Ltd. Art Gallery hosts their second annual STAR WARS art show, once again paying homage to the much beloved universe and characters that George Lucas built.
Over 40 artists will be displaying their own unique interpretation of these classic films, drawing upon the characters and themes that have inspired them since childhood.
Featuring Lucasfilm Fine Art from Acme Archives; and collectible statues, toys, and replicas from Gentle Giant Studios, eFX Collectibles, and Sideshow Collectibles.
We will also be debuting a brand new print from acclaimed STAR WARS artist, Steve Thomas.
Additional Art From: Barry Blankenship, Craig Drake, Michael Fleming, Kim Gordon, Blunt Graffix, Eric Kirchmer, Aaron Jasinksi, MIKEATRON!, Augie Pagan, Devi Pellerin, Brian Rood, Wade Schin, Clarke Snyder, Cat Staggs, Suckadelic, Jayson Weidel, Andrew Wilson, and Wednesday Wolf.
Opening Night SPECIAL EVENTS:
- Costumed Characters courtesy of the 501st Legion
- A themed set from DJ Hojo.
- and our own special “Mos Eisley Cantina” with complimentary drinks
WE WILL ALSO BE GIVING AWAY A NINTENDO 3DS to one lucky attendee, donated by Nintendo America.
Ltd. Art Gallery
307 E Pike St, Seattle, WA 98122
Las Vegas Comic Expo, previously announced to be held at the Alexis Park All Suite Resort, will be relocating to a new venue, the Riviera Hotel and Casino, directly located on the Las Vegas Strip!!!
Due to the flash floods from the recent rain storms, the original hotel and halls located at the Alexis Park Resort were damaged beyond immediate repair to house Las Vegas Comic Expo. Drywall, carpet and a lack of power proved too much to repair in such a short window, thus making the shift to the Riviera necessary.
We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused any of our guests, vendors and attendees. But oddly enough this unfortunate circumstance actually has led to an expansion for the show with a larger convention hall and plenty of space for attendees to browse and shop. The new location at the Riviera will be able to showcase and accommodate the entire guest list of over 50 of the top names in comics and entertainment all united with the exhibitors and artist alley in one grand exhibit hall. The gaming, panels and programs will be conveniently located adjacent to the main hall as well.
The dates of the convention hours remain the same for Las Vegas Comic Expo: Saturday, September 29 (10AM to 7PM) and Sunday, September 30 (10AM to 5PM).
All tickets previously issued will be honored and redirected to Las Vegas Comic Expo at the Riviera. Tickets are still available for sale in advance as well as at the door on the days of the event.
Located on the Las Vegas Strip, The Riviera Hotel and Casino is just a quick cab or shuttle ride from McCarran International Airport (LAS) and only minutes away from downtown Las Vegas and the Fremont Street Experience.
The hotel offers guests amenities of many dining options including a buffet, food court and steakhouse as well as the Oasis Pool, a barber shop, beauty salon, tattoo parlor (What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas), gaming casino and other forms of entertainment and conveniences. The hotel has ample free public parking, and is also a short walk to the public monorail system.
The Riviera is located at 2901 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109.
For more information about Las Vegas Comic Expo, including latest updates, please visit us at:
RIVIERA HOTEL AND CASINO INFORMATION:
We are making arrangements with the Riviera Casino and Hotel to offer our guests of Las Vegas Comic Expo similar room rates as we had offered to our guests at the Alexis Park All Suite Resort.
We will have updated information to reserve hotel rooms within the next day.
Once we have that information, we will send it out to everyone.
FOR THOSE BOOKED THROUGH THE ALEXIS PARK ALL SUITE RESORT:
If you used the “Las Vegas Comic Expo” promotional rate, you have two options.
You can maintain your reservation at the Alexis Park Resort.
The Alexis Park All Suite Resort will run a 14 seat shuttle service, complimentary to and from the Riviera Casino and Hotel, taking our guests door to door. The shuttle service will run on Saturday and Sunday from the Alexis Park every 2 hours at 8:00am, 10:00am, 12:00pm noon, 2:00pm, 4:00pm, 6:00pm, and 8:00pm.
They will also continue to have complimentary shuttle service for their guests between the airport and the Alexis Park All Suite Resort.
You can cancel your room at the Alexis Park All Suite Resort and opt to make a reservation at The Riviera Hotel and Casino. The deadline to cancel at The Alexis Park Resorts without penalty is 48 hours prior to the date of your reservation.
For those who made reservations at Alexis Park outside of the Las Vegas Comic Expo promotions, you will need to discuss with Alexis Park about your options.
THE CONFIRMED 100 OFFER:
If you took advantage of the “Confirmed 100 Offer”, your free admission to Las Vegas Comic Expo, as part of our free pass promotion will still of course be honored as long as the following applies:
If you keep your Alexis Park reservation, you will still receive the free admission pass(es).
If you transfer your reservation to the Riviera Hotel and Casino, you will still receive the free admission pass(es).
We will cross check all reservations made with Alexis Park and the Riviera.
With the current situation, the easiest way to claim your free admission is to bring a government issued photo ID (driver’s license, passport, etc…) to the Will Call area during the pre-registration or show times.
The largest gathering of Star Wars fans, Star Wars Celebration VI, is about to take place again in Orlando, Florida August 23rd through the 26th and Ashley Eckstein announced today that she and her fangirl apparel company, Her Universe™, will be there in a big way with a special event, a panel and exclusive merchandise.
• After receiving hundreds of requests from female fans all over the country to be a Her Universe model, Eckstein (the voice of Ahsoka Tano on Star Wars: The Clone Wars) is offering a free Her Universe photo shoot on Saturday, the 25th from 10am till 7pm in room W305A. Girls are encouraged to come dressed in their favorite Her Universe top or hoodie to be photographed by professional photographer Preston Mack (www.pmack.com). Her Universe shirts will be provided just for the photo shoot if girls do not have one on that day. A sign-up sheet will be posted outside of room W305A that morning for those wishing to reserve a time slot and it will be first come, first served. The completed photos will be posted to a special photo board following the event on Facebook so girls can tag, share and download their photos. “Her Universe is a brand for the fans, and when the fans overwhelmingly tell me what they want, I do my best to make it happen,” said Ashley Eckstein. “It’s important to me that I am not the only Her Universe model because fangirls come in all ages, shapes and sizes and I want to represent the entire fangirl community by using real fans as my models. I am also so excited to have Preston Mack! He is such an accomplished photographer and I am honored that he will be sharing his time and talents with us!”
• In addition, Eckstein will be hosting a very special panel with author Carrie Goldman based on her new book, Bullied – What Every Parent, Teacher, and Kid Needs to Know About Ending the Cycle of Fear. Carrie is the mother of Katie Goldman, the little girl who was bullied for carrying a Star Wars water bottle to school. Carrie has spent the past year and a half researching and writing about this topic and Ashley encourages fans to come and join the conversation. The panel will take place on Thursday, the 23rd from 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM in room W311 ABCD.
• Celebration would not be complete without exclusive Star Wars merchandise and Eckstein divulged that Her Universe will have two exclusives that fans have been asking for at the Her Universe booth #915. One of the most popular characters from the Star Wars expanded universe, Mara Jade, will be featured on a stunning new V-neck shirt with original art by renowned artist, Cat Staggs. Only 300 of these shirts will be available at CVI. “This is a shirt I was very excited to do,” said Cat Staggs. “I love Mara and wanted to depict her as both beautiful and powerful. She, like Leia, is such a fantastic character that while charming your socks off she can also take you down… I hope fans enjoy the shirt just as much as I did creating it.” Second, to accent the Mara Jade V-neck shirt, fans will have one more chance to pick up the exclusive R2-D2 3D Sterling Silver plated charm to add to the existing Star Wars by Her Universe charm bracelet. Standing 3/4” in height, there will be only 300 of these adorable little droid charms available at the convention. However, Eckstein recognizes that not all fans have the opportunity to join the fun and travel to Celebration VI, so she is making available a limited number (50 of each) of the two exclusive CVI items on www.heruniverse.com. The exclusives will be available starting at 10 AM EST on August 23rd. First come, first served. In addition to these exclusives, fans can buy Her Universe merchandise at booth #915 for female fans of all ages, including babies and plus sizes. Ashley will also debut two new tank top designs where fangirls can show their allegiance to the Republic or make a statement that they prefer the dark side.
About Star Wars Celebration
The biggest party this side of the galaxy, Star Wars Celebration VI brings fans of all ages together, from all points of the globe, to celebrate the pop-culture phenomenon that is Star Wars. Both hardcore and casual fans will gather to have fun while celebrating their passion for all things Star Wars, discovering what’s new, and being the first to see what’s next. It’s four fun-filled days of exhibits, a vibrant, interactive show floor, screenings, exclusive merchandise, celebrity guests, panels, autograph sessions, fan-inspired activities, and other surprises. The event runs from August 23rd to August 26th at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL. More info visit www.starwarscelebration.com.
About Her Universe
Her Universe was launched in 2009 by actress and entrepreneur Ashley Eckstein, and her partner, The Araca Group, known as one of the most innovative theatrical production and merchandise companies in the world. Her Universe was created to directly address the expanding market of female fans by entering into its first agreement with Lucas Licensing to develop and produce a line of female-centered Star Wars apparel and accessories. The success of that line was followed up with a collection for the Syfy network including such shows as Battlestar Galactica and with BBC America for its Doctor Who franchise and with CBS Consumer Products for Star Trek. You can learn more about Her Universe and purchase the current line of fangirl apparel and accessories by going to www.heruniverse.com and by following Eckstein on Twitter and visiting the Her Universe Facebook page.
About Photographer Preston Mack
Preston Mack is a professional photographer based in Orlando, FL. He shoots for advertising agencies such as Yellow Shoes Creative, The Meyocks Group, GSD&M, Carol H Williams Agency, PUSH and Fry Hammond Barr. His corporate clients include MLB Advanced Media, ECCO Shoes, Southwest Airlines, Kraft, Hy-Vee and Walt Disney World. For more info visit www.pmack.com/Facebook/Twitter: @photopreston
Dallas ComiCon Kicks Up Great Guest List–Michael Golden Added!
First Appearance in Texas in over 20 years!
Dallas, Tx– Everything IS bigger in Texas!…Or so they say, and considering the line-up at this month’s Dallas ComiCon, we sure can’t deny that old adage–especially since artist/creator Michael Golden is heading to the Lone Star state for his first appearance there in OVER 20 years.
Scheduled for January 30-31 at the Richardson Civic Center, The Dallas ComiCon is fast becoming a true destination for fans of comics, movies, media and more!
“I am also very happy to be returning to my home state and bringing Michael with me,” says Renee Witterstaetter of Eva Ink Publishing. “We’re looking forward to showing some new items at the event and meeting some new fans and friends. I should even have a preview copy of Michael’s new sketchbook, ‘MORE Heroes and Villains.’ ”
With recent work on “Spiderman,” “Hulk,” and new pieces coming for “Planet of the Apes,” “Mouse Templar,” and much more, Michael has long been known for his storytelling work on “Spartan X,” “Bucky O’Hare,” “The ‘Nam,” “Micronauts,” “G.I. Joe,” “Doctor Strange,” “Star Wars,”….the list goes on and on! In fact, be looking for announcements about his upcoming storytelling class in the near future–in a city near you.
“I’m designing this course to be relevant for writers, artists or anyone interested in crafting an effective tale,” says Golden about the upcoming workshop.
To mark his return to Texas in the meantime, Golden will be available both days of the show to sign, and do limited sketching during convention hours. He’ll also be debuting three new art prints added to his portfolio just in time for DCC, as well as showcasing two art books “Excess: The Art of Michael Golden,” from Vanguard Productions and “Michael Goldens: Heroes and Villains” sketchbook from Eva Ink Publishing.
Joining Golden at the Dallas ComiCon are talented artists and media guests including: Tim Sale, Adam Hughes, Mark Brooks, Peter Mayhew, Sean Patrick Flanery, Daniel Cudmore, Adam West, Todd Nauck, Pat Broderick, Terry Moore, Jim Mahfood, Mike Huddleston, Tom Feister, Matt Sturges, Brian Denham, John Lucas, Bill Williams, Jaime Mendoza, Tone Rodriquez, Josh Howard, James O’Barr, Cat Staggs, Kerry Gammill, Kez Wilson, Joe Eisma, Brent Peeples, Renee Witterstaetter, Brad W. Foster, Allison Sohn, Dirk Strangely, and many more!
So, be sure to check out Artist Alley, then buy and sell your collectibles in the show’s huge exhibitor room loaded with more than 100 tables of comics, posters, cards, movies, t-shirts, and more!
The Richardson Civic Center is located at 411 W. Arapaho Rd. Show hours are Saturday 11-6 and Sunday 12-4.
For more information on the Dallas ComiCon, go to: http://www.scifiexpo.com/DCC/Home.html
For more information on Michael Golden and his work, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org