Tampa Bay Comic Con is here!
February 10th, 2011 – Tampa Bay Comic Con returns to the Doubletree Hotel in Tampa, Florida! To ring in the celebration, Tampa Bay Comic Con has brought in fantastically talented guests of honor for the attendees to meet and greet at the upcoming convention on February 20th, 2011 at the Doubletree Hotel. Among the guests of honor is Mike Perkins, who is a comic book artist whose recent work includes the star-spangled war hero of World War II, Captain America! In addition, legendary artist Frank Brunner, who is renowned for his work on Marvel Comics’, Dr. Strange. Other guests include Marvel Zombies’ artist Arthur Suydam, Spider-Man artist Alex Saviuk, legendary wrestler Greg “The Hammer” Valentine and actor Joel Wynkoop. Expect to see an excited crowd of fans and many costumed as their favorite superheroes!
Tampa Bay Comic Con will be held on Sunday, February 20th, 2011 at the Doubletree Hotel in Tampa, FL from 10am to 4pm. The address is:
4500 West Cypress Street
Tampa, FL 33607
Please email email@example.com,or visit www.TampaBayComicCon.com for further details.
LEE MAJORS, MARY MCDONNELL, ADAM WEST, “BRADY BUNCH BOYS” AMONG HEADLINERS AT WIZARD WORLD BIG APPLE COMIC CON, OCTOBER 1-2-3 AT MANHATTAN’S PENN PLAZA PAVILION
First Convention Appearance For Majors in 30 years, First for “Bradys” together on East Coast and First for West-Burt Ward in N.Y. in Two Decades; Claudia Christian, Julia Jones And 200+ Celebrity Guests, Leading Comics Artists, Creative Directors To Attend
NEW YORK, Wizard World Big Apple Comic Con, part of North America’s largest pop-culture tour, is set for Friday through Sunday, October 1-3, at the Penn Plaza Pavilion in Manhattan. The event, the largest and longest-running Comic Con in New York, will bring together thousands of fans of all ages and plenty of celebrities and industry professionals to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, comics, toys, video gaming, television, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more.
Celebrity guests include:
Lee Majors (Six Million Dollar Man, The Fall Guy)
Mary McDonnell (Battlestar Galactica)
Adam West, Burt Ward (Batman)
Walter Koenig (Star Trek)
Claudia Christian (Babylon 5)
Julia Jones (Twilight: Eclipse)
Jake Lloyd, Ahmed Best, Bonnie Piesse (Star Wars)
Doug Jones (Hellboy)
Erin Gray (Buck Rogers)
Herb Jefferson, Jr (Battlestar Galactica – original series)
Richard Anderson (Six Million Dollar Man)
Barry Williams, Christopher Knight and Mike Lookinland (Brady Bunch)
Dan Folger (Balls of Fury, Fanboys)
Larry Thomas (Seinfeld)
Diora Baird (30 Days of Night)
Scott Porter (Caprica)
Captain Zorikh (Sci-fi Science, Jedi Junkies)
Paris Themmen (Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory)
Ashley C. Williams, Ashlynn Yennie, and Akihiro Kitamura (Human Centipede)
Kevin Nash, Ted DiBiase, Shane Douglas, Joel Gertner, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, Virgil, Sean “X-Pac” Waltman, Mikey Whipwreck, “Simply the Best” G.A. West, Torrie Wilson, Tammy “Sunny” Sytch (pro wrestlers)
Alison Whitmore (Editor – IFC.com)
Knicks City Dancers
They will be among the stars on hand to meet fans, sign autographs and take professional photographs (Photo Ops) with fans.
This is Lee Majors’ first convention appearance in 30 years and the first time the ‘Brady Boys’ have been together on the East Coast,
It is also the first time in nearly 20 years that West and his “Batman” co-star Burt Ward will have appeared together in New York.
Other popular Big Apple Comic Con celebrity guests include Claudia Christian (“Look,” “Babylon 5″), Julia Jones (THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, JONAH HEX), Jake Lloyd (STAR WARS: EPISODE I, “The Pretender”), Doug Jones (FANTASTIC FOUR, HELLBOY), Walter Koenig (“Star Trek,” “Babylon 5″) and other well-known personalities.
Fans can also meet their favorite comic artists, writers, and editors, including Carmine Infantino (Co-Creator of The Flash; Deadman; Batgirl; Human Target; Black Canary and the top Batman artist of the 60s!), Mike Grell (Green Arrow), Herb Trimpe (Hulk; Iron Man), Jerry Robinson (Batman, creator of Robin and Joker), Mark Millar (“Kick-Ass, Wanted), Dick Ayers (Sgt. Fury, The Incredible Hulk), Rich Buckler (Fantastic Four, All-Star Squadron), Irwin Hasen (Green Lantern, Dondi), Paul Levitz (Legion of Super Heroes, former DC president), Bob Wiacek (X-Men, The Brave and the Bold), Joe Madureira (Darksiders, Uncanny X-Men, Battle Chasers), Ethan Van Sciver (Green Lantern, Superman/Batman), Greg Horn (Blackest Night, Elektra, Ms. Marvel), Alex Maleev (Batman, Daredevil), Michael Golden (Wolverine: First Class, New Exiles), Mark Texeira (Moon Knight, Ghost Rider), Trevor Von Eeden (Black Lightning, Batman), J.G. Jones (Final Crisis, Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia), Leinil Yu (Wolverine; X-Men; Ultimate Comics: Avengers 2; Uncanny X-Men), Billy Tucci (Shi, Sgt. Rock), Mark Texeira (Moon Knight, Ghost Rider), Arthur Suydam (Marvel Zombies, Batman), Steve Manion (Fearless Dawn), Louis Small, Jr (Vampirella), Rob Liefeld (Deadpool, Youngblood), Jim Shooter (former editor-in-chief, Marvel, Valiant), Bill Jemas (former Marvel Comics publisher), J. David Spurlock (Author, artist, and editor), and many other national and local creators.
Children and adult attendees are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite villain, superhero or pop culture personality for the chance to win special prizes in costume contests. Event-goers may also try their hand interactive product exhibits and shop for collectible comics, movie and television memorabilia, toys and games at more than 200 dealer booths.
Special events at Big Apple Comic Con include the “Magic: The Gathering” card game tournament, professional photo opportunities (Photo Ops) with celebrities and others to be announced.
The Penn Plaza Pavilion is located at 401 Seventh Avenue at 33rd St., in the historic Hotel Pennsylvania. Big Apple Comic Con is the fifth stop on Wizard’s eight-city 2010 North American tour. Hours are Friday, Oct. 1, 5-9 p.m.; Saturday, Oct. 2, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.; and Sunday, Oct. 3, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. (all times Eastern). Tickets are available in advance or by calling 1-866-882-5860 and online at www.wizardworld.com/bigapple.html at up to a 15% savings over tickets purchased at the door. Advance adult single-day tickets are $25; three-day weekend tickets are $45, and tickets are free for children age 10 and under when accompanied by a paid adult (limit two children per adult). VIP packages with special entry and exclusive items are also available.
For the most recent event information please visit http://www.bigapplecon.com become a Big Apple Comic Con Fan on Facebook.
Comments Off on Florida Supercon Adds Over a Dozen More for 2010
FLORIDA SUPERCON 2010
OVER A DOZEN MAJOR NEW GUESTS ADDED FOR JUNE 18-20, 2010 SHOW
Miami, FL – Florida’s most exciting and fun genre convention continues to add more guests and events for the 5th annual Florida Supercon, set to occur June 18-20, 2010 in Miami, FL. Nineteen new guests have been added to the already massive guest list with more still to be announced as we get closer to the show!
Florida Supercon (FSC) is South Florida’s Comic Book, Anime, Animation, Video Game and Sci-Fi / Fantasy Festival, a three day festival that includes celebrity guests, comic book publishers, artists, writers, vendors, Q&A’s, parties, costume contests, anime programming, cosplay, panels, photo shoots, live music, video games and more. The event kicks off at 12:00PM, Friday, June 18 and the fun continues almost around the clock until 6:00PM, Sunday, June 20. FSC returns to Miami for its 5th year as it takes over almost 150,0000 square feet at the Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel and Convention Center to become the largest genre convention in the history of South Florida!
New guest artists include:
· Gene Colan: Legendary Comic Book Artist whose career has spanned 1946 to the present. Gene is well known for his work on Iron Man (including the classic Iron Man #1), Batman, Daredevil, Tomb of Dracula, Captain America, Doctor Strange and much more!
· Greg Horn: Superstar Comic Book Artist Greg Horn is well known for his painted work at both Marvel and DC including: Secret Invasion, Blackest Night, Ms. Marvel, Green Lantern, Anita Blake, Iron Man, She-Hulk and more!
· Jay Leisten: Current inker of Uncanny X-Men and Moon Knight for Marvel Comics. Jay’s other credits include Dark X-Men, Witchblade, Wolverine, New Avengers and much more!
· Echo Chernik: Echo has over fifteen years of experience as a professional commercial artist who has done work for Celestial Seasonings, Arlo Guthrie, Miller Brewing Co., Camel Cigarettes and more.
· Luis Diaz: Luis has worked as an illustrator, designer and fine artist for IDW Publishing (Wynonna Earp), Devil’s Due, Topps, WWE and more. He has created over 40 paintings for the new Garbage Pail Kids and Wacky Packages card sets.
New guest celebrities include:
· Robb Demarest: The lead investigator for Ghost Hunters International, Robb can be seen weekly on the Syfy channel investigating the paranormal.
· Brandy Green: A case manager for Ghost Hunters International, Brandy can be seen weekly on the Syfy channel investigating the paranormal.
· Luciana Carro: Star of Battlestar Galactica as “Kat” and Caprica as “Pyrah”.
· The Iron Sheik: Wrestling Legend, former WWF World Heavyweight Champion, WWF Tag Team Champion and WWE Hall of Fame member.
· Greg “The Hammer” Valentine: Wrestling Legend, former WWF Tag Team Champion, WWF Intercontinental Champion, NWA Champion and WWE Hall of Fame member.
· Terri Runnels: Former WWF, WWE and WCW manager, host and wrestler. Terri was one of the first WWE divas.
· Traci Brooks: TNA Wrestling star, Traci is the original TNA Knockout!
· SoCal Val: TNA Wrestling star.
New Musical Guests include:
· Addax: Indie Power Pop band
· Feeding Fingers: Post Punk / New Wave trio
· The Joyness: Pop / Folk Rock band
· S.S. Hanami: Anime Rock band
New Cosplay Guests include:
· Yaya Han: Cosplay Guest Yaya Han is a costume designer and cosplay entertainer with over 9 years of experience and over 100 costumes under her belt. Her intricate and lavish creations have won awards and acclaim nationwide.
· Miracole Burns: Model, Professional Makeup Artist, Costume Designer and Uber Nerd!
More information for each of these guests may be found at the FSC website www.supercon.tv. These new guests join a line up of over 100 guests already announced for the show, and that number continues to grow every week. Some of the guests already lined up for FSC 2010 include:
Comic Book artists and writers such as Ariel Olivetti, Gene Colan, Bill Sienkiewicz, Khoi Pham, Rafa Sandoval, Dennis Calero, Brad Walker, Paul Gulacy, Fred Van Lente, Filip Sablik, Georges Jeanty, Dick Giordano, Dustin Weaver, Steve Kurth, Shawn Crystal, Joe Jusko, Greg Horn, Allen Bellman, Clayton Henry, Alex Saviuk, Pat Broderick, Rob Hunter, Greg “Dark One” Williams, Vinnie Tartamella, Dick Kulpa, Jay Leisten, Luis Diaz and more!
Anime and Animation voice actors like Troy Baker (Naruto, Code Geass), Richard Horvitz (Invader Zim), Larry Kenney (Thundercats), Brittney Karbowski (Xenosaga, Pani Poni Dash), Dana Snyder (Aqua Teen), Charles Fleischer (Roger Rabbit), Brad Kesten (Charlie Brown), Angela Lee-Sloan (Lucy in Peanuts), Stacy H. Tolkin (Sally in Peanuts) and more!
Legendary Filmmakers Lloyd Kaufman and Hershell Gordon Lewis.
Movie and TV Celebrities such as Tia Carrere (Wayne’s World, Relic Hunter), Robb Demarest (Ghost Hunters International), Brandy Green (Ghost Hunters International), Luciana Carro (Battlestar Galactica), John Wesley Shipp (The Flash), Charles Fleischer (Back to the Future II), Julie McCullough (Growing Pains, The Blob), Louise Robey (Friday the 13th the series), Rebecca Staab (Fantastic Four), Michelle Lintel (The Black Scorpion) and more!
Wrestling Guests such as The Iron Sheik (WWF), Greg “The Hammer” Valentine (WWF), Sinn “Kizarny” Bodhi (WWE), Terri Runnels (WWE), Traci Brooks (TNA) and SoCal Val (TNA).
Musical Guests like MC Frontalot, Addax, Feeding Fingers, The Joyness, S.S. Hanami, Robbed By A Flute, Sci-Fried, The Pursuit, Murderous Rampage and more!
Cosplay and Entertainment Guests such as Yaya Han, Miracole Burns, The 3000 Brigade (Smash Bros. Show), Supercon Championship Wrestling, Wasabi Anime and more!
Stand Up Comedy Guests like Lisa Corrao, The Revenge of the Nerds Comedy Show, Julie McCullough and more!
Additional guests can be found at on the Florida Supercon website at www.supercon.tv
This years FSC will have dedicated programming tracks for each of the genre’s being celebrated. Some of the amazing events include:
- Q&A’s with most of our attending guests
- Comic art portfolio reviews for aspiring artists
- Fan panels for all aspects of the show (Comics, Anime, Animation, Sci-Fi etc.)
- Industry panels for breaking into Comics, Anime, Animation etc…
- The FSC Costume Competition (with over $3,000 in cash and prizes)
- The FSC Cosplay Skit Contest
- Rumble Roses Cosplay Wrestling
- The Otaku Insomnia Rave
- Cosplay Deviant’s Hentai Cafe
- Cosplay RockBand
- Supercon Championship Wrestling’s “Supercon Mania!”
- The Smash Brothers 3000 Super Show
- Filmmaking workshops with Hershell Gordon Lewis
- The FSC Film Festival
- Live Musical Performances
- Live stand up comedy
- Over 100 video game stations
- Video game tournaments
- A 50,000 square feet exhibition room with over 400 booths and tables featuring vendors, celebrity guests, artists, filmmakers and exhibits.
Complete information on these and dozens of more events taking place all weekend can be found at www.supercon.tv
The convention hours of operation are:
FRIDAY, JUNE 18: 12:00PM – 2:00AM
SATURDAY, JUNE 19: 11:00AM – 2:00AM
SUNDAY, JUNE 20: 11:00AM – 6:00PM
FSC is located at The Double Tree Miami Airport Hotel and Convention Center,
711 NW 72nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126. Discounted room rates for convention