Plastic City Comic Con holds their inaugural event for comics, toys and pop culture fans in North Central Massachusetts on Saturday July 30, 2016 from 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM at the Leominster Veterans Memorial Center. Jam packed with comic artists, writers, creators, and vendors! FREE ADMISSION! Guests include:
- Paul Kupperberg: Former editor of DC Comics and Weekly World News. Writer of Supergirl, Green Lantern, and Archie.
- Joe Caramagna: Writer of Ultimate Spider-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Avengers Assemble. Creator of Further Adventures of Wyatt Earp.
- Veronica Fish: Artist for the New Archie Series, Pirates of Mars, and The Wendy Project.
- Andy Fish: Artist and Writer for several books including How to Draw Graphic Novels, Dracula’s Army, and Geeks and Greeks.
- Joe St. Pierre: Artist for Spider-Man, Venom, Batman, Deadpool, and Transformers. He is also the creator of the New Zodiax.
- Sean Wang: Artist for the Tick and Meltdown for Image Comics. He is also the creator of his hit Sci-Fi series Runners.
- Rich Woodall: Writer of Kyrra Alien Jungle Girl for Dark Horse. Artist for the Zombie Bomb! Comic Anthology and creator of Johnny Raygun.
Geoff Johns appears at Midtown Comics in Times Sq. on Tuesday May 24th at midnight to celebrate the launch of DC REBIRTH!
DC Rebirth is almost here! The mega-sized DC Universe: Rebirth Special #1, which is written by Geoff Johns, is going to mark the beginning of the publisher’s enormous event. Well, how would you like to have your copy of the hugely anticipated issue signed by Geoff? Yeah, we’re guessing a lot of you would love that, so we’re having him over to celebrate DC Rebirth and sign some copies of the issue! This is going to be a limited signing, so you’ll have to win tickets. Test your luck below!
The signing will take place Tuesday (5/24) at midnight at Midtown Comics Times Square. Even if you don’t win a ticket, you can still pick up the can’t-miss DC issue because the store will be open at midnight! Details at the link.
Midtown Comics – Times Square
200 W. 40th Street, New York, NY 10018
Legendary comic book creator and Hero Initiative spokesperson Denny O’Neil is coming to The Dragon on May 21st!
The purpose of this special event is to raise money for the Hero Initiative, which provides a financial safety net for yesterdays’ creators who may need emergency medical aid, financial support for essentials of life, and an avenue back into paying work.
Starting at 2:00 PM, Denny will participate in an in-store signing event, with special guest Ty Templeton. CGC signature series is an option for this event. Autograph fee of $20 for CGC purposes. $10 for all other signatures, and Ty will be sketching. We will have lots of stories that Denny worked on available, and anything bought from The Dragon that day we will provide 10% to Hero Initiative.
In the evening we really kick it up a notch! We will be hosting a party with Denny! Denny will be interviewed by Ty about his long history in comics, and afterwards we will have a meet & greet with the pros. Limited capacity for this event! Tickets will be available at The Dragon.
Seriously, you need to be here and help us raise money for a hugely important cause.
Denny O’Neil wrote or worked as editor on some of the most famous books in comic history!
Denny wrote the Green Lantern / Green Arrow ‘Hard Luck Heroes’ stories that pushed the boundaries of comics in the 70’s. He wrote some of the most famous Batman stories of the 70’s, including The Laughing Fish. He wrote Iron Man when Tony Stark gave up being Iron Man. He had Superman face the greatest of all time in ‘Superman vs Muhammad Ali’.
He created the characters Ra’s Al Ghul, Talia Al Ghul, Azrael, Green Lantern John Stewart, The Iron Monger (the villain in the first Iron Man movie), and put James “Rhodey” Rhodes in the Iron Man armour.
As editor of the Batman universe he oversaw some of the most famous or important Batman stories of all time, such as: ‘The Dark Knight Returns’, ‘Batman Year 1’, ‘Batman Year 2’, ‘KnightFall’, ‘No Man’s Land’, ‘The Killing Joke’, ’10 Nights of the Beast’, ‘Batman/Grendel’, and he even edited Daredevil issues 163-200, the Frank Miller run which is basically Season 1 & 2 of the Netflix show.
Old Quebec Street Mall, 55 Wyndham St. N., Guelph, Ontario N1H7T8
Valiant Comics takes over Memory Lane Comics on Saturday April 23rd. We’re going to have a great signing with writers Robert Venditti (X-O Manowar, The Flash, Green Lantern) and Rafer Roberts, maker of comics (Archer & Armstrong, Plastic Farm), live music, cool freebies and much more!
Memory Lane Comics
5214 Market St, Ste 105, Wilmington, NC 28405
DC Entertainment (DCE) has an exciting line-up of WonderCon 2016 fan signings taking place in its show stopping booth (#1602) beginning Friday, March 25 to Sunday, March 27 at The Los Angeles Convention Center. Comic book fans attending the three-day show will have the chance to meet their favorite artists and authors for signings – including Jim Lee, Scott Snyder, John Romita, Jr. and more – at the DCE booth.
A full schedule of WonderCon 2016 talent signings is available below:
Friday, March 25, 2016*
12:30-1:30: Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti and Ming Doyle
1:30-2:30: Dan Jurgens, Bernard Chang and Marv Wolfman
2:30-3:30: Dan Abnett and Paul Dini
3:30-4:30: Jason Fabok
4:30-5:30: Tim Seeley, Tom King and Mitch Gerads
5:30-6:30: John Romita, Jr.**
Saturday, March 26, 2016*
10:30-11:30: Babs Tarr and Gilbert Hernandez
11:30-12:30: Robert Venditti and Philip Tan
12:30-1:30: JT Krul and Gene Luen Yang
1:30-2:30: Jason Fabok**, Geoff Johns** and Steve Orlando
2:30-3:30: Tony Daniel and Ming Doyle
3:30-4:30: Jim Lee** and Amy Chu
4:30-5:50: Tom King, Tim Seeley and Mitch Gerads
5:30-6:30: Scott Snyder**, Danny Miki, Collin Kelly, Jackson Lanzig and James Tynion IV
Sunday, March 27, 2016*
10:30-11:30: Amy Chu and Steve Orlando
11:30-12:30: John Romita, Jr.**
12:30-1:30: Dan Jurgens and Bernard Chang
1:30-2:30: Annie Wu
2:30-3:30: Scott Snyder** Danny Miki and James Tynion IV
3:30-4:30: Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti and Robert Venditti
During the three-day convention, DCE’s booth will serve as the go-to location for fans to mingle with some of the best comic writers and artists in the business with a robust schedule of talent signings, in addition to swag giveaways celebrating DC Comics and the upcoming feature film, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Plus, the booth will feature an impressive collection of items from DC Collectibles and Warner Bros. Consumer Products, and a towering, working Bat Signal made entirely of LEGO bricks in an homage to the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie from acclaimed exhibition, THE ART OF THE BRICK: DC COMICS.
* schedule is subject to change
** denotes a wristband is required
The All-Star Talent For The Line-Wide Relaunch – DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH – Will Be Revealed At An Unprecedented Saturday Morning Press Conference Open To All And Streamed Live! Plus there will be awesome fan activities, informative publishing panels, and special surprise announcements.
Marking WonderCon’s debut in its own backyard, DC Entertainment (DCE) will dominate the event with a stellar lineup of panels and fan activities beginning Friday, March 25 to Sunday, March 27 at The Los Angeles Convention Center.
DCE’s WonderCon 2016 programming will be highlighted by a must-attend event touting the upcoming colossal DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH line-wide comic book title relaunch. Open to media and fans and taking place Saturday, March 26 at 9 a.m. PDT in Petree Hall C in the West Hall, the press conference will be moderated by DC All Access co-host Tiffany Smith and include appearances by DCE Co-Publishers Jim Lee and Dan DiDio and DCE Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, who will reveal for the first time the lineup of writers and artists creating this incredible new universe of storytelling. This press conference will also be streamed live on DC Entertainment’s YouTube channel, and viewers can follow this interactive fan experience with #REBIRTH.
During the three-day convention, DCE’s expansive booth (#1602) will serve as the go-to location for fans to mingle with some of the best comic writers and artists in the business with a robust schedule of talent signings, in addition to swag giveaways celebrating DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH and the upcoming feature film, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Plus, the booth will feature an impressive collection of items from DC Collectibles and Warner Bros. Consumer Products, and a towering, working Bat Signal made entirely of LEGO bricks in an homage to the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie from acclaimed exhibition, THE ART OF THE BRICK: DC COMICS. Fans will also be tempted to shout, “Look! Up in the sky!” when they see the Superman LEGO sculpture soaring above the booth.
DCE will also delight fans with a robust schedule of fan-favorite panel programming spanning every day of the Con.
- Go behind the scenes of DCE at DC ENTERTAINMENT – ALL ACCESS. Offering an in-depth look at some of the most exciting stories ever told across DC Comics, Vertigo and MAD, join Vertigo Executive Editor Shelly Bond, Ming Doyle (CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER), Jason Fabok (JUSTICE LEAGUE), JT Krul (BLOODLINES), Mitch Gerads (SHERIFF OF BABYLON), Annie Wu (BLACK CANARY) plus get the latest from acclaimed contemporary artist Nathan Sawaya (THE ART OF THE BRICK: DC COMICS). New and veteran fans alike are welcome for a tutorial on the essential stories, videos and products that make up DCE in a 101 guide to the DC Universe! Friday 1:30 p.m., Room 403AB
- It’ll be a yabba dabba doo time during DC COMICS – HANNA BARBERA. DCE Co-Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee will join artists Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti to give fans an exclusive taste of what’s in store as their favorite cartoons get a new twist with SCOOBY APOCALYPSE, THE FLINTSTONES, FUTURE QUEST and WACKY RACELAND. Friday 2:30 p.m., Room: 403AB
- From action figures to statues, busts to PVC figures, the DC Collectibles panel is the place to be for a behind-the-scenes look at some of the most spectacular products. Plus, hear from the team about how they come up with so many must-own products, and get an early look at what’s about to hit shelves. Saturday 1 p.m., Room: 151
- Artists and fans have the chance to learn from the best during ART MASTERS: DRAWING DC. Featuring a collection of talented DCE artists including Ming Doyle (CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER), Bernard Chang (BATMAN BEYOND), Amanda Conner (HARLEY QUINN, STARFIRE) and John Romita, Jr (SUPERMAN) take a unique look into their visual approach in shaping some of the best comics in the industry. Saturday 4 p.m., Room: 151
- Sit down with Jim Lee and Dan DiDio during their traditional SUNDAY CONVERSATION WITH THE CO-PUBLISHERS panel to get an up-close look at the driving forces behind DC Comics, Vertigo, MAD, and much more. Sunday 12 p.m., Room: 151
- The Graphitti Designs booth (South Hall, Booth #1403) will also feature WonderCon exclusive variant editions of THE DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE with cover art from Howard Porter, Jill Thompson, and Paul Pope. Plus #50 issues of SUPERMAN, BATMAN and WONDER WOMAN will also be available with exclusive variant covers featuring Henry Cavill (Superman), Ben Affleck (Batman) and Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) from the upcoming Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. And make sure to stop by the booth Saturday when a new mystery variant cover is revealed!
For all of your WonderCon event coverage, special announcements and exclusives for attendees, download the new DC All Access app, available at the iTunes App Store and Google Play.
Artist Joe Quinones (Howard the Duck, FF, Wednesday Comics) appears to sign his Newbury Comics exclusive variant cover on
Wednesday February 24, 2016 Wednesday March 9th at the store on Newbury St. in Boston from 5:00 till 7:00 PM!
332 Newbury Street Boston, MA 02115
Writer Joe Kelly appears at Comic Book Jones on Wednesday February 10th from 3:30 till 7:00 PM! It has been a few years since Joe has been to CBJ. Right now he is writing Spider-Man/Deadpool. The day of the signing is when the 2nd printing to #1 and issue #2 come out!
Some other great books that Joe has written are: Big Hero 6, I Kill Giants, Four Eyes, JLA, Amazing Spider-Man, Ben 10, Deadpool, Bad Dog, Action Comics, Green Lantern: Legacy, etc.
Comic Book Jones
2220 Forest Avenue, Staten Island, NY 10303-1700
Comics legend Neal Adams sign on Saturday February 6th at Royal Collectibles from noon till 4:00 PM. Four of the variant February Neal Adams covers will be out this week! Neal will be signing and doing commissions. If you are interested in commissions please email Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org
96-01 Metropolitan Avenue, Forest Hills, NY 11375
Neal Adams returns to 99 Issues Comics on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 for a signing from 4:00pm – 7:00pm!
Neal Adams is an American comic book and commercial artist known for helping to create some of the definitive modern imagery of the DC Comics characters Superman, Batman, and Green Arrow; as the co-founder of the graphic design studio Continuity Associates; and as a creators-rights advocate who helped secure a pension and recognition for Superman creators Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.
Adams was inducted into the Eisner Award’s Will Eisner Comic Book Hall of Fame in 1998, and the Harvey Awards’ Jack Kirby Hall of Fame in 1999.
99 Issues Comics
4805 Moffett Road, Mobile, AL 36618