Brian Stelfreeze, Jeremy Dale, Jason Latour, Andy Runton, and many more appear at Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find on Saturday May 3, 2014 for Free Comic Book Day!
Free Comic Book Day 2014 at Heroes is going to be our best yet! Come out on May 3rd to meet great comic artists, get free comics and have a great time with your pals at Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find! Check out our awesome guest list below and please save the date!
Creators will be signing from 1PM to 5PM (or longer at the creators’ discretion)
NATALIE ANDREWSON – Artist: Mamuna, Meanwhile
CHRIS BRUNNER – Artist: Loose Ends, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, The Ride
SHAWN CRYSTAL – Artist: Deadpool, Fantomex, Archer & Armstrong
JEREMY DALE – Writer/Artist: Skyward
SANFORD GREENE – Artist: Rotten Apple, Deadpool, Wonder Girl, Methodman GN
JOHN HAIRSTON JR – Painter
JASON LATOUR – Writer: Wolverine & The X-Men, Winter Soldier, Loose Ends Artist: Southern Bastards, B.P.R.D., Django Unchained
JACKIE LEWIS – Artist: Play Ball
JAY POTTS – Writer/Artist: World of Hurt, Atomech
BUDD ROOT – Writer/Artist: Cavewoman
ANDY RUNTON – Writer/Artist: Owly
HOYT SILVA – Artist: Quatermain: Ghosts of the Nzadi
BRIAN STELFREEZE – Artist: Day Men, Domino, Matador, Batman: Shadow of the Bat
NOTE: Free sketches are at the discretion of the artists, and are not guaranteed.
Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find
1957 E. 7th Street, Charlotte, NC 28204
Adam Hughes, Brian Stelfreeze, Tony Harris, Jason Latour, Cully Hamner, Francesco Francavilla, and many more sign at Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find on Saturday May 4, 2013 for Free Comic Book Day!
Free Comic Book Day 2013 @ Heroes is going to be our biggest and best yet! Come out on May 4th to meet more great comic creators than we have ever had at this fun annual event! Also, it says it right there in the name but in case you missed it, there will be lots of FREE COMICS to choose from too! Check out our awesome guest list and save the date!
- CHRIS BRUNNER – Artist: Loose Ends, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, The Ride
- IAN FLYNN – Writer: Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man
- FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA – Writer/Artist: Black Beetle Artist: Captain America & Black Widow, Detective Comics
- SANFORD GREENE – Artist: Rotten Apple, Deadpool, Wonder Girl, Method Man GN
- CULLY HAMNER – Artist: Red, The Question, Detective Comics, Black Lightning
- JOHN HAIRSTON JR. – Painter
- DUSTIN HARBIN – Writer/Artist: DIARY COMICS, Nutted!, DHARBIN!
- TONY HARRIS – Artist: JSA: Whistling Skull, Ex Machina, Starman, War Heroes
- ADAM HUGHES – Artist: Before Watchmen: Doctor Manhattan, Fairest, Wonder Woman, Catwoman
- JUSTIN JORDAN – Writer: Legend of Luther Strode, Superboy, Deathstroke, Green Lantern: New Guardians
- JASON LATOUR – Writer: Winter Soldier, Loose Ends,Wolverine: Japan’s Most Wanted Artist: B.P.R.D., Django Unchained
- JACKIE LEWIS – Artist: Play Ball
- TRADD MOORE – Artist: Legend of Luther Strode, Legends of the Dark Knight
- ERAKLIS PETMEZAS – Writer/Artist: Last Cigarette
- JAY POTTS – Writer/Artist: World of Hurt
- RIDDLE – Cosplayer
- BUDD ROOT – Writer/Artist: Cavewoman
- ANDY SMITH – Artist: The First, Weapon X, Green Lantern, WWE Heroes, Flex and Tone
- BRIAN STELFREEZE – Artist: Domino, Matador, Batman: Shadow of the Bat
NOTE that free sketches are at the discretion of the artists, and are not guaranteed. So, mark that date on your calendar folks! Get here early on Saturday, May 4th at Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find will be a great time and you won’t want to miss it!
Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find
1957 E. 7th Street, Charlotte, NC 28204
Charlotte MiniCon is going to kick off 2013 with a bang! Along with the great guests we’ve already announced, artists Brian Stelfreeze (Before Watchmen, Shadow of the Bat, Domino, Wednesday Comics) and Chris Brunner (Loose Ends, Legends of the Dark Knight, Hellblazer) will also be joining us on Sunday January 20th!
Like our Facebook page and register at Eventbrite for FREE admission to the show! We are lending our support to two great charities, The American Red Cross and Second Harvest Food Bank and encourage you to donate to them on the day of the show. We plan to have MiniCon exclusive gifts to encourage and reward your generosity.
Costume Contest: Come in costume for a chance to win prizes. Register on site to compete!
Door Prizes each hour!
- CHRIS BRUNNER – Co-creator and artist on Loose Ends, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Covers for Static Shock, Boondock Saints, & NOLA
- SHAWN CRYSTAL – Artist on Deadpool, Deadpool Max, & Deadpool Team-Up
- FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA – Creator of The Black Beetle, Artist on Captain America & Bucky, Detective Comics, Black Panther, & cover artist for pretty much every other comic book
- SANFORD GREENE – Creator of Rotten Apple, Artist on Deadpool, Wonder Girl, Methodman GN
- CULLY HAMNER – Co-creator of Red, Artist on The Question, Detective Comics, Black Lightning, Blue Beetle
- JASON LATOUR – Co-creator of Loose Ends, Artist on BPRD: Pickens County Horror, Noche Roja, Scalped, Daredevil: Black & White
- JACKIE LEWIS – Artist on Play Ball
- KEVIN MELLON – Artist on Heart, Lovestruck, S.H.I.E.L.D.
- JAY POTTS – Creator of World of Hurt
- BUDD ROOT – Creator of Cavewoman
- BRIDGIT SCHEIDE – Creator of Brother Nash
- BRIAN STELFREEZE – Artist on Wednesday Comics, The Ride, Gun Candy, & a ton of Batman: Shadow of the Bat covers
- SKETCH CHARLOTTE – Several artists from this local sketch group will be on hand! Sketch Charlotte meets every Thursday at 6:30pm at Showmars on 7th and Pecan.
Wow! NOTE that free sketches are at the discretion of the artists, and are not guaranteed.
Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find
1957 E. 7th St, Charlotte, NC 28204
Jason Latour, Chris Brunner, and Rico Renzi sign at Heroes next Wednesday, July 13th. The guys will be in the store at two different times that day, first from 12PM to 2PM and again from 5PM to 8PM. As an added bonus, Heroes will give away a limited edition, 2 color, silk screen poster to anyone who buys a copy of Loose Ends #1 (regular or variant sketch cover, while supplies last).
Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find
1957 E. 7th St, Charlotte, NC 28204
It’s almost that time of year again for Free Comic Book Day! FCBD at Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find is one of the biggest FCBD events in the country. Not only do we have tons of free comics for comic book fans of all ages, we also invite a bunch of great creators who will sign your comics and do quick sketches for you! This year we’ll be hosting :
Chris Brunner - Co-creator of the FCBD offering LOOSE ENDS from 12 Gauge Comics. Artist on Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, cover artist on Boondock Saints andNola.
Ian Flynn - Writer on Sonic the Hedgehog and the upcoming Mega Man from Archie Comics.
Sanford Greene - Creator of 1000 and Rotten Apple. Artist on Wonder Girl, Method Man,and Marvel Adventures: Spider-Man.
Cully Hamner - Co-creator of Red. Artist on The Question, Blue Beetle, Batman: Tenses, The Ride, Daredevil, and Green Lantern Mosaic.
Jason Latour - Co-creator of the FCBD offering LOOSE ENDS from 12 Gauge Comics. Artist on Wolverine, Captain America, Iron Fist, and Daredevil.
Laura Martin - Color artist on The Rocketeer, Astonishing X-Men, Planetary, Secret Invasion, Thor and The Stand.
Rico Renzi - Color artist on the FCBD offering LOOSE ENDS from 12 Gauge Comics, Yo Gabba Gabba!, Wolverine, Frenemy of the State, and Captain America. (I’ll mostly be making sure the real guests stay hydrated!)
Budd Root - Creator of Cavewoman.
Bridgit Scheide - Creator of The Kindle Kind and Brother Nash.
Chris Schweizer - Creator of The Crogan Adventures.
Andy Smith - Artist on X-Men Legacy, WWE Heroes, and Superman Confidential.
Brian Stelfreeze - Artist on Wednesday Comics, Jonah Hex, Batman: Shadow of the Bat, Matador and Domino.
Matt Wilson - Color artist on the FCBD offering CAPTAIN AMERICA/THOR: THE MIGHTY FIGHTING AVENGERS, Y the Last Man, Phonogram, Thor the Mighty Avenger, and Wolverine.
Sketch Charlotte – Several artists from this local sketch group will be on hand and word has it they are self-publishing their own FCBD anthology with Heroes being one of the few place you can get it!
Wow! NOTE that free sketches are at the discretion of the artists, and are not guaranteed. So, mark that date on your calendar folks! Saturday, May 7th at Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find will be a good time and you won’t want to miss it!
Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find
1957 E. 7th St, Charlotte, NC 28204
Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find starts the New Year right! We are proud to announce that the Charlotte Minicon will be Saturday, January 22, 2011 from 11 am to 5 pm. The show will be at the Palmer Building at Fireman’s Hall which is just half a mile from our store. We love having our Minicon at this cozy location and it is well worth the $3 admission price just to come and check out this cool, old building. If you are not familiar with the location, fear not, we will put up signs along 7th St. to help direct you to the event!
Our awesome guest list includes Rich Barrett (Nathan Sorry), Chris Brunner (Boondock Saints, Loose Ends), J. Chris Campbell (Zig Zag), Sanford Greene (1000), Dustin Harbin (Diary Comics #1), Jason Latour (Noche Roja, Scalped, Wolverine), Budd Root (Cavewoman), Bridgit Scheide (Kindle), Andy Smith (X-Men Forever 2) and Chrissie Zullo (Fables #100).
We are also pleased to announce our very special guest Chris Stevens! Stevens popped up on the radar doing illustrations for RPG’s and working with UDON Entertainment on numerous projects. He then made a splash in the world of sequential art with a pair of short stories that appeared in Image’s Popgun 2 and 3 anthology volumes. The shorts evolved into the new series, Skullkickers from Image. Stevens is the cover artist for the series and issue #1 has gone to a 3rd printing (that’s a lot of covers)! Stevens was a very popular guest at HeroesCon 2010, creating this gorgeous Captain America for our annual Art Auction. His work so impressed Adam Hughes that he had to go home with the piece! Special thanks go out to the one and only Patrick Sun for capturing an image of Cap before Hughes snatched it up. Please give Stevens a warm Charlotte welcome when you stop by his table!
In addition to our special guests there will be a room full of dealers from all over the Southeast selling their comic wares. Come by to dig for comics both new and old as well as other comic related items like toys! As a special bonus treat the Charlotte Minicon will feature pony rides (weather permitting)! All you have to do is donate at least $3 to the Latta Plantation Equestrian Center. Funds raised will go to erect a covered area at the center. I can’t think of another convention that can boast that they have pony rides!
We hope to see you Saturday, January 22, 2011 at this incredibly fun, family-friendly event!
January 22, 2011
11 am to 5 pm
Admission is just $3!
Palmer Building at Fireman’s Hall
2601 E 7th St, Charlotte, NC 28204
Heroes Con is for Lovers– Lovers of Art that is! Event Debuts Gallery Exhibition and Auction!
Golden, Texeira, Jusko and more headline show.
Charlotte, N.C. — The favorite show of both pros and fans alike is happening earlier in June this year–next weekend in fact–which just means the fun is happening sooner this year as well! And if that were not enough, the convention will be debuting a new gallery show on Friday AND continuing it’s world-famous art auction on Saturday.
As usual, this show features a great guest list, which includes the likes of artist/writer Michael Golden, fine art painter Mark Texeira, illustrator Steve Scott and amazing painter Joe Jusko.
In addition to an outstanding artist alley and exhibitor list, Heroes this year will also be debuting a gallery show in connection with the convention, with a Friday night reception open to the public.
“Super! The Fine Art of Comics,” which had a continuing run from April 28-June 6th at “Twenty-Two Gallery” in Charlotte will have a closing reception on Friday June 4th, starting at 7 p.m. and going until late! Pieces will still be available for final purchase at this time and includes works by Michael Golden, Mark Texeira, Steve Scott, Mark Bagley, Mark Brooks, Chris Brunner, Eric Canete, Steve Ditko, Steve Epting, Ron Garney, Randy Green, Sanford Greene, Cully Hamner, Tony Harris, Adam Hughes, Georges Jeanty, Casey Jones, Joe Jusko, Jack Kirby, Jason Latour, Ton Lyle, Jonboy Meyers, Jason Pearson, Brandon Peterson, Budd Root, Stephane Roux, Andy Smith, Brian Stelfreeze, Karl Story, Dexter Vines and Chrissie Zullo.
For more information on the gallery show, visit www.gallerytwentytwo.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Heroes Charlotte will be taking place June 4-6 at the Charlotte Convention. Other guests attending the show include Tim Sale, Mike Mignola, Frank Cho, Bill Willingham, Herb Trimpe, Brian Bolland, John Beatty, June Brigman, Buzz, J. Scott Campbell, Tommy Castillo, Jim Cheung, Renee Witterstaetter, Gary Friedrich, Craig Hamilton,Greg Horn, David Mack, Nathn Massengill, Mike McKone, Todd Nauck, Steve Niles, Alex Saviuk, Jim Starlin, Joe Staton, Billy Tucci, Ethan Van Scriver, Berni Wrightson, Robin Dale and many more.
For more information visit wwww.heroesonline.com
And don’t forget the Heroes Con famous auction, taking place this year on Saturday night! Coupled with the show at Gallery Twenty-Two, this next weekend proves to be a real double-whammy for appreciators of sequential art!
For more information on Eva Ink Artists, appearances and commissions, contact: email@example.com
FLORIDA SUPERCON 2010
FSC is 18 days away! Over 30 New Comic Book, Cosplay, Music, Wrestling and Media Guests announced for June 18-20, 2010 show
Plus: FSC’s very first variant comic books announced!
Miami, FL – Florida Supercon continues to grow! Florida’s most exciting and fun genre convention continues to add more guests and events for the 5th annual Florida Supercon, set to occur June 18-20, 2010 in Miami, FL. Over thirty new guests have been added from the worlds of Comic Books, Cosplay, Music, Horror, Video Games and Wrestling with more still to be announced as we get closer to the show!
Florida Supercon (FSC) is South Florida’s Comic Book, Anime, Animation, Video Game and Sci-Fi / Fantasy Festival, a three day festival that includes celebrity guests, comic book publishers, artists, writers, vendors, Q&A’s, parties, costume contests, anime programming, cosplay, panels, photo shoots, live music, video games and more. The event kicks off at 12:00PM, Friday, June 18 and the fun continues almost around the clock until 6:00PM, Sunday, June 20. FSC returns to Miami for its 5th year as it takes over almost 150,0000 square feet at the Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel and Convention Center to become the largest genre convention in the history of South Florida! Over 200 guests will be in attendance at the event.
New comic book industry guests include:
· Jose Delbo: Argentinian born artist Jose Delbo has a career that has spanned 50 years, starting in the Silver Age of the early 1960′s until today. Fans will best know Delbo as the main artist on Wonder Woman from 1976 to 1981 and The Transformers (Marvel Comics) from issue 36-67 (1987-1990).
· Clay Mann: Comic Book artist of X-Men Legacy, Dark Reign: Elektra, Daredevil, Ultimate X-Men, Thor: Man of War, Heroes For Hire, Marvel Knights 4, Four, The Immortal Iron Fist, Marvel Adventures: Fantastic Four, X-Men Unlimited and more!
· Tommy Castillo: Comic Book artist of Batman: Gotham Knights, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Detective Comics, Dungeons & Dragons, Evil Ernie in Santa Fe, Fear the Dead: A Zombie Survivor’s Journal, Green Arrow, Grimm Fairy Tales, Hari Kari, Se7en, Toe Tags Featuring George A. Romero, G.I. Joe, Vampirella and more!
· Chris Brunner: Comic Book artist of Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Dark Horse Presents, Hellblazer, Resident Evil, Star Wars Tales, Ghost Handbook, The Ride, The Ride: Foreign Parts, The Ride: Savannah, X-Omnibus, Robin, Hellhounds, Wolverine / Punisher, Gotham Central, Savage Dragon and more!
· Steve Borock: Industry Guest. Steve is the Consignment Director for Heritage Auctions. He is the former (and first) President, Primary Grader and Restoration Detection Expert at CGC (Comics Guaranty Corporation) from 1999 – 2008. Steve was a key figure in introducing third-party certification to the comic book hobby and helping to change the hobby forever.
· Koi Turnbull: Comic Book artist of Fathom, Wolverine, Aspen Seasons, Batgirl, Batman and the Outsiders, Batman: Gotham Knights, Black Panther, Detective Comics, Fathom: Cannon Hawke, The Flash, Green Lantern, Heroes, New Warriors, Nova, Outsiders: Five of a Kind, Superman Confidential, What If…?, Worlds of Aspen & more!
· Louis Small jr.: Artist of Vampirella, Vampirella Strikes!, Vampirella / Lady Death, Vampirella / Shi, Adventure Comics 80-Page Giant, Batman, The Chaos Effect, The Darkness, Codename: Knockout, JLA Secret Files, Ka-Zar, Kabuki Gallery, Witchblade, Solar: Man of the Atom, Lady Death, Chaos! Quarterly & more!
· Stephan Nilson: Comic Book writer of Monsterpocalypse, Justice League Unlimited, Atomik Mike, Batman Strikes! and Danny Husk. Stephan’s Television and TV related digital material includes Smallville (seasons 6&7) Justice and Doom and Visions, Ghost Whisperer and Red Dwarf.
· Daxiong: Hailing from China, Daxiong founded QiCartoon Studios in 1999, where he produced over 100 publications. He is currently one of the most successful artists in Chinese and European comics. Now living in the U.S., his American credits include: Star Wars Adventures, Top 10 Season Two & Justice League of America 80 Page Giant.
· Don Hillsman II: Comic Book Artist. Pencil credits include: Street Fighter, By Any Means Necessary: The Life & Times of Malcolm X, Daemonstorm, Devil Dinosaur Spring Fling, JLA Secret Files & Origins, Marvel Comics Presents, Southern Knights, Ultraverse Unlimited & Xavier Institute Alumni Yearbook. Inking credits: X-Men, Iron Man, Gambit, Damage, Scion, Sigil & more!
New Media Guests include:
· Andy Sipes has been seen/heard/felt in some of your favorite things: Code Monkeys (art director and character designer, voice of Mr. Larrity, Dean and more), Archer, Last Call with Carson Daly, Adult Swim’s Saul of the Mole Men and Minoriteam, Comedy Central’s Crank Yankers, MTV’s The Andy Milonakis Show and DJ and The Fro plus many more.
· Dawn Wells: Best known as Mary Ann in the Gilligan’s Island TV series, multiple reunion specials and the Gilligan’s Planet animated series
· Cindy Morgan is best known for her role as Lora / Yori in Tron and as Lacey Underall in Caddyshack. She recently was the voice of Ma3a in the Tron 2.0 video game and has been a part of the viral marketing for the new Tron Legacy film in the role of Lora Bradley once again.
· Larry Thomas is best known for his role on Sienfeld as the tyrannical Soup Nazi. Larry’s other credits include: Austin Powers, A Fist Full of Quarters, Spaced Out, Postal and The Warehouse Job and much more!
· Alex Vincent is best known for his role as Andy Barclay in the Child Play series of films, including: Childs Play and Child’s Play 2.
· Joseph Culp is an accomplished actor who can most recently be seen on the AMC hit series Mad Men as Archie Whitman (Don Draper’s father). To the comic book world, he is probably best known as Dr. Doom in the original 1994 Fantastic Four movie. His many TV roles include appearances on House, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, The Greatest American Hero (with his dad Robert Culp) and ER.
· Sally Kellerman is best known for her role as Major Margaret “Hot Lips” Houlihan in the film MASH (1970), for which she was nominated for an Oscar for Best Actress in a Supporting Role. Sally has dozens of credits including starring roles in the classic Star Trek 2nd pilot episode Where No Man Has Gone Before, as Rodney Dangerfield’s teacher / love interest in Back To School, The Boston Strangler, Brewster McCloud, The Last of the Red Hot Lovers, Lost Horizon, Centennial, Foxes, Moving Violations, Meatballs III: Summer Job, That’s Life!, Boris and Natasha, PrÃªt-Ã -Porter, American Virgin and many more!
· Scott Tepperman is the newest investigator on Ghost Hunters International. He has been traveling abroad investigating with the Ghost Hunters and his first episodes will air starting this summer’s season premiere.
· Geretta Geretta: She played Rosemary in Lamberto Bava’s 1985 film Demons (DÃ¨moni), where she was transformed into a demonic creature who tries to a slaughter Berlin theater audience. Her career as an actress has included roles in Susan Siedelman’s Smithereens, Lucio Fulci’s Murder Rock & Bruno Mattei’s Rats: Night Of Terror.
· Daphnee Duplaix. Actress and Model, Daphnee starred as Valerie Davis on the TV series Passions and currently stars on One Life to Live as Rachel Gannon. She was a 2010 NAACP Image Award Nominee for “Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series”. Her other notable roles include appearances on Angel, The District, Dharma & Greg, Felicity, CSI, CSI: NY, The Fighting Temptations, Demon Island, The Invisible Man, Just Shoot Me! and more! She was the July 1997 Playboy Playmate of the Month.
· Lou Pizarro is Director, Producer and Star of Tru TV’s Operation Repo.
· Paris Themmen is best known for his role as Mike Teevee in the 1971 film Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, when he was 11 years old. He was also a voice actor for Macross Plus (1994) and appeared on Star Trek: Voyager (Season 6, Episode 13: “Virtuoso”) in 2000 and The Ed Sullivan Show in the early 70′s.
New Cosplay and Entertainment Guests include:
· Steampunk Cosplay Guests. Founded in 2004 Outland Armour specializes in metal, leather, wood working, film making, special effects, acting, sculpture, custom prop creation, custom sewing & all aspects of costume design. They are constantly expanding to better realize your imagination. The crew has worked to create and constantly improve their original steampunk characters; The sky pirates of H.M.S. Amaranth. The crew will be hosting a variety of panels all weekend long.
· The Console Alliance was started by gamers for gamers out of love for video games. The Console Alliance is known for making video game parodies, independent movies, documentaries, shorts and more. Despite the film’s, The Console Alliance’s main goal is to correct today’s wrongful accusation of what a “Gamer” is and to correct the majorities conclusion that video games “Cause Violence” and “Desensitize children and younger players minds.”
New Wrestling Guests include:
· The Original Gangsta, New Jack is coming. New Jack is best known for his run in ECW in the 90′s into 2000′s, where he was a 3 time tag team champion (twice with Mustafa as The Gangstas and once with Kronus as The Gangstanators). He started out in USWA (Tag Team Champion), North Georgia Wrestling (Heavyweight Champion and Tag Team Champion) and Smokey Mountain (Tag Team Champion) before ECW. Since ECW, New Jack has wrestled for XPW, TNA Wrestling, CZW and Wrestling Society X.
· Lizzy Valentine. As a wrestler, Lizzy has been featured in TNA Wrestling, Xtreme Pro Wrestling, Wrestlicious, XPW, Kapow! & Jersey All Pro Wrestling
In addition to the guests listed above, eight new bands have been added to the live music line up, including: Modify The Moment, Bell Tower Falls, Viva Le Vox, Enrique’s Revenge, The Strikeouts, Protagonist, Sir Veza and Rumor Has It.
Plus: FSC is thrilled to announce the first ever variant comics produced only for Florida Supercon. There will be 2 awesome limited edition Lady Death variant comics printed just for Florida Supercon!
· The first variant is a special Lady Death: Dragon Wars #1 FSC Sketch Cover Variant Edition limited to 200 copies. Everyone loves sketch covers! Get your Lady Death sketch variant and have your favorite artist at the show do a sketch to make your variant a one of a kind collectible! Lady Death: Dragon Wars #1 is written by Brian Pulido and features art by Ivan Reis. This variant will only be available at the Florida Supercon booth at the show.
· The second Lady Death variant at FSC is Lady Death: The Rapture #1 “The End Edition”. Limited to just 77 copies! Each copy will be signed and numbered by Brian Pulido (Writer / Creator). Variant cover by Louis Small jr. This limited edition will be available at Brian Pulido’s booth at FSC.
More information for each of these guests may be found at the FSC website www.supercon.tv. These new guests join a line up of over 150 guests already announced for the show, and that number continues to grow every week. Some of the guests already lined up for FSC 2010 include:
Comic Book artists and writers such as Ariel Olivetti, Bill Sienkiewicz, Khoi Pham, Rafa Sandoval, Allen Bellman, Greg Horn, Brad Walker, Paul Gulacy, Fred Van Lente, Filip Sablik, Georges Jeanty, Dustin Weaver, Steve Kurth, Shawn Crystal, Joe Jusko, Clayton Henry, Brian Pulido, Bo Hampton, Alex Saviuk, Pat Broderick, Rob Hunter, Greg “Dark One” Williams, Vinnie Tartamella, Dick Kulpa, Jay Leisten, Luis Diaz and more!
Anime and Animation voice actors like Troy Baker (Naruto, Code Geass), Richard Horvitz (Invader Zim), Larry Kenney (Thundercats), Brittney Karbowski (Xenosaga, Pani Poni Dash), Dana Snyder (Aqua Teen), Charles Fleischer (Roger Rabbit), Brad Kesten (Charlie Brown), Angela Lee-Sloan (Lucy in Peanuts), Stacy H. Tolkin (Sally in Peanuts) and more!
Legendary Filmmakers Lloyd Kaufman and Hershell Gordon Lewis.
Movie and TV Celebrities such as Richard “Shaft” Roundtree, Fred “The Hammer” Willaimson (From Dusk Til’ Dawn), Tia Carrere (Wayne’s World, Relic Hunter), Robb Demarest (Ghost Hunters International), Brandy Green (Ghost Hunters International), Luciana Carro (Battlestar Galactica), John Wesley Shipp (The Flash), Charles Fleischer (Back to the Future II), Julie McCullough (Growing Pains, The Blob), Rebecca Staab (Fantastic Four), Anthony Forrest (Star Wars), Michelle Lintel (The Black Scorpion) and more!
Wrestling Guests such as The Iron Sheik (WWF), Greg “The Hammer” Valentine (WWF), Daffney (WCW, TNA), Stacy “The Kat” Carter (WWE, WWF), Sinn “Kizarny” Bodhi (WWE), Terri Runnels (WWE), Traci Brooks (TNA) and SoCal Val (TNA).
Musical Guests like Less Than Jake, Addax, Feeding Fingers, The Joyness, S.S. Hanami, Robbed By A Flute, Sci-Fried, The Pursuit and more!
Cosplay and Entertainment Guests such as Yaya Han, Miracole Burns, The 3000 Brigade (Smash Bros. Show), Supercon Championship Wrestling, Wasabi Anime and more!
Stand Up Comedy Guests like Lisa Corrao, The Revenge of the Nerds Comedy Show, Julie McCullough and more!
Additional guests can be found at on the Florida Supercon website at www.supercon.tv
This years FSC will have dedicated programming tracks for each of the genre’s being celebrated. Some of the amazing events include:
· Q&A’s with most of our attending guests
· Comic art portfolio reviews for aspiring artists
· Fan panels for all aspects of the show (Comics, Anime, Animation, Sci-Fi etc.)
· Industry panels for breaking into Comics, Anime, Animation etc…
· The FSC Costume Competition (with over $3,000 in cash and prizes)
· The FSC Cosplay Skit Contest
· Rumble Roses Cosplay Wrestling
· The Otaku Insomnia Rave
· Cosplay Deviant’s Hentai Cafe
· Cosplay RockBand
· Supercon Championship Wrestling’s “Supercon Mania!”
· The Smash Brothers 3000 Super Show
· Filmmaking workshops with Hershell Gordon Lewis
· The FSC Film Festival
· Live Musical Performances
· Live stand up comedy
· Over 100 video game stations
· Video game tournaments
· A 50,000 square feet exhibition room with over 400 booths and tables featuring vendors, celebrity guests, artists, filmmakers and exhibits.
Complete information on these and dozens of more events taking place all weekend can be found at www.supercon.tv
The convention hours of operation are:
FRIDAY, JUNE 18: 12:00PM – 2:00AM
SATURDAY, JUNE 19: 11:00AM – 2:00AM
SUNDAY, JUNE 20: 11:00AM – 6:00PM
FSC is located at The Double Tree Miami Airport Hotel and Convention Center,
711 NW 72nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126. Discounted room rates for convention are available. See our website www.supercon.tv for details.