June 30, 2015 by Colin Solan
Filed under Animation, California, Collectibles, Comic Books, Comic-Con International, Convention News, Movies, Other, Science Fiction and Fantasy, Television, Top Stories, Video Games
While The Legend of Korra has come to an end, fans can still look forward to panels, signings, and exclusive merchandise at Comic-Con International 2015! IGN has announced that Nickelodeon will have an exclusive limited print drawn by co-creator Bryan Konietzko plus an figurine statue of Chief Beifong available at their booth. Co-creator Mike DiMartino has confirmed on his tumblr page that there will be signings at the Dark Horse Comics booth (#2615) on Friday July 10th from noon till 2:00 PM and at the Nickelodeon booth (#4113) on Saturday, July 11th from 3:00 – 5:00 PM (fans should note that both signings will be ticketed; please check with each booth for details).
Additionally there will be two Avatar/Korra related panels:
Nickelodeon and Dark Horse Comics: Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra panel
Friday, July 10
10am – 11am (PT)
Come celebrate Nickelodeon’s Avatar universe with the brilliant minds who created it all: co creators and executive producers Mike DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Mike and Bryan will discuss past storylines and tease the future at a panel full of surprises and behind-the-scenes stories.
Avatar Legacy Fan Panel
Saturday, July 11
10am – 11am (PT)
The story of Aang and Korra has ended in one form, but continues in graphic novels and through the fans. For over 6 years, Avatar Legacy has been hosting panels celebrating the fan’s love and loyalty. Moderated by Avatar_Mom, this year we welcome the talented Magda Escobedo Bazaldúa (Fan Artist), Kevin Coppa (Puppetbenders), Giancarlo Volpe (Director ATLA – Producer Green Lantern the Animated Series), Aaron Ehasz (Head Writer: ATLA),Dante Basco (Voice Actor: Zuko), Jack DeSena (Voice Actor: Sokka), and Darcy Rose Byrnes (Voice Actor: Ikki). We may even have surprise guests! The panel also hosts a cosplay contest open to all levels of skill. Hopefuls must be in the panel room to be considered by our scouts. Follow Avatar Mom’s Tumblr page for further details on contests and more…
Last Saturday night Gallery Nucleus opened a tribute exhibition of art to the Nickelodeon show Avatar: The Last Airbender and its spinoff The Legend of Korra. Hundreds of fans, many of whom cosplaying their favorite characters, waited for hours in eager anticipation with lines ultimately stretching around the building and down the block. Co-creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael DiMartino were on hand to sign autographs for a limited number of attendees. The artwork on display included both early development art and original pieces created by Avatar/Korra production artists and fans selected for inclusion.
Nucleus owner Ben Zhu, a self-avowed fan of Korra, said he got in touch with Nickelodeon around the middle of the third season to start planning the art show. “Little did we know that we would be the main event post show and no other fans events were in the works,” said Zhu in an email, “So in that sense, we got lucky.” Avatar/Korra co-creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dimartino remarked that they already knew of Nucleus’s reputation when they were approached because of the animation exhibitions it had hosted in the past. “It worked out nicely,” said Konietzko, “Lots of the crew from both shows are here so it’s kind of a family reunion.”
When asked about the future of 2D animation, Konietzko said the industry is currently in something of a Golden Age in television with more people going to art school specifically to study animation. Pointing to the artists represented in the exhibition, he and DiMartino agreed that they represent the future and will be the ones creating their own shows in the years to come.
During the opening only the first people in the gallery were given wristbands to get signatures from Konietzko and DiMartino. But the many attending artists from each show, including Joaquim Dos Santos, Angela Song Mueller, Colin Heck, Johane Matte, Giancarlo Volpe, Emily Tetri, Kenji Ono, Elsa Garagarza, Will Ruzicka, and more, mingled with fans and very graciously signed art books and prints. Also voice actors PJ Byrne (Bolin), Seychelle Gabriel (Asami),Dee Bradley Baker (Tarrlok and every single animal) and his daughter Cora (young Korra) also made appearances to meet fans and snap selfies. All told, a reported 1,500 people showed up to indulge in their fandom. Ben Zhu said, “This event broke attendance records for us and is the most attended show in our gallery’s history just above the Final Fantasy X/X2 game release event and the Harry Potter Tribute Exhibition. We knew the event was going to be big but anticipated maybe 2/3 the actual attendance.”
When asked if the story of Korra will continue in comic form as Avatar: The Last Airbender has, DiMartino remained cryptic but said if anything were to continue it would be there. He spoke well of the creative team behind the Dark Horse title, writer Gene Luen Yang and artist team Gurihiru, saying they are so talented they need very little direction.
The artwork for the exhibition will remain on display till March 22. The closing event on Saturday March 21st will feature a Q&A panel with Konietzko and DiMartino but is most likely to be restricted to 100-150 people. Fans are encouraged to follow Gallery Nucleus on their Facebook page and Twitter to get the latest news.
Cartoonist Liz Climo appears at Diesel Bookstore on Thursday October 2nd at 7pm along with a panel of of artists!
Diesel, A Bookstore in Brentwood welcomes Liz Climo to the store to participate in a panel discussion and sign her new book, The Little World of Liz Climo, on Thursday, October 2nd at 7pm.
Joining Liz will be a panel of illustrators and animators: Madeleine Flores, webcomic creator of Help Us Great Warrior!; Monica Ray, author of Phuzzy Comics and storyboard artist for Nickelodeon’s upcoming show, Bad Seeds; and Annie award winner, Giancarlo Volpe who has worked on various TV shows including, Avatar: The Last Airbender and Star Wars: The Clone Wars. This panel will be moderated by director, editor and comic aficionado, Kurt Mattila.
Artist Liz Climo has charmed her fans with her comic world of whimsical animal characters, where everyone from grizzly bears, dinosaurs, rabbits, and anteaters grapple with everyday life with wit and humor. Through her comics, we discover that an armadillo can dress for Halloween, a dinosaur can be a loving parent … and a rhino can squeeze orange juice! This new collection features more than 100 of her comics, starring her beloved characters in all kinds of funny situations, from celebrating holidays to helping friends.
Liz Climo is a character artist for The Simpsons and has worked on The Lebrons and Seth Macfarlane’s Cavalcade of Cartoon Comedy. She also the author of Le Petit Monde de Liz, a comic collection published in France as well as a forthcoming children’s book. She lives in Los Angeles.
Diesel Bookstore – Brentwood Country Mart
225 26th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90402
The Fandom Society’s inaugural COSPLAY BALL will be the largest cosplay event ever held in Hollywood, CA. This unique event allows fans who arrive early to meet their favorite stars from hit movies,TV shows, and internet series in a personal and interactive environment. The meet and greet event will be followed by an outrageous night of cosplay and special performances. Join us and meet your friends in fandom!
The Fandom Society is a community of fans, celebrating each other’s interests. We help you find your friends in fandom and be a part of a community of fans.
So far we have two confirmed hosts, Bryce Papenbrook and Giancarlo Volpe. Bryce Papenbrook is a voice actor and has been in the roles of Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan), Rin Okumura (Blue Exorcist), Kirito (SAO), Masaomi Kida (DRRR!), and is the voice of Makoto Naegi (SDR). Giancarlo Volpe was the director for Avatar: The Last Airbender and Clone Wars as well as the producer for Green Lantern: The Animated Series. And, of course, Dante Basco, the man behind the idea of Fandom Society. Dante Basco is best known as the voice of Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender, General Iroh from Legend of Korra, and Rufio from Hook.
7:30PM – 10:30PM Meet & Greet (Open to Guests Under 21 & 21+)
7:30 Doors Open for VIP Ticket Holders
8:00 Doors Open for General Admission Ticket holders
8:30 Intro & Cirque Performance
9:00 AJ Rafael Performance
9:45 The Megas Performance
10:15 Cirque Performance
10:30PM – 2:00AM Cosplay Ball (Open to Guests Over 21)
11:30 Cirque Performance
11:45 DJ Rufio Set
Special Guests (Updated)
Kevin Michael Richardson
Christine Marie Cabanos
Victor Yerrid and The Rufio Puppet
Mary Kate Wiles
Peter Adrian Sudarso
Mary Kate Wiles
What is Fandom Society?
The main idea behind Fandom Society is that everyone is a fan of something. Whether it be video games, anime, webcomics, comics, etc. someone’s a fan of something. Fandom Society is a way to meet new people within these fandoms and even to meet and interact with people you who would normally be behind a signing booth. The main goal behind Fandom Society is to break down that barrier between the fan and the content creators (because even Dante Basco can be a fanboy). We also want to show mainstream media what it is to be in a fandom and to be into cosplay (let’s pretend HoC didn’t happen).
Cosplay ball means… Cosplay! If you want to create an entirely new cosplay for this party alone, go ahead. Or if you want to recycle one you’re really proud of, do that too! We’re going to have a lot of coverage of this event so bring your best foot forward. The hosts will also be going around looking for the best costumes and you will be put front and center in a fashion show for the entire party to see. I don’t know about you, but that’s some motive to bring a great cosplay.
Now what are you doing? Go and buy your tickets and bring your friends too!
6675 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, CA 90028
Comments Off on CA – Green Lantern DVD Signing
Josh Keaton (voice of Hal Jordan), Giancarlo Volpe (producer), Frederik Weidmann (composer), Kevin Michael Richardson (voice of Kilowog, tentative), and Jim Krieg (writer, tentative) sign at Emerald Knights Comics on Sunday September 2nd at 1:00PM.
Emerald Knights Comics and Games
4116 W. Burbank Blvd, Burbank, CA 91505
Comments Off on Green Lantern: Rise of the Red Lanterns DVD Release
Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps embark on their latest intergalactic missions as Warner Home Video (WHV) releases Green Lantern: The Animated Series —Rise of the Red Lanterns (Season 1 Part 1) on DVD. Based on the adventures of the popular DC Comics super hero, Green Lantern: The Animated Series, currently part of Cartoon Network’s DC Nation programming block (Saturdays at 10 a.m. ET/PT), is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and animation legend Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series; DC Universe Animated Original Movies). The two-disc DVD set featuring the first 13 episodes of the CG-animated action series will be available on August 28, 2012 for $19.97 SRP.
Green Lantern: The Animated Series — Rise of the Red Lanterns (Season 1 Part 1) follows Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps on a treacherous journey through deep space. As Earth’s Green Lantern, Hal must face down an invasion from the villainous Red Lantern Corps, who will stop at nothing to destroy and silence the Green Lantern Corps forever. Joined by his former drill sergeant Kilowog, and several all-new heroes, Hal brings the cosmic battle against the forces of evil to the far reaches of the galaxy. Equipped with a new squad and new spacecraft, The Inceptor, Hal and the team set out to protect the universe — and the Green Lantern Corps itself!
“Green Lantern: The Animated Series has really taken us into a realm we hadn’t explored before: our first completely CG-animated series,” enthuses Sam Register, Executive Vice President, Creative Affairs, at Warner Bros. Animation. “Like Teen Titans and Batman: The Animated Series, it’s an incredible, groundbreaking action series, combining the legendary instincts of Emmy®-winning executive producer Bruce Timm and the incredible artistry of WBA’s CG animators. It’s a beautifully rendered, epic space adventure with a scale that’s simply breathtaking.”
“With the release of the live-action movie last summer and the wildly popular Cartoon Network series, Green Lantern mania is at an all-time high,” said Mary Ellen Thomas, Vice President of Family and Animation Marketing and Partner Brands. “Warner Bros. Animation is known for creating outstanding animated series, and we are thrilled to be able to bring these new super hero adventures to DVD.”
Executive produced by Sam Register (Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Ben 10), and Bruce Timm, Green Lantern: The Animated Series is produced by Giancarlo Volpe (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) and Jim Krieg (Ben 10: Alien Swarm). Based upon the popular DC Comics character, the series features the voice talents of Josh Keaton as Hal Jordan, Jason Spisak as Razer, Kevin Michael Richardson as Kilowog and Grey DeLisle as Aya. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, Green Lantern: The Animated Series airs Saturdays at 10 a.m. (ET/PT) as part of Cartoon Network’s DC Nation programming block.
Green Lantern: The Animated Series — Rise of the Red Lanterns (Season 1 Part 1) includes the following episodes:
- Beware My Power…Green Lantern’s Light (Part One)
- Beware My Power…Green Lantern’s Light (Part Two)
- Razer’s Edge
- Into the Abyss
- Heir Apparent
- Lost Planet
- Fear Itself
- …In Love and War
- Regime Change
- Flight Club
The DVD also includes a four-page preview of the Green Lantern: The Animated Series comic book.
Comments Off on WB TV Announces SDCC 2011 Schedule
29 DAYS, 23 HOURS, 15 MINUTES AND COUNTING…WARNER BROS. TELEVISION GROUP ANNOUNCES SCHEDULE FOR COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO
Stars and Producers of “The Big Bang Theory,” “Chuck,” “Fringe,” “Nikita,” “Supernatural,” “The Vampire Diaries,” “Alcatraz,” “Person of Interest,” “The Secret Circle,” “Childrens Hospital,” “Green Lantern: The Animated Series,” “The Looney Tunes Show,” “MAD,” “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated,” “ThunderCats” and “Young Justice” To Appear
Warner Bros. Entertainment’s Nearly 3,000-Square-Foot Booth to Host Signings, Special Events, Digitally Driven Fan Giveaways and More
BURBANK, Calif. (June 21, 2011, 10:45 AM PT: 29 days, 23 hours, 15 minutes until #WBSDCC) — The clock is ticking, and Comic-Con is right around the corner! By bringing 16 series to Comic-Con International: San Diego, Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) further strengthens its presence at the world’s leading pop culture convention — and will deliver a one-of-a-kind experience for fans in the process. The anticipation is building as a star-studded lineup of performers and producers from Warner Bros. Television and Warner Bros. Animation series prepare for a robust schedule of panel sessions, screenings, media appearances and autograph signings.
- For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter@TheWBdotcom, hashtag #WBSDCC, and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon
- For a complete social media contact list, including official Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for WBTVG series, talent and producers, download the social media contacts page here:www.thewb.com/comiccon/2011WBSDCCSocialMedia
PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change.
- “The Big Bang Theory”: Stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch join creators/executive producers Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady, and executive producer Steven Molaro
- “Chuck”: Stars Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Joshua Gomez, Ryan McPartlin, Mark Christopher Lawrence, Vik Sahay, Scott Krinsky with Sarah Lancaster and Adam Baldwin join co-creator/executive producer Chris Fedak for a panel to discuss the fan-favorite spy series’ final season
- “Fringe”: Stars Anna Torv, Lance Reddick, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole and John Noble join executive producers Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman
- “Nikita”: Stars Maggie Q, Shane West and Lyndsy Fonseca join executive producer Craig Silverstein
- “Supernatural”: Series stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles will topline the panel, held this year for the first time ever in Hall H. Additional cast members and executive producers to be announced.
- “The Vampire Diaries”: Stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Candice Accola and Joseph Morgan join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec
- “Childrens Hospital”: Star/executive producer Rob Corddry and executive producers Jonathan Stern join stars Malin Akerman, Lake Bell, Erinn Hayes, Rob Huebel and Megan Mullally
- “Alcatraz”: Stars Sarah Jones and Jorge Garcia join executive producer Elizabeth Sarnoff
- “Person of Interest”: Stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson and Taraji P. Henson join executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman
- “The Secret Circle”: Stars Britt Robertson, Thomas Dekker, Phoebe Tonkin and Natasha Henstridge join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson, Andrew Miller and Richard Hatem
WARNER BROS. ANIMATION
- “Green Lantern: The Animated Series”: Executive producer Bruce Timm will join producer Giancarlo Volpe and producer/story editor Jim Krieg for a panel moderated by executive producer/Warner Bros. Animation’s Sam Register
- “The Looney Tunes Show”: Supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone, story editor Hugh Davidson and writer Rachel Ramras
- “MAD”: “MAD” television show producers Kevin Shinick and Mark Marek, along with MADmagazine editor John Ficarra, art director Sam Viviano and “Spy vs. Spy” artist Peter Kuper
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: Supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone and producer Mitch Watson
- “ThunderCats”: Producers Michael Jelenic and Ethan Spaulding, and art director Dan Norton
- “Young Justice”: Producers Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman, and lead character designer Phil Bourassa
Download additional panel details, including the complete schedule with times and locations, here:www.thewb.com/comiccon/2011WBSDCCPanels
And it wouldn’t be Comic-Con without a visit to the Warner Bros. booth. The Studio will once again have a can’t-miss, nearly 3,000-square-foot destination on the convention floor, at space #4545. Anchored by the iconic Warner Bros. Water Tower, the booth is a must-visit location for autograph signings, multiple interactive kiosks for fans to play video games from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, and much, much more. Stay tuned to @TheWBdotcom on Twitter orwww.thewb.com/comiccon in the coming weeks for more details about activities at the booth.
SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK PILOT SCREENINGS
WEDNESDAY, JULY 20 • 6–9 PM • BALLROOM 20
WBTVG continues its Comic-Con tradition of hosting a special sneak peek premiere event on preview night. This year, the Studio is offering fans the opportunity to see some of the most anticipated new premieres of the year.
- “Alcatraz”: Executive producers J.J. Abrams and Elizabeth Sarnoff deliver a chilling new midseason drama for FOX revolving around America’s most infamous prison, the one-time home to the nation’s worst murderers, rapists, kidnappers, thieves and arsonists.
- “The Secret Circle”: The ordinary becomes extraordinary in this romantic drama about a coven of young witches, from “The Vampire Diaries” executive producer Kevin Williamson, based upon the book series by L.J. Smith (“The Vampire Diaries”).
- “Person of Interest”: From J.J. Abrams and “The Dark Knight” co-writer Jonathan Nolan comes an action-packed hour for CBS about an ex-CIA operative and a mysterious billionaire who team up to stop violent crimes before they happen in New York City.
- “Supernatural: The Anime Series”: The popular series “Supernatural” makes history this summer as the first-ever live-action show to be re-imagined in Japanese anime style. Renowned animation studio Madhouse — working with the full approval of series creator Eric Kripke — produced the anime series, which mirrors the story arc of “Supernatural’s” first two seasons, providing supplemental stories ranging from prequels and spin-offs to untold tales that fit within the “Supernatural” mythology.
THE TV SERIES SCHEDULE
FRIDAY, JULY 22
- “MAD”: 10:00–11:00 a.m., Room 25ABC
- “The Big Bang Theory”: 12:30–1:30 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Childrens Hospital”: 1:30–2:20 p.m., Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- “Green Lantern: The Animated Series”: 2:00–3:00 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “ThunderCats”: 3:30–4:30 p.m., Room 6A
SATURDAY, JULY 23
- “Chuck”: 10:00–10:45 a.m., Ballroom 20
- “The Vampire Diaries”: 3:30–4:15 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Fringe”: 4:15–5:00 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Alcatraz”: 5:00–6:00 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “The Secret Circle”: 5:10–6:00 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “Nikita”: 6:00–6:45 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “Person of Interest”: 6:45–7:30 p.m., Room 6BCF
SUNDAY, JULY 24
- “Young Justice”: 10:00–11:00 a.m., Room 7AB
- “Supernatural”: 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m., Hall H
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: 1:00–2:00 p.m., Room 6A
- “The Looney Tunes Show”: 2:15–3:15 p.m., Room 6A
Comments Off on Warner Bros. Showcases Television Stars at NYCC 2010
Stars and Producers from Nikita, V, The Vampire Diaries, Young Justice, MAD, and Green Lantern: The Animated Series to Appear October 8–10 at New York Comic Con 2010.
Selected stars and producers from these programs will be on-hand for panel sessions, media appearances and autograph signings at the East Coast’s biggest and most exciting popular culture convention from Friday, October 8–Sunday, October 10.
• Three generations of V queens — series stars Morena Baccarin and Laura Vandervoort, and guest star Jane Badler (Diana on the original V) — discuss their epic power struggle over the future of humanity in the forthcoming season two
• The Vampire Diaries executive producers Kevin Williamson & Julie Plec join series stars Steven R. McQueen, Sara Canning, Katerina Graham and Zach Roerig for their first New York Comic Con appearance (Note: Attendees are subject to change.)
• Nikita stars Maggie Q., Shane West and Lyndsy Fonseca team up with executive producer Craig Silverstein to give fans a peek a what’s ahead in season one
• Warner Bros. Animation unveils exclusive new footage from the upcoming series Young Justice, and the creative team behind Green Lantern: The Animated Series talks about this new project
• The team behind DC Comics’ MAD Magazine and Warner Bros. Animation’s new MAD animated television series give fans a light-hearted look at the past, present and future of an American institution For continuing information about the Studio’s plans at New York Comic Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom or search for news using the #WBNYCC hashtag.
Here is the complete WBTV and WBA New York Comic Con schedule:
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8
• 3:15–4:15 p.m. Mad About MAD Presentation/Q&A — MAD Magazine has established itself as the original, most imitated and influential satirical publication across generations. Recently, MAD made a triumphant return to TV on Cartoon Network with an all-new animated series from Warner Bros. Animation to corrupt the minds of the next generation! Come join MAD Magazine editor John Ficarra, MAD art director Sam Viviano, legendary MAD artist Mort Drucker and MAD television program producer Mark Marek, plus a few surprise guests for a lighthearted look at the past, present and future of an American institution. Room 1A06-7
• 4:30–5:30 p.m. MAD Signing at the DC Comics booth #2243
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 9
• 2:00–3:00 p.m. Young Justice Signing at the DC Comics booth #2243
• 2:30–3:30 p.m. Green Lantern: The Animated Series Presentation/Q&A — Saturday will be NYCC’s “brightest day” as Warner Bros. Animation proudly unveils this new series coming soon to Cartoon Network and based upon characters from DC Comics. Join series executive producer Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series), producer Giancarlo Volpe (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) and producer/story editor Jim Krieg (Ben 10: Alien Swarm) as these creative forces reveal their plans for one of the most highly anticipated new animated series. Room 1A14
• 3:45–4:45 p.m. Young Justice Video Presentation and Q&A — Join the league! Fans were given their first glimpse of Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Artemis this past July at Comic-Con International: San Diego. But this panel will offer far more than just a glimpse, as producers Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles) answer questions from fans and show footage from this highly anticipated series. A one-hour special event of Young Justice will premiere in November 2010 on Cartoon Network, and the series begins in 2011. Young Justice is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and is based upon characters from DC Comics. Room 1A14
• 4:00–5:00 p.m. Green Lantern: The Animated Series Signing at the DC Comics
• 5:15–6:15 p.m. V Special Video Presentation and Cast/Producer Q&A — In the first season of V, the Visitors arrived. In the second, coming in November to ABC, three generations of V queens — played by Morena Baccarin (Firefly), Laura Vandervoort (Smallville) and guest star Jane Badler (Diana on the original V) — will engage in an epic power struggle over the future of humanity. Join them and a V executive producer for a panel that will feature Q&A as well as footage from the new season. V is produced by HDFilms in association with Warner Bros. Television. Become a fan of the series on Facebook at www.facebook.com/V. IGN Theater/Special Events Hall
• 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. V Signing in Room 1C05
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 10
• 10:30–11:30 a.m. Nikita Video Presentation and Q&A — Looks do kill! International action star Maggie Q (Mission: Impossible III) plays Nikita, the former spy and assassin determined to destroy the secretive and corrupt government agency that trained her. Join Maggie, Shane West (ER), Lyndsy Fonseca (Kick-Ass) and executive producer Craig Silverstein (Bones) as they answer questions and provide a sneak peek at what fans can expect in upcoming episodes. From Wonderland Sound and Vision in association with Warner Bros. Television, Nikita airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on The CW. Become a fan of the show on Facebook at www.facebook.com/nikita. IGN Theater/Special Events Hall
• 1:00–1:45 p.m. Nikita Signing in Room 1C05
• 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. The Vampire Diaries Special Video Presentation and Select Cast/Producer Q&A — The Vampire Diaries sinks its teeth into the Big Apple today — a New York Comic Con first! Join series stars Steven R. McQueen (character name: Jeremy), Sara Canning (Jenna), Katerina Graham (Bonnie) and Zach Roerig (Matt), and executive producers Kevin Williamson & Julie Plec for a discussion of all things Mystic Falls! NOTE: Attendees are subject to change. From Bonanza Productions Inc., Outerbanks Entertainment and Alloy Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios, The Vampire Diaries airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thevampirediaries and follow the show on Twitter at ww.twitter.com/CW_VampDiaries. IGN Theater/Special Events Hall
• 2:00–3:00 p.m. The Vampire Diaries Signing in Room 1C05