Comments Off on Fan Expo Canada 2011 Adds Hayden Panettiere and William Shatner
TOP 10 MUST SEES AT FAN EXPO CANADA™
The ultimate four-day fan experience adds Heroes star HAYDEN PANETTIERE and the one and only WILLIAM SHATNER to line-up!
TORONTO, ON (August 17, 2011) – Only eight more days until FAN EXPO CANADA™ arrives in Toronto! Canada’s premier combined gaming, horror, comic, science fiction and anime event – the third largest in the world – is celebrating 17 years of Comic-Con North! This year’s expanded four-day festival takes place August 25-28, 2011 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre showcasing more than 600 exhibitors and retailers covering over 250,000 square feet.
Tickets to FAN EXPO CANADA™ are on sale in advance until August 21st and available at the door. Prices range from $79 (DELUXE Fan Expo Pass); and SINGLE Fan Expo Passes from $40, $30 and $25. All prices include HST and are available through the FAN EXPO CANADA™ website, www.fanexpocanada.com.
In addition to NEW features and events including Nerd Speed Dating, fans can also expect returning popular favourites such as Canada’s largest costume Masquerade, Artist Alley, Sketching Duels, National Gaming Tournaments and, of course, celebrity autograph and Q&A panels. For the complete programming schedule, visit www.fanexpocanada.com.
TOP 10 MUST SEES AT FAN EXPO CANADA
CANADA’S LARGEST COSTUME MASQUERADE – SATURDAY NIGHT ONLY! 8PM (All genres) If you’ve never been to a masquerade or costume play, THIS is the one to attend! This annual event features creative fans showcasing their original costumes derived from the comic, sci-fi, horror, anime and fantasy worlds – all on stage for a chance to win bragging rights. Master of Ceremonies, Gordon Rose, brings you the most popular event of the weekend and the largest show of its kind in Canada!
(Saturday, Aug. 27, 8 pm, Hall G)
NERD SPEED DATING (All genres)
For the first time ever, speed dating is coming to FAN EXPO CANADA™! Come and enjoy good music, great company, and the thrilling potential to meet your soul mate! Each genre will have its own session and is free for all attendees! This is the perfect opportunity to seek out like-hearted individuals at the biggest fan party of the year! This event is for adults 18 years of age or older.
(Thursday-Saturday, various times, Room 803)
TELETOON CANADA PRESENTS THE WORLD PREMIERE OF “STAR WARS: CLONE WARS”
Season Four, Episode One (Sci-Fi)
The season will be an exciting one where viewers will see the heroic Jedi Knights and their clone army fight to preserve order. Season four will show efforts met with strong resistance from the massive Separatist droid army. Escalating and expanding into uncharted corners of the galaxy, Star Wars: The Clone Wars grows with exotic adventures and enhanced animation. Within the galactic battle, fearsome foes from the past return to settle the score, including lethal adversaries such as bounty hunter Cad Bane and the monstrous Savage Opress. Hosted by TELETOON at Night’s Fred Kennedy, fans in attendance will get the chance to win one of three mystery prize packs to be revealed onsite.
(Saturday, Aug. 27, 5 pm, Room 718)
SKETCHING DUELS (Comic)
Check out your favourite comic artists as they go pen to pen! The original art they produce goes up for grabs once they’re done! An amazing experience to witness, these friendly competitions show who’s got the edge in comic book illustration!
(Thursday-Sunday, various times, Room 716)
STAR WARS – JEDI SCHOOL (Sci-Fi/Fantasy)
Lightsaber Dueling Demo & Workshop. How do Jedis do it? It looks so cool! Find out here.
(Saturday, Aug. 27, 4 pm, Room 715B)
501ST GRAND MARCH
Have your cameras ready as the 501st Legion of Stormtroopers march the floor en masse as they travel to the location of their much looked forward to Grand Assembly photo opportunity. When they get rolling they can’t stop, so get your shot and then get yourself to the Gallery on 800 for the Assembly.
(Saturday, Aug. 27, 5 p.m., 800 Level)
Join VICTORIA PRICE and producer/co-star MITCH MARKOWITZ as we take a walk down memory lane of The Hilarious House of Frightenstein, Canada’s legendary monster kid’s show starring Vincent Price and Billy Van. Moderated by Rue Morgue’s Paul Corupe!
(Friday, Aug. 26, 5 pm, Room 715B)
ANIMOTION J POP DANCE (Anime)
Coming to you from the heart of downtown Toronto, Fan Expo is proud to present our annual J-Pop dance. Featuring a mix of the hottest hits from the hottest shows, to classics everyone remembers and loves, ANIMOTION promises to give you the beats to unleash your inner dance machine!
LOLITA FASHION 101 (Anime)
Lolita,a Japanese street fashion know for its intricate and delicate doll-like look, has become one of the most recognized street stylesin Japan, and is now a popular movement in North America. Members of ‘The Southern Ontario Lolita Community’ will give you an opportunity to find out all about this growing fashion style and how to get involved in it! Check out the fashion show too!
(Sunday, Aug. 28, 1 pm, Room 707; Fashion Show, Sunday, Aug. 28, 1:30 pm, Room 718)
VIDEO GAME TOURNAMENTS and CARD TOURNAMENTS (Gaming)
GX offers the largest destination for live competitive console and PC gaming tournaments featuring all the latest and hot titles. GX has been the site of the Canadian National Championships for Magic: the Gathering, Pokemon, and UFS Universal Fighting System, and is hosting the national championship for the Great Canadian Board Game Blitz. FAN EXPO CANADA™ is home to the largest gathering of gamers in the country!
(Daily, various times and locations)
FAN EXPO CANADA™ recently announced its stellar line up of celebrity guests comprising of the world’s most legendary names in pop culture, many of today’s hottest film and television stars, as well as industry luminaries including:
Sci-Fi / Fantasy:
- ANTHONY DANIELS (Star Wars)
- ELIZA DUSHKU (Dollhouse)
- TOM FELTON (Harry Potter)
- LARRY HAGMAN and BARBARA EDEN (I Dream of Jeannie)
- LEE MAJORS (The Six Million Dollar Man)
- HAYDEN PANETTIERE (Heroes) – NEW
- KATEE SACKHOFF (Battlestar Galactica)
- ROBERT J. SAWYER (Bestselling author of Flashforward)
- WILLIAM SHATNER (Star Trek) – NEW
- KEVIN SORBO (Hercules)
- SAM TRAMMELL (True Blood)
- ROBERT ENGLUND (A Nightmare On Elm Street)
- JOHN WATERS (Legendary director of Pink Flamingos, Multiple Maniacs, Serial Mom)
- MARTIN LANDAU (Ed Wood) – NEW
- JOHN ASTIN (The Addams Family)
- DOUG BRADLEY (Hellraiser)
- HEATHER BREWER (NY Times bestselling author of The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod)
- LANCE HENRIKSEN (Aliens)
- VICTORIA PRICE (Daughter of Vincent Price and author of A Daughter’s Biography)
- STEVEN SEVERIN (London Punk pioneer and founder of Siouxsie And the Banshees)
- CHRIS CLAREMONT (Legendary Comic Writer) – NEW
- DAVID FINCH (Batman:The Dark Knight Artist) – NEW
- JOE KUBERT (Legendary Comic Book Artist)
- ADAM KUBERT (Artist of ASTONISHING SPIDER-MAN & WOLVERINE)
- ANDY KUBERT (Artist of BATMAN & FLASHPOINT)
- JEFF SMITH (Cartoonist Guest of Honour – Creator of BONE)
- DOUG SNEYD (Legendary Playboy cartoonist)
- CLAY MANN (Artist — X-Men: Legacy) – NEW
- JASON DELINE, SHAWN MEUNIER (Stars of Bakugan)
- MIKE MCFARLAND, CHRIS SABAT (Stars of Dragonball Z)
- JUNKO MIZUNO (Acclaimed manga artist)
- VIC MIGNOGNA (Star of Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood)
- VERONICA TAYLOR (Star of Pokemon)
- JARETT CALE, GEOFF LAPAIRE (Pure Pwnage)
- ROBIN D. LAWS (Author – Dungeons & Dragons, Heroquest)
- ED GREENWOOD (Author of Forgotten Realms)
- VICTOR LUCAS, SHAUN HATTON (The Electric Playground)
For the complete list of celebrity guests, go to www.fanexpocanada.com.
TICKET DETAILS: All advance ticket sales are available August 21st through the Fan Expo Canada
website: www.fanexpocanada.com. (All prices include HST)
DELUXE Fan Expo Pass: $79 — BEST VALUE, LIMITED QUANTITIES
· Includes unlimited access to Fan Expo Canada for up to 4 days
· Access to Special Expo Preview on Thursday, August 25 at 2:00 pm
· (Excludes special ticketed events and anything otherwise noted)
SINGLE Fan Expo Pass:
· Includes unlimited access Fan Expo Canada on specified date
· (Excludes special ticketed events and anything otherwise noted)
|Thursday, August 25, 2011
(starting at 4pm)
Friday, August, 26, 2011
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Sunday, August 28, 2011
WHEN: AUGUST 25- 28, 2011
|Thursday, August 25Friday, August 26
Saturday, August 27
Sunday, August 28
|2:00 pm – 4:00 pm (Special Preview for Deluxe Pass holders)
4:00 pm – 9:00 pm
10:00 am – 8:00 pm
10:00 am – 8:00 pm
10:00 am – 6:00 pmMetro Toronto Convention Centre South Building
222 Bremner Blvd, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
For more information visit, www.fanexpocanada.com
Comments Off on Marvel Signing Schedule for C2E2 2011 Revealed
On Medium at Large, the official blog for C2E2 promoters ReedPop, the Marvel signing schedule has been revealed:
FRIDAY, MARCH 18TH
2 to 3 PM
FRED VAN LENTE
3 to 4 PM
BRYAN J.L. GLASS
4 to 5 PM
5 to 6 PM
5 to 6 PM
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
6 to 7 PM
SATURDAY, MARCH 19TH
11 AM to 12 PM
12 to 1 PM
1 to 2 PM
2 to 3 PM
3 to 4 PM
FRED VAN LENTE
4 to 5 PM
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
5 to 6 PM
SUNDAY, MARCH 20TH
11 AM to 12 PM
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
12 PM to 1 PM
FRED VAN LENTE
1 PM to 2 PM
George Pérez and Clay Mann sign at Coliseum of Comics on Saturday May 7, 2011 for Free Comic Book Day.
George Pérez – Legendary Artist on such books as New Teen Titans, Wonder Woman, Justice League of America, Avengers, Fantastic Four, JLA/Avengers, and Crisis on Infinite Earths. George will be on hand to sign for fans.
Clay Mann – Artist on Age of X, X-Men Legacy, Daredevil, Thor: Art of War, Heroes for Hire and Dark Reign Elektra. Clay will be on hand to sign for fans.
Coliseum of Comics Sanford
Seminole Towne Center Mall
177 Towne Center Circle, Sanford, FL 32771
The DeLand Collectibles Show will feature 22 to 30 vendors, 10 to 12 special guests and a wide variety of vintage comics & toys, antiques and pop culture items.
LOCATION: The DeLand Conference & Business Center
ADDRESS: 1301 E. International Speedway Blvd. (U.S. 92)
DATE: Sunday April17
ADMISSION: $3.00 (12 and under FREE!)
Johnny Martino – Actor, “Paulie Gatto” from The Godfather and “Salvatore” in his newest movie Dead By Friday
Richard & Gary Lester – Blue Heron Prod. – Astro Zombies
Bill Black – AC Comics, Creator of Femforce & Movie Producer
Shannon Vokes – Knighty Knight Publishing, Sleeprunners
Clay Mann – Marvel Comic Artist, X-Men, Daredevil & More
Martin T. Pierro – Owner, Publisher, Writer – Cosmic Times
Christopher Faulkner – Writer of Souled
Ryan Miller – Freelance Conceptual and Sequencial Artist
Erik Hellekson – Special Effects Makeup Artist & Mask Designer
FREE Vintage Car Show!
MAGIC THE GATHERING TOURNAMENT
Sponsored By Cloak And Dagger – Daytona Beach
$300.00 in Cash Prizes – $20.00 Entry Fee – DCI Sanctioned
Standard Constructed – Swiss Style
There is FREE parking and food will be available for purchase.
Visit the website here for more information.
Clay Mann (artist of X-Men Legacy), Greg Kirkpatrick (artist of Living in Infamy). Deleon Walters (artist of the upcoming Giant Robot Warrior Maintenance Crew), Manny Aguilera (artist of Beware of Doug) and more guest artists on Saturday Jan. 29, plus a HUGE SALE scheduled for Sat. Jan 29 – Sun. Jan. 30.
Clay Mann will be at the store with our other guest artists on Saturday Jan. 29 from 11:30am – 6:30pm.
Clay Mann is a Marvel Comics superstar currently working on X-Men Legacy and Marvel’s Age of X crossover. His other credits include: Daredevil, Dark Reign: Elektra, Four, Heroes for Hire, The Immortal Iron Fist, Marvel Adventures Fantastic Four, Marvel Adventures Two-In-One, Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z, Thor: Man of War, Ultimate X-Men, X Necrosha, X-Men Legacy, X-Men Unlimited. Clay will be signing autographs for FREE all day long, plus he will be sketching for a modest fee.
Greg Kirkpatrick’s art credits include: Living In Infamy, Novavolo, Mutants and Masterminds, and Savage Dragon.
Deleon Walters is the official FSC artist and is working on his latest project Giant Robot Warrior Maintenance Crew.
Manny Aguilera (better known as Manny Cartoon) is the artist of Beware of Doug.
More artists to be announced!
Florida Super Comics
5917 S. University Drive, Davie, FL
New York Comic Con is almost here and we know you’re going to be spending a lot of time at the Marvel Booth (#1843). And why wouldn’t you be? You’ll have the chance to meet the legendary Stan Lee your favorite superstar Marvel creators like Joe Quesada, Jeph Loeb and Brian Michael Bendis and so many more!
Marvel always brings the best talent and the biggest announcements to New York and this year is no different. So clear those calendars True Believers because Marvel plans on keeping you busy! Between the star-studded appearances in the Marvel booth and the Earth-shattering announcements at all the Marvel panels, you won’t have time for anything else!
Jim Demonakos says in the latest ECCC newsletter:
First off, we’ve added another media guest to the mix, this time it’s Mr. BRENT SPINER, best known for his role as Lt. Commander Data on Star Trek: The Next Generation – plus, he was in Independence Day, cult classic love! He will be appearing all three days!
In the area of comic guests, we have another bunch of guests who’ve never been to ECCC before, including RON GARNEY (Wolverine), MARV WOLFMAN (Crisis on Infinite Earths), CAMERON STEWART (Batman & Robin), DOUG TENNAPEL (Earthworm Jim), CLAY MANN (X-Men Legacy) and tons more! As always, you can view the complete list here…
Comments Off on Florida Supercon 2010 Adds Over 30 New Guests
FLORIDA SUPERCON 2010
FSC is 18 days away! Over 30 New Comic Book, Cosplay, Music, Wrestling and Media Guests announced for June 18-20, 2010 show
Plus: FSC’s very first variant comic books announced!
Miami, FL – Florida Supercon continues to grow! Florida’s most exciting and fun genre convention continues to add more guests and events for the 5th annual Florida Supercon, set to occur June 18-20, 2010 in Miami, FL. Over thirty new guests have been added from the worlds of Comic Books, Cosplay, Music, Horror, Video Games and Wrestling with more still to be announced as we get closer to the show!
Florida Supercon (FSC) is South Florida’s Comic Book, Anime, Animation, Video Game and Sci-Fi / Fantasy Festival, a three day festival that includes celebrity guests, comic book publishers, artists, writers, vendors, Q&A’s, parties, costume contests, anime programming, cosplay, panels, photo shoots, live music, video games and more. The event kicks off at 12:00PM, Friday, June 18 and the fun continues almost around the clock until 6:00PM, Sunday, June 20. FSC returns to Miami for its 5th year as it takes over almost 150,0000 square feet at the Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel and Convention Center to become the largest genre convention in the history of South Florida! Over 200 guests will be in attendance at the event.
New comic book industry guests include:
· Jose Delbo: Argentinian born artist Jose Delbo has a career that has spanned 50 years, starting in the Silver Age of the early 1960’s until today. Fans will best know Delbo as the main artist on Wonder Woman from 1976 to 1981 and The Transformers (Marvel Comics) from issue 36-67 (1987-1990).
· Clay Mann: Comic Book artist of X-Men Legacy, Dark Reign: Elektra, Daredevil, Ultimate X-Men, Thor: Man of War, Heroes For Hire, Marvel Knights 4, Four, The Immortal Iron Fist, Marvel Adventures: Fantastic Four, X-Men Unlimited and more!
· Tommy Castillo: Comic Book artist of Batman: Gotham Knights, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Detective Comics, Dungeons & Dragons, Evil Ernie in Santa Fe, Fear the Dead: A Zombie Survivor’s Journal, Green Arrow, Grimm Fairy Tales, Hari Kari, Se7en, Toe Tags Featuring George A. Romero, G.I. Joe, Vampirella and more!
· Chris Brunner: Comic Book artist of Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Dark Horse Presents, Hellblazer, Resident Evil, Star Wars Tales, Ghost Handbook, The Ride, The Ride: Foreign Parts, The Ride: Savannah, X-Omnibus, Robin, Hellhounds, Wolverine / Punisher, Gotham Central, Savage Dragon and more!
· Steve Borock: Industry Guest. Steve is the Consignment Director for Heritage Auctions. He is the former (and first) President, Primary Grader and Restoration Detection Expert at CGC (Comics Guaranty Corporation) from 1999 – 2008. Steve was a key figure in introducing third-party certification to the comic book hobby and helping to change the hobby forever.
· Koi Turnbull: Comic Book artist of Fathom, Wolverine, Aspen Seasons, Batgirl, Batman and the Outsiders, Batman: Gotham Knights, Black Panther, Detective Comics, Fathom: Cannon Hawke, The Flash, Green Lantern, Heroes, New Warriors, Nova, Outsiders: Five of a Kind, Superman Confidential, What If…?, Worlds of Aspen & more!
· Louis Small jr.: Artist of Vampirella, Vampirella Strikes!, Vampirella / Lady Death, Vampirella / Shi, Adventure Comics 80-Page Giant, Batman, The Chaos Effect, The Darkness, Codename: Knockout, JLA Secret Files, Ka-Zar, Kabuki Gallery, Witchblade, Solar: Man of the Atom, Lady Death, Chaos! Quarterly & more!
· Stephan Nilson: Comic Book writer of Monsterpocalypse, Justice League Unlimited, Atomik Mike, Batman Strikes! and Danny Husk. Stephan’s Television and TV related digital material includes Smallville (seasons 6&7) Justice and Doom and Visions, Ghost Whisperer and Red Dwarf.
· Daxiong: Hailing from China, Daxiong founded QiCartoon Studios in 1999, where he produced over 100 publications. He is currently one of the most successful artists in Chinese and European comics. Now living in the U.S., his American credits include: Star Wars Adventures, Top 10 Season Two & Justice League of America 80 Page Giant.
· Don Hillsman II: Comic Book Artist. Pencil credits include: Street Fighter, By Any Means Necessary: The Life & Times of Malcolm X, Daemonstorm, Devil Dinosaur Spring Fling, JLA Secret Files & Origins, Marvel Comics Presents, Southern Knights, Ultraverse Unlimited & Xavier Institute Alumni Yearbook. Inking credits: X-Men, Iron Man, Gambit, Damage, Scion, Sigil & more!
New Media Guests include:
· Andy Sipes has been seen/heard/felt in some of your favorite things: Code Monkeys (art director and character designer, voice of Mr. Larrity, Dean and more), Archer, Last Call with Carson Daly, Adult Swim’s Saul of the Mole Men and Minoriteam, Comedy Central’s Crank Yankers, MTV’s The Andy Milonakis Show and DJ and The Fro plus many more.
· Dawn Wells: Best known as Mary Ann in the Gilligan’s Island TV series, multiple reunion specials and the Gilligan’s Planet animated series
· Cindy Morgan is best known for her role as Lora / Yori in Tron and as Lacey Underall in Caddyshack. She recently was the voice of Ma3a in the Tron 2.0 video game and has been a part of the viral marketing for the new Tron Legacy film in the role of Lora Bradley once again.
· Larry Thomas is best known for his role on Sienfeld as the tyrannical Soup Nazi. Larry’s other credits include: Austin Powers, A Fist Full of Quarters, Spaced Out, Postal and The Warehouse Job and much more!
· Alex Vincent is best known for his role as Andy Barclay in the Child Play series of films, including: Childs Play and Child’s Play 2.
· Joseph Culp is an accomplished actor who can most recently be seen on the AMC hit series Mad Men as Archie Whitman (Don Draper’s father). To the comic book world, he is probably best known as Dr. Doom in the original 1994 Fantastic Four movie. His many TV roles include appearances on House, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, The Greatest American Hero (with his dad Robert Culp) and ER.
· Sally Kellerman is best known for her role as Major Margaret “Hot Lips” Houlihan in the film MASH (1970), for which she was nominated for an Oscar for Best Actress in a Supporting Role. Sally has dozens of credits including starring roles in the classic Star Trek 2nd pilot episode Where No Man Has Gone Before, as Rodney Dangerfield’s teacher / love interest in Back To School, The Boston Strangler, Brewster McCloud, The Last of the Red Hot Lovers, Lost Horizon, Centennial, Foxes, Moving Violations, Meatballs III: Summer Job, That’s Life!, Boris and Natasha, PrÃªt-Ã -Porter, American Virgin and many more!
· Scott Tepperman is the newest investigator on Ghost Hunters International. He has been traveling abroad investigating with the Ghost Hunters and his first episodes will air starting this summer’s season premiere.
· Geretta Geretta: She played Rosemary in Lamberto Bava’s 1985 film Demons (DÃ¨moni), where she was transformed into a demonic creature who tries to a slaughter Berlin theater audience. Her career as an actress has included roles in Susan Siedelman’s Smithereens, Lucio Fulci’s Murder Rock & Bruno Mattei’s Rats: Night Of Terror.
· Daphnee Duplaix. Actress and Model, Daphnee starred as Valerie Davis on the TV series Passions and currently stars on One Life to Live as Rachel Gannon. She was a 2010 NAACP Image Award Nominee for “Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series”. Her other notable roles include appearances on Angel, The District, Dharma & Greg, Felicity, CSI, CSI: NY, The Fighting Temptations, Demon Island, The Invisible Man, Just Shoot Me! and more! She was the July 1997 Playboy Playmate of the Month.
· Lou Pizarro is Director, Producer and Star of Tru TV’s Operation Repo.
· Paris Themmen is best known for his role as Mike Teevee in the 1971 film Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, when he was 11 years old. He was also a voice actor for Macross Plus (1994) and appeared on Star Trek: Voyager (Season 6, Episode 13: “Virtuoso”) in 2000 and The Ed Sullivan Show in the early 70’s.
New Cosplay and Entertainment Guests include:
· Steampunk Cosplay Guests. Founded in 2004 Outland Armour specializes in metal, leather, wood working, film making, special effects, acting, sculpture, custom prop creation, custom sewing & all aspects of costume design. They are constantly expanding to better realize your imagination. The crew has worked to create and constantly improve their original steampunk characters; The sky pirates of H.M.S. Amaranth. The crew will be hosting a variety of panels all weekend long.
· The Console Alliance was started by gamers for gamers out of love for video games. The Console Alliance is known for making video game parodies, independent movies, documentaries, shorts and more. Despite the film’s, The Console Alliance’s main goal is to correct today’s wrongful accusation of what a “Gamer” is and to correct the majorities conclusion that video games “Cause Violence” and “Desensitize children and younger players minds.”
New Wrestling Guests include:
· The Original Gangsta, New Jack is coming. New Jack is best known for his run in ECW in the 90’s into 2000’s, where he was a 3 time tag team champion (twice with Mustafa as The Gangstas and once with Kronus as The Gangstanators). He started out in USWA (Tag Team Champion), North Georgia Wrestling (Heavyweight Champion and Tag Team Champion) and Smokey Mountain (Tag Team Champion) before ECW. Since ECW, New Jack has wrestled for XPW, TNA Wrestling, CZW and Wrestling Society X.
· Lizzy Valentine. As a wrestler, Lizzy has been featured in TNA Wrestling, Xtreme Pro Wrestling, Wrestlicious, XPW, Kapow! & Jersey All Pro Wrestling
In addition to the guests listed above, eight new bands have been added to the live music line up, including: Modify The Moment, Bell Tower Falls, Viva Le Vox, Enrique’s Revenge, The Strikeouts, Protagonist, Sir Veza and Rumor Has It.
Plus: FSC is thrilled to announce the first ever variant comics produced only for Florida Supercon. There will be 2 awesome limited edition Lady Death variant comics printed just for Florida Supercon!
· The first variant is a special Lady Death: Dragon Wars #1 FSC Sketch Cover Variant Edition limited to 200 copies. Everyone loves sketch covers! Get your Lady Death sketch variant and have your favorite artist at the show do a sketch to make your variant a one of a kind collectible! Lady Death: Dragon Wars #1 is written by Brian Pulido and features art by Ivan Reis. This variant will only be available at the Florida Supercon booth at the show.
· The second Lady Death variant at FSC is Lady Death: The Rapture #1 “The End Edition”. Limited to just 77 copies! Each copy will be signed and numbered by Brian Pulido (Writer / Creator). Variant cover by Louis Small jr. This limited edition will be available at Brian Pulido’s booth at FSC.
More information for each of these guests may be found at the FSC website www.supercon.tv. These new guests join a line up of over 150 guests already announced for the show, and that number continues to grow every week. Some of the guests already lined up for FSC 2010 include:
Comic Book artists and writers such as Ariel Olivetti, Bill Sienkiewicz, Khoi Pham, Rafa Sandoval, Allen Bellman, Greg Horn, Brad Walker, Paul Gulacy, Fred Van Lente, Filip Sablik, Georges Jeanty, Dustin Weaver, Steve Kurth, Shawn Crystal, Joe Jusko, Clayton Henry, Brian Pulido, Bo Hampton, Alex Saviuk, Pat Broderick, Rob Hunter, Greg “Dark One” Williams, Vinnie Tartamella, Dick Kulpa, Jay Leisten, Luis Diaz and more!
Anime and Animation voice actors like Troy Baker (Naruto, Code Geass), Richard Horvitz (Invader Zim), Larry Kenney (Thundercats), Brittney Karbowski (Xenosaga, Pani Poni Dash), Dana Snyder (Aqua Teen), Charles Fleischer (Roger Rabbit), Brad Kesten (Charlie Brown), Angela Lee-Sloan (Lucy in Peanuts), Stacy H. Tolkin (Sally in Peanuts) and more!
Legendary Filmmakers Lloyd Kaufman and Hershell Gordon Lewis.
Movie and TV Celebrities such as Richard “Shaft” Roundtree, Fred “The Hammer” Willaimson (From Dusk Til’ Dawn), Tia Carrere (Wayne’s World, Relic Hunter), Robb Demarest (Ghost Hunters International), Brandy Green (Ghost Hunters International), Luciana Carro (Battlestar Galactica), John Wesley Shipp (The Flash), Charles Fleischer (Back to the Future II), Julie McCullough (Growing Pains, The Blob), Rebecca Staab (Fantastic Four), Anthony Forrest (Star Wars), Michelle Lintel (The Black Scorpion) and more!
Wrestling Guests such as The Iron Sheik (WWF), Greg “The Hammer” Valentine (WWF), Daffney (WCW, TNA), Stacy “The Kat” Carter (WWE, WWF), Sinn “Kizarny” Bodhi (WWE), Terri Runnels (WWE), Traci Brooks (TNA) and SoCal Val (TNA).
Musical Guests like Less Than Jake, Addax, Feeding Fingers, The Joyness, S.S. Hanami, Robbed By A Flute, Sci-Fried, The Pursuit and more!
Cosplay and Entertainment Guests such as Yaya Han, Miracole Burns, The 3000 Brigade (Smash Bros. Show), Supercon Championship Wrestling, Wasabi Anime and more!
Stand Up Comedy Guests like Lisa Corrao, The Revenge of the Nerds Comedy Show, Julie McCullough and more!
Additional guests can be found at on the Florida Supercon website at www.supercon.tv
This years FSC will have dedicated programming tracks for each of the genre’s being celebrated. Some of the amazing events include:
· Q&A’s with most of our attending guests
· Comic art portfolio reviews for aspiring artists
· Fan panels for all aspects of the show (Comics, Anime, Animation, Sci-Fi etc.)
· Industry panels for breaking into Comics, Anime, Animation etc…
· The FSC Costume Competition (with over $3,000 in cash and prizes)
· The FSC Cosplay Skit Contest
· Rumble Roses Cosplay Wrestling
· The Otaku Insomnia Rave
· Cosplay Deviant’s Hentai Cafe
· Cosplay RockBand
· Supercon Championship Wrestling’s “Supercon Mania!”
· The Smash Brothers 3000 Super Show
· Filmmaking workshops with Hershell Gordon Lewis
· The FSC Film Festival
· Live Musical Performances
· Live stand up comedy
· Over 100 video game stations
· Video game tournaments
· A 50,000 square feet exhibition room with over 400 booths and tables featuring vendors, celebrity guests, artists, filmmakers and exhibits.
Complete information on these and dozens of more events taking place all weekend can be found at www.supercon.tv
The convention hours of operation are:
FRIDAY, JUNE 18: 12:00PM – 2:00AM
SATURDAY, JUNE 19: 11:00AM – 2:00AM
SUNDAY, JUNE 20: 11:00AM – 6:00PM
FSC is located at The Double Tree Miami Airport Hotel and Convention Center,
711 NW 72nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126. Discounted room rates for convention are available. See our website www.supercon.tv for details.