In celebration of the release of DARK NIGHT: A TRUE BATMAN STORY, Paul Dini (Co-Creator of Harley Quinn, Producer and writer of the Batman: The Animated Series) will appear in person for a public event at Comix Experience on Wednesday, July 6, 2016 from 6:00 to 8:00 PM.
This public event will be followed with an exclusive Q&A for the Graphic Novel Club (for members only!) where Paul will discuss the book, and his work with us. If you would like to participate in the meeting you can join at www.graphicnovelclub.com before 7/1/16.
305 Divisadero Street, San Francisco, CA 94117
The Squad Up! Suicide Squad Cosplay Contest launches today from DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. and invites you to cosplay as your favorite squad member for a chance to win a trip to San Diego this July for Comic-Con International. Have you always wanted to build a Deadshot mask? Is Harley Quinn your spirit animal? Got a purple alligator-skinned coat in the back of your closet that you’ve been wondering what to do with? Then this contest is for you!
Here’s how it works:
- Assemble a costume based on the look of any of the following characters from Warner Bros.’s upcoming Suicide Squad film: Deadshot, The Joker, Harley Quinn, Colonel Rick Flag, Amanda Waller, Captain Boomerang, El Diablo, Killer Croc, Enchantress, Slipknot, and Katana.
- Take a photo of yourself wearing your costume. Make sure it’s a good quality photo that really shows off your costume!
- Enter using one of the three methods of entry listed here.
You can find the full list of rules and conditions here. Trust us, you’ll want to check them out. After the entry period, fans will be able to vote in two separate rounds and help us choose finalists in each of the character categories. Once we have our finalists, eleven different winners—one for each character—will be chosen.
We expect some heavy competition, but don’t worry, we’re here to help. At the link are some tips, as well as a gallery of characters to help with your costumes. Click on the photos to zoom in on them.
Writer Paul Dini presents and signs Dark Night: A True Batman Story at Vroman’s Bookstore on Friday, June 24, 2016 at 7:00 PM!
This is a Batman story like no other the harrowing and eloquent autobiographical tale of writer Paul Dini’s courageous struggle to overcome a desperate situation.
The Caped Crusader has been the all-abiding icon of justice and authority for generations. But in this surprising original graphic novel, we see Batman in a new light as the savior who helps a discouraged man recover from a brutal attack that left him unable to face the world.
In the 1990s, legendary writer Paul Dini had a flourishing career writing the hugely popular “Batman: The Animated Series” and “Tiny Toon Adventures.” Walking home one evening, he was jumped and viciously beaten within an inch of his life. His recovery process was arduous, hampered by the imagined antics of the villains he was writing for television including the Joker, Harley Quinn and the Penguin. But despite how bleak his circumstances were, or perhaps because of it, Dini also always imagined the Batman at his side, chivvying him along during his darkest moments.
A gripping graphic memoir of one writer’s traumatic experience and his deep connection with his creative material, Dark Night: A True Batman Story is an original graphic novel that will resonate profoundly with fans. Art by the incredible and talented Eduardo Risso (100 BULLETS, TRANSMETROPOLITAN). (Vertigo)
Event Guidelines are forthcoming! Please check with store for details.
Those wishing to get books signed will be asked to purchase at least one copy of the author’s most recent title from Vroman’s. For each purchased copy of the newest title, customers may bring up to three copies from home to be signed. This policy applies to all Vroman’s Bookstore events unless otherwise noted. Save your Vroman’s receipt; it will be checked when you enter the signing line.
695 E. Colorado Blvd Pasadena, CA 91101
Chad Hardin, Mindy Wheeler, Benjamin Glendenning, Tone Rodriguez, Jason Meents, Steven Pulawa, Marat Mychaels, Dietrich Smith, Cara Nicole, and Alfred Trujillo sign at Comic Outlaws on Wednesday, June 1, 2016.
930 W Southern Ave Ste #1, Mesa, Arizona 85210
Artist Ian Nichols (Fat Cat Funnies)
Artist Tony Sedani (Return To Rander)
Joker & Fiends Cosplayers
Mark Texeira (Veteran Marvel Artist: Wolverine/Punisher/Ghost Rider)
Also a gaggle of Cosplayers
Jeff McClelland & Sean Kasper
Writer George O’Conner (Babe, Healed)
Local Magician Nick Altieri
NEC NEW BEDFORD:
Artist Mike Lilly (Annihilation, Nightwing, Detective Comics)
NEC COOLIDGE CORNER:
Writer Frank Tieri (Deadpool, Batman, Harley Quinn)
NEC HARVARD SQUARE:
Creator Bob Salley (Salvagers 11:30-2:30)
Josh Dahl (Rapid City 3:00-6:00)
Writer/artist Becky Cloonan (Gotham Academy, Southern Cross) appears at Gosh! Comics on Monday, April 25, 2016 at 6:00 PM!
Becky Cloonan has a prolific career as a writer and artist, including her self-published short stories The Mire, Demeter, and Wolves, collected (now o/p but soon to be re-collected) as By Chance or Providence. She earned the distinction of becoming the first woman to draw Batman on the main title since the series debuted in 1939, and has also worked as artist on series such as Conan, Harley Quinn, Northlanders, Buffy, American Virgin, The Fabulous Lives of the Killjoys, American Virgin, and Demo!
1 Berwick St, SoHo, London W1F0DR
DC Entertainment (DCE) has an exciting line-up of WonderCon 2016 fan signings taking place in its show stopping booth (#1602) beginning Friday, March 25 to Sunday, March 27 at The Los Angeles Convention Center. Comic book fans attending the three-day show will have the chance to meet their favorite artists and authors for signings – including Jim Lee, Scott Snyder, John Romita, Jr. and more – at the DCE booth.
A full schedule of WonderCon 2016 talent signings is available below:
Friday, March 25, 2016*
12:30-1:30: Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti and Ming Doyle
1:30-2:30: Dan Jurgens, Bernard Chang and Marv Wolfman
2:30-3:30: Dan Abnett and Paul Dini
3:30-4:30: Jason Fabok
4:30-5:30: Tim Seeley, Tom King and Mitch Gerads
5:30-6:30: John Romita, Jr.**
Saturday, March 26, 2016*
10:30-11:30: Babs Tarr and Gilbert Hernandez
11:30-12:30: Robert Venditti and Philip Tan
12:30-1:30: JT Krul and Gene Luen Yang
1:30-2:30: Jason Fabok**, Geoff Johns** and Steve Orlando
2:30-3:30: Tony Daniel and Ming Doyle
3:30-4:30: Jim Lee** and Amy Chu
4:30-5:50: Tom King, Tim Seeley and Mitch Gerads
5:30-6:30: Scott Snyder**, Danny Miki, Collin Kelly, Jackson Lanzig and James Tynion IV
Sunday, March 27, 2016*
10:30-11:30: Amy Chu and Steve Orlando
11:30-12:30: John Romita, Jr.**
12:30-1:30: Dan Jurgens and Bernard Chang
1:30-2:30: Annie Wu
2:30-3:30: Scott Snyder** Danny Miki and James Tynion IV
3:30-4:30: Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti and Robert Venditti
During the three-day convention, DCE’s booth will serve as the go-to location for fans to mingle with some of the best comic writers and artists in the business with a robust schedule of talent signings, in addition to swag giveaways celebrating DC Comics and the upcoming feature film, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Plus, the booth will feature an impressive collection of items from DC Collectibles and Warner Bros. Consumer Products, and a towering, working Bat Signal made entirely of LEGO bricks in an homage to the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie from acclaimed exhibition, THE ART OF THE BRICK: DC COMICS.
* schedule is subject to change
** denotes a wristband is required
The All-Star Talent For The Line-Wide Relaunch – DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH – Will Be Revealed At An Unprecedented Saturday Morning Press Conference Open To All And Streamed Live! Plus there will be awesome fan activities, informative publishing panels, and special surprise announcements.
Marking WonderCon’s debut in its own backyard, DC Entertainment (DCE) will dominate the event with a stellar lineup of panels and fan activities beginning Friday, March 25 to Sunday, March 27 at The Los Angeles Convention Center.
DCE’s WonderCon 2016 programming will be highlighted by a must-attend event touting the upcoming colossal DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH line-wide comic book title relaunch. Open to media and fans and taking place Saturday, March 26 at 9 a.m. PDT in Petree Hall C in the West Hall, the press conference will be moderated by DC All Access co-host Tiffany Smith and include appearances by DCE Co-Publishers Jim Lee and Dan DiDio and DCE Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, who will reveal for the first time the lineup of writers and artists creating this incredible new universe of storytelling. This press conference will also be streamed live on DC Entertainment’s YouTube channel, and viewers can follow this interactive fan experience with #REBIRTH.
During the three-day convention, DCE’s expansive booth (#1602) will serve as the go-to location for fans to mingle with some of the best comic writers and artists in the business with a robust schedule of talent signings, in addition to swag giveaways celebrating DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH and the upcoming feature film, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Plus, the booth will feature an impressive collection of items from DC Collectibles and Warner Bros. Consumer Products, and a towering, working Bat Signal made entirely of LEGO bricks in an homage to the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie from acclaimed exhibition, THE ART OF THE BRICK: DC COMICS. Fans will also be tempted to shout, “Look! Up in the sky!” when they see the Superman LEGO sculpture soaring above the booth.
DCE will also delight fans with a robust schedule of fan-favorite panel programming spanning every day of the Con.
- Go behind the scenes of DCE at DC ENTERTAINMENT – ALL ACCESS. Offering an in-depth look at some of the most exciting stories ever told across DC Comics, Vertigo and MAD, join Vertigo Executive Editor Shelly Bond, Ming Doyle (CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER), Jason Fabok (JUSTICE LEAGUE), JT Krul (BLOODLINES), Mitch Gerads (SHERIFF OF BABYLON), Annie Wu (BLACK CANARY) plus get the latest from acclaimed contemporary artist Nathan Sawaya (THE ART OF THE BRICK: DC COMICS). New and veteran fans alike are welcome for a tutorial on the essential stories, videos and products that make up DCE in a 101 guide to the DC Universe! Friday 1:30 p.m., Room 403AB
- It’ll be a yabba dabba doo time during DC COMICS – HANNA BARBERA. DCE Co-Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee will join artists Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti to give fans an exclusive taste of what’s in store as their favorite cartoons get a new twist with SCOOBY APOCALYPSE, THE FLINTSTONES, FUTURE QUEST and WACKY RACELAND. Friday 2:30 p.m., Room: 403AB
- From action figures to statues, busts to PVC figures, the DC Collectibles panel is the place to be for a behind-the-scenes look at some of the most spectacular products. Plus, hear from the team about how they come up with so many must-own products, and get an early look at what’s about to hit shelves. Saturday 1 p.m., Room: 151
- Artists and fans have the chance to learn from the best during ART MASTERS: DRAWING DC. Featuring a collection of talented DCE artists including Ming Doyle (CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER), Bernard Chang (BATMAN BEYOND), Amanda Conner (HARLEY QUINN, STARFIRE) and John Romita, Jr (SUPERMAN) take a unique look into their visual approach in shaping some of the best comics in the industry. Saturday 4 p.m., Room: 151
- Sit down with Jim Lee and Dan DiDio during their traditional SUNDAY CONVERSATION WITH THE CO-PUBLISHERS panel to get an up-close look at the driving forces behind DC Comics, Vertigo, MAD, and much more. Sunday 12 p.m., Room: 151
- The Graphitti Designs booth (South Hall, Booth #1403) will also feature WonderCon exclusive variant editions of THE DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE with cover art from Howard Porter, Jill Thompson, and Paul Pope. Plus #50 issues of SUPERMAN, BATMAN and WONDER WOMAN will also be available with exclusive variant covers featuring Henry Cavill (Superman), Ben Affleck (Batman) and Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) from the upcoming Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. And make sure to stop by the booth Saturday when a new mystery variant cover is revealed!
For all of your WonderCon event coverage, special announcements and exclusives for attendees, download the new DC All Access app, available at the iTunes App Store and Google Play.
Two time Eisner award-winning artist Rob Guillory here for a signing at Famous Faces on Friday March 4th from noon to 3:00 PM. Rob is best known for his work on the Image title CHEW.
**JUST ADDED** Billy Tucci has been writing and drawing comics for over 20 years. Some of the books he’s best recognized for are his work on Shi, Sgt. Rock, Heroes for Hire, Red Hood: Lost Days, Harley Quinn, Vampirella and many more!
Famous Faces and Funnies
3020 New Haven Avenue W, West Melbourne, FL 32904
Orlando Toy and Comic Con returns on Sunday January 31st, 2016 from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM at a new location, the Holiday Inn in Orlando, FL! Guests include Darwyn Cooke (The Twilight Children, Catwoman), Amanda Conner (Starfire, Harley Quinn), Jimmy Palmiotti (Power Girl, Jonah Hex), Tony S. Daniel (Batman & Robin Eternal, Teen Titans), Billy Tucci (Shi, Sgt. Rock), Tim Townsend (Doctor Strange, Uncanny X-Men), John Layman (Chew, Batman Eternal), and more!