Comments Off on CA – Forever Evil Signing
Writer and Chief Creative Officer of DC Comics Geoff Johns appears at Beach Ball Comics on Wednesday, September 4, 2013 from 5:00pm until 7:00pm! He’ll be here to meet fans and sign the very first issue of this seven issue universe-wide series (featuring the art of David Finch!)
Beach Ball Comics
3024 W Ball Rd Ste G, Anaheim, CA 92804
Comments Off on Robot Chicken Skewers DC Comics (But Mostly Aquaman)
This week Adult Swim and DC Entertainment release the Robot Chicken DC Comics Special on Blu-ray and DVD! Like a medieval jester speaking truth to power, Robot Chicken’s spoofs and irreverent humor allow them to point out the inconsistencies and flaws of the DC Universe. For instance, they bring Superman’s power to erase memories with a kiss to it’s obvious conclusion and what real nerds would do with the power of a Green Lantern ring. The show also makes several deep pulls from the DC mythology citing characters like B’dg and Mister Banjo (I had to look them up too).
While everybody gets lampooned at some point, the overarching theme of the special would be how much of a tool is Aquaman. All the hard work writer and Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns has done in the comics to establish Aquaman as a cool character is wiped away within the first ten seconds of the show. Which is especially perplexing since Johns is also a writer and executive producer of Robot Chicken.
The Blu-ray/DVD contains over two hours of bonus features including commentaries by the cast and crew, footage of the Robot Chicken team cosplaying for the special’s premiere, and a tour of DC Entertainment’s west coast office. Fun fact: Robot Chicken co-creator has an Arashikage ninja clan tattoo on the inside of his right arm.
This July, the Robot Chicken television series heads back to Blu-ray™ and DVD – and this time, the DC Comics universe is at the center of its Emmy® Award-winning stop-motion lampooning. Stoopid Buddy Stoodios, in partnership with DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, continues to build its repertoire of dishing out hilarious sketch comedy parodies in the all-new Adult Swim Blu-ray and DVD release, Robot Chicken DC Comics Special. The special, which boasts an all-star cast as well as characters Robot Chicken fans have grown to love, provides a unique take on some of the most iconic superheroes from the DC Comics universe – along with others whose powers can’t really be called “super.” It will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on July 9, 2013 for the suggested retail price of $19.98 and $14.98, respectively.
With more than two hours of bonus content created by the special’s producers, including deleted scenes, commentaries, outtakes and more, the Robot Chicken DC Comics Special Blu-ray and DVD is a must-own addition for fans of Robot Chicken and DC Comics alike. The special’s all-star cast includes series co-creator and executive producer Seth Green as Batman, Robin and the put-upon Aquaman; Neil Patrick Harris as Two-Face; Alfred Molina as Lex Luthor; Nathan Fillion as the Green Lantern; Megan Fox as Lois Lane; series and special writer/voice talent Breckin Meyer as Superman, plus Abe Benrubi, Alex Borstein, Clare Grant, Tara Strong, series co-creator and executive producer Matthew Senreich, series co-head writer/co-executive producer Tom Root, series director Zeb Wells and Kevin Shinick as co-producer, writer and narrator.
The list of special features included on the Robot Chicken DC Comics Special Blu-ray and DVD include:
· The Making of Robot Chicken DC Comics Special
· Robot Chicken DC Comics Special’s Aquaman Origin Story
· Chicken Nuggets
· Writers’ Commentary
· Actors’ Commentary
· DC Entertainment Tour
· Stoopid Alter Egos
· Deleted Sketches
· 5.2 Questions
Executive producers for the Robot Chicken DC Comics Special include Green, Senreich, DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, Warner Bros. Animation’s Executive Vice President, Creative Affairs Sam Register, and Stoopid Buddies Stoodios’ John Harvatine IV and Eric Towner. Green directs the 23-minute special with a script by co-head writers/co-executive producers Douglas Goldstein and Root along with Robot Chicken series writers Green, Senreich, Mike Fasolo, Zeb Wells, Matthew Beans, DC Entertainment’s Johns, Men at Work and Franklin & Bash’s Meyer and MAD’s Shinick. Janet Dimon is supervising producer and Ethan Marak is co-producer.
Comments Off on DC Entertainment Celebrates Superman’s 75th Anniversary and More at SDCC 2013
DC ENTERTAINMENT UNLEASHES IMPRESSIVE SLATE OF STELLAR EVENTS AT COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO 2013
Superman 75th Anniversary Celebration of World’s Greatest Super Hero Continues
Neil Gaiman Awakens THE SANDMAN For All-New Series
Journey To The Dark Side As Villains Take Over DC COMICS – THE NEW 52
DC Entertainment, home to the World’s Greatest Super Heroes and the most talented writers and artists in the business, announced today it will storm Comic-Con International: San Diego 2013 with an impressive line-up of events, announcements and giveaways that promise to amaze fans and continue to cement its position as a leader in the comic book industry.
The largest English-language publisher and the leader in digital comics innovation, DC Entertainment will conquer Comic-Con with a selection of can’t-miss events. Fans can look forward to an unprecedented celebration of the greatest and most iconic hero in history, Superman – including a look at the best-selling new series SUPERMAN UNCHAINED and the return of Neil Gaiman’s acclaimed Vertigo series with THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE, featuring the breathtaking artwork of J.H. Williams III. But the San Diego fireworks don’t end there, as DC Entertainment will be giving fans a sneak peek at the dark future within DC COMICS – THE NEW 52 and unveiling the JUSTICE LEAGUE KIA car featuring custom artwork from DC Entertainment Co-Publisher Jim Lee to benefit the WE CAN BE HEROES giving campaign, and more.
DC Entertainment’s interactive 4,500 square foot booth (#1915) will take flight this year with a staggering collection of Superman costumes highlighting the Super Hero’s various eras and donned by actors including Henry Cavill, Christopher Reeve, Dean Cain and Tom Welling. The costume gallery anchors a booth that also boasts video game demos, creator signings, a special fan green-screen photo area, giveaways and exclusive video footage.
Plus, with a schedule packed with over 15 panels, DC Entertainment is set to deliver to fans a stellar collection of appearances, announcements and events.
- All hail the world’s first Super Hero as Superman celebrates 75 years! DC Entertainment will join its partners across Warner Bros. Entertainment to salute the most revered and influential comic book character of all time with a slew of must-see events in celebration of both the Man of Steel’s history – including a special Superman 75 panel featuring an all-star roster of guests, including Jack Larson (the original Jimmy Olsen from Adventures of Superman), first-time Comic-Con panelist Tim Daly (Superman: The Animated Series) and reigning animated Supergirl Molly Quinn (Castle) to comics luminaries Paul Levitz, Grant Morrison and Dan Jurgens plus talent from the current blockbuster, “Man of Steel,” and a first look at the animated short chronicling the character’s rich history, produced by “Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder – plus more information on the powerhouse comic book series SUPERMAN UNCHAINED from acclaimed artist Jim Lee and writer Scott Snyder.
- Be there as the legendary Neil Gaiman offers fans a first look at his return to the comic book series that launched his career with Vertigo’s THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE. Brought to life by renowned artist J.H. Williams III, the new 6-issue miniseries set for release on October 30, will also be the subject of an all-star panel featuring Gaiman, Williams and artists Dave McKean and Sam Kieth.
- Dive into Vertigo’s upcoming slate of genre-defying titles – including the dark fantasy COFFIN HILL, the epic adventure HINTERKIND, the post-apocalyptic SUICIDERS, THE SANDMAN spin-off THE DEAD BOY DETECTIVES, and the erotic thriller THE DISCIPLINE, along with the return of the fan-favorite series from Scott Snyder and Rafael Albuquerque, AMERICAN VAMPIRE.
- Terror takes over when Villains Month hits in September. Get an inside look at the shocking events facing our heroes as the first DC COMICS – THE NEW 52 universe-wide event is unleashed. The event, spearheaded by the 7-issue FOREVER EVIL series by superstar writer Geoff Johns with art by the incredibly talented David Finch will also feature 52 jaw-dropping villain-centric titles boasting 3-D Motion covers. Fans will also be able to delve into the structure of this summer’s Justice League event Trinity War with a whiteboard animation video narrated by Johns, which will be showcased at the DC Entertainment booth. Plus, fans can get an early look at “Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics,” an all-new documentary to be teased along with a panel headed by Johns, Kevin Shinick (Robot Chicken), Andrea Romano (Batman: The Animated Series) and Scott Porter (Friday Night Lights).
- Don’t miss DC Entertainment’s display of seven Justice League-inspired KIA cars (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg) featuring custom automobile detailing and artwork by legendary artist Jim Lee at the Interactive Zone at Petco Park, Official Comic-Con Partner. Comic-Con will mark the unveiling of the centerpiece to the collection – the JUSTICE LEAGUE KIA – to be auctioned off to benefit the WE CAN BE HEROES giving campaign to help fight the hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa.
- DC Entertainment, firmly established as the industry leader in digital comics, will debut its first-ever panel dedicated to the space – slated to reveal new art, innovations and an all-star cast behind some of DC Comics Digital’s most popular releases including BATMAN ’66, INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US, SMALLVILLE SEASON 11, LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT, ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN, BATMAN: LI’L GOTHAM, and BATMAN BEYOND!
- Fans will be able to pick up a wide offering of exclusive items only available at this year’s Comic-Con – including variant cover editions of some of DC Comics’ most popular series JUSTICE LEAGUE, BATMAN, SUPERMAN UNCHAINED, and BATMAN ’66, along with five new DC Collectibles items like the Aardman: Superman Action Figure, a three-pack of Super Best Friends Forever Action Figures, Batman Arkham City: Hugo Strange, a “Man of Steel” 1:6 scale Icon Statue black costume variant and DC Comics’ Super Heroes of Green Lantern four-pack.
- Superman gets an altogether different take in the fractured alternate universe of Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, the highly anticipated DC Universe Animated Original Movie to premiere Friday at Comic-Con.
- Get an inside look at INSIDE MAD, the hugely anticipated forthcoming collection from “The Usual Gang Of Idiots” at MAD Magazine and get a dose of the magazine’s wit and snark at the annual MAD panel – orchestrated by Editor John Ficarra and a side-splitting cast of characters.
– See more at: http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/07/02/dc-entertainment-unleashes-impressive-slate-of-stellar-events-at-comic-con#sthash.WzD2hyiR.dpuf
Comments Off on CA – Greenest Night Benefit
Geoff Johns, Jeph Loeb, and more appear at a CBLDF fundraiser in Los Angeles on Friday, May 24th! Get tickets at the link!
On Friday, May 24, come celebrate the creativity of Geoff Johns at Greenest Night: A Celebration of Geoff Johns’ Green Lantern benefiting Comic Book Legal Defense Fund! Join Johns’ at the Avalon Bardot Theater in Hollywood, CA for an intimate look back on his Green Lantern run with a revealing Q&A session kicked off with a keynote appreciation presented by Jeph Loeb. Geoff will also take center stage at a star-studded VIP opening reception, where all guests will receive special and extremely limited commemorative merchandise created by Graphitti Designs! Only 100 seats are available for this exclusive evening celebrating Geoff’s once-in-a-generation accomplishment – get yours now!
Greenest Night: A Celebration of Geoff Johns’ Green Lantern toasts Johns’ unique accomplishment with an upscale and intimate celebration at the Avalon Bardot theater in Hollywood, CA. There are two levels of admission for this limited event:
Regular admission tickets are available for a $100 donation to the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, and includes:
Admission to the exclusive Q&A
A signed & numbered commemorative print from Graphitti Designs
A signed copy of Green Lantern #20 with a commemorative Certificate of Authenticity, and other gifts.
$80 of this contribution is tax deductible.
VIP Admission tickets are available for a $250 donation to CBLDF, and includes:
Admission to the star-studded VIP opening reception and premiere seating at exclusive Q&A,
A copy of Absolute Green Lantern: Rebirth, with an exclusive, commemorative bookplate
An exclusive, commemorative t-shirt from Graphitti Designs
A signed & numbered commemorative print from Graphitti Designs
A signed copy of Green Lantern #20 with a commemorative Certificate of Authenticity, and other gifts.
$126 of this contribution is tax deductible.
Greenest Night: A Celebration of Geoff Johns’ Green Lantern is sponsored by DC Entertainment and is produced by Comic Book Legal Defense Fund and Comic Book Resources, with merchandise provided by Graphitti Designs. The event happens on Friday, May 24 at 8:00 PM, with a VIP opening reception at 7:00.
Avalon Bardot Theater
1735 Vine Street Los Angeles, CA 90028
Comments Off on Scene on the Web Weekly: May 6-12, 2013
MegaCon 2014 makes their first guest announcements, Geoff Johns hints at SDCC media announcements for DC, and Free Comic Book Day reports come in. All that and more in this week’s Scene on the Web!
Comments Off on CA – FCBD: Superman Signing
2013 Free Comic Day Info:
FREE Autograph Signing Schedule
*DAVID HORVATH (Uglydoll Co-Creator)
Free Uglydoll Viz Comic!
CHRISTOS GAGE (Comic & TV Writer)
Free Absolution Avatar comic!
SCOTT SHAW! (Cartoonist for Annoying Orange & Simpsons) Free Bongo Comic & Sketches!
MAX BEMIS (Frontman for the Indy Band Say Anything & comic creator) Free BOOM! & KABOOM! Comics!
-Polarity comic issues #1 & #2 from BOOM! on sale at the event!
GEOFF JOHNS (DC Comics C.C.O & Comic Writer) Free Superman DC Comic & one (1) other item signed ONLY!
ALL DAY LONG
-PREVIEW THE NEW “STAR TREK: THE VIDEO GAME”
FOR XBOX 360 ON THE VIDEO GAME TRUCK!
-DJ SET BY PDUB!
Golden Apple Comics
7018 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90038
If you have’t already made arrangements for Comic-Con International: San Diego (and have $10,000 you can spare), you can be one of three fans to purchase the “Meet Geoff Johns and Gary Frank” package from the DC Entertainment: We Can Be Heroes Indiegogo campaign.
The package includes 2 badges to the convention, airfare and hotel, a group lunch with Johns and Frank, 2 invites to the VIP DC event, a Jim Lee t-shirt, and a Gary Frank lithograph. The tax-deductible amount of the package is $3,841.
There are 40 days left in the campaign, and as I am writing this, none of the 3 Johns and Frank packages have been claimed.
Comments Off on CA – Justice League of America Signing
Writers Geoff Johns and Andrew Kreisberg appear at Earth-2 Comics Northridge on Saturday March 2, 2013 from noon to 2:00 pm to celebrate the relaunch of Justice League of America and Justice League of America’s Vibe. The writers will be available to meet with fans and sign the first issues of both Justice League of America, written by Johns, and illustrated by David Finch, and Vibe, written by Kreisberg and Johns, and illustrated by Pete Woods.
While Johns has been writing the hit Justice League series since 2011, this marks the debut of the classic Justice League of America title in DC Comics’s popular New 52 line of titles. Vibe originated in the 1980s Justice League of America series but the character died heroically in the line of duty.
Justice League of America #1 is being released with 53 covers featuring the United States flag along with the flags of the 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
The event will take place at Earth-2 Comics Northridge located at 8967 Reseda Blvd. on Saturday March 2 from noon-2pm.
All-American snacks will be available from the Munchie Machine food truck.
Geoff Johns is the award-winning writer of such popular comic-book series as Green Lantern, Blackest Night, Aquaman and Superman Secret Origin as well as the screenwriter of acclaimed episodes of Smallville. He currently serves as Chief Creative Office of DC Comics and is a partner in Earth-2 Comics Northridge.
Andrew Kreisberg is currently Executive Producer of the hit Arrow TV series on the CW. In addition to serving as writer and co-executive producer on such TV series as Warehouse 13 and Fringe, he has also written such comic books as Green Arrow/Black Canary and the well-received Batman/Joker tale Dead to Rights.
Earth-2 Comics, founded in 2003, was the 2007 winner of the Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award. In 2009, Earth-2 opened a second location in Northridge. In 2011, Earth-2 was named “Best Place to Stock Up on Trade Paperbacks” by the LA Weekly in their annual Best of LA issue.
8967 Reseda Blvd, Northridge, CA 91324
DC ENTERTAINMENT LAUNCHES ACTION-PACKED TAKEOVER OF NEW YORK COMIC CON
Major initiatives take spotlight at pop culture and comic book mega-event:
Cast of Warner Bros. Television’s ARROW to appear in DC Entertainment booth
Revelations from hit comic saga BATMAN: DEATH OF THE FAMILY
SUPERMAN, BATMAN and JUSTICE LEAGUE news
Spotlight on Vertigo’s THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO graphic novel
Exclusive comics, collectibles and more
BURBANK, Calif. (October 5, 2012) – DC Entertainment – the industry leader in print and digital comics – will raise fan excitement to record-breaking levels with a number of announcements, creator signings, panels and celebrity appearances at New York Comic-Con. The impressive lineup of DC Entertainment activities takes place October 11-14 and cements New York Comic-Con’s position as one of the can’t-miss pop culture events of the year.
Stephen Amell – star of The CW’s highly-anticipated ARROW – will be on hand, along with an unprecedented lineup of comic book talent to give fans and attendees exclusive insight into DC Entertainment’s best-selling titles and iconic characters.
DC Entertainment will also debut its new, fully interactive booth experience at New York Comic-Con. First revealed at San Diego Comic-Con earlier this year, the state-of-the-art booth includes a demo area where fans can experience digital comic book reading on the iPad, Nook and Kindle and a green screen that will allow attendees to pose next to some of their favorite Super-Villains. Fans will also be able to purchase exclusive merchandise at the DC Entertainment booth for the first time, including top titles and a wide selection of DC Collectibles product.
DC Entertainment can be found at booth #1238. Here are some of the major stories fans can look forward to hearing about at the show – plus much more:
- Following the historic, nationwide debut of “Arrow Day,” superstar comic book writer and DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns joins the cast and creators of ARROW for an exclusive panel to provide new insights into the new television series on Sunday at 11 a.m. in the IGN Theater.
- Con-goers and panel attendees will be treated to major, game-changing news announcements affecting the Man of Steel and the entire SUPERMAN family of titles.
- Fans will also be treated to key revelations and jaw-dropping, beautiful art from the best-selling BATMAN: DEATH OF THE FAMILY event courtesy of writer Scott Snyder, artist Greg Capullo and an all-star cast of talent.
- DC Entertainment will announce details on a new and unique partnership in support of WE CAN BE HEROES.
- The literary event of the season will be a major point of interest, as the gritty graphic novel adaptation of THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO speeds toward its November release.
- Clues surround the next chapter in the epic GREEN LANTERN comic book saga, as fans will get hints at what’s coming their way in the pages of the RISE OF THE THIRD ARMY crossover event.
- Vertigo fans will get a heavy dose of their favorite titles – along with some groundbreaking new additions, including SANDMAN, DJANGO UNCHAINED, GHOSTS and FABLES: WEREWOLVES OF THE HEARTLAND and more.
- MAD Magazine’s “Usual Gang of Idiots” will be on hand to discuss the arrival of Totally MAD, a hardcover book celebrating 60 years of the magazine’s sharp satire and biting parody. Fans will also have the chance to subscribe to MAD Magazine in the DC Entertainment booth.
- Can’t make the Con? DC Entertainment’s website is the go-to place for exclusive announcements, creator access and artwork reveals and more. Visit the page at Con Away From Con page.
DC Entertainment’s New York Comic-Con 2012 panel schedule includes:
Thursday, October 11:
- 5:00-6:00pm – DC Collectibles
- 6:30-7:30pm – DC Comics – THE NEW 52: Superman
Friday, October 12:
- 10:15-11:00am – DC Entertainment: Talent Search
- 12:30-1:30pm – DC Entertainment: From Concept to Page
- 1:30-2:30pm – Vertigo: A View from the Cutting Edge of Comics
- 2:45-3:45pm – DC Comics: Green Lantern – The Third Army Arrives
- 4:15-5:15pm – DC Comics All Access: Before Watchmen
Saturday, October 13:
- 11:00am-12:00pm – DC Entertainment: Talent Search
- 12:15pm-1:15pm – Mad about MAD
- 1:30-2:30pm – DC Comics – THE NEW 52
- 4:00-5:00pm – Vertigo – Fables: 10th Anniversary!
- 5:15-6:15pm – DC Comics: Justice League
Sunday, October 14:
- 11:00am-12:00pm – DC Entertainment: Meet the Co-Publishers
- 12:15pm-1:15pm – DC Comics: Batman – Death Comes to Gotham
- 2:30-3:30pm – Drawing DC: Kids Edition
From executive producers Greg Berlanti (Green Lantern), Marc Guggenheim (Green Lantern), Andrew Kreisberg (Fringe) and David Nutter (Smallville), hard-hitting action TV series Arrow reinvents the DC Comics hero. After being marooned for five years on a remote island, billionaire Oliver Queen returns home with a mysterious agenda and a very lethal new set of skills that he uses in a war on crime. The series stars Stephen Amell (Private Practice), Colin Donnell (Pan Am), Katie Cassidy (Supernatural), David Ramsey (Dexter), Willa Holland (The O.C.) with Susanna Thompson (Dragonfly) and Paul Blackthorne (The River). From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, Arrow will air Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW this fall.
About DC Entertainment:
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating its content across Warner Bros. Entertainment and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world. In January 2012, DC Entertainment, in collaboration with Warner Bros. and Time Warner divisions, launched We Can Be Heroes—a giving campaign featuring the iconic Justice League super heroes—to raise awareness and funds to fight the hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa.
Comments Off on MI – Green Lantern Presentation
Geoff Johns appears at the Arab American National Museum on Saturday, September 8, 2012 from 4:00-6:00 p.m.
When the identity of the latest person to wear the Green Lantern ring is officially unveiled Sept. 5, comic book fans will meet Baz, their first major Arab American comic book superhero.
On Sept. 7-8, fans may meet Baz’s creator, Geoff Johns (left) – a Lebanese American who grew up in metro Detroit, studied at Michigan State University, and is now chief creative officer of DC Entertainment – at a pair of public events in Dearborn. The events are presented by the Arab American National Museum (AANM) in partnership with its East Downtown Dearborn neighbor, Green Brain Comics.
On Saturday, Sept. 8, Johns will meet with area youth to discuss the creation of superhero characters during an invitation-only workshop being held at the AANM, 13624 Michigan Ave. Then, from 4-6 p.m. Johns delivers a presentation on his career and characters in the Lower Level Auditorium at the AANM.
The presentation is free; seating is first come, first served. There will be no opportunity for autographs at this event.
From 5-7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 7, Johns will appear at Green Brain Comics, 13210 Michigan Ave., for a special signing to commemorate the release of Green Lantern #0 featuring Baz, who is expected to be a key figure in the upcoming Green Lantern crossover Rise of the Third Army.
Purchase of Green Lantern #0 from Green Brain Comics is required for attendance at the Green Brain event. There is a limit of two items signed per person.
Geoff Johns is one of the most prolific and popular contemporary comic book writers. He has written highly acclaimed stories starring Superman, Green Lantern, the Flash, Teen Titans, and Justice Society of America. He is the author of The New York Times best-selling graphic novels Green Lantern: Rage of the Red Lanterns, Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps War, Justice Society of America: Thy Kingdom Come, Superman: Brainiac, and Blackest Night.
Johns was born in Detroit, raised in Grosse Pointe and studied media arts, screenwriting, film production and film theory at Michigan State University. After moving to Los Angeles, he worked as an intern and later an assistant for film director Richard Donner, whose credits include Superman: The Movie, Lethal Weapon 4, and Conspiracy Theory.
Johns began his comics career writing Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. and creating Stargirl for DC Comics. He received the Wizard Fan Award for Breakout Talent of 2002 and Writer of the Year for 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 as well as the CBG Writer of the Year 2003 through 2005 and 2007 and 2008, and CBG Best Comic Book Series for JSA 2001 through 2005.
After acclaimed runs on The Flash, Teen Titans, and the best-selling Infinite Crisis miniseries, Johns co-wrote a run on Action Comics with his mentor Donner. In 2006, he co-wrote 52, an ambitious weekly comic book series set in real time, with Grant Morrison, Greg Rucka and Mark Waid. Johns has also written for various other media, including the acclaimed “Legion” episode of Smallville and the fourth season of Robot Chicken. He is writing the story of the DC Universe Online massive multiplayer action game from Sony Online Entertainment LLC and joined DC Entertainment as its Chief Creative Officer in 2010.
Arab American National Museum
13624 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126