Florida Supercon 2012 UPDATE: The dates of the show have changed. The new dates are June 29 – July 2, 2012. Same place, same hours, new dates!
It was a difficult decision to make, but due to construction at the convention center, the availability of several guests, as well as requests from many patrons we have opted to move the show back to the summer. Stay tuned for guest announcements to start shortly. Updates will be posted here and at our website www.floridasupercon.com
Everyone who already purchased tickets has been sent an email with details and options.
Check out Florida SuperCon’s Full Panel Schedule! Easy to use interactive schedule for the 4 day show is up and running. Panels range from Comics, to Anime to Video Games. Naming just a small few.
Check out such panels as Charlie Adlard’s Q & A, Geek Dating Game, Jeopardy, Walking Dead TV Q&A, Ghost Hunting and so many more.
Convention Scene News Editor Joe Fauvel, who self publishes his own creator owned series, CRY, will be attending the convention as well as participating in the two panels.
Friday July 1, 6:00PM-7:00PM INDEPENDENT COMICS: OUTSIDE OF THE MAINSTREAM -ROOM 200 (PANEL ROOM B)
Saturday July 2, 11:00AM-12PM MAKE YOUR OWN COMIC BOOK-ROOM 200 (PANEL ROOM B)
See videos of last year’s panels Joe was participating in HERE!
For all information on Florida SuperCon check out their website!
Via Florida Supercon:
Florida Supercon is just 2 weeks away. Get ready for FSC 2011 this July 1-4, 2011 in Miami, FL.
All the info you need can be found at our website www.floridasupercon.com, including guests, events, ticket info and more! CLICK HERE to get your tickets online now or go directly to http://fsc2011.eventbrite.com. You can also pick up tickets at several retail locations including: Florida Super Comics, Games, Anime + More (Davie, FL), Past Present Future Comics (West Palm, FL), Crossroad Comics (Lauderhill, FL), Docking Bay 94 (Coconut Creek, FL), Mac’s Comics (Miami, FL) and Phil’s Comic Shoppe (Margate, FL).
SUPERCON HOTLINE: 954.399.1330
HOTEL PHONE NUMBER: 800-695-9294
FRI: 12:00PM -3:00AM
(Exhibition room: 2:00PM – 9:00PM)
SAT: 10:00AM -3:00AM
(Exhibition room: 10:00AM – 8:00PM)
SUN: 10:00AM – 3:00AM
(Exhibition room: 10AM – 8:00PM)
MON: 11:00AM – 6:00PM
(Exhibition room: 11:00AM – 6:00PM)
FOR COMPLETE EVENT INFORMATION GO TO www.floridasupercon.com
FLORIDA SUPERCON: South Florida’s Comic Book, Anime, Animation, Video Game, Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Pop Culture Convention will return on July 1-4, 2011. That’s right, FSC is now a 4 day event! Since it’s a holiday weekend, and Monday is the holiday, we’re expanding the fun for an extra day. It’s now a Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday event! FSC will be returning for year six to the NEWLY RENOVATED and NEWLY RENAMED “MIAMI AIRPORT CONVENTION CENTER” (MACC), formally known as the Miami Mart Airport Hotel and Convention Center located at 711 NW 72nd Ave, Miami FL. 33126.
FLORIDA SUPERCON’S BIGGEST GUEST LIST EVER!
We’ve added some big names to the line up for this years show and will have over 150 guests in attendance! For the complete guest line up, visit www.floridasupercon.com
Highlight Media Guests include:
Cary Elwes: star of The Princess Bride and Saw
Bruce Boxleitner: star of Tron and Babylon 5
Emma Caulfield: star of Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Katelyn Tarver: star of No Ordinary Family and Big Time Rush
Highlight Anime Guests include:
Brittney Karbowski: star of Soul Eater
David Vincent: star of Code Geass
Melissa Fahn: star of Cowboy Bebop
Bill Rogers: star of Pokemon
Highlight Animation Guests include:
Gregg Berger: star of Transformers
Dana Snyder: star of Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Richard Horvitz: star of Invader Zim
Highlight Comic Book Guests include:
Charlie Adlard: artist of The Walking Dead
Duncan Fegredo: artist of Hellboy
Sheldon Moldoff: golden age Batman artist
Lauren Sankovitch: Marvel Comics editor
Highlight Cosplay and Entertainment Guests include:
Pikmin Link: Cosplay Guest
Meeka Kitty: You Tube star
Outland Armour: Cosplay Guests
Highlight Musical Guests include:
Motion City Soundtrack
Lemon Drop Kick
CLICK HERE to get your tickets online now
We’re giving away a pair of VIP Passes to FLORIDA SUPERCON 2011 – JULY 1-4, 2011 to 4 lucky people that have RSVPd to attend the show once we reach 5,000 RSVPs on Facebook. So, RSVP now and invite your friends to attend so we can get to 5,000 RSVPs faster!
V.I.P. TICKETS $150.00 Value gets you
(A) Laminated V.I.P. Badge
(B) Admission to the festival for the full weekend
(C) Entry to the Friday night Comic Book V.I.P. party, featuring a 2 hour open bar, comic book professionals, music, giveaways and more!
(D) Entry to the Saturday night Celebrity V.I.P party, featuring a 2 hour open bar, celebrity guests, music, giveaways and more!
(E) An exclusive FSC variant comic book. Specific variant to be announced closer to the show.
(F) FSC 2011 T-Shirt
(G) Early entrance to the show (30 minutes early)
(H) More to be announced!
To enter see all the details on Florida SuperCons Facebook page HERE!
Check out the SuperCon website HERE!
Florida Super Comic’s inaugural COMICSTOCK is a weekend dedicated to our great love of comics, games, anime and more! Saturday and Sunday will be stock full of special guest artists, events, and more! April 16-17, 2011 at Florida Super Comics, Games, Anime + More! Open Saturday 11am – 10pm and Sunday 11am – 9pm.
For more information check out the website!
THE FSC COSTUME COMPETITION
SATURDAY JULY 2, 2011 @ 8:00P
OVER $3,000 IN CASH & PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED AT THE SHOW!
$1,000 CASH PRIZE FOR BEST IN SHOW!
PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED AS FOLLOWS:
Best in Show: $1,000 cash prize. $100 Florida Super Comics gift certificate. Award trophy.
Con Chair Spotlight: $250 cash prize, $75 Florida Super Comics gift certificate. Award Trophy.
Masters Award. $250 cash prize. $50 Florida Super Comics gift certificate. Award trophy.
Costumer’s Award: $100 cash prize. $50 Florida Super Comics gift certificate. Award trophy.
Craftsmanship Award: $75 cash prize. $50 Florida Super Comics gift certificate. Award Trophy.
Best Individual, Journeyman: $50 cash prize. $25 Florida Super Comics gift certificate. Award Trophy.
Best Individual, Novice: $50 cash prize. $25 Florida Super Comics gift certificate. Award Trophy.
Best Individual, Junior/Youth: $50 cash prize. $25 Florida Super Comics gift certificate. Award Trophy.
Best Prop: $50 cash prize. $25 Florida Super Comics gift certificate. Award trophy.
Best Group, Journeyman / Masters: $100 cash prize. $50 Florida Super Comics gift certificate. Award Trophy.
Best Group, Novice: $50 cash prize. $50 Florida Super Comics gift certificate. Award Trophy.
for more information on the contest and the show in general check out the website.
|Start Date||07/01/2011 (UPDATED)|
|End Date||07/04/2011 (UPDATED)|
|About This Convention:||FLORIDA SUPERCON: South Florida’s Comic Book, Anime, Animation, Video Game, Fantasy and Sci-Fi Convention returns July 1-4, 2011 to the Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Convention Center in Miami, FL.
Florida Supercon is a 3 day festival dedicated to Comic Books, Anime, Animation, Video Games, Fantasy and Sci-Fi featuring celebrity guests,comic book creators, voice actors, industry guests, cosplayers, artists, writers, panels, Q&A’s, films & shorts, costume & cosplay contests,vendors, parties, anime, workshops, video gaming and more! 2011 will be the 6th annual Florida Supercon
|Convention Guests||Here are some of the guests that have already signed up for FSC 2011
Comic Book Creators
PLUS: HUNDRED’S MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!!!
|Venue Name||Miami Mart Airport Convention Center|
|Venue Address||711 NW 72nd Ave
Miami, FL 33126
|Number of Dealer/Exhibitor Tables||150|
|What category best describes your convention?||Comic Books|
|What other categories might be appropriate for your convention?||- Anime
- Comic Books
- Science Fiction and Fantasy
Greg Horn (Blackest Night, Secret Invasion), Allen Bellman (Timely/Marvel), Damion Hendricks (Marvel Comics), Martin Pierro (Cosmic Times) and Aris Iliopolis sign at Past Present & Future Comics on Saturday July 3rd from 10am – 4pm.
PLUS: Lisa Corrao and The Revenge of the Nerd Comedy Show starts at 4pm on Saturday.
The 501st Legion (Stormtroopers) will be at the store on Saturday too!
Florida Supercon will host and judge a costume contest for all ages and skill levels at 1pm on Sunday July 4th!
Past Present & Future Comics
1387 N. MILITARY TRAIL, West Palm Beach, FL
MAKE A SPLASH WITH THE HERD AT SOUTH FLORIDA’S THREE DAY FESTIVAL
TOP COW AT FLORIDA SUPERCON
LOS ANGELES, Calif., June 16, 2010 – Top Cow Productions, Inc. proudly announced today that they will be exhibiting at Florida Supercon in South Florida this weekend. Three three-day comic book, anime, animation, video game, fantasy and sci-fi convention will be open to the public on Friday, June 18 running through Sunday, June 20, 2010, at the Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Convention Center in Miami.
Fans who stop by the Top Cow booth will be among the first to get a glimpse and purchase Velocity #1 by Ron Marz (Witchblade, Artifacts) and Kenneth Rocafort (Cyberforce/Hunter-Killer, Madame Mirage). The story centers on the Carin Taylor, the fastest woman in the world. At least, she’d better be if she wants to save her own life and the lives of her Cyberforce teammates. When a former Cyberdata scientist – and test subject – seeks revenge against the members of Cyberforce, only Velocity can save her friends before the clock literally runs out. Velocity #1 will arrive in stores on Wednesday, June 30th.
The publisher will be offering two exclusive Florida Supercon variants for the event: a blank sketch Velocity #1 Past Present and Future Comics variant and a Rocafort line art Velocity #1 Tate’s Comics variant. The exclusives are both extremely limited and will be initially made available at Florida Supercon. Fans will also be able to pick up numerous free promotional items and free comics at the Top Cow booth. Publisher Filip Sablik will be available at 4:00-5:30pm on Saturday, June 19 and at 12:30-1:30pm on Sunday, June 20 for portfolio reviews for aspiring artists.
On Saturday, June 19 at 1:00-2:00pm, join Sablik as he shares with guests of the panel what’s coming from Top Cow in 2010, including exclusive early looks and exciting announcements.
For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit www.supercon.tv. For more information from Top Cow, please visit www.topcow.com or follow them on Twitter at www.twitter.com/topcow.
About Top Cow Productions Inc.
Top Cow Productions, Inc. (www.topcow.com), a Los Angeles-based entertainment company, was founded in December of 1992 by artist Marc Silvestri, who also co-founded Image Comics earlier that same year. Top Cow currently publishes its line of comic books in 21 languages in over 55 different countries. The company has launched 20 franchises (18 original and two licensed) in the industry’s Top 10, seven at #1, a feat accomplished by no other publisher in the last two decades. Its flagship franchise, WITCHBLADE, was TNT’s #1 original film of 2000 and the subsequent TV series was released on DVD on July 29, 2008. A feature film, co-produced by Platinum Studios, Inc. and Arclight Films, is slated to begin production in Australia with director Michael Rymer. WITCHBLADE is also the first American property to be fully adapted in Japan as an original anime and manga by Studio GONZO in 2006. Top Cow’s other flagship property, THE DARKNESS, was developed into a major next-generation video game release by Starbreeze and 2K Games and achieved platinum sales status. WANTED, an Eisner-nominated miniseries published by Top Cow from 2003-2005, is now a major motion picture from Universal Pictures starring Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy and Morgan Freeman. Virtually all of Top Cow’s other properties are in development as feature films, live-action television, animation or video games. Top Cow has also successfully licensed and merchandised its franchises into toys, statues, clothing, lithographs, puppets, posters, magnets, shot glasses, lighters, lunch pails, wall scrolls, mouse pads, die-cast cars, calendars, Christmas ornaments, Halloween masks, trading cards, standees, video games and roleplaying games.
FLORIDA SUPERCON 2010
FSC is 18 days away! Over 30 New Comic Book, Cosplay, Music, Wrestling and Media Guests announced for June 18-20, 2010 show
Plus: FSC’s very first variant comic books announced!
Miami, FL – Florida Supercon continues to grow! Florida’s most exciting and fun genre convention continues to add more guests and events for the 5th annual Florida Supercon, set to occur June 18-20, 2010 in Miami, FL. Over thirty new guests have been added from the worlds of Comic Books, Cosplay, Music, Horror, Video Games and Wrestling with more still to be announced as we get closer to the show!
Florida Supercon (FSC) is South Florida’s Comic Book, Anime, Animation, Video Game and Sci-Fi / Fantasy Festival, a three day festival that includes celebrity guests, comic book publishers, artists, writers, vendors, Q&A’s, parties, costume contests, anime programming, cosplay, panels, photo shoots, live music, video games and more. The event kicks off at 12:00PM, Friday, June 18 and the fun continues almost around the clock until 6:00PM, Sunday, June 20. FSC returns to Miami for its 5th year as it takes over almost 150,0000 square feet at the Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel and Convention Center to become the largest genre convention in the history of South Florida! Over 200 guests will be in attendance at the event.
New comic book industry guests include:
· Jose Delbo: Argentinian born artist Jose Delbo has a career that has spanned 50 years, starting in the Silver Age of the early 1960′s until today. Fans will best know Delbo as the main artist on Wonder Woman from 1976 to 1981 and The Transformers (Marvel Comics) from issue 36-67 (1987-1990).
· Clay Mann: Comic Book artist of X-Men Legacy, Dark Reign: Elektra, Daredevil, Ultimate X-Men, Thor: Man of War, Heroes For Hire, Marvel Knights 4, Four, The Immortal Iron Fist, Marvel Adventures: Fantastic Four, X-Men Unlimited and more!
· Tommy Castillo: Comic Book artist of Batman: Gotham Knights, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Detective Comics, Dungeons & Dragons, Evil Ernie in Santa Fe, Fear the Dead: A Zombie Survivor’s Journal, Green Arrow, Grimm Fairy Tales, Hari Kari, Se7en, Toe Tags Featuring George A. Romero, G.I. Joe, Vampirella and more!
· Chris Brunner: Comic Book artist of Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Dark Horse Presents, Hellblazer, Resident Evil, Star Wars Tales, Ghost Handbook, The Ride, The Ride: Foreign Parts, The Ride: Savannah, X-Omnibus, Robin, Hellhounds, Wolverine / Punisher, Gotham Central, Savage Dragon and more!
· Steve Borock: Industry Guest. Steve is the Consignment Director for Heritage Auctions. He is the former (and first) President, Primary Grader and Restoration Detection Expert at CGC (Comics Guaranty Corporation) from 1999 – 2008. Steve was a key figure in introducing third-party certification to the comic book hobby and helping to change the hobby forever.
· Koi Turnbull: Comic Book artist of Fathom, Wolverine, Aspen Seasons, Batgirl, Batman and the Outsiders, Batman: Gotham Knights, Black Panther, Detective Comics, Fathom: Cannon Hawke, The Flash, Green Lantern, Heroes, New Warriors, Nova, Outsiders: Five of a Kind, Superman Confidential, What If…?, Worlds of Aspen & more!
· Louis Small jr.: Artist of Vampirella, Vampirella Strikes!, Vampirella / Lady Death, Vampirella / Shi, Adventure Comics 80-Page Giant, Batman, The Chaos Effect, The Darkness, Codename: Knockout, JLA Secret Files, Ka-Zar, Kabuki Gallery, Witchblade, Solar: Man of the Atom, Lady Death, Chaos! Quarterly & more!
· Stephan Nilson: Comic Book writer of Monsterpocalypse, Justice League Unlimited, Atomik Mike, Batman Strikes! and Danny Husk. Stephan’s Television and TV related digital material includes Smallville (seasons 6&7) Justice and Doom and Visions, Ghost Whisperer and Red Dwarf.
· Daxiong: Hailing from China, Daxiong founded QiCartoon Studios in 1999, where he produced over 100 publications. He is currently one of the most successful artists in Chinese and European comics. Now living in the U.S., his American credits include: Star Wars Adventures, Top 10 Season Two & Justice League of America 80 Page Giant.
· Don Hillsman II: Comic Book Artist. Pencil credits include: Street Fighter, By Any Means Necessary: The Life & Times of Malcolm X, Daemonstorm, Devil Dinosaur Spring Fling, JLA Secret Files & Origins, Marvel Comics Presents, Southern Knights, Ultraverse Unlimited & Xavier Institute Alumni Yearbook. Inking credits: X-Men, Iron Man, Gambit, Damage, Scion, Sigil & more!
New Media Guests include:
· Andy Sipes has been seen/heard/felt in some of your favorite things: Code Monkeys (art director and character designer, voice of Mr. Larrity, Dean and more), Archer, Last Call with Carson Daly, Adult Swim’s Saul of the Mole Men and Minoriteam, Comedy Central’s Crank Yankers, MTV’s The Andy Milonakis Show and DJ and The Fro plus many more.
· Dawn Wells: Best known as Mary Ann in the Gilligan’s Island TV series, multiple reunion specials and the Gilligan’s Planet animated series
· Cindy Morgan is best known for her role as Lora / Yori in Tron and as Lacey Underall in Caddyshack. She recently was the voice of Ma3a in the Tron 2.0 video game and has been a part of the viral marketing for the new Tron Legacy film in the role of Lora Bradley once again.
· Larry Thomas is best known for his role on Sienfeld as the tyrannical Soup Nazi. Larry’s other credits include: Austin Powers, A Fist Full of Quarters, Spaced Out, Postal and The Warehouse Job and much more!
· Alex Vincent is best known for his role as Andy Barclay in the Child Play series of films, including: Childs Play and Child’s Play 2.
· Joseph Culp is an accomplished actor who can most recently be seen on the AMC hit series Mad Men as Archie Whitman (Don Draper’s father). To the comic book world, he is probably best known as Dr. Doom in the original 1994 Fantastic Four movie. His many TV roles include appearances on House, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, The Greatest American Hero (with his dad Robert Culp) and ER.
· Sally Kellerman is best known for her role as Major Margaret “Hot Lips” Houlihan in the film MASH (1970), for which she was nominated for an Oscar for Best Actress in a Supporting Role. Sally has dozens of credits including starring roles in the classic Star Trek 2nd pilot episode Where No Man Has Gone Before, as Rodney Dangerfield’s teacher / love interest in Back To School, The Boston Strangler, Brewster McCloud, The Last of the Red Hot Lovers, Lost Horizon, Centennial, Foxes, Moving Violations, Meatballs III: Summer Job, That’s Life!, Boris and Natasha, PrÃªt-Ã -Porter, American Virgin and many more!
· Scott Tepperman is the newest investigator on Ghost Hunters International. He has been traveling abroad investigating with the Ghost Hunters and his first episodes will air starting this summer’s season premiere.
· Geretta Geretta: She played Rosemary in Lamberto Bava’s 1985 film Demons (DÃ¨moni), where she was transformed into a demonic creature who tries to a slaughter Berlin theater audience. Her career as an actress has included roles in Susan Siedelman’s Smithereens, Lucio Fulci’s Murder Rock & Bruno Mattei’s Rats: Night Of Terror.
· Daphnee Duplaix. Actress and Model, Daphnee starred as Valerie Davis on the TV series Passions and currently stars on One Life to Live as Rachel Gannon. She was a 2010 NAACP Image Award Nominee for “Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series”. Her other notable roles include appearances on Angel, The District, Dharma & Greg, Felicity, CSI, CSI: NY, The Fighting Temptations, Demon Island, The Invisible Man, Just Shoot Me! and more! She was the July 1997 Playboy Playmate of the Month.
· Lou Pizarro is Director, Producer and Star of Tru TV’s Operation Repo.
· Paris Themmen is best known for his role as Mike Teevee in the 1971 film Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, when he was 11 years old. He was also a voice actor for Macross Plus (1994) and appeared on Star Trek: Voyager (Season 6, Episode 13: “Virtuoso”) in 2000 and The Ed Sullivan Show in the early 70′s.
New Cosplay and Entertainment Guests include:
· Steampunk Cosplay Guests. Founded in 2004 Outland Armour specializes in metal, leather, wood working, film making, special effects, acting, sculpture, custom prop creation, custom sewing & all aspects of costume design. They are constantly expanding to better realize your imagination. The crew has worked to create and constantly improve their original steampunk characters; The sky pirates of H.M.S. Amaranth. The crew will be hosting a variety of panels all weekend long.
· The Console Alliance was started by gamers for gamers out of love for video games. The Console Alliance is known for making video game parodies, independent movies, documentaries, shorts and more. Despite the film’s, The Console Alliance’s main goal is to correct today’s wrongful accusation of what a “Gamer” is and to correct the majorities conclusion that video games “Cause Violence” and “Desensitize children and younger players minds.”
New Wrestling Guests include:
· The Original Gangsta, New Jack is coming. New Jack is best known for his run in ECW in the 90′s into 2000′s, where he was a 3 time tag team champion (twice with Mustafa as The Gangstas and once with Kronus as The Gangstanators). He started out in USWA (Tag Team Champion), North Georgia Wrestling (Heavyweight Champion and Tag Team Champion) and Smokey Mountain (Tag Team Champion) before ECW. Since ECW, New Jack has wrestled for XPW, TNA Wrestling, CZW and Wrestling Society X.
· Lizzy Valentine. As a wrestler, Lizzy has been featured in TNA Wrestling, Xtreme Pro Wrestling, Wrestlicious, XPW, Kapow! & Jersey All Pro Wrestling
In addition to the guests listed above, eight new bands have been added to the live music line up, including: Modify The Moment, Bell Tower Falls, Viva Le Vox, Enrique’s Revenge, The Strikeouts, Protagonist, Sir Veza and Rumor Has It.
Plus: FSC is thrilled to announce the first ever variant comics produced only for Florida Supercon. There will be 2 awesome limited edition Lady Death variant comics printed just for Florida Supercon!
· The first variant is a special Lady Death: Dragon Wars #1 FSC Sketch Cover Variant Edition limited to 200 copies. Everyone loves sketch covers! Get your Lady Death sketch variant and have your favorite artist at the show do a sketch to make your variant a one of a kind collectible! Lady Death: Dragon Wars #1 is written by Brian Pulido and features art by Ivan Reis. This variant will only be available at the Florida Supercon booth at the show.
· The second Lady Death variant at FSC is Lady Death: The Rapture #1 “The End Edition”. Limited to just 77 copies! Each copy will be signed and numbered by Brian Pulido (Writer / Creator). Variant cover by Louis Small jr. This limited edition will be available at Brian Pulido’s booth at FSC.
More information for each of these guests may be found at the FSC website www.supercon.tv. These new guests join a line up of over 150 guests already announced for the show, and that number continues to grow every week. Some of the guests already lined up for FSC 2010 include:
Comic Book artists and writers such as Ariel Olivetti, Bill Sienkiewicz, Khoi Pham, Rafa Sandoval, Allen Bellman, Greg Horn, Brad Walker, Paul Gulacy, Fred Van Lente, Filip Sablik, Georges Jeanty, Dustin Weaver, Steve Kurth, Shawn Crystal, Joe Jusko, Clayton Henry, Brian Pulido, Bo Hampton, Alex Saviuk, Pat Broderick, Rob Hunter, Greg “Dark One” Williams, Vinnie Tartamella, Dick Kulpa, Jay Leisten, Luis Diaz and more!
Anime and Animation voice actors like Troy Baker (Naruto, Code Geass), Richard Horvitz (Invader Zim), Larry Kenney (Thundercats), Brittney Karbowski (Xenosaga, Pani Poni Dash), Dana Snyder (Aqua Teen), Charles Fleischer (Roger Rabbit), Brad Kesten (Charlie Brown), Angela Lee-Sloan (Lucy in Peanuts), Stacy H. Tolkin (Sally in Peanuts) and more!
Legendary Filmmakers Lloyd Kaufman and Hershell Gordon Lewis.
Movie and TV Celebrities such as Richard “Shaft” Roundtree, Fred “The Hammer” Willaimson (From Dusk Til’ Dawn), Tia Carrere (Wayne’s World, Relic Hunter), Robb Demarest (Ghost Hunters International), Brandy Green (Ghost Hunters International), Luciana Carro (Battlestar Galactica), John Wesley Shipp (The Flash), Charles Fleischer (Back to the Future II), Julie McCullough (Growing Pains, The Blob), Rebecca Staab (Fantastic Four), Anthony Forrest (Star Wars), Michelle Lintel (The Black Scorpion) and more!
Wrestling Guests such as The Iron Sheik (WWF), Greg “The Hammer” Valentine (WWF), Daffney (WCW, TNA), Stacy “The Kat” Carter (WWE, WWF), Sinn “Kizarny” Bodhi (WWE), Terri Runnels (WWE), Traci Brooks (TNA) and SoCal Val (TNA).
Musical Guests like Less Than Jake, Addax, Feeding Fingers, The Joyness, S.S. Hanami, Robbed By A Flute, Sci-Fried, The Pursuit and more!
Cosplay and Entertainment Guests such as Yaya Han, Miracole Burns, The 3000 Brigade (Smash Bros. Show), Supercon Championship Wrestling, Wasabi Anime and more!
Stand Up Comedy Guests like Lisa Corrao, The Revenge of the Nerds Comedy Show, Julie McCullough and more!
Additional guests can be found at on the Florida Supercon website at www.supercon.tv
This years FSC will have dedicated programming tracks for each of the genre’s being celebrated. Some of the amazing events include:
· Q&A’s with most of our attending guests
· Comic art portfolio reviews for aspiring artists
· Fan panels for all aspects of the show (Comics, Anime, Animation, Sci-Fi etc.)
· Industry panels for breaking into Comics, Anime, Animation etc…
· The FSC Costume Competition (with over $3,000 in cash and prizes)
· The FSC Cosplay Skit Contest
· Rumble Roses Cosplay Wrestling
· The Otaku Insomnia Rave
· Cosplay Deviant’s Hentai Cafe
· Cosplay RockBand
· Supercon Championship Wrestling’s “Supercon Mania!”
· The Smash Brothers 3000 Super Show
· Filmmaking workshops with Hershell Gordon Lewis
· The FSC Film Festival
· Live Musical Performances
· Live stand up comedy
· Over 100 video game stations
· Video game tournaments
· A 50,000 square feet exhibition room with over 400 booths and tables featuring vendors, celebrity guests, artists, filmmakers and exhibits.
Complete information on these and dozens of more events taking place all weekend can be found at www.supercon.tv
The convention hours of operation are:
FRIDAY, JUNE 18: 12:00PM – 2:00AM
SATURDAY, JUNE 19: 11:00AM – 2:00AM
SUNDAY, JUNE 20: 11:00AM – 6:00PM
FSC is located at The Double Tree Miami Airport Hotel and Convention Center,
711 NW 72nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126. Discounted room rates for convention are available. See our website www.supercon.tv for details.