Bill Nye the Science Guy and Eugene Mirman appear at the Curran on Thursday, January 12th at 7:30 PM for StarTalk LIVE!
Science meets comedy onstage at StarTalk Live!, the StarTalk Radio road show that’s entertaining and educating sold-out audiences around the country!
Just like the award-winning podcast and radio show, StarTalk Live! explores current events from the frontiers of science; and includes scientists, celebrities and comedians as featured guests. StarTalk Live! stage performances are hosted by either Neil deGrasse Tyson or Bill Nye the Science Guy, and are co-hosted by comedian Eugene Mirman. Each live show bridges the intersection between pop culture and science with clarity, humor and passion, covering captivating subjects like space travel, human intelligence, sex, extraterrestrial life, the Big Bang, the future of our Earth and the environment.
StarTalk Live! gets its DNA from “StarTalk Radio,” the iTunes chart-topping radio show/podcast hosted by Neil deGrasse Tyson. “StarTalk” is also an Emmy-nominated television show in its second season on the National Geographic Channel.
StarTalk Live! is co-produced by Curved Light Productions and Pretty Good Friends. $30 – $50 (Note: Ticket price as listed on sfcurran.com includes all service and facility fees)
Presented as part of SF Sketchfest! It’s the city’s greatest comedy festival, with a variety of sketch and improv, film and television tributes and reunions, solo performers, podcasts and stand-up comedy performers. See the greatest names live and in person!
445 Geary St, San Francisco, CA 94102
Awesome Con Announces Full Schedule of Events
Over 200 Hours of Diverse Panels, Talks, Screenings & Workshops Fill the Walter E. Washington Convention Center June 3-5
Washington DC (May 25, 2016) – Awesome Con, Washington DC’s Comic Con, is proud to announce its full lineup of programming, including talks from celebrity guests Peter Capaldi, Kevin Smith, John Barrowman, and the cast of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.; scientific lectures with engineers, experts, astronauts, and Bill Nye the Science Guy; family workshops covering arts, crafts, comics, and literacy; and interactive activities including Sci-Fi Speed Dating, costume contests, and tabletop gaming.
“I’m very excited by everything we’re showcasing this year,” shared Awesome Con founder Ben Penrod. “We’ve got over ten rooms running non-stop with panels and special events, covering everything from comics, video games, movies, and books, to anime, toys, and cosplay. No matter what makes you geek out, we’ve got it!”
Awesome Con takes place June 3-5 in the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, with events running each day from morning to night. For Awesome Con’s full schedule, please visit awesome-con.com/schedule and see below for select highlights.
Celebrity & Comic Guests
Learn what makes Awesome Con’s biggest guests tick with talks from the stars behind fan-favorite TV shows, movies, and comic books.
- Peter Capaldi (2:30 PM – June 5 – Hall D) The current Doctor in Doctor Who comes to Awesome Con all the way from the UK to talk about his role in the iconic series.
- John Barrowman (3 PM – June 4 – Hall D) Whether he’s in BBC’s Torchwood, CW’s Arrow, or the British stage, Barrowman is a showstopper. Find out why at Awesome Con.
- Adam West & Burt Ward (1:15 PM – June 4 – Hall D) The stars of 1966’s Batman series speak about their careers and the classic series’ lengthy legacy.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (12:30 PM – June 4 – Room 146) Brett Dalton and Elizabeth Henstridge talk about their hit series, just after the shocking season finale.
- Karl Urban (5 PM – June 4 – Room 146) Urban plays McCoy in the upcoming Star Trek Beyond and was recently cast in Thor: Ragnarok. Learn what’s next for this rising star.
- Tom King (12:30 PM – June 5 – Room 152) Following a career in the CIA, King started penning comics – and is now writing Batman. Hear about his unique career firsthand.
- Paranormal Lockdown (1:30 PM – June 4 – Room 145B) Paranormal all-star Nick Groff and ghost hunter Katrina Weidman discuss their hit Destination America series.
- A Haunting (4 PM – June 4 – Room 145B) Tony Call goes behind the scenes of this Destination America series, shot entirely in DC, Virginia, and Maryland.
Stay up late at Awesome Con with two extra special evening events, and grab premium tickets including autographs with their stars.
- Kevin Smith (7 PM – June 3 – Hall D) The prolific, actor, comedian, comic writer, author, and podcaster comes to DC for an evening of candid stories and laughs.
- Eugene Mirman (8 PM – June 4 – Room 152) Brooklyn comedian and the voice of Gene in Bob’s Burgers, Eugene Mirman brings his unique comedy show to Awesome Con.
Awesome Con’s Science Fair presented by Science Channel features three days of lectures, workshops, and discussions with scientists from Science Channel, NASA, the Smithsonian, and more.
- StarTalk Live! (12 PM – June 5 – Hall D) Bill Nye and Eugene Mirman co-host StarTalk Live!, a talk show blending science and comedy with acclaimed special guests.
- Exoplanets: Stranger than Fiction (5 PM – June 3 – Room 145A) A panel of NASA scientists discuss planets depicted in science fiction and how our knowledge of planets in our solar system – and beyond – present a picture stranger than fiction.
- 3D Bioprinting: Moving Beyond Cyborgs (12:30 PM – June 4 – Room 145A) In this panel, organized by NationOfMakers.org, engineers explain the cutting-edge research that may someday replace mechanical implants with engineered human tissue.
- Mars: Past, Present, and Future (7 PM – June 4 – Room 145A) Scientists talk about searching the Martian surface for clues about the possibility of life and how astronauts might someday explore the Mars on foot.
- Outrageous Acts of Science (1:45 PM – June 4 – Room 145A) Join Science Channel as they celebrate their hit series Outrageous Acts of Science with some of the greatest (and most hilarious) scientific minds.
Check out the Kids Zone on the Awesome Con show floor, filled with events and activities for little ones. Admission for kids under 10 is free.
- Say Yes To Capes (6 PM – June 3 – Kids Zone) Personalize your own cape and mask and wear it around the con.
- Scribble Scramble (3 PM – June 4 – Kids Zone) Kids and artists compete in a series of rapid fire drawing challenges.
- Make Your Own Superhero Symbol (4 PM – June 4 – Kids Zone) Artist Carolyn Belefski helps kids create their own superhero symbols unique to their interests.
- Making Mini-Comics (3 PM – June 5 – Kids Zone) Comic creator Laura Lee Gulledge helps kids write and draw their very own comic books.
Interactive & Nerdy
Beyond talks from celebrities and scientists, Awesome Con offers a wealth of interactive entertainment connecting fans with fellow fans.
- Sci-Fi Speed Dating (Multiple Times – June 3-5 – Room 140) Looking for that special someone to spend New Comic Book Day with? Grab a spot at Sci-Fi Speed Dating.
- The Backlot (All Day – June 3-5 – Exhibit Hall) Hold Captain America’s actual shield, snap a photo with a reproduction Batmobile, and check out larger than life props.
- Tabletop Gaming (All Day – June 3-5 – Salons A-C) From Magic: The Gathering to Cards Against Humanity, play non-stop in the Foam Brain Games Tabletop Room.
- Artemis Bridge (All Day – June 3-5 – Salon F) Ever fancied yourself a Starfleet commander? Live the dream in the live-action starship roleplaying experience.
- Costume Contests (Multiple Times – June 4-5 – Hall D) Awesome Con offers attendees two chances to strut their stuff on stage, with prizes from Cosplay by McCall’s, Capture Me in 3D, Funimation, HERO HAIR: Cosplay Wigs for the Serious Adventurer, and Kotobukiya.
About Awesome Con
Awesome Con is the biggest annual comic and pop culture convention in Washington DC and welcomed over 40,000 attendees in 2015. Awesome Con celebrates all aspects of geekdom and pop culture, with a wide assortment of engaging events, comic books, collectibles, toys, games, original art, cosplay, and more. 2016 marks Awesome Con’s first year in partnership with LeftField Media, an event organizer developed by the founder of New York Comic Con.
Comments Off on MA – Pretty Good Friends
Eugene Mirman, Jon Glaser, H. Jon Benjamin, Maeve Higgins, Dan Boulger, and more appear at the Shubert Theater on Friday April 17th at 8:00 PM as part of the Eugene Mirman Comedy Festival! Get tickets at the link!
Pretty Good Friends is a Brooklyn-based comedy collective created by long-time collaborators Eugene Mirman and Julie Smith Clem. Their eponymous standup comedy show is hosted by Eugene Mirman, and features his funniest and most talented friends. Pretty Good Friends has appeared at SF Sketchfest, SXSW, Just For Laughs and had its own 10-night run at the Soho Theater in London, as well as its own tour in the U.S. The show was named “New York’s Best Indie Comedy Night” by New York Magazine, who called it: “The best mix of format and talent for a comedy show… screwball stand-up, stories, skits, and short films.”
265 Tremont Street Boston, MA 02116
January 22, 2015 by Colin Solan
Filed under Animation, District of Columbia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Other, Pennsylvania, Science Fiction and Fantasy, Signing and Appearance Profiles, Television, Top Stories, Wisconsin
Comments Off on Bob’s Burgers LIVE on Tour
Bob’s Burgers, the smash-hit animated fan favorite with a devoted cult following, will be bringing their brand of humor to the stage with an all new completely LIVE show. Bob’s Burgers LIVE features individual stand-up performances from the cast, exclusive clips from the TV show, audience Q&As, a table read from the show scripts with each cast member in character, as well as a very special video treat you can only see in person.
By purchasing a Bob’s Burgers Live VIP package you get to meet the cast members of Bob’s Burgers and receive exclusive VIP merchandise, such as a Bob’s Burgers t-shirt, water bottle, custom poster and more!
Join this hilarious cast for an experience you won’t forget.
VIP pre-sales begin on 1/20 at 10am local venue time. Get tickets at the link!
*VIP upgrades do not include a ticket to Bob’s Burgers live. If you do not purchase a ticket to Bob’s Burgers live, you will not be admitted into the VIP event.
The current cities on the tour are:
March 19: Minneapolis, MN
March 20: Chicago, IL
March 21: Milwaukee, WI
March 22: Detroit, MI
March 25: Washington, D.C.
March 26: Upper Darby, PA
March 27: New York, NY
March 28: Boston, MA
Comments Off on 20th Century Fox TV Announces SDCC 2013 Panel Lineup
According to The Hollywood Reporter: “Fox is expanding to a two-story booth on the convention center floor, where talent from the 11 series will rotate through for signings and other activities.”
Thursday, July 18
Murder Police: Panelists include creators David Goodman and Jason Ruiz, as well as voice talent Will Sasso, Chi McBride, Peter Atencio and Justina Machado.
Friday, July 19
Sleepy Hollow: EPs Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci (Fringe) and Len Wiseman will unveil the new project with an exclusive, world premiere screening of the Pilot followed by a Q&A with fans featuring series lead Tom Mison and Nicole Beharie.
Bones: Creator and ep Hart Hanson, ep Stephen Nathan and star David Boreanaz all return with unseen footage and a Q&A session.
Bob’s Burgers: The entire cast, featuring H. Jon Benjamin, Dan Mintz, Eugene Mirman, John Roberts, Kristen Schaal and Larry Murphy, will be on hand for the screening and panel.
Brickleberry: A full new episode of season two will debut with an intro from creators and eps Waco O’Guin and Roger Black.
Saturday, July 20
How I Met Your Mother: The very Con-friendly cast — Josh Radnor (Happythankyoumoreplease), Cobie Smulders (The Avengers), Jason Segel (Freaks and Geeks), Neil Patrick Harris (Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog), Alyson Hannigan (Buffy The Vampire Slayer) — join the eps for their first ever panel.
Futurama: Most of the voice cast from the series will be on hand to discuss the resurrected (and re-canceled) cartoon and introduce scenes from the upcoming “Last Episode Ever.”
The Simpsons: The 25-year-old cartoon promises never-before-seen footage from guest director Guillermo del Toro, among other things.
Family Guy: A season 12 preview is on the schedule, along with Seth Green, Alex Borstein and surprise guests.
American Dad: The American Dad panel will include world premiere of a song from the never-before-seen Christmas episode.
Sunday, July 21
Sons of Anarchy: Creator Kurt Sutter and stars Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal, Ron Perlman, Maggie Siff, Kim Coates, Mark Boone Junior, Tommy Flanagan, Theo Rossi, Dayton Callie and Jimmy Smits are all on board for the closing day panel.
Comments Off on 20th Century Fox TV Schedule for SDCC 2011 Announced
THURSDAY, JULY 21:
Napoleon Dynamite: Original cast members from the hit indie film, Jon Heder,Tina Majorino, Efren Ramirez, Jon Gries, Sandy Martin, Diedrich Bader and Executive Producer Mike Scully (The Simpsons) present a new series following your favorite awkward teenager like you’ve never seen him before – animated! Join us for a sneak peek at never-before-seen footage of the newest member of FOX’s Animation Domination lineup and a “sweet” Q&A session.
Awake: Since the trailer was unveiled at NBC’s upfront presentation in New York, this spellbinding sci-fi drama about the power of the mind from the brilliant creators Howard Gordon(24) and Kyle Killen (The Beaver) has been one of the most eagerly anticipated series of the 2011-12 season. While most viewers will have to wait months to sample this series about a detective Jason Isaacs (Harry Potter) desperately straddling two realities as he copes with immeasurable grief, Comic-con fans will get an exclusive first look at the entire first episode of the series, and an audience with Gordon, Killen and star Isaacs.
FRIDAY, JULY 22:
Bones: Creator/Executive Producer Hart Hanson, Executive Producer Stephen Nathan and Stars David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel will be on hand to discuss the shocking finale of Bones season 6 as well as what’s in store for Booth and Brennan in an exciting season 7! Hart Hanson will also introduce the audience to the stars of The Finder, his new Fox series premiering in January, followed by fan Q&A.
Bob’s Burgers: Creator/Executive Producer Loren Bouchard and Executive Producer Jim Dauterive and Bob’s Burgers cast H. Jon Benjamin, John Roberts, Dan Mintz, Eugene Mirman and Kristen Schaal, will be on hand to entertain animation fans with hilarious never-before-seen clips from season two followed by a fan Q&A.
SATURDAY, JULY 23:
Terra Nova: Star Stephen Lang (Avatar), executive producer Rene Echevarria (Castle, Medium, The 4400, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), executive producer Brannon Braga (24, Star Trek: Enterprise) and co-executive producer Jose Molina will finally unveil this epic adventure series 85 million years in the making, set to premiere this September on Fox. This new event drama from the brilliant minds of Steven Spielberg (Jurassic Park, The Pacific) and Peter Chernin follows an ordinary family on an extraordinary journey back in time to prehistoric Earth as a part of a massive expedition to save the human race.
Futurama is back! Again!!! On stage will be Creator/Executive Producer Matt Groening, Executive Producer David X. Cohen, and stars Billy West (Fry, Professor Farnsworth, Dr. Zoidberg), Katey Sagal (Leela), John DiMaggio (Bender), and Maurice LaMarche (Kif Kroker, Calculon, Morbo). Get a sneak peek at never-before-seen footage of Futurama reincarnated as Japanese anime, along with a thrilling preview of this summer’s all-new season on Comedy Central. Plus more! Much more! Moderated by Bill Morrison.
The Simpsons: Now entering its record-annihilating 23rd season on Fox, and airing its landmark 500th episode on February 19, 2012, The Simpsons has won 27 Emmy awards, was the subject of an international film smash in 2007, inspired a ride you ride again at Universal Studios, and Homer Simpson was named the greatest television character of the last 20 years by Entertainment Weekly. Get an insight into the daily doings of this series from Creator Matt Groening, Showrunner Al Jean, Co-Executive Producer Rob Lazebnik, Co-Executive Producer Matt Warburton, Supervising Producer Mike Anderson and Producer/Panel Moderator Tom Gammill.
Family Guy: Join Alex Borstein, Seth Green, Adam West (Batman) and executive producers Mark Hentemann, Steve Callaghan and Kara Vallow for a sneak peek at the all-new episode “Stewie Goes For A Drive” featuring voice guest star Ryan Reynolds followed by a Q&A session with the audience.
American Dad: Catch a preview of the season seven premiere of American Dad, featuring guest star Cee-Lo Green as a signing hot tub, followed by a Q&A with cast members Wendy Schaal, Scott Grimes, Rachael MacFarlane and Dee Bradley Baker and executive producers Mike Barker, Matt Weitzman and Kara Vallow.
SUNDAY, JULY 24:
GLEE: Join Creator/Executive Producer Ryan Murphy and Creator/Executive Producer Brad Falchuk and stars of the sensation Glee for a tuneful sneak peek at never-before-seen footage and behind-the-scenes secrets, followed by a Q&A session in which fans can ask everything they ever wanted to know about the Golden Globe winning musical series hot off its blockbuster international concert tour.
Allen Gregory: Join Creator/Executive Producer and star Jonah Hill (Superbad, Get Him to the Greek) Showrunner David Goodman (Family Guy), and Creators/Executive Producers Andrew Mogel and Jarrad Paul along with an all-star voice cast for a sneak peek at FOX’s new animated series that tells the story of the most pretentious 7-year-old of our time. Glimpse exclusive Allen Gregoryanimation followed by a fan Q&A session.
The Cleveland Show: Join the cast and executive producers for a look at The Cleveland Show’s not-to-be-missed parody of Die Hard followed by a discussion with panelists Mike Henry, Sanaa Lathan, Kevin Michael Richardson,Reagan Gomez, Rich Appel and Kara Vallow.