Comments Off on MegaCon Announces Initial 2012 Guest Lineup Including Kate Mulgrew
ORLANDO MEGACON ANNOUNCES INITIAL 2012 GUEST LINEUP
MegaCon, the largest comic book, anime, gaming and multi media event in the Southeast, is pleased to make its initial announcement of guests. MegaCon will take place February 17th – 19th, 2012 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL.
MegaCon is proud to announce the appearance of Kate Mulgrew who played Captain Kathryn Janeway from the TV series Star Trek: Voyager
Comic book guests include: Tony Bedard, Dennis Calero, Nick Cardy, Frank Cho, Amanda Conner, Daxiong, Dan DiDio, Chuck Dixon, Paul Gulacy, Cully Hamner, Phil Hester, Rob Hunter, Dan Jurgens, Barbara Kesel, Pablo Marcos, Phil Noto, Jimmy Palmiotti, Dan Parent, Paul Pelletier, Brandon Peterson, Stephane Roux, Frank Tieri, Tim Townsend, Billy Tucci, Ethan Van Sciver, Zeb Wells
Media guests include stars from Star Trek, Warehouse 13, Vampire Diaries, Star Wars, Babylon 5, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Stargate, Robot Chicken and Ghost Hunters International. These stars include: Kate Mulgrew, Brent Spiner, Eddie McClintok, Sal Runbinek, Tia Carrere, David Anders, Joseph Morgan, Laura Cohan, David Prowse, Daniel Logan, Richard LeParmetier, Peter Mayhew, Valerie Perrine, Bruce Boxleitner, Stephen Furst, Peter Jurasik, Corin Nemec, Tony Amendola, Paul McGillion, Scott Tepperman, and Nicholas Brendon.
Live Music on all three days by popular Celtic Band: Emerald Rose.
Other events include: children events provided by the Skiffytown Heroes, paint and take room, RPG gaming events, anime events, LAN room, belly dancing, Indy Film Festival, movie trailers screening room, Saturday evening dance, late night adult only dance, and professional panel room.
The MegaCon guest list is constantly growing. Check www.MegaConvention.com frequently for more updates.
Comments Off on Great Comic Book Adventure at New Jersey Six Flags May 29th
The Great Comic Book Adventure-the first comicon ever held at Six Flags Great Adventure-will be taking place this Sunday, May 29th from 10:30-8:00.
Admission is free with paid admission to the park. Use the following link to get a ticket to both the theme park and safari park for only $28.99.
They’ll have dealers with everything from bargain comics to Golden Age keys.
The costume contest has been canceled (Please do NOT come in costume), The events scheduled so far include:
12:00 “Comic Book School” with writer and publisher Buddy Scalera-Find out how a comic book is created from start to finish.
1:00 Chuck Rozanski-the owner of Mile High Comics and largest comic book dealer in the world will tell the incredible story of how he found the most valuable comic book collection ever… followed by a Q&A.
2:00 A “no minimum bid” auction to benefit The Childrens’ Miracle Network. Great deals for a great cause.
3:00 Find out what it’s like to be the only blind comic book dealer in the world when we interview Adam Cerniglia.
4:00 What’s a “Web Comic”? Danielle O’Brien and Bill Ellis, the creators of “All New Issues” will tell you!
Artists including Neal Adams, Irwin Hasen, Sean Chen, Lee Weeks, Daxiong, Doug Baron and Glenn Whitmore will be available at various times throughout the day for signing and sketching. (Additional events including some of these creators may be added during the course of the day as their comfort levels and customer activity allows.)
For more info contact John Paul at email@example.com or go to www.njcomicbookshows.com or Facebook: NJ Comic Book Shows
The Super Mega Fest takes place this weekend and is shaping up to be New England’s Premier Multimedia Extravaganza. Some of the show’s fantastic highlights include a very rare appearance by Christopher Lloyd in celebration of Back To the Future’s 25th anniversary.
Other top guests who will appear this weekend include Linda Blair, the stars of the The Boondock Saints, Kristin Bauer (True Blood), Marina Sirtis (Star Trek), Peter Tork, Rick Derringer, and comic artists Daxiong & John Hebert.
The Super Mega Fest continues to grow and features a Boondock Saints party Saturday night, all-star concert, and thousands of fans who always come out in force to have a good time party or wear a fantastic costume. Dont miss the excitement this weekend.
For more info http://www.supermegafest.com/
Comments Off on Florida Supercon 2010 Adds Over 30 New Guests
FLORIDA SUPERCON 2010
FSC is 18 days away! Over 30 New Comic Book, Cosplay, Music, Wrestling and Media Guests announced for June 18-20, 2010 show
Plus: FSC’s very first variant comic books announced!
Miami, FL – Florida Supercon continues to grow! Florida’s most exciting and fun genre convention continues to add more guests and events for the 5th annual Florida Supercon, set to occur June 18-20, 2010 in Miami, FL. Over thirty new guests have been added from the worlds of Comic Books, Cosplay, Music, Horror, Video Games and Wrestling with more still to be announced as we get closer to the show!
Florida Supercon (FSC) is South Florida’s Comic Book, Anime, Animation, Video Game and Sci-Fi / Fantasy Festival, a three day festival that includes celebrity guests, comic book publishers, artists, writers, vendors, Q&A’s, parties, costume contests, anime programming, cosplay, panels, photo shoots, live music, video games and more. The event kicks off at 12:00PM, Friday, June 18 and the fun continues almost around the clock until 6:00PM, Sunday, June 20. FSC returns to Miami for its 5th year as it takes over almost 150,0000 square feet at the Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel and Convention Center to become the largest genre convention in the history of South Florida! Over 200 guests will be in attendance at the event.
New comic book industry guests include:
· Jose Delbo: Argentinian born artist Jose Delbo has a career that has spanned 50 years, starting in the Silver Age of the early 1960’s until today. Fans will best know Delbo as the main artist on Wonder Woman from 1976 to 1981 and The Transformers (Marvel Comics) from issue 36-67 (1987-1990).
· Clay Mann: Comic Book artist of X-Men Legacy, Dark Reign: Elektra, Daredevil, Ultimate X-Men, Thor: Man of War, Heroes For Hire, Marvel Knights 4, Four, The Immortal Iron Fist, Marvel Adventures: Fantastic Four, X-Men Unlimited and more!
· Tommy Castillo: Comic Book artist of Batman: Gotham Knights, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Detective Comics, Dungeons & Dragons, Evil Ernie in Santa Fe, Fear the Dead: A Zombie Survivor’s Journal, Green Arrow, Grimm Fairy Tales, Hari Kari, Se7en, Toe Tags Featuring George A. Romero, G.I. Joe, Vampirella and more!
· Chris Brunner: Comic Book artist of Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Dark Horse Presents, Hellblazer, Resident Evil, Star Wars Tales, Ghost Handbook, The Ride, The Ride: Foreign Parts, The Ride: Savannah, X-Omnibus, Robin, Hellhounds, Wolverine / Punisher, Gotham Central, Savage Dragon and more!
· Steve Borock: Industry Guest. Steve is the Consignment Director for Heritage Auctions. He is the former (and first) President, Primary Grader and Restoration Detection Expert at CGC (Comics Guaranty Corporation) from 1999 – 2008. Steve was a key figure in introducing third-party certification to the comic book hobby and helping to change the hobby forever.
· Koi Turnbull: Comic Book artist of Fathom, Wolverine, Aspen Seasons, Batgirl, Batman and the Outsiders, Batman: Gotham Knights, Black Panther, Detective Comics, Fathom: Cannon Hawke, The Flash, Green Lantern, Heroes, New Warriors, Nova, Outsiders: Five of a Kind, Superman Confidential, What If…?, Worlds of Aspen & more!
· Louis Small jr.: Artist of Vampirella, Vampirella Strikes!, Vampirella / Lady Death, Vampirella / Shi, Adventure Comics 80-Page Giant, Batman, The Chaos Effect, The Darkness, Codename: Knockout, JLA Secret Files, Ka-Zar, Kabuki Gallery, Witchblade, Solar: Man of the Atom, Lady Death, Chaos! Quarterly & more!
· Stephan Nilson: Comic Book writer of Monsterpocalypse, Justice League Unlimited, Atomik Mike, Batman Strikes! and Danny Husk. Stephan’s Television and TV related digital material includes Smallville (seasons 6&7) Justice and Doom and Visions, Ghost Whisperer and Red Dwarf.
· Daxiong: Hailing from China, Daxiong founded QiCartoon Studios in 1999, where he produced over 100 publications. He is currently one of the most successful artists in Chinese and European comics. Now living in the U.S., his American credits include: Star Wars Adventures, Top 10 Season Two & Justice League of America 80 Page Giant.
· Don Hillsman II: Comic Book Artist. Pencil credits include: Street Fighter, By Any Means Necessary: The Life & Times of Malcolm X, Daemonstorm, Devil Dinosaur Spring Fling, JLA Secret Files & Origins, Marvel Comics Presents, Southern Knights, Ultraverse Unlimited & Xavier Institute Alumni Yearbook. Inking credits: X-Men, Iron Man, Gambit, Damage, Scion, Sigil & more!
New Media Guests include:
· Andy Sipes has been seen/heard/felt in some of your favorite things: Code Monkeys (art director and character designer, voice of Mr. Larrity, Dean and more), Archer, Last Call with Carson Daly, Adult Swim’s Saul of the Mole Men and Minoriteam, Comedy Central’s Crank Yankers, MTV’s The Andy Milonakis Show and DJ and The Fro plus many more.
· Dawn Wells: Best known as Mary Ann in the Gilligan’s Island TV series, multiple reunion specials and the Gilligan’s Planet animated series
· Cindy Morgan is best known for her role as Lora / Yori in Tron and as Lacey Underall in Caddyshack. She recently was the voice of Ma3a in the Tron 2.0 video game and has been a part of the viral marketing for the new Tron Legacy film in the role of Lora Bradley once again.
· Larry Thomas is best known for his role on Sienfeld as the tyrannical Soup Nazi. Larry’s other credits include: Austin Powers, A Fist Full of Quarters, Spaced Out, Postal and The Warehouse Job and much more!
· Alex Vincent is best known for his role as Andy Barclay in the Child Play series of films, including: Childs Play and Child’s Play 2.
· Joseph Culp is an accomplished actor who can most recently be seen on the AMC hit series Mad Men as Archie Whitman (Don Draper’s father). To the comic book world, he is probably best known as Dr. Doom in the original 1994 Fantastic Four movie. His many TV roles include appearances on House, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, The Greatest American Hero (with his dad Robert Culp) and ER.
· Sally Kellerman is best known for her role as Major Margaret “Hot Lips” Houlihan in the film MASH (1970), for which she was nominated for an Oscar for Best Actress in a Supporting Role. Sally has dozens of credits including starring roles in the classic Star Trek 2nd pilot episode Where No Man Has Gone Before, as Rodney Dangerfield’s teacher / love interest in Back To School, The Boston Strangler, Brewster McCloud, The Last of the Red Hot Lovers, Lost Horizon, Centennial, Foxes, Moving Violations, Meatballs III: Summer Job, That’s Life!, Boris and Natasha, PrÃªt-Ã -Porter, American Virgin and many more!
· Scott Tepperman is the newest investigator on Ghost Hunters International. He has been traveling abroad investigating with the Ghost Hunters and his first episodes will air starting this summer’s season premiere.
· Geretta Geretta: She played Rosemary in Lamberto Bava’s 1985 film Demons (DÃ¨moni), where she was transformed into a demonic creature who tries to a slaughter Berlin theater audience. Her career as an actress has included roles in Susan Siedelman’s Smithereens, Lucio Fulci’s Murder Rock & Bruno Mattei’s Rats: Night Of Terror.
· Daphnee Duplaix. Actress and Model, Daphnee starred as Valerie Davis on the TV series Passions and currently stars on One Life to Live as Rachel Gannon. She was a 2010 NAACP Image Award Nominee for “Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series”. Her other notable roles include appearances on Angel, The District, Dharma & Greg, Felicity, CSI, CSI: NY, The Fighting Temptations, Demon Island, The Invisible Man, Just Shoot Me! and more! She was the July 1997 Playboy Playmate of the Month.
· Lou Pizarro is Director, Producer and Star of Tru TV’s Operation Repo.
· Paris Themmen is best known for his role as Mike Teevee in the 1971 film Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, when he was 11 years old. He was also a voice actor for Macross Plus (1994) and appeared on Star Trek: Voyager (Season 6, Episode 13: “Virtuoso”) in 2000 and The Ed Sullivan Show in the early 70’s.
New Cosplay and Entertainment Guests include:
· Steampunk Cosplay Guests. Founded in 2004 Outland Armour specializes in metal, leather, wood working, film making, special effects, acting, sculpture, custom prop creation, custom sewing & all aspects of costume design. They are constantly expanding to better realize your imagination. The crew has worked to create and constantly improve their original steampunk characters; The sky pirates of H.M.S. Amaranth. The crew will be hosting a variety of panels all weekend long.
· The Console Alliance was started by gamers for gamers out of love for video games. The Console Alliance is known for making video game parodies, independent movies, documentaries, shorts and more. Despite the film’s, The Console Alliance’s main goal is to correct today’s wrongful accusation of what a “Gamer” is and to correct the majorities conclusion that video games “Cause Violence” and “Desensitize children and younger players minds.”
New Wrestling Guests include:
· The Original Gangsta, New Jack is coming. New Jack is best known for his run in ECW in the 90’s into 2000’s, where he was a 3 time tag team champion (twice with Mustafa as The Gangstas and once with Kronus as The Gangstanators). He started out in USWA (Tag Team Champion), North Georgia Wrestling (Heavyweight Champion and Tag Team Champion) and Smokey Mountain (Tag Team Champion) before ECW. Since ECW, New Jack has wrestled for XPW, TNA Wrestling, CZW and Wrestling Society X.
· Lizzy Valentine. As a wrestler, Lizzy has been featured in TNA Wrestling, Xtreme Pro Wrestling, Wrestlicious, XPW, Kapow! & Jersey All Pro Wrestling
In addition to the guests listed above, eight new bands have been added to the live music line up, including: Modify The Moment, Bell Tower Falls, Viva Le Vox, Enrique’s Revenge, The Strikeouts, Protagonist, Sir Veza and Rumor Has It.
Plus: FSC is thrilled to announce the first ever variant comics produced only for Florida Supercon. There will be 2 awesome limited edition Lady Death variant comics printed just for Florida Supercon!
· The first variant is a special Lady Death: Dragon Wars #1 FSC Sketch Cover Variant Edition limited to 200 copies. Everyone loves sketch covers! Get your Lady Death sketch variant and have your favorite artist at the show do a sketch to make your variant a one of a kind collectible! Lady Death: Dragon Wars #1 is written by Brian Pulido and features art by Ivan Reis. This variant will only be available at the Florida Supercon booth at the show.
· The second Lady Death variant at FSC is Lady Death: The Rapture #1 “The End Edition”. Limited to just 77 copies! Each copy will be signed and numbered by Brian Pulido (Writer / Creator). Variant cover by Louis Small jr. This limited edition will be available at Brian Pulido’s booth at FSC.
More information for each of these guests may be found at the FSC website www.supercon.tv. These new guests join a line up of over 150 guests already announced for the show, and that number continues to grow every week. Some of the guests already lined up for FSC 2010 include:
Comic Book artists and writers such as Ariel Olivetti, Bill Sienkiewicz, Khoi Pham, Rafa Sandoval, Allen Bellman, Greg Horn, Brad Walker, Paul Gulacy, Fred Van Lente, Filip Sablik, Georges Jeanty, Dustin Weaver, Steve Kurth, Shawn Crystal, Joe Jusko, Clayton Henry, Brian Pulido, Bo Hampton, Alex Saviuk, Pat Broderick, Rob Hunter, Greg “Dark One” Williams, Vinnie Tartamella, Dick Kulpa, Jay Leisten, Luis Diaz and more!
Anime and Animation voice actors like Troy Baker (Naruto, Code Geass), Richard Horvitz (Invader Zim), Larry Kenney (Thundercats), Brittney Karbowski (Xenosaga, Pani Poni Dash), Dana Snyder (Aqua Teen), Charles Fleischer (Roger Rabbit), Brad Kesten (Charlie Brown), Angela Lee-Sloan (Lucy in Peanuts), Stacy H. Tolkin (Sally in Peanuts) and more!
Legendary Filmmakers Lloyd Kaufman and Hershell Gordon Lewis.
Movie and TV Celebrities such as Richard “Shaft” Roundtree, Fred “The Hammer” Willaimson (From Dusk Til’ Dawn), Tia Carrere (Wayne’s World, Relic Hunter), Robb Demarest (Ghost Hunters International), Brandy Green (Ghost Hunters International), Luciana Carro (Battlestar Galactica), John Wesley Shipp (The Flash), Charles Fleischer (Back to the Future II), Julie McCullough (Growing Pains, The Blob), Rebecca Staab (Fantastic Four), Anthony Forrest (Star Wars), Michelle Lintel (The Black Scorpion) and more!
Wrestling Guests such as The Iron Sheik (WWF), Greg “The Hammer” Valentine (WWF), Daffney (WCW, TNA), Stacy “The Kat” Carter (WWE, WWF), Sinn “Kizarny” Bodhi (WWE), Terri Runnels (WWE), Traci Brooks (TNA) and SoCal Val (TNA).
Musical Guests like Less Than Jake, Addax, Feeding Fingers, The Joyness, S.S. Hanami, Robbed By A Flute, Sci-Fried, The Pursuit and more!
Cosplay and Entertainment Guests such as Yaya Han, Miracole Burns, The 3000 Brigade (Smash Bros. Show), Supercon Championship Wrestling, Wasabi Anime and more!
Stand Up Comedy Guests like Lisa Corrao, The Revenge of the Nerds Comedy Show, Julie McCullough and more!
Additional guests can be found at on the Florida Supercon website at www.supercon.tv
This years FSC will have dedicated programming tracks for each of the genre’s being celebrated. Some of the amazing events include:
· Q&A’s with most of our attending guests
· Comic art portfolio reviews for aspiring artists
· Fan panels for all aspects of the show (Comics, Anime, Animation, Sci-Fi etc.)
· Industry panels for breaking into Comics, Anime, Animation etc…
· The FSC Costume Competition (with over $3,000 in cash and prizes)
· The FSC Cosplay Skit Contest
· Rumble Roses Cosplay Wrestling
· The Otaku Insomnia Rave
· Cosplay Deviant’s Hentai Cafe
· Cosplay RockBand
· Supercon Championship Wrestling’s “Supercon Mania!”
· The Smash Brothers 3000 Super Show
· Filmmaking workshops with Hershell Gordon Lewis
· The FSC Film Festival
· Live Musical Performances
· Live stand up comedy
· Over 100 video game stations
· Video game tournaments
· A 50,000 square feet exhibition room with over 400 booths and tables featuring vendors, celebrity guests, artists, filmmakers and exhibits.
Complete information on these and dozens of more events taking place all weekend can be found at www.supercon.tv
The convention hours of operation are:
FRIDAY, JUNE 18: 12:00PM – 2:00AM
SATURDAY, JUNE 19: 11:00AM – 2:00AM
SUNDAY, JUNE 20: 11:00AM – 6:00PM
FSC is located at The Double Tree Miami Airport Hotel and Convention Center,
711 NW 72nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126. Discounted room rates for convention are available. See our website www.supercon.tv for details.
The very special guest at the October 25, East Hanover NJ Comic Book Expo will be Chinese comic book artist, creator, editor and publisher Daxiong, currently one of the most successful artists in Chinese and European comics. He has received a great deal of recognition for his work in the industry, including first place at the Shanghai Animation & Comic Competition, and top honors at the 33rd annual Angouleme International Comics Festival.
Daxiong was born in Jilin Province in China. He enjoyed illustrating as far back as he can remember. After graduating with a degree in Commercial Design from the Jilin Art Institute in China, he assumed a teaching position with his alma mater as instructor of comic and cartoon illustrations. In 1999 he created Qicartoon Studios (www.qicartoon.com) in Jilin province where he served as the chief illustrator. In 2000 he was the winner of the Shanghai Animation & Comic Competition with his work “Chinese Ghost Stories” which received publication soon after the competition. In 2002 Qicartoon Studios earned third place in the Shanghai Animation Competition for its work “Zhuzi Baijia”. In Europe, he received top honors at the 33rd annual Angouleme International Comics Festival for his work in “Demi Gods and Semi Devils” written by Chinese novelist Jin Yong, who is the best-selling living Chinese author.
Since 1999, through his studio, Daxiong has published more than 100 titles which are distributed in China, Japan, and Taiwan. Recently, he started illustrating the MouWang series, which is being published and distributed in France by Soleil Publications. In 2008 Daxiong was arrested and sent to a prison in China because his art offended the Chinese Communist Party. After two months of imprisonment, Daxiong was rescued by friends in the U.S. and has now settled in New York City with his wife Bin Bin Chen.
He has recently done work in the U.S. for IDW, Wildstorm and DC Comics.
Additional info about him is available through the following links (or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 646-306-6657).
John Paul, the show promoter has this to say: “I have organized over 400 comic book conventions in Northern NJ during the past twenty years, with countless comic book professionals as guests. To say that I’m honored by Daxiong’s appearance at one of my events is a gross understatement.”
The show will be held on October 25th at the Ramada Inn Conference Center Hotel, 130 Rt 10 West, East Hanover, NJ. Admission is $2 (children under 12 free). Hours are 10-4. Daxiong will be available for autographs and commissions. There will also be over 250,000 comic books available for browsing and purchase in the dealers room.
Additional show info may be found at www.njcomicbookshows.com.
Mr. Paul may be contacted at email@example.com or via phone at 973-783-0608.
Disclosure: Pug Productions is an advertiser with Convention Scene.
Comments Off on East Hanover NJ Comic Book Expo (October 2009)
|Convention||OCTOBER EAST HANOVER NJ COMIC BOOK EXPO|
|About This Convention:||Show Hours are 10-4. Admission $2 (kids under 12 free). Over 200,000 comic books for sale, from bargain readers to investment grade keys, along with other comic-related items (action figures, t-shirts & more)â€¦ collector’s supplies as well. We have the Northeast’s friendliest dealers and have run nearly 400 monthly comicons since 1991! Many shows feature guest artists, writers or publishers (if you are one and would like a “comp” table at a show, please contact us.) Our no minimum bid auctions at each show are held around noon and typically offer thousands of dollars worth of stuff that sells for a fraction of it’s value. If you are a comic book collector (or a casual reader), you will love our shows!|
|Venue Name||Ramda Inn Conference Center Hotel|
|Venue Address||130 Rt 10 West
East Hanover, NJ 07936
|Number of Dealer/Exhibitor Tables||40|
|What category best describes your convention?||Comic Books|
|What other categories might be appropriate for your convention?||– Collectibles|