Writer Charles Soule (Superman/Wonder Woman) appears at Phat Collectibles on Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 2:00pm!
1201 S. Euclid Street, Anaheim, CA 92804
Marvel Entertainment has released their panel and booth signing schedule for Comic Con International in San Diego. Highlights include Stan Lee, director Joss Whedon, Hayley Atwell, the cast and crew of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Agent Coulson himself, Clark Gregg! Plus many writers and artists from the House of Ideas such as Brian Michael Bendis, Joe Quesada, John Romita Jr, Sara Pichelli, Mark Brooks, Jeph Loeb, and more!
Charles Soule and Dennis Calero appear on the Comic Book Club with hosts Pete LePage, Justin Tyler, and Alex Zalben on Tuesday June 25, 2013 at 7:00pm! They are teaming up on the digital Batman title “Legends of the Dark Knight” for DC. Come out and enjoy the show! Admission is free!
105 Eldridge Street, New York, NY 10002
ARCHAIA EXHIBITING AT C2E2 THIS WEEKEND!
New Titles! A panel on 3D comics! And, contests to win great Archaia Books at our booth through Twitter, Instagram, FourSquare, and more!
CHICAGO, IL (April 25, 2013) – Award-winning graphic novel publisher Archaia Entertainment is excited to announce it will exhibit at booth #1019 at the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo (C2E2) for a fourth straight year since the event’s inception! C2E2 is one of the Midwest’s biggest celebrations of comics and pop culture, taking place during the weekend of April 26-28, 2013 in the West Hall of McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois. Archaia’s corporate headquarters is based in Chicago.
“We love making C2E2 one of our biggest events of the year. Nearly our entire management team is from Chicago, the Chicago fans are great, and our creators really make it a special show for us,” raved Chicago native, Jack Cummins, President & COO of Archaia. “We have great new titles like Strange Attractors, Mumbai Confidential, and HAWKEN: GENESIS, as well as Rust Vol. 2: Secrets of the Cell, Jim Henson’s The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths Vol. 2, and Pantalones, TX: Don’t Chicken Out. We are excited for our fans to see these new books and find out about the new upcoming Mouse Guard books directly from Eisner Award winner David Petersen.”
Creators and contributors scheduled to appear at the Archaia booth include:
Andrew E. C. Gaska (writer: Space: 1999: Aftershock and Awe, Conspiracy of the Planet of the Apes, Critical Millennium: The Dark Frontier, the upcoming Classic Space: 1999)
Andrew Rostan (writer; An Elegy for Amelia Johnson)
Brent Schoonover (artist, Mr. Murder Is Dead)
Chandra Free (writer/artist: The God Machine, Fraggle Rock)
Charles Soule (writer: Strange Attractors)
Cory Godbey (artist: Fraggle Rock, the upcoming Jim Henson’s Labyrinth and Spera Vol. 3)
David Marquez (artist: Syndrome, the upcoming The Joyners in 3D)
David Petersen (writer/artist: Mouse Guard)
Janet Lee (artist: Return of the Dapper Men)
Jeremy Bastian (writer/artist: Cursed Pirate Girl)
Jim McCann (writer: Return of the Dapper Men)
Ramón Pérez (artist: Jim Henson’s Tale of Sand)
R. J. Ryan (writer: Syndrome, the upcoming The Joyners in 3D)
Royden Lepp (writer/artist: The Rust)
Tom Pinchuk (writer: Hybrid Bastards!)
Yehudi Mercado (writer/artist: Pantalones, TX: Don’t Chicken Out)
Check the signing schedule at Archaia.com for your favorite creator’s availability. Here’s what else is going on at the Archaia booth during C2E2 weekend:
• We will present a panel on Sunday! Archaia Entertainment Presents: Comics Storytelling and the Lost Art of 3D, 1:30-2:30pm, Room W471. Join us for an uncensored discussion of the medium’s benefits and drawbacks, as well as a wide-ranging survey of the highs and lows of 60 years of 3D comics, only at C2E2 2013! We will preview the 2013 release of the ambitious, all-3D graphic novel The Joyners in 3D from Archaia, writer R.J. Ryan (Syndrome), New York Times best-selling illustrator David Marquez (All-New X-Men, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Syndrome), and Archaia Editor-in-Chief Stephen Christy have invited a panel of creatives from across comics to dig deep into both the highs and lows of using 3D as a storytelling tool. The multimedia presentation will include big-screen glimpses of comics’ most famous—and most forgettable—3D projects, as well as a brief, exclusive sneak peek at Ryan & Marquez’s epic 3D melodrama, The Joyners in 3D. Moderated by Word Balloon podcast host John Siuntres, every panel attendee receives a free pair of 3D glasses and a coupon to receive a copy of the 2012 Free Comic Book Day hardcover at the Archaia booth (while supplies last)!
• Mouse Guard creator David Petersen and Rust creator Royden Lepp are among the guests on the Imaginative Sci-Fi Authors of C2E2panel! Saturday, 12:45-1:45pm, Room W475B. They will join other science fiction and fantasy authors like E.B. Hudspeth (The Resurrectionist, published by Quirk), Jeffrey Brown (Darth Vader and Son, Top Shelf), Brandon Easton (Roboy, Lion Forge), and Rachel Rawlings (The Maurin Kincaide Series) to talk about their imaginative Sci-Fi and Fantasy graphic novels!
• Meteor Entertainment is bringing the experience of their smash hit, online, free-to-play, giant-mech video game HAWKEN to C2E2 with two play-test kiosks set up at the Archaia booth! Copies of the accompanying graphic novel, HAWKEN: GENESIS, will be on hand for purchase, and each copy comes with a scratch-off card with a code that can be redeemed for 10,000 HAWKEN Credits for use in the game!
• Charles Soule, the new writer of DC’s Swamp Thing, will be on hand to autograph advance copies of his new Archaia graphic novel, Strange Attractors, which is the fascinating sci-fi story of how a professor uses mathematics to help keep New York City from destroying itself! Check for his signing schedule at the booth (#1019) or on Archaia.com.
• Fans who purchase copies of Hopeless, Maine will receive a free, handmade postcard created by authors Tom and Nimue Brown. Quantities are limited!
• Using Foursquare, fans have a chance to win an all-ages prize pack containing copies of: Mouse Guard Vol. 1: Fall 1152; Rust Vol. 1; Pantalones, TX; and Cow Boy: A Boy and His Horse. To enter, simply check in to “Archaia Entertainment: Booth #1019” (http://4sq.com/12FDU7y) through the Foursquare app on your iOS or Android phone and tweet your check-in using #ArchaiaC2E2. Winners will be contacted to receive their prize. More info: http://on.fb.me/12G8IFk .
• Using Instagram, fans have a chance to win a Henson/Archaia graphic novel prize pack containing copies of: Fraggle Rock Vol. 1, Fraggle Rock Vol. 2: Tails and Tales, The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths Vol. 1, and The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths Vol. 2. To enter, take creative photos of the Archaia booth at C2E2 (#1019), upload it using the Instagram app on your iOS or Android phone, and use the hashtag #ArchaiaC2E2. Archaia will choose the best photo and contact the winner to receive their prize! Photos will be posted on the Archaia Facebook page! More info: http://on.fb.me/11idRR2.
• Archaia Entertainment will be hosting a Retweet to Win contest through Twitter for fans who can’t make it to C2E2! Retweeting starts Friday, April 26th at 10am CST! This contest will run thru Sunday, April 28th. To enter, you must follow Archaia on Twitter, look for the special “RT to Win” tweet from our account (@Archaia) which will be sent out several times each day throughout C2E2 weekend (April 26-28). Multiple winners will be selected each day. Prizes include copies of: Cow Boy: A Boy and His Horse; The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths Vol. 1; Fraggle Rock Vol. 1; Gunnerkrigg Court Vol. 1; HAWKEN: GENESIS; Mouse Guard Vol. 1: Fall 1152; Pantalones, TX; Return of the Dapper Men; andRust Vol. 1. More info: https://www.facebook.com/
See you at C2E2! Visit c2e2.com for information on how to buy tickets!
About Archaia Entertainment, LLC
Archaia is a multi-award-winning graphic novel publisher with more than 75 renowned publishing brands, including such domestic and international hits as Mouse Guard, Rust, Cow Boy, Cursed Pirate Girl, Gunnerkrigg Court, and Artesia. Archaia has also published an entire line of graphic novels in partnership with The Jim Henson Company, including the multiple award-winning Jim Henson’s Tale of Sand and such beloved tales as The Dark Crystal, The Storyteller, and Fraggle Rock. Alongside these celebrated titles, Archaia has released English translations of numerous renowned foreign titles to much fanfare, including The Killer, Sergio Toppi’s Sharaz-De, and The Secret History.
This year, Archaia was honored with two Eisner nominations, and in 2012, Archaia was honored with six Harvey Award nominations, two Harvey Awards, six Eisner nominations, and three Eisner Awards (Jim Henson’s Tale of Sand won for Best Graphic Album–New, Best Penciller/Inker, and Best Publication Design). Also in 2012, Archaia earned both Gold and Silver awards from ForeWord Reviews. Archaia was honored with nine 2011 Eisner Awards nominations and two Eisner Awards for Best Graphic Album and Best Anthology.
In addition to its partnership with The Jim Henson Company, Archaia has forged creative partnerships with storytellers in all facets of the entertainment industry, resulting in print and digital expansions of such noted properties as Bleedout and HAWKEN (video games), Immortalsand Planet of the Apes (film), and Space: 1999 (television).
Archaia has built an unparalleled reputation within the creator community for producing meaningful, transformative content, building one of the industry’s most visually stunning and eclectic slates of graphic novels.
Emerald City Comic-Con 2013 is upon us once again and Oni Press all sorts of attractions and goodies to delight any comics reader. What kind of goodies, you ask? How does an ECCC 2013 exclusive variant cover of Helheim #1 by the talented Chuck BB sound? Maybe, the Scott Pilgrim V2 Collector’s Edition is more your style. That will be there too! Also, don’t miss your chance to purchase the recently released all-ages titles Mermin, Glitter Kiss and Sketch Monsters V2.
We will be located at BOOTH #902!
That’s not all! Stop by panel room 3AB, SATURDAY AT 6pm, for the RevolutiONIze Comics Panel. Join Oni Press Editor in Chief James Lucas Jones as he presents a whirlwind of talented creators, sneak previews, and the announcement of a new floppy series! This interactive panel will have some of the hottest names in comics right before your eyes, discussing their books and answering audience questions. Creators in attendance: Cullen Bunn (The Sixth Gun, Helheim), Brian Hurtt (The Sixth Gun, The Damned), Joëlle Jones (Helheim, You Have Killed Me) and Charles Soule (Strongman, Strange Attractors). All panel attendees will receive high fives and comics!
Below you will find our creators in attendance along with their signing times:
Jamie S. Rich: All weekend
Joëlle Jones: All weekend
Joshua Williamson: All weekend
Vinny Navarrete: All weekend
Joe Harris: Fri. 4:00-5:45pm & Sat. 1:00-2:45pm
Tyler Crook: Fri. 4:00-5:45pm & Sun. 4:00-5:45pm
Monica Gallagher: Fri. 4:00-5:45pm & Sun. 12:00-1:45pm
Chuck BB: Fri. 6:00-7:45pm & Sat. 5:00-6:45pm
Joey Weiser: Fri. 6:00-7:45pm & Sat. 5:00-6:45pm
Lars Brown: Sat. 11:00-12:45pm
Brendan Hay: Sat. 11:00-12:45pm
Chris Schweizer: Sat. 1:00-2:45pm & Sun. 10:00-11:45am
Jackie Lewis: Sat. 1:00-2:45pm
Cullen Bunn: Sat. 3:00-4:45pm & Sun. 2:00-3:45pm
Brian Hurtt: Sat. 3:00-4:45pm & Sun. 4:00-5:45pm
Brian Churilla: Sat. 3:00-4:45pm & Sun. 2:00-3:45pm
Bill Crabtree: Sat. 3:00-4:45pm & Sun. 2:00-3:45pm
Ray Fawkes: Sat. 5:00-6:45pm & Sun. 4:00-5:45pm
Matthew Southworth: Sun. 10:00-11:45am
Justin Greenwood: Sun. 12:00-1:45pm
Jim Hanley’s Universe hosts two huge events next Wednesday, October 10, 2012!
Signing at our Manhattan Location on October 10 from 5:00pm to 7:00pm are a half dozen of the coolest creators in comics right now, including the the team behind DC’s Nightwing, writer Kyle Higgins, artist Eddy Barrows, and colorist Rod Reis; PLUS special guests Amy Reeder (Batwoman, the new Halloween Eve from Image), Trevor McCarthy (Batman: Gates of Gotham), and Brandon Montclare (Halloween Eve).
Then at 7:00pm, Jim Hanley’s Universe in New York City is proud to present the Pop Music In Comics Panel Discussion and Signing at the JHU Underground in Manhattan, Wednesday, October 10!
Patrick Reed (editor of Depth Of Field Magazine) will moderate this exclusive panel discussion featuring some of the hottest creators in comics today, discussing their work and the intersection of comics and popular music. Joining us for this lively and unique panel:
-Kieron Gillen (Phonogram, Uncanny X-Men, Journey Into Mystery, and the upcoming Iron Man)
-Jamal Igle (Molly Danger, IDW’s KISS)
-Avi Spivak (Human Being Lawnmower, Kicksville Confidential)
The event will feature complimentary refreshments from Tompkins Square Bagels, Angry Orchard Brewery, Saranac Brewery, and Southampton Brewery. Free food and drink, talking about comics and music, and meeting a ton of great creators – this is pretty awesome. RSVP on Facebook!
Some come on over to JHU Underground at our Manhattan store in the heart of the City for this amazing panel and signing event, Wednesday, October 10 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm! Exclusively at Jim Hanley’s Universe in New York City, For 27 Years and Counting Where Fans and Creators Meet!
Jim Hanley’s Universe
4 West 33rd Street, New York, NY 10001
GraniteCon announces a new round of guests for their show on Sunday June 10, 2012!
NEW MEDIA GUEST ADDED! Amy Okuda! From the hit online web series The Guild, Amy, who plays Tink on the series, is doing a RARE EAST COAST APPEARANCE at Granitecon! On top of appearing in the “The Guild” (which will have a comic out for Free Comic Book Day, as well as other issues released by Dark Horse), Amy has also been on the series “Californication” and “Bite Me”! She will be signing autographs and taking pictures with fans throughout the day for $10! We’re excited to have Amy at the show!
NEW GUEST ADDED! Eric Powell! Another Granitecon first, Eric, who is best known as the creator of The Goon, has also worked on titles ranging from Dark Horse to DC, including Superman: Escape from Bizarro World and most recently IDW’s Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters! We are extremely pleased to be having Eric for the show!
NEW GUEST ADDED! Charles Paul Wilson III! Returning to Granitecon, Charles has continued work on the series Stuff of Legend, alongside one of our other guests, Mike Raicht! Be sure to also pick up your copy of Stuff of Legend at Free Comic Book Day on May 5th to have him sign it at the show!
NEW GUEST ADDED! Charles Soule, writer of Image Comics “27″, Slave Labor Graphic’s “Strongman” and the upcoming “Strange Attractors” from Archaia!
Previously announced guests include Braden Lamb, Jason Ciamarella, Keith Champagne, Mark McKenna, Mike Raicht, Ming Doyle, and Shelli Paroline!
Charles Soule signs at Third Eye Comics on Saturday, January 7, 2012 from 11AM-2PM.
First 15 heads in line will receive a special, limited to 15 only, “27″ mix tape, courtesy of Third Eye.
Third Eye Comics
45 Old Solomon Island Road, Annapolis, MD
Jim Hanley’s Universe presents a huge signing event featuring a variety of creators from a selection of innovative titles, Wednesday, October 12th – the day before NYCC begins! Signing copies of their latest books will be Ben McCool (Pigs, Choker), Nathan Edmondson (Who is Jake Ellis?), Chris & Shane Houghton (Reed Gunther), Edwin Huang (Skullkickers), Richard Starkings (Elephantmen), Charles Soule (Twenty Seven), Jeff Cahn (Red Spike), Owen Wiseman (Samurai’s Blood), David Baxter (Marksmen) and more!
Even cooler, the first 50 people to buy a comic from any of the attending creators will receive a FREE copy of the September 2011 edition of HEAVY METAL magazine. We’ll have drinks and snacks available on hand and plan to party down with our diverse lineup of personalities.
Jim Hanley’s Universe
4 West 33rd St, New York, NY 10001