WonderCon officially kicks off in Anaheim, CA tomorrow!
If you’re heading to the pop culture event this weekend, stop by the DC Entertainment Booth (#401) to say hello! Be sure to attend the fantastic panels and creator signings we’ll be hosting throughout the weekend. And don’t forget to pick up some exclusives.
Take a look at the panel and signing schedule* below, so you don’t miss a thing. Or download the DC Entertainment Events App on Apple’s App Store or the Google Play Store to stay up to speed on all DC Entertainment happenings.
Hope to see you there!
Friday, April 18TH
12:30-1:30pm – Creator Signing
Talent: TEEN TITANS GO! (Cast Signing)
1:00-2:00pm DC Entertainment – ALL ACCESS
Panelist(s): Mike Cotton, Shelly Bond, Jim Chadwick
Moderator(s): John Cunningham
Talent: Jim Lee
At DC Entertainment, there’s never been a better time to be a fan! Come by for unfiltered access to all things DC Entertainment! Find out what some of DC’s biggest names have to share from behind-the-scenes! Joining the All-Media party will be some of the industry’s top talents, so don’t miss out!
3:30-4:30pm – Creator Signing
Talent: SON OF BATMAN (Cast Signing)
4:00-5:00pm DC COMICS – Batman
Moderator(s): Larry Ganem
Talent: Marc Andreyko, Brian Buccellato, Francis Manapul, Gail Simone
Batman’s crusade against the corrupt and evil has permeated across the DC Universe and beyond! Join some of the hottest creators who are behind the Dark Knight for an exclusive look at what’s in store for the World’s Greatest Detective! There has never been a better time to walk the streets of Gotham City!
5:00-6:00pm – Creator Signing
Talent: Tony Daniel, Cliff Chiang, Gail Simone
6:00-7:00pm – Creator Signing
Talent: Robert Venditti, Brett Booth
6:00-8:00pm World Premiere: SON OF BATMAN
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, DC Entertainment, and Warner Bros. Animation present the World Premiere of Son of Batman, the landmark 20th entry in the ongoing series of DC Universe Animated Original Movies. In the film, Batman learns he has a son, Damian-and to further complicate matters, the mother is Talia al Ghul, daughter of one of Batman’s most dreaded enemies, Ra’s al Ghul. When the odds quickly turn against Batman and Damian, Batman must become both father and mentor to the aggressive, agile new Robin. Together they form an uneasy alliance to try and thwart the criminal enterprise of Deathstroke and his army of ninja man-bats before there are international consequences. Be among the first to see this new film, then stay for a star-studded panel led by the voice of Batman, Jason O’Mara (Terra Nova, Life on Mars), producer James Tucker (Justice League: War), director Ethan Spaulding (The Simpsons, Avatar: The Last Airbender), dialogue director Andrea Romano (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns), character designer Phil Bourassa (Justice League: War), and some special guests. Based on Grant Morrison’s famed DC storyline, Son of Batman arrives May 6 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and Digital HD.
Saturday, April 19th
10:30-11:30am – Creator Signing
Talent: Bernard Chang, Brett Booth
12:00-1:00pm – Creator Signing
Talent: Francis Manapul, Brian Buccellato
1:30-2:30pm – Creator Signing
Talent: Cliff Chiang, Kyle Higgins
3:00-4:00pm – Creator Signing
Talent: Marv Wolfman, Yanick Paquette
3:00-4:00pm DC COMICS – THE NEW 52
Panelist(s): Mike Cotton
Moderator(s): John Cunningham
Talent: Brett Booth, Bernard Chang, Cliff Chiang, Tony Daniel, Francis Manapul, Robert Venditti
New and veteran fans alike are welcomed to be a part of history as the DC team and top-notch talent discuss the books that are shaping this new era of DC Comics! Don’t miss this exclusive look inside the hottest comic line in decades!
4:00-5:00pm – Creator Signing
Talent: Gail Simone
4:00-5:00pm Batman 75th Anniversary
Moderator(s): John Cunningham
Talent: Kevin Conroy, Ralph Garman, Peter Girardi, Jim Lee, Kevin Smith, Bruce Timm
Throughout his 75 year history, the Dark Knight has become one of the most popular and widely recognized super heroes in the world. From comics to TV to movies to video games, the World’s Greatest Detective has permeated all entertainment mediums and beyond. Come by for a look at Batman’s rich history and what the future holds this pop culture icon!
5:00-6:00pm DC Comics – Green Lantern: A Universe at War!
Moderator(s): Larry Ganem
Talent: Bernard Chang, Robert Venditti
The cosmic uprising has begun and it is the Green Lantern Corps vs the entire universe! Come by as the creators behind the Corps shed light on the events that have sent shock waves across the different Lantern Corps and beyond!
5:30-6:30pm – Creator Signing
Talent: Jim Lee, Chris Conroy
Sunday, April 20th
11:30am-12:30pm – Creator Signing
Talent: Brian Buccellato, Francis Manapul
2:00-3:00pm DC ENTERTAINMENT 101: Essentials
Panelist(s): Mike Cotton
Moderator(s): John Cunningham
DC Comics’ backlist is full of the most exciting stories ever told! New fans and veteran fans alike are welcome for an in-depth tutorial on the essential stories and products that make up DC Entertainment’s rich history. Room 300AB
2:30-3:30pm – Creator Signing
Talent: Robert Venditti, Bernard Chang
3:30-4:30pm ART MASTERS: DRAWING DC
Moderator(s): Larry Ganem
Talent: Tony Daniel, Francis Manapul, Yanick Paquette
DC Entertainment is proud to have some of the most immensely talented artists working in comics today. Join us for a unique look into their visual approach in shaping some of your favorite books!
WonderCon takes place April 18-20 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California.
*Signing schedule and panelists are subject to change.
ThunderCats, one of the most beloved cartoons of the 1980s and a continuing cultural force, comes to Cartoon Network in an all-new contemporary reimagining of the iconic animated series. Set as an epic tale, ThunderCats tells the story of a hero’s journey to fulfill his ultimate destiny. The series begins with an hour-long special premiere event on Friday, July 29, at 8 p.m. (ET, PT). Following the premiere, the show will air regularly on Cartoon Network Friday nights at 8:30 p.m. (ET, PT) beginning August 5.
Thunder, Thunder, ThunderCats! Ho!! On Third Earth, the kingdom of Thundera is being threatened by the evil sorcerer Mumm-Ra, and Lion-O, the young heir to the throne, embarks on a great quest to take his rightful place as king. The unlikely champion must work with his faithful comrades Tygra, Cheetara, Panthro, WilyKit, WilyKat, and his loyal pet, Snarf, who join him on his journey to save their world from darkness. From Warner Bros. Animation (WBA), ThunderCats is executive produced by Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, The Looney Tunes Show), with Michael Jelenic (Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Wonder Woman) and Ethan Spaulding (Avatar: The Last Airbender) producing.
To celebrate the premiere, ThunderCats will have a significant presence at Comic-Con International: San Diego. A panel scheduled for 3:30 p.m. on Friday, July 22 in room 6A will include an exclusive screening of the hour-long series premiere. Producers Michael Jelenic, Ethan Spaulding and art director Dan Norton will participate in a subsequent panel discussion and answer questions from fans. Coinciding with Comic-Con, Cartoon Network will also air nine episodes from the classic ThunderCats series over the weekend of July 23. Boomerang will also host a classic ThunderCats marathon on July 16 and 17 and air the series every day at 5 p.m. starting Monday, July 18.
Cartoon Network digital adds to the ThunderCats experience with online content including the free game, “Thundera Run,” launching on CartoonNetwork.com July 18. Additionally, a free “Party Pack” from Warner Bros Animation will be available for download and will include everything a true fan needs to host the ultimate ThunderCats viewing party.
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in more than 99 million U.S. homes and 166 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s ad-supported cable service now available in HD offering the best in original, acquired and classic entertainment for youth and families. Nightly from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. (ET, PT), Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animated and live-action comedy programming for young adults 18-34.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.
29 DAYS, 23 HOURS, 15 MINUTES AND COUNTING…WARNER BROS. TELEVISION GROUP ANNOUNCES SCHEDULE FOR COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO
Stars and Producers of “The Big Bang Theory,” “Chuck,” “Fringe,” “Nikita,” “Supernatural,” “The Vampire Diaries,” “Alcatraz,” “Person of Interest,” “The Secret Circle,” “Childrens Hospital,” “Green Lantern: The Animated Series,” “The Looney Tunes Show,” “MAD,” “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated,” “ThunderCats” and “Young Justice” To Appear
Warner Bros. Entertainment’s Nearly 3,000-Square-Foot Booth to Host Signings, Special Events, Digitally Driven Fan Giveaways and More
BURBANK, Calif. (June 21, 2011, 10:45 AM PT: 29 days, 23 hours, 15 minutes until #WBSDCC) — The clock is ticking, and Comic-Con is right around the corner! By bringing 16 series to Comic-Con International: San Diego, Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) further strengthens its presence at the world’s leading pop culture convention — and will deliver a one-of-a-kind experience for fans in the process. The anticipation is building as a star-studded lineup of performers and producers from Warner Bros. Television and Warner Bros. Animation series prepare for a robust schedule of panel sessions, screenings, media appearances and autograph signings.
- For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter@TheWBdotcom, hashtag #WBSDCC, and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon
- For a complete social media contact list, including official Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for WBTVG series, talent and producers, download the social media contacts page here:www.thewb.com/comiccon/2011WBSDCCSocialMedia
PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change.
- “The Big Bang Theory”: Stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch join creators/executive producers Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady, and executive producer Steven Molaro
- “Chuck”: Stars Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Joshua Gomez, Ryan McPartlin, Mark Christopher Lawrence, Vik Sahay, Scott Krinsky with Sarah Lancaster and Adam Baldwin join co-creator/executive producer Chris Fedak for a panel to discuss the fan-favorite spy series’ final season
- “Fringe”: Stars Anna Torv, Lance Reddick, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole and John Noble join executive producers Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman
- “Nikita”: Stars Maggie Q, Shane West and Lyndsy Fonseca join executive producer Craig Silverstein
- “Supernatural”: Series stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles will topline the panel, held this year for the first time ever in Hall H. Additional cast members and executive producers to be announced.
- “The Vampire Diaries”: Stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Candice Accola and Joseph Morgan join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec
- “Childrens Hospital”: Star/executive producer Rob Corddry and executive producers Jonathan Stern join stars Malin Akerman, Lake Bell, Erinn Hayes, Rob Huebel and Megan Mullally
- “Alcatraz”: Stars Sarah Jones and Jorge Garcia join executive producer Elizabeth Sarnoff
- “Person of Interest”: Stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson and Taraji P. Henson join executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman
- “The Secret Circle”: Stars Britt Robertson, Thomas Dekker, Phoebe Tonkin and Natasha Henstridge join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson, Andrew Miller and Richard Hatem
WARNER BROS. ANIMATION
- “Green Lantern: The Animated Series”: Executive producer Bruce Timm will join producer Giancarlo Volpe and producer/story editor Jim Krieg for a panel moderated by executive producer/Warner Bros. Animation’s Sam Register
- “The Looney Tunes Show”: Supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone, story editor Hugh Davidson and writer Rachel Ramras
- “MAD”: “MAD” television show producers Kevin Shinick and Mark Marek, along with MADmagazine editor John Ficarra, art director Sam Viviano and “Spy vs. Spy” artist Peter Kuper
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: Supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone and producer Mitch Watson
- “ThunderCats”: Producers Michael Jelenic and Ethan Spaulding, and art director Dan Norton
- “Young Justice”: Producers Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman, and lead character designer Phil Bourassa
Download additional panel details, including the complete schedule with times and locations, here:www.thewb.com/comiccon/2011WBSDCCPanels
And it wouldn’t be Comic-Con without a visit to the Warner Bros. booth. The Studio will once again have a can’t-miss, nearly 3,000-square-foot destination on the convention floor, at space #4545. Anchored by the iconic Warner Bros. Water Tower, the booth is a must-visit location for autograph signings, multiple interactive kiosks for fans to play video games from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, and much, much more. Stay tuned to @TheWBdotcom on Twitter orwww.thewb.com/comiccon in the coming weeks for more details about activities at the booth.
SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK PILOT SCREENINGS
WEDNESDAY, JULY 20 • 6–9 PM • BALLROOM 20
WBTVG continues its Comic-Con tradition of hosting a special sneak peek premiere event on preview night. This year, the Studio is offering fans the opportunity to see some of the most anticipated new premieres of the year.
- “Alcatraz”: Executive producers J.J. Abrams and Elizabeth Sarnoff deliver a chilling new midseason drama for FOX revolving around America’s most infamous prison, the one-time home to the nation’s worst murderers, rapists, kidnappers, thieves and arsonists.
- “The Secret Circle”: The ordinary becomes extraordinary in this romantic drama about a coven of young witches, from “The Vampire Diaries” executive producer Kevin Williamson, based upon the book series by L.J. Smith (“The Vampire Diaries”).
- “Person of Interest”: From J.J. Abrams and “The Dark Knight” co-writer Jonathan Nolan comes an action-packed hour for CBS about an ex-CIA operative and a mysterious billionaire who team up to stop violent crimes before they happen in New York City.
- “Supernatural: The Anime Series”: The popular series “Supernatural” makes history this summer as the first-ever live-action show to be re-imagined in Japanese anime style. Renowned animation studio Madhouse — working with the full approval of series creator Eric Kripke — produced the anime series, which mirrors the story arc of “Supernatural’s” first two seasons, providing supplemental stories ranging from prequels and spin-offs to untold tales that fit within the “Supernatural” mythology.
THE TV SERIES SCHEDULE
FRIDAY, JULY 22
- “MAD”: 10:00–11:00 a.m., Room 25ABC
- “The Big Bang Theory”: 12:30–1:30 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Childrens Hospital”: 1:30–2:20 p.m., Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- “Green Lantern: The Animated Series”: 2:00–3:00 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “ThunderCats”: 3:30–4:30 p.m., Room 6A
SATURDAY, JULY 23
- “Chuck”: 10:00–10:45 a.m., Ballroom 20
- “The Vampire Diaries”: 3:30–4:15 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Fringe”: 4:15–5:00 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Alcatraz”: 5:00–6:00 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “The Secret Circle”: 5:10–6:00 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “Nikita”: 6:00–6:45 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “Person of Interest”: 6:45–7:30 p.m., Room 6BCF
SUNDAY, JULY 24
- “Young Justice”: 10:00–11:00 a.m., Room 7AB
- “Supernatural”: 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m., Hall H
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: 1:00–2:00 p.m., Room 6A
- “The Looney Tunes Show”: 2:15–3:15 p.m., Room 6A
First official images from the new ThunderCats series have been released by Warner Bros. Animation:
Roaring to life through WBA and Studio4°C’s use of the Japanese animated artistry of anime, ThunderCats characters Lion-O, Mumm-Ra, Panthro, Cheetara and others will spring off the screen with realistic cat-like characteristics inconceivable in previous incarnations.
The new ThunderCats will appeal to viewers who have loved the characters all their lives as well as young newcomers to the franchise. A sweeping tale combining swords and science and boasting ferocious battles with the highest of stakes, the grand origin story of Prince Lion-O’s ascension to the throne – and of those who would thwart his destiny at any cost – takes on epic dimensions in this sharp new telling. As the forces of good and evil battle each other in the quest for the fabled Stones of Power, Lion-O and his champions learn valuable lessons of loyalty, honor and mortality in every episode.
ThunderCats is executive produced by Sam Register (“Teen Titans,” “Ben 10,” “Batman: The Brave and the Bold”). Michael Jelenic (“Batman: The Brave and the Bold,” “Wonder Woman”) and Ethan Spaulding (“Avatar: The Last Airbender”) are the producers.