Citing the need for EPIC registration to fine tune their process, Comic-Con International has announced that 2014 badge registration will not occur in November. Registered members should stay tuned in December as they are only promised a 48 hour prior notice to the registration system going live. You can read the whole announcement via the Toucan blog below:
We wanted to give everyone a heads up that 2014 badge preregistration for Comic-Con will not occur in November. EPIC registration is fine tuning the process and needs a little more time to make sure everything is in order. As soon as we have a better idea of the timeline we will let everyone know at least 48 hours prior to preregistration going live. So in the meantime, please relax and enjoy your upcoming Thanksgiving weekend!
And while the team at EPIC Registration is working hard this weekend, here are some steps you can take to get ready for the big day.
1. Confirm that you are eligible to participate in badge preregistration.
Log in to your Member ID account by clicking here. If you are eligible to participate you will see a message on your homepage that says, “You are eligible to participate in Comic-Con 2014 Attendee badge preregistration.” For eligibility information, please click here.
2. Check your Membership Type.
While logged in to your Member ID account, confirm that your Membership Type is correct. This information is found in the “Change My Preferences/Unsubscribe” section. If you are a junior, senior, or member of the military, make sure that your Membership Type reflects this status so you are shown the available discounts on the day of the sale. If your Membership Type is listed as “Adult,” you will not receive the discount.
3. Do not “opt-out” of emails from Comic-Con.
This information is found in the “Change My Preferences/Unsubscribe” section once you have logged in to your Member ID account. If you have selected to “opt-out” of email notifications from Comic-Con, you will not be notified of the preregistration sale date and time.
4. Double check your EPIC login information.
Once you are logged in to your account, select the “Show My Info” option. Your personal registration login info will be displayed at the top of the gray box. Be sure to use this information only when logging in to the EPIC registration system. Even if your last name is spelled incorrectly, enter the login info exactly as shown on the sale day or you may get locked out! You may change the spelling of your name after the sale.
October 18, 2013 by Brian Pate
Filed under Animation, California, Comic Books, Comic-Con International, Convention News, Florida, Georgia, Horror, Michigan, New York, New York Comic Con, Television, Top Stories
Animate Miami and The Walking Dead get documentaries, SDCC gets a convention expansion, Superman gets a 75th anniversary short, and what do you get? A whole lot more in this week’s Scene on the Web.
APE and NYCC are both gearing up, Comic-Con International re-ups their trademark for Los Angeles Comic Con, Wonder Woman gets a live action fan-film trailer, and more.
Marvel rolls out lots of teasers for New York Comic Con announcements, Thor: The Dark World gets some new character posters, and The Avengers: Age of Ultron movie teaser from SDCC finally goes public.
Up for another SDCC Digest? We have cosplay galleries and videos, news that Hugh Jackman walked around as Wolverine (and nobody noticed), Loki’s introduction to the Marvel Studios panel, and lots more.
Matt Smith wanders the floor of SDCC in a Simpsons mask, stuntmen make a daring rescue, the WB shows off a lot of videos, and lots more in the latest SDCC Digest.
MARVEL ONE SHOT: AGENT CARTER
MARVEL STUDIOS INVITED COMIC-CON FANS TO ATTEND AN EXCLUSIVE SCREENING OF ALL-NEW MARVEL: ONE-SHOT & FILMMAKER/TALENT PANEL
WHO: Louis D’Esposito, Director & Marvel Studios Co-President, Hayley Atwell (“Peggy Carter”), Brad Winderbaum, Producer, and Eric Pearson, writer. Moderated by Entertainment Weekly’s Anthony Breznican.
WHAT: Marvel invited Comic-Con fans to attend a special screening of MARVEL ONE SHOT: AGENT CARTER, followed by filmmaker/talent Q&A panel to celebrate the release of “Marvel’s Iron Man 3” releasing on HD Digital and HD Digital 3DSeptember 3, 2013, and on 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray, DVD, Digital Copy and On Demand September 24, 2013.
WHEN: FRIDAY, JULY 19 @ 7:00 PM PST
WHERE: Reading Cinemas Gaslamp 15, San Diego, CA
MORE: About MARVEL ONE SHOT: AGENT CARTER:
Picking up where the events of CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER left off, “Agent Carter” tracks British operative Peggy Carter (THE FIRST AVENGER’s Hayley Atwell) as she joins the nascent S.H.I.E.L.D. organization. As she searches for the enigmatic “Zodiac” key, Agent Carter also battles her sexist, bureaucratic boss, Agent Flynn (THE WEST WING’s Bradley Whitford), who thinks women have no place in the secret-agent business.
Co-starring Dominic Cooper (CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER) as Howard Stark, “Agent Carter” is the fourth entry in the fan-favorite “Marvel One-Shot” Short Film Series, which exists within the continuity of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
MARVEL ONE-SHOT: AGENT CARTER will be available as a bonus feature on “Marvel’s Iron Man 3,” debuting on HD Digital and HD Digital 3D September 3, 2013, and on 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray, DVD, Digital Copy and On Demand September 24, 2013.
Aaron Eckhart, Yvonne Strahovski, Stuart Beattie and Kevin Grevioux. Photos by Eric Charbonneau and Alexandra Wyman.
I, FRANKENSTEIN will be in theaters January 24, 2014.
KEVIN ALEJANDRO AND MICHAEL JAI WHITE WILL GUEST STAR AS DC COMICS CHARACTERS SEBASTIAN BLOOD AND BRONZE TIGER IN ARROW’S SECOND SEASON
Both Will Go Head-to-Head Against Stephen Amell’s Hooded Vigilante When Arrow Returns October 9
SAN DIEGO and BURBANK, Calif. (July 20, 2013) — Oliver Queen (series star Stephen Amell) will have his work cut out for him when he returns to Starling City on October 9 for the second season of The CW’s #1 series Arrow (Wednesdays 8/7c). At today’s Comic-Con panel session in Ballroom 20, fans learned of two new DC Comics characters coming to Starling City — Bronze Tiger and Sebastian Blood. Executive producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg revealed that Michael Jai White (Spawn, The Dark Knight, Mortal Kombat) will guest star as Bronze Tiger, while Kevin Alejandro (Southland, True Blood, Golden Boy) will appear as Sebastian Blood in upcoming episodes of the acclaimed action drama’s second season (airdates to be announced).
- Michael Jai White plays Ben Turner, a claw-wielding assassin better known as Bronze Tiger, who’s well known to DC Comics fans as a member of both the League of Assassins and the Suicide Squad. On Arrow, he’ll form an unholy alliance with fan-favorite villain China White (played by Kelly Hu), another well-established character in the DC Comics universe.
- Kevin Alejandro plays Sebastian Blood. Drawing inspiration from the iconic New Teen Titans nemesis Brother Blood, Sebastian is an alderman who rises to power in the wake of the earthquake that devastated Starling City in Arrow’s first-season finale. Blood’s “man-of-the-people” popularity instantly places him at odds with Oliver Queen, whose family he blames for the quake.
- In terms of embracing their dark side, Michael Jai White appeared in The Dark Knight with Heath Ledger’s Joker, voiced DC Comics villain Doomsday in the animated Justice League and portrayed the hell-bound title character in New Line Cinema’s Spawn. Kevin Alejandro, on the other hand, is better known for playing cops and detectives (Southland, Golden Boy), but recently his character paid the ultimate price for practicing witchcraft in his role as Jesus Velasquez in True Blood.
- Based upon characters published by DC Comics, Arrow is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Guggenheim and Kreisberg. The series is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television
AMY ACKER TAKES “ROOT” AS A SERIES REGULAR IN SEASON THREE OF PERSON OF INTEREST
EXEC. PRODUCERS NOLAN & PLAGEMAN RELEASE NEW SEASON INTEL AT COMIC-CON!
POI Fans May Find Their Face in Upcoming Episodes via a New Social Photo Opportunity Launching for Season 3
BURBANK, Calif. (July 20, 2013) — With the Machine gone missing and cybervillain Root on the loose at the end of season two, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to get decent intel on Person of Interest, which returns for a third season September 24 on a new day and time: Tuesdays at 10/9c on CBS. Fortunately, fans of the hit surveillance drama from Warner Bros. Television and J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions were given the inside track by executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman today at the show’s packed Comic-Con panel.
Details on the breaking news below:
ACKER TAKES ROOT
- The minds behind the Machine (Nolan & Plageman) announced that fan-favorite recurring guest star Amy Acker has been promoted to series regular for the upcoming third season, starring as Root, the Machiavellian cyber-hacker.
- First introduced in season one as a foil for Finch and last seen in a mental institution, the conflicted cyber-terrorist Root will stop at nothing to find the Machine and set it free.
- Acker previously appeared in J.J. Abrams’ Alias and Joss Whedon’s Angel, and she stars in Whedon’s acclaimed feature film Much Ado About Nothing.
WANT TO BECOME THE NEXT “PERSON OF INTEREST”?
Nolan and Plageman also hinted that fans should keep an eye on the Person of Interest Facebook page in the coming weeks. Here’s why:
- Warner Bros. Television and CBS are launching the Person of Interest Social Photo Opportunity, which will give the show’s fans on Facebook the ability to submit photos for a chance to become a “person of interest” at some point during season three.
- Currently in development and expected to launch prior to the debut of season three, the POI Social Photo Opportunity will allow fans to submit personal photos through Facebook, with the possibility of their image being included in the show during an upcoming episode.
- For more information on the chance to become a “person of interest,” fans should “Like” the Person of Interest Facebook page at www.facebook.com/
PersonOfInterestCBS and stay tuned for details — which will be released in the coming weeks — on when and how to submit images.
- When the POI Social Photo Opportunity Facebook app launches, fans will then be able to submit an image from their own Facebook account, add effects and then upload it to a database. POI producers will then select photos for use during upcoming episodes of the show, with new images appearing throughout the entire third season. Photos could appear at any time … in any place … in any episode.
The first two seasons of Person of Interest are available now for digital download (in standard and high definition) through all online retailers, includingiTunes and Amazon Instant Video. Additionally, the complete second season of Person of Interest will be available on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and DVD on September 3, 2013.