December 23, 2015 by Colin Solan
Filed under Animation, Comic Books, Comic Strips, Convention News, Horror, Movies, Other, Science Fiction and Fantasy, Television, Top Stories, Video Games, Washington, Webcomics
Emerald City ComiCon announces MELISSA BENOIST and CHYLER LEIGH, the stars of SUPERGIRL, will be guests at the convention on Saturday April 9th and Sunday April 10th!
Melissa Benoist is an American actress and singer, known for her portrayal of “Marley Rose” on Glee and as Nicole from the acclaimed feature film Whiplash. She currently plays the title role on the breakout hit Supergirl.
Chyler Leigh is an actress best known for her role on the Seattle-based medical drama Grey’s Anatomy. Previously she appeared as a series regular on television shows including The Practice, Girls Club, That 80’s Show, and Reunion. Chyler made her feature film debut alongside Chris Evans in the 2001 spoof Not Another Teen Movie. She currently stars on Supergirl as Alex Danvers, a DEO agent and adopted sister of Supergirl.
Previously announced celebrity guests include:
Christy Carlson Romano (KIM POSSIBLE, EVEN STEVENS), Dameon Clarke (DRAGON BALL Z, BORDERLANDS 2), Danielle Panabaker (THE FLASH, JUSTIFIED), Dante Basco (HOOK, AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER), David Anders (IZOMBIE, ONCE UPON A TIME), Jenna Coleman (DOCTOR WHO, LEGO DIMENSIONS), Lana Parrilla (ONCE UPON A TIME, 24), Nathan Fillion (FIREFLY, CASTLE), Robbie Amell (THE FLASH, X-FILES), Rose McIver (IZOMBIE, ONCE UPON A TIME), Sean Maguire (ONCE UPON A TIME, SCOTT & BAILEY), Will Friedle (BATMAN BEYOND, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, BOY MEETS WORLD)
Comic guests include:
Aaron Conley (SABERTOOTH SWORDSMAN), Aaron Kuder (ACTION COMICS), Adam Gorham (DEAD DROP), Alé Garza (GET JIRO: BLOOD & SUSHI), Alex de Campi (NO MERCY), Amy Chu (POISON IVY), Babs Tarr (BATGIRL), Chad Hardin (HARLEY QUINN), Chris Burnham (BATMAN INC.), Chris Mooneyham (FIVE GHOSTS), Chris Moreno (ZOMBIE DICKHEADS ), Clay Mann (POISON IVY), Dan Parent (KEVIN KELLER), Daniel Warren Johnson (THE GHOST FLEET), Dice Tsutsumi (ICE AGE), Dustin Nguyen (DESCENDER), Ed Brisson (SHELTERED), Emi Lenox (PLUTONA), Evan ‘Doc’ Shaner (GREEN LANTERN), Faith Erin Hicks (THE NAMELESS CITY), Fiona Staples (SAGA), Jake Wyatt (MS. MARVEL), Jason Howard (TREES), Jim Mahfood (EVERYBODY LOVES TANK GIRL), Joe Keatinge (SHUTTER), Kevin Wada (CATWOMAN), Kris Anka (CAPTAIN MARVEL), Leila del Duca (SHUTTER), Liz Prince (WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME IF I WET THE BED?), Marguerite Bennett (A-FORCE), Matthew Southworth (STUMPTOWN), Mitch Gerads (THE SHERIFF OF BABYLON), Nick Pitarra (THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS), Noelle Stevenson (NIMONA), Philip Tan (GREEN LANTERN), Raina Telgemeier (SISTERS), Sean Gordon Murphy (TOKYO GHOST), Shawn Crystal (ARKHAM MANOR), Terry Moore (RACHEL RISING) and many more!
Emerald City Comicon (ECCC) is the premier comic book & pop culture convention in the Pacific Northwest. Join us April 7-10, 2016. For tickets and more information please go to the website: www.emeraldcitycomicon.com
POSTPONE THE 4TH OF JULY FIREWORKS: THE BIG SHOW HAPPENS WHEN WARNER BROS. TELEVISION BURSTS INTO COMIC-CON® 2015 WITH 18 TOP SERIES AND ANOTHER MASSIVE SATURDAY NIGHT EVENT WITH DC ENTERTAINMENT IN HALL H
Studio Brings 18 Series to Comic-Con from Top Producers Including Greg Berlanti, Bruno Heller, Andrew Kreisberg, Steven Molaro, Jonathan Nolan, Greg Plageman, Julie Plec, Rob Thomas & Diane Ruggiero-Wright, and Many More
In Addition to the Second Saturday Night WBTV/DC Entertainment Event, Fans Won’t Want to Miss Panels and Signings with the Stars and Producers of Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, Blindspot, Childrens Hospital, Containment, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Gotham, The 100, iZOMBIE, Lucifer, Mike Tyson Mysteries, The Originals, Person of Interest, Supergirl, Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! and The Vampire Diaries
BURBANK, Calif. (June 10, 2015) — Good luck keeping your popsicles and ice cream from melting with the amount of heat that Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) is bringing to Comic-Con International: San Diego. The Studio returns to the world’s leading pop-culture convention in 2015 with 18 series, including 13 returning fan-favorite shows and five programs making their much-anticipated Comic-Con debut. Following an at-capacity event last year, Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment are once again joining forces for another epic Saturday night event in Hall on July 11, featuring super heroes, Super-Villains, screenings and special appearances from returning favorites Arrow, The Flash and Gotham, plus highly anticipated series Supergirl and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.
Also participating in all the Comic-Con action are fan favorites and new additions including Arrow’s Stephen Amell; The Flash’s Grant Gustin; The Vampire Diaries’ Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder; Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins; The Originals’ Joseph Morgan; Childrens Hospital’s Rob Corddry; Mike Tyson Mysteries’ Mike Tyson; and cast members from Gotham, Supergirl, iZOMBIE and The 100 — to name just a few — who will join producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Blindspot), Jonathan Nolan & Greg Plageman (Person of Interest), Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Containment), Jason Rothenberg (The 100), Rob Thomas & Diane Ruggiero-Wright (iZOMBIE, Veronica Mars), Andrew Kreisberg (Arrow, The Flash) and many more to deliver the ultimate experience for fans, with screenings, panel sessions, autograph signings and media appearances.
- Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment have your Saturday night all taken care of with a nearly three-hour special event in Hall H on July 11 featuring the full pilot screening of Supergirl, along with panels, special surprises and moments inside the worlds of Arrow, The Flash, Gotham, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and new digital series Vixen.
- Comic-Con essentials Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, Childrens Hospital, The Flash, Gotham, The 100, iZOMBIE, Mike Tyson Mysteries, The Originals, Person of Interest, Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! and The Vampire Diaries are all back in San Diego.
- World-premiere screenings of complete pilot episodes of highly anticipated new WBTV series Supergirl, Blindspot, Containment and Lucifer on Preview Night, plus an advance look at a new episode of Teen Titans Go!
- The Studio’s 2,400-square foot booth will once again be a must-visit destination on the convention floor.
- For additional info on the Studio’s plans for Comic-Con and for real-time updates during the convention, please follow us on Twitter at @warnerbrostv — official hashtag #WBSDCC — and visit http://comiccon.thewb.com.
- To connect with WBTVG in the social space — including official Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for WBTVG series, talent and producers — check out the social media contacts page here: http://comiccon.thewb.com/wbtv-social-media-contacts/
SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK PILOT SCREENINGS
WEDNESDAY, JULY 8
6:00–10:00 p.m. The first time is always the best time. Comic-Con and Warner Bros. Television proudly continue our annual Preview Night tradition, with exclusive world premiere screenings of the pilot episodes of four of the most highly anticipated series of the 2015–16 television season — Supergirl, Blindspot, Containment and Lucifer — as well as a brand-new episode of Teen Titans Go!. Ballroom 20
- Supergirl: In the vast DC Comics Universe of super heroes, the rich mythology of Superman and the planet Krypton is perhaps the most famous and instantly recognizable. Enter Supergirl! Born on the doomed planet Krypton, the preteen Kara escaped at the same time as the infant Kal-El, but didn’t arrive on Earth until many years later after being lost in the Phantom Zone. Now age 24, living in National City and working as an assistant for Catco Worldwide Media mogul Cat Grant, Kara has spent so many years trying to fit in that she forgot to ever stand out. All that changes when she decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and become the hero she was always destined to be. With the help of Daily Planet photographer James Olsen, her foster sister Alex, and the research of the super-secret, off-the-grid Department of Extra-Normal Operations (DEO) and its head, Hank Henshaw, who are tasked with keeping the Earth safe from aliens, Kara takes to the skies to protect her world.
- Blindspot: Sullivan Stapleton (300: Rise of an Empire) and Jaimie Alexander (Thor films) star in Blindspot, a one-hour action thriller from Berlanti Productions (The Flash, Arrow, Pan) and writer/executive producer Martin Gero (Stargate: Atlantis). Stapleton stars as hardened FBI agent Kurt Weller, who is drawn into a complex conspiracy when a naked amnesiac, Jane Doe (Alexander), is found in Times Square covered in a series of cryptic tattoos … including his name on her back. As Weller and his teammates at the FBI begin to investigate the veritable treasure map that is Jane Doe’s tattoos, they are drawn into a high-stakes underworld that twists and turns through a labyrinth of secrets and revelations — and the information they uncover might ultimately change the world.
- Containment: When a mysterious and deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta, a vast urban quarantine is quickly enforced, forcing those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives while local and federal officials desperately search for a cure in Containment. Torn apart from their loved ones, the survivors trapped within the cordon are fighting against not only fatal infection, but also isolation, fear and the disintegration of society around them. But as they begin to gain each other’s trust, hope remains, and on either side of the cordon unlikely heroes will rise.
- Lucifer: The story of the original fallen angel. Bored and unhappy as the Lord of Hell, Lucifer Morningstar has resigned his throne and retired to the City of Angels, where he owns an upscale piano bar called Lux. When a beautiful pop star is murdered, he feels something awaken deep within him for the first time in roughly 10 billion years. Is he actually capable of feelings for a human being? The very thought disturbs him. The murder attracts the attention of LAPD homicide detective Chloe Dancer, who finds herself both repulsed and fascinated by Lucifer. At the same time, God’s emissary, the angel Amenadiel, has been sent to Los Angeles to convince Lucifer to return to Hell. But with the City of Angels at his feet and a newfound purpose, Lucifer’s having too much fun to go back now.
- Teen Titans Go!: The Teen Titans are back at it again, in Teen Titans Go!, with all-new comedic adventures both in and out of Titans Tower. We’ll have you covered by screening a brand-new episode.
WBTV/WBA SERIES SCHEDULE
PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change. Additional information on panel sessions, signings and other events will be provided as news breaks.
FRIDAY, JULY 10
- 10:00–11:00 a.m. The Big Bang Theory (Season 9 Premieres September 21, Mondays 8/7c on CBS): The Big Bang Theory writers are returning to San Diego, to once again solve the comedy equation and take you behind the scenes of TV’s #1 comedy! Ballroom 20
- 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Lucifer (Midseason on FOX): Sexy, dark and irreverent, Lucifer makes its Comic-Con debut with a screening of the complete pilot episode, followed by a Q&A with series stars Tom Ellis, Lauren German, Lesley-Ann Brandt and DB Woodside and executive producers. Room 6BCF
- Time TBA Mike Tyson Mysteries (New Episodes Fall 2015 on Adult Swim): With a knockout appearance last year, Iron Mike Tyson is taking on Comic-Con again and this rematch is sure to live up to the hype. After a hilarious season of solving mysteries, the Mike Tyson Mystery Team will be back in the ring with all-new episodes on Adult Swim this fall. Join voice cast Mike Tyson and Rachel Ramras (MAD), and producer Hugh Davidson (The Looney Tunes Show) for a first look at the upcoming season and a Q&A discussion. Location TBA
- 12:30–1:30 p.m. The 100 (Midseason on The CW): Following the lethal events of the season finale, join The 100 stars along with executive producer Jason Rothenbergas they return to San Diego for their third appearance at Comic-Con. Ballroom 20
- 1:00–2:00 p.m. Teen Titans Go! (Thursdays 6/5c Cartoon Network): No trip to Comic-Con is complete without spending some time with the liveliest and craziest super hero team on television. Find out what new adventures, food fights and staring contests await Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy, Cyborg and Raven in season three of this hit animated series. Join producers Michael Jelenic (Batman: The Brave and The Bold) and Aaron Horvath (MAD) and members of the voice cast as they screen a brand-new episode, as well as take questions on all things Titans! Room 6A
- 4:30–5:30 p.m. The Originals (Thursdays 9/8c on The CW): The Originals will be returning for more sexy, supernatural intrigue, romance, alliances, betrayals and bloodshed in New Orleans this fall. Join executive producers Julie Plec and Michael Narducci along with series stars Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, Phoebe Tonkin, Leah Pipes, Danielle Campbell and Charles Michael Davis for a special video presentation followed by a Q&A. Ballroom 20
- 5:45–6:45 p.m. iZOMBIE (Tuesdays 9/8c on The CW): The brainy hit iZOMBIE returns to San Diego for its sophomore appearance at Comic-Con. After the shocking events in the season finale, be among the first to get the scoop on what’s in store for season two with executive producers Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero-Wright, along with series stars Rose McIver, Malcolm Goodwin, Rahul Kohli, Robert Buckley and David Anders. Ballroom 20
SATURDAY, JULY 11
- 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m. Blindspot (Mondays 10/9c on NBC): The new one-hour action-thriller Blindspot makes its Comic-Con debut with a screening of the complete pilot episode, followed by a Q&A with star Jaimie Alexander (Thor films) and executive producers Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Martin Gero. Room 6A
- 5:15 p.m.–6:15 p.m. Person of Interest (Midseason on CBS): Person of Interest returns to San Diego for the fifth year! Join the discussion, as the science “fiction” ofPerson of Interest stays one step ahead of real-world events. Find out highly confidential intel when executive producers Jonathan Nolan, Greg Plageman and Denise Thé join series stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Kevin Chapman and Amy Acker undergo a Comic-Con interrogation with a special video presentation and Q&A.Room 6BCF
- 6:15–7:15 p.m. Containment (Midseason on The CW): When a mysterious and deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta, a vast urban quarantine is quickly enforced, forcing those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives while local and federal officials desperately search for a cure. Containment makes its Comic-Con debut with a special screening of the entire pilot episode, followed by a Q&A with series stars David Gyasi, Christina Moses, Chris Wood, Claudia Black and Kristen Gutoskie, along with executive producers Julie Plec, Matt Corman and Chris Ord. Room 6BCF
- 8:00–11:00 p.m. Warner Bros. Television & DC Entertainment Present: Super Hero Saturday Night Offers Fans a Look Inside the Worlds of Arrow, The Flash and Gotham,plus a Pilot Screening of Supergirl and Video Presentations of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and Vixen: DC fans … get ready for another Super Hero Saturday Night! Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment will again welcome fans into the worlds of some of DC Comics’ greatest characters during a three-hour super-experience in Hall H. The exclusive evening will feature a pilot screening of the highly anticipated new action series Supergirl, followed by a Q&A with stars and producers; plus, individual special video presentations and Q&As with stars and producers from Arrow, The Flash and Gotham. Also, don’t miss a special Q&A with cast and producers of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and a peek at the new digital series Vixen. Hall H
SUNDAY, JULY 12
- 10:00–11:00 a.m. The Vampire Diaries (Thursdays 8/7c on The CW): The cast and creative team behind The Vampire Diaries return to San Diego — for the first time in Hall H — for a sizzling seventh appearance at Comic-Con. Series stars Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Kat Graham, Candice Accola and Michael Malarkey will join executive producers Julie Plec and Caroline Dries on stage for a video screening and Q&A session. Hall H
- 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m. Supernatural (Wednesdays 9/8c The CW): Join series stars Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins and Mark A. Sheppard, along with executive producer Jeremy Carver, as they return to answer questions from the audience about what’s in store for the eleventh season of this exciting series! Fans will also be treated to an exclusive video presentation featuring series highlights, as well as special features from the upcoming Supernatural: The Complete Tenth SeasonDVD and Blu-ray™ release on September 8. Hall H
- 1:00–2:00 p.m. Childrens Hospital (New Episodes in 2016 on Adult Swim): Adult Swim’s two-time Emmy®-winning live-action comedy returns to Comic-Con for a sixth year! Creator and star Rob Corddry and executive producer David Wain will be joined onstage by select cast for a lively (and medically accurate!) Q&A. Room 25ABC
Comments Off on Rhode Island Comic Con (November 2013)
|Rhode Island Comic Con|
|Convention Website Address|
|This convention will take place:|
|Start Date (Format mm/dd/yyyy)|
|End Date (Format mm/dd/yyyy)|
|About This Convention|
|Rhode Island Comic Con is New England’s largest pop culture and sci fi convention. The show features the largest group of celebrity guests and artists in New England and vendors featuring toys,comics,gaming and anything you can image.The show features amazing reunions such as Batman and the Power rangers as well as Weird Science,V, Beastmaster and many others|
|Venue Name and Address|
|Rhode Island Convention Center
1 Sabin St
Providence, RI 02903
|Number of Dealer/Exhibitor Tables|
|Please select the Category that best describes the convention|
|Adam West,Burt Ward,Nichelle Nichols,David Anders,Anthony Michael Hall,Jason Davide Frank|
Comments Off on MegaCon 2012 Media Guest List Keeps Getting Bigger
ORLANDO MEGACON MEDIA GUEST LIST IS GETTING BIGGER
MegaCon, the largest comic book, anime, gaming and multi media event in the Southeast, is pleased to announce the addition of guests and events to its February 17th – 19th, 2012 show. MegaCon will take place at the Orange County Convention Center at 9800 International Drive in Orlando, FL.
TOM FELTON just added to the Megacon Media Guest list. Tom played Draco Malfoy in all eight of the award winning Harry Potter movies. He also recently portrayed Dodge Landon in the award winning Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
Other media stars include:
Star Trek Voyager – Robert Picardo (The Doctor), Tim Russ (Tuvok)
Vampire Diaries – Joseph Morgan (Klaus), David Anders (John Gilbert), Lauren Cohan (Rose)
Babylon 5 – Bruce Boxleitner (John Sheridan), Peter Jurasik (Londo Mollari), and Stephen Furst (Vir Cotto)
Star Wars – David Prowse (Darth Vader), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), Richard LeParmentier (Admiral Motti) and Daniel Logan (Boba Fett)
Warehouse 13 – Eddie McClintok (Pete Lattimer), Sal Rubinek (Artie Nielson), Kate Mulgrew (Jane Lattimer
Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel – Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia Chase), Nicholas Brendon (Xander Harris)
StarGate – Tony Amendola (Natchok Var), Paul McGillion (Dr. Carson Beckett), Corin Nemec (Jonas Quinn)
Wayne’s World, True Lies, Krull the Conquerer, Warehouse 13 – Tia Carrere
Ghosthunter’s International – Scott Tepperman, Paul Bradford
Robot Chicken – Matt Senreich, Zeb Wells
Other events include:
Friday evening Indy Film Festival, Zombie Walk, Friday evening reception at the Doubletree International for MegaCon Hotel guests, Lightning Fast Speed Dating, Live music by Emerald Rose, Frenchy and the Punk, and Vic Mignogna, Saturday night anime dance, anime viewing room, Saturday night party at the Rosen Plaza, all three days Paint and Take, RPG, LARP, Card gaming and much more…
MegaCon sponsors: I AM 3D, Funimation, Comics Guaranty Corporation and Students of the Unusual
Check www.MegaConvention.com frequently for more updates.
Orange County Convention Center – West Building
Comments Off on MegaCon Announces Initial 2012 Guest Lineup Including Kate Mulgrew
ORLANDO MEGACON ANNOUNCES INITIAL 2012 GUEST LINEUP
MegaCon, the largest comic book, anime, gaming and multi media event in the Southeast, is pleased to make its initial announcement of guests. MegaCon will take place February 17th – 19th, 2012 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL.
MegaCon is proud to announce the appearance of Kate Mulgrew who played Captain Kathryn Janeway from the TV series Star Trek: Voyager
Comic book guests include: Tony Bedard, Dennis Calero, Nick Cardy, Frank Cho, Amanda Conner, Daxiong, Dan DiDio, Chuck Dixon, Paul Gulacy, Cully Hamner, Phil Hester, Rob Hunter, Dan Jurgens, Barbara Kesel, Pablo Marcos, Phil Noto, Jimmy Palmiotti, Dan Parent, Paul Pelletier, Brandon Peterson, Stephane Roux, Frank Tieri, Tim Townsend, Billy Tucci, Ethan Van Sciver, Zeb Wells
Media guests include stars from Star Trek, Warehouse 13, Vampire Diaries, Star Wars, Babylon 5, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Stargate, Robot Chicken and Ghost Hunters International. These stars include: Kate Mulgrew, Brent Spiner, Eddie McClintok, Sal Runbinek, Tia Carrere, David Anders, Joseph Morgan, Laura Cohan, David Prowse, Daniel Logan, Richard LeParmetier, Peter Mayhew, Valerie Perrine, Bruce Boxleitner, Stephen Furst, Peter Jurasik, Corin Nemec, Tony Amendola, Paul McGillion, Scott Tepperman, and Nicholas Brendon.
Live Music on all three days by popular Celtic Band: Emerald Rose.
Other events include: children events provided by the Skiffytown Heroes, paint and take room, RPG gaming events, anime events, LAN room, belly dancing, Indy Film Festival, movie trailers screening room, Saturday evening dance, late night adult only dance, and professional panel room.
The MegaCon guest list is constantly growing. Check www.MegaConvention.com frequently for more updates.