Creator/actor David Henrie and series writer Caleb Monroe (PLANET OF THE APES, STEED & MRS. PEEL, PEANUTS) appear at Collector’s Paradise Wednesday, September 3rd from 6:00 – 8:00 pm to premiere CLOAKS #1 from Boom! Studios!
In the Big Apple, a highly skilled street illusionist named Adam blows the minds of crowds with logic-defying acts, while surreptitiously using his artistry to steal from corrupt Wall Street investment bankers and re-distribute their ill-begotten wealth to those in need. He’s a modern-day Robin Hood, but his travails garner the attention of the local authorities. While evading their pursuit, Adam is confronted by three suits and quickly ascertains that freedom has a cost—in order to maintain his liberty, he must join this clandestine Black Ops organization simply known as CLOAKS.
319 S. Arroyo Parkway #4, Pasadena, CA 91105
BOOM! STUDIOS TAKES OVER THE EMERALD CITY COMICON SKYBRIDGE
March 19, 2014 – Los Angeles, CA – Award-winning comic book publisher BOOM! Studios and its imprints, KaBOOM!, BOOM! Box, and Archaia, announced today it will return to exhibit at Emerald City Comicon (ECCC) 2014, held at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Washington, on the weekend of March 28-30, 2014.
BOOM! will have its biggest booth ever at any convention it has exhibited at in a whopping 20 feet x 70 feet space, centrally located in the show on The Skybridge, Booth #1002. An army of BOOM! writers and artists will be appearing either at its booth or in ECCC’s Guest Area. A signing schedule handout will be available at the booth for fans’ convenience. Scheduled to appear are:
- Max Bemis (EVIL EMPIRE, POLARITY) – This ticketed signing will be held at the Guest Area. Tickets will be available at the BOOM! booth.
- David Petersen (MOUSE GUARD)
- Kevin J. Anderson (CLOCKWORK ANGELS)
- Mike Kunkel (HEROBEAR AND THE KID)
- Claudio Sanchez and Chondra Echert (TRANSLUCID, AMORY WARS)
- Paul Jenkins (FAIRY QUEST, DEATHMATCH, REVELATIONS)
- Ryan North, Shelli Paroline, and Braden Lamb (ADVENTURE TIME, THE MIDAS FLESH)
- Noelle Stevenson (LUMBERJANES, ADVENTURE TIME)
- Royden Lepp (RUST)
- Kate Leth (ADVENTURE TIME OGN v3: SEEING RED, BRAVEST WARRIORS ANNUAL 2014)
- Brian Joines (IMAGINE AGENTS)
- Caleb Monroe (STEED AND MRS. PEEL, PEANUTS)
- Ed Brisson (SONS OF ANARCHY, ROBOCOP: BETA)
- Paul Tobin and Colleen Coover (ADVENTURE TIME: THE FLIP SIDE)
- Grace Ellis (LUMBERJANES)
- Michael Moreci, Riley Rossmo, Tim Daniel, and Colin Lorimer (CURSE)
- Mark Miller and Ben Meares (CLIVE BARKER’S NEXT TESTAMENT, HELLRAISER)
- Megan Hutchison and Tom Hammock (AN AURORA GRIMEON STORY: WILL O’ THE WISP)
- Michael Alan Nelson (DAY MEN, 28 DAYS LATER, PROTOCOL: ORPHANS)
There will also be a few surprise guests throughout the show.
In addition, the BOOM! Studios booth will host sketch artists all weekend, including:
- Allison Strejlau (REGULAR SHOW, ADVENTURE TIME)
- Brooke Allen (LUMBERJANES)
- Ian McGinty (ADVENTURE TIME: CANDY CAPERS)
- MAD Rupert (REGULAR SHOW: SKIPS)
- Missy Pena (BRAVEST WARRIORS).
- Travis Hill (ADVENTURE TIME)
For $20, fans can request and purchase custom sketches to be drawn on blank ADVENTURE TIME Get-A-Sketch covers.
Joining us on The Skybridge occupying in-line booths on either side of the BOOM! booth are Archaia artists David Marquez (THE JOYNERS IN 3D, Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man) and Royden Lepp (RUST), plus BOOM! Studios business partners Mighty Fine and TopatoCo.
BOOM! will have a wide selection of variants available for purchase at its booth (while supplies last), including:
- ADVENTURE TIME #25, cover by Ian McGinty ($10, limited to 500 copies)
- ADVENTURE TIME VOL. 3 MATHEMATICAL Edition Hardcover, cover by E.K. Weaver ($50, limited to 500 copies)
- CLOCKWORK ANGELS #1, cover by Brett Weldele ($10, limited to 500 copies)
- CURSE #1, cover by Colin Lorimer ($10, limited to 500 copies)
- DAY MEN #3, cover by Robbi Rodriguez ($10, limited to 500 copies)
- DEAD LETTERS #1, cover by Ibrahim Moustafa ($10, limited to 500 copies)
- EVIL EMPIRE #1, cover by Tyler Crook ($10, limited to 500 copies)
- HEROBEAR AND THE KID: SAVING TIME #1, cover by Mike Kunkel ($10, limited to 500 copies)
- LUMBERJANES #1, cover by Kate Leth ($10, limited to 500 copies)
- THE MIDAS FLESH #1, cover by Chip Zdarsky ($10, limited to 500 copies)
- REGULAR SHOW: SKIPS #1, cover by Matthew Waite ($10, limited to 250 copies)
- SONS OF ANARCHY #7, cover by Darick Robertson ($10, limited to 500 copies)
The ADVENTURE TIME VOL. 3 ENCHIRIDION EDITION ($75, limited to 500 copies), a leather-bound version sold exclusively at the BOOM! booth at conventions, will debut at Emerald City Comicon and is available during the 2014 convention season while supplies last.
There will also be exciting new merchandise available for purchase, such as an EVIL EMPIRE T-Shirt, a LUMBERJANES tote bag, and a TRANSLUCID print.
For more information on Emerald City Comicon, visit their website at www.emeraldcitycomicon.com.
ABOUT BOOM! STUDIOS
Founded by Ross Richie in 2005, Diamond Gem Award-winning “Best Publisher” BOOM! Studios (boom-studios.com) generates a constellation of best-selling Eisner and Harvey Award-winning original and licensed comic books and graphic novels with the industry’s top talent. BOOM! Studios is the home of Mike Carey’s SUICIDE RISK, Clive Barker’s NEXT TESTAMENT and HELLRAISER, Paul Jenkins and Humberto Ramos’ FAIRY QUEST, PLANET OF THE APES, Max Bemis’ POLARITY and Mark Waid’s IRREDEEMABLE. Steven Grant’s graphic novel 2 GUNS was recently released as a feature film from Universal Pictures, starring Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg. BOOM!’s all-ages imprint KaBOOM! publishes Charles Schulz’ PEANUTS, Jim Davis’ GARFIELD, Cartoon Network’s ADVENTURE TIME and REGULAR SHOW, Mike Kunkel’s HEROBEAR AND THE KID, and Roger Langridge’s Eisner Award-winning SNARKED. In June 2013, BOOM! acquired Archaia Entertainment (archaia.com). Archaia is the Eisner and Harvey Award-winning graphic novel publisher of MOUSE GUARD, COW BOY, GUNNERKRIGG COURT, RUST, SPERA, JIM HENSON’S TALE OF SAND, and many other great titles. In October 2013, BOOM! Studios entered into a unique first-look relationship with 20th Century Fox, giving the studio access to its library of titles and giving the publisher access to Fox’s vast catalog of films.