Adam Hughes, Brian Stelfreeze, Tony Harris, Jason Latour, Cully Hamner, Francesco Francavilla, and many more sign at Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find on Saturday May 4, 2013 for Free Comic Book Day!
Free Comic Book Day 2013 @ Heroes is going to be our biggest and best yet! Come out on May 4th to meet more great comic creators than we have ever had at this fun annual event! Also, it says it right there in the name but in case you missed it, there will be lots of FREE COMICS to choose from too! Check out our awesome guest list and save the date!
- CHRIS BRUNNER – Artist: Loose Ends, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, The Ride
- IAN FLYNN – Writer: Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man
- FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA – Writer/Artist: Black Beetle Artist: Captain America & Black Widow, Detective Comics
- SANFORD GREENE – Artist: Rotten Apple, Deadpool, Wonder Girl, Method Man GN
- CULLY HAMNER – Artist: Red, The Question, Detective Comics, Black Lightning
- JOHN HAIRSTON JR. – Painter
- DUSTIN HARBIN – Writer/Artist: DIARY COMICS, Nutted!, DHARBIN!
- TONY HARRIS – Artist: JSA: Whistling Skull, Ex Machina, Starman, War Heroes
- ADAM HUGHES – Artist: Before Watchmen: Doctor Manhattan, Fairest, Wonder Woman, Catwoman
- JUSTIN JORDAN – Writer: Legend of Luther Strode, Superboy, Deathstroke, Green Lantern: New Guardians
- JASON LATOUR – Writer: Winter Soldier, Loose Ends,Wolverine: Japan’s Most Wanted Artist: B.P.R.D., Django Unchained
- JACKIE LEWIS – Artist: Play Ball
- TRADD MOORE – Artist: Legend of Luther Strode, Legends of the Dark Knight
- ERAKLIS PETMEZAS – Writer/Artist: Last Cigarette
- JAY POTTS – Writer/Artist: World of Hurt
- RIDDLE – Cosplayer
- BUDD ROOT – Writer/Artist: Cavewoman
- ANDY SMITH – Artist: The First, Weapon X, Green Lantern, WWE Heroes, Flex and Tone
- BRIAN STELFREEZE – Artist: Domino, Matador, Batman: Shadow of the Bat
NOTE that free sketches are at the discretion of the artists, and are not guaranteed. So, mark that date on your calendar folks! Get here early on Saturday, May 4th at Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find will be a great time and you won’t want to miss it!
Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find
1957 E. 7th Street, Charlotte, NC 28204
Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find starts the New Year right! We are proud to announce that the Charlotte Minicon will be Saturday, January 22, 2011 from 11 am to 5 pm. The show will be at the Palmer Building at Fireman’s Hall which is just half a mile from our store. We love having our Minicon at this cozy location and it is well worth the $3 admission price just to come and check out this cool, old building. If you are not familiar with the location, fear not, we will put up signs along 7th St. to help direct you to the event!
Our awesome guest list includes Rich Barrett (Nathan Sorry), Chris Brunner (Boondock Saints, Loose Ends), J. Chris Campbell (Zig Zag), Sanford Greene (1000), Dustin Harbin (Diary Comics #1), Jason Latour (Noche Roja, Scalped, Wolverine), Budd Root (Cavewoman), Bridgit Scheide (Kindle), Andy Smith (X-Men Forever 2) and Chrissie Zullo (Fables #100).
We are also pleased to announce our very special guest Chris Stevens! Stevens popped up on the radar doing illustrations for RPG’s and working with UDON Entertainment on numerous projects. He then made a splash in the world of sequential art with a pair of short stories that appeared in Image’s Popgun 2 and 3 anthology volumes. The shorts evolved into the new series, Skullkickers from Image. Stevens is the cover artist for the series and issue #1 has gone to a 3rd printing (that’s a lot of covers)! Stevens was a very popular guest at HeroesCon 2010, creating this gorgeous Captain America for our annual Art Auction. His work so impressed Adam Hughes that he had to go home with the piece! Special thanks go out to the one and only Patrick Sun for capturing an image of Cap before Hughes snatched it up. Please give Stevens a warm Charlotte welcome when you stop by his table!
In addition to our special guests there will be a room full of dealers from all over the Southeast selling their comic wares. Come by to dig for comics both new and old as well as other comic related items like toys! As a special bonus treat the Charlotte Minicon will feature pony rides (weather permitting)! All you have to do is donate at least $3 to the Latta Plantation Equestrian Center. Funds raised will go to erect a covered area at the center. I can’t think of another convention that can boast that they have pony rides!
We hope to see you Saturday, January 22, 2011 at this incredibly fun, family-friendly event!
January 22, 2011
11 am to 5 pm
Admission is just $3!
Palmer Building at Fireman’s Hall
2601 E 7th St, Charlotte, NC 28204