ARCHAIA ENDING THE 2010 CONVENTION SEASON IN STYLE AT NEW YORK COMIC CON
PUBLISHER WILL HOST OVER 30 CREATORS, DEBUT FIVE HARDCOVER BOOKS, ANNOUNCE TWO NEW PROJECTS AND PUT ON THREE PANELS
Los Angeles, CA (October 7, 2010) – Capping off a successful 2010 convention season and eager to win over more fans to its brand of high-quality comics and graphic novels, Archaia Entertainment announced it will have a huge presence at New York Comic Con, taking place Oct. 8-10 at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York City.
In addition to setting up an oversized 20’ x 30’ booth on the show floor, Archaia will host over 30 creators for autograph signings; debut six new titles for the first time anywhere, including five graphic novel hardcover books; present three entertaining panels throughout the weekend and announce two, new projects; and co-sponsor several off-site events to celebrate the releases of RETURN OF THE DAPPER MEN and MOON LAKE.
“We are thrilled to appear at New York Comic Con, the second largest comic book and pop culture convention in the country, to reward our East Coast-based fans with some cool products and giveaways, and to attract new readers with our line of high-quality titles,” said Archaia Marketing Manager, Mel Caylo. “We’re hoping to end this year’s convention season with a great showing to generate buzz and excitement in the comics industry!”
The six titles debuting at New York Comic Con are:
· AWAKENING VOL. 2 – The follow-up to the critically acclaimed Awakening Vol. 1 concludes the gripping storyline of what may or may not be a zombie outbreak in a small town.
· FEEDING GROUND #1 – The debut of the first issue of this brand-new miniseries about werewolves terrorizing the Devil’s Highway, a corridor along the Mexico-Arizona border used by illegal immigrants. Presented both in English and Spanish!
· THE GOD MACHINE – A stylistic Gothic adventure about a young man’s journey to save his girlfriend’s soul.
· MOON LAKE – This eclectic collection of horror stories mixes elements from Tales from the Crypt and “Twilight Zone” and includes contributions from some of the best creators in horror comics like Brian Holguin, Stef Hutchinson and Jeffrey Zornow.
· MOUSE GUARD: LEGENDS OF THE GUARD VOL. 1 – Collects the critically acclaimed miniseries in which Mouse Guard creator David Petersen handpicks other creators to write and draw Mouse Guard stories.
· RETURN OF THE DAPPER MEN – A visual tour de force that presents a modern twist on classic fairy tales, utilizing an incredible decoupage art style that combines steampunk fantasy and science fiction with Art Nouveau for a truly unique and groundbreaking book.
The following Archaia creators will be on hand at various times at the Archaia booth (#2031) to sign autographs, sell exclusive items and hand out cool giveaways:
· Awakening – Alex Eckman-Lawn (artist)
· Bleedout – Nathan Fox (artist), Sanford Greene (artist), Zach Howard (artist), Michael Kennedy (writer), Ben Templesmith (artist)
· Critical Millennium – Daniel Dussault (artist), Andrew E. C. Gaska (creator/writer)
· Days Missing – Phil Hester (writer), David Marquez (artist), Trevor Roth (creator)
· Feeding Ground – Swifty Lang (co-creator/co-writer), Michael Lapinski (co-creator/artist), Christopher Mangun (co-creator/co-writer)
· Fraggle Rock – Nichol Ashworth (writer), Tim Beedle (editor), Michael DiMotta (artist), Sam Humphries (writer), Neil Kleid (writer), Dave Lanphear (letterer), Grace Randolph (writer)
· The God Machine – Chandra Free (creator/writer/artist)
· Gunnerkrigg Court – Tom Siddell (creator/writer/artist)
· Hybrid Bastards! – Kate Glasheen (artist), Tom Pinchuk (creator/writer)
· Lucid – Michael McMillian (creator/writer)
· Moon Lake – Dan Fogler (creator), Robbi Rodriguez (artist), Jeffrey Zornow (artist)
· Mouse Guard – David Petersen (creator/writer/artist)
· Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard – Katie Cook (writer/artist), David Petersen (creator/writer/artist), Sean Rubin (writer/artist)
· Return of the Dapper Men – Janet Lee (co-creator/artist), Jim McCann (co-creator/writer)
· Starkweather: Immortal – Dave Rodriguez (creator/writer)
· Syndrome – David Marquez (artist)
· Tumor – Joshua Hale Fialkov (co-creator/writer)
Listed below are the three panels Archaia will present at New York Comic Con:
ARCHAIA BLACK LABEL
The new Archaia Black Label specializes in co-developing intellectual properties with prestigious partners who are seeking to realize their ideas through the use of Archaia’s resources. Join Archaia as they show exclusive preview images and discuss current and upcoming Archaia Black Label titles, including: DAYS MISSING: KESTUS with Roddenberry Productions’ Trevor Roth, writer Phil Hester and artist David Marquez; LUCID with creator/writer and “True Blood” actor Michael McMillian; MOON LAKE with creator/co-writer Dan Fogler; and MR. MURDER IS DEAD with creator/writer Victor Quinaz. Plus, two exclusive announcements, including one in association with video game publisher Vogster Entertainment. There will be surprise guests! You don’t want to miss this! Moderated by Archaia editor-in-chief Stephen Christy. Panel Room 8 (1A23)
ARCHAIA ALL ACCESS
Get updates, previews and new information on current and upcoming core Archaia titles as the publisher spotlights: AWAKENING VOL. 2 with artist Alex Eckman-Lawn; CRITICAL MILLENNIUM with writer Andrew E. C. Gaska and artist Daniel Dussault; FEEDING GROUND with creators Swifty Lang, Michael Lapinski and Christopher Mangun; and THE GOD MACHINE with creator Chandra Free! Moderated by Archaia editor-in-chief Stephen Christy. Panel Room 7 (1A22)
ARCHAIA ALL AGES
All ages books are not necessarily children’s books—they’re books that readers of all ages can enjoy! Join Archaia for updates, previews and exciting new information on several of its All Ages titles, including: FRAGGLE ROCK VOL. 2 with editor Tim Beedle; MOUSE GUARD with creator/writer/artist David Petersen; MOUSE GUARD ROLEPLAYING GAME BOX SET with Petersen and game designer Luke Crane; and RETURN OF THE DAPPER MEN with writer Jim McCann and artist Janet Lee. Moderated by Archaia editor-in-chief Stephen Christy. Panel Room 5 (1A17-18)
During New York Comic Con, Archaia will also co-sponsor several off-site events that are open to the public to mark the release of two of its books:
RETURN OF THE DAPPER MEN Book Release and Art Show
Thursday, Oct. 7, 7-10 p.m.
Alice’s Tea Cup, 102 West 73rd St., New York, NY 10023
To recognize the release of Archaia’s new hardcover fairy tale, RETURN OF THE DAPPER MEN, writer Jim McCann and artist Janet Lee will display and offer for sale several of the decoupage art pieces that were created for the book. Join us for scones, cake, tea and, after 8 p.m., wine (courtesy of Bluebird Wines), as we celebrate this event on the eve of New York Comic Con! Admission is free!
The MOON LAKE Gallery at BAR 13
Saturday, Oct. 9 and Sunday Oct. 10, 12-5 p.m. each day
Bar 13, 35 east 13th St. Union Square, New York, NY 10003
Illustrations and images from the MOON LAKE graphic novel are on display, all day Saturday and Sunday from 12-5 pm. Admission is free! Complimentary beverages!
MOON LAKE Live Radio Play Performance and HYSTERICAL PSYCHO Screening
Saturday, Oct. 9. 11 p.m.-12 a.m.
Cinema Village Theater, 22 East 12th St., New York, NY 10003
Here’s your chance to watch a graphic novel performed before your very eyes! Before television, audiences were entertained by radio actors as they performed their favorite stories over the airwaves. Harkening back to that era, actor Dan Fogler and members of the Studio13 acting group will perform stories from Fogler’s MOON LAKE graphic novel LIVE! You have to see this! Admission is free! The performance will be followed by a midnight screening of Fogler’s film “Hysterical Psycho,” on which the MOON LAKE graphic novel is based. There will be a $10 charge for the movie.
As you can see, Archaia is looking to end the 2010 convention season with a bang, and we hope you’ll be there to experience it with us!
Archaia has built an unparalleled reputation for producing meaningful content that perpetually transforms minds. Archaia is: An Elegy for Amelia Johnson, Artesia, Awakening, Beautiful Scars, Berona’s War, The Black Knight, Critical Millennium, Cyclops, The Dark Crystal, Dark Fall, Days Missing, The Devil’s Handshake, The Engineer, Everlast, Feeding Ground, Fraggle Rock, God Machine, The Grave Doug Freshley, Gunnerkrigg Court, Hybrid Bastards!, Inanna’s Tears, The Killer, Killing Pickman, Labyrinth, The Lone and Level Sands, Lucid, Miranda Mercury, Moon Lake, Mouse Guard, Mr. Murder Is Dead, Okko, One in a Million, Primordia, The Return of the Dapper Men, Robotika, Saga, The Secret History, Some New Kind of Slaughter, Starkweather: Immortal, Syndrome, Titanium Rain, Trial By Fire, Tumor and 10 more new titles in 2010.
For more information on Archaia or any Archaia titles please visit www.Archaia.com. Archaia can also be found on Facebook (facebook.com/archaiacomics) and Twitter (twitter.com/archaiacomics).
Comments Off on Archaia All Access Convention Tour Kicks Off at WonderCon
ARCHAIA KICKS OFF THE â€˜ARCHAIA ALL ACCESS CONVENTION TOUR’ WITH A VISIT TO WONDERCON IN SAN FRANCISCO
LOS ANGELES-BASED PUBLISHER HEADS NORTH TO MINGLE WITH BAY AREA FANS
Los Angeles, CA (April 1, 2010) – Eager to start its 2010 Archaia All Access Convention Tour, Archaia Entertainment announced it is exhibiting at Comic-Con International’s WonderCon, Northern California’s premiere comics and popular arts event, to be held at Moscone Center South in San Francisco April 2-4, 2010.
The publisher will set up shop at Booth #813 where it will offer for sale copies of its latest hardcover offerings, including The Killer Vol. 2, Days Missing Vol. 1, Gunnerkrigg Court Vol. 2 and Robotika Vol. 2: For a Few Rubles More. There will also be many free giveaways and the opportunity to meet with several Archaia creators, including Chandra Free (The God Machine), Patrick McEvoy (Starkweather), Tom Pinchuk (Hybrid Bastards!), Josh Finney and Kat Rocha (Titanium Rain), and a bevy of writers and artists who are working on the upcoming Fraggle Rock comic series, including Heather White, Jeff Stokely, Leigh Dragoon and Adrianne Ambrose.
“This is what we live for! It’s fantastic to be able to come out and meet our fans, reward them with some cool giveaways and tease them with some subtle hints of what exciting projects are coming next from Archaia,” said Archaia Marketing Manager Mel Caylo. “This is the first time at WonderCon for many of our staff, and we’re looking forward to the Comic-Con International group putting on a phenomenal show!”
The Archaia booth will be open on Friday, April 2 from 12-7 p.m.; Saturday, April 3 from 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; and Sunday, April 4 from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. In addition, the publisher will present a panel in Room 236/238 on Sunday, April 4 from 3:30-4:30 p.m. to speak about some exciting new developments, including the announcement of several new titles. In addition to the creators listed above, on hand to speak about their projects will be Michael McMillian (Lucid) and Joshua Hale Fialkov (Tumor), plus there’s always the potential of a surprise “speaker”!
Archaia is always interested in publishing creator-owned comic books in the adventure, fantasy, horror, pulp noir and science fiction genres that contain idiosyncratic and atypical writing and art, so submissions will be accepted at the booth all weekend. If you would like to leave behind a submission, please consult the “Submissions” section on the Archaia website (www.Archaia.com) for criteria.
After WonderCon, the Archaia All Access Convention Tour will make stops at C2E2 (April 16-18 in Chicago, Ill.), The LA Times Festival of Books (April 24-25 in Los Angeles, Calif.), San Diego Comic-Con (July 21-25 in San Diego, Calif.), Baltimore Comic-Con (August 27-28 in Baltimore, Md.), New York Comic Con (Oct. 8-10 in New York, N.Y.) and Long Beach Comic Con (Oct. 29-31 in Long Beach, Calif.).
Archaia has built an unparalleled reputation for producing meaningful material that perpetually transforms minds. With a slate including the popular Eisner Award-winning title Mouse Guard, as well as Gunnerkrigg Court, Roddenberry Productions’ Days Missing, Robotika, Awakening, The Killer, Killing Pickman, Artesia and the Publisher’s latest additions of Titanium Rain; Tumor; The God Machine; The Jim Henson Company library; and Mr. Murder Is Dead and Lucid with Before the Door Pictures, Archaia has become synonymous with quality content.
For more information on Archaia or any Archaia titles please visit www.Archaia.com. Archaia can also be found on Facebook (facebook.com/archaiacomics), MySpace (myspace.com/archaiacomics) and Twitter (twitter.com/archaiacomics).