Baltimore Comic-Con Announces Banner List of All-Star Artists!
Capullo, Finch, Prado, and Reis Join the 3 Day Party!
BALTIMORE, MARYLAND – February 10, 2014 – Year after year, the staff at the Baltimore Comic-Con strives to make our show bigger and better, and our 15th annual event will be no different. The premiere 3-day gala occurs the weekend of September 5-7, 2014!
Our announced guests today are noteworthy for their artistic contributions to the industry, and specifically their recent work at DC Comics.
After some initial success at small-press publisher FantaCo, Greg Capullo landed work in the 1990s at Marvel Comics on titles such as Quasar, What If..?, and X-Force. Todd MacFarlane approached Capullo to do work for him at Image Comics on MacFarlane’s Spawn, which led to a run on the title, spin-offs, and other notable titles under the Image umbrella including Haunt and Capullo’s The Creech. DC Comics wooed Capullo to take over art duties on Batman during their New 52 relaunch, a run that went on to earn great accolades.
Joining us from Canada, David Finch received recognition for his early work at Top Cow Productions on titles such as Cyberforce, Ascension, and Aphrodite IX. He then went on to spend a number of years at Marvel Comics, working on blockbuster titles including Ultimate X-Men, Avengers (and the relaunched New Avengers), and Moon Knight before jumping into an exclusive contract with DC Comics in 2010 where he flexed his writing muscles as well as his drawing skills on Batman: The Dark Knight. He is currently working on DC’s Forever Evil.
The Brazilian team of Ivan Reis and Joe Prado will also return to the Baltimore Comic-Con in 2014! Reis began his career at Dark Horse with a long run on Ghost and follow-up work on The Mask, Time Cop, and Xena. He has worked on Marvel titles like Avengers, Iron Man, and Defenders, and at DC on Action Comics, Teen Titans, and Superman. Prado’s line work has graced the pages and covers of DC Comics’ Superman, Teen Titans, Birds of Prey, and Rann/Thanagar War. Together, they are currently working on Justice League and Aquaman and The Others, also from DC Comics.
“We love what these gentlemen have brought to the DC Comics Universe, and comics art in general,” commented Marc Nathan, promoter of the Baltimore Comic-Con. “It is an absolute pleasure to welcome them back, and we know our fans will be thrilled to hear they’ll be joining us again!”
This year’s previously confirmed guests for the show include: Marty Baumann (Pixar artist); Jeremy Bastian (Cursed Pirate Girl); Dave Bullock (Batman Black and White); Bernard Chang (Green Lantern Corps); Sean Chen (Amazing Spider-Man); Jimmy Cheung (Infinity); Cliff Chiang (Wonder Woman); Frank Cho (X-Men: Battle of the Atom); Richard Clark (House of Gold & Bones); Steve Conley (Bloop); Alan Davis (Wolverine); Tommy Lee Edwards (Suicide Risk); Garth Ennis (Preacher, The Boys); Dave Gibbons (Watchmen); Bryan JL Glass (Mice Templar); Michael Golden (The Ravagers); Cully Hamner (Animal Man); Dean Haspiel (The Fox); Fred Hembeck (Garfield); Adam Hughes (Before Watchmen: Dr. Manhattan); JG Jones (Green Lantern Corps, Batman Black and White); Justin Jordan (Luther Strode, Green Lantern: New Guardians); Barry Kitson (Empire); Aaron Kuder (Action Comics); David Mack (Shadowman); Kevin Maguire (Guardians of the Galaxy); Alex Maleev (Moon Knight); Ron Marz (Witchblade); Bob McLeod (X-Men: Gold); Tradd Moore (Deadpool Annual); Mark Morales (New Avengers); Dan Parent (Archie, Veronica, Kevin Keller); David Peterson (Mouse Guard); Eric Powell (The Goon); Brian Pulido (Lady Death); Budd Root (Cavewoman); Alex Saviuk (Web of Spider-Man); Andy Smith (Superman #23.1: Bizarro); John K. Snyder III (Zorro Rides Again); Allison Sohn (sketch card artist); Charles Soule (Thunderbolts); Ben Templesmith (The Memory Collectors); Peter Tomasi (Batman and Two-Face); John Totleben (Swamp Thing); Herb Trimpe (GI Joe: A Real American Hero); Billy Tucci (Shi); Rick Veitch (Saga of the Swamp Thing); Matt Wagner (Grendel); Mark Waid (Daredevil); Bill Willingham (Fables); Renee Witterstaetter (Joe Jusko: Maelstrom); and Thom Zahler (My Little Pony).
In the coming weeks, look for more announcements from the Baltimore Comic-Con. We are looking forward to highlighting our guests, the Harvey Awards, industry exclusives, and programming. The latest developments can always be found on our website, Twitter, and Facebook pages.
About The Baltimore Comic-Con
The Baltimore Comic-Con is celebrating its 14th year of bringing the comic book industry to the Baltimore and Washington D.C. area. For more information, please visit www.baltimorecomiccon.com.
About The Harvey Awards
The Harvey Awards are one of the comic book industry’s oldest and most respected awards. With a history of over 20 years, the last 9 in conjunction with the Baltimore Comic-Con, the Harveys recognize outstanding achievements in over 20 categories. They are the only industry awards nominated and selected by the full body of comic book professionals. For more information, please visit www.harveyawards.org.
ARCHAIA EXHIBITING AT C2E2 THIS WEEKEND!
New Titles! A panel on 3D comics! And, contests to win great Archaia Books at our booth through Twitter, Instagram, FourSquare, and more!
CHICAGO, IL (April 25, 2013) – Award-winning graphic novel publisher Archaia Entertainment is excited to announce it will exhibit at booth #1019 at the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo (C2E2) for a fourth straight year since the event’s inception! C2E2 is one of the Midwest’s biggest celebrations of comics and pop culture, taking place during the weekend of April 26-28, 2013 in the West Hall of McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois. Archaia’s corporate headquarters is based in Chicago.
“We love making C2E2 one of our biggest events of the year. Nearly our entire management team is from Chicago, the Chicago fans are great, and our creators really make it a special show for us,” raved Chicago native, Jack Cummins, President & COO of Archaia. “We have great new titles like Strange Attractors, Mumbai Confidential, and HAWKEN: GENESIS, as well as Rust Vol. 2: Secrets of the Cell, Jim Henson’s The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths Vol. 2, and Pantalones, TX: Don’t Chicken Out. We are excited for our fans to see these new books and find out about the new upcoming Mouse Guard books directly from Eisner Award winner David Petersen.”
Creators and contributors scheduled to appear at the Archaia booth include:
Andrew E. C. Gaska (writer: Space: 1999: Aftershock and Awe, Conspiracy of the Planet of the Apes, Critical Millennium: The Dark Frontier, the upcoming Classic Space: 1999)
Andrew Rostan (writer; An Elegy for Amelia Johnson)
Brent Schoonover (artist, Mr. Murder Is Dead)
Chandra Free (writer/artist: The God Machine, Fraggle Rock)
Charles Soule (writer: Strange Attractors)
Cory Godbey (artist: Fraggle Rock, the upcoming Jim Henson’s Labyrinth and Spera Vol. 3)
David Marquez (artist: Syndrome, the upcoming The Joyners in 3D)
David Petersen (writer/artist: Mouse Guard)
Janet Lee (artist: Return of the Dapper Men)
Jeremy Bastian (writer/artist: Cursed Pirate Girl)
Jim McCann (writer: Return of the Dapper Men)
Ramón Pérez (artist: Jim Henson’s Tale of Sand)
R. J. Ryan (writer: Syndrome, the upcoming The Joyners in 3D)
Royden Lepp (writer/artist: The Rust)
Tom Pinchuk (writer: Hybrid Bastards!)
Yehudi Mercado (writer/artist: Pantalones, TX: Don’t Chicken Out)
Check the signing schedule at Archaia.com for your favorite creator’s availability. Here’s what else is going on at the Archaia booth during C2E2 weekend:
• We will present a panel on Sunday! Archaia Entertainment Presents: Comics Storytelling and the Lost Art of 3D, 1:30-2:30pm, Room W471. Join us for an uncensored discussion of the medium’s benefits and drawbacks, as well as a wide-ranging survey of the highs and lows of 60 years of 3D comics, only at C2E2 2013! We will preview the 2013 release of the ambitious, all-3D graphic novel The Joyners in 3D from Archaia, writer R.J. Ryan (Syndrome), New York Times best-selling illustrator David Marquez (All-New X-Men, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Syndrome), and Archaia Editor-in-Chief Stephen Christy have invited a panel of creatives from across comics to dig deep into both the highs and lows of using 3D as a storytelling tool. The multimedia presentation will include big-screen glimpses of comics’ most famous—and most forgettable—3D projects, as well as a brief, exclusive sneak peek at Ryan & Marquez’s epic 3D melodrama, The Joyners in 3D. Moderated by Word Balloon podcast host John Siuntres, every panel attendee receives a free pair of 3D glasses and a coupon to receive a copy of the 2012 Free Comic Book Day hardcover at the Archaia booth (while supplies last)!
• Mouse Guard creator David Petersen and Rust creator Royden Lepp are among the guests on the Imaginative Sci-Fi Authors of C2E2panel! Saturday, 12:45-1:45pm, Room W475B. They will join other science fiction and fantasy authors like E.B. Hudspeth (The Resurrectionist, published by Quirk), Jeffrey Brown (Darth Vader and Son, Top Shelf), Brandon Easton (Roboy, Lion Forge), and Rachel Rawlings (The Maurin Kincaide Series) to talk about their imaginative Sci-Fi and Fantasy graphic novels!
• Meteor Entertainment is bringing the experience of their smash hit, online, free-to-play, giant-mech video game HAWKEN to C2E2 with two play-test kiosks set up at the Archaia booth! Copies of the accompanying graphic novel, HAWKEN: GENESIS, will be on hand for purchase, and each copy comes with a scratch-off card with a code that can be redeemed for 10,000 HAWKEN Credits for use in the game!
• Charles Soule, the new writer of DC’s Swamp Thing, will be on hand to autograph advance copies of his new Archaia graphic novel, Strange Attractors, which is the fascinating sci-fi story of how a professor uses mathematics to help keep New York City from destroying itself! Check for his signing schedule at the booth (#1019) or on Archaia.com.
• Fans who purchase copies of Hopeless, Maine will receive a free, handmade postcard created by authors Tom and Nimue Brown. Quantities are limited!
• Using Foursquare, fans have a chance to win an all-ages prize pack containing copies of: Mouse Guard Vol. 1: Fall 1152; Rust Vol. 1; Pantalones, TX; and Cow Boy: A Boy and His Horse. To enter, simply check in to “Archaia Entertainment: Booth #1019” (http://4sq.com/12FDU7y) through the Foursquare app on your iOS or Android phone and tweet your check-in using #ArchaiaC2E2. Winners will be contacted to receive their prize. More info: http://on.fb.me/12G8IFk .
• Using Instagram, fans have a chance to win a Henson/Archaia graphic novel prize pack containing copies of: Fraggle Rock Vol. 1, Fraggle Rock Vol. 2: Tails and Tales, The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths Vol. 1, and The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths Vol. 2. To enter, take creative photos of the Archaia booth at C2E2 (#1019), upload it using the Instagram app on your iOS or Android phone, and use the hashtag #ArchaiaC2E2. Archaia will choose the best photo and contact the winner to receive their prize! Photos will be posted on the Archaia Facebook page! More info: http://on.fb.me/11idRR2.
• Archaia Entertainment will be hosting a Retweet to Win contest through Twitter for fans who can’t make it to C2E2! Retweeting starts Friday, April 26th at 10am CST! This contest will run thru Sunday, April 28th. To enter, you must follow Archaia on Twitter, look for the special “RT to Win” tweet from our account (@Archaia) which will be sent out several times each day throughout C2E2 weekend (April 26-28). Multiple winners will be selected each day. Prizes include copies of: Cow Boy: A Boy and His Horse; The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths Vol. 1; Fraggle Rock Vol. 1; Gunnerkrigg Court Vol. 1; HAWKEN: GENESIS; Mouse Guard Vol. 1: Fall 1152; Pantalones, TX; Return of the Dapper Men; andRust Vol. 1. More info: https://www.facebook.com/
See you at C2E2! Visit c2e2.com for information on how to buy tickets!
About Archaia Entertainment, LLC
Archaia is a multi-award-winning graphic novel publisher with more than 75 renowned publishing brands, including such domestic and international hits as Mouse Guard, Rust, Cow Boy, Cursed Pirate Girl, Gunnerkrigg Court, and Artesia. Archaia has also published an entire line of graphic novels in partnership with The Jim Henson Company, including the multiple award-winning Jim Henson’s Tale of Sand and such beloved tales as The Dark Crystal, The Storyteller, and Fraggle Rock. Alongside these celebrated titles, Archaia has released English translations of numerous renowned foreign titles to much fanfare, including The Killer, Sergio Toppi’s Sharaz-De, and The Secret History.
This year, Archaia was honored with two Eisner nominations, and in 2012, Archaia was honored with six Harvey Award nominations, two Harvey Awards, six Eisner nominations, and three Eisner Awards (Jim Henson’s Tale of Sand won for Best Graphic Album–New, Best Penciller/Inker, and Best Publication Design). Also in 2012, Archaia earned both Gold and Silver awards from ForeWord Reviews. Archaia was honored with nine 2011 Eisner Awards nominations and two Eisner Awards for Best Graphic Album and Best Anthology.
In addition to its partnership with The Jim Henson Company, Archaia has forged creative partnerships with storytellers in all facets of the entertainment industry, resulting in print and digital expansions of such noted properties as Bleedout and HAWKEN (video games), Immortalsand Planet of the Apes (film), and Space: 1999 (television).
Archaia has built an unparalleled reputation within the creator community for producing meaningful, transformative content, building one of the industry’s most visually stunning and eclectic slates of graphic novels.
A brief look back at the Cincinnati Comic Expo.
ARCHAIA ENDING THE 2010 CONVENTION SEASON IN STYLE AT NEW YORK COMIC CON
PUBLISHER WILL HOST OVER 30 CREATORS, DEBUT FIVE HARDCOVER BOOKS, ANNOUNCE TWO NEW PROJECTS AND PUT ON THREE PANELS
Los Angeles, CA (October 7, 2010) – Capping off a successful 2010 convention season and eager to win over more fans to its brand of high-quality comics and graphic novels, Archaia Entertainment announced it will have a huge presence at New York Comic Con, taking place Oct. 8-10 at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York City.
In addition to setting up an oversized 20’ x 30’ booth on the show floor, Archaia will host over 30 creators for autograph signings; debut six new titles for the first time anywhere, including five graphic novel hardcover books; present three entertaining panels throughout the weekend and announce two, new projects; and co-sponsor several off-site events to celebrate the releases of RETURN OF THE DAPPER MEN and MOON LAKE.
“We are thrilled to appear at New York Comic Con, the second largest comic book and pop culture convention in the country, to reward our East Coast-based fans with some cool products and giveaways, and to attract new readers with our line of high-quality titles,” said Archaia Marketing Manager, Mel Caylo. “We’re hoping to end this year’s convention season with a great showing to generate buzz and excitement in the comics industry!”
The six titles debuting at New York Comic Con are:
· AWAKENING VOL. 2 – The follow-up to the critically acclaimed Awakening Vol. 1 concludes the gripping storyline of what may or may not be a zombie outbreak in a small town.
· FEEDING GROUND #1 – The debut of the first issue of this brand-new miniseries about werewolves terrorizing the Devil’s Highway, a corridor along the Mexico-Arizona border used by illegal immigrants. Presented both in English and Spanish!
· THE GOD MACHINE – A stylistic Gothic adventure about a young man’s journey to save his girlfriend’s soul.
· MOON LAKE – This eclectic collection of horror stories mixes elements from Tales from the Crypt and “Twilight Zone” and includes contributions from some of the best creators in horror comics like Brian Holguin, Stef Hutchinson and Jeffrey Zornow.
· MOUSE GUARD: LEGENDS OF THE GUARD VOL. 1 – Collects the critically acclaimed miniseries in which Mouse Guard creator David Petersen handpicks other creators to write and draw Mouse Guard stories.
· RETURN OF THE DAPPER MEN – A visual tour de force that presents a modern twist on classic fairy tales, utilizing an incredible decoupage art style that combines steampunk fantasy and science fiction with Art Nouveau for a truly unique and groundbreaking book.
The following Archaia creators will be on hand at various times at the Archaia booth (#2031) to sign autographs, sell exclusive items and hand out cool giveaways:
· Awakening – Alex Eckman-Lawn (artist)
· Bleedout – Nathan Fox (artist), Sanford Greene (artist), Zach Howard (artist), Michael Kennedy (writer), Ben Templesmith (artist)
· Critical Millennium – Daniel Dussault (artist), Andrew E. C. Gaska (creator/writer)
· Days Missing – Phil Hester (writer), David Marquez (artist), Trevor Roth (creator)
· Feeding Ground – Swifty Lang (co-creator/co-writer), Michael Lapinski (co-creator/artist), Christopher Mangun (co-creator/co-writer)
· Fraggle Rock – Nichol Ashworth (writer), Tim Beedle (editor), Michael DiMotta (artist), Sam Humphries (writer), Neil Kleid (writer), Dave Lanphear (letterer), Grace Randolph (writer)
· The God Machine – Chandra Free (creator/writer/artist)
· Gunnerkrigg Court – Tom Siddell (creator/writer/artist)
· Hybrid Bastards! – Kate Glasheen (artist), Tom Pinchuk (creator/writer)
· Lucid – Michael McMillian (creator/writer)
· Moon Lake – Dan Fogler (creator), Robbi Rodriguez (artist), Jeffrey Zornow (artist)
· Mouse Guard – David Petersen (creator/writer/artist)
· Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard – Katie Cook (writer/artist), David Petersen (creator/writer/artist), Sean Rubin (writer/artist)
· Return of the Dapper Men – Janet Lee (co-creator/artist), Jim McCann (co-creator/writer)
· Starkweather: Immortal – Dave Rodriguez (creator/writer)
· Syndrome – David Marquez (artist)
· Tumor – Joshua Hale Fialkov (co-creator/writer)
Listed below are the three panels Archaia will present at New York Comic Con:
ARCHAIA BLACK LABEL
The new Archaia Black Label specializes in co-developing intellectual properties with prestigious partners who are seeking to realize their ideas through the use of Archaia’s resources. Join Archaia as they show exclusive preview images and discuss current and upcoming Archaia Black Label titles, including: DAYS MISSING: KESTUS with Roddenberry Productions’ Trevor Roth, writer Phil Hester and artist David Marquez; LUCID with creator/writer and “True Blood” actor Michael McMillian; MOON LAKE with creator/co-writer Dan Fogler; and MR. MURDER IS DEAD with creator/writer Victor Quinaz. Plus, two exclusive announcements, including one in association with video game publisher Vogster Entertainment. There will be surprise guests! You don’t want to miss this! Moderated by Archaia editor-in-chief Stephen Christy. Panel Room 8 (1A23)
ARCHAIA ALL ACCESS
Get updates, previews and new information on current and upcoming core Archaia titles as the publisher spotlights: AWAKENING VOL. 2 with artist Alex Eckman-Lawn; CRITICAL MILLENNIUM with writer Andrew E. C. Gaska and artist Daniel Dussault; FEEDING GROUND with creators Swifty Lang, Michael Lapinski and Christopher Mangun; and THE GOD MACHINE with creator Chandra Free! Moderated by Archaia editor-in-chief Stephen Christy. Panel Room 7 (1A22)
ARCHAIA ALL AGES
All ages books are not necessarily children’s books—they’re books that readers of all ages can enjoy! Join Archaia for updates, previews and exciting new information on several of its All Ages titles, including: FRAGGLE ROCK VOL. 2 with editor Tim Beedle; MOUSE GUARD with creator/writer/artist David Petersen; MOUSE GUARD ROLEPLAYING GAME BOX SET with Petersen and game designer Luke Crane; and RETURN OF THE DAPPER MEN with writer Jim McCann and artist Janet Lee. Moderated by Archaia editor-in-chief Stephen Christy. Panel Room 5 (1A17-18)
During New York Comic Con, Archaia will also co-sponsor several off-site events that are open to the public to mark the release of two of its books:
RETURN OF THE DAPPER MEN Book Release and Art Show
Thursday, Oct. 7, 7-10 p.m.
Alice’s Tea Cup, 102 West 73rd St., New York, NY 10023
To recognize the release of Archaia’s new hardcover fairy tale, RETURN OF THE DAPPER MEN, writer Jim McCann and artist Janet Lee will display and offer for sale several of the decoupage art pieces that were created for the book. Join us for scones, cake, tea and, after 8 p.m., wine (courtesy of Bluebird Wines), as we celebrate this event on the eve of New York Comic Con! Admission is free!
The MOON LAKE Gallery at BAR 13
Saturday, Oct. 9 and Sunday Oct. 10, 12-5 p.m. each day
Bar 13, 35 east 13th St. Union Square, New York, NY 10003
Illustrations and images from the MOON LAKE graphic novel are on display, all day Saturday and Sunday from 12-5 pm. Admission is free! Complimentary beverages!
MOON LAKE Live Radio Play Performance and HYSTERICAL PSYCHO Screening
Saturday, Oct. 9. 11 p.m.-12 a.m.
Cinema Village Theater, 22 East 12th St., New York, NY 10003
Here’s your chance to watch a graphic novel performed before your very eyes! Before television, audiences were entertained by radio actors as they performed their favorite stories over the airwaves. Harkening back to that era, actor Dan Fogler and members of the Studio13 acting group will perform stories from Fogler’s MOON LAKE graphic novel LIVE! You have to see this! Admission is free! The performance will be followed by a midnight screening of Fogler’s film “Hysterical Psycho,” on which the MOON LAKE graphic novel is based. There will be a $10 charge for the movie.
As you can see, Archaia is looking to end the 2010 convention season with a bang, and we hope you’ll be there to experience it with us!
Archaia has built an unparalleled reputation for producing meaningful content that perpetually transforms minds. Archaia is: An Elegy for Amelia Johnson, Artesia, Awakening, Beautiful Scars, Berona’s War, The Black Knight, Critical Millennium, Cyclops, The Dark Crystal, Dark Fall, Days Missing, The Devil’s Handshake, The Engineer, Everlast, Feeding Ground, Fraggle Rock, God Machine, The Grave Doug Freshley, Gunnerkrigg Court, Hybrid Bastards!, Inanna’s Tears, The Killer, Killing Pickman, Labyrinth, The Lone and Level Sands, Lucid, Miranda Mercury, Moon Lake, Mouse Guard, Mr. Murder Is Dead, Okko, One in a Million, Primordia, The Return of the Dapper Men, Robotika, Saga, The Secret History, Some New Kind of Slaughter, Starkweather: Immortal, Syndrome, Titanium Rain, Trial By Fire, Tumor and 10 more new titles in 2010.
For more information on Archaia or any Archaia titles please visit www.Archaia.com. Archaia can also be found on Facebook (facebook.com/archaiacomics) and Twitter (twitter.com/archaiacomics).
ARCHAIA SAILS INTO FIRST ANNUAL LONG BEACH COMIC CON
TWO PANELS, BOOTH SIGNINGS, AN EXCLUSIVE PRINT AND LIVE-ART PARTY HIGHLIGHT THE PUBLISHER’S ATTENDANCE
Los Angeles, CA (September 30, 2009) – In a continuing effort to interact with its fans and earn new ones, Archaia announced today it will be exhibiting at the first annual Long Beach Comic Con 2009, to be held October 2-4 at the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, Calif.
The publisher can be found at Booth #265 where it will offer for sale copies of its latest publications, including Mouse Guard: Winter 1152, Awakening, Some New Kind of Slaughter and Days Missing. Plus, through retailer Atomic Apple (a partnership between Arizona’s Atomic Comics chain and L.A.’s Golden Apple), Archaia will also offer a limited edition Mouse Guard print created exclusively for Long beach Comic Con by David Petersen. The print is limited to a run of 75, with only 25 offered each of the three convention days. Petersen is appearing as a special guest of Long Beach Comic Con and will be available to sign the prints at the Atomic Apple booth (#549).
Other Archaia creators who will be appearing throughout the weekend for signings at the Archaia booth include Joshua Hale Fialkov (writer of Tumor), Josh Finney and Kat Rocha (writer and artist of Titanium Rain), Trevor Roth (creator of Days Missing and COO of Roddenberry Productions), Tom Pinchuk (writer of Hybrid Bastards!) and Michael McMillian (writer of the upcoming Lucid).
Additionally, Archaia will present two panels at Long Beach Comic Con:
Saturday, October 3rd, Room B, 12:00-12:45 p.m.
ARCHAIA: THE MOUSE THAT ROARED – With special guest David Petersen’s Mouse Guard: Winter 1152 now a bonafide New York Times bestseller, Archaia is an independent publisher on the rise. Come celebrate with creators Joshua Hale Fialkov (Tumor), Josh Finney (Titanium Rain), Joe LeFavi (Fraggle Rock, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth), Michael McMillian (Lucid), David Petersen (Mouse Guard), Tom Pinchuk (Hybrid Bastards!), Kat Rocha (Titanium Rain), Trevor Roth (Days Missing) and Ryan Schifrin (The Devil’s Handshake) as they share exclusive news, showcase fantastic art and shower a few, lucky attendees with free Archaia t-shirts and other great prizes!
Sunday, October 4th, Room B, 1:00-1:45 p.m.
DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION: THE FUTURE OF COMICS, PRESENTED BY ARCHAIA – More and more comic book publishers are turning to digital distribution as a way to get their product into more people’s hands. From Amazon’s Kindle to the iPhone to the PSP to various Web portals, will digital comics replace its printed counterparts, or is it simply a means to expand readership? And if you’re a self-publisher, are digital comics the cheapest route for you to get your project seen by as many people as possible? Join Archaia’s Joshua Hale Fialkov, writer of Tumor on the Kindle, Archaia’s Stephen Christy and Longbox Digital’s Rantz Hosely for a spirited discussion and question-and-answer forum.
Archaia personnel will make appearances at three other panels during the convention. Archaia Director of Development Stephen Christy will sit on the Selling to Hollywood: The Insider’s Guide panel (Saturday, 11-11:45 a.m., Room A); Days Missing editor Rob Levin will appear on Editing in Comics (Saturday, 2-2:45 p.m., Room C); and Tumor writer Joshua Hale Fialkov and Mouse Guard creator David Petersen will be on the Story Structure and Character Development panel (Sunday, 12-12:45 p.m., Room A).
Archaia has also teamed up with Atomic Apple and ComicVine.com to host a Live Art party at the convention. The event, which is open to all convention attendees, will take place on Friday evening, Oct. 2nd at 8:30 p.m. in Room 204. Mouse Guard creator David Petersen will join Jim Mahfood (Grrl Scouts, 40oz Comics) and other artists to create live art on wall-sized canvases as a live band performs.
Founded in 2002, Archaia has built an unparalleled reputation for producing meaningful content that perpetually transforms minds. With a slate including such popular Eisner-Award winning titles as Mouse Guard and The Killer, as well as Awakening, Gunnerkrigg Court, Robotika, Killing Pickman, Artesia and the Publisher’s latest additions of Titanium Rain, God Machine, Roddenberry Productions’ Days Missing, The Jim Henson Company library and Mr. Murder Is Dead and Lucid with Zachary Quinto’s production company, Before the Door Pictures, Archaia has become synonymous with quality content. For more information on Archaia or any Archaia titles please visit www.Archaia.com. Archaia can also be found on Facebook (www.facebook.com/archaiacomics), MySpace (www.myspace.com/archaiacomics) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/archaiacomics).
Comic-Con International has updated their Special Guest List page with appearance information:
We’ve poured through our various schedules and listings to pull together the listed appearances of our guests throughout the convention. This information now follows the guest’s bio. These listings may not reflect all of their potential appearances. Some guests may also appear at company booths in the Exhibit Hall and other locations as well.
The Special Guest List for this year’s 40th Anniversary of the convention includes:
» Michael “Doc” Allred
» Kevin J. Anderson
» Sergio AragonÃ©s
» Ray Bradbury
» Gene Colan
» Nicola Cuti
» Kevin Eastman
» Steve Epting
» Mark Evanier
» June Foray
» Ramona Fradon
» Hunter Freberg
» Stan Freberg
» Gary Gianni
» Jimmy Gownley
» Russ Heath
» Brian Herbert
» James Jean
» Geoff Johns
» Eric Jones
» Kazu Kibuishi
» Dennis Kitchen
» John Kricfalusi
» Hope Larson
» Jim Lee
» Francis Manapul
» Dwayne McDuffie
» Doug Moench
» Sheldon “Shelly” Moldoff
» Fabio Moon
» Patrick Oliphant
» Bryan Lee O’Malley
» Stephan Pastis
» David Petersen
» Darick Robertson
» Jerry Robinson
» Mike Royer
» Stan Sakai
» Lew Sayre Schwartz
» Bill Sienkiewicz
» Gail Simone
» Leonard Starr
» J. Michael Straczynski
» Richard Thompson
» Lewis Trondheim
» RamÃ³n Valdiosera Berman
» Jerry Vanderstelt
» Charles Vess
» Landry Walker
» Bill Willingham
» Gene Yang
» Leinil Yu