Geoff Johns appears at Midtown Comics in Times Sq. on Tuesday May 24th at midnight to celebrate the launch of DC REBIRTH!
DC Rebirth is almost here! The mega-sized DC Universe: Rebirth Special #1, which is written by Geoff Johns, is going to mark the beginning of the publisher’s enormous event. Well, how would you like to have your copy of the hugely anticipated issue signed by Geoff? Yeah, we’re guessing a lot of you would love that, so we’re having him over to celebrate DC Rebirth and sign some copies of the issue! This is going to be a limited signing, so you’ll have to win tickets. Test your luck below!
The signing will take place Tuesday (5/24) at midnight at Midtown Comics Times Square. Even if you don’t win a ticket, you can still pick up the can’t-miss DC issue because the store will be open at midnight! Details at the link.
Midtown Comics – Times Square
200 W. 40th Street, New York, NY 10018
DC Entertainment announced a new identity and logo for its iconic DC brand. The new DC logo is a mark that leverages over 80 years of heritage with an eye toward the future.
“While comics continue to be the heart and soul of DC, the brand has evolved to now stand for powerful storytelling across so many different forms of media. DC is home to the greatest Super Heroes and Super-Villains, and the new logo has the character and strength to stand proudly alongside DC’s iconic symbols,” stated Amit Desai, DC Entertainment Senior Vice President of Marketing and Global Franchise Management.
“The launch of the new logo is the perfect tribute to DC’s legacy, exciting future and most importantly, our fans.”
The new logo will debut on the cover of the highly-anticipated DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH SPECIAL #1 comic book written by Geoff Johns releasing May 25 and available in comic book shops and digitally. REBIRTH represents the next chapter in the ongoing saga of the DC Universe, mixing traditional values and a modern aesthetic.
“I’m very proud that REBIRTH will be the first comic book published with the new DC logo.” stated Geoff Johns, DC Entertainment’s Chief Creative Officer. “To me, REBIRTH and the new DC logo are built on what’s come before while looking to what will come tomorrow. I can’t wait for people to see it on the cover.”
The new DC branding will be introduced immediately on various digital platforms, including DC websites, social media channels, DC All Access webseries, and DC All Access app and will continue to rollout worldwide across all DC content and products. One of the many benefits of the new logo design is its versatility to showcase DC’s iconic and timeless characters and stories across all media. Look for the new logo to come to life at key events in the coming months.
The new identity and logo were developed in partnership with Pentagram, the world’s largest independent design consultancy.
In an effort to find new and aspiring comic book talent, DC Entertainment has launched Talent Development Workshops for both writers and artists, led by bestselling and acclaimed comic talent including Jim Lee, Geoff Johns, Scott Snyder, Klaus Janson, and Andy Kubert. The series of workshops are designed to give access and a voice to new and prospective talent, providing an opportunity to showcase their work following intensive DC workshop sessions.
Online applications for DC’s Artists Workshop will be accepted April 1-30, 2016 while applications for the Writers Workshop will be accepted May 1-31, 2016. DC’s new Talent Development website offers extensive tips, advice and recommended reading to help potential applicants navigate the submission process. Both workshops will take place in fall 2016.
“Our goal is to identify and foster fresh, new voices,” stated DC Entertainment Co-Publisher and bestselling artist, Jim Lee. “The new DC Talent Development Workshops will play a vital role in discovering and developing the next generation of comic talent.”
“I’ve brought in a lot of new writers to DC, both from within and outside of comics, for Rebirth, working with them closely as we rebuild our universe,” stated DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer, Geoff Johns. “The creative growth of DC comes from new voices joining the mix, both writers and artists, and it’s been an absolute highlight to work with them.”
Bestselling Batman writer Scott Snyder added, “I’m so proud and honored to be heading up DC’s Writers Workshop. Teaching has always been a passion of mine, and getting to help welcome and coach new voices at a company that’s given me so many creative opportunities is a tremendous thrill.”
About the Artists Workshop
The 2016 Artists Workshop was developed by DC with world-renowned artists Jim Lee, Klaus Janson and Andy Kubert and follows a successful pilot program that took place in fall 2015. Visit DCComicsTalentWorkshop.com to view artwork completed by pilot program students.
Competitive candidates will have an established portfolio of sequential art and illustrations. For the artists selected via the online submission process, the Workshop will provide the knowledge and exposure required to cross the threshold into the competitive world of comic book publishing. Chosen artists will be asked to complete art assignments that will be critiqued by several top DC Artists. If the artists achieve the level of work required for the course they will then be invited to a two-week, intensive workshop at DCE’s Burbank offices.
About the Writers Workshop
The 2016 Writers Workshop was developed by DC with bestselling writer Scott Snyder and follows a successful three-month pilot program. For selected candidates, the first part of the 2016–2017 DC Comics Writers Workshop will run October 2016–January 2017 as an online real-time, weekly interactive seminar, for thirteen consecutive weeks. Each seminar will teach a new skill essential for surviving and excelling in this highly competitive field. Following the initial Workshop, a smaller hand-selected group of those participants will be invited to DCE offices in Burbank for an intensive writing experience, featuring guest speakers currently working in comic books, including a mix of editors, writers, artists and the Talent Development staff.
Upon completion of the Master Class program, DCE’s Talent Development group will ensure successful participants are considered for positions on current DC titles.
DC Entertainment (DCE) has an exciting line-up of WonderCon 2016 fan signings taking place in its show stopping booth (#1602) beginning Friday, March 25 to Sunday, March 27 at The Los Angeles Convention Center. Comic book fans attending the three-day show will have the chance to meet their favorite artists and authors for signings – including Jim Lee, Scott Snyder, John Romita, Jr. and more – at the DCE booth.
A full schedule of WonderCon 2016 talent signings is available below:
Friday, March 25, 2016*
12:30-1:30: Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti and Ming Doyle
1:30-2:30: Dan Jurgens, Bernard Chang and Marv Wolfman
2:30-3:30: Dan Abnett and Paul Dini
3:30-4:30: Jason Fabok
4:30-5:30: Tim Seeley, Tom King and Mitch Gerads
5:30-6:30: John Romita, Jr.**
Saturday, March 26, 2016*
10:30-11:30: Babs Tarr and Gilbert Hernandez
11:30-12:30: Robert Venditti and Philip Tan
12:30-1:30: JT Krul and Gene Luen Yang
1:30-2:30: Jason Fabok**, Geoff Johns** and Steve Orlando
2:30-3:30: Tony Daniel and Ming Doyle
3:30-4:30: Jim Lee** and Amy Chu
4:30-5:50: Tom King, Tim Seeley and Mitch Gerads
5:30-6:30: Scott Snyder**, Danny Miki, Collin Kelly, Jackson Lanzig and James Tynion IV
Sunday, March 27, 2016*
10:30-11:30: Amy Chu and Steve Orlando
11:30-12:30: John Romita, Jr.**
12:30-1:30: Dan Jurgens and Bernard Chang
1:30-2:30: Annie Wu
2:30-3:30: Scott Snyder** Danny Miki and James Tynion IV
3:30-4:30: Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti and Robert Venditti
During the three-day convention, DCE’s booth will serve as the go-to location for fans to mingle with some of the best comic writers and artists in the business with a robust schedule of talent signings, in addition to swag giveaways celebrating DC Comics and the upcoming feature film, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Plus, the booth will feature an impressive collection of items from DC Collectibles and Warner Bros. Consumer Products, and a towering, working Bat Signal made entirely of LEGO bricks in an homage to the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie from acclaimed exhibition, THE ART OF THE BRICK: DC COMICS.
* schedule is subject to change
** denotes a wristband is required
The All-Star Talent For The Line-Wide Relaunch – DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH – Will Be Revealed At An Unprecedented Saturday Morning Press Conference Open To All And Streamed Live! Plus there will be awesome fan activities, informative publishing panels, and special surprise announcements.
Marking WonderCon’s debut in its own backyard, DC Entertainment (DCE) will dominate the event with a stellar lineup of panels and fan activities beginning Friday, March 25 to Sunday, March 27 at The Los Angeles Convention Center.
DCE’s WonderCon 2016 programming will be highlighted by a must-attend event touting the upcoming colossal DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH line-wide comic book title relaunch. Open to media and fans and taking place Saturday, March 26 at 9 a.m. PDT in Petree Hall C in the West Hall, the press conference will be moderated by DC All Access co-host Tiffany Smith and include appearances by DCE Co-Publishers Jim Lee and Dan DiDio and DCE Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, who will reveal for the first time the lineup of writers and artists creating this incredible new universe of storytelling. This press conference will also be streamed live on DC Entertainment’s YouTube channel, and viewers can follow this interactive fan experience with #REBIRTH.
During the three-day convention, DCE’s expansive booth (#1602) will serve as the go-to location for fans to mingle with some of the best comic writers and artists in the business with a robust schedule of talent signings, in addition to swag giveaways celebrating DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH and the upcoming feature film, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Plus, the booth will feature an impressive collection of items from DC Collectibles and Warner Bros. Consumer Products, and a towering, working Bat Signal made entirely of LEGO bricks in an homage to the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie from acclaimed exhibition, THE ART OF THE BRICK: DC COMICS. Fans will also be tempted to shout, “Look! Up in the sky!” when they see the Superman LEGO sculpture soaring above the booth.
DCE will also delight fans with a robust schedule of fan-favorite panel programming spanning every day of the Con.
- Go behind the scenes of DCE at DC ENTERTAINMENT – ALL ACCESS. Offering an in-depth look at some of the most exciting stories ever told across DC Comics, Vertigo and MAD, join Vertigo Executive Editor Shelly Bond, Ming Doyle (CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER), Jason Fabok (JUSTICE LEAGUE), JT Krul (BLOODLINES), Mitch Gerads (SHERIFF OF BABYLON), Annie Wu (BLACK CANARY) plus get the latest from acclaimed contemporary artist Nathan Sawaya (THE ART OF THE BRICK: DC COMICS). New and veteran fans alike are welcome for a tutorial on the essential stories, videos and products that make up DCE in a 101 guide to the DC Universe! Friday 1:30 p.m., Room 403AB
- It’ll be a yabba dabba doo time during DC COMICS – HANNA BARBERA. DCE Co-Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee will join artists Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti to give fans an exclusive taste of what’s in store as their favorite cartoons get a new twist with SCOOBY APOCALYPSE, THE FLINTSTONES, FUTURE QUEST and WACKY RACELAND. Friday 2:30 p.m., Room: 403AB
- From action figures to statues, busts to PVC figures, the DC Collectibles panel is the place to be for a behind-the-scenes look at some of the most spectacular products. Plus, hear from the team about how they come up with so many must-own products, and get an early look at what’s about to hit shelves. Saturday 1 p.m., Room: 151
- Artists and fans have the chance to learn from the best during ART MASTERS: DRAWING DC. Featuring a collection of talented DCE artists including Ming Doyle (CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER), Bernard Chang (BATMAN BEYOND), Amanda Conner (HARLEY QUINN, STARFIRE) and John Romita, Jr (SUPERMAN) take a unique look into their visual approach in shaping some of the best comics in the industry. Saturday 4 p.m., Room: 151
- Sit down with Jim Lee and Dan DiDio during their traditional SUNDAY CONVERSATION WITH THE CO-PUBLISHERS panel to get an up-close look at the driving forces behind DC Comics, Vertigo, MAD, and much more. Sunday 12 p.m., Room: 151
- The Graphitti Designs booth (South Hall, Booth #1403) will also feature WonderCon exclusive variant editions of THE DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE with cover art from Howard Porter, Jill Thompson, and Paul Pope. Plus #50 issues of SUPERMAN, BATMAN and WONDER WOMAN will also be available with exclusive variant covers featuring Henry Cavill (Superman), Ben Affleck (Batman) and Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) from the upcoming Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. And make sure to stop by the booth Saturday when a new mystery variant cover is revealed!
For all of your WonderCon event coverage, special announcements and exclusives for attendees, download the new DC All Access app, available at the iTunes App Store and Google Play.
DC Entertainment Takes Center Stage at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2015
Something for Everyone: Top Industry Talent Showcases DC Comics’ Newly-Expanded Line
Vertigo and MAD Magazine to Make Big News at the Con
Special edition, exclusive variant comic books available only to fans at SDCC!
DC Entertainment (DCE), one of the world’s largest English language comic book publishers, will roll out the red carpet for its fans at Comic-Con International: San Diego. An impressive 19 panels will put the spotlight squarely on DC Comics’ broad range of titles and tonalities, Vertigo’s creator-driven, genre storytelling, and MAD’s comedic take on all things pop culture. Additionally, fans attending the show can purchase DCE’s highly-collectible, exclusive variant comic books.
Fans will get to hear directly from the best comic talent in the industry at a slate of panels over the four-day pop culture celebration. DCE panels include:
- From iconic characters to emerging heroes, the expansive DC Universe allows for a wide range of tonalities and a rich universe of stories, enabling readers of all ages and interests to find their favorite series. Meet the top talent behind some of the most celebrated series including SUPERMAN’s new, award-winning writer Gene Luen Yang, BATGIRL artist Babs Tarr and writers Cameron Stewart and Brenden Fletcher, and BIZARRO writer Heath Corson, among others. Plus, get an advanced look at the highly-anticipated series CYBORG with writer David Walker ahead of its debut in July. Get ready for the New DC Universe with these panels: “Mysteries in Space” on Thursday, “Superman,” “Justice for All,” and “The Bad Guys” all on Friday, and on Saturday “The Lighter Side,” “Batman” featuring all-star creative team Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo, and “The Upstarts” featuring the most cutting-edge writers and artists in the industry.
- Following the release of bestselling and Eisner-nominated mini-series THE MULTIVERSITY, writer Grant Morrison will explain how he redefined the DC Universe, giving fans a look back (and forward) to where the far-reaching effects of The Multiversity will be felt most. Don’t miss “DC Entertainment – Grant Morrison: The Multiversity.” DC Entertainment – Grant Morrison: The Multiversity and Beyond – Saturday
- Join superstar JUSTICE LEAGUE writer Geoff Johns for an all-access and in-depth discussion. From Earth One to Darkseid War to all things in between, be here for this exclusive panel that will give you insight into one of the genre’s most influential contributors. DC Entertainment – One-on-One with Geoff Johns – Friday
- Dive into DC Entertainment – Page to Screen, a can’t miss panel celebrating DCE’s film, TV, game, and animation slates. Join talent behind the inner-workings, including moderator and TV GUIDE reporter Damian Holbrook, DCE Chief Creative Office Geoff Johns, Marc Guggenheim (Arrow, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow), Andrew Kreisberg (Arrow, The Flash) Heath Corson (Justice League: Throne Of Atlantis), and more! DC Entertainment – Page to Screen – Friday
- Find out where some of your favorite Vertigo titles are heading, and also be the first to hear about the new series on deck for the fall from comics’ most innovative imprint. Vertigo: What’s the Story – Thursday
- See what “The Usual Gang Of Idiots” at MAD Magazine are up to at the side-splitting, must-attend annual panel helmed by SVP and Executive Editor John Ficarra and a hilarious cast of characters. Mad about MAD – Thursday
- Check out the latest action figures, statues, props and more from the creative minds of DC Collectibles and get an exclusive sneak peek at upcoming releases. DC Collectibles –Thursday
Make sure to stop by DCE’s 4,500 square foot booth (#1915) – the hub for DCE talent signings, hands-on video gameplay, and artist demos, where attendees will have a chance to mingle with some of the best writers and artists in the business. Fans will also get a chance to take photos with their favorite characters with the DCE green screen.
Also checkout highly collectible, exclusive variant comic books available for SDCC attendees only through the Graphitti Designs booth #2314. Certain variants will only be available on specific days while others will be available throughout the convention. Variants include BLACK CANARY #1 (available Thursday, 7/9), BATMAN BEYOND #1 (available Friday, 7/10), MIDNIGHTER #1 (available Saturday, 7/11), BIZARRO #1 (available Sunday, 7/12), and variants available on all days include ROBIN: SON OF BATMAN #1, HARLEY QUINN #17, SUPERMAN #41, BATMAN #41, and JUSTICE LEAGUE #41. A special, rare, oversized gate-fold cover variant of JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #1 will only be available Saturday, 7/11.
Visit DCComics.com for a complete list of panels, and behind-the-scenes coverage and in-depth interviews directly from DCE’s popular web series, DC ALL ACCESS. Download the DC Entertainment Events App on Apple’s App Store or the Google Play Store to stay up to speed on all DC Entertainment signings, panels and stage events at San Diego Comic-Con.
Writer Geoff Johns (Justice League, Aquaman, The Flash) appears at Barnes & Noble to sign Batman: Earth One Vol. 2 on Wednesday May 13, 2015 at 7:00 PM!
Barnes & Noble – The Grove at Farmers Market
189 The Grove Drive Suite K 30 Los Angeles, CA 90036
Writer Geoff Johns (Green Lantern, Superman: Unchained) appears at Barnes & Noble to sign Forever Evil on Tuesday September 9, 2014 at 7:00 PM!
Barnes & Noble – The Grove at Farmers Market
189 The Grove Drive Suite K 30, Los Angeles, CA 90036
DC Entertainment to Present Ultimate Collection of Panels and Signing Events from Comic Industry’s Biggest Stars at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2014
Superstar Creative Team Geoff Johns and John Romita, Jr. Harness Their Talents For SUPERMAN
Grant Morrison To Unleash Brilliant, Highly Anticipated THE MULTIVERSITY Limited Series
Spotlight Shines On New Husband/Wife WONDER WOMAN Creative Team David and Meredith Finch
Comic book fans will cheer for DC Entertainment’s (DCE) list of all-star comic talent and must-attend panels scheduled for Comic-Con International: San Diego 2014. The largest English-language publisher and the leader in digital comics innovation, DCE’s impressive slate of events, announcements and giveaways is sure to thrill fans.
In addition to the milestone 75th anniversary of Batman, DCE will present an all-star line-up of industry icons who will reveal details on highly-anticipated new projects. The 4,500 square foot booth (#1915) will serve as the hub for both signings and artist demos, and will be the go-to place for fans to interact with some of the best writers and artists in the business. For fans who can’t make the Con DCComics.com is the go-to place for behind the scenes coverage and in-depth interviews.
DCE has created a schedule filled with top panels giving fans an array of guest appearances, announcements, and exclusives.
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow – DCE Chief Creative Officer and groundbreaking comic writer Geoff Johns and acclaimed artist John Romita, Jr. will combine their luminary talents to present an all new era for SUPERMAN. Joined by Aaron Kuder (ACTION COMICS), Charles Soule (SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN) Ken Lashley (SUPERMAN DOOMED) and others, this exciting panel will explore what’s in store for the Man of Steel. Plus, don’t miss Johns, Romita Jr. and SUPERMAN inker Klaus Janson’s signing on Thursday from 6-7pm at the DCE booth (wristbands to be handed out Thursday morning in DCE booth). PanelSaturday 11:15am Room 6DE
- The Multiversity Enrollment – After months of anticipation, creative genius Grant Morrison will unveil his brilliantly intricate limited series THE MULTIVERSITY. Bringing together characters from 52 alternate Earths of the DC Multiverse, fans will finally get their chance to preview the groundbreaking series from one of the biggest names in the industry. Morrison will signing in the DCE booth on Thursday from 2-3pm (wristbands to be handed out Thursday morning in DCE booth). Panel Friday 3pm Room 6DE
- Champions Of Justice – The fate of DC Comics’ most famous heroine, WONDER WOMAN, will now rest with the real-life husband and wife creative team of writer Meredith Finch and artist David Finch. Take a look at their plans for the thrilling, action-packed series in this special, star–studded panel. An absolute highlight for comic fans, the event also features Geoff Johns (SUPERMAN) Jeff Lemire (FUTURES END), Charles Soule, Robert Venditti (THE FLASH, GREEN LANTERN), and Van Jensen (GREEN LANTERN CORPS). PanelFriday 11:15am Room 6DE
- Vertigo: Defy Conventions – Dive into the genre-defying titles from Vertigo with Mark Buckingham on the final storyline of the long-running, fan-favorite series FABLES, the next installment in Neil Gaiman’s celebrated THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE, Scott Snyder’s plans for the hugely popular AMERICAN VAMPIRE series, Tula Lotay on the newly announced, mind-bending mystery BODIES, and Lee Bermejo on his upcoming series SUICIDERS. Panel Thursday 6pm Room 5AB
- DC Digital: Download This! – An industry leader in digital comics, join some of the stars of DC Digital’s hottest series including director Kevin Smith and KROQ radio personality Ralph Garman on their new BATMAN ’66 MEETS THE GREEN HORNET series, Marc Guggenheim on his smash hit ARROW: SEASON 2.5 series based on the fan-favorite TV show, Kyle Higgins on BATMAN BEYOND 2.0, Cat Staggs on the exciting SENSATION COMICS FEATURING WONDER WOMAN anthology, info on what’s to come within INFINITE CRISIS, INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US YEAR 2, and more! Panel Thursday 2pm Room 6DE
- DC Comics – No Boundaries! – Brought to you by the superstar team of Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti, HARLEY QUINN is set to be the belle of the Con with their special one-shot HARLEY QUINN INVADES SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON. Plus, dive into the exciting adventures of NEW SUICIDE SQUAD with Sean Ryan, learn more about mysterious GRAYSON with Tim Seeley and Tom King, and find out what’s in store for TEEN TITANS.Panel Friday 4:15pm Room 6DE
- Mad About MAD – Meet the Usual Gang Of Idiots as MAD Magazine presents their latest spoofs that are sure to keep the crowds laughing! Panel Thursday 5:30pm Room 4
- Major signings – throughout the Con, DC Entertainment’s booth will host dozens of signings with key talent, including:
- Jim Lee (Thursday 10-11am, Friday 11-12pm, Saturday 6-7pm, Sunday 1-2pm – wristbands handed out each morning in the booth).
- Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo (Thursday 12:30-1:30pm, Friday 12:30-1:30pm, Saturday 11-12pm – wristbands handed out each morning in the booth).
- And many more! Visit DCComics.com or download the DCE events app for a full panel schedule.
- Fans will be able to pick up a wide variety of items exclusively available at this year’s Comic-Con – including variant cover editions of some of DC Comics’ most popular series. The Graphitti Designs booth (#2314) will feature variant editions of BATMAN #32, GRAYSON #1, SUPERMAN #32, and two versions of HARLEY QUINN INVADES COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL #1, as well as a JOKER: DEATH OF THE FAMILY mask and a Harley Quinn cross-body purse. DCE will also offer exclusive variants for the first time ever at Diamond retailers with a SCOOBY-DOO, WHERE ARE YOU? #47 comic and DC Collectibles’ BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY Harley Quinn statue.
Download the DC Entertainment Events App on Apple’s App Store or the Google Play Store to stay up to speed on all DC Entertainment signings, panels and stage events at San Diego Comic-Con.
Warner Bros. to Showcase The Hobbit, Mad Max, Jupiter Ascending, Into the Storm, and More at SDCC 2014
Warner Bros. Entertainment to Deliver Unparalleled Showcase of Upcoming Content to Comic-Con Crowd
Warner Bros.’ divisions—Pictures, Television, Interactive, Home Entertainment and DC Entertainment—prepare to dazzle fans of all ages, each with its own variety of panels and presentations, including “The Hobbit” Trilogy, “Gotham,” “Batman: Arkham Knight,” “Batman: The Complete Television Series,” and much more
BURBANK, Calif.–Warner Bros. Entertainment will plant its flag at Comic-Con International: San Diego this year with a huge presence, with each individual division touting its upcoming offerings, including Film, Television, Interactive and Home Entertainment, as well as a variety of product from DC Entertainment, whose celebrations in honor of 75 years of one of the world’s most beloved Super Heroes—Batman—will be in full swing.
On Saturday, July 26th, beginning at 10 a.m., Warner Bros. Pictures brings three of its most hotly anticipated films to this year’s Con: Peter Jackson will be on the main stage with “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies,” from New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures, and George Miller will be on hand to present a first look at “Mad Max: Fury Road,” from Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures. The Hall H audience will also get a peek at the Wachowskis’ original sci-fi actioner “Jupiter Ascending,” also from Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures. Attending stars will be revealed at a later date.
In addition to the Studio’s Hall H presentation, Warner Bros. will also host a pre-Con fan screening of New Line Cinema and Village Roadshow Pictures’ upcoming “cli-fi” thriller “Into the Storm,” directed by Steven Quale. The screening will take place on Wednesday, July 23rd, at 10 p.m. at the Gas Lamp Theatre.
Warner Bros. Television Group returns to Comic-Con with 15 series in 2014, holding panels throughout the four days of the Con for fan-favorite series including “The Big Bang Theory,” “The Following,” “Supernatural,” “The Vampire Diaries” and “Teen Titans Go!,” among many others, as well as once again kicking off the Con with screenings of new series “The Flash,” “Constantine” and more on Wednesday’s Preview Night.
On Saturday night, July 26th, it’s all DC Entertainment all night in Hall H when Warner Bros. Television treats attendees to a three-hour special event designed specifically for DC Comics fans and featuring some of DC Comics’ greatest characters. The event will run from 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. and will feature the world premiere public screening of the highly anticipated new drama series “Gotham” (the only screening of “Gotham” at this year’s Comic-Con), followed by a screening of the complete pilot of “The Flash,” and exclusive video presentations from returning hit “Arrow” and new thriller “Constantine.” Cast members and producers from all four shows will make special appearances throughout the three-hour event. For complete information on Warner Bros. Television’s plans for Comic-Con and for real-time updates during the convention, please follow us on Twitter at @warnerbrostv—official hashtag #WBSDCC—and visit http://comiccon.thewb.com.
In concert with all the WB divisions, DC Entertainment continues to fête Batman’s 75th year, making the icon the centerpiece of their offerings, including all-star panel appearances by Batman talent as well as a rare display of some of the canon’s most famous film costumes in history—those worn by Christian Bale, George Clooney, Val Kilmer and Michael Keaton—on display in the DC Entertainment booth. The character will also appear on the cover of the Con’s official souvenir book, and on a Con-exclusive T-shirt designed by DC Entertainment Co-Publisher and legendary artist, Jim Lee.
Lee will also participate in the Batman 75: Legends of the Dark Knight panel discussion with veteran Batman creatives Frank Miller, Grant Morrison, Denny O’Neil, Neal Adams, current series writer Scott Snyder and artist Greg Capullo, and DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns. The panel will take place at 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 24th.
Johns and artist John Romita, Jr., the new creative team behind Superman, will explore their upcoming plans for the Super Hero, as will the husband-and-wife creative team behind comics’ most beloved heroine, Wonder Woman, writer Meredith Finch and artist David Finch.
In addition to their numerous other activities, including 20 panels over the course of the Con, the company will also reveal plans for numerous upcoming titles for DC Comics, Vertigo and MAD Magazine imprints, as well as unveiling new action figures from DC Collectibles, including those commemorating The CW and WBTV’s “Arrow” and “The Flash,” as well as a stellar new line based on the upcoming videogame “Batman: Arkham Knight,” from WBIE.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, in celebration of the upcoming release of Rocksteady Studios’ “Batman: Arkham Knight,” will host the Cape/Cowl/Create art exhibit, open to the public daily from July 25th through the 27th, 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Hard Rock San Diego Hotel’s Legends Room. This free public exhibition will feature true-to-scale replicas of the game’s cape and cowl used as a blank canvas by top contemporary artists to produce their own original interpretations.
On Friday, July 25th, at 12:30 p.m., WBIE and Monolith Productions will host a panel for the anticipated game “Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor,” discussing how the game’s innovation evolves storytelling while exploring the history of the Rings of Power. Panelists will include Monolith’s Michael de Plater and Phil Straub, as well as the game’s lead writer, Christian Cantamessa, and voice actor Troy Baker, moderated by Professor Janet Croft.
And Sunday, July 27th, at 1:00 p.m., WBIE will also host a panel for “LEGO™ Batman 3: Beyond Gotham,” developed by TT Games, with an exclusive gameplay demonstration, character reveals, special announcements and a lively panel discussion with several members of the voice cast featured in the game. Also, throughout the Con, the game will be available for the first time for hands-on play by consumers.
Blanketing the Con from start to finish with entertainment and activities for fans, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment celebrates its coming release of Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ summer blockbuster “Godzilla” with a four-day interactive display on the lawn behind Hall H. From Wednesday through Sunday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day, view the 24-foot tall sculpture of the king of the monsters, along with fan art and a graffiti wall where visitors can memorialize their favorite Godzilla moments. Giveaways and photo opportunities will also be available.
From 6:00 to 7 p.m. on Thursday, July 24th, WBHE hosts Batman ’66, reuniting pop icons Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar on the Hall H stage for “Batman: The Complete Television Series.” Moderated by Ralph Garman, the actors behind Batman, Robin and Catwoman will give the audience an inside look at the exclusive content contained in the Home Entertainment release due out later this year, as well as present dazzling high-definition re-mastered footage from the landmark series.
On Friday, July 25th, from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m., it’s the world premiere of “Batman: Assault on Arkham,” the next entry in the ongoing series of DC Universe Original Movies, due out on Digital HD on July 29th and as a Blu-rayTM Combo Pack on August 12th. Produced by WBHE, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, the full-length animated film is based on the best-selling “Batman: Arkham” videogame series. Lucky attendees at the Ballroom 20 event will also be treated to a panel discussion featuring Kevin Conroy of “Batman: The Animated Series,” Matthew Gray Gubler, Troy Baker and John DiMaggio, and the filmmaking team of producer James Tucker, director Jay Oliva, dialogue director Andrea Romano, screenwriter Heath Corson, and moderator Victor Lucas. There will also be special announcements, exclusive prizes and a few potential surprises.
The final day of the Con, Sunday, July 27th—Kids’ Day—will see WBHE’s world premiere of the family animated film “Scooby-Doo! Frankencreepy” at 10:00 a.m. in Room 6BCF. The story follows everyone’s favorite Great Dane and the Mystery Inc. gang on a trip to a cursed castle inhabited by a terrifying ghost. Attendees can stay for a panel discussion among several of the voice actors, including Mindy Cohn and Grey Griffin, director/producer Paul McEvoy and screenwriter Jim Krieg. The feature will be available August 5th on Digital HD, and on Blu-rayTM Combo Pack and DVD on August 19th.
On the same day in Room 6A, at 2:15 p.m., animation fans can also watch the world premiere of the beloved cat-and-mouse duo Tom and Jerry in “Tom and Jerry: The Lost Dragon,” an hour-long feature filled with song, sorcery and slapstick. Filmmakers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone will be on hand to present the film, which will be released on Digital HD on August 19th, and on DVD on September 2nd.
And fans of the extensive WBHE library will be able to enjoy panels discussing some of their newest and greatest classic offerings: on Saturday the 26th at 1:00 p.m., Warner Archive Collection presents Trailers From Hell Live! A match made in classic movie heaven, the gurus of TFH, paired with the fan-centric trio of WAC podcasters, make a detailed, often humorous dissection of trailers from some of the great films in the fanboy spectrum. From sci-fi and horror to action and noir, it’s an education on current and upcoming releases in the WAC catalog and Warner Archive Instant, from a panel that includes Josh Olson and WAC Podcast hosts George Feltenstein, Matthew Patterson and DW Ferranti. In Room 25ABC.
At 12:00 p.m. on Sunday, WAC presents A Batman for all Seasons. Join respected producer/author Michael Uslan, producer James Tucker, producer/director Brandon Vietti, WAC Podcast hosts Patterson and Ferranti and surprise guests, as they examine Batman iterations and oddities throughout history, from early films like “Public Defender” and the Batman cartoons, to new versions of the character, the off-kilter takes and new media. Attendees who stick around to the end will be privy to a special WAC announcement that will excite fans both “Young” and old. Room 7AB.
About “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies”
“The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies” is the epic, action-packed third and final film in Oscar-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson’s epic “The Hobbit” Trilogy. The film stars Ian McKellen, Martin Freeman, Richard Armitage, Evangeline Lilly, Lee Pace, Luke Evans, Benedict Cumberbatch, Ken Stott, and James Nesbitt, with Cate Blanchett, Ian Holm, Christopher Lee, Hugo Weaving and Orlando Bloom. Jackson directed from a screenplay by Fran Walsh & Philippa Boyens & Peter Jackson & Guillermo del Toro, based on the novel by J.R.R. Tolkien. The film is produced by Carolynne Cunningham, Zane Weiner, Fran Walsh and Peter Jackson, with Alan Horn, Toby Emmerich, Ken Kamins and Carolyn Blackwood serving as executive producers. New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures present, a Wingnut Films production, “The Hobbit: The Battle of The Five Armies,” opening in theatres nationwide on December 17, 2014.
About “Mad Max: Fury Road”
Oscar-winning filmmaker George Miller’s “Mad Max: Fury Road” revisits his own post-apocalyptic trilogy featuring the anti-hero known as Mad Max. Tom Hardy stars in the role of Max Rockatansky, alongside Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult, Zoe Kravitz, Riley Keough, Hugh Keays-Byrne and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. Miller directed from a screenplay he wrote with Brendan McCarthy and Nico Lathouris. Miller also produces, along with Doug Mitchell and P.J. Voeten. Iain Smith, Graham Burke and Bruce Berman serve as executive producers. “Mad Max: Fury Road” is a Kennedy Miller Mitchell production. The film will be presented by Warner Bros. Pictures, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures. Scheduled for release on May 15, 2015, it will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, and in select territories by Village Roadshow Pictures.
About “Jupiter Ascending”
“Jupiter Ascending” is written and directed by the Wachowskis and produced by Grant Hill, Lana Wachowski and Andy Wachowski. Roberto Malerba and Bruce Berman served as executive producers. The film stars Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis, with Sean Bean, Eddie Redmayne, Douglas Booth, Tuppence Middleton, Doona Bae, James D’Arcy and Tim Pigott-Smith. Set for release February 6, 2015, “Jupiter Ascending” is a Warner Bros. Pictures presentation, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, in association with Anarchos Productions. It will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, and in select territories by Village Roadshow Pictures.
About “Into the Storm”
“Into the Storm” was directed by Steven Quale, from a screenplay from John Swetnam, and stars Richard Armitage, Sarah Wayne Callies, Matt Walsh, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Arlen Escarpeta, Max Deacon, Nathan Kress and Jeremy Sumpter. Todd Garner produced the film, with Richard Brener, Walter Hamada, Dave Neustadter, Mark McNair, Jeremy Stein and Bruce Berman serving as executive producers. New Line Cinema presents, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, a Broken Road production, “Into the Storm.” The film will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, and in select territories by Village Roadshow Pictures.
Airing Mondays at 8/7c this fall on FOX, “Gotham” stars Ben McKenzie, Donal Logue, Sean Pertwee, Robin Lord Taylor, Erin Richards, David Mazouz, Camren Bicondova, Zabryna Guevara, Cory Michael Smith, Victoria Cartagena, Andrew Stewart-Jones and Jada Pinkett Smith. Bruno Heller wrote the “Gotham” pilot, which was directed by Danny Cannon. Heller, Cannon and John Stephens are executive producers of the series, which is based on the characters from DC Comics and is a production of Warner Bros. Television.
About “The Flash”
Premiering October 7th and airing Tuesdays at 8/7c on The CW, “The Flash” stars Grant Gustin, Candice Patton, Rick Cosnett, Danielle Panabaker, Carlos Valdes, with Tom Cavanagh and Jesse L. Martin. John Wesley Shipp guest stars. Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and DC Entertainment’s Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns wrote “The Flash” pilot, which was directed by David Nutter. Berlanti, Kreisberg, Nutter and Sarah Schechter are executive producers of “The Flash,” which is based upon the characters from DC Comics and is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc., in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television.
Returning for its third season October 8th, “Arrow” airs Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW. Starring Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Willa Holland, Emily Bett Rickards, Colton Haynes, with John Barrowman and Paul Blackthorne, “Arrow” was developed and is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg. Based upon the characters from DC Comics, “Arrow” is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc., in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television.
Premiering October 24th, “Constantine” will air Fridays at 10/9c on NBC and stars Matt Ryan, Charles Halford and Harold Perrineau. Based on the characters from DC Comics and produced by Bonanza Productions Inc., in association with Warner Bros. Television, “Constantine” is executive produced by Daniel Cerone and David S. Goyer. Neil Marshall directed the pilot from a teleplay by Cerone and story by Cerone & Goyer.
Gareth Edwards directed “Godzilla,” which stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Oscar nominee Ken Watanabe, Elizabeth Olsen, Oscar winner Juliette Binoche, and Sally Hawkins, with Oscar nominee David Strathairn and Bryan Cranston. The screenplay is by Max Borenstein, story by David Callaham, based on the character “Godzilla” owned and created by TOHO CO., LTD. Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni produced with Mary Parent and Brian Rogers. Patricia Whitcher and Alex Garcia served as executive producers, alongside Yoshimitsu Banno and Kenji Okuhira. Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures present a Legendary Pictures production, a Gareth Edwards film, “Godzilla.” The film was distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, except in Japan, where it will be distributed by Toho Co., Ltd. Legendary Pictures is a division of Legendary Entertainment.