Zachary Levi and The Nerd Machine, a multimedia company that brings the best of apparel, accessories, and both long and short form video content to its global clientele, announced today that Nerd HQ will return to San Diego July 18th-21st in a new location, Petco Park (100 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101), home of the San Diego Padres.
Over the last three years, Nerd HQ has continually expanded and given fans a unique experience while in San Diego for the international comic book and entertainment festival. This year Nerd HQ will again provide fans with a home base where they can experience cutting edge technology and gaming showcases, exciting autograph signings, cornerstone events and exclusive parties, including Levi’s annual NERD Party.
“With the move to Petco Park, we can bring fans an even bigger, more dynamic experience during Nerd HQ 2013.” said Zachary Levi, Founder of The Nerd Machine. “Moving to the ballpark is a major step in the growth of Nerd HQ and will allow us to expand our tradition of offering exclusive access to new games, technology, and the opportunity for intimate conversations with some of the Hollywood’s most influential celebrities and creatives.”
Returning this year is the very popular philanthropic panel series, “Conversations for a Cause” which will stream through The Nerd Machine YouTube page, NerdMachineTV. Last year’s panels raised $140,000 for Operation Smile and consisted of some of the most talked about films, television shows and video games, including: “Chuck,” “Doctor Who,” “Grimm,” “NTSF,” “Robot Chicken,” “The Man with the Iron Fists,” “Expendables 2,” “Tomb Raider” and “Twilight.” Panelists included many of today’s top actors, actresses and film and game makers including Ashley Greene, Guillermo del Toro, Jason Ritter, Jared Padalecki, Joss Whedon, Kellan Lutz, Lucy Liu, Nathan Fillion, RZA, Seth Green, Stan Lee, Terry Crews, and Zachary Levi, among many others. This year’s panels, which will be announced in the coming days, are sure to bring fun surprises and intriguing discussions. Individual tickets will sell for $22, with proceeds benefiting Operation Smile. For more information, schedule updates and tickets please visit www.thenerdmachine.com.
Facebook: The NERD Machine, https://www.facebook.com/thenerdmachine, Twitter: @thenerdmachine,
Instagram: Nerdmachine, Vine: The Nerd Machine
ABOUT THE NERD MACHINE – The Nerd Machine is a multimedia company dedicated in bringing its global clientele the best of apparel, accessories, software, hardware, music, and both long and short form video content. We not only put a premium on customer satisfaction and input but also collaboration, as we believe that some of the very best ideas may come out of the very community we serve. Our goal is to nurture an environment where community interaction thrives, creating the best and most forward thinking products available on the market. And, philosophically speaking, spearheading a “mission of redefinition” that changes the global perception of what a nerd is, and thereby allow everyone to celebrate the nerd in themselves. The question is: What are you nerdy about?
LAUREN COHAN of The Walking Dead TV show will be taking photos at Boston Comic Con 2013 with a limited number of fans SATURDAY ONLY of the convention (April 20th).
This exclusive event will be limited to only 60 people.
The cost is $80 for one photo taken with you and Lauren by a professional photographer. Your personal photo will be printed out and autographed for you. Get tickets while they last. This will set out quick!
PHOTO OPS will take place on SATURDAY ONLY some time between 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm.
This ticket does NOT include admission to The Boston Comic Con. Admission tickets are sold separately.
Lauren Cohan will also be autographing either one personal item or stock photo at the show for $40 on both Saturday and Sunday at their tables. This will be on a first come first serve basis. Tickets for this can NOT be purchased in advance. In other words, ya gotta stand in line!
**UPDATE: Jon Bernthal has cancelled his appearance at Boston Comic Con**
About Boston Comic Con:
The Boston Comic Con is a 100% independently run comic book show committed to bringing the biggest and best comic creators to New England. Run by fans for fans, Boston Comic Con is not affiliated with any other convention tour or corporate interests. Hosting over 40,000 square feet of vendors selling comic books, toys, posters, trading cards, and other pop culture memorabilia, this is a destination event for geeks of any stripe. Next year’s convention will be held Saturday April 20th and Sunday April 21st opening at 10:00 am each day at the Hynes Convention Center, 900 Boylston Street, Boston, MA. For more information please go to our website at www.bostoncomiccon.com and follow us on Twitter (@BostonComicCon) and Facebook!
Brandon Routh signs at Krypton Comics on Saturday May 4, 2013 for Free Comic Book Day! Autographs are $40 each (your item or his photos). A picture with Mr. Routh is only $10.
In 2005 Brandon Routh soared into the media limelight when he was cast as “the Man of Steel” in director Bryan Singer’s highly anticipated revival of the original superhero film franchise “Superman Returns.”
Born in Des Moines, Iowa and raised in nearby Norwalk (about 100 miles south of Woolstock, the hometown of TV’s original “Superman,” George Reeves), the strapping 6’3″ Routh was a high school athlete who swam and played soccer, as well as starring in several theatrical productions. He attended the University of Iowa for a year before heading to Hollywood in search of his big break.
Routh got his first major role in 1999 on the television sitcom “Odd Man Out.” This was followed by a four-episode stint on the nighttime soap “Undressed” and an appearance on “Gilmore Girls” in 2000. The actor earned steady work on the daytime drama “One Life to Live,” originating the role of Seth Anderson from 2001-2002. His subsequent primetime credits include guest stints on “Cold Case,” NBC’s “Will & Grace” and “Oliver Beene.” Routh recently appeared in an episode of NBC’s horror anthology series FEAR ITSELF.
Brandon was seen in “Scott Pilgrim vs. The World,” a Universal film opposite Michael Cera and directed by Edgar Wright. The comedy is about Scott Pligrim who must defeat his new girlfriend’s seven evil ex’s in order to win her heart. This past TV season, Routh guest stared on NBC’s “Chuck” as “Shaw”, a mysterious new spy who takes control as the new leader of Operation Bartwoski, becoming a mentor to Chuck and a rival in his affections for Sarah. Routh can also be seen in “Dead of Night,” a film about the beloved Italian comic book hero, Dylan Dog. He graced the big screen in Kevin Smith’s film, “Zack and Miri Make a Porno” with Seth Rogen and Justin Long, as well as “Life is Hot in Cracktown,” based on the novel by Buddy Giovinazzo, where he stars opposite Lara Flynn Boyle and Kerry Washington, and the romantic comedy “Table for Three.” He is in the post-production stage on “Unthinkable,” a psychological thriller also starring Samuel L. Jackson, as well as the dark comedy “Miss Nobody,” where he stars opposite Leslie Bibb and Missi Pyle, about a secretary who discovers she has a talent for murder as she ascends the corporate ladder. Brandon can now be seen in the indie feature “Fling,” which recently premiered on Showtime, about a couple in an open relationship who are stretched to the breaking point when each partner finds themselves falling in love with other people. Mr. Routh most recently appeared in the sitcom “Partners” about two lifelong friends, who are both architects, and form a business partnership.
2819 South 125th Avenue #261, Omaha, NE 68144-3873
Adam Baldwin appears at Krypton Comics on Saturday May 5, 2012 for Free Comic Book Day!
Adam Baldwin is an American actor known for his roles as Animal Mother in Stanley Kubrick’s Full Metal Jacket, Ricky Linderman in My Bodyguard, Knowle Rohrer in The X-Files, and Marcus Hamilton in Joss Whedon’s Angel. He also established a cult following as Jayne Cobb in the series Firefly, the movie Serenity and for starring as Chad Shelten in Day Break. His most recent TV role is as John Casey on the NBC comedy-spy series Chuck. The show premiered September 24, 2007.
Appearing in dozens of films since 1980, Baldwin rose to prominence as the troubled outcast Ricky Linderman in My Bodyguard (1980) and moved on to bigger roles in D.C. Cab (1983), Full Metal Jacket (1987), Predator 2 (1990), Independence Day (1996), The Patriot (2000) and Serenity (2005)—in which he reprises his role as the mercenary Jayne Cobb from the television series Firefly. His other work includes Radio Flyer (1992), From the Earth to the Moon (1998), The X-Files (Knowle Rohrer), Smoke Jumpers (1996), The Cape, Men in Black: The Series, Stargate SG-1, Angel, The Inside, NCIS and the 2005 remake of The Poseidon Adventure. He also starred in the ABC series Day Break as Chad Shelten in 2006. Baldwin parodied the Ricky Linderman character in the 2008 film Drillbit Taylor.
Baldwin won a SyFy Genre Award in 2006 for Best Supporting Actor/Television for his role as Jayne Cobb in the television series Firefly.
Baldwin was cast as Clark Kent/Superman in the first DC animated universe movie, Superman: Doomsday, based on DC Comics’ The Death of Superman!
Baldwin has a role as a voice actor in the Xbox 360 games Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST, the latter putting him in the role of Cpl. Taylor “Dutch” Miles.
Baldwin also appears as a voice actor in Half Life 2: Episode 2 for various resistance soldiers and citizens. Adam also appeared in Mass Effect 2, playing the role of Quarian marine Kal’Reegar.
There it is, Browncoats! The man known as “Jayne” from the Firefly series. The voice of a Superman!
2819 South 125th Avenue #261, Omaha, NE 68144-3873
NBC Heads To Comic-Con to Showcase New and Returning Shows
Network Will Take Over San Diego’s Tin Fish Restaurant and Immerse Fans in an Exclusive Interactive Experience Featuring New Series “The Playboy Club,” “Grimm,” “Free Agents,” “Up All Night” and “Whitney”
Star-studded Convention Panel Sessions Also Include New Dramas “Awake” (FOX) and “Grimm” (Universal Media Studios) as well as Returning Comedies “Chuck” (Warner Bros. Television) and “Community” (Sony Pictures Television)
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – July 18, 2011 – NBC will make a big splash at this year’s Comic-Con (July 21-24) in San Diego, showcasing several new and returning shows at the annual convention, including panel sessions and a series of off-site, fan-friendly interactive experiences. The network’s star-studded panel sessions include new dramas “Awake,” (FOX, Thursday, July 21 at 3:45 p.m.) and “Grimm” (Universal Media Studios, Saturday, July 23 at 4:15 p.m.), as well as returning comedies “Chuck” (Warner Bros. Television, Saturday, July 23 at 10 a.m.) and “Community” (Sony Pictures Television, Saturday, July 23 at 1 p.m.).
Additional information about the panel locations and participants is included below.
The network will take over a large portion of San Diego’s Tin Fish restaurant (170 Sixth Avenue), located across the street from the Comic-Con site at the San Diego Convention Center. The space will be transformed into a series of themed experiences, allowing guests to enjoy a glimpse of the NBC’s new dramas “The Playboy Club” and “Grimm,” as well as new comedies “Free Agents,” “Up All Night” and “Whitney.”
Finally, on Saturday, July 23, NBC will host its annual “Blogger Party” at San Diego’s Hard Rock CafÃ©. The invitation-only event will spotlight talent from several of the network’s shows and will give writers and fans a chance to mingle with some of the network’s biggest stars.
“Comic-Con is a terrific venue to share our new series with fans in a way that gives them a rich, enjoyable experience and a unique look into what is coming this fall,” said Adam Stotsky, President, Marketing, NBC Entertainment. “We look forward to introducing viewers to our new shows at Tin Fish, as well as highlighting returning fan favorites ‘Community’ and ‘Chuck’ with attention-grabbing activities and food at The Hard Rock CafÃ©.”
On Thursday, July 21, Tin Fish will channel the glamour and style of NBC’s new drama “The Playboy Club,” whose cast includes Eddie Cibrian as the intriguing Nick Dalton, Amber Heard as the stunning and innocent Bunny Maureen and Laura Benanti as Carol-Lynne, an established star at the club. A 1960′s style Bunny will greet visitors at the door and welcome them to the exclusive space. Visitors can pose with the Bunny for photos, which will be printed on-site and uploaded to a micro-site on www.nbc.com where they can be shared with friends on Facebook, Twitter and NBC.com’s Comic-Con site www.nbc.com/comic-con. Bunnies with cigarette trays will be distributing Playboy Club keys, which visitors can have shaped into their own house keys on site.
On Friday, July 22, Tin Fish will take on the eerie, atmospheric look of the network’s new drama “Grimm,” a provocative police procedural with supernatural mythology, inspired by the classic Grimm Brother’s Fairy Tales. The new series hails from the writers behind “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” (David Greenwalt) and “Angel” (Jim Kouf) and marks the new producing project of Todd Milliner and Emmy Award winner Sean Hayes. Complete with grassy, moss-laden dÃ©cor, the restaurant will take on the lush feel of the forest featured in the series. At the scene of the crime, visitors can pose in front of a green screen and take a photo with a virtual “character” from the show. The photo will be printed on site and also uploaded to a micro-site on www.nbc.com, where fans can retrieve and share it with their friends on Facebook, Twitter and NBC.com’s Comic-Con site, www.nbc.com/comic-con. Fans will also have an opportunity to get a “Grimm” logo airbrush skin patch.
Switching gears, on Saturday, July 23, NBC will showcase three new comedies “Free Agents” (starring Hank Azaria and Kathryn Hahn), “Up All Night” (starring Christina Applegate, Will Arnett and Maya Rudolph) and “Whitney,” (starring Whitney Cummings and Chris D’Elia). Returning comedies “The Office,” “Community” and “Parks and Recreation” also are featured at Tin Fish with themed snacks and giveaways. The restaurant will be decorated with larger-than-life photos from each show, featuring the characters in precarious positions. Fans will be invited to suggest their own funny captions for the photos, which will be posted on a massive scratch pad. Each hour, the most creative captions will be chosen with five second place winners being rewarded a gift card — and one lucky winner per hour winning an X-Box.
The panel sessions scheduled for the network’s programs follow:
THURSDAY, JULY 21
3:45 to 4:45 p.m. Pilot screening, followed by brief Q&A
Room: San Diego Convention Center, 6A
Participants: FOX screening and Q&A featuring star Jason Isaacs (“Harry Potter”); ExecutiveProducers Kyle Killen (“The Beaver”) and Howard Gordon (“24″). Jason, Kyle and Howard will also be available to sign autographs at the FOX booth from 5 – 6:15 p.m. (# 4314).
SATURDAY, JULY 23
10 -10:45 a.m.
Room: San Diego Convention Center, Ballroom 20
Participants: Warner Bros. Television panel featuring stars Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Joshua Gomez, Ryan McPartlin, Mark Christopher Lawrence, Vik Sahay and Scott Krinsky with Sarah Lancaster and Adam Baldwin; Executive Producer Chris Fedak.
1 -2 p.m.
Room: Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, Indigo Ballroom
Participants: Sony Pictures Television panel session featuring stars Joel McHale, Chevy Chase, Gillian Jacobs, Yvette Nicole Brown, Danny Pudi, Donald Glover, Ken Jeong and Jim Rash; Executive Producers Russ Krasnoff, Dan Harmon, Neil Goldman, Anthony Russo and Joe Russo.
4:15 – 5:15 p.m. Pilot screening, followed by Q&A
Room: San Diego Convention Center, 6A
Participants: Universal Media Studios panel session featuring stars David Giuntoli (“Turn the Beat Around”), Russell Hornsby (“Lincoln Heights”), Bitsie Tulloch (“Quarterlife”), Silas Weir Mitchell (“Prison Break”), Reggie Lee (“Persons Unknown”) and Sasha Roiz (“Caprica”); Writers / Producers: Jim Kouf (Writer/Producer, “Angel) and David Greenwalt (Writer/Producer, “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”).
As always, NBC.com will go behind-the-scenes at Comic-Con offering video and photos from the convention floor, panels (24-hours after), and coverage of NBC’s “Playboy,” “Grimm” and the comedy showcase activities at Tin Fish. For Comic-Con schedules, online exclusive content, and interactive features, visit: http://www.nbc.com/Comic-Con/.
NBC.com continues to offer full episodes and interactive experiences for all of its popular series at www.nbc.com.
Please follow us on http://www.facebook.com/nbc and at http://twitter.com/nbc.
SUPER TEAM: WARNER BROS. TELEVISION AND TV GUIDE MAGAZINE JOIN FORCES FOR WARNER BROS.-THEMED COMIC-CON SPECIAL ISSUE
Four Collectible TV Guide Magazine Covers Feature Hit Series “The Big Bang Theory,” “Chuck,” “Fringe” and “The Vampire Diaries”
Magazine to Be Distributed at Warner Bros. Booth During Comic-Con, On Sale at Newsstands Beginning July 21
BURBANK, Calif. (July 11, 2011) — Excitement is building for Comic-Con 2011, and fans of the hit television series “The Big Bang Theory,” “Chuck,” “Fringe” and “The Vampire Diaries” will have a one-of-a-kind collectible item to bring home from this year’s Con, thanks to Warner Bros. Television (WBTV) and TV Guide Magazine. The magazine and WBTV are again teaming up to create a TV Guide Magazine Comic-Con special issue devoted solely to programming from WBTV and the Studio, and the four fan-favorite series listed above will appear on four different collectible covers.
- All four collectible covers will be distributed at the Warner Bros. booth, #4545, on the convention floor throughout Comic-Con, beginning on preview night, Wednesday, July 20, and continuing through Sunday, July 24.
- For those not able to attend Comic-Con in person: Fear not! All four collectible covers will be on sale from July 21–28 at newsstand checkout wherever TV Guide Magazine is sold and will also be available at additional newsstands thereafter. The special issue can also be ordered online beginning July 12 at www.tvguidemagazine.com/comiccon.
In addition to the sections on the four cover shows, the 88-page issue is packed with features and photos dedicated to the following programs:
- An appreciation of WBTV’s “Smallville,” which recently concluded its 10th season
- Warner Bros. Animation’s current hit series “Batman: The Brave and the Bold,” “The Looney Tunes Show,” “MAD,” “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated” and “Young Justice,” as well as the upcoming “Green Lantern: The Animated Series” and “ThunderCats”
- The upcoming WBA/Warner Home Video/Warner Premiere release of “Batman: Year One” on Blu-ray™ and DVD
And that’s not all, folks! Don’t miss the following:
- An exclusive look at three superhero costume re-designs by bestselling artist and DC Entertainment Co-Publisher Jim Lee, for DC Comics The New 52, the upcoming historic renumbering of the entire DC line of comic books with 52 first issues.
- A classic MAD magazine “Spy vs. Spy” from writer/artist Peter Kuper, celebrating 50 years of the popular feature created by Antonio Prohias.
- A flaming hot — and currently top secret — foldout poster
- TV Guide Magazine cover gallery of WBTV series, a behind-the-scenes look at the Warner Bros. booth throughout the years, and the hottest photos from TV Guide Magazine’s Comic-Con photo booth
- The return of the ultimate superfan quiz and crossword puzzle
- And more…
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom(hashtag #WBSDCC) and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon. And follow TV Guide Magazine on Twitter@TVGuideMagazine.
29 DAYS, 23 HOURS, 15 MINUTES AND COUNTING…WARNER BROS. TELEVISION GROUP ANNOUNCES SCHEDULE FOR COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO
Stars and Producers of “The Big Bang Theory,” “Chuck,” “Fringe,” “Nikita,” “Supernatural,” “The Vampire Diaries,” “Alcatraz,” “Person of Interest,” “The Secret Circle,” “Childrens Hospital,” “Green Lantern: The Animated Series,” “The Looney Tunes Show,” “MAD,” “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated,” “ThunderCats” and “Young Justice” To Appear
Warner Bros. Entertainment’s Nearly 3,000-Square-Foot Booth to Host Signings, Special Events, Digitally Driven Fan Giveaways and More
BURBANK, Calif. (June 21, 2011, 10:45 AM PT: 29 days, 23 hours, 15 minutes until #WBSDCC) — The clock is ticking, and Comic-Con is right around the corner! By bringing 16 series to Comic-Con International: San Diego, Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) further strengthens its presence at the world’s leading pop culture convention — and will deliver a one-of-a-kind experience for fans in the process. The anticipation is building as a star-studded lineup of performers and producers from Warner Bros. Television and Warner Bros. Animation series prepare for a robust schedule of panel sessions, screenings, media appearances and autograph signings.
- For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter@TheWBdotcom, hashtag #WBSDCC, and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon
- For a complete social media contact list, including official Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for WBTVG series, talent and producers, download the social media contacts page here:www.thewb.com/comiccon/2011WBSDCCSocialMedia
PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change.
- “The Big Bang Theory”: Stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch join creators/executive producers Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady, and executive producer Steven Molaro
- “Chuck”: Stars Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Joshua Gomez, Ryan McPartlin, Mark Christopher Lawrence, Vik Sahay, Scott Krinsky with Sarah Lancaster and Adam Baldwin join co-creator/executive producer Chris Fedak for a panel to discuss the fan-favorite spy series’ final season
- “Fringe”: Stars Anna Torv, Lance Reddick, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole and John Noble join executive producers Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman
- “Nikita”: Stars Maggie Q, Shane West and Lyndsy Fonseca join executive producer Craig Silverstein
- “Supernatural”: Series stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles will topline the panel, held this year for the first time ever in Hall H. Additional cast members and executive producers to be announced.
- “The Vampire Diaries”: Stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Candice Accola and Joseph Morgan join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec
- “Childrens Hospital”: Star/executive producer Rob Corddry and executive producers Jonathan Stern join stars Malin Akerman, Lake Bell, Erinn Hayes, Rob Huebel and Megan Mullally
- “Alcatraz”: Stars Sarah Jones and Jorge Garcia join executive producer Elizabeth Sarnoff
- “Person of Interest”: Stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson and Taraji P. Henson join executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman
- “The Secret Circle”: Stars Britt Robertson, Thomas Dekker, Phoebe Tonkin and Natasha Henstridge join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson, Andrew Miller and Richard Hatem
WARNER BROS. ANIMATION
- “Green Lantern: The Animated Series”: Executive producer Bruce Timm will join producer Giancarlo Volpe and producer/story editor Jim Krieg for a panel moderated by executive producer/Warner Bros. Animation’s Sam Register
- “The Looney Tunes Show”: Supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone, story editor Hugh Davidson and writer Rachel Ramras
- “MAD”: “MAD” television show producers Kevin Shinick and Mark Marek, along with MADmagazine editor John Ficarra, art director Sam Viviano and “Spy vs. Spy” artist Peter Kuper
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: Supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone and producer Mitch Watson
- “ThunderCats”: Producers Michael Jelenic and Ethan Spaulding, and art director Dan Norton
- “Young Justice”: Producers Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman, and lead character designer Phil Bourassa
Download additional panel details, including the complete schedule with times and locations, here:www.thewb.com/comiccon/2011WBSDCCPanels
And it wouldn’t be Comic-Con without a visit to the Warner Bros. booth. The Studio will once again have a can’t-miss, nearly 3,000-square-foot destination on the convention floor, at space #4545. Anchored by the iconic Warner Bros. Water Tower, the booth is a must-visit location for autograph signings, multiple interactive kiosks for fans to play video games from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, and much, much more. Stay tuned to @TheWBdotcom on Twitter orwww.thewb.com/comiccon in the coming weeks for more details about activities at the booth.
SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK PILOT SCREENINGS
WEDNESDAY, JULY 20 • 6–9 PM • BALLROOM 20
WBTVG continues its Comic-Con tradition of hosting a special sneak peek premiere event on preview night. This year, the Studio is offering fans the opportunity to see some of the most anticipated new premieres of the year.
- “Alcatraz”: Executive producers J.J. Abrams and Elizabeth Sarnoff deliver a chilling new midseason drama for FOX revolving around America’s most infamous prison, the one-time home to the nation’s worst murderers, rapists, kidnappers, thieves and arsonists.
- “The Secret Circle”: The ordinary becomes extraordinary in this romantic drama about a coven of young witches, from “The Vampire Diaries” executive producer Kevin Williamson, based upon the book series by L.J. Smith (“The Vampire Diaries”).
- “Person of Interest”: From J.J. Abrams and “The Dark Knight” co-writer Jonathan Nolan comes an action-packed hour for CBS about an ex-CIA operative and a mysterious billionaire who team up to stop violent crimes before they happen in New York City.
- “Supernatural: The Anime Series”: The popular series “Supernatural” makes history this summer as the first-ever live-action show to be re-imagined in Japanese anime style. Renowned animation studio Madhouse — working with the full approval of series creator Eric Kripke — produced the anime series, which mirrors the story arc of “Supernatural’s” first two seasons, providing supplemental stories ranging from prequels and spin-offs to untold tales that fit within the “Supernatural” mythology.
THE TV SERIES SCHEDULE
FRIDAY, JULY 22
- “MAD”: 10:00–11:00 a.m., Room 25ABC
- “The Big Bang Theory”: 12:30–1:30 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Childrens Hospital”: 1:30–2:20 p.m., Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- “Green Lantern: The Animated Series”: 2:00–3:00 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “ThunderCats”: 3:30–4:30 p.m., Room 6A
SATURDAY, JULY 23
- “Chuck”: 10:00–10:45 a.m., Ballroom 20
- “The Vampire Diaries”: 3:30–4:15 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Fringe”: 4:15–5:00 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Alcatraz”: 5:00–6:00 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “The Secret Circle”: 5:10–6:00 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “Nikita”: 6:00–6:45 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “Person of Interest”: 6:45–7:30 p.m., Room 6BCF
SUNDAY, JULY 24
- “Young Justice”: 10:00–11:00 a.m., Room 7AB
- “Supernatural”: 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m., Hall H
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: 1:00–2:00 p.m., Room 6A
- “The Looney Tunes Show”: 2:15–3:15 p.m., Room 6A
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION GROUP MAKES COMIC-CON 2010 ITS BIGGEST EVER, HEADING FOR SAN DIEGO WITH A STUDIO-RECORD 14 SERIES
Stars and Producers of “The Big Bang Theory,” “Chuck,” “Fringe,” “Human Target,” “Nikita,” “Smallville,” “Supernatural,” “V,” “The Vampire Diaries,” “Childrens Hospital,” “Unnatural History,” “Batman: The Brave and the Bold,” “MAD” and “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated” to Appear
Warner Bros. Entertainment’s Nearly 3,000-Square-Foot Booth to Host Signings, Video Game Demos, Numerous Giveaways and More During the Convention
BURBANK, Calif. (June 29, 2010) – Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) is returning to Comic-Con International: San Diego in unprecedented fashion in 2010. A star-studded lineup of performers, producers and other members of the creative teams of a record 14 series from Warner Bros. Television, Warner Horizon Television and Warner Bros. Animation will be on-hand for panel sessions, screenings, media appearances and autograph signings. This will mark the largest contingent of talent from WBTVG ever assembled for the world’s leading pop culture convention. (In 2009, WBTVG featured 12 television series at Comic-Con.)
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom, hashtag #WBSDCC. For the second year in a row, WBTVG will also produce a Con-related online destination at www.thewb.com/comiccon, launching in mid-July. For a complete social media contact list, including official Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for WBTVG series, talent and producers, download the social media contacts page here:
Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend include:
“The Big Bang Theory”: Stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar join creators/executive producers Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady for a session moderated by Wil Wheaton
“Chuck”: Stars Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Joshua Gomez, Ryan McPartlin, Mark Christopher Lawrence, Vik Sahay, Scott Krinsky, with Sarah Lancaster and Adam Baldwin join creators/executive producers Josh Schwartz and Chris Fedak
“Fringe”: Stars Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble, Lance Reddick, Blair Brown and Jasika Nicole join executive producers Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman
“Human Target”: Stars Mark Valley, Chi McBride and Jackie Earle Haley join executive producer Matthew Miller
“Nikita”: Stars Maggie Q (“Mission: Impossible III”), Shane West (“ER”) and Lyndsy Fonseca (“Kick-Ass”) join executive producer Craig Silverstein (“Bones”)
“Smallville”: Series stars to be announced join executive producers Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson
“Supernatural”: Series stars to be announced join executive producers Sera Gamble and Ben Edlund, and creator/executive producer Eric Kripke
“V”: Stars Elizabeth Mitchell, Morris Chestnut, Joel Gretsch, Logan Huffman, Laura Vandervoort, Charles Mesure, with Morena Baccarin and Scott Wolf join executive producers Scott Rosenbaum and Steve Pearlman
“The Vampire Diaries”: Stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Michael Trevino and Matt Davis join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec
“Childrens Hospital”: Creator/executive producer/star Rob Corddry (“Hot Tub Time Machine,” “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart”) and executive producer Jon Stern (“The Ten,” “Scotland, PA”) join series stars Lake Bell (“How to Make It in America”), Erinn Hayes (“Parenthood,” “Worst Week”) and Rob Huebel (“Human Giant”). A website for the series will go live July 6 here: www.adultswim.com/shows/childrenshospital
“Unnatural History”: Stars Kevin G. Schmidt (“Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel”), Jordan Gavaris (“Degrassi: The Next Generation”), Italia Ricci (“Greek”) and Martin Donovan (“Weeds”) join creator/executive producer Mike Werb
“Batman: The Brave and the Bold”: Voice of Batman Diedrich Bader joins executive producer Sam Register, producers James Tucker and Michael Jelenic, and voice director Andrea Romano
“MAD”: New “MAD” animated television series producer/story editor Kevin Shinick (“Robot Chicken”) and Warner Bros. Animation executive Peter Girardi join MAD Magazine editor John Ficarra, art director Sam Viviano, legendary artist Sergio Aragones and contemporary artist Tom Richmond
“Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: Supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone join producer Mitch Watson and art director Dan Krall
For additional panel details, including the complete schedule with times and locations, please download the addendum word document here:
Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing is once again launching www.thewb.com/comiccon, designed to provide fans with a one-stop-shopping source for Warner Bros. Entertainment (WBE) information as they plan their Comic-Con experience, as well as to serve as a must-visit destination for fans to attend the Con in virtual fashion, if they are unable to travel to San Diego this year.
New content related to Comic-Con 2010 – including exclusive video and an advance schedule of panels, signings and screenings from all divisions of WBE – will be launching in mid-July.
Photos and exclusive behind-the-scenes video from Comic-Con 2010 will be posted to the site throughout the duration of the convention.
Highlights from Comic-Con 2009 can be viewed at the site now, including more than 30 behind-the-scenes video reports from the convention floor, the Studio’s booth, panel sessions, signings and more.
Warner Bros. Entertainment (WBE) will once again have a can’t-miss, nearly 3,000-square-foot booth on the convention floor, this time in a brand-new location: space #4545. As usual, the booth will host autograph signings by the stars and creative teams of all WBTVG shows, with multiple interactive kiosks for fans to play video games from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, and much, much more. Additional details about the booth will be released in the coming weeks.
THE TV SERIES SCHEDULE
WEDNESDAY, JULY 21
Special Sneak Peek Pilot Screenings: WBTVG continues its Comic-Con tradition of hosting a three-hour special sneak peek premiere event on preview night, this year offering fans two opportunities to screen one of the fall season’s most highly anticipated new series: “Nikita,” starring international action star Maggie Q. In addition to “Nikita,” WBTVG will unveil special video presentations related to its other series.
THURSDAY, JULY 22
New series “Childrens Hospital”: Screening multiple new episodes in session
FRIDAY, JULY 23
“Batman: The Brave and the Bold”: Screening complete never-before-seen new episode in session and unveiling the trailer of the upcoming new animated series “Young Justice”
“The Big Bang Theory”|
SATURDAY, JULY 24
New animated series “MAD”
New series “Nikita”: Screening complete pilot in session
“The Vampire Diaries”
SUNDAY, JULY 25
New animated series “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: Screening full-length, never-before-seen new episode in session
New series “Unnatural History”: Screening full-length, never-before-seen new episode in session
Official Pix has revealed the guests who will be signing at their booth at Comic-Con International.
- Edward James Olmos
- Michael Hogan
- James Callis
- Zachery Levi
- Adam Baldwin
- Mark Hamill
- Matthew Wood
- Anthony Forrest
- Matt Lanter
- Catherine Taber
- James A Taylor
- Ashley Eckstein
- Dee Bradley Baker
- Tom Kane
All actors and artists are subject to professional appearances. Check the site before traveling for any last minute updates. Check the booth for exact signing times. Special guests charge a fee for their autograph and or photograph opportunity. Inquire at the event for fees.
Avatar confirmed for San Diego? Dr. Who movie to be announced? Get the latest buzz concerning Comic-Con International: San Diego.
- Photo of banner released by CCI confirms Avatar presence?
- Coventry Telegraph – The Geek Files: Doctor Who movie to be announced at Comic Con?
- /Film: Kick-Ass Footage To Premiere at Comic-Con; New Photo Revealed
- Hollyscoop: Michael Jackson’s White Glove to be on display
- MTV Movies Blog: Mike Judge Brings â€˜Extract’ To Comic-Con
- Examiner.com: Burn Notice (with Bruce Campbell) and Chuck Panels
- FEAR.net: Robert Englund to be at SDCC
- MTV Movies Blog: â€˜Pandorum’ Brings The Fear To San Diego Comic-Con And MTV.com
- Examiner.com: Pysch Panel Confirmed
- The Venture Bros. at SDCC
- Visit Red 5 Comics at SDCC!
- First Look!!The 40th Anniversary Souvenir Book cover Original art by Rick Geary
- Steam Crow is working on an exclusive print.
- Toy Anxiety Blog: Part 33: Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia #1 Sketch – San Diego Comic Con 2009 Exclusive
- IGN: Exclusive Blackest Night Green Lantern Figure Set
- KOTOBUKIYA: COMIC-CON EXCLUSIVE X-Force: Wolverine Fine Art Bust
- KOTOBUKIYA: COMI-CON EXCLUSIVE Yelena Belova Black Widow Bishoujo Statue
- Major Spoilers: Live sculpting courtesy of Kotobukiya
- io9: Middleman panel to include “a cast reading of the unmade final episode.”
- StarWars.com: Fantastic Raffle Prizes Await Attendees At Star Wars Fan Club Breakfast
- Official Pix will be offering a very special limited edition photo of Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker at San Diego Comic-Con.
- Toy Anxiety Blog: Part 34: Lord of the Rings Mount Doom – San Diego Comic-Con 2009 Exclusive
- Action Figure Insider: CAPCOM SDCC Exclusive – Dark Void figurine and Statues
- YouBentMyWookie: Weta SDCC Exclusive: The Unnatural Selector, Minature Edition
- David Choe at SDCC with Giant Robot
- TOYSREVIL: Big Rollin’ Rascal by Scott Tolleson (Throwback Edition) for San Diego Comic Con 2009
- TOYSREVIL: Exoskeletons 0-49 Print by The Tarantulas for SDCC 2009
- TOYSREVIL: Teaser For SDCC-Exclusive Soopa Maria by Erick Scarecrow x ESC Toy
- TOYSREVIL: Of Secret Nibblers and Header-Sneaks by The Tarantulas (for SDCC 2009)
- TOYSREVIL: Carlos The Jackal custom BUD by Jon-Paul Kaiser (for SDCC)
- TOYSREVIL: New Sample Images for Boris The Raccoon by Nathan Hamill (July 17-launch)
- Steam Crow: Survive San Diego Comic-Con
- Bleeding Cool: How To Be A Celebrity At The San Diego Comic Con
- Sci Fi Wire: 11 hot things you MUST see at Comic-Con in San Diego this month