Comments Off on Nikita, Green Lantern: The Animated Series, and Mad Set to Appear at NYCC 2011
Nikita, Green Lantern: The Animated Series And Mad Set To Appear At New York Comic Con 2011
Nikita Panel Featuring Maggie Q and World Premiere Screening of Green Lantern: The Animated Series Scheduled For Saturday, October 15
Burbank, CA | September 29, 2011
Start spreadin’ the news! Stars and producers of Nikita, Green Lantern: The Animated Series and MAD will all be a part of New York Comic Con 2011, as Warner Bros. Television and Warner Bros. Animation bring iconic stars and genre properties back to The Big Apple on Saturday, October 15 and Sunday, October 16.
- Nikita (Fridays 8/7c The CW) stars Maggie Q, Shane West and Lyndsy Fonseca, and producer Albert Kim will headline the show’s panel, screen a special highlight reel, discuss upcoming episodes from the show’s second season and answer questions from fans.
- After unveiling exclusive new footage at NYCC 2010, Warner Bros. Animation and executive producer Bruce Timm will present the world-premiere screening of the complete first episode of Green Lantern: The Animated Series (coming soon to Cartoon Network) during the show’s panel session.
- The team behind Warner Bros. Animation’s hit MAD animated television series (Mondays 8:45/7:45c Cartoon Network) and DC Comics’ MAD Magazine will explore the world of MAD and wisecrack their way through a Q&A with fans.
- For continuing information about the Studio’s plans at New York Comic Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom and use the #WBNYCC hashtag.
Here is the complete WBTV and WBA New York Comic Con schedule:
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15
- 10:30–11:30 a.m. Green Lantern: The Animated Series World Premiere Screening and Conversation with Bruce Timm — World-renowned producer, artist, animator and Comic Con favorite Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series) will be on hand to unveil Green Lantern: The Animated Series, his latest television project from Warner Bros. Animation, coming soon to Cartoon Network. New York Comic Con attendees will be treated to the world premiere screening of this all-new CG action-adventure animated series, and will take part in a moderated Q&A with an animation icon. Room 1A10
- 1:30–2:00 p.m. Green Lantern: The Animated Series Signing at the DC Comics booth #1254
- 2:45–3:45 p.m. Nikita Special Video Presentation and Q&A — Nikita returns to NYCC with series stars Maggie Q (Mission: Impossible 3), Shane West (ER) and Lyndsy Fonseca (Kick-Ass) joining producer Albert Kim to reveal classified video and information. The second season finds Nikita and Michael on the run with a black box containing the government’s darkest secrets. Leading the hunt for them is Alex … and she knows all of Nikita’s tricks. From Wonderland Sound and Vision in association with Warner Bros. Television, Nikita airs Fridays at 8/7c on The CW. Become a fan of the show on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/nikita and follow The CW on Twitter @CW_network. IGN Theater
- 5:30–6:00 p.m. Nikita Signing at the DC Comics booth #1254
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 16
- 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. MAD Signing at the DC Comics booth #1254
- 12:15–1:15 p.m. MAD Special Video Presentation and Q&A — MAD is more than just the best-selling humor magazine in the nation — it’s also the inspiration for the hit animated series from Warner Bros. Animation, now in its second season on Cartoon Network. Find out what’s happening with the Usual Gang of Idiots in this panel featuring MAD Magazine editor John Ficarra, art director Sam Viviano and MAD series producer Kevin Shinick. MAD airs Mondays at 8:45/7:45c on Cartoon Network. Room 1A24
SOCIAL MEDIA CONTACTS
The CW @CW_network — twitter.com/CW_network
Craig Silverstein @sesfonstein — twitter.com/sesfonstein
Albert Kim @MagicBranch — twitter.com/MagicBranch
Maggie Q @MaggieQ — twitter.com/MaggieQ
Shane West @shanewest_1 — twitter.com/shanewest_1
Lyndsy Fonseca @LyndsyMFonseca — twitter.com/LyndsyMFonseca
Melinda Clarke @therealmsclarke — twitter.com/therealmsclarke
Comments Off on WB TV Announces SDCC 2011 Schedule
29 DAYS, 23 HOURS, 15 MINUTES AND COUNTING…WARNER BROS. TELEVISION GROUP ANNOUNCES SCHEDULE FOR COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO
Stars and Producers of “The Big Bang Theory,” “Chuck,” “Fringe,” “Nikita,” “Supernatural,” “The Vampire Diaries,” “Alcatraz,” “Person of Interest,” “The Secret Circle,” “Childrens Hospital,” “Green Lantern: The Animated Series,” “The Looney Tunes Show,” “MAD,” “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated,” “ThunderCats” and “Young Justice” To Appear
Warner Bros. Entertainment’s Nearly 3,000-Square-Foot Booth to Host Signings, Special Events, Digitally Driven Fan Giveaways and More
BURBANK, Calif. (June 21, 2011, 10:45 AM PT: 29 days, 23 hours, 15 minutes until #WBSDCC) — The clock is ticking, and Comic-Con is right around the corner! By bringing 16 series to Comic-Con International: San Diego, Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) further strengthens its presence at the world’s leading pop culture convention — and will deliver a one-of-a-kind experience for fans in the process. The anticipation is building as a star-studded lineup of performers and producers from Warner Bros. Television and Warner Bros. Animation series prepare for a robust schedule of panel sessions, screenings, media appearances and autograph signings.
- For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter@TheWBdotcom, hashtag #WBSDCC, and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon
- For a complete social media contact list, including official Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for WBTVG series, talent and producers, download the social media contacts page here:www.thewb.com/comiccon/2011WBSDCCSocialMedia
PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change.
- “The Big Bang Theory”: Stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch join creators/executive producers Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady, and executive producer Steven Molaro
- “Chuck”: Stars Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Joshua Gomez, Ryan McPartlin, Mark Christopher Lawrence, Vik Sahay, Scott Krinsky with Sarah Lancaster and Adam Baldwin join co-creator/executive producer Chris Fedak for a panel to discuss the fan-favorite spy series’ final season
- “Fringe”: Stars Anna Torv, Lance Reddick, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole and John Noble join executive producers Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman
- “Nikita”: Stars Maggie Q, Shane West and Lyndsy Fonseca join executive producer Craig Silverstein
- “Supernatural”: Series stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles will topline the panel, held this year for the first time ever in Hall H. Additional cast members and executive producers to be announced.
- “The Vampire Diaries”: Stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Candice Accola and Joseph Morgan join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec
- “Childrens Hospital”: Star/executive producer Rob Corddry and executive producers Jonathan Stern join stars Malin Akerman, Lake Bell, Erinn Hayes, Rob Huebel and Megan Mullally
- “Alcatraz”: Stars Sarah Jones and Jorge Garcia join executive producer Elizabeth Sarnoff
- “Person of Interest”: Stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson and Taraji P. Henson join executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman
- “The Secret Circle”: Stars Britt Robertson, Thomas Dekker, Phoebe Tonkin and Natasha Henstridge join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson, Andrew Miller and Richard Hatem
WARNER BROS. ANIMATION
- “Green Lantern: The Animated Series”: Executive producer Bruce Timm will join producer Giancarlo Volpe and producer/story editor Jim Krieg for a panel moderated by executive producer/Warner Bros. Animation’s Sam Register
- “The Looney Tunes Show”: Supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone, story editor Hugh Davidson and writer Rachel Ramras
- “MAD”: “MAD” television show producers Kevin Shinick and Mark Marek, along with MADmagazine editor John Ficarra, art director Sam Viviano and “Spy vs. Spy” artist Peter Kuper
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: Supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone and producer Mitch Watson
- “ThunderCats”: Producers Michael Jelenic and Ethan Spaulding, and art director Dan Norton
- “Young Justice”: Producers Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman, and lead character designer Phil Bourassa
Download additional panel details, including the complete schedule with times and locations, here:www.thewb.com/comiccon/2011WBSDCCPanels
And it wouldn’t be Comic-Con without a visit to the Warner Bros. booth. The Studio will once again have a can’t-miss, nearly 3,000-square-foot destination on the convention floor, at space #4545. Anchored by the iconic Warner Bros. Water Tower, the booth is a must-visit location for autograph signings, multiple interactive kiosks for fans to play video games from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, and much, much more. Stay tuned to @TheWBdotcom on Twitter orwww.thewb.com/comiccon in the coming weeks for more details about activities at the booth.
SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK PILOT SCREENINGS
WEDNESDAY, JULY 20 • 6–9 PM • BALLROOM 20
WBTVG continues its Comic-Con tradition of hosting a special sneak peek premiere event on preview night. This year, the Studio is offering fans the opportunity to see some of the most anticipated new premieres of the year.
- “Alcatraz”: Executive producers J.J. Abrams and Elizabeth Sarnoff deliver a chilling new midseason drama for FOX revolving around America’s most infamous prison, the one-time home to the nation’s worst murderers, rapists, kidnappers, thieves and arsonists.
- “The Secret Circle”: The ordinary becomes extraordinary in this romantic drama about a coven of young witches, from “The Vampire Diaries” executive producer Kevin Williamson, based upon the book series by L.J. Smith (“The Vampire Diaries”).
- “Person of Interest”: From J.J. Abrams and “The Dark Knight” co-writer Jonathan Nolan comes an action-packed hour for CBS about an ex-CIA operative and a mysterious billionaire who team up to stop violent crimes before they happen in New York City.
- “Supernatural: The Anime Series”: The popular series “Supernatural” makes history this summer as the first-ever live-action show to be re-imagined in Japanese anime style. Renowned animation studio Madhouse — working with the full approval of series creator Eric Kripke — produced the anime series, which mirrors the story arc of “Supernatural’s” first two seasons, providing supplemental stories ranging from prequels and spin-offs to untold tales that fit within the “Supernatural” mythology.
THE TV SERIES SCHEDULE
FRIDAY, JULY 22
- “MAD”: 10:00–11:00 a.m., Room 25ABC
- “The Big Bang Theory”: 12:30–1:30 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Childrens Hospital”: 1:30–2:20 p.m., Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- “Green Lantern: The Animated Series”: 2:00–3:00 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “ThunderCats”: 3:30–4:30 p.m., Room 6A
SATURDAY, JULY 23
- “Chuck”: 10:00–10:45 a.m., Ballroom 20
- “The Vampire Diaries”: 3:30–4:15 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Fringe”: 4:15–5:00 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Alcatraz”: 5:00–6:00 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “The Secret Circle”: 5:10–6:00 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “Nikita”: 6:00–6:45 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “Person of Interest”: 6:45–7:30 p.m., Room 6BCF
SUNDAY, JULY 24
- “Young Justice”: 10:00–11:00 a.m., Room 7AB
- “Supernatural”: 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m., Hall H
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: 1:00–2:00 p.m., Room 6A
- “The Looney Tunes Show”: 2:15–3:15 p.m., Room 6A
March 4th-6th marked the first time ever in it’s 9 year history that Emerald City Comic Con kicked off on a Friday. Although it was my first time at this show, I’ve been told wonderful things, about the myriad of artists that flooded artist alley, the mobs of fans trying to meet creators, and how this show was truly a “comic centric” type of con, and not bombarded with Hollywood studios. I am happy to report that all of those things were true. With one of the biggest artist alley’s I’ve seen, along with truly knowledgeable fans who lined up for commissions and autographs, Emerald City Comic Con is one of the best shows I’ve attended. It also doesn’t hurt that Seattle had gorgeous weather that weekend, and had plenty of great restaurants within walking distance to the convention center. Here’s a few photos from the show:
Comments Off on CA – All-Star Superman Premiere
Bruce Timm, James Denton, Sam Liu, Dwayne McDuffie, Andrea Romano and more appear at the Paley Center on Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 7:00 pm.
James Denton, Voice of Superman
Bruce Timm, Executive Producer
Sam Liu, Director
Dwayne McDuffie, Writer
Andrea Romano, Dialogue/Casting Director
Warner Home Video and The Paley Center for Media present the west coast premiere of All-Star Superman, the highly anticipated tenth entry in the popular series of DC Universe Animated Original Movies, produced by Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment, and Warner Bros. Animation. Grant Morrison’s Eisner Award–winning vision of Superman’s heroic final days on Earth is brought to exquisite animated life by executive producer Bruce Timm, director Sam Liu, screenwriter Dwayne McDuffie, and a star-studded cast guided by renowned dialogue director Andrea Romano. In the film, Superman rescues an ill-fated mission to the Sun (sabotaged by Lex Luthor) and, in the process, is oversaturated by radiation—which accelerates his cell degeneration. Sensing even he will be unable to cheat death, Superman ventures into new realms—finally revealing his secret to Lois, confronting Lex Luthor’s perspective of humanity, and attempting to ensure Earth’s safety before his own impending end with one final, selfless act. The cast includes James Denton (Desperate Housewives) as Superman, Christina Hendricks (Mad Men) as Lois Lane, and Anthony LaPaglia (Without A Trace) as Lex Luthor, as well as seven-time Emmy Award–winner Ed Asner (Up), Golden Globe–winner Frances Conroy (Six Feet Under), Matthew Gray Gubler (Criminal Minds), and Linda Cardellini (ER).
A limited number of tickets will be available to Paley Center Members starting Wednesday, January 19. Check this link for updates.
Comments Off on Monsters & Dames Returns for Emerald City Comicon 2011
ECCC PR: EMERALD CITY COMICONS’ MONSTERS & DAMES CHARITY ART BOOK RETURNS, BIGGER & BETTER THAN EVER!
Seattle, WA – December 20, 2010 – Debuting again at the upcoming Emerald City Comicon (ECCC) will be the 2011 edition of the shows popular MONSTERS & DAMES art book. The 2011 book not only features an amazing cover by acclaimed illustrator Adam Hughes, but has expanded to a whopping SIXTY (60) pages of brand new illustrations by some of the top illustrators in comics and animation!
Since its inception in 2009, the MONSTERS & DAMES art books and auctions have raised over $10,000.00 for Seattle Children’s Hospital, a premier child health care & pediatric center, recognized as one of the leading hospitals for children. The art book has sold out each year at the convention.
“Helping bring this book to life each year is an incredible experience,” says ECCC Convention Director Jim Demonakos. “Being able to not only create a fun, collectible art book that fans love and at the same time raise a huge amount of money to benefit local children is very rewarding.”
The full-color, 9″x12″, 60-page MONSTERS & DAMES hardcover is limited to 1000 individually numbered copies. The 2011 book features contributions from some of the top creators in the industry, including JG Jones, Geof Darrow, Cully Hamner, Bruce Timm, Humberto Ramos, Guy Davis, Todd Nauck, Frank Cho, Yanick Paquette, Skottie Young, Aaron Lopresti, Cliff Chiang, Mike McKone, Cameron Stewart, Erik Larsen, Chris Giarrusso, Pete Woods, Jonathan Hickman, Sean “Cheeks” Galloway and dozens more! For the complete list of creators involved in this amazing art book, visit http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com/monstersndames.php
The Ninth Annual EMERALD CITY COMICON, newly expanded to three days, will be taking place March 4th-6th, 2011 at the Washington State Convention & Trade Center in beautiful downtown Seattle, WA.
Comments Off on CA – Bela Lugosi’s Tales From the Grave Launch Party
John Cassaday, Bruce Timm, Chris Moreno, Sam Park, Kerry Gammill, Bela Lugosi, Jr., Derke McCaw and more to be announced sign on October 26th at 7 p.m.
4213 West Burbank Boulevard, Burbank, CA 91505-2124
Comments Off on Warner Bros. Showcases Television Stars at NYCC 2010
Stars and Producers from Nikita, V, The Vampire Diaries, Young Justice, MAD, and Green Lantern: The Animated Series to Appear October 8–10 at New York Comic Con 2010.
Selected stars and producers from these programs will be on-hand for panel sessions, media appearances and autograph signings at the East Coast’s biggest and most exciting popular culture convention from Friday, October 8–Sunday, October 10.
• Three generations of V queens — series stars Morena Baccarin and Laura Vandervoort, and guest star Jane Badler (Diana on the original V) — discuss their epic power struggle over the future of humanity in the forthcoming season two
• The Vampire Diaries executive producers Kevin Williamson & Julie Plec join series stars Steven R. McQueen, Sara Canning, Katerina Graham and Zach Roerig for their first New York Comic Con appearance (Note: Attendees are subject to change.)
• Nikita stars Maggie Q., Shane West and Lyndsy Fonseca team up with executive producer Craig Silverstein to give fans a peek a what’s ahead in season one
• Warner Bros. Animation unveils exclusive new footage from the upcoming series Young Justice, and the creative team behind Green Lantern: The Animated Series talks about this new project
• The team behind DC Comics’ MAD Magazine and Warner Bros. Animation’s new MAD animated television series give fans a light-hearted look at the past, present and future of an American institution For continuing information about the Studio’s plans at New York Comic Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom or search for news using the #WBNYCC hashtag.
Here is the complete WBTV and WBA New York Comic Con schedule:
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8
• 3:15–4:15 p.m. Mad About MAD Presentation/Q&A — MAD Magazine has established itself as the original, most imitated and influential satirical publication across generations. Recently, MAD made a triumphant return to TV on Cartoon Network with an all-new animated series from Warner Bros. Animation to corrupt the minds of the next generation! Come join MAD Magazine editor John Ficarra, MAD art director Sam Viviano, legendary MAD artist Mort Drucker and MAD television program producer Mark Marek, plus a few surprise guests for a lighthearted look at the past, present and future of an American institution. Room 1A06-7
• 4:30–5:30 p.m. MAD Signing at the DC Comics booth #2243
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 9
• 2:00–3:00 p.m. Young Justice Signing at the DC Comics booth #2243
• 2:30–3:30 p.m. Green Lantern: The Animated Series Presentation/Q&A — Saturday will be NYCC’s “brightest day” as Warner Bros. Animation proudly unveils this new series coming soon to Cartoon Network and based upon characters from DC Comics. Join series executive producer Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series), producer Giancarlo Volpe (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) and producer/story editor Jim Krieg (Ben 10: Alien Swarm) as these creative forces reveal their plans for one of the most highly anticipated new animated series. Room 1A14
• 3:45–4:45 p.m. Young Justice Video Presentation and Q&A — Join the league! Fans were given their first glimpse of Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Artemis this past July at Comic-Con International: San Diego. But this panel will offer far more than just a glimpse, as producers Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles) answer questions from fans and show footage from this highly anticipated series. A one-hour special event of Young Justice will premiere in November 2010 on Cartoon Network, and the series begins in 2011. Young Justice is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and is based upon characters from DC Comics. Room 1A14
• 4:00–5:00 p.m. Green Lantern: The Animated Series Signing at the DC Comics
• 5:15–6:15 p.m. V Special Video Presentation and Cast/Producer Q&A — In the first season of V, the Visitors arrived. In the second, coming in November to ABC, three generations of V queens — played by Morena Baccarin (Firefly), Laura Vandervoort (Smallville) and guest star Jane Badler (Diana on the original V) — will engage in an epic power struggle over the future of humanity. Join them and a V executive producer for a panel that will feature Q&A as well as footage from the new season. V is produced by HDFilms in association with Warner Bros. Television. Become a fan of the series on Facebook at www.facebook.com/V. IGN Theater/Special Events Hall
• 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. V Signing in Room 1C05
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 10
• 10:30–11:30 a.m. Nikita Video Presentation and Q&A — Looks do kill! International action star Maggie Q (Mission: Impossible III) plays Nikita, the former spy and assassin determined to destroy the secretive and corrupt government agency that trained her. Join Maggie, Shane West (ER), Lyndsy Fonseca (Kick-Ass) and executive producer Craig Silverstein (Bones) as they answer questions and provide a sneak peek at what fans can expect in upcoming episodes. From Wonderland Sound and Vision in association with Warner Bros. Television, Nikita airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on The CW. Become a fan of the show on Facebook at www.facebook.com/nikita. IGN Theater/Special Events Hall
• 1:00–1:45 p.m. Nikita Signing in Room 1C05
• 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. The Vampire Diaries Special Video Presentation and Select Cast/Producer Q&A — The Vampire Diaries sinks its teeth into the Big Apple today — a New York Comic Con first! Join series stars Steven R. McQueen (character name: Jeremy), Sara Canning (Jenna), Katerina Graham (Bonnie) and Zach Roerig (Matt), and executive producers Kevin Williamson & Julie Plec for a discussion of all things Mystic Falls! NOTE: Attendees are subject to change. From Bonanza Productions Inc., Outerbanks Entertainment and Alloy Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios, The Vampire Diaries airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thevampirediaries and follow the show on Twitter at ww.twitter.com/CW_VampDiaries. IGN Theater/Special Events Hall
• 2:00–3:00 p.m. The Vampire Diaries Signing in Room 1C05
Comments Off on Superman/Batman: Apocalypse @ Paley Center!
Last Tuesday, September 21st, was the world premiere of Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, the latest direct to DVD animation motion picture from WB Animation. The movie brings back the vocal talents of fan favorites Kevin Conroy (Batman), Tim Daly (Superman), and Susan Eisenberg (Wonder Woman). Ed Asner reprises his role as Granny Goodness, and also introduces Andre Braugher as Darkseid and Summer Glau as Supergirl.
The movie is based off of Jeph Loeb and Michael Turner’s Supergirl storyline. Reintroducing Supergirl to the DC Universe, the movie succeeds in paying homage to the art style of the late Turner, as well as capturing Kara Zor-El’s integration into the DCU.
The Paley Center hosted the world premiere, followed by a Q and A with some of the cast and crew that attended.
Among the highlights:
Tim Daly joking around about Superman’s sleeker look in the movie:
“One thing that I noticed about Superman in this, first of all he’s eating less carbs. And second of all, did anybody notice, what’s going on with his hair? It’s 2 curls!”
When asked, Lois Lane or Wonder Woman by the audience, Daly responds:
“Oh, Wonder Woman. (smiling at Susan Eisenberg) If you can’t be with the one you love, love the one you’re with.”
Lauren Montgomery, director of Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, was asked why the movie wasn’t titled Supergirl, responds:
“The title of the comic originally was Superman Batman: Supergirl, which… really would assume that the movie would be titled that, but since our wonderful Wonder Woman movie didn’t sell so well, they decided that girl movies don’t sell so we gotta trick everybody into buying it.”
When asked what personal projects they’d love to work on if given the chance:
Bruce Timm, Executive Producer: “I would probably do the Black Hawks.”
Montgomery: “I would probably do Batgirl Year One, or anything with Aquaman.”
When asked what in the movie came out better than expected:
Daly: “I think that I am temperamentally as a person more suited to Batman, because I tend to have sort a darker skewing view of the world, so I was pleasantly surprised by the Superman scenes that were a little more sincere and tender, because I thought they played pretty well. I didn’t squirm and think like ah geez, Superman is being a real sap. I felt like he cared about Supergirl, I like that.”
Rachel Quintance (Artemis/Lyla): “For me, I’m just so happy to be a part of it, my first foray into the DC comic world so watching all of it was just fantastic to me. It’s like, I mean, you all know this so well, and to me it’s like, wow, oh my gosh, this exists. So I thought the whole thing was incredible.”
Tab Murphy (Writer): “I think I responded to the relationship between Superman and Kara Zor El a lot because of the idea of suddenly finding somebody you’re related to and becoming overprotective and then having to let go. I have a 13 year old daughter and going through that same thing so I can totally identify..”
Bruce Timm: What’s her name?
Murphy: Kara! It’s true, it’s true… whoa.
Montgomery: “I’m a pretty big sucker for feel good movies these days so I guess just seeing how it all wrapped up in the ending and Supergirl finally getting her costume and she gets the nod of approvement, she gets the nod from Batman, and you just leave the theater happy. That’s the part I like the most.”
Timm: “I’m actually just really relieved that the opening of the movie worked because the movie, it came up short when we timed the animatic, the storyboard. And so we kinda had to pad it, and part of the stuff we padded was that opening in Gotham City where we’re just kind of panning through Gotham City, oh there’s a cat in the alley… oh look, there’s blimps overhead! So when we got the film back, it was like oh my god, there’s nothing happening, there’s no dialogue, we’re just panning through the city for like 2 minutes! So we added a bunch of radio dialogue, and sound effects and music, and you watch it now, and it’s like, ok, yeah, it kinda works… so WHEW!”
Eisenberg and Andrea Romano (Voice Director) were both fans of the quieter moments, as well as how the fight scenes came about together, particularly when it seemed that most of the recording time was spent doing battle scenes.
The Paley Center did a wonderful job organizing this event, and I’m also looking forward to the next 3 announced feature length animated films: All Star Superman, Green Lantern Emerald Knights, and Batman: Year One!
The Superman/Batman: Apocalypse DVD is out in stores now! Pick it up and let me know what you thought of the movie!
The Paley Center for Media Hosts the Premieres for Superman/Batman: Apocalypse on Sept. 21 in Los Angeles & Sept. 23 in New York;
Limited Free Tickets Available to Fans on First Come, First Served Basis
Presented by Warner Home Video & UGO
Warner Home Video, UGO.com and The Paley Center for Media proudly present the bi-coastal World Premieres of Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, the highly anticipated next entry in the ongoing series of DC Universe Animated Original PG-13 Movies, in Los Angeles on September 21 and New York on September 23. Filmmakers and members of the voice cast will attend both events for red carpet media interviews and post-screening panel discussions.
On Tuesday, September 21, Superman/Batman: Apocalypse will screen at the Paley Center in Los Angeles (465 North Beverly Drive in Beverly Hills) with media interviews starting at 5:30 p.m. and screening commencing at 7:00 p.m. A panel discussion moderated by UGO movie editors will follow the screening featuring executive producer Bruce Timm, director Lauren Montgomery, writer Tab Murphy and dialogue/casting director Andrea Romano. Additional participants, including voice cast members, will be announced as confirmed.
On Thursday, September 23, Superman/Batman: Apocalypse will screen at the Paley Center in New York City (25 West 52nd Street) with media interviews starting at 5:00 p.m. and screening commencing at 6:30 p.m. Following the screening, Kevin Conroy, the fan-favorite voice of Batman, and casting/dialogue director Andrea Romano will lead a panel discussion moderated by UGO movie editors. Additional participants, including voice cast members, will be announced as confirmed.
A limited number of free tickets are available for the general public. Fans wishing to receive free tickets to the Los Angeles event on Sept. 21 must RSVP via email to SupermanBatmanLA@gmail.com. Fans in New York City wishing to receive free tickets to the NY event on Sept. 23 must RSVP via email to SupermanBatmanNY@gmail.com.
Tickets to both events will be distributed on a “first come, first served” basis.
Based on the DC Comics series/graphic novel “Superman/Batman: Supergirl” by Jeph Loeb, Michael Turner & Peter Steigerwald, Superman/Batman: Apocalypse is produced by animation legend Bruce Timm and directed by Lauren Montgomery (Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths) from a script by Academy Award-nominated screenwriter Tab Murphy (Gorillas in the Mist).
In Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, a spaceship splashes down in Gotham City Harbor — leading Batman and Superman to encounter a mysterious Kryptonian with powers as great as those of the Man of Steel. The Kryptonian is soon revealed to be Kara, cousin of Superman, who takes her under his wing to educate her about the ways of Earth. However, the villainous Darkseid has other plans. Seeing an opportunity to finally defeat Superman, Darkseid abducts and gains control of Kara, utilizing the powerful Kryptonian to do his bidding. It’s up to Batman and Superman to save Kara, but they’ll have to take the fight to Darkseid within his hostile world – where unknown, deadly threats lurk around every corner, including a brainwashed Kryptonian able to match Superman blow-for-blow.
Fan favorites Tim Daly (Private Practice) and Kevin Conroy (China Beach) return to their seminal roles as Superman and Batman, respectively. The celebrity-laden guest cast is headed by Andre Braugher (Men of a Certain Age) as the daunting Darkseid. Sci-Fi heroine Summer Glau (Serenity/Firefly, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles) provides the voice of Supergirl, and seven-time Emmy Award winner Ed Asner (Up) reprises his Superman: The Animated Series/Justice League role as Granny Goodness.
Produced by Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, Superman/Batman: Apocalypse will be distributed by Warner Home Video on September 28, 2010.
Emerald City ComiCon announces more guests for 2011 starting off with a pair of media guests from the Fox TV series Fringe, JOHN NOBLE (Dr. Walter Bishop) and JASIKA NICOLE (Astrid Farnsworth). Both actors will be appearing Saturday and Sunday only.
We also have some great animation media guests to announce, including modern animation legend BRUCE TIMM (DC Animated universe), SEAN “Cheeks” GALLOWAY (character designer for The Spectacular Spider-Man) and a trio of Pixar guests, TED MATHOT (Presto), DEREK THOMPSON (Wall-E) and JAMES S. BAKER (Up).
In the area of comic guests, we have another bunch of guests who’ve never been to ECCC, like LARRY HAMA (G.I. Joe), STEVE EPTING (Captain America) and TERRY & RACHEL DODSON (Uncanny X-Men), plus returning favorites like MIKE MIGNOLA (Hellboy), ADAM HUGHES (Wonder Woman), SKOTTIE YOUNG (Wonderful Wizard of Oz), DUSTIN NGUYEN (Batman), DARICK ROBERTSON (The Boys), BEN TEMPLESMITH (Choker) and so many more! View the complete list here…