Warner Bros. Home Entertainment sets bi-coastal premieres of BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, PART 2 at The Paley Center for Media in New York, Los Angeles
Epic Conclusion to Screen on January 23 in NY & January 28 in LA; Media Invited to Red Carpet Interviews & Screenings; Limited Free Tickets Available to Fans on First Come, First Served Basis
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment and The Paley Center for Media proudly present the bi-coastal premieres of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2, the epic conclusion to Frank Miller’s comic masterpiece and the next entry in the popular, ongoing series of DC Universe Animated Original PG-13 Movies. The film will have its World Premiere in New York on January 23, 2013 and its West Coast Premiere in Los Angeles on January 28, 2013. Filmmakers and members of the voice cast will attend both events for red carpet media interviews and post-screening panel discussions.
On Wednesday, January 23, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 will screen at the Paley Center in New York City (25 West 52nd Street) with media interviews starting at 5:15 p.m. and screening commencing at 6:30 p.m. Following the screening, cast and filmmakers – led by eight-time Emmy Award winning dialogue/casting director Andrea Romano – will take part in a panel discussion of the film. Additional panelists will be announced as confirmed.
On Monday, January 28, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 will screen at the Paley Center in Los Angeles (465 North Beverly Drive in Beverly Hills) with media interviews starting at 5:30 p.m. and screening commencing at 7:00 p.m. A panel discussion will follow the screening featuring cast and filmmakers including executive producer Bruce Timm, director Jay Oliva, writer Bob Goodman and dialogue/casting director Andrea Romano. Additional participants will be announced as confirmed.
Media wishing to perform interviews and attend the premieres must RSVP via email to WHVRSVP@gmail.com.
A limited number of free tickets are available for the general public.
Fans wishing to receive free tickets to the New York event on September 20 must RSVP via email to DKReturns2NY@gmail.com.
Fans wishing to receive free tickets to the Los Angeles event on Sept. 24 must RSVP via email to DKReturns2LA@gmail.com.
The body of all fan RSVP emails MUST include the following:
• Name of the entrant
• A valid email address
• The name of the media outlet/website by which the entrant learned of the screening
Tickets to both events will be distributed on a “first come, first served” basis, and fans will be notified via email.
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2: With Gotham City back under his watchful eye, and accompanied by able sidekick Robin, Batman continues to battle crime – but his resurgence awakens a far worse evil at Arkham Asylum: The Joker. In the meantime, Superman has been dispatched by the President to halt Batman’s unsanctioned reign by whatever means necessary. Between the Joker’s diabolical scheme to drag Batman to the darkest levels of insanity, and the Man of Steel’s seemingly invincible physical presence, the Dark Knight must confront adversaries and allies simultaneously while maintaining the peace in Gotham City.
Primetime television stars Michael Emerson (Person of Interest, Lost) and Mark Valley (Human Target, Fringe) join the voice cast of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 as The Joker and Superman, respectively, and popular talk show host Conan O’Brien gives voice to animated talk show host Dave Endochrine. Fanboy favorite Peter Weller (RoboCop, Dexter) continues as Bruce Wayne/Batman, and he is once again accompanied by David Selby (The Social Network, Dark Shadows) as Commissioner Gordon, Ariel Winter (Modern Family) as Carrie/Robin, and Michael McKean (This is Spinal Tap) as Dr. Bartholomew Wolper. Also featured in the voice cast is Maria Canals-Barrrera (Wizards of Waverly Place) as new Commissioner Yindel, Paget Brewster (Criminal Minds) as Lana Lang, and Radio Hall of Fame member Michael Jackson as Alfred.
Produced by Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 will be distributed by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on January 29, 2013.
Paley Center for Media
465 North Beverly Drive, Beverly Hills, CA
BRUCE TIMM COVERS EMERALD CITY COMICON’S MONSTERS & DAMES CHARITY ART BOOK!
Seattle, WA – November 29, 2012 – MONSTERS & DAMES is a highlight for many attendees of the annual Emerald City Comicon, and the 5th installment in the series promises an amazing variety of original illustrations by the guests and artists of the 2013 Emerald City Comicon. This year’s 80-page edition features a cover by award-winning artist and animation icon Bruce Timm.
Since 2009, MONSTERS & DAMES art books and auctions have raised well over $35,000.00 for Seattle Children’s Hospital, a premier child health care & pediatric center, recognized as one of the leading hospitals for children in the nation. The art book has sold out each year at the convention.
“This year we received over 140 submissions for the 2013 edition of MONSTERS & DAMES, and the quality has never been higher,” said ECCC Convention Director Jim Demonakos. “I couldn’t be happier with the results, the book reflects our show’s excellent roster of artists, animators and illustrators.”
The full-color, 9″x12″, 80-page MONSTERS & DAMES hardcover is limited to 1150 individually numbered copies. The 2013 edition features contributions from some of the top names in comics, animation and illustration, including Mark Brooks, Skottie Young, Terry Moore, Joe Linsner, Mike Mignola, Fat Rabbit Farm, Ben Templesmith, Dave Johnson, Michael Golden, Eric Canete, Brett Weldele, Doug Sneyd, Camilla D’Errico, Mark Dos Santos, Drew Johnson, Lar DeSouza, Benjamin Dewey, David Petersen, Robbi Rodriguez, Mitch Gerads, Doc Shaner, Cat Staggs, Marcio Takara, Lars Brown, Paul Guinan, Andy Runton and dozens more! For the complete list of creators involved in this amazing art book, visit http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.
The 11th Annual Emerald City Comicon takes place March 1-3, 2013 at the Washington State Convention Center in beautiful downtown Seattle, WA. For more information, visit http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.
Warner Bros. to Premiere The Batmobile Documentary Plus Screen Footage of The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 at NYCC 2012
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment spotlights first footage of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 and premiere screening of The Batmobile documentary at New York Comic Con
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 and The Batmobile documentary will be the spotlight offerings from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment at New York Comic Con.
Attendees of the Con will be the first to see footage from Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2, the highly anticipated epic animated conclusion to Frank Miller’s landmark story. On Saturday, October 13 from 12:15-1:15 p.m. in the IGN Theater at the Jacob Javitz Center, executive producer Bruce Timm, dialogue/casting director Andrea Romano and special guests will discuss the making of the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie and show some tantalizing clips. Also anticipated during the panel is the announcement of the 2013 slate of DCU animated films. Produced by Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 will arrive from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment in early 2013.
An autograph session with Timm & Romano will follow the panel at 2:00 p.m. in the DC Entertainment booth.
No vehicle has ever captured fans’ imagination like the Batmobile – and New York Comic Con attendees will be the first to see the entire one-hour documentary, “The Batmobile,” at a special premiere screening on Friday, October 12 from 1:30-2:30 p.m. in the IGN Theater.
The film gives a riveting, in-depth examination of the Batmobile – from the impressive history of all of the vehicles to the construction of this iconic character. The documentary features a distinguished array of Batman experts and filmmakers including Adam West; George Barris, designer of the famed 1966 Batmobile; respected producer/author Michael Uslan (“The Boy Who Loved Batman”); Andy Smith, builder of the modern-day Dark Knight ”Tumblers”; Tim Burton, Director of Batman (1989) & Batman Returns; Joel Schumacher, Director of Batman Forever and Batman & Robin; Christian Bale; and Christopher Nolan, Director of The Dark Knight Trilogy. “The Batmobile” documentary is directed by Roko Belic and produced by Tara Tremaine for Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.
Warner Home Video and the Paley Center for Media proudly present the bi-coastal World Premieres of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1, the next entry in the popular, ongoing series of DC Universe Animated Original PG-13 Movies, in New York on September 20 and Los Angeles on September 24. Filmmakers and members of the voice cast will attend both events for red carpet media interviews and post-screening panel discussions.
On Thursday, September 20, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1 will screen at the Paley Center in New York City (25 West 52nd Street) with media interviews starting at 5:00 p.m. and screening commencing at 6:30 p.m. Following the screening, actor David Selby (The Social Network, Dark Shadows), the voice of Commissioner Gordon, and eight-time Emmy Award winning dialogue/casting director Andrea Romano will lead a panel discussion. Additional panelists will be announced as confirmed.
On Monday, September 24, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1 will screen at the Paley Center in Los Angeles (465 North Beverly Drive in Beverly Hills) with media interviews starting at 5:30 p.m. and screening commencing at 7:00 p.m. A panel discussion will follow the screening featuring actors David Selby (The Social Network, Dark Shadows) and Ariel Winter (Modern Family), executive producer Bruce Timm, director Jay Oliva, writer Bob Goodman and dialogue/casting director Andrea Romano. Additional participants, including voice cast members, will be announced as confirmed.
A limited number of free tickets are available for the general public.
Fans wishing to receive free tickets to the New York event on September 20 must RSVP via email to DKReturns1@gmail.com.
Fans wishing to receive free tickets to the Los Angeles event on Sept. 24 must RSVP via email to DKReturns1LA@gmail.com.
All fan RSVPs email MUST include the name of the entrant, a valid email, and the name of the media outlet/website by which the entrant learned of the screening.
Tickets to both events will be distributed on a “first come, first served” basis.
In the bleak and ominous future of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1, it’s been a decade since Bruce Wayne hung up his cape, following most of the other superheroes who had been forced into retirement. Facing the downside of middle age, a restless Bruce Wayne pacifies his frustration with racecars and liquor – but the Bat still beckons as he watches his city fall prey to gangs of barbaric criminals known as The Mutants.
The return of Harvey Dent as Two-Face finally prompts Wayne to once again don the Dark Knight’s cowl, and his dramatic capture of the villain returns him to crime-fighting – simultaneously making him the target of law enforcement and the new hope for a desolate Gotham City. Particularly inspired is a teenage girl named Carrie, who adopts the persona of Robin and ultimately saves Batman from a brutal attack by the Mutant leader. Armed with a new sidekick, and re-energized with a definitive purpose, the Dark Knight returns to protect Gotham from foes new … and old.
Fanboy demi-god Peter Weller (RoboCop) leads a stellar voice cast as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Joining Weller behind the microphone is David Selby (The Social Network, Dark Shadows) as Commissioner Gordon, Ariel Winter (Modern Family) as Carrie/Robin, three-time DCU veteran Wade Williams (Prison Break) as Harvey Dent/Two-Face, and Michael McKean (This is Spinal Tap) as Dr. Bartholomew Wolper.
Produced by Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1 will be distributed by Warner Home Video on September 25, 2012.
BATMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics.
Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps embark on their latest intergalactic missions as Warner Home Video (WHV) releases Green Lantern: The Animated Series —Rise of the Red Lanterns (Season 1 Part 1) on DVD. Based on the adventures of the popular DC Comics super hero, Green Lantern: The Animated Series, currently part of Cartoon Network’s DC Nation programming block (Saturdays at 10 a.m. ET/PT), is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and animation legend Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series; DC Universe Animated Original Movies). The two-disc DVD set featuring the first 13 episodes of the CG-animated action series will be available on August 28, 2012 for $19.97 SRP.
Green Lantern: The Animated Series — Rise of the Red Lanterns (Season 1 Part 1) follows Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps on a treacherous journey through deep space. As Earth’s Green Lantern, Hal must face down an invasion from the villainous Red Lantern Corps, who will stop at nothing to destroy and silence the Green Lantern Corps forever. Joined by his former drill sergeant Kilowog, and several all-new heroes, Hal brings the cosmic battle against the forces of evil to the far reaches of the galaxy. Equipped with a new squad and new spacecraft, The Inceptor, Hal and the team set out to protect the universe — and the Green Lantern Corps itself!
“Green Lantern: The Animated Series has really taken us into a realm we hadn’t explored before: our first completely CG-animated series,” enthuses Sam Register, Executive Vice President, Creative Affairs, at Warner Bros. Animation. “Like Teen Titans and Batman: The Animated Series, it’s an incredible, groundbreaking action series, combining the legendary instincts of Emmy®-winning executive producer Bruce Timm and the incredible artistry of WBA’s CG animators. It’s a beautifully rendered, epic space adventure with a scale that’s simply breathtaking.”
“With the release of the live-action movie last summer and the wildly popular Cartoon Network series, Green Lantern mania is at an all-time high,” said Mary Ellen Thomas, Vice President of Family and Animation Marketing and Partner Brands. “Warner Bros. Animation is known for creating outstanding animated series, and we are thrilled to be able to bring these new super hero adventures to DVD.”
Executive produced by Sam Register (Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Ben 10), and Bruce Timm, Green Lantern: The Animated Series is produced by Giancarlo Volpe (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) and Jim Krieg (Ben 10: Alien Swarm). Based upon the popular DC Comics character, the series features the voice talents of Josh Keaton as Hal Jordan, Jason Spisak as Razer, Kevin Michael Richardson as Kilowog and Grey DeLisle as Aya. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, Green Lantern: The Animated Series airs Saturdays at 10 a.m. (ET/PT) as part of Cartoon Network’s DC Nation programming block.
Green Lantern: The Animated Series — Rise of the Red Lanterns (Season 1 Part 1) includes the following episodes:
- Beware My Power…Green Lantern’s Light (Part One)
- Beware My Power…Green Lantern’s Light (Part Two)
- Razer’s Edge
- Into the Abyss
- Heir Apparent
- Lost Planet
- Fear Itself
- …In Love and War
- Regime Change
- Flight Club
The DVD also includes a four-page preview of the Green Lantern: The Animated Series comic book.
Nikita, Green Lantern: The Animated Series And Mad Set To Appear At New York Comic Con 2011
Nikita Panel Featuring Maggie Q and World Premiere Screening of Green Lantern: The Animated Series Scheduled For Saturday, October 15
Burbank, CA | September 29, 2011
Start spreadin’ the news! Stars and producers of Nikita, Green Lantern: The Animated Series and MAD will all be a part of New York Comic Con 2011, as Warner Bros. Television and Warner Bros. Animation bring iconic stars and genre properties back to The Big Apple on Saturday, October 15 and Sunday, October 16.
- Nikita (Fridays 8/7c The CW) stars Maggie Q, Shane West and Lyndsy Fonseca, and producer Albert Kim will headline the show’s panel, screen a special highlight reel, discuss upcoming episodes from the show’s second season and answer questions from fans.
- After unveiling exclusive new footage at NYCC 2010, Warner Bros. Animation and executive producer Bruce Timm will present the world-premiere screening of the complete first episode of Green Lantern: The Animated Series (coming soon to Cartoon Network) during the show’s panel session.
- The team behind Warner Bros. Animation’s hit MAD animated television series (Mondays 8:45/7:45c Cartoon Network) and DC Comics’ MAD Magazine will explore the world of MAD and wisecrack their way through a Q&A with fans.
- For continuing information about the Studio’s plans at New York Comic Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom and use the #WBNYCC hashtag.
Here is the complete WBTV and WBA New York Comic Con schedule:
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15
- 10:30–11:30 a.m. Green Lantern: The Animated Series World Premiere Screening and Conversation with Bruce Timm — World-renowned producer, artist, animator and Comic Con favorite Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series) will be on hand to unveil Green Lantern: The Animated Series, his latest television project from Warner Bros. Animation, coming soon to Cartoon Network. New York Comic Con attendees will be treated to the world premiere screening of this all-new CG action-adventure animated series, and will take part in a moderated Q&A with an animation icon. Room 1A10
- 1:30–2:00 p.m. Green Lantern: The Animated Series Signing at the DC Comics booth #1254
- 2:45–3:45 p.m. Nikita Special Video Presentation and Q&A — Nikita returns to NYCC with series stars Maggie Q (Mission: Impossible 3), Shane West (ER) and Lyndsy Fonseca (Kick-Ass) joining producer Albert Kim to reveal classified video and information. The second season finds Nikita and Michael on the run with a black box containing the government’s darkest secrets. Leading the hunt for them is Alex … and she knows all of Nikita’s tricks. From Wonderland Sound and Vision in association with Warner Bros. Television, Nikita airs Fridays at 8/7c on The CW. Become a fan of the show on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/nikita and follow The CW on Twitter @CW_network. IGN Theater
- 5:30–6:00 p.m. Nikita Signing at the DC Comics booth #1254
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 16
- 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. MAD Signing at the DC Comics booth #1254
- 12:15–1:15 p.m. MAD Special Video Presentation and Q&A — MAD is more than just the best-selling humor magazine in the nation — it’s also the inspiration for the hit animated series from Warner Bros. Animation, now in its second season on Cartoon Network. Find out what’s happening with the Usual Gang of Idiots in this panel featuring MAD Magazine editor John Ficarra, art director Sam Viviano and MAD series producer Kevin Shinick. MAD airs Mondays at 8:45/7:45c on Cartoon Network. Room 1A24
SOCIAL MEDIA CONTACTS
The CW @CW_network — twitter.com/CW_network
Craig Silverstein @sesfonstein — twitter.com/sesfonstein
Albert Kim @MagicBranch — twitter.com/MagicBranch
Maggie Q @MaggieQ — twitter.com/MaggieQ
Shane West @shanewest_1 — twitter.com/shanewest_1
Lyndsy Fonseca @LyndsyMFonseca — twitter.com/LyndsyMFonseca
Melinda Clarke @therealmsclarke — twitter.com/therealmsclarke
29 DAYS, 23 HOURS, 15 MINUTES AND COUNTING…WARNER BROS. TELEVISION GROUP ANNOUNCES SCHEDULE FOR COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO
Stars and Producers of “The Big Bang Theory,” “Chuck,” “Fringe,” “Nikita,” “Supernatural,” “The Vampire Diaries,” “Alcatraz,” “Person of Interest,” “The Secret Circle,” “Childrens Hospital,” “Green Lantern: The Animated Series,” “The Looney Tunes Show,” “MAD,” “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated,” “ThunderCats” and “Young Justice” To Appear
Warner Bros. Entertainment’s Nearly 3,000-Square-Foot Booth to Host Signings, Special Events, Digitally Driven Fan Giveaways and More
BURBANK, Calif. (June 21, 2011, 10:45 AM PT: 29 days, 23 hours, 15 minutes until #WBSDCC) — The clock is ticking, and Comic-Con is right around the corner! By bringing 16 series to Comic-Con International: San Diego, Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) further strengthens its presence at the world’s leading pop culture convention — and will deliver a one-of-a-kind experience for fans in the process. The anticipation is building as a star-studded lineup of performers and producers from Warner Bros. Television and Warner Bros. Animation series prepare for a robust schedule of panel sessions, screenings, media appearances and autograph signings.
- For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter@TheWBdotcom, hashtag #WBSDCC, and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon
- For a complete social media contact list, including official Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for WBTVG series, talent and producers, download the social media contacts page here:www.thewb.com/comiccon/2011WBSDCCSocialMedia
PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change.
- “The Big Bang Theory”: Stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch join creators/executive producers Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady, and executive producer Steven Molaro
- “Chuck”: Stars Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Joshua Gomez, Ryan McPartlin, Mark Christopher Lawrence, Vik Sahay, Scott Krinsky with Sarah Lancaster and Adam Baldwin join co-creator/executive producer Chris Fedak for a panel to discuss the fan-favorite spy series’ final season
- “Fringe”: Stars Anna Torv, Lance Reddick, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole and John Noble join executive producers Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman
- “Nikita”: Stars Maggie Q, Shane West and Lyndsy Fonseca join executive producer Craig Silverstein
- “Supernatural”: Series stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles will topline the panel, held this year for the first time ever in Hall H. Additional cast members and executive producers to be announced.
- “The Vampire Diaries”: Stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Candice Accola and Joseph Morgan join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec
- “Childrens Hospital”: Star/executive producer Rob Corddry and executive producers Jonathan Stern join stars Malin Akerman, Lake Bell, Erinn Hayes, Rob Huebel and Megan Mullally
- “Alcatraz”: Stars Sarah Jones and Jorge Garcia join executive producer Elizabeth Sarnoff
- “Person of Interest”: Stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson and Taraji P. Henson join executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman
- “The Secret Circle”: Stars Britt Robertson, Thomas Dekker, Phoebe Tonkin and Natasha Henstridge join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson, Andrew Miller and Richard Hatem
WARNER BROS. ANIMATION
- “Green Lantern: The Animated Series”: Executive producer Bruce Timm will join producer Giancarlo Volpe and producer/story editor Jim Krieg for a panel moderated by executive producer/Warner Bros. Animation’s Sam Register
- “The Looney Tunes Show”: Supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone, story editor Hugh Davidson and writer Rachel Ramras
- “MAD”: “MAD” television show producers Kevin Shinick and Mark Marek, along with MADmagazine editor John Ficarra, art director Sam Viviano and “Spy vs. Spy” artist Peter Kuper
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: Supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone and producer Mitch Watson
- “ThunderCats”: Producers Michael Jelenic and Ethan Spaulding, and art director Dan Norton
- “Young Justice”: Producers Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman, and lead character designer Phil Bourassa
Download additional panel details, including the complete schedule with times and locations, here:www.thewb.com/comiccon/2011WBSDCCPanels
And it wouldn’t be Comic-Con without a visit to the Warner Bros. booth. The Studio will once again have a can’t-miss, nearly 3,000-square-foot destination on the convention floor, at space #4545. Anchored by the iconic Warner Bros. Water Tower, the booth is a must-visit location for autograph signings, multiple interactive kiosks for fans to play video games from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, and much, much more. Stay tuned to @TheWBdotcom on Twitter orwww.thewb.com/comiccon in the coming weeks for more details about activities at the booth.
SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK PILOT SCREENINGS
WEDNESDAY, JULY 20 • 6–9 PM • BALLROOM 20
WBTVG continues its Comic-Con tradition of hosting a special sneak peek premiere event on preview night. This year, the Studio is offering fans the opportunity to see some of the most anticipated new premieres of the year.
- “Alcatraz”: Executive producers J.J. Abrams and Elizabeth Sarnoff deliver a chilling new midseason drama for FOX revolving around America’s most infamous prison, the one-time home to the nation’s worst murderers, rapists, kidnappers, thieves and arsonists.
- “The Secret Circle”: The ordinary becomes extraordinary in this romantic drama about a coven of young witches, from “The Vampire Diaries” executive producer Kevin Williamson, based upon the book series by L.J. Smith (“The Vampire Diaries”).
- “Person of Interest”: From J.J. Abrams and “The Dark Knight” co-writer Jonathan Nolan comes an action-packed hour for CBS about an ex-CIA operative and a mysterious billionaire who team up to stop violent crimes before they happen in New York City.
- “Supernatural: The Anime Series”: The popular series “Supernatural” makes history this summer as the first-ever live-action show to be re-imagined in Japanese anime style. Renowned animation studio Madhouse — working with the full approval of series creator Eric Kripke — produced the anime series, which mirrors the story arc of “Supernatural’s” first two seasons, providing supplemental stories ranging from prequels and spin-offs to untold tales that fit within the “Supernatural” mythology.
THE TV SERIES SCHEDULE
FRIDAY, JULY 22
- “MAD”: 10:00–11:00 a.m., Room 25ABC
- “The Big Bang Theory”: 12:30–1:30 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Childrens Hospital”: 1:30–2:20 p.m., Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- “Green Lantern: The Animated Series”: 2:00–3:00 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “ThunderCats”: 3:30–4:30 p.m., Room 6A
SATURDAY, JULY 23
- “Chuck”: 10:00–10:45 a.m., Ballroom 20
- “The Vampire Diaries”: 3:30–4:15 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Fringe”: 4:15–5:00 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Alcatraz”: 5:00–6:00 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “The Secret Circle”: 5:10–6:00 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “Nikita”: 6:00–6:45 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “Person of Interest”: 6:45–7:30 p.m., Room 6BCF
SUNDAY, JULY 24
- “Young Justice”: 10:00–11:00 a.m., Room 7AB
- “Supernatural”: 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m., Hall H
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: 1:00–2:00 p.m., Room 6A
- “The Looney Tunes Show”: 2:15–3:15 p.m., Room 6A
March 4th-6th marked the first time ever in it’s 9 year history that Emerald City Comic Con kicked off on a Friday. Although it was my first time at this show, I’ve been told wonderful things, about the myriad of artists that flooded artist alley, the mobs of fans trying to meet creators, and how this show was truly a “comic centric” type of con, and not bombarded with Hollywood studios. I am happy to report that all of those things were true. With one of the biggest artist alley’s I’ve seen, along with truly knowledgeable fans who lined up for commissions and autographs, Emerald City Comic Con is one of the best shows I’ve attended. It also doesn’t hurt that Seattle had gorgeous weather that weekend, and had plenty of great restaurants within walking distance to the convention center. Here’s a few photos from the show:
Bruce Timm, James Denton, Sam Liu, Dwayne McDuffie, Andrea Romano and more appear at the Paley Center on Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 7:00 pm.
James Denton, Voice of Superman
Bruce Timm, Executive Producer
Sam Liu, Director
Dwayne McDuffie, Writer
Andrea Romano, Dialogue/Casting Director
Warner Home Video and The Paley Center for Media present the west coast premiere of All-Star Superman, the highly anticipated tenth entry in the popular series of DC Universe Animated Original Movies, produced by Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment, and Warner Bros. Animation. Grant Morrison’s Eisner Award–winning vision of Superman’s heroic final days on Earth is brought to exquisite animated life by executive producer Bruce Timm, director Sam Liu, screenwriter Dwayne McDuffie, and a star-studded cast guided by renowned dialogue director Andrea Romano. In the film, Superman rescues an ill-fated mission to the Sun (sabotaged by Lex Luthor) and, in the process, is oversaturated by radiation—which accelerates his cell degeneration. Sensing even he will be unable to cheat death, Superman ventures into new realms—finally revealing his secret to Lois, confronting Lex Luthor’s perspective of humanity, and attempting to ensure Earth’s safety before his own impending end with one final, selfless act. The cast includes James Denton (Desperate Housewives) as Superman, Christina Hendricks (Mad Men) as Lois Lane, and Anthony LaPaglia (Without A Trace) as Lex Luthor, as well as seven-time Emmy Award–winner Ed Asner (Up), Golden Globe–winner Frances Conroy (Six Feet Under), Matthew Gray Gubler (Criminal Minds), and Linda Cardellini (ER).
A limited number of tickets will be available to Paley Center Members starting Wednesday, January 19. Check this link for updates.
ECCC PR: EMERALD CITY COMICONS’ MONSTERS & DAMES CHARITY ART BOOK RETURNS, BIGGER & BETTER THAN EVER!
Seattle, WA – December 20, 2010 – Debuting again at the upcoming Emerald City Comicon (ECCC) will be the 2011 edition of the shows popular MONSTERS & DAMES art book. The 2011 book not only features an amazing cover by acclaimed illustrator Adam Hughes, but has expanded to a whopping SIXTY (60) pages of brand new illustrations by some of the top illustrators in comics and animation!
Since its inception in 2009, the MONSTERS & DAMES art books and auctions have raised over $10,000.00 for Seattle Children’s Hospital, a premier child health care & pediatric center, recognized as one of the leading hospitals for children. The art book has sold out each year at the convention.
“Helping bring this book to life each year is an incredible experience,” says ECCC Convention Director Jim Demonakos. “Being able to not only create a fun, collectible art book that fans love and at the same time raise a huge amount of money to benefit local children is very rewarding.”
The full-color, 9″x12″, 60-page MONSTERS & DAMES hardcover is limited to 1000 individually numbered copies. The 2011 book features contributions from some of the top creators in the industry, including JG Jones, Geof Darrow, Cully Hamner, Bruce Timm, Humberto Ramos, Guy Davis, Todd Nauck, Frank Cho, Yanick Paquette, Skottie Young, Aaron Lopresti, Cliff Chiang, Mike McKone, Cameron Stewart, Erik Larsen, Chris Giarrusso, Pete Woods, Jonathan Hickman, Sean “Cheeks” Galloway and dozens more! For the complete list of creators involved in this amazing art book, visit http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com/monstersndames.php
The Ninth Annual EMERALD CITY COMICON, newly expanded to three days, will be taking place March 4th-6th, 2011 at the Washington State Convention & Trade Center in beautiful downtown Seattle, WA.