo Guthrie, Miller Brewing Co., Camel Cigarettes and more.
· Luis Diaz: Luis has worked as an illustrator, designer and fine artist for IDW Publishing (Wynonna Earp), Devil’s Due, Topps, WWE and more. He has created over 40 paintings for the new Garbage Pail Kids and Wacky Packages card sets.
New guest celebrities include:
· Robb Demarest: The lead investigator for Ghost Hunters International, Robb can be seen weekly on the Syfy channel investigating the paranormal.
· Brandy Green: A case manager for Ghost Hunters International, Brandy can be seen weekly on the Syfy channel investigating the paranormal.
· Luciana Carro: Star of Battlestar Galactica as “Kat” and Caprica as “Pyrah”.
· The Iron Sheik: Wrestling Legend, former WWF World Heavyweight Champion, WWF Tag Team Champion and WWE Hall of Fame member.
· Greg “The Hammer” Valentine: Wrestling Legend, former WWF Tag Team Champion, WWF Intercontinental Champion, NWA Champion and WWE Hall of Fame member.
· Terri Runnels: Former WWF, WWE and WCW manager, host and wrestler. Terri was one of the first WWE divas.
· Traci Brooks: TNA Wrestling star, Traci is the original TNA Knockout!
· SoCal Val: TNA Wrestling star.
New Musical Guests include:
· Addax: Indie Power Pop band
· Feeding Fingers: Post Punk / New Wave trio
· The Joyness: Pop / Folk Rock band
· S.S. Hanami: Anime Rock band
New Cosplay Guests include:
· Yaya Han: Cosplay Guest Yaya Han is a costume designer and cosplay entertainer with over 9 years of experience and over 100 costumes under her belt. Her intricate and lavish creations have won awards and acclaim nationwide.
· Miracole Burns: Model, Professional Makeup Artist, Costume Designer and Uber Nerd!
More information for each of these guests may be found at the FSC website www.supercon.tv. These new guests join a line up of over 100 guests already announced for the show, and that number continues to grow every week. Some of the guests already lined up for FSC 2010 include:
Comic Book artists and writers such as Ariel Olivetti, Gene Colan, Bill Sienkiewicz, Khoi Pham, Rafa Sandoval, Dennis Calero, Brad Walker, Paul Gulacy, Fred Van Lente, Filip Sablik, Georges Jeanty, Dick Giordano, Dustin Weaver, Steve Kurth, Shawn Crystal, Joe Jusko, Greg Horn, Allen Bellman, Clayton Henry, Alex Saviuk, Pat Broderick, Rob Hunter, Greg “Dark One” Williams, Vinnie Tartamella, Dick Kulpa, Jay Leisten, Luis Diaz and more!
Anime and Animation voice actors like Troy Baker (Naruto, Code Geass), Richard Horvitz (Invader Zim), Larry Kenney (Thundercats), Brittney Karbowski (Xenosaga, Pani Poni Dash), Dana Snyder (Aqua Teen), Charles Fleischer (Roger Rabbit), Brad Kesten (Charlie Brown), Angela Lee-Sloan (Lucy in Peanuts), Stacy H. Tolkin (Sally in Peanuts) and more!
Legendary Filmmakers Lloyd Kaufman and Hershell Gordon Lewis.
Movie and TV Celebrities such as Tia Carrere (Wayne’s World, Relic Hunter), Robb Demarest (Ghost Hunters International), Brandy Green (Ghost Hunters International), Luciana Carro (Battlestar Galactica), John Wesley Shipp (The Flash), Charles Fleischer (Back to the Future II), Julie McCullough (Growing Pains, The Blob), Louise Robey (Friday the 13th the series), Rebecca Staab (Fantastic Four), Michelle Lintel (The Black Scorpion) and more!
Wrestling Guests such as The Iron Sheik (WWF), Greg “The Hammer” Valentine (WWF), Sinn “Kizarny” Bodhi (WWE), Terri Runnels (WWE), Traci Brooks (TNA) and SoCal Val (TNA).
Musical Guests like MC Frontalot, Addax, Feeding Fingers, The Joyness, S.S. Hanami, Robbed By A Flute, Sci-Fried, The Pursuit, Murderous Rampage and more!
Cosplay and Entertainment Guests such as Yaya Han, Miracole Burns, The 3000 Brigade (Smash Bros. Show), Supercon Championship Wrestling, Wasabi Anime and more!
Stand Up Comedy Guests like Lisa Corrao, The Revenge of the Nerds Comedy Show, Julie McCullough and more!
Additional guests can be found at on the Florida Supercon website at www.supercon.tv
This years FSC will have dedicated programming tracks for each of the genre’s being celebrated. Some of the amazing events include:
- Q&A’s with most of our attending guests
- Comic art portfolio reviews for aspiring artists
- Fan panels for all aspects of the show (Comics, Anime, Animation, Sci-Fi etc.)
- Industry panels for breaking into Comics, Anime, Animation etc…
- The FSC Costume Competition (with over $3,000 in cash and prizes)
- The FSC Cosplay Skit Contest
- Rumble Roses Cosplay Wrestling
- The Otaku Insomnia Rave
- Cosplay Deviant’s Hentai Cafe
- Cosplay RockBand
- Supercon Championship Wrestling’s “Supercon Mania!”
- The Smash Brothers 3000 Super Show
- Filmmaking workshops with Hershell Gordon Lewis
- The FSC Film Festival
- Live Musical Performances
- Live stand up comedy
- Over 100 video game stations
- Video game tournaments
- A 50,000 square feet exhibition room with over 400 booths and tables featuring vendors, celebrity guests, artists, filmmakers and exhibits.
Complete information on these and dozens of more events taking place all weekend can be found at www.supercon.tv
The convention hours of operation are:
FRIDAY, JUNE 18: 12:00PM – 2:00AM
SATURDAY, JUNE 19: 11:00AM – 2:00AM
SUNDAY, JUNE 20: 11:00AM – 6:00PM
FSC is located at The Double Tree Miami Airport Hotel and Convention Center,
711 NW 72nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126. Discounted room rates for convention
Comments Off on Big Apple Comic-Con Adds Sports Legends
Big Apple Comic Con is proud to announce the following iconic sports figures are excited to be part of the celebrity Guest list.
Lawrence Peter “Yogi” Berra is widely regarded as one of the greatest catchers in baseball history. The majority of his career was spent with the New York Yankees. Berra set MLB records in numerous categories, and appeared in fourteen World Series on his way to ten championships. Berra had a long stint as the manager of the New York Mets, including the 1969 World Championship team; before returning to manage the Yankees. He has become one of the most beloved figures in sports and was named to Baseball’s Hall of Fame in 1972.
Dwight Gooden was one of the most dominant and feared pitchers in the National League during the 1980s. His penchant for striking out opposing batters quickly earned him the nickname “Dr. K”, which was later shortened to “Doc.” For his extraordinary achievements, Gooden went on to become the youngest-ever recipient of the Cy Young Award. Gooden and the New York Mets won the World Championship in 1986, defeating the Boston Red Sox. Goodwin went on to sign with their cross-town rivals, The New York Yankees in 1996. Goodwin later retired after his second stint with the Yankees.
Pete Rose is best known for his 19 years with the Cincinnati Reds. Rose is the all-time Major League leader in hits, games played, at-bats and outs. He won three World Series rings, three batting titles, one Most Valuable Player Award, two Gold Gloves, the Rookie of the Year Award, and made 17 All-Star appearances at five different positions; a feat no other player has matched. Outside of Baseball, Rose is well known by wrestling fans for his recurring onscreen feud with the WWE’s Kane at the annual WRESTLEMANIA event.
One of the most beloved and iconic wrestlers will also be at Big Apple Comic Con. “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair has become widely regarded as one of the greatest professional wrestlers to ever enter the ring. Flair’s wrestling career began in the early 70’s, with stints in the AWA and later the NWA. Flair’s signature “Wooo!’ shout is regularly referenced in sports events even to this day, including Baseball, Basketball and Hockey games. Flair ended his active wrestling career with a long stint back in the WWE, where he faced modern wrestling superstars Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton, Kurt Angle, Mick Foley and Chris Jericho.
New York City native and boxing legend Jake LaMotta, known as Raging Bull, rounds out the impressive list of sports icons scheduled to meet fans at Big Apple Comic Con. LaMotta, who compiled a record of 83 wins, 19 losses and four draws with 30 wins by way of knockout, was the first man to beat Sugar Ray Robinson, knocking him down in the first round. Robert De Niro later portrayed him in the film Raging Bill, based on LaMotta’s memoir.
Other sports guests include:
Andre Machado Gusmao
The Iron Sheik
The Million Dollar Man – Ted DiBiase
George “The Animal” Steele
For more Big Apple Comic-Con guest and programming updates become a fan of BIG APPLE COMIC CON on facebook.com!
Big Apple Comic Con returns October 16-18, 2009 at Pier 94 in New York City.
Save up to 15 percent off the price of tickets by ordering now!
Source: Wizard World
Mike Carbo’s Big Apple Conventions Presents
New York City’s Premiere Summer Comic Book Event:
FREE ADMISSION FOR ALL!!!
Offered by New York’s Longest-Running Comics Convention!
Plus! – Bring Your Comics for a FREE APPRAISAL
By the U.S.A.’s foremost expert- Mike Carbo!
WHERE: 18th Floor, Hotel Pennsylvania, New York City
WHEN: Saturday, June 13th 2009 ~ 10:30am-7pm
SPECIAL EVENT! Between 1:00 & 2:00pm ONLY – Bring your comic book collection for an instant FREE verbal APPRAISAL of current market value by Big Apple Con founder and internationally renowned comic book impresario – MIKE CARBO!
The BIG APPLE COMIC BOOK, ART, SCI-FI & TOY EXPO kicks off its newest Comic Collectibles event when it presents:
â€¢ Over 100 top dealers & exhibitors showcasing —
â€¢ Comics, Toys, Action Figures, Original Art, DVDs, Autographs, Trading Cards, TV, Movie, Comic Memorabilia & more!
â€¢ Buy, Sell or Trade your Valuable Collectibles!
â€¢ Collect Autographs and Have Your Pictures Taken With Your Favorite Television, Movie, and Comic Artist Celebrities!
â€¢ Expand Your Personal Comic Collection and Invest in the very latest collectibles!
The Big Apple Con is the place to meet comic book legends and hot new artists! Special guests appearing include:
â€¢ British superstar KEVIN O’NEILL (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)
â€¢ Golden and Silver Age masters GENE COLAN (Daredevil), DICK AYERS (Fantastic Four), IRWIN HASEN (Dondi), and JOE GIELLA (Batman)
â€¢ Underground Comix artists JAY LYNCH (Bijou Funnies), KIM DEITCH (The Stuff of Dreams), DAN FOGEL (Cherry Poptart), MICHAEL DIANA (Boiled Angel) , and LESLIE STERNBERGH (Mad magazine),
â€¢ Trading Card Illustrators DAVID GROSS and JAY LYNCH (Wacky Packages) and BRIAN KONG (Star Wars and Lord of the Rings)
â€¢ DAN SLOTT (Amazing Spider-Man), BILLY TUCCI (Sgt. Rock), LARRY HAMA (GI Joe), and many more!
Headlining the Special Media Guests at this year’s Summer Special Event are:
â€¢ YANCY BUTLER (“Witchblade”, “Law and Order”)
â€¢ Legendary WWE wrestler THE IRON SHEIK
â€¢ Playboy models CATHY ST. GEORGE and CHERYL BACHMAN
â€¢ JOSE HERNANDEZ JR. (Bad Guy for Hire from HBO’s “Oz” and A & E’s “Watching the Detectives”
â€¢ LEYLA MILANI (“Deal or No Deal”, “Curb Your Enthusiasm”), and more!
Register by filling out on the form on our website, www.bigapplecon.com, print out the receipt, bring it with you to the convention, and come on in for free! Children under 12 years need not register to qualify for free entry, so long as a registered adult accompanies them.
There will be FREE GIVEAWAYS at the door and SPECIAL EVENTS including panels about comic books, Q&A sessions with celebrities, and MORE! Sponsored in part by FORBIDDEN PLANET New York.
DATE: Saturday June 13th, 10:30 am-7pm
PLACE: Hotel Pennsylvania, 18th Floor, 401 7th Ave. @ 33rd St. (Across from Madison Square Garden)
TICKETS: FREE ADMISSION! Register Online at: www.bigapplecon.com
INFORMATION: Press Contact: DAN FOGEL (510) 220-6314, firstname.lastname@example.org
To set up an interview with MIKE CARBO, or consult him about sale/appraisal of your comics collection,
call CHRIS DENIS at (646) 996-1851, email@example.com