Splash Page Comic Art would like to welcome Joe Quinones to our family of talented artists!
Joe Quinones is a relative newcomer to the industry, having first been published by DC Comics for their now defunct Teen Titans GO series in 2007. He is probably best known for his collaboration with writer Kurt Busiek on the Green Lantern serial for Mark Chiarello’s Eisner Award-winning Wednesday Comics. Since then, Joe has illustrated a number of covers and short stories for DC, Marvel, and Dark Horse, with a current cover run on Captain Marvel. Joe also has some unannounced interior work on the horizon, as well as a Zatanna/Black Canary graphic novel, written by Paul Dini, due out at the end of 2013.
I just added new Walking Dead art by Charlie Adlard and Wonder Woman art by Cliff Chiang to the website.
John McCrea Gallery- Just added some great splashes and interior pages from Deadpool, vintage Hitman pages from Garth Ennis’ series, plus The Boys and related books.
Charlie Adlard Gallery – The interior pages of Walking Dead Issue 107 are up for sale in Charlie’s gallery.
Cliff Chiang Gallery – I added interior pages to Wonder Woman Issue 16 and the cover to Issue 18.
Splash Page Comic Art Convention Schedule:
San Jose: May 18 & 19 We will be setting up at the Big Wow Comic Fest. We will be hosting the amazing talents of Lee Bermejo and Brian Azzarello at our booths at the show.
San Diego Comic Con July 17 – 21 we will be at our usual row of booths at 4400-4406.
New York Comic Con October 10-13 we will be setup and make artist announcements closer to the show.
Thanks, and stay tuned to the website for upcoming artist announcements.
Splash Page Comic Art
Square Enix Unveils Plans for New York Comic Con 2012
Playable Demos of HITMAN: ABSOLUTION, TOMB RAIDER and New Sleeping Dogs DLC to Be Revealed
LOS ANGELES (Oct. 4, 2012) – Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, today announced details of its presence at New York Comic Con (NYCC), taking place at booth 1802 at the Javits Center Thursday, October 11 through Sunday, October 14.
NYCC attendees will be able to go hands-on with the award-winning Square Enix lineup, including upcoming titles HITMAN®: ABSOLUTION™ and TOMB RAIDER®, as well as a first look at DLC for the recently released open-world cop drama Sleeping Dogs™:
• HITMAN: ABSOLUTION – In the last public showing before the game’s November 20 release, NYCC attendees will be able to play the demo at the Square Enix booth and meet the IO Interactive development team at a special panel featuring a live playthrough and Q&A:
- When: Saturday, October 13: 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
- Where: Room 1A10, Javits Center
- Who: Christian Elverdam (gameplay director, IO Interactive), Hakan Abrak (lead producer, IO Interactive)
• Sleeping Dogs – Fresh off its triumphant launch, the critically acclaimed open-world undercover cop drama will be playable on the show floor. The main attraction comes on Sunday when members of the United Front Games development team will reveal a brand-new content expansion for the game:
- When: Sunday, October 14: 1:15 PM – 2:15 PM
- Where: Room 1A23, Javits Center
- Who: Mike Skupa (lead designer, UFG), Dan Sochan (producer, UFG), Justin Bullard (cinematics producer, UFG), Lee Singleton (GM, Square Enix London Studios)
• TOMB RAIDER – In addition to being able to get hands-on time with the game, New York Comic Con attendees will have the opportunity to test their archery skills at the TOMB RAIDER Archery Experience. Each participant will let three arrows fly at their own individual TOMB RAIDER themed shooting target which they can then take as a memory of the event. Those lucky archers who hit a bull-eye will receive a limited edition TOMB RAIDER lithograph. The Archery Experience is being supervised by the New Jersey School of Archery.
- When: Thursday, October 11: 3:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Friday, October 12: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday, October 13: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM*
*first hour on Saturday reserved for TOMB RAIDER community and media guests
Sunday, October 14: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Where: North Pavilion Walkway NC 106, Javits Center
Also taking place during the convention will be a series of charity auctions, the proceeds of which will go to Child’s Play (www.childsplaycharity.org). Fan works, signed lithographs and original hand-drawn art by project leads have been gathered from Square Enix properties including Sleeping Dogs, DEUS EX®: Human Revolution™, HITMAN: ABSOLUTION and TOMB RAIDER to contribute to the cause. The auctions will run through Sunday, October 12. Visit the Child’s Play eBay store (supported through eBay Giving Works) to bid.
Along with the panels, Square Enix fans will have several opportunities to take home fun and unique items during the show. With contests, interactive activities and more, NYCC attendees will have multiple chances to win amazing prizes.
HITMAN: ABSOLUTION PHOTO SNIPING CONTEST
Upload your best photo sniping image to be entered for a chance to win a customHITMAN: ABSOLUTION console. Runners up will receive miniature figures of Agent 47, and HITMAN-themed ties and tie clips. Participants can upload their photo entries athitman.com/photosnipe or by the photo-sniping app on the HITMAN Facebook page.
Attendees can sign up to become a Square Enix Member for a chance to win prizes.
SQUARE ENIX LIVE BROADCAST
Square Enix Community Manager Robert Peeler will be live on location streaming directly from the Square Enix Booth at www.ustream.tv/squareenix.
Garry Leach (Miracleman, Hitman, Dan Dare) and David Elliott (and editor-in-chief of Benaroya) sign Benaroya Publishing’s upcoming comic, MARKSMEN on 27th July at 5pm at Orbital.
Orbital is also hosting an exhibition of work by the great Garry Leach, including pages of Marksmen as well as Judge Dredd, Warrior, The Twelve, Transmetropolitan and more.
8 Gt Newport Street, London WC2H 7JA, United Kingdom
020 7240 0591
Garth Ennis signs at the Forbidden Planet Megastore, 179 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, WC2H 8JR, on Sunday 21st August 1 – 2pm for HIGHLAND LADDIE, THE BOYS VOL. 8.
Mind reeling from recent events in The Boys, Wee Hughie heads home to Auchterladle – the semi-idyllic Scottish seaside town where he grew up. All Hughie wants is some time to himself, to return to the bosom of family and friends, and get his head together after two years of unimaginable chaos. But our hero’s luck has always been more cloud than silver lining, and the familiar surroundings he craves are not all they might be. You can go home again – but with old pals warped beyond recognition and strangers in town up to no good, whether or not you should is another matter entirely…
Collecting the origin story of everyone’s favourite pint-sized Scotsman, this edition features art by Herogasm artist John McCrea and a special cover gallery from artist Darick Robertson.
GARTH ENNIS is the award-winning writer of Hellblazer, Hitman, Punisher, Preacher, Pride and Joy, and War Stories. He is much in demand for his hard-edged, wickedly humorous style.