Adam Rex, Le Tang, Todd Wilderman, Jason Scheier, and more appear at Gallery Nucleus on Saturday March 28th!
Based on the novel The True Meaning of Smekday by Adam Rex, comes the fun and exciting animated adventure, HOME by Dreamworks Animation.
Come see rare behind the scenes artwork by artists from the production design, storyboard, and visual development teams.
Bring your questions for the Q&A session and meet the artists one-on-one as they sign copies of the book The Art of Home.
$5 Admission at the Entrance or FREE w/ purchase of the Art of HOME book
Only 200 attendees will be admitted
Only 80 seats available (20 reserved seats and 60 first-come, first-serve general admission seats)
Standing room and floor seating also available
Outside books will be subject to a $10 fee
Front Row Reserved Seats available online $20. (click here)
Comes in 2 options: Seat Only or Seat w/ a Book
Waives admission fee.
Guaranteed seat in the first 2 rows, only 20 seats available.
No need to wait in line or get to the event early just to get a good seat.
Comes with a free bottle of water.
Guaranteed first in line during the artist signing time.
Get 10% off your book purchase.
General Admission and Signing Instructions
1. Please purchase your admission tickets / books at the register before waiting in line out side to get a general admission seat.
2. Upon purchase of an admission ticket / book you will be given a raffle number. This number signifies your position in the line to receive artist signatures after the panel.
3. Once you have purchased your admission ticket / book and have your raffle number, you can wait in line to be seated. First come first serve. (Those who purchased a front row reserved seat will not have to wait in line)
4. Attendees will be allowed to enter roughly 15 – 20 minutes before the panel begins. Simply show your admission / book receipt at the gallery entrance and you will be admitted.
5. After Q and A, when artists are available to sign books your number will be displayed on the wall in numerical order. (Those who purchased a front row reserved seat will be first in line)
2:00 – 3:00 pm Home Panel / Presentation
3:00 – 3:30 pm Q&A
4:00 – 5:00 pm Signing
5:30 – 8:00 pm Adam Rex exhibition Reception / Signing
210 East Main Street, Alhambra, CA 91801
Comments Off on NYC – Chu’s Day Release Party
Writer Neil Gaiman and illustrator Adam Rex appear for a release event at Books of Wonder on Saturday February the 23rd at noon! Gaiman says on his blog, “We’ll sign all the copies of Chu’s Day anyone wants, and other books as well. Books of Wonder is one of my favourite Children’s bookshops in the world.”
Books of Wonder is thrilled to invite all our loyal customers and friends, both young and not-so-young, to an event of giant (panda) proportions. Mark your calendars for Saturday, February 23rd, set your alarm clocks to make sure you’ll be here at noon, and start counting down the days until #1 New York Times best-selling author and Newbery medalist NEIL GAIMAN joins New York Times best-selling illustrator ADAM REX for an appearance at Books of Wonder where they will sign copies of their new picture book…
Every so often an author and artist work together and create something truly special, a book with a whimsical text and vivid illustrations which come together seamlessly to create a story young readers and listeners will love. On Saturday, February 23rd, everyone is invited to be part of
Chu’s Day at Books of Wonder, as we are all introduced to a baby panda with a monstrous sneeze!
Beginning at noon, NEIL GAIMAN and ADAM REX will sign copies of CHU’S DAY and all their other wonderful titles for their numerous fans. Here are the publisher’s guidelines for getting your books signed:
* Neil and Adam will personalize an UNLIMITED number of CHU’S DAY purchased from Books of Wonder and will sign up to TWO other NEWLY purchased books.
* Neil and Adam will sign ONE beloved book brought from home.
* If a customer does NOT have a CHU’S DAY or a NEWLY purchased book of some kind, they will have to go into a second signing line that will go AFTER the first signing line is completed.
As a cherry on top what is already a sweet Saturday afternoon, NEIL GAIMAN and ADAM REX would like to show their support for Books of Wonder by pre-signing a special quantity of Limited Edition Chu’s Day Posters which will be available to fans at the event and online for a donation of $15 to Books of Wonder.
We can hardly wait to share this special afternoon with book lovers of all ages. NEIL GAIMAN and ADAM REX will meet and greet fans, and sign all their many wonderful, award-winning titles. Ages 4 and up. Saturday, February 23rd, Beginning at Noon.
*Please note: We will be distributing numbers to everyone, beginning at 10am the day of the signing, to reserve your place in line. Due to the large turnout we expect, there will not be a reading or presentation, just a book signing. To save yourself time, we advise pre-ordering and paying for your books at the store before the day of the event, so you can get in the express line to pick up your books and a number that day. Once you have your number, you can either wait in the store (and maybe get some treats at the new Birdbath Cafe at Books of Wonder) or leave and return to the store when the signing starts at noon. For those with a higher number, we will be tweeting what numbers we’re lining up so that you may monitor where we are in the process and gauge when to return to the store so you don’t miss your spot in line.
Books of Wonder
18 West 18th Street, New York, NY 10011