June 30, 2016 by Colin Solan
Filed under Animation, California, Comic Books, Comic-Con International, Horror, Movies, Other, Science Fiction and Fantasy, Signing and Appearance Profiles, Television, Video Games
Kevin Smith (Clerks, Yoga Hosers) and Marc Bernardin (Static Shock, Genius) appear at The American Comedy Co. on Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 8:00 PM for a live recording of FATMAN ON BATMAN to talk about all the news in movie make believe, terrific TV and anything that squeaks in Geek!
The American Comedy Co. San Diego
818 6th Ave, #B, San Diego, CA 92101
Boston Comic Con is thrilled to host celebrated creator FRANK MILLER in a rare convention appearance. Not only is this his only appearance in New England, but it’s also one of his only remaining appearances in the US this year.
This is an amazing opportunity for fans to meet one of the industry’s most significant talents. Miller’s seminal work on Batman and Daredevil redefined both characters and influenced an entire generation of creators. His independent titles Sin City and 300 have both been adapted to films.
Frank is appearing on Friday, August 12 only.
There are three special Frank Miller VIP Packages available each with unique art and autograph guarantee benefits. Click the link for further details.
Plus, Frank will be conducting two one-hour public signings with autographs available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Frank Miller is one of the most celebrated creators in comic book history, noted for combining film noir and manga influences in his comic art creations. Beginning with his run on Marvel’s Daredevil, during which he created the popular ninja assassin Elektra, Miller ushered in a darker, grittier vision of superheroes which paved the way for more mature themes to be explored in comic book form. His seminal work on Batman with The Dark Knight Returns and Year One continues to influence creators today and is sets the stages for the most recent films. His independent titles Sin City and 300 have both been adapted to movies, with Miller co-directing the latter alongside Robert Rodriguez. Most recently Miller has worked on All-Star Batman and Robin and currently is co-writing the third installment of Dark Knight Returns.
He joins a guest artist list of well over 80 of the world’s most talented comic book creators – a portfolio unmatched by any other comic book convention, in New England or elsewhere including Sam Kieth, Jae Lee, John Cassaday, Erik Larsen, Terry Dodson, Mike Allred, Greg Capullo, Adam Hughes, Arthur Adams, Amanda Conner, David Lloyd, Jimmy Palmiotti, Phil Jimenez, Scott Snyder, Mark Waid, Bernie Wrightson, Stan Sakai, and many more!
Media guests include William Shatner (Star Trek), Karen Gillan (Guardians of the Galaxy), Jenna Coleman (Doctor Who), Karl Urban (Star Trek Beyond), Ben McKenzie (Gotham), John Barrowman (Arrow), Ciara Renee (Legends of Tomorrow), Robbie Amell (The Flash), Caity Lotz (Legends of Tomorrow), and more. Check the website for full details on exciting events!
About Boston Comic Con:
The Boston Comic Con is a 100% independently run comic book show committed to bringing the biggest and best comic creators to New England. Run by fans for fans, Boston Comic Con is not affiliated with any other convention tour or corporate interests. Hosting over 120,000 square feet of vendors selling comic books, toys, posters, trading cards, and other pop culture memorabilia, this is a destination event for geeks of any stripe. This year’s convention will be held Friday August 12th, Saturday August 13th, and Sunday August 14th at the Seaport World Trade Center, 200 Seaport Blvd, Boston, MA 02210. For more information please go to our website at www.bostoncomiccon.com and follow us on Twitter (@BostonComicCon) and Facebook!
Join Kevin Smith (Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy) as he records SModcast live at 92Y on Monday, July 11, 2016 at 7:30 pm!
Learn about the history of Comic Book Men and get a sneak peak at Kevin Smith’s new late-night talk show Geeking Out on AMC.
About Geeking Out:
Geeking Out, a new late-night talk show hosted by Kevin Smith (Comic Book Men, Clerks) and Greg Grunberg (Heroes, Heroes Reborn Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens), will take a timely look at pop culture through a fanboy lens and feature talk, clips, celebrity interviews and out-of-the-studio segments. The series will premiere with a special episode covering Comic-Con International: San Diego in late July followed with eight more 30-minute episodes to run weekly starting in late summer.
92nd Street Y
1395 Lexington Avenue, New York, New York 10128
Writer/Director KEVIN SMITH will be returning to The Prince Charles Cinema to present the London Premiere of his forthcoming film, YOGA HOSERS on Tuesday, June 28th!
Not only will Kevin be taking to the stage for an hour long intro / Q&A before the film, he’ll also be returning to it after for another hour of fun-filled chit-chat!
So what are you waiting for? Get your tickets now for what is sure to be another great night with Kevin Smith in the house!
SCHEDULE – 2nd Screening:
23:59 – Kevin Smith intro
00:30 – YOGA HOSERS [London Premiere]
02:00 – Kevin Smith Q&A
The Prince Charles Cinema
7 Leicester Place, WC2H 7 London, United Kingdom
+44 20 7494 3654
Florida Supercon is the LARGEST Comic Con in Miami. Supercon takes place JULY 1-4, 2016 at THE MIAMI BEACH CONVENTION CENTER and FILLMORE MIAMI BEACH AT THE JACKIE GLEASON THEATER!
Find the best in Comic Books, Media Guests, Anime, Animation, Video Games, Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Pop Culture in South Florida. Florida Supercon is 4 days of fun featuring celebrity guests, comic book creators, voice actors, industry guests, cosplayers, artists, writers, panels, Q&A’s, films & shorts, costume & cosplay contests, vendors, parties, anime, workshops, video gaming and more!
Some of the highlights for Florida Supercon 2016 include:
- Star Trek 50th Anniversary Celebration: William Shatner “Captain Kirk”, Walter Koenig “Pavel Chekov”, Michael Dorn “Worf”, Denise Crosby “Tasha Yar”, Robert Picardo “The Doctor”, René Auberjonois “Odo”, Robert Duncan McNeill “Tom Paris”, David Warner “Chancellor Gorkon & St. John Talbot”, Chase Masterson “Leeta the Bajoran”, and Star Trek: The Motion Picture Cinematographer Bruce Logan.
- DC’s Legends of Tomorrow star: Casper Crump “Vandal Savage”.
- FOX’S Gotham star: Ben McKenzie “Jim Gordon”.
- Doctor Who star: Alex Kingston “River Song.”
- The Walking Dead Cast Members: Michael Cudlitz “Abraham Ford”, and Denise Crosby “Mary”.
- Star Wars Cast Members: Jeremy Bulloch “Boba Fett”, Tim Rose “Admiral Ackbar”, Jessica Henwick “Jessika Pava”, Chris Parsons “4-Lom”, and Star Wars: A New Hope special effects co-ordinator Bruce Logan.
- First Time Ever TRON Reunion: Bruce Boxleitner “TRON”, David Warner “Sark”, Cindy Morgan “Yori”, and TRON Cinematographer Bruce Logan.
- Game of Thrones cast members: Natalia Tena “Osha” and Jessica Henwick “Nymeria Sand”.
- Harry Potter stars: Natalia Tena “Tonks”, and Devon Murray “Seamus Finnigan”.
- Sesame Street cast members: Emilio Delgado “Luis” and Bob McGrath “Bob Johnson”.
- Steven Universe stars: Zach Callison “Steven”, Michaela Dietz “Amethyst”, and Grace Rolek “Connie”.
- Wrestling Superstars: Mick Foley, Diamond Dallas Page, Mickie James, The Godfather, Road Warrior Animal, and Demolition.
- Pokémon 20th Anniversary Celebration: Veronica Taylor “Ash Ketchum”, Michael Liscio Jr. “Clemont and Inkay”, Tara Sands “Bulbasaur, Richie, Sammy, Oddish and Jasmine”, Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld “Bonnie, Nurse Joy, Jasmine and Audino”, and Haven Paschall “Serena, Concordia, and Ellie”.
- Anime Stars: Vic Mignogna (Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragon Ball Z, Ouran High School Host Club), Caitlin Glass (Fullmetal Alchemist, Attack on Titan, Ouran High School), Steve Blum (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo), Trina Nishimura (Attack on Titan, Witchblade, Claymore), and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (Ghost In The Shell, Sailor Moon).
- Animation Stars: Tara Strong (Teen Titans Go), Jeremy Shada (Adventure Time), Dana Snyder (Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Squidbillies), Jim Cummings (Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Darkwing Duck), Larry Kenney (Thundercats, Count Chocula), Charles Martinet (Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Toadsworth, Baby Mario, and Baby Luigi for Nintendo), Steve Blum (Transformers: Prime, Wolverine and the X-Men, Legend of Korra), and Andy Sipes (Triptank, Code Monkeys, and Archer).
- Dozens of Comic Book Artists and Writers: Keith Giffen, Greg Capullo, Fabian Nicieza, Joe Keatinge, Leila del Duca, Neal Adams, José Luis Garcia-Lopez, Jorge Molina, Ramón Pérez, Jill Thompson, Colleen Doran, Scott Kolins, Allen Bellman, Scott Hepburn, Trevor Von Eeden, Elliot S! Maggin, Brad Walker, Khary Randolph, John Beatty, Shawn Crystal, Brent Schoonover, Cory Smith, Tony Bedard, Mateus Santolouco, Tony Bedard, Jose Delbo, Greg Horn, Andy Kuhn, and many more!
- Power Ranger Cast Members: Austin St. John, Christopher Khayman Lee, Steve Cardenas, and Dan Southworth.
- More celebrities including: Henry Winkler (Happy Days, Children’s Hospital, The Waterboy), Kel Mitchell (Kenan & Kel, Good Burger, Mystery Men), Lisa Corrao (Every Witch Way), and many more to be announced!
- Multiple costume and cosplay events each day of the show, with thousands of dollars in cash and prizes on the line!
- Over 500,000 square feet of convention space featuring 700 booths and tables with vendors, celebrity guests, artists, filmmakers, and exhibits. 3 stages of entertainment, video games, plus a dozen rooms for panels, tabletop gaming and screenings.
Click here to get tickets.
FSC is JULY 1-4, 2016
THE MIAMI BEACH CONVENTION CENTER & FILLMORE MIAMI BEACH AT THE JACKIE GLEASON THEATER
1901 Convention Center Dr. • Miami Beach, FL 33139 • 305.673.7311
SUPERCON PHONE: 954.399.1330 firstname.lastname@example.org
Writer Charles Soule appears at Dragon’s Lair San Antonio on Sunday, June 26th from 10:00 AM- 2:00 PM!
Details: From heavy-hitter titles like Daredevil, Superman/Wonder Woman, Death of Wolverine and Star Wars: Poe Dameron to cult hits like Letter 44, She-Hulk, and Strange Attractors, Charles Soule is the hardest-working writer in comics today! Dragon’s Lair is fortunate to have him appearing right here in our stores to meet fans and sign copies of his work!
Dragon’s Lair Comics and Fantasy
7959 Fredericksburg Rd. Suite 129, San Antonio, TX 78229
Indy Pop Con is proud to welcome Kevin Smith to Indianapolis to share with fans his upcoming film Yoga Hosers AND do a live recording of his podcast Fatman on Batman with co-host Marc Bernardin on Saturday, June 18, 2016 at 10:30 PM! Tickets available at the link…
This once-in-a-lifetime special event will feature an introduction from Kevin Smith, followed immediately by a special full screening of his film Yoga Hosers, starring Harley Quinn Smith, Lily Depp, Natasha Lyonne, and Johnny Depp.
Immediately following the film, join Kevin and Marc for a live recording/broadcast of their podcast Fatman on Batman!
Indiana Convention Center
100 S Capitol Ave, Indianapolis, Indiana 46225
Writer Charles Soule appears at Midtown Comics Downtown to sign copies of Marvel’s Daredevil #8 and BOOM! Studios’ Strange Attractors on at 7:00 PM on Thursday, June 9th!
Losing a big case has landed A.D.A. Matt Murdock in night court for the foreseeable future, meaning less time to clean up the streets as Daredevil. Luckily Blindspot’s around to pick up the slack. But the young hero might be in over his head when he stumbles upon a horrific crime scene, one that will terrify even The Man Without Fear.
Strange Attractors #1:
What’s to Love: Writer Charles Soule (Daredevil, Civil War) crafted a mind-bending story about how chaos math kept New York City from collapsing under itself. Presented for the first time as a limited series, each oversized issue of Strange Attractors features 30 pages of content, including new, never-before-seen bonus story pages.
What It Is: Dr. Brownfield believes that a series of cataclysmic events are coming to New York City, and someone has to keep the city safe after he’s gone. Enter Heller Wilson, a brilliant mathematics student, who discovers that his ailing, perhaps insane, mentor has been saving New York City from societal collapse by a series of ‘adjustments,’ a la the Butterfly Effect. But now, all signs point toward an impending disaster. Can Wilson take what little he’s learned and save the city in time?
Midtown Comics Downtown
64 Fulton Street, New York, New York 10038
Archie writer Mark Waid and artist Veronica Fish appear at Aw Yeah Comics for an in-store signing Wednesday, June 22, 2016 from 4:00 till 7:00 PM!
Aw Yeah Comics
107 N High St, Muncie, IN 47305
Kevin Smith and Ralph Garman take a twisted look at showbiz news and bite the Hollywood hand that feeds them. Sometimes, they feel bad and give Hollywood a tetanus shot and some Neosporin, but, even then, they usually just turn around and bite Hollywood’s other hand. They can’t help it. It’s their nature. It’s like that “scorpion and frog” story. But, deep down, they’re just two nice East Coast boys… who happen to have a heavy dependence on drugs and alcohol, respectively.
246 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02116