Writer Geoff Johns (Green Lantern, Superman: Unchained) appears at Barnes & Noble to sign Forever Evil on Tuesday September 9, 2014 at 7:00 PM!
Barnes & Noble – The Grove at Farmers Market
189 The Grove Drive Suite K 30, Los Angeles, CA 90036
DC Entertainment to Present Ultimate Collection of Panels and Signing Events from Comic Industry’s Biggest Stars at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2014
Superstar Creative Team Geoff Johns and John Romita, Jr. Harness Their Talents For SUPERMAN
Grant Morrison To Unleash Brilliant, Highly Anticipated THE MULTIVERSITY Limited Series
Spotlight Shines On New Husband/Wife WONDER WOMAN Creative Team David and Meredith Finch
Comic book fans will cheer for DC Entertainment’s (DCE) list of all-star comic talent and must-attend panels scheduled for Comic-Con International: San Diego 2014. The largest English-language publisher and the leader in digital comics innovation, DCE’s impressive slate of events, announcements and giveaways is sure to thrill fans.
In addition to the milestone 75th anniversary of Batman, DCE will present an all-star line-up of industry icons who will reveal details on highly-anticipated new projects. The 4,500 square foot booth (#1915) will serve as the hub for both signings and artist demos, and will be the go-to place for fans to interact with some of the best writers and artists in the business. For fans who can’t make the Con DCComics.com is the go-to place for behind the scenes coverage and in-depth interviews.
DCE has created a schedule filled with top panels giving fans an array of guest appearances, announcements, and exclusives.
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow – DCE Chief Creative Officer and groundbreaking comic writer Geoff Johns and acclaimed artist John Romita, Jr. will combine their luminary talents to present an all new era for SUPERMAN. Joined by Aaron Kuder (ACTION COMICS), Charles Soule (SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN) Ken Lashley (SUPERMAN DOOMED) and others, this exciting panel will explore what’s in store for the Man of Steel. Plus, don’t miss Johns, Romita Jr. and SUPERMAN inker Klaus Janson’s signing on Thursday from 6-7pm at the DCE booth (wristbands to be handed out Thursday morning in DCE booth). PanelSaturday 11:15am Room 6DE
- The Multiversity Enrollment – After months of anticipation, creative genius Grant Morrison will unveil his brilliantly intricate limited series THE MULTIVERSITY. Bringing together characters from 52 alternate Earths of the DC Multiverse, fans will finally get their chance to preview the groundbreaking series from one of the biggest names in the industry. Morrison will signing in the DCE booth on Thursday from 2-3pm (wristbands to be handed out Thursday morning in DCE booth). Panel Friday 3pm Room 6DE
- Champions Of Justice – The fate of DC Comics’ most famous heroine, WONDER WOMAN, will now rest with the real-life husband and wife creative team of writer Meredith Finch and artist David Finch. Take a look at their plans for the thrilling, action-packed series in this special, star–studded panel. An absolute highlight for comic fans, the event also features Geoff Johns (SUPERMAN) Jeff Lemire (FUTURES END), Charles Soule, Robert Venditti (THE FLASH, GREEN LANTERN), and Van Jensen (GREEN LANTERN CORPS). PanelFriday 11:15am Room 6DE
- Vertigo: Defy Conventions – Dive into the genre-defying titles from Vertigo with Mark Buckingham on the final storyline of the long-running, fan-favorite series FABLES, the next installment in Neil Gaiman’s celebrated THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE, Scott Snyder’s plans for the hugely popular AMERICAN VAMPIRE series, Tula Lotay on the newly announced, mind-bending mystery BODIES, and Lee Bermejo on his upcoming series SUICIDERS. Panel Thursday 6pm Room 5AB
- DC Digital: Download This! – An industry leader in digital comics, join some of the stars of DC Digital’s hottest series including director Kevin Smith and KROQ radio personality Ralph Garman on their new BATMAN ’66 MEETS THE GREEN HORNET series, Marc Guggenheim on his smash hit ARROW: SEASON 2.5 series based on the fan-favorite TV show, Kyle Higgins on BATMAN BEYOND 2.0, Cat Staggs on the exciting SENSATION COMICS FEATURING WONDER WOMAN anthology, info on what’s to come within INFINITE CRISIS, INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US YEAR 2, and more! Panel Thursday 2pm Room 6DE
- DC Comics – No Boundaries! – Brought to you by the superstar team of Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti, HARLEY QUINN is set to be the belle of the Con with their special one-shot HARLEY QUINN INVADES SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON. Plus, dive into the exciting adventures of NEW SUICIDE SQUAD with Sean Ryan, learn more about mysterious GRAYSON with Tim Seeley and Tom King, and find out what’s in store for TEEN TITANS.Panel Friday 4:15pm Room 6DE
- Mad About MAD – Meet the Usual Gang Of Idiots as MAD Magazine presents their latest spoofs that are sure to keep the crowds laughing! Panel Thursday 5:30pm Room 4
- Major signings – throughout the Con, DC Entertainment’s booth will host dozens of signings with key talent, including:
- Jim Lee (Thursday 10-11am, Friday 11-12pm, Saturday 6-7pm, Sunday 1-2pm – wristbands handed out each morning in the booth).
- Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo (Thursday 12:30-1:30pm, Friday 12:30-1:30pm, Saturday 11-12pm – wristbands handed out each morning in the booth).
- And many more! Visit DCComics.com or download the DCE events app for a full panel schedule.
- Fans will be able to pick up a wide variety of items exclusively available at this year’s Comic-Con – including variant cover editions of some of DC Comics’ most popular series. The Graphitti Designs booth (#2314) will feature variant editions of BATMAN #32, GRAYSON #1, SUPERMAN #32, and two versions of HARLEY QUINN INVADES COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL #1, as well as a JOKER: DEATH OF THE FAMILY mask and a Harley Quinn cross-body purse. DCE will also offer exclusive variants for the first time ever at Diamond retailers with a SCOOBY-DOO, WHERE ARE YOU? #47 comic and DC Collectibles’ BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY Harley Quinn statue.
Download the DC Entertainment Events App on Apple’s App Store or the Google Play Store to stay up to speed on all DC Entertainment signings, panels and stage events at San Diego Comic-Con.
Warner Bros. to Showcase The Hobbit, Mad Max, Jupiter Ascending, Into the Storm, and More at SDCC 2014
Warner Bros. Entertainment to Deliver Unparalleled Showcase of Upcoming Content to Comic-Con Crowd
Warner Bros.’ divisions—Pictures, Television, Interactive, Home Entertainment and DC Entertainment—prepare to dazzle fans of all ages, each with its own variety of panels and presentations, including “The Hobbit” Trilogy, “Gotham,” “Batman: Arkham Knight,” “Batman: The Complete Television Series,” and much more
BURBANK, Calif.–Warner Bros. Entertainment will plant its flag at Comic-Con International: San Diego this year with a huge presence, with each individual division touting its upcoming offerings, including Film, Television, Interactive and Home Entertainment, as well as a variety of product from DC Entertainment, whose celebrations in honor of 75 years of one of the world’s most beloved Super Heroes—Batman—will be in full swing.
On Saturday, July 26th, beginning at 10 a.m., Warner Bros. Pictures brings three of its most hotly anticipated films to this year’s Con: Peter Jackson will be on the main stage with “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies,” from New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures, and George Miller will be on hand to present a first look at “Mad Max: Fury Road,” from Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures. The Hall H audience will also get a peek at the Wachowskis’ original sci-fi actioner “Jupiter Ascending,” also from Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures. Attending stars will be revealed at a later date.
In addition to the Studio’s Hall H presentation, Warner Bros. will also host a pre-Con fan screening of New Line Cinema and Village Roadshow Pictures’ upcoming “cli-fi” thriller “Into the Storm,” directed by Steven Quale. The screening will take place on Wednesday, July 23rd, at 10 p.m. at the Gas Lamp Theatre.
Warner Bros. Television Group returns to Comic-Con with 15 series in 2014, holding panels throughout the four days of the Con for fan-favorite series including “The Big Bang Theory,” “The Following,” “Supernatural,” “The Vampire Diaries” and “Teen Titans Go!,” among many others, as well as once again kicking off the Con with screenings of new series “The Flash,” “Constantine” and more on Wednesday’s Preview Night.
On Saturday night, July 26th, it’s all DC Entertainment all night in Hall H when Warner Bros. Television treats attendees to a three-hour special event designed specifically for DC Comics fans and featuring some of DC Comics’ greatest characters. The event will run from 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. and will feature the world premiere public screening of the highly anticipated new drama series “Gotham” (the only screening of “Gotham” at this year’s Comic-Con), followed by a screening of the complete pilot of “The Flash,” and exclusive video presentations from returning hit “Arrow” and new thriller “Constantine.” Cast members and producers from all four shows will make special appearances throughout the three-hour event. For complete information on Warner Bros. Television’s plans for Comic-Con and for real-time updates during the convention, please follow us on Twitter at @warnerbrostv—official hashtag #WBSDCC—and visit http://comiccon.thewb.com.
In concert with all the WB divisions, DC Entertainment continues to fête Batman’s 75th year, making the icon the centerpiece of their offerings, including all-star panel appearances by Batman talent as well as a rare display of some of the canon’s most famous film costumes in history—those worn by Christian Bale, George Clooney, Val Kilmer and Michael Keaton—on display in the DC Entertainment booth. The character will also appear on the cover of the Con’s official souvenir book, and on a Con-exclusive T-shirt designed by DC Entertainment Co-Publisher and legendary artist, Jim Lee.
Lee will also participate in the Batman 75: Legends of the Dark Knight panel discussion with veteran Batman creatives Frank Miller, Grant Morrison, Denny O’Neil, Neal Adams, current series writer Scott Snyder and artist Greg Capullo, and DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns. The panel will take place at 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 24th.
Johns and artist John Romita, Jr., the new creative team behind Superman, will explore their upcoming plans for the Super Hero, as will the husband-and-wife creative team behind comics’ most beloved heroine, Wonder Woman, writer Meredith Finch and artist David Finch.
In addition to their numerous other activities, including 20 panels over the course of the Con, the company will also reveal plans for numerous upcoming titles for DC Comics, Vertigo and MAD Magazine imprints, as well as unveiling new action figures from DC Collectibles, including those commemorating The CW and WBTV’s “Arrow” and “The Flash,” as well as a stellar new line based on the upcoming videogame “Batman: Arkham Knight,” from WBIE.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, in celebration of the upcoming release of Rocksteady Studios’ “Batman: Arkham Knight,” will host the Cape/Cowl/Create art exhibit, open to the public daily from July 25th through the 27th, 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Hard Rock San Diego Hotel’s Legends Room. This free public exhibition will feature true-to-scale replicas of the game’s cape and cowl used as a blank canvas by top contemporary artists to produce their own original interpretations.
On Friday, July 25th, at 12:30 p.m., WBIE and Monolith Productions will host a panel for the anticipated game “Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor,” discussing how the game’s innovation evolves storytelling while exploring the history of the Rings of Power. Panelists will include Monolith’s Michael de Plater and Phil Straub, as well as the game’s lead writer, Christian Cantamessa, and voice actor Troy Baker, moderated by Professor Janet Croft.
And Sunday, July 27th, at 1:00 p.m., WBIE will also host a panel for “LEGO™ Batman 3: Beyond Gotham,” developed by TT Games, with an exclusive gameplay demonstration, character reveals, special announcements and a lively panel discussion with several members of the voice cast featured in the game. Also, throughout the Con, the game will be available for the first time for hands-on play by consumers.
Blanketing the Con from start to finish with entertainment and activities for fans, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment celebrates its coming release of Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ summer blockbuster “Godzilla” with a four-day interactive display on the lawn behind Hall H. From Wednesday through Sunday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day, view the 24-foot tall sculpture of the king of the monsters, along with fan art and a graffiti wall where visitors can memorialize their favorite Godzilla moments. Giveaways and photo opportunities will also be available.
From 6:00 to 7 p.m. on Thursday, July 24th, WBHE hosts Batman ’66, reuniting pop icons Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar on the Hall H stage for “Batman: The Complete Television Series.” Moderated by Ralph Garman, the actors behind Batman, Robin and Catwoman will give the audience an inside look at the exclusive content contained in the Home Entertainment release due out later this year, as well as present dazzling high-definition re-mastered footage from the landmark series.
On Friday, July 25th, from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m., it’s the world premiere of “Batman: Assault on Arkham,” the next entry in the ongoing series of DC Universe Original Movies, due out on Digital HD on July 29th and as a Blu-rayTM Combo Pack on August 12th. Produced by WBHE, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, the full-length animated film is based on the best-selling “Batman: Arkham” videogame series. Lucky attendees at the Ballroom 20 event will also be treated to a panel discussion featuring Kevin Conroy of “Batman: The Animated Series,” Matthew Gray Gubler, Troy Baker and John DiMaggio, and the filmmaking team of producer James Tucker, director Jay Oliva, dialogue director Andrea Romano, screenwriter Heath Corson, and moderator Victor Lucas. There will also be special announcements, exclusive prizes and a few potential surprises.
The final day of the Con, Sunday, July 27th—Kids’ Day—will see WBHE’s world premiere of the family animated film “Scooby-Doo! Frankencreepy” at 10:00 a.m. in Room 6BCF. The story follows everyone’s favorite Great Dane and the Mystery Inc. gang on a trip to a cursed castle inhabited by a terrifying ghost. Attendees can stay for a panel discussion among several of the voice actors, including Mindy Cohn and Grey Griffin, director/producer Paul McEvoy and screenwriter Jim Krieg. The feature will be available August 5th on Digital HD, and on Blu-rayTM Combo Pack and DVD on August 19th.
On the same day in Room 6A, at 2:15 p.m., animation fans can also watch the world premiere of the beloved cat-and-mouse duo Tom and Jerry in “Tom and Jerry: The Lost Dragon,” an hour-long feature filled with song, sorcery and slapstick. Filmmakers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone will be on hand to present the film, which will be released on Digital HD on August 19th, and on DVD on September 2nd.
And fans of the extensive WBHE library will be able to enjoy panels discussing some of their newest and greatest classic offerings: on Saturday the 26th at 1:00 p.m., Warner Archive Collection presents Trailers From Hell Live! A match made in classic movie heaven, the gurus of TFH, paired with the fan-centric trio of WAC podcasters, make a detailed, often humorous dissection of trailers from some of the great films in the fanboy spectrum. From sci-fi and horror to action and noir, it’s an education on current and upcoming releases in the WAC catalog and Warner Archive Instant, from a panel that includes Josh Olson and WAC Podcast hosts George Feltenstein, Matthew Patterson and DW Ferranti. In Room 25ABC.
At 12:00 p.m. on Sunday, WAC presents A Batman for all Seasons. Join respected producer/author Michael Uslan, producer James Tucker, producer/director Brandon Vietti, WAC Podcast hosts Patterson and Ferranti and surprise guests, as they examine Batman iterations and oddities throughout history, from early films like “Public Defender” and the Batman cartoons, to new versions of the character, the off-kilter takes and new media. Attendees who stick around to the end will be privy to a special WAC announcement that will excite fans both “Young” and old. Room 7AB.
About “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies”
“The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies” is the epic, action-packed third and final film in Oscar-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson’s epic “The Hobbit” Trilogy. The film stars Ian McKellen, Martin Freeman, Richard Armitage, Evangeline Lilly, Lee Pace, Luke Evans, Benedict Cumberbatch, Ken Stott, and James Nesbitt, with Cate Blanchett, Ian Holm, Christopher Lee, Hugo Weaving and Orlando Bloom. Jackson directed from a screenplay by Fran Walsh & Philippa Boyens & Peter Jackson & Guillermo del Toro, based on the novel by J.R.R. Tolkien. The film is produced by Carolynne Cunningham, Zane Weiner, Fran Walsh and Peter Jackson, with Alan Horn, Toby Emmerich, Ken Kamins and Carolyn Blackwood serving as executive producers. New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures present, a Wingnut Films production, “The Hobbit: The Battle of The Five Armies,” opening in theatres nationwide on December 17, 2014.
About “Mad Max: Fury Road”
Oscar-winning filmmaker George Miller’s “Mad Max: Fury Road” revisits his own post-apocalyptic trilogy featuring the anti-hero known as Mad Max. Tom Hardy stars in the role of Max Rockatansky, alongside Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult, Zoe Kravitz, Riley Keough, Hugh Keays-Byrne and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. Miller directed from a screenplay he wrote with Brendan McCarthy and Nico Lathouris. Miller also produces, along with Doug Mitchell and P.J. Voeten. Iain Smith, Graham Burke and Bruce Berman serve as executive producers. “Mad Max: Fury Road” is a Kennedy Miller Mitchell production. The film will be presented by Warner Bros. Pictures, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures. Scheduled for release on May 15, 2015, it will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, and in select territories by Village Roadshow Pictures.
About “Jupiter Ascending”
“Jupiter Ascending” is written and directed by the Wachowskis and produced by Grant Hill, Lana Wachowski and Andy Wachowski. Roberto Malerba and Bruce Berman served as executive producers. The film stars Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis, with Sean Bean, Eddie Redmayne, Douglas Booth, Tuppence Middleton, Doona Bae, James D’Arcy and Tim Pigott-Smith. Set for release February 6, 2015, “Jupiter Ascending” is a Warner Bros. Pictures presentation, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, in association with Anarchos Productions. It will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, and in select territories by Village Roadshow Pictures.
About “Into the Storm”
“Into the Storm” was directed by Steven Quale, from a screenplay from John Swetnam, and stars Richard Armitage, Sarah Wayne Callies, Matt Walsh, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Arlen Escarpeta, Max Deacon, Nathan Kress and Jeremy Sumpter. Todd Garner produced the film, with Richard Brener, Walter Hamada, Dave Neustadter, Mark McNair, Jeremy Stein and Bruce Berman serving as executive producers. New Line Cinema presents, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, a Broken Road production, “Into the Storm.” The film will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, and in select territories by Village Roadshow Pictures.
Airing Mondays at 8/7c this fall on FOX, “Gotham” stars Ben McKenzie, Donal Logue, Sean Pertwee, Robin Lord Taylor, Erin Richards, David Mazouz, Camren Bicondova, Zabryna Guevara, Cory Michael Smith, Victoria Cartagena, Andrew Stewart-Jones and Jada Pinkett Smith. Bruno Heller wrote the “Gotham” pilot, which was directed by Danny Cannon. Heller, Cannon and John Stephens are executive producers of the series, which is based on the characters from DC Comics and is a production of Warner Bros. Television.
About “The Flash”
Premiering October 7th and airing Tuesdays at 8/7c on The CW, “The Flash” stars Grant Gustin, Candice Patton, Rick Cosnett, Danielle Panabaker, Carlos Valdes, with Tom Cavanagh and Jesse L. Martin. John Wesley Shipp guest stars. Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and DC Entertainment’s Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns wrote “The Flash” pilot, which was directed by David Nutter. Berlanti, Kreisberg, Nutter and Sarah Schechter are executive producers of “The Flash,” which is based upon the characters from DC Comics and is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc., in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television.
Returning for its third season October 8th, “Arrow” airs Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW. Starring Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Willa Holland, Emily Bett Rickards, Colton Haynes, with John Barrowman and Paul Blackthorne, “Arrow” was developed and is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg. Based upon the characters from DC Comics, “Arrow” is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc., in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television.
Premiering October 24th, “Constantine” will air Fridays at 10/9c on NBC and stars Matt Ryan, Charles Halford and Harold Perrineau. Based on the characters from DC Comics and produced by Bonanza Productions Inc., in association with Warner Bros. Television, “Constantine” is executive produced by Daniel Cerone and David S. Goyer. Neil Marshall directed the pilot from a teleplay by Cerone and story by Cerone & Goyer.
Gareth Edwards directed “Godzilla,” which stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Oscar nominee Ken Watanabe, Elizabeth Olsen, Oscar winner Juliette Binoche, and Sally Hawkins, with Oscar nominee David Strathairn and Bryan Cranston. The screenplay is by Max Borenstein, story by David Callaham, based on the character “Godzilla” owned and created by TOHO CO., LTD. Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni produced with Mary Parent and Brian Rogers. Patricia Whitcher and Alex Garcia served as executive producers, alongside Yoshimitsu Banno and Kenji Okuhira. Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures present a Legendary Pictures production, a Gareth Edwards film, “Godzilla.” The film was distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, except in Japan, where it will be distributed by Toho Co., Ltd. Legendary Pictures is a division of Legendary Entertainment.
Writer and Chief Creative Officer of DC Comics Geoff Johns appears at Beach Ball Comics on Wednesday, September 4, 2013 from 5:00pm until 7:00pm! He’ll be here to meet fans and sign the very first issue of this seven issue universe-wide series (featuring the art of David Finch!)
Beach Ball Comics
3024 W Ball Rd Ste G, Anaheim, CA 92804
This week Adult Swim and DC Entertainment release the Robot Chicken DC Comics Special on Blu-ray and DVD! Like a medieval jester speaking truth to power, Robot Chicken’s spoofs and irreverent humor allow them to point out the inconsistencies and flaws of the DC Universe. For instance, they bring Superman’s power to erase memories with a kiss to it’s obvious conclusion and what real nerds would do with the power of a Green Lantern ring. The show also makes several deep pulls from the DC mythology citing characters like B’dg and Mister Banjo (I had to look them up too).
While everybody gets lampooned at some point, the overarching theme of the special would be how much of a tool is Aquaman. All the hard work writer and Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns has done in the comics to establish Aquaman as a cool character is wiped away within the first ten seconds of the show. Which is especially perplexing since Johns is also a writer and executive producer of Robot Chicken.
The Blu-ray/DVD contains over two hours of bonus features including commentaries by the cast and crew, footage of the Robot Chicken team cosplaying for the special’s premiere, and a tour of DC Entertainment’s west coast office. Fun fact: Robot Chicken co-creator has an Arashikage ninja clan tattoo on the inside of his right arm.
This July, the Robot Chicken television series heads back to Blu-ray™ and DVD – and this time, the DC Comics universe is at the center of its Emmy® Award-winning stop-motion lampooning. Stoopid Buddy Stoodios, in partnership with DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, continues to build its repertoire of dishing out hilarious sketch comedy parodies in the all-new Adult Swim Blu-ray and DVD release, Robot Chicken DC Comics Special. The special, which boasts an all-star cast as well as characters Robot Chicken fans have grown to love, provides a unique take on some of the most iconic superheroes from the DC Comics universe – along with others whose powers can’t really be called “super.” It will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on July 9, 2013 for the suggested retail price of $19.98 and $14.98, respectively.
With more than two hours of bonus content created by the special’s producers, including deleted scenes, commentaries, outtakes and more, the Robot Chicken DC Comics Special Blu-ray and DVD is a must-own addition for fans of Robot Chicken and DC Comics alike. The special’s all-star cast includes series co-creator and executive producer Seth Green as Batman, Robin and the put-upon Aquaman; Neil Patrick Harris as Two-Face; Alfred Molina as Lex Luthor; Nathan Fillion as the Green Lantern; Megan Fox as Lois Lane; series and special writer/voice talent Breckin Meyer as Superman, plus Abe Benrubi, Alex Borstein, Clare Grant, Tara Strong, series co-creator and executive producer Matthew Senreich, series co-head writer/co-executive producer Tom Root, series director Zeb Wells and Kevin Shinick as co-producer, writer and narrator.
The list of special features included on the Robot Chicken DC Comics Special Blu-ray and DVD include:
· The Making of Robot Chicken DC Comics Special
· Robot Chicken DC Comics Special’s Aquaman Origin Story
· Chicken Nuggets
· Writers’ Commentary
· Actors’ Commentary
· DC Entertainment Tour
· Stoopid Alter Egos
· Deleted Sketches
· 5.2 Questions
Executive producers for the Robot Chicken DC Comics Special include Green, Senreich, DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, Warner Bros. Animation’s Executive Vice President, Creative Affairs Sam Register, and Stoopid Buddies Stoodios’ John Harvatine IV and Eric Towner. Green directs the 23-minute special with a script by co-head writers/co-executive producers Douglas Goldstein and Root along with Robot Chicken series writers Green, Senreich, Mike Fasolo, Zeb Wells, Matthew Beans, DC Entertainment’s Johns, Men at Work and Franklin & Bash’s Meyer and MAD’s Shinick. Janet Dimon is supervising producer and Ethan Marak is co-producer.
DC ENTERTAINMENT UNLEASHES IMPRESSIVE SLATE OF STELLAR EVENTS AT COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO 2013
Superman 75th Anniversary Celebration of World’s Greatest Super Hero Continues
Neil Gaiman Awakens THE SANDMAN For All-New Series
Journey To The Dark Side As Villains Take Over DC COMICS – THE NEW 52
DC Entertainment, home to the World’s Greatest Super Heroes and the most talented writers and artists in the business, announced today it will storm Comic-Con International: San Diego 2013 with an impressive line-up of events, announcements and giveaways that promise to amaze fans and continue to cement its position as a leader in the comic book industry.
The largest English-language publisher and the leader in digital comics innovation, DC Entertainment will conquer Comic-Con with a selection of can’t-miss events. Fans can look forward to an unprecedented celebration of the greatest and most iconic hero in history, Superman – including a look at the best-selling new series SUPERMAN UNCHAINED and the return of Neil Gaiman’s acclaimed Vertigo series with THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE, featuring the breathtaking artwork of J.H. Williams III. But the San Diego fireworks don’t end there, as DC Entertainment will be giving fans a sneak peek at the dark future within DC COMICS – THE NEW 52 and unveiling the JUSTICE LEAGUE KIA car featuring custom artwork from DC Entertainment Co-Publisher Jim Lee to benefit the WE CAN BE HEROES giving campaign, and more.
DC Entertainment’s interactive 4,500 square foot booth (#1915) will take flight this year with a staggering collection of Superman costumes highlighting the Super Hero’s various eras and donned by actors including Henry Cavill, Christopher Reeve, Dean Cain and Tom Welling. The costume gallery anchors a booth that also boasts video game demos, creator signings, a special fan green-screen photo area, giveaways and exclusive video footage.
Plus, with a schedule packed with over 15 panels, DC Entertainment is set to deliver to fans a stellar collection of appearances, announcements and events.
- All hail the world’s first Super Hero as Superman celebrates 75 years! DC Entertainment will join its partners across Warner Bros. Entertainment to salute the most revered and influential comic book character of all time with a slew of must-see events in celebration of both the Man of Steel’s history – including a special Superman 75 panel featuring an all-star roster of guests, including Jack Larson (the original Jimmy Olsen from Adventures of Superman), first-time Comic-Con panelist Tim Daly (Superman: The Animated Series) and reigning animated Supergirl Molly Quinn (Castle) to comics luminaries Paul Levitz, Grant Morrison and Dan Jurgens plus talent from the current blockbuster, “Man of Steel,” and a first look at the animated short chronicling the character’s rich history, produced by “Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder – plus more information on the powerhouse comic book series SUPERMAN UNCHAINED from acclaimed artist Jim Lee and writer Scott Snyder.
- Be there as the legendary Neil Gaiman offers fans a first look at his return to the comic book series that launched his career with Vertigo’s THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE. Brought to life by renowned artist J.H. Williams III, the new 6-issue miniseries set for release on October 30, will also be the subject of an all-star panel featuring Gaiman, Williams and artists Dave McKean and Sam Kieth.
- Dive into Vertigo’s upcoming slate of genre-defying titles – including the dark fantasy COFFIN HILL, the epic adventure HINTERKIND, the post-apocalyptic SUICIDERS, THE SANDMAN spin-off THE DEAD BOY DETECTIVES, and the erotic thriller THE DISCIPLINE, along with the return of the fan-favorite series from Scott Snyder and Rafael Albuquerque, AMERICAN VAMPIRE.
- Terror takes over when Villains Month hits in September. Get an inside look at the shocking events facing our heroes as the first DC COMICS – THE NEW 52 universe-wide event is unleashed. The event, spearheaded by the 7-issue FOREVER EVIL series by superstar writer Geoff Johns with art by the incredibly talented David Finch will also feature 52 jaw-dropping villain-centric titles boasting 3-D Motion covers. Fans will also be able to delve into the structure of this summer’s Justice League event Trinity War with a whiteboard animation video narrated by Johns, which will be showcased at the DC Entertainment booth. Plus, fans can get an early look at “Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics,” an all-new documentary to be teased along with a panel headed by Johns, Kevin Shinick (Robot Chicken), Andrea Romano (Batman: The Animated Series) and Scott Porter (Friday Night Lights).
- Don’t miss DC Entertainment’s display of seven Justice League-inspired KIA cars (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg) featuring custom automobile detailing and artwork by legendary artist Jim Lee at the Interactive Zone at Petco Park, Official Comic-Con Partner. Comic-Con will mark the unveiling of the centerpiece to the collection – the JUSTICE LEAGUE KIA – to be auctioned off to benefit the WE CAN BE HEROES giving campaign to help fight the hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa.
- DC Entertainment, firmly established as the industry leader in digital comics, will debut its first-ever panel dedicated to the space – slated to reveal new art, innovations and an all-star cast behind some of DC Comics Digital’s most popular releases including BATMAN ’66, INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US, SMALLVILLE SEASON 11, LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT, ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN, BATMAN: LI’L GOTHAM, and BATMAN BEYOND!
- Fans will be able to pick up a wide offering of exclusive items only available at this year’s Comic-Con – including variant cover editions of some of DC Comics’ most popular series JUSTICE LEAGUE, BATMAN, SUPERMAN UNCHAINED, and BATMAN ’66, along with five new DC Collectibles items like the Aardman: Superman Action Figure, a three-pack of Super Best Friends Forever Action Figures, Batman Arkham City: Hugo Strange, a “Man of Steel” 1:6 scale Icon Statue black costume variant and DC Comics’ Super Heroes of Green Lantern four-pack.
- Superman gets an altogether different take in the fractured alternate universe of Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, the highly anticipated DC Universe Animated Original Movie to premiere Friday at Comic-Con.
- Get an inside look at INSIDE MAD, the hugely anticipated forthcoming collection from “The Usual Gang Of Idiots” at MAD Magazine and get a dose of the magazine’s wit and snark at the annual MAD panel – orchestrated by Editor John Ficarra and a side-splitting cast of characters.
- See more at: http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/07/02/dc-entertainment-unleashes-impressive-slate-of-stellar-events-at-comic-con#sthash.WzD2hyiR.dpuf
Geoff Johns, Jeph Loeb, and more appear at a CBLDF fundraiser in Los Angeles on Friday, May 24th! Get tickets at the link!
On Friday, May 24, come celebrate the creativity of Geoff Johns at Greenest Night: A Celebration of Geoff Johns’ Green Lantern benefiting Comic Book Legal Defense Fund! Join Johns’ at the Avalon Bardot Theater in Hollywood, CA for an intimate look back on his Green Lantern run with a revealing Q&A session kicked off with a keynote appreciation presented by Jeph Loeb. Geoff will also take center stage at a star-studded VIP opening reception, where all guests will receive special and extremely limited commemorative merchandise created by Graphitti Designs! Only 100 seats are available for this exclusive evening celebrating Geoff’s once-in-a-generation accomplishment – get yours now!
Greenest Night: A Celebration of Geoff Johns’ Green Lantern toasts Johns’ unique accomplishment with an upscale and intimate celebration at the Avalon Bardot theater in Hollywood, CA. There are two levels of admission for this limited event:
Regular admission tickets are available for a $100 donation to the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, and includes:
Admission to the exclusive Q&A
A signed & numbered commemorative print from Graphitti Designs
A signed copy of Green Lantern #20 with a commemorative Certificate of Authenticity, and other gifts.
$80 of this contribution is tax deductible.
VIP Admission tickets are available for a $250 donation to CBLDF, and includes:
Admission to the star-studded VIP opening reception and premiere seating at exclusive Q&A,
A copy of Absolute Green Lantern: Rebirth, with an exclusive, commemorative bookplate
An exclusive, commemorative t-shirt from Graphitti Designs
A signed & numbered commemorative print from Graphitti Designs
A signed copy of Green Lantern #20 with a commemorative Certificate of Authenticity, and other gifts.
$126 of this contribution is tax deductible.
Greenest Night: A Celebration of Geoff Johns’ Green Lantern is sponsored by DC Entertainment and is produced by Comic Book Legal Defense Fund and Comic Book Resources, with merchandise provided by Graphitti Designs. The event happens on Friday, May 24 at 8:00 PM, with a VIP opening reception at 7:00.
Avalon Bardot Theater
1735 Vine Street Los Angeles, CA 90028
MegaCon 2014 makes their first guest announcements, Geoff Johns hints at SDCC media announcements for DC, and Free Comic Book Day reports come in. All that and more in this week’s Scene on the Web!
2013 Free Comic Day Info:
FREE Autograph Signing Schedule
*DAVID HORVATH (Uglydoll Co-Creator)
Free Uglydoll Viz Comic!
CHRISTOS GAGE (Comic & TV Writer)
Free Absolution Avatar comic!
SCOTT SHAW! (Cartoonist for Annoying Orange & Simpsons) Free Bongo Comic & Sketches!
MAX BEMIS (Frontman for the Indy Band Say Anything & comic creator) Free BOOM! & KABOOM! Comics!
-Polarity comic issues #1 & #2 from BOOM! on sale at the event!
GEOFF JOHNS (DC Comics C.C.O & Comic Writer) Free Superman DC Comic & one (1) other item signed ONLY!
ALL DAY LONG
-PREVIEW THE NEW “STAR TREK: THE VIDEO GAME”
FOR XBOX 360 ON THE VIDEO GAME TRUCK!
-DJ SET BY PDUB!
Golden Apple Comics
7018 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90038
If you have’t already made arrangements for Comic-Con International: San Diego (and have $10,000 you can spare), you can be one of three fans to purchase the “Meet Geoff Johns and Gary Frank” package from the DC Entertainment: We Can Be Heroes Indiegogo campaign.
The package includes 2 badges to the convention, airfare and hotel, a group lunch with Johns and Frank, 2 invites to the VIP DC event, a Jim Lee t-shirt, and a Gary Frank lithograph. The tax-deductible amount of the package is $3,841.
There are 40 days left in the campaign, and as I am writing this, none of the 3 Johns and Frank packages have been claimed.