POSTPONE THE 4TH OF JULY FIREWORKS: THE BIG SHOW HAPPENS WHEN WARNER BROS. TELEVISION BURSTS INTO COMIC-CON® 2015 WITH 18 TOP SERIES AND ANOTHER MASSIVE SATURDAY NIGHT EVENT WITH DC ENTERTAINMENT IN HALL H
Studio Brings 18 Series to Comic-Con from Top Producers Including Greg Berlanti, Bruno Heller, Andrew Kreisberg, Steven Molaro, Jonathan Nolan, Greg Plageman, Julie Plec, Rob Thomas & Diane Ruggiero-Wright, and Many More
In Addition to the Second Saturday Night WBTV/DC Entertainment Event, Fans Won’t Want to Miss Panels and Signings with the Stars and Producers of Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, Blindspot, Childrens Hospital, Containment, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Gotham, The 100, iZOMBIE, Lucifer, Mike Tyson Mysteries, The Originals, Person of Interest, Supergirl, Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! and The Vampire Diaries
BURBANK, Calif. (June 10, 2015) — Good luck keeping your popsicles and ice cream from melting with the amount of heat that Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) is bringing to Comic-Con International: San Diego. The Studio returns to the world’s leading pop-culture convention in 2015 with 18 series, including 13 returning fan-favorite shows and five programs making their much-anticipated Comic-Con debut. Following an at-capacity event last year, Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment are once again joining forces for another epic Saturday night event in Hall on July 11, featuring super heroes, Super-Villains, screenings and special appearances from returning favorites Arrow, The Flash and Gotham, plus highly anticipated series Supergirl and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.
Also participating in all the Comic-Con action are fan favorites and new additions including Arrow’s Stephen Amell; The Flash’s Grant Gustin; The Vampire Diaries’ Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder; Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins; The Originals’ Joseph Morgan; Childrens Hospital’s Rob Corddry; Mike Tyson Mysteries’ Mike Tyson; and cast members from Gotham, Supergirl, iZOMBIE and The 100 — to name just a few — who will join producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Blindspot), Jonathan Nolan & Greg Plageman (Person of Interest), Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Containment), Jason Rothenberg (The 100), Rob Thomas & Diane Ruggiero-Wright (iZOMBIE, Veronica Mars), Andrew Kreisberg (Arrow, The Flash) and many more to deliver the ultimate experience for fans, with screenings, panel sessions, autograph signings and media appearances.
- Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment have your Saturday night all taken care of with a nearly three-hour special event in Hall H on July 11 featuring the full pilot screening of Supergirl, along with panels, special surprises and moments inside the worlds of Arrow, The Flash, Gotham, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and new digital series Vixen.
- Comic-Con essentials Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, Childrens Hospital, The Flash, Gotham, The 100, iZOMBIE, Mike Tyson Mysteries, The Originals, Person of Interest, Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! and The Vampire Diaries are all back in San Diego.
- World-premiere screenings of complete pilot episodes of highly anticipated new WBTV series Supergirl, Blindspot, Containment and Lucifer on Preview Night, plus an advance look at a new episode of Teen Titans Go!
- The Studio’s 2,400-square foot booth will once again be a must-visit destination on the convention floor.
- For additional info on the Studio’s plans for Comic-Con and for real-time updates during the convention, please follow us on Twitter at @warnerbrostv — official hashtag #WBSDCC — and visit http://comiccon.thewb.com.
- To connect with WBTVG in the social space — including official Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for WBTVG series, talent and producers — check out the social media contacts page here: http://comiccon.thewb.com/wbtv-social-media-contacts/
SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK PILOT SCREENINGS
WEDNESDAY, JULY 8
6:00–10:00 p.m. The first time is always the best time. Comic-Con and Warner Bros. Television proudly continue our annual Preview Night tradition, with exclusive world premiere screenings of the pilot episodes of four of the most highly anticipated series of the 2015–16 television season — Supergirl, Blindspot, Containment and Lucifer — as well as a brand-new episode of Teen Titans Go!. Ballroom 20
- Supergirl: In the vast DC Comics Universe of super heroes, the rich mythology of Superman and the planet Krypton is perhaps the most famous and instantly recognizable. Enter Supergirl! Born on the doomed planet Krypton, the preteen Kara escaped at the same time as the infant Kal-El, but didn’t arrive on Earth until many years later after being lost in the Phantom Zone. Now age 24, living in National City and working as an assistant for Catco Worldwide Media mogul Cat Grant, Kara has spent so many years trying to fit in that she forgot to ever stand out. All that changes when she decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and become the hero she was always destined to be. With the help of Daily Planet photographer James Olsen, her foster sister Alex, and the research of the super-secret, off-the-grid Department of Extra-Normal Operations (DEO) and its head, Hank Henshaw, who are tasked with keeping the Earth safe from aliens, Kara takes to the skies to protect her world.
- Blindspot: Sullivan Stapleton (300: Rise of an Empire) and Jaimie Alexander (Thor films) star in Blindspot, a one-hour action thriller from Berlanti Productions (The Flash, Arrow, Pan) and writer/executive producer Martin Gero (Stargate: Atlantis). Stapleton stars as hardened FBI agent Kurt Weller, who is drawn into a complex conspiracy when a naked amnesiac, Jane Doe (Alexander), is found in Times Square covered in a series of cryptic tattoos … including his name on her back. As Weller and his teammates at the FBI begin to investigate the veritable treasure map that is Jane Doe’s tattoos, they are drawn into a high-stakes underworld that twists and turns through a labyrinth of secrets and revelations — and the information they uncover might ultimately change the world.
- Containment: When a mysterious and deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta, a vast urban quarantine is quickly enforced, forcing those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives while local and federal officials desperately search for a cure in Containment. Torn apart from their loved ones, the survivors trapped within the cordon are fighting against not only fatal infection, but also isolation, fear and the disintegration of society around them. But as they begin to gain each other’s trust, hope remains, and on either side of the cordon unlikely heroes will rise.
- Lucifer: The story of the original fallen angel. Bored and unhappy as the Lord of Hell, Lucifer Morningstar has resigned his throne and retired to the City of Angels, where he owns an upscale piano bar called Lux. When a beautiful pop star is murdered, he feels something awaken deep within him for the first time in roughly 10 billion years. Is he actually capable of feelings for a human being? The very thought disturbs him. The murder attracts the attention of LAPD homicide detective Chloe Dancer, who finds herself both repulsed and fascinated by Lucifer. At the same time, God’s emissary, the angel Amenadiel, has been sent to Los Angeles to convince Lucifer to return to Hell. But with the City of Angels at his feet and a newfound purpose, Lucifer’s having too much fun to go back now.
- Teen Titans Go!: The Teen Titans are back at it again, in Teen Titans Go!, with all-new comedic adventures both in and out of Titans Tower. We’ll have you covered by screening a brand-new episode.
WBTV/WBA SERIES SCHEDULE
PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change. Additional information on panel sessions, signings and other events will be provided as news breaks.
FRIDAY, JULY 10
- 10:00–11:00 a.m. The Big Bang Theory (Season 9 Premieres September 21, Mondays 8/7c on CBS): The Big Bang Theory writers are returning to San Diego, to once again solve the comedy equation and take you behind the scenes of TV’s #1 comedy! Ballroom 20
- 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Lucifer (Midseason on FOX): Sexy, dark and irreverent, Lucifer makes its Comic-Con debut with a screening of the complete pilot episode, followed by a Q&A with series stars Tom Ellis, Lauren German, Lesley-Ann Brandt and DB Woodside and executive producers. Room 6BCF
- Time TBA Mike Tyson Mysteries (New Episodes Fall 2015 on Adult Swim): With a knockout appearance last year, Iron Mike Tyson is taking on Comic-Con again and this rematch is sure to live up to the hype. After a hilarious season of solving mysteries, the Mike Tyson Mystery Team will be back in the ring with all-new episodes on Adult Swim this fall. Join voice cast Mike Tyson and Rachel Ramras (MAD), and producer Hugh Davidson (The Looney Tunes Show) for a first look at the upcoming season and a Q&A discussion. Location TBA
- 12:30–1:30 p.m. The 100 (Midseason on The CW): Following the lethal events of the season finale, join The 100 stars along with executive producer Jason Rothenbergas they return to San Diego for their third appearance at Comic-Con. Ballroom 20
- 1:00–2:00 p.m. Teen Titans Go! (Thursdays 6/5c Cartoon Network): No trip to Comic-Con is complete without spending some time with the liveliest and craziest super hero team on television. Find out what new adventures, food fights and staring contests await Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy, Cyborg and Raven in season three of this hit animated series. Join producers Michael Jelenic (Batman: The Brave and The Bold) and Aaron Horvath (MAD) and members of the voice cast as they screen a brand-new episode, as well as take questions on all things Titans! Room 6A
- 4:30–5:30 p.m. The Originals (Thursdays 9/8c on The CW): The Originals will be returning for more sexy, supernatural intrigue, romance, alliances, betrayals and bloodshed in New Orleans this fall. Join executive producers Julie Plec and Michael Narducci along with series stars Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, Phoebe Tonkin, Leah Pipes, Danielle Campbell and Charles Michael Davis for a special video presentation followed by a Q&A. Ballroom 20
- 5:45–6:45 p.m. iZOMBIE (Tuesdays 9/8c on The CW): The brainy hit iZOMBIE returns to San Diego for its sophomore appearance at Comic-Con. After the shocking events in the season finale, be among the first to get the scoop on what’s in store for season two with executive producers Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero-Wright, along with series stars Rose McIver, Malcolm Goodwin, Rahul Kohli, Robert Buckley and David Anders. Ballroom 20
SATURDAY, JULY 11
- 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m. Blindspot (Mondays 10/9c on NBC): The new one-hour action-thriller Blindspot makes its Comic-Con debut with a screening of the complete pilot episode, followed by a Q&A with star Jaimie Alexander (Thor films) and executive producers Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Martin Gero. Room 6A
- 5:15 p.m.–6:15 p.m. Person of Interest (Midseason on CBS): Person of Interest returns to San Diego for the fifth year! Join the discussion, as the science “fiction” ofPerson of Interest stays one step ahead of real-world events. Find out highly confidential intel when executive producers Jonathan Nolan, Greg Plageman and Denise Thé join series stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Kevin Chapman and Amy Acker undergo a Comic-Con interrogation with a special video presentation and Q&A.Room 6BCF
- 6:15–7:15 p.m. Containment (Midseason on The CW): When a mysterious and deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta, a vast urban quarantine is quickly enforced, forcing those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives while local and federal officials desperately search for a cure. Containment makes its Comic-Con debut with a special screening of the entire pilot episode, followed by a Q&A with series stars David Gyasi, Christina Moses, Chris Wood, Claudia Black and Kristen Gutoskie, along with executive producers Julie Plec, Matt Corman and Chris Ord. Room 6BCF
- 8:00–11:00 p.m. Warner Bros. Television & DC Entertainment Present: Super Hero Saturday Night Offers Fans a Look Inside the Worlds of Arrow, The Flash and Gotham,plus a Pilot Screening of Supergirl and Video Presentations of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and Vixen: DC fans … get ready for another Super Hero Saturday Night! Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment will again welcome fans into the worlds of some of DC Comics’ greatest characters during a three-hour super-experience in Hall H. The exclusive evening will feature a pilot screening of the highly anticipated new action series Supergirl, followed by a Q&A with stars and producers; plus, individual special video presentations and Q&As with stars and producers from Arrow, The Flash and Gotham. Also, don’t miss a special Q&A with cast and producers of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and a peek at the new digital series Vixen. Hall H
SUNDAY, JULY 12
- 10:00–11:00 a.m. The Vampire Diaries (Thursdays 8/7c on The CW): The cast and creative team behind The Vampire Diaries return to San Diego — for the first time in Hall H — for a sizzling seventh appearance at Comic-Con. Series stars Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Kat Graham, Candice Accola and Michael Malarkey will join executive producers Julie Plec and Caroline Dries on stage for a video screening and Q&A session. Hall H
- 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m. Supernatural (Wednesdays 9/8c The CW): Join series stars Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins and Mark A. Sheppard, along with executive producer Jeremy Carver, as they return to answer questions from the audience about what’s in store for the eleventh season of this exciting series! Fans will also be treated to an exclusive video presentation featuring series highlights, as well as special features from the upcoming Supernatural: The Complete Tenth SeasonDVD and Blu-ray™ release on September 8. Hall H
- 1:00–2:00 p.m. Childrens Hospital (New Episodes in 2016 on Adult Swim): Adult Swim’s two-time Emmy®-winning live-action comedy returns to Comic-Con for a sixth year! Creator and star Rob Corddry and executive producer David Wain will be joined onstage by select cast for a lively (and medically accurate!) Q&A. Room 25ABC
Comments Off on Dark Horse Announces Signings and Panels Schedule for SDCC 2013
DARK HORSE ANNOUNCES SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON 2013 SCHEDULE!
DARK HORSE SIGNINGS
IMPORTANT: All giveaway, limited edition, and exclusive items are available while supplies last. Free prints, comics, or posters are provided for each signing while supplies last. You may bring items to sign or purchase them at the Dark Horse Store or Dark Horse Exclusives Store. We reserve the right to restrict the nature and/or limit the number of items to be signed, at our discretion. Signing lines will be closed as needed.
Ticketed signings are noted below. Drawings for these events will begin at show opening the day before and day of each signing. Come to the Dark Horse booth early for your best chance to get a ticket.
Events are subject to change. Some restrictions apply. Please see Dark Horse staff for details.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 17
Special Preview Night Signings for Exclusives and Limited Editions
6:00 p.m. LAST MAN STANDING: KILLBOOK OF A BOUNTY HUNTER: Daniel LuVisi
Free print. Limited edition hardcover for sale at Dark Horse Exclusives Store.
7:00 p.m. PLANTS VS. ZOMBIES: Paul Tobin
Free print. San Diego Comic-Con International Exclusive Plants vs. Zombies comic for sale at show opening at Dark Horse Exclusives Store (two per person limit).
8:00 p.m. MASS EFFECT: Cosplayer Holly Conrad as Commander Shepherd
Free double-sided Mass Effect/Dragon Age poster. Limited edition Mass Effect Bronze Alliance Normandy SR-1 Ship Replica on sale at show opening at Dark Horse Exclusives Store (two per person limit).
THURSDAY, JULY 18
10:00 a.m. LAST MAN STANDING: KILLBOOK OF A BOUNTY HUNTER: Daniel LuVisi
10:00 a.m. THE STRAIN: Mike Huddleston, E.M. Gist
11:00 a.m. LONE WOLF AND CUB: Kazuo Koike
11:00 a.m. DRAGON RESURRECTION: Lin Zhang
12:00 p.m. X: Duane Swierczynski, Eric Nguyen, Dave Wilkins
12:00 p.m. DRAGON AGE: THE WORLD OF THEDAS: Ben Gelinas, Nick Thornborrow
1:00 p.m. BLOOD BROTHERS: Andrew Waller, Mike Gagerman
2:00 p.m. HALO: INITIATION: Terry and Rachel Dodson
2:00 p.m. LONE WOLF AND CUB: Kazuo Koike
3:00 p.m. CATALYST COMIX: Joe Casey, Ulises Farinas
3:00 p.m. BEANWORLD: Larry Marder
4:00 p.m. BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, ANGEL & FAITH: Georges Jeanty, Christos Gage
5:00 p.m. PICTURES THAT TICK: Dave McKean
5:00 p.m. DYNAMICS PRESENTS CONAN: THE PHANTOMS OF THE BLACK COAST: Attila Futaki
6:00 p.m. THE BLACK BEETLE: Francesco Francavilla
DREAM THIEF: Jai Nitz
BUZZKILL: Donny Cates
6:00 p.m. CREEPY, EERIE: Dan Braun, Jason Shawn Alexander, Chris Zephro, Justin Mabry
FRIDAY, JULY 19
10:00 a.m. CREEPY, EERIE: Dan Braun, Glenn Hetrick, Chris Zephro, Justin Mabry
10:00 a.m. THE MONKEY KING: Katsuya Terada
11:00 a.m. LONE WOLF AND CUB: Kazuo Koike
11:00 a.m. SACRIFICE: Sam Humphries
12:00 p.m. THE GUILD: Felicia Day *Ticketed event
12:00 p.m. MIND MGMT: Matt Kindt
1:00 p.m. STAR WARS: LEGACY: Corinna Bechko, Gabriel Hardman
1:00 p.m. BANDETTE: Paul Tobin, Colleen Coover
2:00 p.m. THE LAST OF US: Neil Druckmann, Faith Erin Hicks *Ticketed event
2:00 p.m. LONE WOLF AND CUB: Kazuo Koike
2:00 p.m. MASS EFFECT: Courtenay Taylor (voice actor of Jack), Mike Gamble
3:00 p.m. THE FIFTH BEATLE: Vivek Tiwary, Andrew Robinson
3:00 p.m. NUMBER 13: David Walker, Robert Love
4:00 p.m. DRAGON AGE: Claudia Black (voice actor of Morrigan), Ben Gelinas, Nick Thornborrow *Ticketed event
4:00 p.m. THE MONKEY KING: Katsuya Terada
5:00 p.m. DARK HORSE PRESENTS: Shannon Wheeler (Villain House), Ulises Farinas and Erick Freitas (Gamma), Geoffrey Thorne and Todd Harris (Genre 19)
5:00 p.m. STAR WARS: Carlos d’Anda and Gabe Eltaeb (Star Wars), Randy Stradley and Doug Wheatley (Dark Times), Dan Parsons and Wes Dzioba (Dawn of the Jedi), Mark Irwin (Darth Vader and the Ninth Assassin), Dave Wilkins (Legacy), Zack Giallongo (Ewoks: Shadows of Endor)
6:00 p.m. TNT PRESENTS FALLING SKIES: Noah Wyle, Moon Bloodgood, and Falling Skies cast *Ticketed event
6:00 p.m. CONCRETE PARK: Tony Puryear, Erika Alexander
SATURDAY, JULY 20
9:00 a.m. LAST MAN STANDING: KILLBOOK OF A BOUNTY HUNTER: Daniel LuVisi
10:00 a.m. EMILY AND THE STRANGERS: Rob Reger, Jessica Gruner
11:00 a.m. ELFQUEST: Wendy and Richard Pini
11:00 a.m. VALVE PRESENTS: Jay Pinkerton, Erik Wolpaw, Heather Campbell, Tristan Reidford
12:00 p.m. CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT: Josh Williamson, Raymond Swanland
BLACKOUT: Frank Barbiere, Micah Kaneshiro
THE OCCULTIST: Tim Seeley, Mike Norton
1:00 p.m. AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER, LEGEND OF KORRA: Michael Dante DiMartino, Bryan Konietzko, Joaquim Dos Santos, Ki-Hyun Ryu, Gene Luen Yang, Chifuyu Sasaki and Naoko Kawano from Gurihiru Studio
2:00 p.m. THE GOON KICKSTARTER TEAM: Eric Powell, Tim Miller and Jeff Fowler from Blur Studio
3:00 p.m. UNDERGROUND: Andrew Vachss
3:00 p.m. BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, ANGEL & FAITH: Georges Jeanty, Andrew Chambliss
4:00 p.m. HOUSE OF GOLD & BONES: Corey Taylor *Ticketed event
5:00 p.m. HELLBOY, B.P.R.D., ABE SAPIEN, BALTIMORE: Mike Mignola
5:00 p.m. ITTY BITTY HELLBOY: Art Baltazar
6:00 p.m. THE SHAOLIN COWBOY: Geof Darrow
6:00 p.m. THE TRUE LIVES OF THE FABULOUS KILLJOYS: Becky Cloonan
SUNDAY, JULY 21
10:00 a.m. BUNNY IN THE MOON: THE ART OF TARA MCPHERSON: Tara McPherson
10:00 a.m. LAST MAN STANDING: KILLBOOK OF A BOUNTY HUNTER: Daniel LuVisi
11:00 a.m. Joss Whedon *Ticketed event
12:00 p.m. R.I.P.D.: Peter Lenkov
1:00 p.m. ALIENS: INHUMAN CONDITION: John Layman
1:00 p.m. 47 RONIN: Mike Richardson, Stan Sakai
2:00 p.m. EMILY AND THE STRANGERS: Rob Reger, Jessica Gruner, Buzz Parker
2:00 p.m. HUSBANDS: Jane Espenson, Brad Bell, Sean Hemeon
*Events are subject to change. Some restrictions apply.
DARK HORSE/PARTNER PANELS
Thursday, July 18
Spartans Unite! Frank O’Connor (franchise development director), Dan Ayoub (executive producer), and other 343 Industries personnel celebrate and discuss the exciting new addition to the Halo universe Halo: Spartan Assault, the new comic book series from Dark Horse Comics, Halo: Initiation, and with some “Mega” surprises. Panelists include Nick McWhorter (director of custom programs, Dark Horse Comics), Graeme Jennings (senior producer, 343 Industries),Martin de la Ronde (creative director, Vanguard), and Brian Reed (franchise writer, Halo).
1:00pm – 2:00pm – Dark Horse: (Super)Powered by Creators
The latter half of 2012 saw the return of two of Dark Horse’s classic characters, Ghost and X, the appearance of new faces like Michael Avon Oeming’s The Victories and Francesco Francavilla’s The Black Beetle, and the reimagination a hero from yesteryear, Captain Midnight! Join Dark Horse publisher Mike Richardson, PR director Jeremy Atkins, and a cast of the industry’s top talent, including Joe Casey (Catalyst, Sex), Francesco Francavilla (The Black Beetle), Duane Swierczynski (X, Two Past Midnight), Joshua Williamson (Captain Midnight, Masks and Mobsters), Tim Seeley and Mike Norton (Revival, The Occultist), along with comics newcomer Donny Cates (Buzzkill), for a look at an exciting new cast of characters!
2:00pm – 3:00pm – The Writer’s Journey: Breaking into Hollywood and Comic Scriptwriting
As we move from the Insight to Indies panel, we’ll address the question every aspiring writer wants answered: “How do I break into the business?” If you are an unpublished writer with dreams of making it in the transmedia marketplace and you don’t know how or where to begin, this is the panel for you. Hollywood screenwriters and graphic novel producers Brandon M. Easton (ThunderCats (2011), Tr
4:30pm – 5:30pm – Creepy and Eerie REBORN and UNDEAD
Are you ready to experience the Creepiest of the Creepy? An evil assemblage of ghoulish creators discuss all things Creepy and Eerie. Artist Jason Shawn Alexander (House of Gold and Bones), Creepy writer and editor Dan Braun, producer Josh Braun (Button Man), and moderator J. C. Vaughn (Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide) discuss the influence of the original Warren Creepy and Eerie magazines relaunched at Dark Horse in hardcover archival editions, new comic books, and artist compilation formats. They’ll also divulge details about the upcoming Creepy feature film. With very special guests and extra-spooky giveaways!
6:00pm – 7:00pm – The Goon Kickstarter and Beyond with Eric Powell and Blur Studios
Back in November, legions of fans rallied together to raise over $400,000 to put together a story reel for the David Fincher-produced feature film based on Eric Powell’s hit comic book series The Goon! Now, Kickstarter supporters and Comic-Con attendees alike will have a chance to catch an exclusive glimpse of this work in progress! Creator Eric Powell, Blur Studios owner Tim Miller, and veteran visual effects guru Jeff Fowler present an update on this crowdfunded full-length motion picture.
Friday, July 19
10:00am – 11:00am – Star Wars Comics: Here and Now
What is the current state of Star Wars comics? Join Dark Horse editor Randy Stradley and Star Wars creators Carlos D’Anda, Corinna Bechko, Gabriel Hardman, Doug Wheatley, Gabe Eltaeb, Tom Taylor, Zack Giallongo, and others for the lowdown on what’s up, what’s coming up, and why you should be reading!
2:00pm – 3:00pm – A Tribute to Kim Thompson of Fantagraphics Books
Gary Groth, Eric Reynolds, and Mike Catron of Fantagraphics Books are joined by Dark Horse’s Diana Schutz and Love and Rockets co-creator Gilbert Hernandez to celebrate the life and career of Kim Thompson, whose legacy as co-publisher of Fantagraphics and bande dessinée‘s greatest ambassador in America spanned five decades.
3:00pm – 4:00pm – Four Colors of Fear: Horror in Comics Past and Present
Throughout comics’ storied history, horror has been an important part of the medium. In 2012 Dark Horse released its most ambitious horror publishing slate to date. Now, Dark Horse unveils a whole slate of new titles guaranteed to have you running for the covers! Join Dark Horse horror line editor Scott Allie, along with Eric Powell (The Goon), Tim Seeley (Hack/Slash/Ex Sanguine),Paul Tobin (Colder), Gabriel Hardman and Corinna Bechko (Station to Station), and others, for an exciting look at this year’s most promising thrills and chills!
4:00pm – 5:00pm – The Art of Video Games
Quite a bit has changed since Dark Horse first published Mass Effect in 2010, as the publisher has grown this line of books to include franchises like Last of Us, Dragon Age, Bioshock, The Legend of Zelda, and most recently, HALO and Tomb Raider! From canonical comics to beautiful hardcover art books, Dark Horse has firmly established that there is life for popular gaming franchises far beyond the games themselves. Dark Horse PR director Jeremy Atkins, creators Faith Erin Hicks and Neil Druckmann (The Last of Us),PopCap Games- Plants vs. Zombies Franchise Art Director Jeremy Vanhoozer, 343 Studios- Halo Franchise Development Director Frank O’Connor and some surprise guest writers and artists offer a look at what’s to come.
5:00pm – 6:00pm – Breaking into Comics Right Now
If you’re an aspiring comic book creator, this is a panel you don’t want to miss! Some of comic book publishing’s top decision makers, including BOOM! Studios editor-in-chief Matt Gagnon, Dark Horse editor-in-chief Scott Allie, IDW Publishing chief creative officer and editor- in-chief Chris Ryall, and Archaia editor-in-chief Stephen Christy, give you up-to-date practical advice on how to break into the comic book industry.
6:00pm – 7:00pm – Rise of the Independents
Word Balloon host John Suintres moderates a conversation with some of the brightest minds in independent comic publishing, including Image Comic’s director of business development Ron Richards, Dark Horse’s director of publicity Jeremy Atkins, BOOM! Studios’ VP of publishing and marketing Filip Sablik, and IDW’s VP of marketing Dirk Wood, discussing what they are doing to expand the marketplace.
6:15pm – 7:15pm – Dark Horse: Joss Whedon
Joss Whedon has rewarded fans the world over with some of the most compelling characters and plotlines in the history of comics, television, and movies. Here’s your chance to find out what he has in store next, and get exclusive insight into Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Serenity, and much more!
6:45pm – 7:45pm – Animation Domination High-Def
Nick Weidenfeld, head of FOX’s all-new Saturday late-night animation programming block, Animation Domination High-Def, will show an exclusive advance preview of two new animated series, Axe Cop and High School USA!, premiering July 27 on FOX. Joining Weidenfeld on the panel Q&A will be Axe Cop executive producers Matt Silverstein and Dave Jeser (Drawn Together), High School USA! creator Dino Stamatopoulos (Community), Axe Cop comic creator Ethan Nicolle, and special surprise appearances by the series’ voice talent.
8:00pm – 9:00pm – Axe Cop
Join brothers Ethan Nicolle and Malachai Nicolle, the 32-year-old and 9-year-old creators of the Dark Horse comic series Axe Cop, with surprise guests to celebrate the premiere of the new Axe Cop TV series as part of Animation Domination Hi-Def, beginning Saturday, July 27 on FOX. Panel events will include a live Ask Axe Cop Q&A, a series of staged battles between cosplayers choreographed by Malachai, and a screening of the premiere episode of Axe Cop.
8:00pm – 9:00pm – Husbands: The New Marriage
The hit series Husbands has just completed filming its first new content under its exciting new relationship with the CW, and has already had a big year with the release of the hardcover Husbands comic book. Hear about the bouquet of new plans, new stories from the set, and the show’s ring of bigger-than-big guest stars. Creators Jane Espenson and Brad Bell are joined by Husbands’ co-stars Alessandra Torresani and Sean Hemeon, director Jeff Greenstein, and upcoming guest star Amy Acker (Angel, Dollhouse, Much Ado About Nothing)to discuss the much-anticipated future happiness of the comedy. Moderated by Jeff Jensen (Entertainment Weekly).
8:00pm – 10:00pm – Syfy Presents the Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards
The 25th annual Eisner Awards (the “Oscars” of the comics industry) honor comics creators and works in 30 categories. Presenters will include British talk show host/comics writer Jonathan Ross, bestselling author Neil Gaiman (The Sandman, Ocean at the End of the Lane, Neverwhere), actor John Barrowman (Doctor Who, Torchwood, Arrow), TV host Chris Hardwick (The Talking Dead, The Nerdist), nominee artist Becky Cloonan (Conan the Barbarian), Hall of Fame cartoonist Sergio Aragonés (Groo, MAD), writer/artist Bill Morrison (Bongo Comics), and voice actors Maurice LaMarche (Pinky and the Brain, Futurama), Lauren Tom (Futurama, King of the Hill), and David Herman (Office Space, Futurama), plus some special surprises! Other prestigious awards to be given out include the Russ Manning Promising Newcomer Award, the Bob Clampett Humanitarian Award, the Bill Finger Award for Excellence in Comics Writing, and the Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award.
Saturday, July 20
This panel is for fans who can’t get enough of the Avatar: The Last Airbender universe. Moderator Avatar_Mom, Kevin Coppa (Puppetbenders), Alisa Christopher (FatCat Gameworks), Gene Luen Yang (writer, The Promise/The Search), Gurihiru (artist team Sasaki and Kawano, The Promise/The Search), Sifu Kisu (martial arts coordinator), and Dante Basco (voice of Zuko/General Iroh) will be on hand to share their experiences and answer questions. Who knows, perhaps a surprise guest or two might stop in! Finally, the panel will end with a show of talented cosplay contestants.
Without question, Serenity fans and Star Wars devotees are two of most passionate groups in fandom. From the ongoing charity work of the Browncoats and the 501st/Rebel Legion alike, fans have taken these two massive science fiction franchises far beyond the screen. Now, Dark Horse is set to bring these two groups together for exclusive announcements, games, prizes, and more. Join Dark Horse PR director Jeremy Atkins, editor-in- chief Scott Allie, and Dark Horse resident Jedi Randy Stradley, a cast of writers and artists, and even a few surprise guests, for what is sure to be one of these year’s most memorable programs!
This year’s Comic-Con marks the 20th anniversary of Mike Mignola’s best-loved beast. Hellboy has achieved the status in the industry typically reserved for characters created 40 years before him. Following up on the first arc on one of his most popular miniseries to date, the all-new Abe Sapien ongoing series, and the continuing adventures of the supporting cast of the BPRD, this will be one of the biggest Hellboy panels to date! Join creator Mike Mignola and Dark Horse editor-in-chief Scott Allie, for an open forum on your favorite cast of characters.
Sunday, July 21
Join Emily the Strange creator Rob Reger and special guests to see the premiere of the Emily and the Strangers FIRST animated music video and single. See and hear private, behind-the-scenes footage in the recording studio and “making of” the animation. Take a sneak peek at the new comic book Emily and the Strangers #3 by Dark Horse Comics and hear more about the making of this new series and how it comes to life with Emily’s new band. There will be time for Q&A, including updates on the development of the motion picture with Universal Pictures and Dark Horse Entertainment. Reger will be encouraging “audience participation” to get giveaways, so bring on your strange and show him what you’ve got!
Comments Off on Farscape Celebrates 10th Anniversary at SDCC
Through the official Comic-Con International Twitter account, we have learned that Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Rockne O’Bannon and Brian Henson are scheduled to appear for Farscape’s 10th Anniversary.
Jim Henson Company’s Farscape panel will be on Firday, July 24th at 10:15AM-11:15AM in room 6BCF.